EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Domaine De Marie-Antoinette, Versailles | Tourist Information


Allée des Deux Trianons
Versailles, France 78000

+33 01 30 83 78 00

Historical Place Near Domaine De Marie-Antoinette

Salle du Jeu de paume
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue du jeu de Paume
Versailles, 78000

La salle du Jeu de paume est située rue du Jeu de paume, au cœur du quartier Saint-Louis, à Versailles (Yvelines). Elle est célèbre pour le serment du Jeu de paume qu'y prêtèrent les députés du Tiers état le 20 juin 1789.Le jeu de Paume à VersaillesCette salle, que l'on nommait à l'époque « tripot », fut construite par Nicolas Creté en 1686. Le roi Louis XIV, ainsi que d'autres personnages de la Cour, y ont joué au jeu de paume, jeu très populaire à l'époque et ancêtre du tennis actuel. À noter qu'il y avait plusieurs salles de ce genre à Paris, et que les roturiers ne pouvaient pas participer.

Versailles Orangerie
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
slim
Versailles, 78000

The Versailles Orangerie (French: L′Orangerie du Château de Versailles) was built by Jules Hardouin-Mansart between 1684 and 1686, replacing Le Vaus design from 1663 - that is to say, before work on the palace had even begun. It is an example of many such prestigious extensions of grand gardens in Europe designed both to shelter tender plants and impress visitors. In the winter, the Versailles Orangerie houses more than a thousand trees in boxes. Most are citrus trees, but there are many tender Mediterranean plants including oleanders, olive, pomegranate, and palm trees. From May to October, they are put outdoors in the Parterre Bas.The allure of citrusThe sweet orange was introduced to Europe by the fifteenth or sixteenth century. At first, they were an expensive food item. Medieval cookbooks tell exactly how many orange slices a visiting dignitary was entitled to. Citrus soon became the fashion of the nobility and rich merchants. By the sixteenth century, sweet oranges had become well-established and had assumed commercial importance in Europe.In France, the first orangerie was built and stocked by Charles VIII of France at the Château of Amboise. There is general agreement that the arrival of the sweet orange in Europe was linked with the activities of the Portuguese during the fifteenth century, and particularly by Vasco de Gama's voyages to the East. Although the Romans had been acquainted with lemons and probably sour oranges as well as citrons, the different types - sour oranges, lemons and sweet oranges - reached Europe centuries apart. By withholding water and nutrients, and by using pruning techniques, French gardeners were able to make citrus trees bloom throughout the year, to the delight of Louis XIV. Citrus motifs formed themes in sculpture, mosaics, embroidery, weaving, paintings, poems, and songs throughout history, and orange blossoms remain prized as floral ornaments at weddings.

Château de Versailles Spectacles
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, 78000

01 30 83 78 89

Château de Versailles
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Château de Versailles
Versailles, 78140

+33 (0) 1 30 83 78 00

Grande Écurie
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, 78000

La Grande Écurie est un bâtiment qui se trouve à Versailles (Yvelines), sur la place d'Armes, en face du château, entre les avenues de Saint-Cloud et de Paris. Constituant avec la Petite Écurie les Écuries royales (institution faisant travailler un millier de personnes sous Louis XIV), elle a été construite sous la direction de l'architecte Jules Hardouin-Mansart et achevée en 1682.Dotée d'un manège, elle abritait les chevaux de chasse et de guerre du roi.HistoireIdentique à la Petite Écurie, dont elle est séparée par l’Avenue de Paris, sous l'Ancien Régime, elle se trouvait sous les ordres du Grand écuyer de France et abritait l'école des pages du roi, réservée aux fils des familles de la noblesse militaire dont l'ancienneté remontait à au moins 1550, ainsi que les montures réservées au roi et aux princes dont les pages assuraient le service. La réception comme page du roi en sa Grande écurie était, pour une famille, un honneur qui venait juste après celui des Honneurs de la Cour. Lorsque le roi devait se déplacer à la nuit tombée à Versailles dans le château ou les jardins, il revenait à six pages de sa Grande écurie, portant chacun flambeau, de le précéder, lui ouvrant la route et lui éclairant le chemin.

Château de Versailles
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, 78000

01 30 83 78 00

Palacio de Versalles, París, Francia
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, 78000

Palace of Versailles
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes 78000 Versailles, France
Versailles, 78140

01 39 490518

The Palace of Versailles, Château de Versailles, or simply Versailles, is a royal château in Versailles in the Île-de-France region of France.When the château was built, Versailles was a small village dating from the 11th century; today, however, it is a wealthy suburb of Paris, some 20 kilometres (12 miles) southwest of the centre of the French capital, which surrounded Louis XIII's original building on the north, south, and west (the garden side). After Le Vau's death in 1670, the work was taken over and completed by his assistant, François d'Orbay. Charles Le Brun designed and supervised the elaborate interior decoration, and André Le Nôtre landscaped the extensive Gardens of Versailles. Le Brun and Le Nôtre collaborated on the numerous fountains, and Le Brun supervised the design and installation of countless statues.

Palace of Versailles
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Place d'armes
Versailles, 78000

(33) 01 30 83 78 00

Le château de Versailles est un château et un monument historique français qui se situe à Versailles, dans les Yvelines, en France. Il fut la résidence des rois de France Louis XIV, Louis XV et Louis XVI. Le roi et la cour y résidèrent de façon permanente du au, à l'exception des années de la Régence de 1715 à 1723.Situés au sud-ouest de Paris, ce château et son domaine visaient à glorifier la monarchie française.Le château est constitué d'une succession d'éléments ayant une harmonie architecturale. Il s'étale sur, répartis en pièces, dont, actuellement, pièces de musée.Le parc du château de Versailles s'étend sur, contre environ avant la Révolution française, dont de jardins. Il comprend de nombreux éléments, dont le Petit et le Grand Trianon, le hameau de la Reine, le Grand et le Petit Canal, une ménagerie (aujourd’hui détruite), une orangerie et la pièce d'eau des Suisses.

Hall Of Mirrors At The Palace Of Versailles
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, 12110

01 30 83 78 00

Hall of Mirrors
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Chateau de Versailles
Versailles, 78000

01 30 83 78 00

The Hall of Mirrors is the central gallery of the Palace of Versailles in Versailles, France.As the principal and most remarkable feature of King Louis XIV of France's third building campaign of the Palace of Versailles, construction of the Hall of Mirrors began in 1678. To provide for the Hall of Mirrors as well as the salon de la guerre and the salon de la paix, which connect the grand appartement du roi with the grand appartement de la reine, architect Jules Hardouin Mansart appropriated three rooms from each apartment as well as the terrace that separated the two apartments.The principal feature of this hall is the seventeen mirror-clad arches that reflect the seventeen arcaded windows that overlook the gardens. Each arch contains twenty-one mirrors with a total complement of 357 used in the decoration of the galerie des glaces. The arches themselves are fixed between marble pilasters whose capitals depict the symbols of France. These gilded bronze capitals include the fleur-de-lys and the Gallic cockerel or rooster. Many of the other attributes of the Hall of Mirrors were lost to war for financial purposes, such as the silver table pieces and guéridons, which were melted by order of Louis XIV in 1689 to finance the War of the League of Augsburg.ConstructionIn the 17th century, mirrors were among the most expensive items to possess at the time; the Venetian Republic held the monopoly on the manufacture of mirrors. In order to maintain the integrity of his philosophy of mercantilism, which required that all items used in the decoration of Versailles be made in France, Jean-Baptiste Colbert enticed several workers from Venice to make mirrors at the Manufacture royale de glaces de miroirs. According to legend, in order to keep its monopoly, the government of the Venetian Republic sent agents to France to poison the workers whom Colbert had brought to France.

Parc de Versailles
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
78000 Versailles, France
Versailles, 78000

Le parc de Versailles, également appelé parc du château de Versailles, est un parc qui s'étend sur sur le territoire de la commune de Versailles, dans les Yvelines en France. Le parc représente en superficie environ un dixième de l'ancien domaine royal, réserve de chasse des rois, appelé le « Grand Parc », dont l'emprise a été sensiblement réduite à la Révolution, et qui est gérée par l'établissement public du château et du domaine de Versailles.Dans ce parc entièrement clos, se trouvent plusieurs monuments, tels : le château de Versailles, le Petit Trianon et le Grand Trianon, le Hameau de la Reine, ainsi que les jardins à la française du château de Versailles créés par André Le Nôtre. Le parc regroupe également les jardins des Trianons, dont le jardin de style anglo-chinois de Marie-Antoinette, le potager du roi et deux grandes pièces d'eau : le Grand Canal et la pièce d'eau des Suisses.Le reste du parc est occupé par des parcelles forestières ou agricoles, parcourues par de grandes allées rectilignes. C'est dans ce parc que prend naissance le ru de Gally qui draine le Grand Canal et s'écoule vers l'Ouest. Le parc est limité à l'Est par les parties urbanisées de Versailles et du Chesnay, au Nord par l'arboretum de Chèvreloup situé dans la commune de Rocquencourt et à l'Ouest par la plaine de Versailles qui est un site classé. Au Sud, adossées au bois de Satory, qui appartient à la forêt domaniale de Versailles, se trouvent diverses implantations, dont le centre de recherche de l'INRA, qui occupe les terrains de l'ancienne ferme de la Ménagerie, la résidence de la Lanterne et le camp militaire des Matelots.

Сады и парк Версаля
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
78000 Versailles, France
Versailles, 78000

Сады и парк Версаля находятся на части территории прежних Королевских владений в Версале и являются частью Дворцово-паркового ансамбля Версаля. Расположенные к западу от дворца, сады занимают 900 гектаров площади, большая часть которой благоустроена в классическом стиле регулярного французского парка, который здесь был доведен до совершенства знаменитым ландшафтным архитектором Андре Ленотром. По состоянию на 2010 год на территории дворцово-паркового ансамбля произрастало 350000 деревьев. В период расцвета эпохи правления Людовика XIV, дворцовые парки охватывали площадь 8300 гектаров, по всему периметру они были окружены оградой, в которой было устроено 22 роскошных проезда. В наше время сады окружены поясом лесистой местности, которая на востоке граничит с жилыми кварталами города Версаль, на северо-востоке с муниципалитетом Ле-Шене, на севере примыкает национальный Дендрарий Шеврёлу, на западе — Версальская равнина (охраняемый заказник), а на юге — леса Сатори.Сады имеют статус юридического лица публичного права и работают под эгидой Министерства культуры Франции; при этом сады являются частью Национального достояния Версаль и Трианон и одним из самых посещаемых туристических объектов Франции, принимая в год свыше 6 миллионов посетителей.

Bassin de Neptune
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
30 Rue Réservoirs
Versailles, 78000

01 30 21 76 45

Grand Trianon
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Grand Parc de Versailles
Versailles, 78000

The Grand Trianon is a château (palace) situated in the northwestern part of the Domain of Versailles. It was built at the request of King Louis XIV of France (r. 1643–1715), as a retreat for himself and his maîtresse en titre of the time, the Marquise de Montespan (1640–1707), and as a place where he and invited guests could take light meals.HistoryTrianon de porcelaineIn 1668, Louis XIV purchased Trianon, a hamlet on the outskirts of Versailles, and commissioned the architect Louis Le Vau to design a porcelain pavilion (Trianon de porcelaine) to be built there.The façade was made of white and blue Delft-style "porcelain" (ceramic) tiles from the French manufactures of Rouen, Lisieux, Nevers and Saint-Cloud. Construction began in 1670 and was finished in 1672.

Petit Trianon
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Coordonnées GPS du château de Versailles : 48°48’17N 2°07’15E
Versailles, 78000

Petit Trianon, built between 1762 and 1768 during the reign of Louis XV, is a small château located on the grounds of the Palace of Versailles in Versailles, France. The park of the Grand Trianon includes the Petit Trianon.Design and constructionIt was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel by the order of Louis XV for his long-term mistress, Madame de Pompadour, and was constructed between 1762 and 1768. Madame de Pompadour died four years before its completion, and the Petit Trianon was subsequently occupied by her successor, Madame du Barry. Upon his accession to the throne in 1774, the 20-year-old Louis XVI gave the château and its surrounding park to his 19-year-old Queen Marie Antoinette for her exclusive use and enjoyment.The château of the Petit Trianon is a celebrated example of the transition from the Rococo style of the earlier part of the 18th century, to the more sober and refined, Neoclassical style of the 1760s and onward. Essentially an exercise on a cube, the Petit Trianon attracts interest by virtue of its four facades, each thoughtfully designed according to that part of the estate it would face. The Corinthian order predominates, with two detached and two semi-detached pillars on the side of the formal French garden, and pilasters facing both the courtyard and the area once occupied by Louis XV's greenhouses. Overlooking the former botanical garden of the king, the remaining facade was left bare. The subtle use of steps compensates for the differences in level of the château's inclined location.

Hameau de la Reine
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Parc du château de Versailles
Versailles, 78000

0785004651

The Hameau de la Reine is a rustic retreat in the park of the Château de Versailles built for Marie Antoinette in 1783 near the Petit Trianon in the Yvelines, France. It served as a private meeting place for the Queen and her closest friends, a place of leisure. Designed by the Queen's favoured architect, Richard Mique and with the help of the painter Hubert Robert, it contained a meadowland with lakes and streams, a classical Temple of Love on an island with fragrant shrubs and flowers, an octagonal belvedere, with a neighbouring grotto and cascade. There are also various buildings in a rustic or vernacular style, inspired by Norman or Flemish design, situated around an irregular pond fed by a stream that turned the mill wheel. The building scheme included a farmhouse,, a dairy, a dovecote, a boudoir, a barn that was burned down during the French Revolution, a mill and a tower in the form of a lighthouse. Each building is decorated with a garden, an orchard or a flower garden. The largest and most famous of these houses is the "Queen's House" that is connected to the Billiard house by a wooden gallery, at the center of the village. A working farm was close to the idyllic, fantasy-like setting of the Queen’s Hamlet.The hameau is the best-known of a series of rustic garden constructions built at the time, notably the Prince of Condé's Hameau de Chantilly which was the inspiration for the Versailles hameau. Such model farms operating under principles espoused by the Physiocrats, were fashionable among the French aristocracy at the time. One primary purpose of the hameau was to add to the ambiance of the Petit Trianon, giving the illusion that it was deep in the countryside rather than within the confines of Versailles. The rooms at the hameau allowed for more intimacy than the grand salons at Versailles or at the Petit Trianon.

Local Business Near Domaine De Marie-Antoinette

Jardins Du Château De Versailles
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, France 78000

(33) 01 30 83 78 00

La Girandole Du Parc Du Château De Versailles
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Jardins du Château de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

01 39 07 01 87

Grand Canal Chateau De Versailles
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Parc de Château de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

La Flotille, Parc du Château de Versailles
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Parc du Chateau de versailles
Versailles, France 78000

01.39.51.41.58

Course Des Princesses
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Château de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

Grand Trianon
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Grand Parc de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

The Grand Trianon is a château (palace) situated in the northwestern part of the Domain of Versailles. It was built at the request of King Louis XIV of France (r. 1643–1715), as a retreat for himself and his maîtresse en titre of the time, the Marquise de Montespan (1640–1707), and as a place where he and invited guests could take light meals.HistoryTrianon de porcelaineIn 1668, Louis XIV purchased Trianon, a hamlet on the outskirts of Versailles, and commissioned the architect Louis Le Vau to design a porcelain pavilion (Trianon de porcelaine) to be built there.The façade was made of white and blue Delft-style "porcelain" (ceramic) tiles from the French manufactures of Rouen, Lisieux, Nevers and Saint-Cloud. Construction began in 1670 and was finished in 1672.

Petit Trianon
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Coordonnées GPS du château de Versailles : 48°48’17N 2°07’15E
Versailles, France 78000

Petit Trianon, built between 1762 and 1768 during the reign of Louis XV, is a small château located on the grounds of the Palace of Versailles in Versailles, France. The park of the Grand Trianon includes the Petit Trianon.Design and constructionIt was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel by the order of Louis XV for his long-term mistress, Madame de Pompadour, and was constructed between 1762 and 1768. Madame de Pompadour died four years before its completion, and the Petit Trianon was subsequently occupied by her successor, Madame du Barry. Upon his accession to the throne in 1774, the 20-year-old Louis XVI gave the château and its surrounding park to his 19-year-old Queen Marie Antoinette for her exclusive use and enjoyment.The château of the Petit Trianon is a celebrated example of the transition from the Rococo style of the earlier part of the 18th century, to the more sober and refined, Neoclassical style of the 1760s and onward. Essentially an exercise on a cube, the Petit Trianon attracts interest by virtue of its four facades, each thoughtfully designed according to that part of the estate it would face. The Corinthian order predominates, with two detached and two semi-detached pillars on the side of the formal French garden, and pilasters facing both the courtyard and the area once occupied by Louis XV's greenhouses. Overlooking the former botanical garden of the king, the remaining facade was left bare. The subtle use of steps compensates for the differences in level of the château's inclined location.

Hameau de la Reine
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Parc du château de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

0785004651

The Hameau de la Reine is a rustic retreat in the park of the Château de Versailles built for Marie Antoinette in 1783 near the Petit Trianon in the Yvelines, France. It served as a private meeting place for the Queen and her closest friends, a place of leisure. Designed by the Queen's favoured architect, Richard Mique and with the help of the painter Hubert Robert, it contained a meadowland with lakes and streams, a classical Temple of Love on an island with fragrant shrubs and flowers, an octagonal belvedere, with a neighbouring grotto and cascade. There are also various buildings in a rustic or vernacular style, inspired by Norman or Flemish design, situated around an irregular pond fed by a stream that turned the mill wheel. The building scheme included a farmhouse,, a dairy, a dovecote, a boudoir, a barn that was burned down during the French Revolution, a mill and a tower in the form of a lighthouse. Each building is decorated with a garden, an orchard or a flower garden. The largest and most famous of these houses is the "Queen's House" that is connected to the Billiard house by a wooden gallery, at the center of the village. A working farm was close to the idyllic, fantasy-like setting of the Queen’s Hamlet.The hameau is the best-known of a series of rustic garden constructions built at the time, notably the Prince of Condé's Hameau de Chantilly which was the inspiration for the Versailles hameau. Such model farms operating under principles espoused by the Physiocrats, were fashionable among the French aristocracy at the time. One primary purpose of the hameau was to add to the ambiance of the Petit Trianon, giving the illusion that it was deep in the countryside rather than within the confines of Versailles. The rooms at the hameau allowed for more intimacy than the grand salons at Versailles or at the Petit Trianon.

Cercle Hippique du Chesnay
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
62 BOULEVARD SAINT ANTOINE
Le Chesnay, France

0139550505

Piscine Résidentiel Longchamps
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Résidence Longchamp
Le Chesnay, France 78150