Kennington is a London Underground station on Kennington Park Road in Kennington on both the Charing Cross and Bank branches of the Northern line. It is within the London Borough of Southwark. Its neighbouring stations to the north are Waterloo on the Charing Cross branch and Elephant & Castle on the Bank branch; the next station to the south is Oval. The station is in Travelcard Zone 2.HistoryThe station was opened on 18 December 1890 as part of London's first deep-level tube, the City & South London Railway (C&SLR) (now the Bank branch of the Northern line). The name 'Kennington' was adopted instead of 'Kennington Park Road' although in fact it was in the civil parish of Newington and thence became part of Southwark rather than in the Kennington part of Lambeth. The layout was originally similar to the current arrangement at Borough, with one platform (the northbound) having level access to the lift, and the other (the southbound) being one floor below it.
Pimlico is a London Underground station in Pimlico, City of Westminster. It is on the Victoria line between Victoria and Vauxhall in Zone 1. The station opened on 14 September 1972 – more than a year after the rest of the line had become fully operational. It is the only station to be served exclusively by the Victoria line making it the least used station on the line.HistoryPimlico was a late addition to the final section of the Victoria line between Victoria and Brixton. It is the only station on the line which does not have an interchange with another Underground and/or National Rail line. Pimlico was the last Underground station to open until the first section of the Piccadilly line's Heathrow extension was opened to Hatton Cross in 1975. In March 2015, the station was chosen to be the test for 'Wayfindr', an app that helps visually impaired navigate their way through the station using iBeacon devices installed at the station.DesignThe main entrance is on the corner of Bessborough Street and Rampayne Street. It is part of an office block that until 2006 was entirely occupied by the Office for National Statistics apart from the station and a newsagents shop. There are two other entrances, in Lupus Street and on the other side of Bessborough Street. These others have ramps as well as stairs, facilitating wheelchair access. However, there are still a few steps to walk down to enter the ticket hall.
London Victoria station, generally known as Victoria, is a central London railway terminus and London Underground complex named after nearby Victoria Street, the latter being named after Queen Victoria. With over 81 million passenger entries and exits between April 2013 and March 2014, London Victoria is the second-busiest terminus in London (and the UK) after London Waterloo. It is one of 19 stations managed by Network Rail. The area around the station is an important interchange for other forms of transport: a local bus station is in the forecourt, and Victoria Coach Station for long-distance road coaches is nearby. Victoria is in Travelcard Zone 1.Victoria is a London terminus for both Southern and Southeastern. Southern provides the majority of commuter/regional services to South London and Sussex as well as parts of East Surrey via the Brighton Main Line. Southeastern provides services in South East London and along the Chatham Main Line to Kent. It is also the terminus for the Gatwick Express service to Gatwick Airport.
Embankment is a London Underground station in the City of Westminster, known by various names during its history. It is served by the Circle, District, Northern and Bakerloo lines. On the Northern and Bakerloo lines, the station is between Waterloo and Charing Cross stations; on the Circle and District lines, it is between Westminster and Temple and is in Travelcard Zone 1. The station has two entrances, one on Victoria Embankment and the other on Villiers Street. The station is adjacent to Victoria Embankment Gardens and is close to Charing Cross station, Embankment Pier, Hungerford Bridge, Cleopatra's Needle, the Royal Air Force Memorial, the Savoy Chapel and Savoy Hotel and the Playhouse and New Players Theatres.
Holborn est une station du métro de Londres. La station est sur la Central line et la Piccadilly line en zone 1.Lieu remarquable à proximité British MuseumVoir aussiArticles connexes Liste des stations du métro de Londres Liste des stations fermées du métro de Londres
Holborn is a London Underground station in Holborn, central London. It is served by the Central and Piccadilly lines. On the Central line the station is between Tottenham Court Road and Chancery Lane stations; on the Piccadilly line it is between Covent Garden and Russell Square. The station is located at the junction of High Holborn and Kingsway and is in Travelcard Zone 1. Close by are the British Museum, Lincoln's Inn Fields, Red Lion Square, Bloomsbury Square and Sir John Soane's Museum.Located at the junction of two earlier tube railway schemes, the station was opened in 1906 by the Great Northern, Piccadilly and Brompton Railway (GNP&BR). The station entrances and below ground circulation were largely reconstructed for the introduction of escalators and the opening of Central line platforms in 1933, making the station the only interchange between the lines. Before 1994, Holborn was the northern terminus of the short and little-frequented Piccadilly line branch to Aldwych and two platforms originally used for this service are disused. One of the disused platforms has been used for location filming when a London Underground station platform is needed.
Local Business Near Westminster Underground Station - Jubilee Line
We specialize in Engraving Glass, Brass, Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Acrylic and many more materials. We supply and engrave Trophies, Awards, Cups, Gifts, Medals and Signs. Established in 1962 by Michael Hapeshis in Vauxhall London, he became a trusted and highly respected shoe repairer, establishing a service based on high quality workmanship using always top quality materials. Today with 2nd & 3rd generation family members (Christopher & Andreas Hapeshis) continuing the business we have established an international reputation, we have customers in Europe, Tokyo, New Zealand and the USA. Among our customers we have Screen and stage actors, radio presenters, journalists and authors. We have also been photographed by Getty images and our shop has been used for TV sketches and TV advertisements.
Archbishop Tenison's C of E School, commonly known as Tenison's, is a Church of England mixed secondary School located in the London Borough of Lambeth.AdmissionsTenison's is now an 11–18 voluntary aided, boys and girls in September 2015 comprehensive school, part of the educational provision of the Anglican Diocese of Southwark and the London Borough of Lambeth. Girls are admitted to the sixth form. Tenison's became a specialist arts college in 2003. The school caters for around 530 pupils, of whom 80 are in the sixth form. The school is located directly opposite The Oval cricket ground, home of Surrey County Cricket Club.HistoryThomas Tenison, an educational evangelist and later Archbishop of Canterbury, founded several schools in the late 17th and early 18th centuries. A boys' school now at the Oval was founded in 1685 in the crypt of St Martin's in the Fields and relocated by 1895 in Leicester Square on the site previously occupied by the Sabloniere Hotel. The school moved to The Oval in 1928, with the new building being opened by the then Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII). A girls' school was formally established in 1706 for 12 girls and in 1863 a new school building was erected at 18 Lambeth High Street. The girls school closed in 1961, when it amalgamated with Archbishop Temple's Boys School to form a mixed VA school. The building was used by Temple's as a first-year annex from 1968 to 1974, when Archbishop Temple's School closed. Archbishop Tenison founded another school in nearby Croydon in 1714.