EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Rue Lauriston, Paris | Tourist Information


129 RUE LAURISTON
Paris, France


La rue Lauriston est une voie du arrondissement de Paris.Histoire et descriptionAncien chemin du Bel-air, la rue tire son nom de Jacques Alexandre Law de Lauriston (1768-1828) militaire et homme d'État sous le Premier Empire et la Restauration.Le réservoir de Passy est situé dans cette rue. Construit par Marie François Eugène Belgrand (1810-1878) et mis en service sous le Second Empire, il est l'un des principaux réservoirs de stockage d'eau non potable à Paris.Au 40, vécut le peintre et illustrateur Fabien Fabiano qui y décéda le 26 mai 1962.Au 74 ter, se trouve le seul jeu de paume de Paris, et l'une des trois dernières salles en activité en France, avec Fontainebleau et Pau.Durant la Seconde Guerre mondiale, la Gestapo française de Bonny (1895-1944) et Lafont (1902-1944) était installée au numéro 93.En raison du caractère « bourgeois » de ce quartier, le chanteur Pierre Perret place dans la rue Lauriston l'action (mettant en scène une « bonne » espagnole) de l'un des couplets de sa chanson des années 1960 La Corrida.On retrouve mentionnée, dans la chanson interprétée par Jean-Louis Foulquier, Tout c'qu'est dégueulasse, la rue Lauriston.Au 101 bis, l'écrivain Joseph Bialot a écrit en 1978 son premier roman policier Le Salon du prêt à saigner qui fut récompensé par le Grand Prix de littérature policière 1979.

Landmark Near Rue Lauriston

World Heritage Centre
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
125 avenue de Suffren
Paris, 75007

UNESCO Headquarters or Maison de l'UNESCO is a building inaugurated on 3 November 1958 at number 7 Place de Fontenoy in Paris, France to serve as the headquarters for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, (UNESCO). It is a cultural building that can be visited freely.DesignThe design of the UNESCO Headquarters building was the combined work of three architects: Bernard Zehrfuss (United States), Marcel Breuer (Hungary), and Pier Luigi Nervi (Italy). Plans were also validated by an international committee of five architects composed of Lucio Costa (Brazil), Walter Gropius (United States), Le Corbusier (France), Sven Markelius (Sweden) and Ernesto Nathan Rogers (Italy), with the collaboration of Eero Saarinen (Finland).DescriptionThe main building, which houses the secretariat, consists of seven floors forming a three-pointed star. To this is added a building called the "accordion" and a cubic building, which is intended for permanent delegations and non-governmental organizations.

Chateau De Versailles
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, 78000

01 30 83 78 00

Pont de Grenelle
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Grenelle
Paris, 75016

Il Pont de Grenelle è un ponte di Parigi, in Francia, che collega il 15° arrondissement ed il 16° arrondissement della città, e passa attraverso il quartiere Ile des Cignes. Costruito totalmente in acciaio, è un ponte ad arco. La struttura attuale fu edificata nel 1966, con l'obiettivo riuscito di rimpiazzare il ponte precedente, divenuto poco solido, costruito nel 1873; il ponte passa davanti alla copia della Statua della Libertà.

Pont de Grenelle
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Grenelle
Paris, 75016

Il Pont de Grenelle è un ponte di Parigi, in Francia, che collega il 15° arrondissement ed il 16° arrondissement della città, e passa attraverso il quartiere Ile des Cignes. Costruito totalmente in acciaio, è un ponte ad arco. La struttura attuale fu edificata nel 1966, con l'obiettivo riuscito di rimpiazzare il ponte precedente, divenuto poco solido, costruito nel 1873; il ponte passa davanti alla copia della Statua della Libertà.

Pont de Grenelle
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Grenelle
Paris, 75016

The pont de Grenelle is a bridge in Paris, France, that crosses the Seine river. It connects the city's 15th and 16th arrondissements, and passes through the Île aux Cygnes. Constructed of steel, it is a girder bridge. The current bridge was constructed in 1966, replacing an earlier bridge that had stood since 1873. The bridge passes behind a replica of the Statue of Liberty.

Pont de Grenelle
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Grenelle
Paris,

Le pont de Grenelle-Cadets-de-Saumur est un pont de Paris construit en 1966-1968 sur l’emplacement d'un premier pont bâti en 1827.GéographieLe pont de Grenelle-Cadets-de-Saumur enjambe la Seine de la rue Linois à la rue Maurice-Bourdet, dans le 16e arrondissement de Paris, avec un appui sur l’île aux Cygnes dont l'extrémité aval (au sud-ouest) porte une réplique de la Statue de la Liberté.Ce site est desservi par les stations de métro Mirabeau et Charles Michels.HistoireDepuis l'origine, il a été construit trois ponts successifs.pont de Grenelle (1827)Le premier pont de Grenelle est conçu par l'architecte Mallet, à l'initiative des promoteurs du quartier Beaugrenelle. Le pont est ouvert aux piétons et aux voitures (à cheval) le mai 1827, avec un droit de péage variant de 5 centimes de francs pour un piéton à 25 centimes pour un carrosse à deux chevaux et, concernant les animaux, 1 centime pour un porc, mouton ou chèvre, 2 centimes pour un âne et 5 centimes pour un cheval, bœuf ou vache.En 1873, ce pont s'affaisse totalement.

Pont de Grenelle
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Grenelle
Paris,

Le pont de Grenelle-Cadets-de-Saumur est un pont de Paris construit en 1966-1968 sur l’emplacement d'un premier pont bâti en 1827.GéographieLe pont de Grenelle-Cadets-de-Saumur enjambe la Seine de la rue Linois à la rue Maurice-Bourdet, dans le 16e arrondissement de Paris, avec un appui sur l’île aux Cygnes dont l'extrémité aval (au sud-ouest) porte une réplique de la Statue de la Liberté.Ce site est desservi par les stations de métro Mirabeau et Charles Michels.HistoireDepuis l'origine, il a été construit trois ponts successifs.pont de Grenelle (1827)Le premier pont de Grenelle est conçu par l'architecte Mallet, à l'initiative des promoteurs du quartier Beaugrenelle. Le pont est ouvert aux piétons et aux voitures (à cheval) le mai 1827, avec un droit de péage variant de 5 centimes de francs pour un piéton à 25 centimes pour un carrosse à deux chevaux et, concernant les animaux, 1 centime pour un porc, mouton ou chèvre, 2 centimes pour un âne et 5 centimes pour un cheval, bœuf ou vache.En 1873, ce pont s'affaisse totalement.

Dupleix (Paris Métro)
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
72 Boulevard Grenelle
Paris, 75015

01 45 79 79 42

Dupleix is an elevated station of the Paris Métro serving line 6 in the Boulevard de Grenelle in the 15th arrondissement. The track and station form an elevated viaduct in the centre of and above the Boulevard de Grenelle. There is an open street market under the station twice a week.The station opened as part of the former Line 2 South on 24 April 1906, when it was extended from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 Line 2 South was incorporated into Line 5. It was incorporated into line 6 on 12 October 1942. It is named after the nearby Place Dupleix, a square commemorating Joseph François Dupleix, marquis of Landrecies and Paris, an administrator and colonizer of India. The station was the location of the Barrière de Grenelle, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished in the nineteenth century.

École Militaire
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Place Joffre
Paris, 75007

The École Militaire is a vast complex of buildings housing various military training facilities located in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, France, southeast of the Champ de Mars.HistoryIt was founded in 1750, after the War of the Austrian Succession, by Louis XV on the basis of a proposal of Marshal Maurice de Saxe and with the support of Madame de Pompadour and the financier Joseph Paris Duverney, with the aim of creating an academic college for cadet officers from poor noble families. It was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel, and construction began in 1752 on the grounds of the farm of Grenelle, but the school did not open until 1760. The Comte de Saint-Germain reorganised it in 1777 under the name of the École des Cadets-gentilshommes (School of Young Gentlemen), which accepted the young Napoleon Bonaparte in 1784. He graduated from this school in only one year instead of two.It now hosts: The École de guerre (War School), and The Institut des hautes études de défense nationale (IHEDN) (Institute of Advanced Studies in National Defense)

Maison de Radio France
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
116, avenue du Président-Kennedy
Paris, 75016

La Maison de la Radio – budynek w Paryżu, w 16. dzielnicy, siedziba Radio France, francuskiego nadawcy publicznego. Oficjalnie oddany do użytku 14 grudnia 1963 w obecności prezydenta de Gaulle'a i francuskiego ministra kultury André Malraux.Budynek ma formę pierścienia łącznej długości około pół kilometra z 68-metrową wieżą; swoją formą nawiązuje do logo Radio France. Zlokalizowany jest w kwartale pomiędzy Avenue du Président Kennedy, Rue de Boulainvilliers, Rue Raynouard i Rue de Ranelagh, nad brzegiem Sekwany. Mieści około tysiąca pomieszczeń biurowych, a także 61 pomieszczeń studyjnych.

Maison de la Radio
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
116, avenue du Président-Kennedy
Paris, 75016

La maison de la Radio, surnommée « maison ronde », parfois appelée la « maison de Radio France », est un bâtiment conçu par l’architecte Henry Bernard pour accueillir la radio-télévision publique française, inauguré le. Elle est constituée d'une couronne de de circonférence et d'une tour de de hauteur, en son centre. Elle abrite bureaux et 61 studios d'enregistrement. Elle est située avenue du Président-Kennedy, dans le de Paris. C’est, depuis 1975, le siège de la société Radio France.C'était également le siège social de FR3 puis France 3 de 1975 à 1998. Radio France Internationale a eu son siège social dans cette maison, entre 1987 et 2013.Elle est desservie à vers le nord par la station de métro Passy.La gare de l'avenue du Président-Kennedy (ligne C du RER) est toute proche (côté nord de la rue du Ranelagh).HistoireLa construction d’un bâtiment pour les services de radio-télévision est décidée dans les années 1950. L’État acquiert en 1952 le terrain du de Paris en bordure de Seine, où se situait auparavant une usine à gaz, désaffectée en 1928, puis un stade. Les plans sont dressés par l’architecte Henry Bernard.

Direction de la surveillance du territoire
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
كلية القائد حافظ الاسد لعزة وشموخ سورية
Paris,

La direction de la Surveillance du territoire était un service de renseignements du ministère de l'Intérieur, au sein de la direction générale de la Police nationale, chargé historiquement du contre-espionnage en France.Cette dernière compétence n'était plus la seule qui était confiée à la DST ; depuis la disparition du bloc soviétique, s'y ajoutaient la lutte anti-terroriste, la lutte contre la prolifération et la protection du patrimoine économique et scientifique français.Cette dernière spécialité relève de l'intelligence économique. Elle était membre de la communauté française de renseignement. Elle constituait sans doute la structure la moins visible et l'une des plus discrètes de la police nationale.La mission de contre-espionnage civil et militaire qui lui était dévolue ne concerne pas le grand public et requiert une confidentialité particulière. L'identité des personnels ainsi que la nature des opérations auxquelles ils participaient relèvent du Secret-Défense et Confidentiel-Défense.Le juillet 2008, la DST a fusionné avec la direction centrale des Renseignements généraux au sein d'une nouvelle direction qui a pris le nom de direction centrale du Renseignement intérieur puis de Direction générale de la Sécurité intérieure en 2014.

Place Joffre Paris
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Place Joffre
Paris, 75007

Bir-Hakeim
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
bir hakeim
Paris, 75015

Bir-Hakeim is an elevated station of the Paris Métro serving line 6 in the Boulevard de Grenelle in the 15th arrondissement. It is situated on the left bank of the Bir-Hakeim bridge over the Seine. The name of both the bridge and the station commemorates the World War II battle of Bir Hakeim.The station is above the RER C line; the station Champ de Mars - Tour Eiffel is within walking distance.HistoryThe station opened as part of the former Line 2 South on 24 April 1906, when it was extended from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 Line 2 South was incorporated into Line 5. It was incorporated into line 6 on 12 October 1942. The station was called Quai de Grenelle until 1949, when it was renamed to commemorate the battle of Bir Hakeim. A commemorative panel is situated at the entrance of the platform for trains traveling towards Nation. The station was the location of the Barrière de la Cunette, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished in the nineteenth century.

Appartement pour seance photo. Type Haussmannien
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
avenue du Général Mangin
Paris, 75016

L'appart c'est aussi du materiel photo a dispo (eclairage Elinchrom)

Collège Notre Dame de Grâce de Passy
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
60 Rue Raynouard
Paris, 75016

01 42 88 77 60

Tour Eiffel
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, 75007

La Tour Effeil - Paris
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
5 avenue Anatole France
Paris, 75007

+33 892 70 12 39

Turn Eiffel
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Paryż, Francja, Wieża Eiffla
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Paris Am Eifelturm
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
5 avenue Anatole France – Champ de Mars
Paris, 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Menara Eiffel
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
5 avenue Anatole France
Paris, 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Eiffel Tower
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars
Paris, 75007

+33 892 70 12 39

La Tour Effiel
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Embassy of Australia, Paris
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
4 rue Jean Rey
Paris, 75015

0140593300

The Australian Embassy in Paris is located 400 metres southwest of the Eiffel Tower, on Rue Jean Rey in the 15th arrondissement of Paris, near the Bir-Hakeim bridge on the Seine. The embassy is situated on a triangular shaped block, and comprises a pair of nine-storey buildings. The Chancellery Building houses Australia's missions to France, to UNESCO and to the OECD, and the apartment of the ambassador to France; the other building contains 34 staff apartments, all with views of the Seine and the Eiffel Tower.The embassy, and several pieces of its original furniture, were designed in a modernist style by Australian architect Harry Seidler, with Marcel Breuer and Pier Luigi Nervi as consulting designers. Like many of Seidler's other works, the Embassy was built from precast modularised concrete, with a quartz and granite faced exterior and prestressed precast floors. Its two buildings are curved to form two quarter circles, the two arcs of an "S"-shaped complex, with the radii of the circles lined up to match the axes of the Eiffel Tower and the Champ de Mars.The land for the embassy, formerly housing a disused Paris Métro station, was purchased by the McMahon government of Australia in 1972. Construction started on the Embassy in 1975, and it was completed in 1977.

Embassy of Australia, Paris
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
4 rue Jean Rey
Paris, 75015

0140593300

The Australian Embassy in Paris is located 400 metres southwest of the Eiffel Tower, on Rue Jean Rey in the 15th arrondissement of Paris, near the Bir-Hakeim bridge on the Seine. The embassy is situated on a triangular shaped block, and comprises a pair of nine-storey buildings. The Chancellery Building houses Australia's missions to France, to UNESCO and to the OECD, and the apartment of the ambassador to France; the other building contains 34 staff apartments, all with views of the Seine and the Eiffel Tower.The embassy, and several pieces of its original furniture, were designed in a modernist style by Australian architect Harry Seidler, with Marcel Breuer and Pier Luigi Nervi as consulting designers. Like many of Seidler's other works, the Embassy was built from precast modularised concrete, with a quartz and granite faced exterior and prestressed precast floors. Its two buildings are curved to form two quarter circles, the two arcs of an "S"-shaped complex, with the radii of the circles lined up to match the axes of the Eiffel Tower and the Champ de Mars.The land for the embassy, formerly housing a disused Paris Métro station, was purchased by the McMahon government of Australia in 1972. Construction started on the Embassy in 1975, and it was completed in 1977.

Landmark Near Rue Lauriston

Avenue Paul Doumer
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Paul Doumer
Paris, France 75116

Die Avenue Paul Doumer ist eine Straße im 16. Arrondissement von Paris, im Viertel Muette. Die 970 Meter lange und 30 Meter breite Straße beginnt an der Place du Trocadéro et du 11 Novembre und endet an der Rue de Passy Nr. 82 und der Chaussée de la Muette Nr. 2. An ihrem Ende wird sie in südwestlicher Richtung durch die Avenue Mozart „verlängert“.GeschichteDie Anfänge der Straße liegen im Jahr 1904 im Abschnitt zwischen der Rue de la Pompe und der Chaussée de la Muette. Ursprünglich trug sie den Namen Avenue de la Muette. Nach der Ermordung des ehemaligen französischen Staatspräsidenten Paul Doumer Anfang Mai 1932 erhielt die Straße am 19. Juli 1932 ihre heutige Bezeichnung.Wohnsitz berühmter PersonenIn dem Haus Nummer 71 lebte einst Brigitte Bardot.Das mit der Filmindustrie am engsten verbundene Haus der Straße findet sich unter Nummer 19. Hier lebten einige Schauspieler und andere Größen der Filmbranche, wie zum Beispiel Mireille Darc und Robert Hossein. Das Haus war auch Drehort des 1970 uraufgeführten französischen Spielfilms Vier im roten Kreis (OT: Le cercle rouge). Im Film unterhielt der Gangster Corey (dargestellt von Alain Delon) eine Wohnung in diesem Haus.

Mona Bismarck American Center for Art & Culture
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
34, avenue de New York
Paris, France 75116

Through a multidisciplinary program of exhibitions, events, and educational outreach, the Center’s mission is to engage visitors in a dialogue with the depth and diversity of the current American cultural scene.The current Center was launched in 2011, based on the legacy of the Mona Bismarck Foundation, which became active in 1986 following the death of its founder and sole benefactor, the American philanthropist Countess Mona von Bismarck. She donated her Parisian townhouse and the majority of her estate to found the Mona Bismarck Foundation, as "her desire was to establish a Cultural Centre in Paris to enhance the cause of American/French friendship upon her death".HistoryThe CenterLocated on the Seine, across from the Eiffel Tower, the hôtel particulier, or Parisian townhouse, was built at the end of the nineteenth century. It was reconfigured for Mona Bismarck in the late 1950s by French interior decorator Stéphane Boudin. The building was featured in a 1928 issue of Vogue.ProgrammingExhibitionsTwo to three temporary exhibitions of American art are presented each year in partnership with international institutions. Exhibitions focus on a single artist or theme and represent a range of artistic styles and movements.Past exhibitions :Quilt Art: L’Art du Patchwork(February 13 – May 19, 2013)Mary Cassatt à Paris: Drawings and Engravings from the Ambroise Vollard Collection(September 26, 2012 – January 20, 2013)The Wyeths: Three Generations of American ArtBank of America Merrill Lynch Collection(November 10, 2011 to February 12, 2012)Little Black Dress (July 3 – September 22, 2013)

Apostolic Nuncio to France
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
10 Avenue du Président Wilson
Paris, France

The Apostolic Nunciature to the French Republic is an ecclesiastical office of the Catholic Church in France. It is a diplomatic post of the Holy See, whose representative is called the Apostolic Nuncio with the rank of an ambassador.History of the NunciatureThe early twentieth century was a very difficult time in France-Vatican relations because of tensions over Church-State separation and anticlericalism, which were condemned by Pius X, and which led to the freezing of relations.However, relations were renewed after the First World War and had very much improved under the presidency of Charles de Gaulle. There was controversy over relations under the Vichy regime, because the regime rewarded the Church even though bishops often opposed antisemitism.Relations with the Sarkozy government have been relatively good, given the fact that the government has announced an end to the ban on recognition of higher Christian institutions.

Embajada de Argentina en Francia
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6, rue Cimarosa
Paris, France 75016

La Embajada de la República Argentina en Francia es la principal representación diplomática de la República Argentina en ese país europeo. La sede de la misión diplomática se encuentra en la calle Cimarosa número 6, de la ciudad de París.

Avenue Victor-Hugo
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Victor Hugo
Paris, France 75016

0753474860

Avenue Victor-Hugo is an avenue in the 16th arrondissement of Paris. It begins at place Charles de Gaulle (also known as the Étoile) and ends at place Tattegrain (becoming avenue Henri-Martin). It is one of the twelve avenues beginning at the Étoile, and the second longest of the twelve, after the avenue des Champs-Élysées.Its junction with the Étoile is between those of the avenue Foch and avenue Kléber. It runs along the colline de Chaillot. Halfway along it is place Victor-Hugo and the Line 2 Metro station Victor Hugo. Originally named avenue de Saint-Cloud, it was renamed avenue Victor Hugo in 1881.Crossing the whole northern part of the 16th arrondissement, over 1.825 km from the Étoile to the Muette, it is an average of 36m wide (its first part, between the Étoile and the place Victor-Hugo, is wider than the second part, between place Victor Hugo and place Tattegrain). Planted with trees and decorated with a statue of its namesake at the junction with avenue Henri-Martin, it is one of the most prestigious avenues in Paris.It includes several buildings by Pierre Humbert, such as numbers 122 and 167 (the latter built in 1911 for Humbert's family). Humbert also built number 124, on the site of the hôtel particulier where Victor Hugo spent his last days (having as his address "Mr Victor Hugo, In his avenue, in Paris").

Danish House in Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
142 avenue des Champs-Elysées
Paris, France 75008

La Maison du Danemark est un institut culturel promouvant le Danemark à Paris, qui fut inauguré en 1955 au 142 avenue des Champs-Élysées dans le 8e arrondissement de Paris.Le bâtimentAu, à l’emplacement de la Maison du Danemark, se trouvait un parc d’attractions, le jardin Beaujon, connu surtout pour ses feux d’artifice et vols en montgolfière.Au début du, à cet emplacement, fut édifié un hôtel particulier de quatre étages, l'hôtel Subiran, constitué d'une maison principale donnant sur les Champs-Élysées, une grande cour intérieure et deux pavillons donnant sur la rue Lord-Byron.ConstructionL'idée de créer une maison danoise à l'étranger naît à l'occasion de l'exposition universelle de Bruxelles en 1935. L’architecte participe à cette exposition avec ses pavillons danois.L'État danois acquiert le terrain en 1948, démolit l'hôtel Subiran sur l'initiative de Johannes Kjærbøl, ministre danois du Logement, et fait construire la Maison du Danemark dans le but de promouvoir l'industrie, l'agriculture et la culture danoises. La première pierre est posée le 23 septembre 1952 par Erik Eriksen, Premier ministre danois, en présence de Robert Schumann, ministre français des Affaires étrangères, et de la fanfare de la garde de Tivoli. Une partie des fonds pour la construction de la nouvelle Maison est recueillie à l'occasion d'une exposition franco-danoise à Copenhague en 1950, ainsi que par une loterie de la colonie danoise en France. Le coût total de la Maison revient à 6,7 millions de couronnes danoises.

PARIS LA NUIT
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, France

Agenda des plus belles soirées de la capitale ! Anecdotes en tout genre... Photos de notre si belle ville !... Un peu d'tout quoi !!!

Place Charles de Gaulle
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, France 75008

The Place Charles de Gaulle, historically known as the Place de l'Étoile, is a large road junction in Paris, France, the meeting point of twelve straight avenues (hence its historic name, which translates as "Square of the Star") including the Champs-Élysées. It was renamed in 1970 following the death of General and President Charles de Gaulle. It is still often referred to by its original name, and the nearby metro station retains the designation Charles de Gaulle – Étoile.Paris Axe historique ("historical axis") cuts through the Arc de Triomphe, which stands at the centre of the Place de l'Étoile.HistoryThe original name of the area was the Butte Chaillot . At the time it was the point of convergence of several hunting trails. The Marquis de Marigny constructed monumental roadworks, completed in 1777, on the mound when he was establishing the plantations along the Champs Élysées. This work included paving of the road in the form of a star, as it still exists today. The junction became known as the Place de l'Étoile. There is no pedestrian access to the Arc de Triomphe from any of the twelve avenues as there is constant movement of automobile traffic on and around the road junction, but an underpass is accessible to the Arc de Triomphe.In 1787, during the construction of the Farmers-General Wall, la Barrière de l'Étoile was built to the design of Claude Nicolas Ledoux for the collection of the octroi tax at the entrance to Paris. The wall and the two buildings built on either side of the Place de l'Étoile were demolished in the nineteenth century.

Place de l'Étoile (homonymie)
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, France 75008

La place Charles-de-Gaulle, anciennement place de l’Étoile, est une place située à Paris, à la limite de trois arrondissements. Encore très connue sous son ancien nom, elle est officiellement rebaptisée le en l'honneur de Charles de Gaulle quelques jours après sa mort. Au centre de cette place se trouve l'Arc de triomphe.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Charles de Gaulle - Étoile.HistoireLa place Charles-de-Gaulle est située sur la butte-témoin de l'Étoile, telle qu'elle apparaît sur la carte d'État-Major des Environs de Paris de 1818-1824. Marigny eut le projet d'aplanir la butte en même temps qu'il faisait replanter en ligne les Champs-Élysées. Les travaux, considérables, furent terminés en 1777. Le pavage de la place représente aussi une étoile.Le nom d'Étoile est ancien et indique une convergence de routes ; ce qui s'appelle aujourd'hui la place de l'Étoile est au un carrefour de chasse.En 1787, lors de la construction du mur des Fermiers généraux, la barrière de l'Étoile (encore appelée barrière de Neuilly) est aménagée sur les dessins de Claude-Nicolas Ledoux pour encaisser l'octroi à l'entrée de Paris. Deux bâtiments encadraient la barrière et sont aujourd'hui disparus. La barrière marquait la limite de Paris et de son ancien arrondissement (1795-1859) correspondant à l'actuel arrondissement et à la partie ouest de l'actuel arrondissement.

Embassy of Ireland, Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
12 avenue Foch
Paris, France 75116

01 44 17 67 00

The Embassy of Ireland in Paris (Ambassade d'Irlande à Paris) is the diplomatic mission of Ireland to France. It is located at 12 Avenue Foch in the 16th arrondissement.The embassy is also represented in France by Honorary Consuls in Cherbourg, Antibes/Cannes and Lyon. The embassy is accredited to Monaco, where it also has an honorary consul.The current Ambassador to France is Geraldine Byrne Nason, who was moved from her position as Second Secretary General of the Department of the Taoiseach.BuildingThe Irish Embassy in Paris was built in the 1890s and it was purchased by the Irish government in 1954 to house the new embassy. In 2006, the reception rooms of the chancery underwent extensive renovations.

Ambassade de Belgique en France
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
9 rue de Tilsitt
Paris, France 75017

0144093939

L'ambassade de Belgique en France est la représentation diplomatique de la Belgique en France. Elle est située 9 rue de Tilsitt, à Paris près de la place de l'Étoile. Son ambassadeur est Vincent Mertens de Wilmars en poste depuis 2015.HistoireL'hôtel particulier qu'occupe l'actuelle ambassade a été construit en 1874 lors des travaux du baron Haussmann. Il passa successivement entre les mains de M. Guillermoz de Schutte, homme d’affaires bremois puis en 1876 de M. et Mme Mac-Kay, industriel de nationalité américaine. Les Mac-Kay vendent précipitamment les lieux à M. Victor Klotz pour la somme de 1 million de francs.Le bien reste dans la famille mais Louis-Lucien Klotz, avocat puis ministre des Finances sous la fait de mauvaises spéculations en Bourse et le parlementaire est criblés de dettes. Le Crédit foncier rachète l'immeuble mis en gage pour 1,25 millions de francs en 1937 et le revend en 1941 à la société immobilière Étoile-Tilsitt pour 5 millions.L’hôtel sera revendu le 21 juin 1951 à l’état belge pour 105 millions de francs. Tous les services déménagent de l'hôtel La Marck situé au 25 rue de Surène pour le nouveau bâtiment de la rue de Tilsitt. L'hôtel de La Marck reste aujourd'hui la résidence de l'ambassadeur.ConsulatsLa Belgique a un Consulat général de Belgique à Strasbourg.

Palais des congrès de Paris
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Mohamed 5
Paris, France 75017

The Palais des congrès de Paris is a concert venue, convention centre and shopping mall in the 17th arrondissement of Paris, France. The venue was built by French architect Guillaume Gillet, and was inaugurated in 1974. Nearby the venue are Bois de Boulogne and the affluent neighbourhood of Neuilly-sur-Seine. The closest métro and RER stations are Porte Maillot and Neuilly – Porte Maillot, accessible via the lower levels of the building.VenuesThe four main venues are: Grand Amphithéâtre: 3,723 seatsAmphithéâtre Bordeaux: 650 seatsTV studioPast eventsCésar Awards presentations: 1976, 1981, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1992, 1995Eurovision Song Contest 1978Tour de France presentationUEFA Euro 2016 final draw