EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

La Madeleine, Paris, Paris | Tourist Information


Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008


L'église de la Madeleine is a Roman Catholic church occupying a commanding position in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. The Madeleine Church was designed in its present form as a temple to the glory of Napoleon's army. To its south lies the Place de la Concorde, to the east is the Place Vendôme, and to the west Saint-Augustin, Paris. The closest métro station is Madeleine. 15px 15px 15px 15pxHistoryThe site of this edifice, centred at the end of rue Royale, a line-of-sight between Gabriel's twin hôtels in the Place de la Concorde, required a suitably monumental end from the time that square was established in 1755, as Place Louis XV. The settlement around the site was called Ville l'Évêque, for it had belonged to the Bishop of Paris since the time of Philip II of France, when Bishop Maurice de Sully seized the synagogue that stood on the site from the Jews of Paris in 1182, and consecrated it a church dedicated to Mary Magdalene. The site in the suburban faubourg had been annexed to the city of Paris in 1722.

City Near La Madeleine, Paris

Place Saint-Sulpice
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Sulpice
Paris, 75006

La place Saint-Sulpice est une place du arrondissement de Paris.HistoireLors de la construction de la façade actuelle de l'église Saint-Sulpice au, l'architecte Giovanni Niccolo Servandoni prévoit la création d'une place monumentale en demi-cercle, de de large sur de long. Ce projet n'est pas réalisé mais un espace prolongeant le parvis est débuté en 1757. En 1767, un emprunt est souscrit par la ville après autorisation du roi pour entreprendre les expropriations et les travaux d'aménagement.Au, plusieurs plans sont proposés pour achever la place. Un plan adopté par le ministre de l'Intérieur le 26 thermidor An VIII (14 août 1800), confirmé par un arrêté des consuls du 16 vendémiaire an IX (8 octobre 1800) prévoit une place semi-circulaire qui doit être réalisé dans un délai de six ans. Un arrêté du 25 juin 1806 annule ce plan et prévoit cette fois une place rectangulaire dont le plan est approuvé par le ministre de l'intérieur le 19 octobre 1806. Un nouveau plan, prévoyant une place rectangulaire aux dimensions plus importantes, est adopté le 19 juillet 1808. Une décision ministérielle du 20 décembre 1810 prévoit que la place Saint-Sulpice soit portée jusqu'à la rue du Pot-de-Fer (actuelle rue Bonaparte). Un décret du 24 février 1811 ordonne l'achèvement de cette place dans le courant de la même année. Les dispositions arrêtées en 1810 ont été confirmées par une décision ministérielle du 9 mai 1812. La place est en partie aménagée à l'emplacement de l'ancien séminaire Saint-Sulpice, construit au.En 1838, la place est nivelée et plantée d'arbres. De 1843 à 1848, la fontaine Saint-Sulpice est érigée au centre de la place par l'architecte Louis Visconti.

Catherine Labouré
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
basilique médaille miraculeuse
Paris,

Saint Catherine Labouré, D.C.. (May 2, 1806 - December 31, 1876) (born Zoé Labouré) was a member of the Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul and a Marian visionary who relayed the request from the Blessed Virgin Mary to create the Miraculous Medal worn by millions of Christians, both Roman Catholic and Protestant.LifeShe was born in the Burgundy region of France to Pierre Labouré, a farmer, and Louise Madeleine Gontard, the ninth of 11 living children. Catherine's mother died on October 9, 1815, when Catherine was just nine years old. It is said that after her mother's funeral, Catherine picked up a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary and kissed it saying, "Now you will be my mother." Her father's sister offered to care for his two youngest children, Catherine and Tonine. After he agreed, the sisters moved to their aunt's house at Saint-Rémy, a village nine kilometers from their home.She was extremely devout, of a somewhat romantic nature, given to visions and intuitive insights. As a young woman, she became a member of the nursing order founded by Saint Vincent de Paul. She chose the Daughters of Charity after a dream about St. Vincent De Paul.VisionsVincent de PaulIn April 1830, the remains of St. Vincent de Paul were translated to the Vincentian church in Paris. The solemnities included a novena. On three successive evenings, upon returning from the church to the Rue du Bac, Catherine reportedly experienced in the convent chapel, a vision of what she took to be the heart of St. Vincent above a shrine containing a relic of bone from his right arm. Each time the heart appeared a different color, white, red, and crimson. She interpreted this to mean that the Vincentian communities would prosper, and that there would be a change of government. The convent chaplain advised her to forget the matter.

YIRIWA - Concours Photo Gabon
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
31 avenue de Ségur
Paris, 75007

YIRIWA - Afrique le Meilleur, est une association à but non lucratif, régie par la loi 1901. Cette jeune association a pour rôle de préserver la paix et l'environnement dans le monde en général, avec une prédilection pour l'Afrique. Consciente que l'empreinte écologique de l‘homme sur la nature, qui a pour conséquence directe d'impacter le climat et l'environnement. YIRIWA - Afrique le Meilleur , a rejoint le collectif des associations écologiques, décidé à agir pour mettre un frein aux émissions abusives des gaz à effet de serre (GES), responsable du réchauffement climatique. L'association favorise la communication, l'échange, le débat, la diffusion de l'information et sensibilise aux enjeux de la préservation de notre écosystème pour un développement viable, équitable et durable.

YIRIWA - Concours Photo Gabon
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
31 avenue de Ségur
Paris, 75007

YIRIWA - Afrique le Meilleur, est une association à but non lucratif, régie par la loi 1901. Cette jeune association a pour rôle de préserver la paix et l'environnement dans le monde en général, avec une prédilection pour l'Afrique. Consciente que l'empreinte écologique de l‘homme sur la nature, qui a pour conséquence directe d'impacter le climat et l'environnement. YIRIWA - Afrique le Meilleur , a rejoint le collectif des associations écologiques, décidé à agir pour mettre un frein aux émissions abusives des gaz à effet de serre (GES), responsable du réchauffement climatique. L'association favorise la communication, l'échange, le débat, la diffusion de l'information et sensibilise aux enjeux de la préservation de notre écosystème pour un développement viable, équitable et durable.

Patrick Roger, MOF Chocolatier
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard St Germain 108, Paris, France
Paris, 75006

Boulevard De Sant Germain De Près
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue Jacob
Paris,

Saint-Michel (Paris Métro)
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Saint-Michel
Paris, 75005

Saint-Michel is a station on Line 4 of the Paris Métro in the 5th arrondissement. Located in the Quartier Latin, it offers a connection to the St-Michel - Notre-Dame RER station on RER lines B and C. The platform lengths are 110 metres, longer than the 90–105 metre length of most line 4 station platforms.The station was opened on 9 January 1910 as part of the connecting section of the line under the Seine between Châtelet and Raspail. It is named after the Boulevard Saint-MichelNearby attractions Île de la Cité Île Saint-Louis Notre Dame Cathedral

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint Michel
Paris, 75006

The Place Saint-Michel is a public square in the Latin Quarter, on the borderline between the fifth and sixth arrondissements of Paris, France. It lies on the left bank of the river Seine facing the Île de la Cité, to which it is linked by the Pont Saint-Michel.DescriptionThe northern end of the Place Saint-Michel, the end closer to the river, is on the left-bank side of the Pont Saint-Michel, which crosses sixty-two metres of water to reach the island, Île de la Cité. At this point, the Place Saint-Michel is formed by the convergence of four streets: two quais along the Seine, the Quai Saint-Michel and the Quai des Grands-Augustins, and the Boulevard Saint-Michel and the Rue Danton, which arrive at angles.As one proceeds southward along the Rue Danton, addresses on either side of the street are 'Place Saint-Michel' addresses. This continues until one approaches the Rue Saint-André des Arts, which enters from the right, when the addresses become 'Place Saint-André des Arts' addresses. Only south of this place, is the name, Rue Danton, applied. So, one may suppose that the southern end of the Place Saint-Michel is on the street that becomes Rue Danton, about sixty metres north of the intersection with the Rue Saint-André des Arts.The Place Saint-Michel was enlarged, as part of Baron Haussmann's restructuring of Paris, to form a suitable bridgehead for the new, wider Pont Saint-Michel.

Paul Rue De Buci
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
77 Rue de Seine
Paris, 75006

Ambassade d'Italie en France
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
51, rue de Varenne
Paris, 75007

L'ambassade d'Italie en France est la représentation diplomatique de la République italienne auprès de la République française. Elle est située dans l'hôtel de Boisgelin au 51 rue de Varenne à Paris. Son ambassadeur est, depuis le, Giandomenico Magliano.ConsulatsL’Italie possède des consulats généraux à Lille, Lyon, Metz, Nice, Paris, Toulouse et Marseille.Voir aussiArticles connexes Ministère des Affaires étrangères italien Ambassade de France en Italie Relations entre la France et l'ItalieLien externe ambparigi.esteri.it, site de l'ambassade d'Italie en France

Marrakech
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Marrakech, Morocco
Paris,

Human Hair Gabon
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, 95000

Human Hair Gabon
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, 95000

St Pierre Des Fleurs
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Conseillère Culinaire Tupperware
Paris,

Blogs Utili
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
louvre
Paris, 75001

0800088539

Parigi Consiglia vi guiderà alla scoperta di Parigi dando i consigli più utili per preparare al meglio il vostro viaggio (aerei hotel itinerari monumenti)

Louvre Palace
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, 75058

The Louvre Palace is a former royal palace located on the Right Bank of the Seine in Paris, between the Tuileries Gardens and the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois. Originally a fortress built in the medieval period, it became a royal palace in the fourteenth century under Charles V and was used from time to time by the kings of France as their main Paris residence. Its present structure has evolved in stages since the 16th century. In 1793 part of the Louvre became a public museum, now the celebrated Musée du Louvre, which has expanded to occupy most of the building.

Tuileries Palace
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Right Bank
Paris, 75001

The Tuileries Palace was a royal and imperial palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine. It was the usual Parisian residence of most French monarchs, from Henry IV to Napoleon III, until it was burned by the Paris Commune in 1871.Built in 1564, it was gradually extended until it closed off the western end of the Louvre courtyard and displayed an immense façade of 266 metres. Since the destruction of the Tuileries, the Louvre courtyard has remained open and the site is now the location of the eastern end of the Tuileries Garden, forming an elevated terrace between the Place du Carrousel and the gardens proper.HistoryAfter the accidental death of Henry II of France in 1559, his widow Catherine de' Medici (1519–1589) planned a new palace. She sold the medieval Hôtel des Tournelles, where her husband had died, and began building the palace of Tuileries in 1564, using architect Philibert de l'Orme. The name derives from the tile kilns or tuileries which had previously occupied the site. The palace was formed by a range of long, narrow buildings. During the reign of Henry IV (1589–1610), the building was enlarged to the south, so it joined the long riverside gallery, the Grande Galerie, which ran all the way to the older Louvre Palace in the east.

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

Fontaines de la Concorde
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Concorde
Paris, 75008

La Fuentes de la Concordia son dos fuentes monumentales situadas en la Plaza de la Concordia en el centro de París en Francia. Fueron diseñadas por Jacques Ignace Hittorff, y completadas en 1840 durante el reinado del rey Louis-Philippe. La fuente sur conmemora el comercio marítimo y la industria de Francia, y la fuente al norte conmemora la navegación y el comercio en los ríos de Francia.Antes de la Revolución Francesa, durante el período 1753-1772, cuando la plaza se llamaba plaza de Luis XV, el arquitecto Jacques-Ange Gabriel diseñó un plan para una monumental estatua de Luis XV con dos fuentes, pero debido a la falta de agua, nunca se llevó a cabo. Gabriel hizo terminar el edificio de la Secretaría de Marina con vistas a la plaza - su presencia más tarde influyó en la elección de los temas para las Fontaines de la Concorde.Véase tambiénFuente (arquitectura)Monumento

Salles Saint Roch
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
35 rue Saint-Roch
Paris, 75001

01 42 60 59 86

cannes cote D'azur
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
l'aller des anglais
Cannes,

Hermès
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
24 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré
Paris, 75008

Hermès International S.A., Hermes of Paris, or simply Hermès is a French high fashion luxury goods manufacturer established in 1837, today specializing in leather, lifestyle accessories, home furnishings, perfumery, jewellery, watches and ready-to-wear. Its logo, since the 1950s, is of a Duc carriage with horse. Nadège Vanhee-Cybulski is the creative director.HistoryDesignersThe designers throughout the company's history have included Lola Prusac, Jacques Delahaye, Catherine de Karolyi, Monsieur Levaillant, Nicole de Vesian, Eric Bergère, Claude Brouet, Tan Giudicelli, Marc Audibet, Mariot Chane, Martin Margiela, Jean Paul Gaultier, Christophe Lemaire, Véronique Nichanian (current menswear designer), Nadège Vanhee-Cybulski.Beginnings in the 19th centuryThierry Hermès (1801–1878) was born in Krefeld (Germany) to a French father and a German mother. The family moved to France in 1828. In 1837, Thierry Hermès first established Hermès as a harness workshop in the Grands Boulevards quarter of Paris, dedicated to serving European noblemen. He created high-quality wrought harnesses and bridles for the carriage trade, winning several awards including the first prize in its class in 1855 and again in 1867 at the Expositions Universelles in Paris.Hermès's son, Charles-Émile Hermès (1835–1919), took over management from his father and moved the shop in 1880 to 24 rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré where it remains to this day. With the help of his sons Adolphe and Émile-Maurice, Charles-Émile introduced saddlery and started selling his products retail. The company catered to the élite of Europe, North Africa, Russia, Asia, and the Americas. In 1900, the firm offered the Haut à Courroies bag, specially designed for riders to carry their saddles with them.

Paris Place De La Madeleine
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place De La Madeleine
Paris,

Air France
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Aérogare des Invalides
Paris, 75007

675991341

Le Café Lumière
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
1, rue Scribe, 75009 Paris, France
Paris, 75009

Paris, France
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, Paris

Tradedoubler France
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
6 boulevard Montmartre
Paris, 75009

Fondée en Suède en 1999 et cotée en bourse depuis 2005 (OMX Nordic Exchange, Stockholm), Tradedoubler est une entreprise internationale leader en performance marketing. Ses solutions reposent sur un trafic hautement qualifié, sa technologie et ses expertises en marketing digital. C’est la seule entreprise qui puisse offrir séparément ou conjointement un réseau et une solution technologique. En 2014 Tradedoubler a généré 2.7 millions de chiffre d’affaires pour plus de 2000 clients à travers son réseau de 180,000 éditeurs online et mobile. Tradedoubler opère des programmes de performance marketing dans plus de 69 pays et emploie 375 personnes à temps plein.

Local Business Near La Madeleine, Paris

Pont Royal
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Pont Royal
Paris, France 75007

The Pont Royal is a bridge crossing the river Seine in Paris. It is the third oldest bridge in Paris, after the Pont Neuf and the Pont Marie.LocationThe Pont Royal links the Right Bank by the Pavillon de Flore with the Left Bank of Paris between rue du Bac and the rue de Beaune. The bridge is constructed with five elliptical arches en plein cintre. A hydrographic ladder, indicating floods' highest level in Paris, is visible on the last pier nearest each bank.HistoryIn 1632, the entrepreneur Pierre Pidou directed the construction of a wooden toll-bridge which would be called Pont Sainte-Anne (in deference to Anne of Austria) or Pont Rouge (due to its color). It was designed to replace the Tuileries ferry upon which the rue du Bac (bac meaning ferry in French) owes its name. The ferry had been offering crossings since 1550. Fragile, this bridge of fifteen arches would be repaired for the first time in 1649, completely redone two years later, burnt in 1654, flooded in 1656, completely rebuilt in 1660, propped up in 1673 and finally carried away by a flood in February 1684. Madame de Sévigné reported that this last incident caused the loss of eight of the bridge's arches.

Gare d'Orsay
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
7, quai Anatole-France, 75007 Paris
Paris, France 75007

Gare d'Orsay is a former Paris railway station and hotel, built in 1900 to designs by Victor Laloux, Lucien Magne and Émile Bénard; it served as a terminus for the Chemin de Fer de Paris à Orléans (Paris-Orléans Railway). It was the first electrified urban rail terminal in the world, opened 28 May 1900, in time for the 1900 Exposition Universelle. After closure as a station, it reopened in December 1986 as the Musée d'Orsay, an art museum. The museum is currently served by the RER station of the same name.HistoryThe site was occupied by the Palais d'Orsay, intended for the Council of State. It was begun in 1810 but not completed until 1840, when its ground floor was occupied by the Council. In 1842 the Cour des Comptes was housed in the first floor. After the fall of the French Second Empire in 1870, the Paris Commune briefly took power from March through May 1871. The archives, library and works of art were removed to Palace of Versailles and eventually both the Conseil and the Cour des Comptes were rehoused in the Palais-Royal.

Le Nu Masculin Musée D'orsay
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue de la Légion d'Honneur
Paris, France 75007

Museé D'orsay
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
1 rue de la Légion d'Honneur
Paris, France 75007

01 40 49 48 14

Assemblée Nationale
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
7,Rue Andre Antoine
Paris, France 75007

06 16 54 19 99

Assemblée Nationale is a station on Line 12 of the Paris Métro in the 7th arrondissement, named after the nearby French National Assembly.The station opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. It was called Chambre des Députés ("Chamber of Deputies", the former name of the French National Assembly) until 1989.

Musée de la Légion d'honneur
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
2, rue de la Légion d'honneur
Paris, France 75007

The Musée national de la Légion d'Honneur et des Ordres de Chevalerie is a museum of national orders of merit located in the 7th arrondissement in the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur beside the Musée d'Orsay at 2, rue de la Légion-d'Honneur, Paris, France. It is open daily except Monday; admission is free. The nearest métro and RER stations are Musée d'Orsay, Solférino, and Assemblée Nationale.The museum is housed within the Hôtel de Salm, built in 1782 by architect Pierre Rousseau for Frederick III, Prince of Salm-Kyrburg, burned in 1871 during the Paris Commune, and subsequently restored by subscription of medallists. Since 1804 this building has been the Palais de la Légion d'Honneur, and the seat of France's highest honors: the Légion d'honneur, the Médaille militaire, and the Ordre national du Mérite .Today's museum was created in 1925. It displays a history of France's honors, medals, decorations, and knightly orders from Louis XI to the present, including Napoleonic souvenirs and more than 300 portraits. A special section is dedicated to foreign orders. Its library and archives contain more than 3,000 works.

Brasserie Le Bourbon
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
1 place du palais bourbon Paris 7
Paris, France 75007

0145515827

Brasserie Le Bourbon, Place De Bourbon
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
place du palais bourbon
Paris, France 75007

Grande Chancellerie de l'Ordre National de la Légion d'Honneur
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
1 rue de Solférino
Paris, France

Hôtel de Beauharnais
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
78 Rue de Lille
Paris, France 75007

Invalides
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Hotel des Invalides
Paris, France 75007

Invalides is a Metro & RER station on lines 8 and 13 of the Paris Métro and on RER line C in the 7th arrondissement, located near and named after les Invalides.The metro station was opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of Line 8 between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) and Opéra. The line 13 platforms were opened on 20 December 1923 as part of the original section of line 10 between Invalides and Croix Rouge (a station east of Sèvres – Babylone, which was closed during World War II). On 27 July 1937 the section of line 10 between Invalides and Duroc was transferred to become the first section of old line 14, which was connected under the Seine and incorporated into line 13 on 9 November 1976.The Palais Bourbon, seat of the French National Assembly (the lower house of the French Parliament), is nearby.

Invalides
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, France 75007

Invalides est une station des lignes 8 et 13 du métro de Paris. Elle est située dans le 7e arrondissement de Paris de Paris.

Palais Bourbon (Assemblée Nationale)
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
9 Place du Général Beuret Paris 15e
Paris, France 75007

01 45 51 58 27

Palais Beauharnais - Résidence Ambassade D'allemagne
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
78 rue de Lille
Paris, France 75008

Ministre des Finances
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
80 rue de Lille
Paris, France

Cafe La Dauphine
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
237 bd saint germain
Paris, France 75007

Port Solferino, quai d'Orsay
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Port de Solferino
Paris, France 75007

Tranoi Fashion Show, Carrousel du Louvre
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
99 rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Institut Néerlandais
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
121 rue de Lille
Paris, France 75007

The Institut Néerlandais is a non-profit institution in Paris devoted to the promotion of Dutch art and culture. One of the oldest foreign cultural centers in Paris, it was founded in 1957 by Frits Lugt. The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the sole financier of the center announced its closure in 2013.

La Peniche Le Quai
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
23 quai Anatole France
Paris, France