EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Île Saint-Louis, Paris | Tourist Information


Ile St. louis
Paris, France Paris


Historical Place Near Île Saint-Louis

Manufacture des Gobelins
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
42 avenue des Gobelins
Paris, 75013

01 44 08 53 49

Paris Grand Palais
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
3 Avenue du Général Eisenhower
Paris, 75008

Musée-Ssa Val de Grâce
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
1, place Alphonse Laveran
Paris, 75005

0140515192

Rue Mouffetard
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Mouffetard
Paris, 75005

Eyfel Kulesi Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Arènes de Lutèce
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
49 Rue Monge 75005 Paris
Paris, 75005

The Arènes de Lutèce are among the most important remains from the Gallo-Roman era in Paris (known in antiquity as Lutetia, or Lutèce in French), together with the Thermes de Cluny. Lying in what is now the Quartier Latin, this amphitheater could once seat 15,000 people, and was used to present gladiatorial combats.Constructed in the 1st century AD, this amphitheater is considered the longest of its kind constructed by the Romans. The sunken arena of the amphitheater was surrounded by the wall of a podium 2.5 m (8.2 feet) high, surmounted by a parapet. The presence of a 41.2-m- (135-foot-) long stage allowed scenes to alternate between theatrical productions and combat. A series of nine niches aided in improving the acoustics. Five cubbyholes were situated beneath the lower terraces, of which there appear to have been animal cages that opened directly into the arena. Historians believe that the terraces, which surrounded more than half of the arena's circumference, could accommodate as many as 17,000 spectators.Slaves, the poor, and women were relegated to the higher tiers — while the lower seating areas were reserved for Roman male citizens. For comfort, a linen awning sheltered spectators from the hot sun. Circus acts showcased wild animals. From its vantage point, the amphitheater also afforded a spectacular view of the Bièvre and Seine rivers.When Lutèce was sacked during the barbarian invasions of 280 A.D., some of the structure's stone work was carted off to reinforce the city's defences around the Île de la Cité. Subsequently, the amphitheater became a cemetery, and then it was filled in completely following the construction of wall of Philippe Auguste (ca. 1210).

Opéra
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Opéra
Paris,

Rue Saint-Jacques, Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, 75005

0601020304

The Rue Saint-Jacques is a street in the Latin Quarter of Paris which lies along the cardo of Roman Lutetia. The Boulevard Saint-Michel, driven through this old quarter of Paris by Baron Haussmann, relegated the roughly parallel rue Saint-Jacques to a backstreet, but it was a main axial road of medieval Paris, as the buildings that still front it attest. It was the starting point for pilgrims leaving Paris to make their way along the chemin de St-Jacques that led eventually to Santiago de Compostela. The Paris base of the Dominican Order was established in 1218 under the leadership of Pierre Seila in the Chapelle Saint-Jacques, close to the Porte Saint-Jacques, on this street; this is why the Dominicans were called Jacobins in Paris. Johann Heynlin and Guillaume Fichet established the first printing press in France, briefly at the Sorbonne and then on this street, in the 1470s. The second printers in Paris were Peter Kayser and Johann Stohl at the sign of the Soleil d'Or in the Rue Saint-Jacques, from 1473. The proximity of the Sorbonne led many later booksellers and printers to set up shop here also.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, 75006

The Luxembourg Palace is located at 15 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It was originally built (1615–1645) to the designs of the French architect Salomon de Brosse to be the royal residence of the regent Marie de Médicis, mother of Louis XIII of France. After the Revolution it was refashioned (1799–1805) by Jean Chalgrin into a legislative building and subsequently greatly enlarged and remodeled (1835–1856) by Alphonse de Gisors. Since 1958 it has been the seat of the French Senate of the Fifth Republic.Immediately west of the palace on the rue de Vaugirard is the Petit Luxembourg, now the residence of the Senate President; and slightly further west, the Musée du Luxembourg, in the former orangery. On the south side of the palace, the formal Luxembourg Garden presents a 25-hectare green parterre of gravel and lawn populated with statues and large basins of water where children sail model boats.Early historyAfter the death of Henry IV in 1610, his widow, Marie de Médicis, became regent to her son, Louis XIII. Having acceded to a much more powerful position, she decided to erect a new palace for herself, adjacent to an old hôtel particulier owned by François de Luxembourg, Duc de Piney, which is now called the Petit Luxembourg and is the residence of the president of the French Senate.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, 75006

+33 (0)1 43 54 54 54

Le palais du Luxembourg, situé dans le de Paris dans le nord du jardin du Luxembourg, est le siège du Sénat français, qui fut installé en 1799 dans le palais construit au début du, à la suite de la régence de la reine Marie de Medicis. Il appartient au domaine de cette assemblée qui comprend également, à proximité du palais, l'hôtel du Petit Luxembourg, résidence du président du Sénat, le musée du Luxembourg, et l'ensemble du jardin.HistoireLe palais du Luxembourg doit son nom à l'hôtel bâti au milieu du et qui appartenait à François de Piney, duc de Luxembourg.La régente Marie de Médicis, veuve de Henri IV, achète l'hôtel et le domaine dits « de Luxembourg » en 1612 et commande en 1615 la construction d'un palais à l'architecte Salomon de Brosse. Après avoir fait raser maisons et une partie du Petit Luxembourg, elle pose elle-même la première pierre le 2 avril 1615. Le marché de construction est retiré à Salomon de Brosse en 1624 et rétrocédé au maître maçon Marin de la Vallée le 26 juin 1624. Elle s'y installe en 1625 au premier étage de l'aile ouest, avant la fin des travaux. La partie ouest du palais Médicis était réservée à la reine mère et celle de gauche à son fils, le roi Louis XIII.

Arc De Triomphe
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, 75008

01 55 37 73 77

Collège des Bernardins
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
20 rue de Poissy
Paris, 75005

01 53 10 74 44

Le collège des Bernardins, ou collège Saint-Bernard, situé rue de Poissy dans le 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, est un ancien collège cistercien de l'historique Université de Paris. Fondé par Étienne de Lexington, abbé de Clairvaux, et construit à partir de 1248 avec les encouragements du pape Innocent IV, il servit jusqu'à la révolution française de résidence pour les moines cisterciens étudiants à l'Université de Paris.Après une rénovation complète achevée en septembre 2008, c'est aujourd’hui un lieu de rencontres, de dialogues, de formation et de culture proposant une programmation riche de conférences et colloques, d’expositions, de concerts, d’activités pour le jeune public ainsi qu’un centre de formation théologique et biblique. Depuis 2009, il abrite l'Académie catholique de France.Il fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Histoire du CollègeLe Collège des Bernardins, commencé à l’époque du règne de Saint Louis, est situé rue de Poissy, une petite rue qui donne dans le boulevard Saint-Germain en direction de l’Île Saint-Louis. Chef-d’œuvre de l’architecture médiévale, c'est par la volonté de Monseigneur Lustiger alors archevêque de Paris qu'il a retrouvé sa place éminente de haut-lieu de la spiritualité, célèbre et reconnu dans toute l’Europe médiévale, d’où l’on venait étudier les textes savants des religieux de renom.

Cordeliers Convent
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'Ecole-de-Médecine
Paris, 75006

01 40 51 10 00

The Cordeliers Convent was a convent in Paris, France.It gave its name to the Club of the Cordeliers, which held its first meetings there during the French Revolution.Cordeliers was the name given in France to the Franciscan Observantists.The building now houses the Dupuytren Museum of anatomy in connection with the school of medicine.Burials at the conventMarie of Brabant, Queen of FranceArthur II, Duke of BrittanyBlanche of France, Infanta of Castile

Réfectoire des Cordeliers
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'école de médecine
Paris, 75006

Le Tastevin
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
46 Rue Saint-Louis en l'Île
Paris, 75004

0143541731

À FLEUR DE SEINE - En plein cœur de l'île Saint-Louis, à quelques encablures de Notre-Dame, retrouvez l'ambiance d'antan dans un cadre historique préservé (poutres anciennes, objets en cuivre, etc). Le Tastevin assume son classicisme et tout le monde s'en réjouit. BISTROT DE CHARME - Le Tastevin propose avant tout une cuisine traditionnelle, parfois régionale et toujours de saison. On ne cuisine que du frais au 46 rue Saint-Louis en Île ! Parmi les classiques, la pièce de bœuf flambée au thym (viande de Salers) avec sa moelle et ses petites pommes de terre sautées. BELLE CARTE DES VINS - La direction fait très attention à la qualité de sa cave. Vous pourrez trouver quelques jolies bouteilles issues de propriétaires minutieusement sélectionnés

Aux Anysetiers Du Roy - Au Petit Bacchus
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
61 Rue Saint Louis En Ile
Paris, 75004

0156248458

Notre restaurant vous accueille dans un cadre historique datant du XVIIe siècle. Agrémenté d'un décor d'époque, vous y dégusterez une cuisine française traditionnelle, préparée par notre chef, et bénéficierez d'un accueil personnalisé, en plein coeur de de Paris et de l'Ile Saint-Louis, joyau esthétique de notre capitale.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, 75006

The Fontaine Saint-Michel is a monumental fountain located in Place Saint-Michel in the 5th arrondissement in Paris. It was constructed in 1858–1860 during the French Second Empire by the architect Gabriel Davioud.HistoryThe fontaine Saint-Michel was part of the great project for the reconstruction of Paris overseen by Baron Haussmann during the French Second Empire. In 1855 Haussmann completed an enormous new boulevard, originally called boulevard de Sébastopol-rive-gauche, now called Boulevard Saint-Michel, which opened up the small place Pont-Saint-Michel into a much larger space. Haussmann asked the architect of the service of promenades and plantations of the prefecture, Gabriel Davioud, to design a fountain which would be appropriate in scale to the new square. As the architect of the prefecture, he was able to design not only the fountain but also the facades of the new buildings around it, giving coherence to the square, but he also had to deal with the demands of the prefet and city administration, which was paying for the project.Davioud's original project was for a fountain dedicated to peace, located in the center of the square. The prefect authorities rejected this idea and asked him instead to build a fountain to hide the end wall of the building at the corner of boulevard Saint-Michel and Saint-André des Arts. This forced Davioud to adapt his plan to the proportions of that building.

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, 75004

+33 1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

Opéra De Paris
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
10 Place de l'Opéra, Paris,Francia
Paris, 75009

Place de la Bastille
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Bastille
Paris, 75011

0670000487

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, 75006

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, 75001

01 53 73 58 51

Monmarte Sacre Coeur
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre
Paris, 75018

01 53 41 89 00

Palais de Justice de Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
4, boulevard du Palais
Paris, 37100

0644783382

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

Cour de Cassation
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
5 Quai de l'Horloge
Paris, 75001

01 44 32 95 95

Toureiffel
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Parc du Champs de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Torcy, 75007

+33 892 70 12 39

Public places Near Île Saint-Louis

Boulevard Arago
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Arago
Paris, France Paris

Place du Panthéon
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
la place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

Place du Panthéon, au centre, le panthéon où repose les grands hommes de la Nation. En face, dans l'axe de la rue Soufflot, le jardin du Luxembourg. Autour du Panthéon : - la Mairie du Ve, - l'Hôtel des Grands Hommes, - le lycée henri IV, - l'Eglise Sainte Etienne du Mont, - la Bibliothèque Sainte Geneviève, - la faculté de Droit.

Pont de Sully
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Sully
Paris, France

Habbo
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
10 rue des sports
Paris, France 75000

Métro Paris - Bastille
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Henri IV
Paris, France Paris

Pont des Amoureux - Pont de l'Archevêché
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Archevêché
Paris, France Paris

París
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Bastille
Paris, France 75011

Colonne de Juillet
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Bastille
Paris, France

Rue Dauphine
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Dauphine
Paris, France 75006 Paris

Place de l'Hôtel-de-Ville
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Hôtel-de-Ville
Paris, France 75004

Rue des Ecouffes - le Marais
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
rue des Ecouffes
Paris, France 75004

0667164092

Les Commerçants les plus sympathiques du 4éme arr. de Paris La bonne humeur , et l'esprit ouvert est au rendez vous tous les jours ...

Entre ici et la bas
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
entre ici et la bas
Paris, France 75000

Ile-De-France, France
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
[email protected]
Paris, France 75020

0559782807

Leoj's Hidden Sanctuary
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Blue Sky Street,
Paris, France

Chicha Le Vend'Home
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
64 rue Jean Jaures
Paris, France 75019

0140181159

Page non officielle de tour eiffel
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
20 jj rousseaux
Paris, France 75000

0644830173

Manege Sky surf
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
[email protected]
Paris, France 33450

5167

Paris 13 éme
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
PARIS 13
Paris, France 75013

Métro Paris - Tuileries
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France Paris

Unofficial: Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, France 1234