Welcome to The Gym Group Facebook page.
Social Customer Service: 9:15am - 5:15pm, Monday - Friday. No Social Customer Service available on weekends.
This is a place for friendly discussion about all things The Gym Group.
We’d like to keep this page cordial and on topic, so here are a few dos and don’ts while you’re here.
Language and tone
• Keep it relevant. This isn’t the time or place for random banter or plugging your business, so keep discussions to The Gym or fitness only.
• Be friendly. Humans disagree with each other – that’s fine. But verbal abuse, aggression or bullying individuals, The Gym Group or other companies will not be tolerated. Please don’t post things that could cause offense or distress to others as you will be banned by our admin staff.
• Don’t implement your views on others. Any content with overt religious or political bias designed to incite others or any other aggressive lobbying that disrupts The Gym Group Facebook community will be removed.
• Constructive criticism keeps us on our toes and helps us improve the customer experience for you. Just remember to keep it constructive so you don’t break any of the rules above.
• We’ll try to help you with any queries you have, but for your privacy and security, we ask that you only provide account details by private message. We’ll remove any content on our timeline that could compromise your online security.
• Your privacy is of paramount importance to us. That said it may be necessary for us to contact you through private messages from time to time. To protect the privacy of individuals, any postings including information that may identify individuals offline will be removed
Restrictions and exclusion
We do not allow and will remove the following:
• Duplicate postings (spam) by the same user or groups
• Any comments that publicise, encourage or endorse illegal activity
• Impersonating brands or other users or featuring licensed or copyright material
• Content containing unverified or false claims about products
• Links to non-TheGymGroup.com sites, as we cannot guarantee the content of those sites.
Finally, The Gym Group retains the right to remove content posted to Facebook or block users from posting to this page for any other reason deemed necessary to create a helpful community.
Please respect all of Facebook’s terms and conditions which you can view here http://on.fb.me/hix5Xa
Thanks for reading, we hope you enjoy being a part of The Gym Group on Facebook.
Lifestyle Fitness ManchesterDistance: 1.0 miTourist Information Deansgate unit 1, The Great Northern, 253 Deansgate Manchester, United Kingdom M3 4EN 07880388015
LIFESTYLE FITNESS – MANCHESTER – DEANSGATE – GREAT NOTHERN BUILIDING
OPENING APRIL 2013
MEMBERSHIP PRICES ARE:
- £19.99 PER MONTH DIRECT DEBIT AGREEMENT FOR 12 MONTHS – £20 JOINING FEE
- MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP £24.99 WITH A £25 JOINING FEE (NON CONTRACTURAL)
- PAY UPFRONT FOR 12 MONTHS – ONE OFF PAYMENT £215.88 – NO JOINING FEE AND RECEIVE 3 MONTHS FREE!!!! (15 MONTHS FOR 12)
• UNLIMITED ACCESS TO THE GYM & FITNESS CLASSES
• ½ HOUR PERSONAL TRAINING SESSION
• FREE VIBRATION PLATES
• USE OF SAUNA IN THE CHANGING AREA
FULLY AIR-CONDITIONED CHANGING ROOMS, GYM AND STUDIO
EXTENSIVE RANGE OF CV EQUIPMENT (250 STATIONS – TECHNOGYM)
EXTENSIVE RANGE OF STRENGTH & RESISTANCE EQUIPMENT
FREE WEIGHTS SECTION (UP TO 60KG) INCLUDING OLYMPIC BARS, SMITH MACHINES AND KETTLEBELLS
FUNCTIONAL TRAINING AREA WITH TRX
CLASSES INCLUDE: SPINNING IN OUR DESIGNATED SPIN STUDIO, LES MILLS PUMP, COMBAT, ATTACK, GRITT, CXWORKS, CORE TRAINING, KETTLEBELL CIRCUITS, CIRCUIT TRAINING, LEGS BUMS AND TUMS, PILATES & YOGA CLASSES AND MUCH MORE
OPEN: MON – THURS 6AM – 10PM FRI – 6AM – 9PM SAT & SUN 8AM – 8PM
JOIN ONLINE NOW AT: www.lifestylefitness.co.uk
Skyline Central is a unique, luxury apartment building in Manchester city centre, boasting breathtaking views of the city from our incredible rooftop swimming pool. Pure Balance, Skyline Central's incredible private health club on the 18th floor, provides health and fitness services for residents and guests, making Skyline Central one of the most desirable places to live in Manchester.
Thistle Manchester - The PortlandDistance: 0.7 miTourist Information 3-5 Portland Street, Piccadilly Gardens Manchester, United Kingdom M1 6DP 01612463400
The guest experience is everything. A relaxing, comfortable ambience in which guests can work or rest at their own pace. Wireless internet access in every area of the hotels. Personal service delivered in a warm, efficient and straightforward manner. The perfect locations for both business and leisure.
Thistle is constantly reviewing its standards to offer guests exactly what they need, at a fair price, with the peace of mind that they don’t have to compromise on quality or service.
Nuffield Health Manchester Printworks Fitness & Wellbeing GymDistance: 0.4 miTourist Information 27 Withy Grove Manchester, United Kingdom M4 2BS 01618319922
As the nation’s largest not-for-profit health organisation, we’ve been looking after people’s wellbeing for over 50 years and now we’re looking after yours.
With 75 gyms already across the UK, the most important thing to us is getting you fit and healthy. As well as great fitness facilities and a dedicated staff of health experts, Nuffield Health helps you get fit, then keeps you that way.
Our beautiful studio was set up by Fay and Bea.
Airborne Studios is home to
Poletastic, Bea Fit, Lily la Fox, Bea Noir, The Upside Down Ladies, Lady Wildflower, Manchester Dance Academy, Gassed, Millions and a number of other dance crews!
Great value classes suited for all abilities!
~ Pole Dance Lessons
~ Fitness Classes
~ Burlesque Courses
~ Belly Dance
~ Street Dance
~ Personal Training
~ Hen Parties Dance Classes
Sugden Sports Centre was jointly funded by a trust set up by Manchester Metropolitan University and the University of Manchester Institute for Science and Technology in 1997. There were at that time existing facilities on the designated site belonging to UMIST and the idea was to build additional facilities to satisfy the students and staff of both universities.
During 2001 The University of Manchester joined the partnership and with completion the extension of July 2004 the centre offers fantastic indoor sports facilities to serve the students, staff and communities of Manchester. Located at the heart of the University, just off Oxford Road and close to many of the University’s main academic buildings, the Sugden Sports Centre provides the ideal venue for exercising between lectures, during your lunch break or after work.
The Lumiere Building, just on the edge of Manchester city centre, is an award winning residential development that offers contemporary luxury normally associated with 5 star hotels.
Up on the 9th floor find Pure Balance, our exclusive residents health club, where there's a Sauna to soothe your aches and pains after working out in your very own gym, and outside on our large roof terrace there's even a large bubbly hot tub to relax in.
Pure Balance also offers personal training, massage and free gym inductions to all residents, finishing off the 5 star living for our residents.
Up on the 18th floor of Skyline Central and the 9th floor of Lumiere, you will find Pure Balance’s Exclusive Spa & Health Clubs, both at the top 2 of Manchester city centre's most luxurious apartment buildings.
Our unique and impressive rooftop locations provide incredible and simply breathtaking views across Manchester, and combined with our Spa, Health and Fitness services, we offer the perfect escapes from the stresses and strains of city life.
- Personal training
- Swimming lessons
- Spa treatments
- Spa days
- 20 metre Swimming pool (Skyline)
- Sauna and Steam room
- Spa therapy room
- Winter garden
- Outdoor Hot tub (Lumiere)
Appointments at both locations are available to everyone, however, membership is exclusive to the residents of our buildings.
Want to know more? Let’s talk! www.purebalanceuk.com
- Designed by the award winning Manchester creative studio NoChintz
- 10,000 square foot with 5 large training areas
- Large changing and shower facilities
- Full time open gym area
- Climbing wall
- Treatment rooms
SDR Fitness CenterDistance: 0.8 miTourist Information SDR Fitness Centre ,Unit 2c McKenzie Ind Estate, Birdhall Lane, Manchester, United Kingdom SK3 0SB 07914 052345
JMJ Fitness and NutritionDistance: 0.9 miTourist Information 3 Hardman Street Manchester, United Kingdom M3 3HF
Personal Training based in Manchester city centre. Get in touch today for you FREE fitness consultation! Email [email protected]
Online Personal Training available to anyone in the UK! Reach your goals and transform your body in your own time with the support of a fully qualified PT! Email [email protected]
Drop a dress size in only 28 days guaranteed with our unique "M.E.A.N Faster Fat Loss and Fitness System". Weight loss boot camp in Manchester City Centre
Deft Motion Never BrokenDistance: 0.6 miTourist Information Unit 1, Crown industrial estate, Poland street Manchester, United Kingdom M4 6BN 07703578679
Training should reflect your reality, what it is you do as a job, hobbies and current physical and physiological status.
As a foundation we believe that everyone should be able to carry out basic human function. Lift, Cary, Run, Walk, Stand, Crouch down all free from pain and discomfort and be free from physiological disease.
CB Conditioning provides elite strength and conditioning, sports science support and personal training manchester to those who want to be the best. In order to be the best, you need to train with the best, whatever your goals are we have the tools and expertise to make sure you reach them.
CB Conditioning is Manchester's premier one to one strength and conditioning service with years of experience across a wide range of sports with a variety of different people.
Training can be done in a private City Centre based studio or at a venue to suit you and the needs of your activity.
We would like to introduce our company Metro Health & Wellbeing Ltd to you as the leading provider of Physiotherapy plus other health related services in the Greater Manchester and Merseyside area.
Metro Health & Wellbeing itself has been established for over 22 years; with a patient database which is now well in excess of over 12,000.
We pride ourselves as being one of the largest private practices in the Northwest with a total of twelve clinics situated in Bolton, Denton, Knowsley, Liverpool, Middleton, Oldham, Prenton, Sale, Salford, Sharston, Stockport and Walkden.
What makes Metro Health & Wellbeing unique?
• Within a 24 hour time frame a patient can:
1. Be referred via email, telephone, fax or post.
2. Be offered a same day appointment.
3. Be provided with a thorough assessment.
4. Have their condition diagnosed.
5. Have the condition clearly explained to them.
6. Be provided with a short treatment.
7. Be given advice on self management.
8. Have a fully typed report sent back to our head office which is checked by our admin team and then sent to the referrer with all details regarding working restrictions, prognosis, self management advice and any other specific questions answered.
• We can offer appointments 6 days a week, ranging from 7am till 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am till 3pm on Saturdays.
• We guarantee that we can provide appointments within 48 hours, almost always within 24 hours and on most occasions on the same day.
• We have our own bespoke software management system which can tailor make high-quality reports for our patients and clients.
• Reports can be sent within 10 minutes of patient leaving the appointment and are always sent within 12 hours.
• All our reports are checked by a non medical person at head office.
• Our patient management system ensures that patients who cancel or fail to attend are never lost in the system.
• The quality of our current client base includes: The Trafford Centre, North West Ambulance Service, Manchester City Council, Salford City Council, NHS Direct, Stockport NHS Trust, Cheethams School of Music, The Royal Northern College of Music and Akcros Chemicals.
• Our administration team is second to none and will always be at hand to assist you with any questions you may have. The quality of our Practice software enables us to answer virtually all enquiries immediately.
• We have the latest state of the art physiotherapy and gym equipment to fully rehabilitate our patients.
• Due to our reputation we are able to select the very best physiotherapists and we are also a teaching clinic for a number of universities.
• We have specialist therapists offering a huge range of treatments including: Acupuncture, Electrotherapy, Exercise programmes, Manipulation, Massage Techniques and Postural Re-education.
• We can also offer fast track to the following services: Injection Therapy, Health Screenings, Scans, Specialist Consultants and X-rays.
• Metro Health & Wellbeing offers numerous other services including: Counselling, Ergonomics, Health Assessments, Massage, Medico Legal, Personal Training, Pilates, Podiatry and Rehabilitation.
• Our clinics cover the whole of Greater Manchester and Merseyside and are easily accessed from the motorway networks. They are all centrally linked to our head office via our bespoke software system and updated in real-time which provide immediate access to any information requested.
Metro Health & Wellbeing clinics are located in:
Bolton: BL2 1EN Denton: M34 3SJ
Knowsley: L33 7ET Liverpool: L15 4LG
Manchester: M5 4PF Middleton: M24 4TH
Oldham: OL9 0LW Prenton: CH43 3DX
Sale: M33 5BZ Sharston: M22 4BB
Stockport: SK4 4DT Walkden: M28 3EE
All the above points enable us to provide a very streamlined service and we are confident that we are the only clinic in the Greater Manchester and Merseyside area to be able to offer such a service.
If you would like more information on all of our services and clinic locations please visit our website by going to www.metrohealthandwellbeing.co.uk
Slimming WORLD Chorlton Thursday 10,12,5&7Distance: 1.9 miTourist Information ST JOHNS PARISH CENTER, HIGH LANE , CHORLTON Chorlton-on-Medlock, United Kingdom M21 9DX 07977493313
Increase muscle strength, tone, size,shape, endurance and overall performance with Bin The Gym combine this with a stronger and healthier heart and lungs and you have the new and improved you! We GUARANTEE dramatic changes in your overall fitness and body image if you follow the Bin The Gym program.
Our programs utilize a unique mix of military fitness, martial arts conditioning, strongman style strength training and high intensity cardio to promote true strength and fitness. Combine this with our dietary and lifestyle advice and you can expect rapid changes to your body that will show in the mirror.
-Outdoor Circuit Training
-Mobile Personal Training
Kenny Miller -Ex British Champion and Founder of Combat Fitness - Senior Instructor with over 30 years of experience in mixed martial arts.
Tony Garwood - Senior Instructor
2 time British champion with over 25 years of experience in the art of Muay Thai
Combat Fitness is an established non for profit organisation and has been based in Salford for over 15 years. We are a Health and wellbeing group affiliated with Salford Sports Network and Salford Foundation for the last 6 years and has been running projects for the past 10 years in Salford. We will be teaching Muay thai ,fitness, self defence ,women’s only classes and healthy eating workshops. We allow many organisations to facilitate different Health & related Sport sessions which can also benefit the community
Martial Arts & Fitness Classes
to suit all levels
Get fitter, faster & stronger in just 6 weeks!
Team Combat offer you an immense level of experience from an ex professional British
Muay Thai Champion with over 25 years of experience and we are also part of UKMF (Unitied Kingdom Muay Thai Federation).
Whatever your combat or fitness goals, together as a team we’ll help you to achieve them!
KEY benefits of Mauy Thai include:
• Increased fitness
• Leg Strength
• Core Strength
• Increased Hip Mobility
• Stress Relief
• Improved confidence
Our aim is for people to have fun while learning self defence within a safe and controlled environment. The object is to develop personal protection rather than aggression. We teach self discipline and respect.
We believe that Martial arts really helps children get in tune with their minds and bodies, it helps them to have a better understand themselves, their actions and their options. They know that they don’t need to lose their temper to handle stressful situations and they’ll also know that they have the ability to physically defend themselves if needed. All of this knowledge will increase their confidence and over all demeanor, making them appear (and be) stronger individuals and less likely to be a victim of bullying. It will also help prevent them from bullying others because they will be more aware of others around them.
Cobra of SiamDistance: 0.7 miTourist Information Top floor, Hakutora Martial Arts Academy, 12 Newton street, Piccadilly Manchester, United Kingdom M1 2AN 07932422878
Muay Thai/Thai Boxing club in the city centre of Manchester. Tradtional techniques mixed with modern styles. Turn your body into a weapon, fighter's training (all combat arts welcome) self-defense, fitness and conditioning.
Traditonal teaching that comes direct from Thailand Master's, and Instructors own training methods boasting over 60 different self-defense and counter attack moves against punches, elbows, knees, and kicks.
National Cycling Centre
The National Cycling Centre is the home of Manchester Velodrome, Britain's first indoor Olympic cycling track and widely regarded as one of the World's finest and fastest board tracks. We are the busiest Velodrome in the world. The Velodrome is the home to Team GB
Manchester VelodromeDistance: 2.0 miTourist Information Stuart Street Manchester, United Kingdom M11 4
Manchester Velodrome is an indoor cycle-racing track in Manchester, England, which opened in 1994. Part of the National Cycling Centre, it was the only indoor Olympic-standard track in the United Kingdom before the completion of the Lee Valley VeloPark for the 2012 Summer Olympics.The facility is owned by Manchester City Council and has been home to British Cycling since 1994, and the UCI ProTeam Team Sky since it formed in 2009. It is next to the City of Manchester Stadium, and the National Indoor BMX Arena which opened in 2011, and hosted track cycling events in the 2002 Commonwealth Games, the Revolution series and the UCI Track Cycling World Championships in 1996, 2000 and 2008. It also hosted the 20th edition of the UCI World Masters Track Cycling Championships in 2014. The velodrome has been cited as a catalyst for Britain's successes in track cycling since 2002.
Manchester City Football AcademyDistance: 2.0 miTourist Information 400 Ashton New Road Manchester, United Kingdom M11 4TQ
The Manchester Aquatics Centre is a public aquatics sports facility south of the centre of Manchester, England, north of the main buildings of the University of Manchester, and near the Manchester Metropolitan University. It was purpose–built for the 2002 Commonwealth Games, and cost £32 million to build. Before it was built, for many years its site was open waste ground left by demolishing inner-city industrial terrace houses.The building was designed by Faulkner Brown. The building takes the approximate shape of an asymmetric trapezoidal prism, and from the outside the roof resembles a wave. Construction started in August 1996, and was completed in July 2000, with finishing touches made in September 2001. MAC hosts many swimming and water polo events but also hosts Lancashire County Championships and Age group North west Regionals for swimming. It was opened on 12 October 2000 by Queen Elizabeth II.
Etihad Stadium Home of The ChampionsDistance: 1.6 miTourist Information Manchester City FC Etihad Stadium Etihad Campus Manchester M11 3FF United Kingdom Manchester, United Kingdom M11 3FF 07789683909
Monkey MMA Academy Distance: 1.1 miTourist Information Monkey MMA Academy, Spectator Mill, Ground Floor, Spectator Street, Ancoats. Manchester, United Kingdom M4 7JB 07920 444 321
Monday Classes - Doors open at 18:00
18:30 till 19:30 - MMA Boxing
MMA Boxing drills, trapping, pad work, touch sparring (light contact) working hand speed, coordination and stamina.
20:00 till 21:00 - BJJ/Submission Wrestling
Grappling drills, chokes, arm locks, leg locks and ground based sparring. Works balance and an all round fitness for ground based self-defence.
Tuesday Classes - Doors open at 18:00
18:30 till 19:30 - BJJ/Submission Wrestling
Grappling drills, joint manipulation, ground position working with resistance and sport based ground sparring.
20:00 till 21:00 - MMA Kickboxing
A great cardiovascular workout and core training programme. Fitness Kickboxing drills. Working hands, elbows, knees and kicks.
Wednesday Classes - Doors open at 18:00
18:30 till 19:30 - MMA/Vale Tudo Concepts
Grappling & Striking pad drills, clinching techniques and mixed martial arts touch sparring (light contact) a great way to utilise your all round skills.
20:00 till 21:00 - BJJ/Submission Wrestling
Sport based ground sparring, basic takedown techniques and takedown defences (sprawls etc).
Thursday Classes - Doors open at 18:00
18:30 till 19:30 BJJ/Submission: Creative Open Mat
Under full instruction, we welcome students to re-drill their favourite techniques, and to help discover their own unique style of submission fighting.
20:00 till 21:00 MMA/Street Knowledge
A combat system with non classical movements using head butts, shoulder butts, knees, elbows and modified Filipino weaponry.
Saturday Class - Doors open 12:00
12:30 till 14:00 Circuit Training / Vale Tudo
For Intermediate and Advanced Students only.
Fight circuit, MMA drills, grapple and strike sparring.
14:00 till 15:00 Ladies only Kickboxing / Self Defence
Learn to punch and kick effectively – Improve your muscle tone – Fitness -
Flexibility – Technical skill – Build Confidence – Excellent for stress relief.
MMA-Studio Training Prices
Membership, including insurance £25 for the year (note that membership cover must be paid within fourteen days)
£6 per class session
Pay as you go, train to your own convenience at the allocated times on the timetable.
£35 per month
Train at any two classes per week.
£60 per month
Train at any four classes per week.
£80 per month
Open door - Unlimited classes from Monday to Thursday.
Private Tuition £25 1 person & £35 for 2 people
This is a special application of the creative and inner martial artist. We aim to target and train your strengths with a strong foundation, and to improve your weaknesses to compliment and suit your needs.
Purchase 10 PT Lessons in advance for the price of 8.
Official Members of AIFS-
Shiv Patel- https://www.facebook.com/Shivvv96
Lewis Smyth - https://www.facebook.com/lewis.l.smyth
Alex Hannah - https://www.facebook.com/alex.hannah.22
Luke Clarkson - https://www.facebook.com/luke.clarkson.75
George Gilby - https://www.facebook.com/george.gilby
Lizzie Ollier- https://www.facebook.com/lizzie.ollier
All our videos will be posted at- www.youtube.com/shivvv96