72-76 Eversholt Street London, United Kingdom NW11BY +44 203 689 3188
HintHunt is the world’s leading innovative producer of interactive Escape Games and Mission Games. A HintHunt adventure is activating all 5 senses, creating a natural high and turning an hour into a moment of absolute involuntary “wow” reactions, while bringing back childhood joys through merging technology and human interactions. So what’s it really? Words won’t do justice, you have to experience it!
The Cuckoo Club has been at the forefront of London's West End nightlife scene since it opened in 2005.
The club's ability to evolve, adapt and re-invent itself has been instrumental in its success and sustained position as one of London's most in demand destination venues. Since a redesign in late 2011, The Cuckoo Club has focused on dividing its two floors into mutually exclusive areas - each with an Unique personality, music policy & identity.
The ground floor focuses on comfort clubbing with a varied music policy and a devoted following whilst downstairs bridges the market between London's East & West, with a forward thinking music policy that focuses on deep House, introducing some of the most successful underground DJ's into the West End clubbing space. Featuring a state of the art sound system from Funktion 1 on both floors, and full staging capacity for live performance on the ground floor, The Cuckoo Club is an optimum musical performance space.
This discreet Mayfair house imagines the Victorian abode of Phileas J. Fogg Esq, housing all the peculiar and wonderful artifacts of the period that he has collected from his round the world trip. Mr Fogg's faithful right-hand-man, Jean Passepartout, shall be on hand to keep all house guests entertained and to proffer his favourite and most delectable cocktails from Suez to Yokohama.
Piccadilly Circus is a road junction and public space of London's West End in the City of Westminster, built in 1819 to connect Regent Street with Piccadilly. In this context, a circus, from the Latin word meaning "circle", is a round open space at a street junction.Piccadilly now links directly to the theatres on Shaftesbury Avenue, as well as the Haymarket, Coventry Street (onwards to Leicester Square), and Glasshouse Street. The Circus is close to major shopping and entertainment areas in the West End. Its status as a major traffic junction has made Piccadilly Circus a busy meeting place and a tourist attraction in its own right. The Circus is particularly known for its video display and neon signs mounted on the corner building on the northern side, as well as the Shaftesbury memorial fountain and statue which is popularly, though mistakenly, believed to be of Eros. It is surrounded by several notable buildings, including the London Pavilion and Criterion Theatre. Directly underneath the plaza is Piccadilly Circus tube station, part of the London Underground system.
All Bar One Leicester SquareDistance: 1.4 miTourist Information 48 Leicester Square London, WC2H 7LU
Aquatic Bodywork is a form of bodywork and movement therapy performed in warm body-neutral water. While floating in this relatively gravity free environment, you are moved in unique ways following your body’s natural movement patterns. Motion and stillness may be combined with elements of Shiatsu, joint mobilisation, deep tissue techniques, yoga-like stretching and dance, encouraging the release of muscular and joint restrictions, thus allowing your body to experience greater fluidity and authenticity of movement.
As well as being used for a variety of clinical needs including rehabilitation and chronic pain, aquatic bodywork is characterised by its deep relaxation and sensory immersion.
Developed by Aquatic Bodywork teacher and Craniosacral Therapist Steve Karle, the integrated concept we offer is based on a wide range of approaches and each session or program is completely personalised.
We are affiliated to the British School of Aquatic Bodywork and also offer certified workshops and practitioner training programs.
Capital XTRA is an urban music radio station owned by Global Radio. It is anchored by an FM operation in London, and is also broadcast via DAB Digital Radio, Freesat, Sky, Virgin Media and online.HistoryChoice 96.9 began as an independent company in March 1990, broadcasting from studios in Trinity Gardens, Brixton. It was Britain’s first 24-hour black music radio station with a licence, covering South London. The group won a second licence (see Buzz FM) in 1995, bringing a local version of their London offering to Birmingham, on 102.2 FM - in place of Buzz FM.The advent of digital radio in the UK saw Choice, which already had an active webstream, joining the new MXR consortium and launching a DAB service which anchored London output with news inserts produced by the consortium's news service DNN.The Birmingham licence was sold to Chrysalis Radio in 1999 and became Galaxy Birmingham, but Choice expanded within the capital in May 2000 when a largely independent North London licence was awarded for Choice 107.1, with the intention of reaching a larger Afro-Caribbean audience outside the limited range of the coverage from Brixton. The station was now broadcasting from Borough High Street, Borough, London.
Free Entry to 5 Bars & Clubs, Free Shots, Drink Discounts, & Sexy Photos!
Rated London's Number 1 Bar/Pub/Club Crawl (on Tripadvisor), London Gone Wild runs unforgettable nights out in London's coolest areas for tourists and locals alike. Led by a team of professional, sexy and slightly controversial hosts, the party includes Free Entry to 5 of the best bars, clubs and live music venues as well as Free Shots and Drink Specials all night. Valued at over £50, you can grab tickets on our website starting from as little as £12.
∆ West End
You want to take a big bite out of the busiest and buzziest nightlife that Europe has to offer? We adventure through the famous West End going to London's top venues in Piccadilly Circus, Leicester Square and Soho!
~ EVERY NIGHT - Meet between 8pm & 9pm at Piccadilly Institute or between 9pm & 10pm at Bar Soho.
Shoreditch, once a slum dominated by gangs and prostitutes - now a mashup of the trendy and the gritty, the hipster and the banker, the art gallery and the graffiti, the awesome and…the awesome!
~ Every Thursday, Friday, Saturday - Meet between 8pm & 9pm at The Shoreditch or between 9pm & 10pm at Cargo.
Running late? Give us a call on +44 (0) 207 096 0371 to find out where we are!
Boom-Tish! - Took over residency at The Music Palace in the heart of London's Crouch End in May 2011, proving to the world that it really isn't that grim up North
Since then, Boom-Tish! has been presenting it's comedic cornucopia across the country [and oversees!] From stand-up to singing and music to magic, what's not to love?
For more info go to - www.boomtish.co.uk
Follow us on twitter - @BoomTish
The Cork Street Open exhibition held in Mayfair, in the centre of London's prestigious art district, has launched many emerging artists. The final Cork Street Open Exhibition will take place in August 2013. The purpose of the exhibition is to provide an opportunity for both emerging and establish artists from around the world to gain exposure and sell their work while benefiting a selected charity.
Landmark and Historical Place Near HintHunt London
The Vaudeville Theatre is a West End theatre on the Strand in the City of Westminster. As the name suggests, the theatre held mostly vaudeville shows and musical revues in its early days. It opened in 1870 and was rebuilt twice, although each new building retained elements of the previous structure. The current building opened in 1926, and the capacity is now 690 seats. Rare thunder drum and lightning sheets, together with other early stage mechanisms survive in the theatre.HistoryOriginsThe theatre was designed by prolific architect C. J. Phipps, decorated in a Romanesque style by George Gordon, and opened on 16 April 1870 with Andrew Halliday's comedy, For Love Or Money and a burlesque, Don Carlos or the Infante in Arms. A notable innovation was the concealed footlights, which would shut off if the glass in front of them was broken. The owner, William Wybrow Robertson, had run a failing billiard hall on the site but saw more opportunity in theatre. He leased the new theatre to three actors, Thomas Thorne, David James, and H.J. Montague. The original theatre stood behind two houses on the Strand, and the entrance was through a labyrinth of small corridors. It had a seating capacity of 1,046, rising in a horseshoe, over a pit and three galleries. The cramped site meant that facilities front and backstage were limited.
Embassy of Indonesia, London Distance: 1.5 miTourist Information 38 Grosvenor Square London, United Kingdom W1K 2HW
The Embassy of Indonesia in London is the diplomatic mission of Indonesia in the United Kingdom. It is located on Grosvenor Square in Mayfair, close to the American embassy. Indonesia also maintain a Consular Department & Visa Section at 38A Adam’s Row, Mayfair.HistoryThe first diplomatic representative of Indonesia in the United Kingdom was Dr. Subandrio who served in 1949 until 1954. There have been 18 Ambassadors in the past years, including two air marshals, a lieutenant and Raden Mohammad Marty Muliana Natalegawa who is currently serving as the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia.DepartmentsThere are currently 10 Departments in the embassy including 2 Defence Attachés, 1 Transportation Attaché, 1 Trade Attaché and 1 Educational Attaché.
Lyric Theatre, London Distance: 1.3 miTourist Information 29 Shaftesbury Avenue, , London, W1D 7ES, London, United Kingdom London, United Kingdom W1D 7 20-74945045
The Lyric Theatre is a West End theatre on Shaftesbury Avenue in the City of Westminster.Designed by the architect C. J. Phipps, it was built by the producer Henry Leslie with profits from the Alfred Cellier and B. C. Stephenson hit, Dorothy (he made £100,000 from this opera), which he transferred from the Prince of Wales Theatre to open his new venue on 17 December 1888. It was the second theatre to be constructed on this stretch of Shaftesbury Avenue and is now the oldest in the street. The foyer and bars were refurbished in 1932–33, and the facade was restored in 1994. At present it seats 967 on four levels, although it originally was designed with a seating capacity of 1,306. The theatre still uses an electric pump to operate its iron curtain.Early in the theatre's history, it staged mostly comic operas, and later it has been a home to light comedies, musicals and straight dramas.The theatre retains many of its original features (including being built behind an original 1767 house front, at the rear to Great Windmill Street, the former house and museum of Sir William Hunter) and the theatre was Grade II listed by English Heritage in September 1960.
The Noël Coward Theatre, formerly known as the Albery Theatre, is a West End theatre on St. Martin's Lane in the City of Westminster, London. It opened on 12 March 1903 as the New Theatre and was built by Sir Charles Wyndham behind Wyndham's Theatre which was completed in 1899. The building was designed by architect W. G. R. Sprague with an exterior in the classical style and an interior in the Rococo style.In 1973 it was renamed the Albery Theatre in tribute to Sir Bronson Albery who had presided as its manager for many years. Since September 2005, the theatre has been owned by Delfont-Mackintosh Ltd. It underwent major refurbishment in 2006, and was renamed the Noël Coward Theatre when it re-opened for the London premiere of Avenue Q on 1 June 2006. Noël Coward, one of Britain's greatest playwrights and actors, appeared in his own play, I'll Leave It To You, at the then New Theatre in 1920, the first West End production of one of his plays.The theatre seats 872 patrons on four levels. The building is now a Grade II Listed structure.Some productionsAfter opening in 1903 with a production of Rosemary starring Charles Wyndham and his wife, Mary Moore, the Noël Coward Theatre has hosted a number productions. I'll Leave it to You, in 1920, was Coward's first play. George Bernard Shaw's St. Joan with an acclaimed performance by actress Sybil Thorndike ran in 1924.
Bond Street es una de las principales calles de compras de Londres, atraviesa Mayfair desde Piccadilly en el sur, hasta Oxford Street en el norte. Es una de las principales calles del distrito comercial del West End, aunque las tiendas ubicadas en ellas son más elitistas que las de las cercanas Regent Street y Oxford Street. Esta calle se encuentra en el distrito londinense de Mayfair, y lleva siendo una calle de compras desde el siglo XVIII. Técnicamente “Bond Street” no existe; la parte sur de la calle se conoce como Old Bond Street, y la parte norte, que es más de la mitad de la calle, es conocida como New Bond Street. Sin embargo esta distinción no se usa en el día a día.HistoriaBond Street toma su nombre de Sir Thomas Bond, el presidente de un sindicato de promotores que compró una mansión en Piccadilly -llamada Clarendon House- a Christopher Monck, 2º Duque de Albergarle en 1683, y la derribó para desarrollar la zona. También construyeron las cercanas Dover Street y Albermale Street. En aquella época la casa daba a campo abierto y el desarrollo de la zona de Mayfair apenas había comenzado. La calle se dispuso principalmente de sur a norte, siendo la parte sur Old Bond Street, y la parte norte New Bond Street, esta última parte se añadió a medida que Londres iba creciendo. El mapa de Londres publicado en 1746 por John Rocque muestra la calle en su totalidad y todas las calles aledañas completamente construidas.La calle en la actualidadEn un principio Bond Street era conocida por sus marchantes de arte y sus tiendas de antigüedades, aglutinadas alrededor de la sede londinense de la casa de subastas Sotheby’s, que ha estado en Bond Street durante unos cien años, y de la Sociedad de Bellas Artes, presente en la calle desde su fundación en 1876. Quedan pocas de esas tiendas, pero muchas de ellas han sido ocupadas por boutiques de moda, incluyendo sedes de las más famosas firmas de diseñadores en el mundo. También hay muchas joyerías. En esta calle se encuentra “Aliados”, una peculiar estatua realizada por Lawrence Holofcener que inmortaliza a Winston Churchill y Franklin D. Roosevelt sentados en un banco conversando.
Bond Street is a major shopping street in the West End of London. It links Piccadilly in the south to Oxford Street in the north and has been popular for retail since the 18th century, being the home of many fashion outlets that sell prestigious and expensive items. The southern section is Old Bond Street and the longer northern section New Bond Street—a distinction not generally made in everyday usage.The street was built on fields surrounding Clarendon House on Piccadilly, which were developed by Sir Thomas Bond. It was built up in the 1720s, and by the end of the 18th century was a popular place for the upper-class residents of Mayfair to socialise. Prestigious and expensive shops were established along the street, but it declined as a centre of social activity in the 19th century, although it held its reputation as a fashionable place for retail, and is home to the auction houses Sotheby's and Bonhams (formerly Phillips) and the department stores Fenwick and Tiffany's. It is one of the most expensive and sought after strips of real estate in Europe.GeographyBond Street is the only street that runs between Oxford Street and Piccadilly. Old Bond Street is at the southern end between Piccadilly and Burlington Gardens. The northern section, New Bond Street, extends as far as Oxford Street. The entire street is around 0.5mi long. Many of the shop frontages are less than 20ft wide.
The Aldwych Theatre is a West End theatre, located in Aldwych in the City of Westminster. It was listed Grade II on 20 July 1971. Its seating capacity is 1,200 on three levels, a fairly large auditorium.HistoryOriginsThe theatre was constructed in the newly built Aldwych as a pair with the Waldorf Theatre, now known as the Novello Theatre. Both buildings were designed in the Edwardian Baroque style by W. G. R. Sprague. The Aldwych Theatre was funded by Seymour Hicks in association with the American impresario Charles Frohman, and built by Walter Wallis of Balham.The theatre opened on 23 December 1905 with a production of Blue Bell, a new version of Hicks's popular pantomime Bluebell in Fairyland. In 1906, Hicks's The Beauty of Bath, followed in 1907 by The Gay Gordons, played at the theatre. In February 1913 the theatre was used by Serge Diaghilev and Vaslav Nijinsky for the first rehearsals of Le Sacre du Printemps before its première in Paris during May. In 1920, Basil Rathbone played Major Wharton in The Unknown.
Selfridges, Oxford Street Distance: 1.3 miTourist Information 400 Oxford Street London, United Kingdom W1A 1AB
Selfridges is a Grade II listed retail premises on Oxford Street in London. It was designed by Daniel Burnham for Harry Gordon Selfridge, and opened in 1909. Still the headquarters of Selfridge & Co. department stores, with 540000sqft of selling space, the store is the second largest retail premises in the UK, half as big as the biggest department store in Europe, Harrods. It was named the world's best department store in 2010, and again in 2012.BackgroundIn 1906, Harry Gordon Selfridge travelled to England on holiday with his wife, Rose. Unimpressed with the quality of existing British retailers, he noticed that the large stores in London had not adopted the latest selling ideas that were being used in the United States.Selfridge decided to invest £400,000 in building his own department store in what was then the unfashionable western end of Oxford Street, by slowly buying up a series of Georgian architecture buildings which were on the desired block defined by the surrounding four streets: Somerset, Wigmore, Orchard and Duke.Design and constructionThe building was designed by American architect Daniel Burnham, who was respected for his department store designs. He created Marshall Field's, Chicago, Filene's in Boston, Wanamaker's in Philadelphia, and Gimbels and Wanamaker's in New York City. The building was an early example in the UK of the use of a steel frame, five stories high with three basement levels and a roof terrace, originally laid out to accommodate 100 departments.
Ginglik Productions presents THE BARRY WISE WISE TOUR OF SOHO, a unique new comedy show that will leave you touched, moved and laughing like a fiend. A hysterical historical tour which merges immersive theatre, music and comedy improv on the streets of Soho.
Soho resident Barry was born right in the centre of Soho and together with his long suffering apprentice Clive you will learn through laughter celebrating the rich history and present of Soho and walk in the footsteps of legends like Mozart, Hendrix, Dickens, and more.
Expect facts delivered in innovative, engaging and entertaining ways, hilarious improvised banter with the public, musical theatre renditions, wild west fact offs, chases down streets and plenty of other surprises along the way.
The tour culminates in one of Soho's most historic pubs where you can enjoy a drink or two and banter with Barry and Clive.
Central Saint Giles is a mixed-use development in central London. Built at a cost of £450 million and completed in May 2010, it was designed by the Italian architect Renzo Piano and is his first work in the UK. The development consists of two buildings of up to 15 storeys in height, arranged around a public courtyard lined with shops and restaurants. It is chiefly notable for its façades, covered with 134,000 glazed tiles in vivid shades of green, orange, lime and yellow. It has attracted a number of high-profile tenants including NBCUniversal, MindShare and Google.Location and backgroundThe development is located in the district of St Giles, a short distance to the east of the east end of Oxford Street. The area was once notorious for being one of the worst slums in London, known as the Rookery – a maze of ramshackle houses, alleys and courtyards inhabited by thousands of destitute people. It was famously depicted by William Hogarth in his 1751 print Gin Lane. Central Saint Giles stands on the site of St Giles Court, an office development originally erected in the 1950s for the Ministry of Supply and latterly used by the Ministry of Defence (MOD). It consisted of a series of linked brick blocks of six to eight storeys high, arranged in an S-shape around two inner courtyards to which there was no public access. The grim appearance of St Giles Court contributed to the area becoming a magnet for prostitutes and the homeless. The building was owned by Legal & General but was occupied by the MOD on a lease that was not due to expire until 2011. However, at the start of the 21st century the MOD began undertaking a process of reducing its London estate and discontinued the use of several buildings in the capital, including St Giles Court. It vacated the building in April 2005.
St James's Church, Spanish Place, is a large English Gothic Roman Catholic church in Marylebone, London. Although currently situated in George Street, the church maintains its connection with Spanish Place, the road opposite the current church, because of its historic connection with the Spanish Embassy.SiteThe church is located in George Street, Marylebone, behind the Wallace Collection and close to Marylebone High Street.HistoryIn the reign of Elizabeth I the Bishops of Ely let their palace and chapel in Ely Place to the Spanish Ambassador and, until the reign of Charles I, it was occupied by the High Representative of the Court of Spain. During this period the chapel was freely used by English Roman Catholics and became a sanctuary to some degree for them.After the restoration of Charles II the Spanish Embassy was re-established in London, first on Ormond Street and then at Hertford House, Manchester Square, where the Wallace Collection is now housed. Here, in 1791, shortly after the Roman Catholic Relief Act 1791 repealed some of the laws affecting Catholic worship, a chapel was built on the corner of Spanish Place and Charles Street (now George Street), largely through the efforts of Doctor Thomas Hussey who had been a chaplain at the embassy since his ordination in 1769. Most of the objects of piety in the present church are legacies from this older building. In 1827 the official Spanish connection with the chapel ceased and it was handed over to the London Vicariate.
Red Lion Square is a small square in Holborn, London. The square was laid out in 1684 by Nicholas Barbon, taking its name from the Red Lion Inn. According to some sources the bodies of three regicides - Oliver Cromwell, John Bradshaw and Henry Ireton - were placed in a pit on the site of the Square.By 1720 it was a fashionable part of London: the eminent judge Bernard Hale was a resident of Red Lion Square. In the 1860s, on the other hand, it had clearly become decidedly unfashionable: the writer Anthony Trollope in his novel Orley Farm (1862) humorously reassures his readers that one of his characters is perfectly respectable, despite living in Red Lion Square.The centre-piece of the garden today is a statue by Ian Walters of Fenner Brockway, which was installed in 1986. There is also a memorial bust of Bertrand Russell. Conway Hall—which is the home of the South Place Ethical Society and the National Secular Society—opens on to the Square. On 15 June 1974 a meeting by the National Front in Conway Hall resulted in a protest by anti-fascist groups. The following disorder and police action left one student - Kevin Gately from the University of Warwick - dead.
University College Hospital at Westmoreland Street, named The Heart Hospital until refurbished and renamed in 2015, was a specialist cardiac hospital located in London, United Kingdom until 2015. It is part of the University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and is closely associated with University College London (UCL). After the 2015 refurbishment the hospital provided thoracic surgery, and the UCLH urology department moved there.Before the 2015 refurbishment the Heart Hospital conducted over 1,000 surgical heart operations each year, had 95 in-patient beds, and was one of the largest cardiac centres in the UK. It treated around 1,700 new outpatients, 5,500 follow-up outpatients and 1,200 inpatients each year. It was a centre for cardiac research, home to the UCL Centre for Cardiology in the Young, and part of the UCLH/UCL Biomedical Research Centre and the UCL Partners academic health science centre. It is a teaching hospital for the UCL Medical School.
King Edward VII's Hospital is a charity-registered private hospital in the City of Westminster in London, known as King Edward VII's Hospital for Officers from 1904 to 2000.HistoryEarly historyThe hospital was established in 1899 at the suggestion of the Prince of Wales . Agnes Keyser, a mistress of the Prince, and her sister Fanny used their house at 17 Grosvenor Crescent to help sick and wounded British Army officers who had returned from the Boer War. King Edward VII became the hospital's first patron. In 1904 it officially became King Edward VII's Hospital for Officers.20th centuryDuring the First World War, the hospital was at 9 Grosvenor Gardens, where officers would be nursed; the young novelist Stuart Cloete was one of them, as was the future British Prime Minister, Harold Macmillan, who underwent a series of long operations followed by recuperation there from 1916–18, from serious wounds sustained in conflict during the Battle of the Somme in 1916. In 1930, the hospital was awarded a Royal Charter "to operate an acute Hospital where serving and retired officers of the Services and their spouses can be treated at preferential rates."In 1941 the interior of the building was badly damaged by bombing, and Sister Agnes died from natural causes. In 1948 the hospital moved to Beaumont Street. It was officially opened on 15 October by Queen Mary.
The High Commission of the Maldives in London is the diplomatic mission of the Maldives in the United Kingdom. It was established in 1995 by upgrading the existing Maldives Government Trade Representative's Office; it was formally opened by former Maldivian President Maumoon Abdul Gayoom.
The Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine is a specialist alternative medicine hospital located in London, England and a part of University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. It is the largest public sector provider of complementary medicine in Europe.The Royal London Hospital for Integrated Medicine offers clinical services including complementary cancer treatments, allergy services, acupuncture, homeopathy, rheumatology, weight loss management, sleep management, musculoskeletal medicine and stress management, and has access to conventional medicine. It has an education department which offers full and part-time courses in complementary medicine for registered health professionals. It is also home to a specialist library for complementary and alternative medicine.The hospital is based in the Bloomsbury area of Central London, adjacent to Great Ormond Street Hospital.
The UCL Institute of Education is the education school of University College London . It specialises in postgraduate study and research in the field of education and is one of UCL's 11 constituent faculties. Prior to merging with UCL in 2014, it was a constituent college of the University of London. The IoE is ranked first in the world for education in the QS World University Rankings, and has been so every year since 2014.The IoE is the largest education research body in the United Kingdom, with over 700 research students in the doctoral school. It also has the largest portfolio of postgraduate programmes in education in the UK, with approximately 4,000 students taking Master's programmes, and a further 1,200 students on PGCE teacher-training courses. At any one time the IOE hosts over 100 research projects funded by Research Councils, government departments and other agencies.HistoryIn 1900, a report on the training of teachers, produced by the Higher Education Sub-Committee of the Technical Education Board of the London County Council, called for further provision for the training of teachers in London in universities. The TEB submitted a scheme to the Senate of the University of London for a new day training college which would train teachers of both sexes when most existing courses were taught in single sex colleges or departments. The principal of the proposed college was also to act as the Professor of the Theory, History and Practice of Education at the University. The new college was opened on 6 October 1902 as the London Day Training College under the administration of the LCC.