EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Obélisque, Paris | Tourist Information


Place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75008


Monument Near Obélisque

Rue du Bac
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue du Bac
Paris, 75006

Hôtel de Bourbon-Condé
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
12 rue Monsieur
Paris,

The Hôtel de Bourbon-Condé, 12 rue Monsieur, was built for Louise Adélaïde de Bourbon. The architect was Alexandre-Théodore Brongniart.HistoryIn 1780 the twenty-three-year-old unmarried daughter of the Prince of Condé, Louise Adélaïde, also known as Mademoiselle de Condé, requested permission to leave the convent of Panthémont, where she had been educated, to live in the world. To suit her station in life a generous site was purchased in the rue Monsieur on the Left Bank, where Brogniart erected a splendid house. Previously, while working for the marquis de Montesquiou in 1778, Brongniart had received permission to open the rue Monsieur, where he also built stables for the Count of Provence, and a hôtel for the Archives de l'ordre Saint-Lazare. The house was situated behind an enclosed court, entered through a central carriage passage, and faced a garden into which the central oval salon projected.By 1782 the menuisier (chair-maker) Georges Jacob had delivered seat furnishings to the amount of 13,958 livres and Jean-François Leleu, a prominent ébéniste (cabinetmaker), had rendered a bill for veneered case-pieces, but no detailed contemporary description of the interiors survives: Horace Walpole mentioned this "Hôtel de Condé" in passing as an exemplar of the latest French neoclassical taste, after he had his first view of the Prince of Wales's Carlton House, London, in September 1785.

Chapelle Notre-Dame De La Médaille Miraculeuse
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
140 Rue du Bac 75007 Paris
Paris, 75007

06616926967

Église Saint François Xavier
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
12 Place du Président Mithouard
Paris, 75007

Paris Eiffel Tower, France
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
3364
Paris, 75006

+33 8 92 70 12 39

Napolean's Tomb
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Musée Rodin
Paris, 75007

Tombeau de Napoléon
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Hôtel National des Invalides
Paris, 75007

Chapel of Saint-Louis-des-Invalides
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
6 Boulevard des Invalides
Paris, 75007

Hôtel de Galliffet
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Grenelle 73
Paris, 75007

L’Hôtel de Galliffet est un hôtel particulier situé à Paris dans le 7e arrondissement, aux 73 rue de Grenelle et 50 rue de Varenne. Il est actuellement le siège de l'Institut culturel italien de Paris et de la délégation italienne auprès de l'OCDE.HistoireL'hôtel a été construit entre 1776 et 1792 par Étienne-François Le Grand et le sculpteur Jean-Baptiste Boiston pour le marquis Simon-Alexandre de Galliffet, président au Parlement de Provence, à l'emplacement de l'hôtel du président Talon, qui datait de 1680.Saisi comme bien d'émigré en 1792, il est affecté en 1794 au ministère des Relations extérieures dont Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord sera l'hôte le plus illustre.En 1821, les héritiers du marquis de Galliffet parvinrent à rentrer en possession de l'hôtel qui est divisé en appartements et en partie loué, notamment à l'infant d'Espagne don Francisco de Paule en 1838 et au nonce du Pape en 1850.

Tour Eiffel
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Tour Eiffel
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Bienvenue sur la page officielle de la tour Eiffel! Welcome to the Eiffel Tower official page!

Los Invalidos
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
129 Rue de Grenelle
Paris, 75007

Les Invalides
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
129 Rue Grenelle
Paris, 75007

+33 (0) 810 11 33 99

Les Invalides, commonly known as Hôtel national des Invalides, or also as Hôtel des Invalides, is a complex of buildings in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, France, containing museums and monuments, all relating to the military history of France, as well as a hospital and a retirement home for war veterans, the building's original purpose. The buildings house the Musée de l'Armée, the military museum of the Army of France, the Musée des Plans-Reliefs, and the Musée d'Histoire Contemporaine, as well as the Dôme des Invalides, a large church with the burial site for some of France's war heroes, most notably Napoleon Bonaparte.HistoryLouis XIV initiated the project by an order dated 24 November 1670, as a home and hospital for aged and unwell soldiers: the name is a shortened form of hôpital des invalides. The architect of Les Invalides was Libéral Bruant. The selected site was in the then suburban plain of Grenelle (plaine de Grenelle). By the time the enlarged project was completed in 1676, the river front measured 196m and the complex had fifteen courtyards, the largest being the cour d'honneur ("court of honour") for military parades. It was then felt that the veterans required a chapel. Jules Hardouin-Mansart assisted the aged Bruant, and the chapel was finished in 1679 to Bruant's designs after the elder architect's death. This chapel was known as Église Saint-Louis des Invalides, and daily attendance of the veterans in the church services was required.

Beaches Of Normandy/American Cemetary
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Omaha Beach, Normandie, France
Vierville-sur-Mer, 14710

02 31 51 62 00

Hôtel de Clermont
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
69, Rue De Varenne
Paris, 75007

L’hôtel de Clermont est un hôtel particulier situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, 69 rue de Varenne. Il s'étale sur et abrite des sièges du gouvernement.HistoireDepuis 1948, l’hôtel particulier appartient à l’État. Il accueille d'abord la Haute Cour de Justice, le Commissariat à l'énergie atomique puis plusieurs ministères. Il est aujourd’hui occupé par le gouvernement français (relations avec le Parlement). Selon certaines rumeurs, celui-ci a voulu le vendre début 2012. Le 6 février 2014, le ministre Alain Vidalies inaugure un mur à l'effigie de tous les ministres qui ont occupé ce portefeuille depuis 1943.Il possède notamment un escalier en fer forgé, des plafonds peints et une salle à manger donnant sur un jardin d'un demi-hectare.

A paris, sous la tour Eiffel.
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Rue de l´Université
Paris, 75007

Hôtel de Béhague
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
123 rue Saint Dominique
Paris, 75007

L’hôtel de Béhague, ou de Béarn, est un hôtel particulier situé à Paris en France. Il abrite aujourd'hui l'Ambassade de Roumanie.LocalisationIl est situé au rue Saint-Dominique, dans le 7e arrondissement de Paris de Paris.HistoireConstruit en 1866 pour le comte Octave de Béhague par Gabriel-Hippolyte Destailleur et agrandi en 1895-1904 par Walter-André Destailleur pour Martine-Marie-Pol de Béhague, comtesse de Béarn. Acheté en 1939 par Carol II, il abrite depuis cette date l'ambassade de Roumanie.Ce bâtiment fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Voir aussiArticles connexes Liste des monuments historiques du 7e arrondissement de Paris Liste des hôtels particuliers parisiens Relations entre la France et la Roumanie

Hôtel de Monaco à Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
57, rue saint dominique
Paris, 75007

Maison de la chimie
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
28, rue Saint Dominique
Paris, 75007

01 40 62 27 00

The Maison de la Chimie is an international conference center in Paris, France, located near the National Assembly.The house is managed by a nonprofit association. Its primary objective is to assist and help scientists and engineers working in the field of chemistry, through the organization of meetings, colloquia and conferences.The house provides office space to various associations involved in scientific and technological fields.Halls and rooms are also rented for meetings whose topics lie outside the field of chemistry; these other usages actually represent 75% to 80% of the activity. Because of its central location in Paris, near the National Assembly and several ministries, the house is particularly sought for meetings with elected officials.

Louvre Palace
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, 75058

(0)1 40 20 53 17

Le palais du Louvre est un ancien palais royal situé à Paris sur la rive droite de la Seine, entre le jardin des Tuileries et l'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois. S'étendant sur une surface bâtie de plus de, le palais du Louvre est le plus grand palais européen, et le second plus grand bâtiment du continent après le palais du Parlement roumain. Il abrite aujourd'hui le musée du Louvre.La construction du Louvre est indissociable de l'histoire de Paris. Elle s'étend sur plus de, bien que le plan général du palais ait été imaginé dès la Renaissance. Charles V y établit sa résidence, donnant au palais un statut qu'il a conservé jusqu'au règne de Louis XIV.Avec 8,9 millions de visiteurs annuels en 2011, c'est le site culturel le plus visité en France devant la tour Eiffel, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris étant en tête des monuments à l'accès libre avec de visiteurs estimés.Origine du nomLa première forteresse du Louvre, sous Philippe Auguste, a été bâtie sur un lieu-dit nommé en bas-latin Lupara, terme désignant une louverie, lieu abritant les équipages employés à chasser le loup (en latin lupus signifie « loup »). Étymologie pouvant se rapprocher d'ailleurs de celle du village de Louvres dans le Val-d'Oise.

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, 75001

The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris, located in the Place du Carrousel. It was built between 1806 and 1808 to commemorate Napoleon's military victories of the previous year. The more famous Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, across from the Champs Élysées, was designed in the same year; it is about twice the size and was not completed until 1836. It is also an example of Corinthian style architecture.

Jardin De Tulerie
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, 75001

Domaine national du Palais Royal
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, 75001

01 47 03 92 16

Fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, 75001

Les fontaines du Jardin des Tuileries font partie intégrale du Jardin des Tuileries, situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, entre la Seine avec la quai des Tuileries au sud, la rue de Rivoli au nord, la place de la Concorde à l'ouest et le Palais du Louvre à l'est.HistoriqueLieu privilégié de promenades des Parisiens depuis sa création, le Jardin des Tuileries est agrémenté de plusieurs bassins avec des fontaines.L'histoire du jardin des Tuileries commence en 1564 quand la reine Catherine de Médicis demande à Philibert de l'Orme de construire un palais, qui deviendra le Palais des Tuileries, à l'emplacement d'une ancienne tuilerie. L'aménagement d'un jardin à l'italienne à l'ouest de celui-ci, constitué de six allées dans le sens de la longueur et huit dans le sens de la largeur, dont chacune d'entre elles délimitait des compartiments rectangulaires comprenant des plantations différentes (massifs d'arbres, quinconces, pelouses, parterres de fleurs, etc.). Une fontaine, une ménagerie et une grotte décorée par le célèbre céramiste Bernard de Palissy décoraient le jardin. Dans les années 1605-1625 furent rajoutées une orangerie et une magnanerie.En 1664, Jean-Baptiste Colbert et Louis XIV ordonnèrent que le jardin soit entièrement redessiné par André Le Nôtre, qui s'était déjà illustré à Vaux-le-Vicomte. Le petit-fils de Pierre Le Nôtre, architecte de Catherine de Médicis et paysagiste donna à celui-ci l'aspect qu'il allait conserver, dans ses grandes lignes, jusqu'à nos jours : il perça dans l'axe du palais une allée centrale délimitée, à l'est par un bassin rond, à l'ouest par un bassin octogonal ; il construisit la terrasse du Bord de l'eau le long du Quai des Tuileries et la terrasse des Feuillants le long de la future rue de Rivoli; enfin, il bâtit deux terrasses le long de la future place de la Concorde ainsi que deux rampes en courbe permettant d'y accéder.

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, 75001

01 47 03 92 16

El Palacio Real es un conjunto monumental, que integra un palacio, jardines, galerías y un teatro situados al norte del Museo del Louvre, en París. Originalmente se llamó Palais-Cardinal pues fue erigido por orden del Cardenal Richelieu.HistoriaA pesar de su nombre, nunca fue residencia de los reyes. Su construcción fue un encargo del Cardenal Richelieu al arquitecto Jacques Lemercier. Las obras de construcción se iniciaron en 1624 sobre la ubicación del que había sido el Hôtel de Rambouillet, y finalizaron en 1639. Al edificio se le conocía entonces como Palais-Cardinal (el palacio del cardenal). Richelieu contó con el pintor Philippe de Champaigne para labores decorativas, y terminó legando el palacio a la corona francesa.Tras la muerte de Luis XIII, se convirtió en el hogar de la reina madre, Ana de Habsburgo, del cardenal Mazarino y del joven Luis XIV. Fue en esta época cuando se empezó a conocer el edificio con el nombre de «Palacio real». Más tarde, el Palais-Royal se convirtió en la residencia parisina de los duques de Orleans y sede de su fabulosa colección de cuadros, que sería vendida a finales del siglo XVIII. Entre las obras maestras que incluía, se cuentan cinco de las poesías (mitologías) pintadas por Tiziano para Felipe II de España, La resurrección de Lázaro de Sebastiano del Piombo y tres famosos originales de Correggio.

Statue Komitas
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Cour de la reine
Paris, 75008

Arc de Triumph
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, 75008

01 55 37 73 77

Grand Palais - RMN (Officiel)
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
avenue du Général Eisenhower
Paris, 75008

01 40 13 48 00

Retrouvez nous sur Facebook, mais aussi ici : www.rmngp.fr ; www.grandpalais.fr, ici twitter : @GrandPalaisRmn et maintenant là : instagram.com/grandpalais_rmn