Saint-Michel (Paris Métro)Distance: 1.4 miTourist Information Boulevard Saint-Michel Paris, 75005
Saint-Michel is a station on Line 4 of the Paris Métro in the 5th arrondissement. Located in the Quartier Latin, it offers a connection to the St-Michel - Notre-Dame RER station on RER lines B and C. The platform lengths are 110 metres, longer than the 90–105 metre length of most line 4 station platforms.The station was opened on 9 January 1910 as part of the connecting section of the line under the Seine between Châtelet and Raspail. It is named after the Boulevard Saint-MichelNearby attractions Île de la Cité Île Saint-Louis Notre Dame Cathedral
The Petit Pont is a bridge crossing the River Seine in Paris, built in 1853, although a structure has crossed the river at this point since antiquity. The present bridge is a single stone arch linking the 4th arrondissement and the Île de la Cité, with the 5th arrondissement, between quai de Montebello and quai Saint-Michel. The Petit Pont is notable for having been destroyed, at least thirteen times since its original inception during Gallo-Roman times to the mid-19th century. It is served by the Metro station Saint-Michel.HistoryA bridge linking the Île de la Cité with the southern bank of the Seine has existed on this spot since early history. In the Roman predecessor to Paris, Lutetia Parisiorum, a bridge was built to utilize the convenient ford of the Seine, today's Île de la Cité. Often a victim of floods, the structure has been repeatedly rebuilt. The first known flood destroying this bridge was in 885 AD. The bridge subsequently was carried away by successive floods at least thirteen times between 885 and 1658, and at least eleven times before it was built in stone. In 1175, following yet another flood, the bishop of Paris Maurice de Sully gave his support for a new reconstruction, this time in stone. Further, after a flood destroyed the structure again in 1393, the construction of another stone bridge on the site was funded by a tax of 9,500 livres on the Jews living in Paris.
The Café de Flore is one of the oldest coffeehouses in Paris. Located at the corner of Boulevard Saint-Germain and Rue Saint-Benoît, in Saint-Germain-des-Prés in the 6th arrondissement, it is celebrated for its famous clientele.HistoryThe café was opened in the 1880s, during the French Third Republic. The name is taken from a sculpture of Flora, the goddess of flowers and the season of spring in Roman mythology, located on the opposite side of the boulevard. Authors Joris-Karl Huysmans and Remy de Gourmont were two of the first well-known regulars. In the late 19th century, Charles Maurras wrote his book Au signe de Flore on the café's first floor, where in 1899 the Revue d'Action Française was also founded.Café de Flore became a popular hub of famous writers and philosophers. Georges Bataille, Robert Desnos, Léon-Paul Fargue, Raymond Queneau were all regulars, and so was Pablo Picasso. Chinese Premier Zhou Enlai was known to be a frequent patron of Café de Flore during his years in France in the 1920s. The classic Art Deco interior of all red seating, mahogany and mirrors has changed little since World War II.
The Maison de Verre was built from 1928 to 1932 in Paris, France. Constructed in the early modern style of architecture, the house's design emphasized three primary traits: honesty of materials, variable transparency of forms, and juxtaposition of "industrial" materials and fixtures with a more traditional style of home décor. The primary materials used were steel, glass, and glass block. Some of the notable "industrial" elements included rubberized floor tiles, bare steel beams, perforated metal sheet, heavy industrial light fixtures, and mechanical fixtures.The design was a collaboration among Pierre Chareau, Bernard Bijvoet and Louis Dalbet . Much of the intricate moving scenery of the house was designed on site as the project developed. The external form is defined by translucent glass block walls, with select areas of clear glazing for transparency. Internally, spatial division is variable by the use of sliding, folding or rotating screens in glass, sheet or perforated metal, or in combination. Other mechanical components included an overhead trolley from the kitchen to dining room, a retracting stair from the private sitting room to Mme Dalsace's bedroom and complex bathroom cupboards and fittings.
Boutique Christian Louboutin GrenelleDistance: 1.2 miTourist Information 40 rue de Grenelle Paris, 75007
Direction Régionale de Police Judiciaire de ParisDistance: 1.4 miTourist Information 36, quai des Orfèvres Paris, 75001
The Direction Régionale de Police Judiciaire de Paris, often called the 36, quai des Orfèvres or simply the 36 by the address of its headquarters, is the division of the Police judiciaire in Paris. Its 2,200 officers investigate about 15,000 crimes and offences a year.The Police judiciaire, abbreviated PJ, is the criminal investigation division of the Police nationale.36, quai des Orfèvres is often erroneously believed to be the address of the Direction Centrale de la Police Judiciaire, the national authority of the criminal police, which is actually located at the 11, rue des Saussaies, in the buildings of the Ministry of the Interior.HistoryThe PJ is the direct successor of the Sûreté, which was founded in 1812 by Eugène François Vidocq as the criminal investigative bureau of the Paris police. The Sûreté served later as an inspiration for Scotland Yard, the FBI and other departments of criminal investigation throughout the world.In its modern form, the Parisian PJ was created by a decree by Celestin Hennion, the then préfet de police and father of the elite mobile police units called Brigades du Tigre. Unique for their time, they were created with the support of Georges Clémenceau, who was nicknamed "le tigre" (the Tiger). It explains why the PJ emblem consists of a stylized tiger's head.
L’Hôtel de Galliffet est un hôtel particulier situé à Paris dans le 7e arrondissement, aux 73 rue de Grenelle et 50 rue de Varenne. Il est actuellement le siège de l'Institut culturel italien de Paris et de la délégation italienne auprès de l'OCDE.HistoireL'hôtel a été construit entre 1776 et 1792 par Étienne-François Le Grand et le sculpteur Jean-Baptiste Boiston pour le marquis Simon-Alexandre de Galliffet, président au Parlement de Provence, à l'emplacement de l'hôtel du président Talon, qui datait de 1680.Saisi comme bien d'émigré en 1792, il est affecté en 1794 au ministère des Relations extérieures dont Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord sera l'hôte le plus illustre.En 1821, les héritiers du marquis de Galliffet parvinrent à rentrer en possession de l'hôtel qui est divisé en appartements et en partie loué, notamment à l'infant d'Espagne don Francisco de Paule en 1838 et au nonce du Pape en 1850.
Le 36, quai des Orfèvres est le bâtiment où se trouvent le siège, l'état-major et les services communs de la Direction régionale de la police judiciaire de la Préfecture de police de Paris. Attenant au Palais de justice de la capitale, il est situé au numéro 36 du quai des Orfèvres, sur l'île de la Cité, face à la rive gauche, dans le 1er arrondissement de Paris.HistoriqueLe bâtiment a été construit entre 1875 et 1880, sur les plans des architectes Émile Jacques Gilbert et son gendre Arthur-Stanislas Diet, à l'emplacement de l'ancien hôtel du premier président de la cour d'appel de Paris, qui fut détruit par l'incendie volontaire survenu lors de la Commune le, et qui détruisit également une bonne part du Palais de justice mitoyen. La préfecture de police de Paris a donc dû quitter son ancien emplacement, et fut installée dans de nouveaux locaux, par Jules Ferry, dans une partie des bâtiments du palais de Justice qui venait d'être reconstruit au 36, quai des Orfèvres.
Lapérouse is a restaurant located at 51 Quai des Grands Augustins in 6th arrondissement of Paris, France. Established in 1766, the restaurant was awarded the prestigious 3 Michelin stars between 1933 and 1968, although it was briefly 2 stars from 1949 to 1951.
Rue de Nesle is a street in Saint-Germain-des-Prés in the 6e arrondissement of Paris, France.HistoryThe street was opened in 1607. It was formerly called Rue d'Anjou Dauphine. Its current name comes from the fact that the street is located at the former location of the Hôtel de Nesle.FeaturesIt is home to the Museum of Letters and Manuscripts and it crosses with Rue Dauphine. It is in short distance from the Seine and the Louvre Museum.
Istituto Italiano Di Cultura - ParisDistance: 1.1 miTourist Information 73, rue de Grenelle - 75007 Paris Paris, 75007
La rue Visconti est une rue située dans le quartier Saint-Germain-des-Prés du 6 arrondissement de Paris.HistoireElle a été ouverte en 1540 sous le nom des Marais-Saint-Germain à travers le petit Pré-aux-Clercs et fut pendant le le refuge des protestants, dont Bernard Palissy. Ils y étaient si nombreux qu'elle fut surnommée la petite Genève, expression reprise par Agrippa d'Aubigné. Le refuge était assez sûr pour que les habitants de la rue soient épargnés lors du massacre de la Saint-Barthélemy. Elle a été renommée le 24 août 1864 en l'honneur de Louis Visconti, architecte de l'Empereur Napoléon III et auteur du tombeau de.Les maisons sont en majorité du, beaucoup d'entre elles ont conservé de beaux portails sculptés et de belles cours. Un des immeubles les plus remarquables aujourd'hui est l'hôtel de Ranes construit en 1660, au 21.DescriptionElle relie la rue Bonaparte à la rue de Seine, avec la rue des Beaux-Arts au Nord et la rue Jacob au Sud. C'est la plus longue des rues étroites de Paris.
The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).
Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel Distance: 0.7 miTourist Information 99 Rue de Rivoli Paris, France 75001
The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris, located in the Place du Carrousel. It was built between 1806 and 1808 to commemorate Napoleon's military victories of the previous year. The more famous Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, across from the Champs Élysées, was designed in the same year; it is about twice the size and was not completed until 1836. It is also an example of Corinthian style architecture.
The Quai des Tuileries is a quay on the Right Bank of the River Seine in Paris, France, along the stretch close to where the Palais du Louvre and the Quai François Mitterrand is situated, in the 1st arrondissement.Quai des Tuileries runs between the Pont du Carrousel and the Pont de la Concorde that cross the River Seine to the Left Bank. It is close to the Avenue du General Lemonnier and the Place de la Concorde. Vehicles may travel in one direction only.
Le quai des Tuileries est un quai situé le long de la rive droite de la Seine, à Paris, dans le, qui commence passerelle Léopold-Sédar-Senghor et finit place de la Concorde.Les véhicules y circulent en sens unique depuis la place précitée vers l'est. Une trémie permet aux véhicules d'accéder à un souterrain débouchant sur la voie sur berge de la rive droite de la Seine.HistoireJusqu'en 1730, il existait à cet endroit un chemin étroit entre la Seine et les fossés du jardin des Tuileries. En 1731, le roi ordonne la démolition de la porte de la Conférence et la formation d'un chemin plus large. En 1806, Napoléon fait élever un mur de quai.Une partie du quai des Tuileries, située à l'est de l'avenue du Général-Lemonnier, a été réunie en 2003 à une partie du quai du Louvre pour former le quai François-Mitterrand.Voir aussi Tunnel des Tuileries
The Kooples Distance: 0.8 miTourist Information 38, place du Marché Saint-Honoré Paris, France 75001
Pont des Arts,Jardin du Louvre Distance: 0.7 miTourist Information Passerelle Léopold Sédar Senghor Paris, France 75001
Le Pont De Solférino Distance: 0.7 miTourist Information Passerelle de Solférino Paris, France 75007
The National Assembly is the lower house of the bicameral Parliament of France under the Fifth Republic. The upper house is the Senate ("Sénat"). The National Assembly's members are known as députés.There are 577 députés, each elected by a single-member constituency through a two-round voting system. Thus, 289 seats are required for a majority. The assembly is presided over by a president (currently Claude Bartolone), normally from the largest party represented, assisted by vice-presidents from across the represented political spectrum. The term of the National Assembly is five years; however, the President of the Republic may dissolve the Assembly (thereby calling for new elections) unless he has dissolved it in the preceding twelve months. This measure is becoming rarer since the 2000 referendum reduced the presidential term from seven to five years: a President usually has a majority elected in the Assembly two months after him, and it would be useless for him to dissolve it for those reasons.Following a tradition started by the first National Assembly during the French Revolution, the "left-wing" parties sit to the left as seen from the president's seat, and the "right-wing" parties sit to the right, and the seating arrangement thus directly indicates the political spectrum as represented in the Assembly. The official seat of the National Assembly is the Palais Bourbon on the banks of the river Seine; the Assembly also uses other neighbouring buildings, including the Immeuble Chaban-Delmas on the rue de l'Université. It is guarded by Republican Guards.
Grand Bassin Rond Distance: 0.7 miTourist Information Avenue du Général Lemonnier Paris, France
Institut Geographique National Distance: 0.8 miTourist Information 136 Bis Rue de Grenelle Paris, France 75007
Dans Le Jardin Du Louvre Distance: 0.7 miTourist Information loos en gohelle <3 Paris, France 75001