EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Opéra de Paris, Paris | Tourist Information


8, rue Scribe
Paris, France 75009


Hotel Near Opéra de Paris

InterContinental Paris Le Grand
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2 Rue Scribe
Paris, 75009

+33 1 40 07 32 32

Palais Garnier
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
8 rue Scribe
Paris, 75001

+33171252423

The Palais Garnier is a 1,979-seat opera house, which was built from 1861 to 1875 for the Paris Opera. It was called the Salle des Capucines, because of its location on the Boulevard des Capucines in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, but soon became known as the Palais Garnier, in recognition of its opulence and its architect, Charles Garnier. The theatre is also often referred to as the Opéra Garnier and historically was known as the Opéra de Paris or simply the Opéra, as it was the primary home of the Paris Opera and its associated Paris Opera Ballet until 1989, when the Opéra Bastille opened at the Place de la Bastille. The Paris Opera now mainly uses the Palais Garnier for ballet.The Palais Garnier has been called "probably the most famous opera house in the world, a symbol of Paris like Notre Dame Cathedral, the Louvre, or the Sacré Coeur Basilica." This is at least partly due to its use as the setting for Gaston Leroux's 1910 novel The Phantom of the Opera and, especially, the novel's subsequent adaptations in films and Andrew Lloyd Webber's popular 1986 musical. Another contributing factor is that among the buildings constructed in Paris during the Second Empire, besides being the most expensive, it has been described as the only one that is "unquestionably a masterpiece of the first rank." This opinion is far from unanimous however: the 20th-century French architect Le Corbusier once described it as "a lying art" and contended that the "Garnier movement is a décor of the grave".

Place de l'Opéra
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, 75009

The Place de l'Opéra is a square in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, at the junction of boulevard des Italiens, boulevard des Capucines, avenue de l'Opéra, rue Auber, rue Halévy, rue de la Paix and rue du Quatre-Septembre. It was built at the same time as the Opéra Garnier (designed by Charles Garnier), which is sited on it and after which it is named. Both structures were part of the Haussmannian redesign of Paris under Napoleon III of France.

W Paris - Opéra
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
4 rue Meyerbeer
Paris, 75009

+33177489494

A new Spark ignites the heart of Paris, fusing the energy of New York with the sophistication of the French capital.

Hotel Scribe Paris managed by Sofitel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 rue Scribe
Paris, 75009

+33 (0)1 44 71 24 24

Quintessential symbol of Parisian life, the Hotel Sofitel Paris Scribe was once home to the elite Jockey Club. Here, in 1895, the Lumière brothers invented the cinema ! Over the years, many icons such as Josephine Baker made this their headquarters. The interior design by Jacques Grange embodies the lavish Parisian spirit and style. The incomparable service and refined art de vivre await you in the sumptuous 19th century architecture. 195 rooms and 18 suites - Gastronomic restaurant Le Lumière - Bar L'Obscur - Tearoom - Keirao Spa - 18 meeting rooms - Art gallery - Valet parking

Paris Opera House
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Lyon
Paris, 75009

Galeries Lafayettes, Bd Hausssman, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
40, Boulevard Haussmann
Paris, 75009

+33 (0)1.42.82.34.56

W Paris - Opéra
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
4 rue Meyerbeer
Paris, 75009

Hôtel Westminster
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
13 rue de la Paix
Paris, 75002

+33 (0)1 42 61 56 47

Even in Paris, some hotels seem more Parisian than others. The Hotel Westminster, despite its regal English name, is such a place. Intimate, close and convivial, from the Haussmannian facade to the flowered, serene patio, the property exudes a joie de vivre. Located amongst the prestigious addresses of the high fashion and jewellery district, the four-star Hotel Westminster is a stone’s throw from the Place Vendome, the Opera and the Tuileries gardens. For more than 200 years, the hotel on calm and quiet La Rue de la Paix has welcomed everyone from royalty – like the Duke of Westminster, from whom it takes its name – to those wanting to discover the art of living. ROOMS & SUITES Drawing from classical periods of French history, from Louis XV and Louis XVI to Napoleon III and Regency, the Hotel Westminster is as timeless as it is distinctive and sophisticated. Each of the 80 air-conditioned guest rooms and 22 suites ranging from Superior to the Vendome Apartments is decorated to perfection with accoutrements like brilliant crystal, elegant dressing tables, exquisite Toile de Jouy wall hangings and marble mantelpiece fireplaces. The result is comfortable, fashionable and historical. SERVICES Giving guests access to the most lavish neighbourhood in Paris is just one of Hotel Westminster’s best attributes. The immense fireplace at Duke’s Bar for instance, or the fine dining found at Michelin-rated Le Céladon, top an extensive list of services and amenities. Others include 24-hour room service and free access to a 120-square-metre rooftop fitness centre filled with state-of-the-art equipment. Overlooking the rooftops of Paris, a restful Nordic ambience permeates the sauna, steam, training and beauty rooms, which feature facial therapies, a range of body treatments and blissful massages. DINING Fine dining guides consistently regard Hotel Westminster’s Le Céladon as a premier restaurant choice for those searching for sophisticated French cuisine. Alternatively, for light meals and cocktails, the relaxing English ambience of The Duke’s Bar provides the perfect spot for lounging. MEETINGS Meetings, events or conferences, even private business meals and cocktail receptions, effortlessly succeed inside the five function rooms of Hotel Westminster. Decorated in the style of Napoleon III, these custom-configurable rooms hold as many as 100 guests while being suitably equipped with an array of capabilities, including free Wi-Fi and delicious catering services provided by Chef Christophe Moisand, Le Céladon's Executive Chef.

American Dream
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
21 rue Daunou
Paris, 75002

01 42 60 99 89

Grand Hotel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2 rue scribe
Paris, 75009

Le Grand Hotel - 2, Rue Du Scribe 75009
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2 rue du Scribes
Paris, 75009

+33 1 40 07 32 32

Hotel Indigo Paris - Opera
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
2 rue Edouard VII
Paris, 75009

+33 (0)1 44 80 00 32

Welcome to Hotel Indigo Paris – Opera, the first Hotel Indigo in France ! Located just next to Place de l’Opéra, in a thriving business area, Hotel Indigo Paris - Opera is a modern interpretation of the authentic Parisian style. Located in a peaceful square yet in a central location near the Olympia Music Hall, Madeleine and the Opera Garnier, our 4-star hotel is in walking distance from Place Vendôme, Rue Saint-Honoré and the Champs-Elysées. The Hotel Indigo Paris – Opera with its 57 vibrant, very spacious and fully renovated rooms and suites is the ideal shelter for your ultimate shopping experience. Luxury fashion boutiques, art galleries, the Galleries La Fayette and Printemps department stores and many acclaimed restaurants all dot this area. The Louvre Museum and its Tuileries gardens are also within easy reach from our hotel. The Hotel Indigo Paris – Opera offers a unique Restaurant and Wine Bar concept where surprising food and wine pairing is our main goal. On a sunny day why not enjoy our delicious food and a glass of wine on the terrace? Our team look forward to welcoming you in Fall 2014

The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
15 Place Vendôme
Paris,

01 43 16 30 30

Hotel Astra Opera - Astotel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
29, rue de Caumartin
Paris, 75009

+33.1.42.66.15.15

Hôtel 4* fondateur d'Astotel Paris, venez découvrir Paris en séjournant dans cet hôtel au coeur du 9ème arrondissement, a quelques minutes seulement des Grands Magasins et du Jardin des Tuileries.

The Chess Hotel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6 rue du Helder
Paris, 75009

01 48 24 10 10

Créé comme un lieu de vie unique, parfaitement intégré à l’hôtellerie de luxe parisienne : The Chess Hotel Paris a fait sont entrée sur scène au cœur du quartier de l’Opéra de Paris et à quelques pas de La Bourse. Central et bien situé dans la capitale, cet hôtel de luxe classé 4* au design soigné et épuré, se veut espace de calme, de luxe voluptueux et tranquille, de service attentif et sur mesure pour qui cherche un refuge paisible pendant son séjour dans la capitale. Conçu tout en harmonie de matières particulièrement étudiées et de cohérence esthétique, The Chess Hotel Paris, hôtel haut de gamme, a été décoré par Gilles & Boissier qui offre ici un espace dénué de tout artifice, pétri d’authenticité et mis en relief par une sélection exclusive de matériaux nobles. Agencées avec une sobriété maîtrisée et équipées du mobilier de la collection du couple de designers, les chambres et la Suite du Chess Hotel Paris se veulent bulles intemporelles, empreintes d’élégance et de discrétion. Elles vous offrent le confort maximal, tant au niveau des équipements que des services, et répondent à un niveau de qualité élevée, satisfaisant ainsi les exigences recherchées par tout voyageur en quête de sérénité et de repos avant de plonger dans l’effervescence citadine. Le visiteur, accueilli dans le Lobby par un sol en damier noir et blanc animé par les reflets d’une douce cheminée, se laissera entraîner par le jeu des perspectives à travers les miroirs et le chêne brossé qui tapissent les murs du Chess Hotel Paris avant de conduire ses pas à travers des étages ayant chacun leur code couleur, personnalisant ainsi son parcours dans l’hôtel. Seules autorisées dans cet espace échappant au temps, des œuvres créées in situ par l’artiste Cyprien Chabert font office d’ornement accueillant le visiteur dans un univers de luxe essentiel. The Chess Hotel Paris – www.thechesshotel.com

Le Scribe Paris Hotel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1, rue Scribe
Paris, 75009

+331 44 71 24 24

Gaumont Opera Premier
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
31, bd des Italiens
Paris, 75002

Hôtel Du Duc
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
22 rue de la michodière
Paris, 75002

0153019011

Hôtel Chavanel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
22 rue Tronchet
Paris, 75008

+33 1 47 42 26 14

Un boutique hôtel de propriétaire, personnalisé, chic, discret et élégant, pour partager avec ses clients l'art de vivre à la française ; Un lieu serein, paisible et reposant, havre de paix dans un quartier qui fourmille, avec la volonté affichée d'intégrer dans ses choix des considérations éthiques environnementales, sociales et civiques dans une démarche collective respectueuse de l'environnement. Un style se fondant sur le raffinement des matières, leur tactilité et leur confort ; L'idée très personnelle d'un luxe discret, sans ostentation, mais réfléchi, avec le sens du détail ; La dentelle française comme source d'inspiration-clé de la décoration, à laquelle sont associés en contraste des lainages au beau tomber, des velours aux teintes profondes et des déclinaisons visuelles contemporaines en jeux de lumière étonnants. Un accueil efficace, jeune, dévoué et dynamique pour partir à la découverte d'un Paris authentique. Un petit-déjeuner sain, copieux et 100% bio. Une boutique pour repartir, dans ses valises, avec des objets signatures de l'hôtel.

Hotel Le Péra
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
17 Rue De Caumartin
Paris, 75009

+33 (0)1.53 43 54 00

Hotel Helder Opera Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
4 Rue du Helder 75009
Paris, 75009

Hotel Basile
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
23 rue godot de mauroy
Paris, 75009

01.42.65.99.54

Uniqlo Opera
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
17 rue Scribe
Paris, 75009

01-58-18-30-55

Hotel London Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
32 Boulevard des Italiens
Paris, 75009

01 48 24 54 64

Four Seasons Hotel Georges V
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
31 aenue Georges V
Paris,

Georges Opera
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
17, Rue Daunou
Paris, 75002

01-42-61-20-01

Bar Le Prelude A Opera 9Eme
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
3, rue Meyerbeer
Paris, 75009

Optic Opéra
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue Louis Le Grand
Paris, 75002

01 53 43 08 66

Topsys
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
11 Bis rue Volney
Paris, 75017

+33 1 45 72 97 97

Landmark Near Opéra de Paris

Paris, France
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, Paris

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, 75009

08.92.68.33.68

L’Olympia est une salle de spectacle située 28, boulevard des Capucines, dans le 9e arrondissement de Paris de Paris. C'est le plus ancien music-hall de Paris encore en activité. Elle est propriété du groupe Vivendi depuis 2001.HistoireLes débutsEn 1888, Joseph Oller - le fondateur du Pari Mutuel et du Moulin Rouge - pose ses montagnes russes dans la cour d'un bâtiment donnant sur le 28, boulevard des Capucines. Le préfet de police Henri Lozé, craignant l'incendie des montagnes russes bâties en bois, demande la fermeture de l'attraction. Oller procède donc à la démolition des montagnes russes et fait édifier une salle de spectacle de 2000 places : l'Olympia.L'inauguration a lieu le 12 avril 1893, avec comme toutes premières vedettes La Goulue (danseuse de cancan), Loïe Fuller (danseuse américaine) et Fregoli (transformiste).Les frères Isola dirigent l'établissement de 1898 à 1911. Les attractions foraines (acrobates, contorsionnistes, etc) occupent la scène. De 1911 à 1914, Jacques Charles y monte des revues de music-hall, Mistinguett et Yvonne Printemps s'y produisent. En 1916 Raphaël Beretta et Léon Volterra en prennent la direction. Pendant la Première Guerre mondiale la salle ferme ses portes.

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, 75009

08.92.68.33.68

L’Olympia est une salle de spectacle située 28, boulevard des Capucines, dans le 9e arrondissement de Paris de Paris. C'est le plus ancien music-hall de Paris encore en activité. Elle est propriété du groupe Vivendi depuis 2001.HistoireLes débutsEn 1888, Joseph Oller - le fondateur du Pari Mutuel et du Moulin Rouge - pose ses montagnes russes dans la cour d'un bâtiment donnant sur le 28, boulevard des Capucines. Le préfet de police Henri Lozé, craignant l'incendie des montagnes russes bâties en bois, demande la fermeture de l'attraction. Oller procède donc à la démolition des montagnes russes et fait édifier une salle de spectacle de 2000 places : l'Olympia.L'inauguration a lieu le 12 avril 1893, avec comme toutes premières vedettes La Goulue (danseuse de cancan), Loïe Fuller (danseuse américaine) et Fregoli (transformiste).Les frères Isola dirigent l'établissement de 1898 à 1911. Les attractions foraines (acrobates, contorsionnistes, etc) occupent la scène. De 1911 à 1914, Jacques Charles y monte des revues de music-hall, Mistinguett et Yvonne Printemps s'y produisent. En 1916 Raphaël Beretta et Léon Volterra en prennent la direction. Pendant la Première Guerre mondiale la salle ferme ses portes.

Place de l'Opéra
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, 75009

La place de l'Opéra est une place de Paris située dans le arrondissement, devant le Palais Garnier et au carrefour du boulevard des Italiens, du boulevard des Capucines, de l'avenue de l'Opéra, de la rue Auber, de la rue Halévy, de la rue de la Paix et de la rue du Quatre-Septembre.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Opéra.HistoireÀ l'époque de sa création, en même temps que celle de l'Opéra de Charles Garnier, cette place a comme intérêt majeur de donner au piéton le recul suffisant pour admirer la façade principale de l'édifice. Elle fait aussi partie des transformations de l'urbanisme de la capitale, voulues par Napoléon III et concrétisées par le baron Haussmann, pour faciliter les circulations de toutes sortes.L'endroit prend une importance particulière avec le passage de plusieurs lignes du métropolitain. À l'aube du, une polémique naît. Nous sommes alors en plein essor de l'« Art nouveau » face à l'académisme ambiant et le choix de l'artiste devant les réaliser se révèle problématique. Les sorties « doivent être aussi majestueuses que le monument qu'elles desservent ». Un des premiers consultés est tout naturellement Hector Guimard, lequel réalise toutes les commandes du genre pour la ville. Après de nombreux débats, la hauteur et le style de la gare conçue par l'architecte sont jugés en total désaccord avec ceux de l'Opéra. Le projet d'une station aérienne à structure métallique fait rapidement place aux discrètes bouches sortant des deux terre-pleins centraux que nous connaissons aujourd'hui.

Place de l'Opéra
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, 75009

La place de l'Opéra est une place de Paris située dans le arrondissement, devant le Palais Garnier et au carrefour du boulevard des Italiens, du boulevard des Capucines, de l'avenue de l'Opéra, de la rue Auber, de la rue Halévy, de la rue de la Paix et de la rue du Quatre-Septembre.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Opéra.HistoireÀ l'époque de sa création, en même temps que celle de l'Opéra de Charles Garnier, cette place a comme intérêt majeur de donner au piéton le recul suffisant pour admirer la façade principale de l'édifice. Elle fait aussi partie des transformations de l'urbanisme de la capitale, voulues par Napoléon III et concrétisées par le baron Haussmann, pour faciliter les circulations de toutes sortes.L'endroit prend une importance particulière avec le passage de plusieurs lignes du métropolitain. À l'aube du, une polémique naît. Nous sommes alors en plein essor de l'« Art nouveau » face à l'académisme ambiant et le choix de l'artiste devant les réaliser se révèle problématique. Les sorties « doivent être aussi majestueuses que le monument qu'elles desservent ». Un des premiers consultés est tout naturellement Hector Guimard, lequel réalise toutes les commandes du genre pour la ville. Après de nombreux débats, la hauteur et le style de la gare conçue par l'architecte sont jugés en total désaccord avec ceux de l'Opéra. Le projet d'une station aérienne à structure métallique fait rapidement place aux discrètes bouches sortant des deux terre-pleins centraux que nous connaissons aujourd'hui.

Palais Garnier
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
8 rue Scribe
Paris, 75001

+33171252423

The Palais Garnier is a 1,979-seat opera house, which was built from 1861 to 1875 for the Paris Opera. It was called the Salle des Capucines, because of its location on the Boulevard des Capucines in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, but soon became known as the Palais Garnier, in recognition of its opulence and its architect, Charles Garnier. The theatre is also often referred to as the Opéra Garnier and historically was known as the Opéra de Paris or simply the Opéra, as it was the primary home of the Paris Opera and its associated Paris Opera Ballet until 1989, when the Opéra Bastille opened at the Place de la Bastille. The Paris Opera now mainly uses the Palais Garnier for ballet.The Palais Garnier has been called "probably the most famous opera house in the world, a symbol of Paris like Notre Dame Cathedral, the Louvre, or the Sacré Coeur Basilica." This is at least partly due to its use as the setting for Gaston Leroux's 1910 novel The Phantom of the Opera and, especially, the novel's subsequent adaptations in films and Andrew Lloyd Webber's popular 1986 musical. Another contributing factor is that among the buildings constructed in Paris during the Second Empire, besides being the most expensive, it has been described as the only one that is "unquestionably a masterpiece of the first rank." This opinion is far from unanimous however: the 20th-century French architect Le Corbusier once described it as "a lying art" and contended that the "Garnier movement is a décor of the grave".

Place de l'Opéra
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, 75009

The Place de l'Opéra is a square in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, at the junction of boulevard des Italiens, boulevard des Capucines, avenue de l'Opéra, rue Auber, rue Halévy, rue de la Paix and rue du Quatre-Septembre. It was built at the same time as the Opéra Garnier (designed by Charles Garnier), which is sited on it and after which it is named. Both structures were part of the Haussmannian redesign of Paris under Napoleon III of France.

Théâtre Mogador
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 Rue de Mogador, 75009 Paris
Paris, 75009

01 53 32 32 32

Théâtre Mogador founded in 1913 and designed by Bertie Crewe, is a Parisian music hall theatre located at 25, rue de Mogador in the 9th district. It seats 1,800 people on three tiers.In 1913 financier Sir Alfred Butt rented an area in Paris. Built according to English music hall principles and style during World War I, the theatre was originally named the "Palace Theatre", after the like-named one in London, in order to appeal to British soldiers. The name was shortly thereafter changed to "Théâtre Mogador", Mogador being the old name of the town of Essaouira in Morocco. The inauguration guests include President Wilson, in France to negotiate the Treaty of Versailles.It was inaugurated by US president to be Franklin Delano Roosevelt April 1919.From 1920 it was a Cine-variety, and gained fame with the performances of Sergei Diaghilev's "Ballets Russes", and with the Thés Mogador – performances of operettas and plays in the afternoon. Until the seventies, the Théâtre Mogador was mainly used for performances of operettas, including Mistinguett. Marcel Merkès was a regular performer here from the late 1940s to the mid-1970s.An extensive renovation restored the building to new splendour in 1983. In 2005, it was purchased by the Stage Entertainment group (then called the "Stage Holding - The Theatre Group").

Théâtre Mogador
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 Rue de Mogador, 75009 Paris
Paris, 75009

01 53 32 32 32

Théâtre Mogador founded in 1913 and designed by Bertie Crewe, is a Parisian music hall theatre located at 25, rue de Mogador in the 9th district. It seats 1,800 people on three tiers.In 1913 financier Sir Alfred Butt rented an area in Paris. Built according to English music hall principles and style during World War I, the theatre was originally named the "Palace Theatre", after the like-named one in London, in order to appeal to British soldiers. The name was shortly thereafter changed to "Théâtre Mogador", Mogador being the old name of the town of Essaouira in Morocco. The inauguration guests include President Wilson, in France to negotiate the Treaty of Versailles.It was inaugurated by US president to be Franklin Delano Roosevelt April 1919.From 1920 it was a Cine-variety, and gained fame with the performances of Sergei Diaghilev's "Ballets Russes", and with the Thés Mogador – performances of operettas and plays in the afternoon. Until the seventies, the Théâtre Mogador was mainly used for performances of operettas, including Mistinguett. Marcel Merkès was a regular performer here from the late 1940s to the mid-1970s.An extensive renovation restored the building to new splendour in 1983. In 2005, it was purchased by the Stage Entertainment group (then called the "Stage Holding - The Theatre Group").

Opéra
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, 75008

0664265620

Opéra is a station of the Paris Métro, named after the nearby Opera Garnier, built by the architect Charles Garnier. It is located at the end of the Avenue de l'Opera, one of the accesses being opposite the Opera, and serves the district of the Boulevard Haussmann. Three Métro lines (3, 7 and 8) cross each other at one point, known as a "well".The station offers a connection to the following stations: Auber on RER line A Haussmann – Saint-Lazare on RER line E Havre – Caumartin on lines 3 and 9 Saint-Augustin on line 9 Saint-Lazare on lines 3, 12, 13 and 14 The station is famous for its strong odors of sewers. When it was being built, there were concerns that one of Hector Guimard's characteristic iron metro entrances would spoil the view of the opera house, so a marble entrance was built instead.

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris, 75009

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Théâtre Édouard VII
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
10 place Édouard VII
Paris, 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Le théâtre Édouard VII, appelé aussi théâtre Édouard VII - Sacha Guitry, est situé à Paris entre la Madeleine et l'Opéra Garnier.HistoriqueLe square est ouvert en 1911 par Arthur Millon, fondateur de la Société de la rue Édouard VII, à l’emplacement des remises et des écuries d’une compagnie de fiacres. Il ne pouvait trouver meilleur parrainage que celui du souverain Édouard VII d'Angleterre, dit « le plus parisien des rois anglais », le plus boulevardier de tous, à l’époque où le Boulevard se terminait chez Maxim’s. En bonne logique, c’est un architecte anglais, William Sprague, qui construit une salle de spectacle au centre de la place en 1913.C'est tout d'abord un cinéma, exploité par un pionnier de l'industrie cinématographique, Charles Urban, qui y présente le Kinémacolor. Puis il cède la place aux représentations théâtrales en 1916 avec pour premier directeur Alphonse Franck, ancien directeur du Théâtre des Capucines et du Théâtre du Gymnase qui a racheté la salle en 1914.Avec Sacha Guitry, une histoire d'amourEn octobre 1920, une déclaration d’amour attire le public au théâtre Édouard VII : Je t'aime. Sacha Guitry se déclarait ainsi à Yvonne Printemps. Et tout Paris constate, ravi, cet amour « Nul printemps n’est plus délicieux que celui de Paris, mais quand il s’appelle Yvonne, il devient incomparable... il est impossible d’incarner plus exactement Paris ».

Théâtre Édouard VII
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
10 place Édouard VII
Paris, 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Le théâtre Édouard VII, appelé aussi théâtre Édouard VII - Sacha Guitry, est situé à Paris entre la Madeleine et l'Opéra Garnier.HistoriqueLe square est ouvert en 1911 par Arthur Millon, fondateur de la Société de la rue Édouard VII, à l’emplacement des remises et des écuries d’une compagnie de fiacres. Il ne pouvait trouver meilleur parrainage que celui du souverain Édouard VII d'Angleterre, dit « le plus parisien des rois anglais », le plus boulevardier de tous, à l’époque où le Boulevard se terminait chez Maxim’s. En bonne logique, c’est un architecte anglais, William Sprague, qui construit une salle de spectacle au centre de la place en 1913.C'est tout d'abord un cinéma, exploité par un pionnier de l'industrie cinématographique, Charles Urban, qui y présente le Kinémacolor. Puis il cède la place aux représentations théâtrales en 1916 avec pour premier directeur Alphonse Franck, ancien directeur du Théâtre des Capucines et du Théâtre du Gymnase qui a racheté la salle en 1914.Avec Sacha Guitry, une histoire d'amourEn octobre 1920, une déclaration d’amour attire le public au théâtre Édouard VII : Je t'aime. Sacha Guitry se déclarait ainsi à Yvonne Printemps. Et tout Paris constate, ravi, cet amour « Nul printemps n’est plus délicieux que celui de Paris, mais quand il s’appelle Yvonne, il devient incomparable... il est impossible d’incarner plus exactement Paris ».

Rue Caumartin, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Caumartin
Paris, 75009

Boulevard des Italiens
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard des Italiens
Paris, 75002

Le boulevard des Italiens est une voie située à la lisière des 2 et 9 arrondissements de Paris. Il fait partie de la chaîne des grands boulevards constituée, d'ouest en est, par les boulevards de la Madeleine, des Capucines, des Italiens et Montmartre.Il est desservi par les stations de métro Opéra et Richelieu-Drouot.

Théâtre Caumartin
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue Caumartin
Paris,

Boulevard des Italiens
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard des Italiens
Paris, 75009

The boulevard des Italiens is one of the four 'grands boulevards' in Paris, a chain running east west and also including boulevard de la Madeleine, Boulevard des Capucines and boulevard Montmartre. The origin of the name is the théâtre des Italiens built on it in 1783, shortly before the French Revolution (now replaced by the Opéra-Comique).HistoryThe boulevard's former names were: boulevard Neuf boulevard du Dépôt, because of a barrack installed in 1764 on the corner of rue de la Chaussée-d'Antinboulevard de la Chaussée-d'Antinboulevard Cerutti with the name of an hôtel on the boulevard le petit Coblence after 1795, since many émigrés returning to France during the French Directory gathered on it boulevard de Gand, on one side of the boulevard, under the second Bourbon Restoration, from 1815 to 1828 in memory of Louis XVIII's exile in Ghent during the Hundred Days. Throughout the 19th century the boulevard was a meeting place for the elegant elite of Paris .

Trinité – d'Estienne d'Orves
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
55 Rue Châteaudun
Paris, 75009

Trinité - d'Estienne d'Orves is a station on Line 12 of the Paris Métro in the commercial centre of Paris and the 9th arrondissement.The station opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. The station is named after the nearby church of the Trinité and the Place d'Estienne d'Orves, named after Henri Honoré d'Estienne d'Orves (1901–1941), a French Navy officer and Resistance fighter.Nearby are the theatres of the Théâtre de Paris and the Casino de Paris.

Rue Saint-Lazare
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Lazare
Paris, 75009

The Rue Saint-Lazare is a street in the 8th and 9th arrondissements of Paris. It starts at 9 Rue Bourdaloue and 1 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Lorette, and ends at Place Gabriel-Péri and Rue de Rome.HistoryThis street already existed in 1700 under the name of rue des Porcherons or rue d'Argenteuil, and connected the villages of Roule and Ville-L’Évêque to the village of Porcherons. In 1734 it was still only lined with few buildings. The present name dates from 1770 and comes from the Maison Saint-Lazare toward which it led (via the rues Lamartine, Bleue, and Paradis) and which had been used as a leprosarium since the Middle Ages; it was converted into the Prison Saint-Lazare in 1793. It stood at the current location of no 117 rue du Faubourg-Saint-Denis, in the 10th arrondissement.A ministerial decision of 12 Fructidor V (29 August 1797) fixed the minimum width of the street at 10 meters. This width was increased to 11 meters by a royal decree of 3 August 1838. An order of 3 September 1843 declared the public utility of expansion to 20 meters to the right of the properties at numbers 115-121 to create the Cour du Havre.The Gare Saint-Lazare was built in 1837. An alley, the "Impasse Bony", created in 1826 and located at the site of the Hotel Terminus, was used for unloading luggage. The Cour de Rome, in front of the station on the west side, encompassed the old "Impasse d’Argenteuil", which opened onto the Rue du Rocher.

Rue Saint-Lazare
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Lazare
Paris, 75009

The Rue Saint-Lazare is a street in the 8th and 9th arrondissements of Paris. It starts at 9 Rue Bourdaloue and 1 Rue Notre-Dame-de-Lorette, and ends at Place Gabriel-Péri and Rue de Rome.HistoryThis street already existed in 1700 under the name of rue des Porcherons or rue d'Argenteuil, and connected the villages of Roule and Ville-L’Évêque to the village of Porcherons. In 1734 it was still only lined with few buildings. The present name dates from 1770 and comes from the Maison Saint-Lazare toward which it led (via the rues Lamartine, Bleue, and Paradis) and which had been used as a leprosarium since the Middle Ages; it was converted into the Prison Saint-Lazare in 1793. It stood at the current location of no 117 rue du Faubourg-Saint-Denis, in the 10th arrondissement.A ministerial decision of 12 Fructidor V (29 August 1797) fixed the minimum width of the street at 10 meters. This width was increased to 11 meters by a royal decree of 3 August 1838. An order of 3 September 1843 declared the public utility of expansion to 20 meters to the right of the properties at numbers 115-121 to create the Cour du Havre.The Gare Saint-Lazare was built in 1837. An alley, the "Impasse Bony", created in 1826 and located at the site of the Hotel Terminus, was used for unloading luggage. The Cour de Rome, in front of the station on the west side, encompassed the old "Impasse d’Argenteuil", which opened onto the Rue du Rocher.

Boulevard des Capucines
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
4 Boulevard des Capucines, 75009 Paris
Paris, 75002

01 43 12 19 00

The Boulevard des Capucines is one of the four 'grands boulevards' in Paris, a chain of boulevards running east-west that also includes Boulevard de la Madeleine, Boulevard des Italiens, and Boulevard Montmartre.The name comes from a beautiful convent of Capuchin nuns whose garden was on the south side of the boulevard prior to the French Revolution.The former name, Rue Basse-du-Rempart ("bottom-of-the-wall street" in French), suggests that, in the beginning, the street paralleled the city wall of Paris. Then, when the wall was destroyed, the street was widened and became a boulevard.Notable placesAt No. 1 stood the Neapolitan Café, famous for the writers, journalists, and actors who were its patrons, such as Catulle Mendès, Jean Moréas, Armand Silvestre, and Laurent Tailhade.No. 2, at the junction with the rue de la Chaussée-d'Antin, was the site of the former Hotel de Montmorency, then Théâtre du Vaudeville 1869, later Paramount Opéra movies in 1927 and Gaumont Opéra since 2007. The main hall was the 'grand salon' of the Hotel in the 18th century. The rotunda on the facade has been kept.

Boulevard des Capucines
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
4 Boulevard des Capucines, 75009 Paris
Paris, 75002

01 43 12 19 00

The Boulevard des Capucines is one of the four 'grands boulevards' in Paris, a chain of boulevards running east-west that also includes Boulevard de la Madeleine, Boulevard des Italiens, and Boulevard Montmartre.The name comes from a beautiful convent of Capuchin nuns whose garden was on the south side of the boulevard prior to the French Revolution.The former name, Rue Basse-du-Rempart ("bottom-of-the-wall street" in French), suggests that, in the beginning, the street paralleled the city wall of Paris. Then, when the wall was destroyed, the street was widened and became a boulevard.Notable placesAt No. 1 stood the Neapolitan Café, famous for the writers, journalists, and actors who were its patrons, such as Catulle Mendès, Jean Moréas, Armand Silvestre, and Laurent Tailhade.No. 2, at the junction with the rue de la Chaussée-d'Antin, was the site of the former Hotel de Montmorency, then Théâtre du Vaudeville 1869, later Paramount Opéra movies in 1927 and Gaumont Opéra since 2007. The main hall was the 'grand salon' of the Hotel in the 18th century. The rotunda on the facade has been kept.

Rue Scribe
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
rue scribe
Paris,

Paris Olympia
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris,

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Paris Olympia
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris,

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Crédit Lyonnais headquarters
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
palais
Paris, 33000

The Crédit Lyonnais headquarters is a Haussmannian style building in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris. It is located on the block formed by the Boulevard des Italiens, the rue de Gramont, the rue du Quatre-Septembre and the rue de Choiseul.Construction 1863: Credit Lyonnais was founded in the French city of Lyon. 1876 – 1883: Construction of the main branch in Paris. A block of 1,590 m2 was purchased in Paris. Then, the Boufflers-Rouvenel Hotel was demolished to make way for the headquarters of Credit Lyonnais, designed by the architect William Bouwens van der Boijen. The building was built in the Haussmannian style to impress customers and investors. The building was also planned so that it could be converted into a department store in case of bankruptcy. 21 March 1878: Building inaugurated in the presence of Léon Gambetta, at that time director of the Budget Committee of the National Assembly. The building is organized around a large double helix similar to the one in Chateau de Chambord. The building became a popular place; the bank had to provide "permission to visit" tickets. 1882 : Official transfer of Crédit Lyonnais's headquarters from Lyon to Paris. 1913: Completion of construction by the architect Victor Laloux. The building was gradually extended to the whole block between the Boulevard des Italiens, the rue de Choiseul, rue du Quatre Septembre and rue de Gramont.

Crédit Lyonnais headquarters
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
palais
Paris, 33000

The Crédit Lyonnais headquarters is a Haussmannian style building in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris. It is located on the block formed by the Boulevard des Italiens, the rue de Gramont, the rue du Quatre-Septembre and the rue de Choiseul.Construction 1863: Credit Lyonnais was founded in the French city of Lyon. 1876 – 1883: Construction of the main branch in Paris. A block of 1,590 m2 was purchased in Paris. Then, the Boufflers-Rouvenel Hotel was demolished to make way for the headquarters of Credit Lyonnais, designed by the architect William Bouwens van der Boijen. The building was built in the Haussmannian style to impress customers and investors. The building was also planned so that it could be converted into a department store in case of bankruptcy. 21 March 1878: Building inaugurated in the presence of Léon Gambetta, at that time director of the Budget Committee of the National Assembly. The building is organized around a large double helix similar to the one in Chateau de Chambord. The building became a popular place; the bank had to provide "permission to visit" tickets. 1882 : Official transfer of Crédit Lyonnais's headquarters from Lyon to Paris. 1913: Completion of construction by the architect Victor Laloux. The building was gradually extended to the whole block between the Boulevard des Italiens, the rue de Choiseul, rue du Quatre Septembre and rue de Gramont.

Salon Indien du Grand Café
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
14 boulevard des Capucines
Paris,

Le Salon Indien du Grand Café was a room in the basement of the Grand Café, on the Boulevard des Capucines near the Place de l'Opéra in the center of Paris. It is notable for being the place that hosted the very first public moviescreening, on December 28, 1895, consisting in ten short clips presented by the Lumière brothers. These short films clips (in order of presentation), were:La Sortie de l'Usine Lumière à Lyon (literally, "the exit from the Lumière factory in Lyon", or, under its more common English title, Workers Leaving the Lumiere Factory), 46 secondsLe Jardinier (l'Arroseur Arrosé) ("The Gardener", or "The Sprinkler Sprinkled"), 49 secondsLe Débarquement du Congrès de Photographie à Lyon ("the disembarkment of the Congress of Photographers in Lyon"), 48 secondsLa Voltige ("Horse Trick Riders"), 46 secondsLa Pêche aux poissons rouges ("fishing for goldfish"), 42 secondsLes Forgerons ("Blacksmiths"), 49 secondsRepas de bébé ("Baby's Breakfast" (lit. "baby's meal")), 41 secondsLe Saut à la couverture ("Jumping Onto the Blanket"), 41 secondsLa Places des Cordeliers à Lyon ("Cordeliers Square in Lyon"—a street scene), 44 secondsLa Mer (Baignade en mer) ("the sea "), 38 seconds Currently, the building standing at No. 14 Boulevard des Capucines is the Hotel Scribe, which opened a restaurant called 'Café Lumière', in memory of its history. The Grand Cafe Capucines located at No. 4 is a successor to the original further along the boulevard.

Salon Indien du Grand Café
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
14 boulevard des Capucines
Paris,

Le Salon Indien du Grand Café was a room in the basement of the Grand Café, on the Boulevard des Capucines near the Place de l'Opéra in the center of Paris. It is notable for being the place that hosted the very first public moviescreening, on December 28, 1895, consisting in ten short clips presented by the Lumière brothers. These short films clips (in order of presentation), were:La Sortie de l'Usine Lumière à Lyon (literally, "the exit from the Lumière factory in Lyon", or, under its more common English title, Workers Leaving the Lumiere Factory), 46 secondsLe Jardinier (l'Arroseur Arrosé) ("The Gardener", or "The Sprinkler Sprinkled"), 49 secondsLe Débarquement du Congrès de Photographie à Lyon ("the disembarkment of the Congress of Photographers in Lyon"), 48 secondsLa Voltige ("Horse Trick Riders"), 46 secondsLa Pêche aux poissons rouges ("fishing for goldfish"), 42 secondsLes Forgerons ("Blacksmiths"), 49 secondsRepas de bébé ("Baby's Breakfast" (lit. "baby's meal")), 41 secondsLe Saut à la couverture ("Jumping Onto the Blanket"), 41 secondsLa Places des Cordeliers à Lyon ("Cordeliers Square in Lyon"—a street scene), 44 secondsLa Mer (Baignade en mer) ("the sea "), 38 seconds Currently, the building standing at No. 14 Boulevard des Capucines is the Hotel Scribe, which opened a restaurant called 'Café Lumière', in memory of its history. The Grand Cafe Capucines located at No. 4 is a successor to the original further along the boulevard.

Performance Venue Near Opéra de Paris

Opéra Garnier
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, 75009

08 25 05 44 05

Opéra Garnier
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, 75009

08 25 05 44 05

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, 75009

08.92.68.33.68

L’Olympia est une salle de spectacle située 28, boulevard des Capucines, dans le 9e arrondissement de Paris de Paris. C'est le plus ancien music-hall de Paris encore en activité. Elle est propriété du groupe Vivendi depuis 2001.HistoireLes débutsEn 1888, Joseph Oller - le fondateur du Pari Mutuel et du Moulin Rouge - pose ses montagnes russes dans la cour d'un bâtiment donnant sur le 28, boulevard des Capucines. Le préfet de police Henri Lozé, craignant l'incendie des montagnes russes bâties en bois, demande la fermeture de l'attraction. Oller procède donc à la démolition des montagnes russes et fait édifier une salle de spectacle de 2000 places : l'Olympia.L'inauguration a lieu le 12 avril 1893, avec comme toutes premières vedettes La Goulue (danseuse de cancan), Loïe Fuller (danseuse américaine) et Fregoli (transformiste).Les frères Isola dirigent l'établissement de 1898 à 1911. Les attractions foraines (acrobates, contorsionnistes, etc) occupent la scène. De 1911 à 1914, Jacques Charles y monte des revues de music-hall, Mistinguett et Yvonne Printemps s'y produisent. En 1916 Raphaël Beretta et Léon Volterra en prennent la direction. Pendant la Première Guerre mondiale la salle ferme ses portes.

L'Olympia
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, 75009

0892 683 368

0892 683 368 (0,40 cts/min) Les années et les émotions ont façonné les murs qui en gardent la richesse. L’âme de ceux qui sont passés ici un soir se ressent dans chaque recoin, sur chaque fauteuil, à chaque applaudissement. L’Olympia est hors du temps. Porté par l’amour du métier, l’amour du public et la dévotion d’une équipe qui se transmet son savoir de génération en génération, le music-hall le plus célèbre au monde se permet de vous chuchoter, ce soir, ce simple mot : « Bienvenue ». Bienvenue chez vous !

Club Haussmann
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
23 rue Taitbout
Paris, 75009

0155771999

Club Haussmann
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
23 rue Taitbout
Paris, 75009

0155771999

Académie Nationale de Musique
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Opéra
Paris, 75009

01 45 20 82 56

Theâtre Mogador
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 Rue Mogador
Paris, 75009

+33153323232

Théâtre Mogador
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 Rue de Mogador, 75009 Paris
Paris, 75009

01 53 32 32 32

Théâtre Mogador founded in 1913 and designed by Bertie Crewe, is a Parisian music hall theatre located at 25, rue de Mogador in the 9th district. It seats 1,800 people on three tiers.In 1913 financier Sir Alfred Butt rented an area in Paris. Built according to English music hall principles and style during World War I, the theatre was originally named the "Palace Theatre", after the like-named one in London, in order to appeal to British soldiers. The name was shortly thereafter changed to "Théâtre Mogador", Mogador being the old name of the town of Essaouira in Morocco. The inauguration guests include President Wilson, in France to negotiate the Treaty of Versailles.It was inaugurated by US president to be Franklin Delano Roosevelt April 1919.From 1920 it was a Cine-variety, and gained fame with the performances of Sergei Diaghilev's "Ballets Russes", and with the Thés Mogador – performances of operettas and plays in the afternoon. Until the seventies, the Théâtre Mogador was mainly used for performances of operettas, including Mistinguett. Marcel Merkès was a regular performer here from the late 1940s to the mid-1970s.An extensive renovation restored the building to new splendour in 1983. In 2005, it was purchased by the Stage Entertainment group (then called the "Stage Holding - The Theatre Group").

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris, 75009

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Palais Garnier - Opéra De Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
8 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris
Paris, 75009

+33 1 71 25 24 23

Palais Garnier - Opéra De Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
8 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris
Paris, 75009

+33 1 71 25 24 23

Opera Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
10 Place de l'Opéra, Paris,Francia
Paris, 75009

+33 892 89 90 90

Théâtre Édouard VII
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
10 place Édouard VII
Paris, 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Le théâtre Édouard VII, appelé aussi théâtre Édouard VII - Sacha Guitry, est situé à Paris entre la Madeleine et l'Opéra Garnier.HistoriqueLe square est ouvert en 1911 par Arthur Millon, fondateur de la Société de la rue Édouard VII, à l’emplacement des remises et des écuries d’une compagnie de fiacres. Il ne pouvait trouver meilleur parrainage que celui du souverain Édouard VII d'Angleterre, dit « le plus parisien des rois anglais », le plus boulevardier de tous, à l’époque où le Boulevard se terminait chez Maxim’s. En bonne logique, c’est un architecte anglais, William Sprague, qui construit une salle de spectacle au centre de la place en 1913.C'est tout d'abord un cinéma, exploité par un pionnier de l'industrie cinématographique, Charles Urban, qui y présente le Kinémacolor. Puis il cède la place aux représentations théâtrales en 1916 avec pour premier directeur Alphonse Franck, ancien directeur du Théâtre des Capucines et du Théâtre du Gymnase qui a racheté la salle en 1914.Avec Sacha Guitry, une histoire d'amourEn octobre 1920, une déclaration d’amour attire le public au théâtre Édouard VII : Je t'aime. Sacha Guitry se déclarait ainsi à Yvonne Printemps. Et tout Paris constate, ravi, cet amour « Nul printemps n’est plus délicieux que celui de Paris, mais quand il s’appelle Yvonne, il devient incomparable... il est impossible d’incarner plus exactement Paris ».

Théâtre Édouard VII
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
10 place Édouard VII
Paris, 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Le théâtre Édouard VII, appelé aussi théâtre Édouard VII - Sacha Guitry, est situé à Paris entre la Madeleine et l'Opéra Garnier.HistoriqueLe square est ouvert en 1911 par Arthur Millon, fondateur de la Société de la rue Édouard VII, à l’emplacement des remises et des écuries d’une compagnie de fiacres. Il ne pouvait trouver meilleur parrainage que celui du souverain Édouard VII d'Angleterre, dit « le plus parisien des rois anglais », le plus boulevardier de tous, à l’époque où le Boulevard se terminait chez Maxim’s. En bonne logique, c’est un architecte anglais, William Sprague, qui construit une salle de spectacle au centre de la place en 1913.C'est tout d'abord un cinéma, exploité par un pionnier de l'industrie cinématographique, Charles Urban, qui y présente le Kinémacolor. Puis il cède la place aux représentations théâtrales en 1916 avec pour premier directeur Alphonse Franck, ancien directeur du Théâtre des Capucines et du Théâtre du Gymnase qui a racheté la salle en 1914.Avec Sacha Guitry, une histoire d'amourEn octobre 1920, une déclaration d’amour attire le public au théâtre Édouard VII : Je t'aime. Sacha Guitry se déclarait ainsi à Yvonne Printemps. Et tout Paris constate, ravi, cet amour « Nul printemps n’est plus délicieux que celui de Paris, mais quand il s’appelle Yvonne, il devient incomparable... il est impossible d’incarner plus exactement Paris ».

Pavillon Daunou
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
18 rue Daunou
Paris, 75002

+33 (0)1 42 86 52 89

Idéalement situé entre l’Opéra et la place Vendôme, cet espace événementiel en plein coeur de Paris, peut recevoir tous types d’événements, corporate ou privés. Chic, chaleureux, élégant et contemporain, le lieu est signé Sarah Lavoine et est orchestré par Kaspia Réceptions. Pour tous vos événements de 100 à 390 personnes ce lieu unique et exclusif promet de créer la surprise auprès de vos clients ou collaborateurs.

CATS - Le Musical
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue de Mogador
Paris, 75009

01 53 33 45 30

CATS - Le Musical
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue de Mogador
Paris, 75009

01 53 33 45 30

Theatre Du Mogador
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 Rue de Mogador, 75009 Paris
Paris, 75009

01 53 32 32 32

Athénée Théâtre Louis-Jouvet
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
square de l'Opéra Louis-Jouvet, 7 rue Boudreau
Paris, 75009

01 53 05 19 19

Théâtre public classé monument historique, l'Athénée donne à entendre de grands textes des répertoires théâtral et lyrique dans des mises en scène innovantes. Prix : de 6€ à 48€

Comédie Caumartin
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue Caumartin
Paris, 75009

01.47.42.43.41

Comédie Caumartin
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue Caumartin
Paris, 75009

01.47.42.43.41

Théâtre Caumartin
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue Caumartin
Paris,

Opéra National de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
8 rue Scribe
Paris, 75009

0140011789

Pavillon Vendôme
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1! rue Daunou
Paris, 75002

Theâtre Mogador, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25, rue de Mogador
Paris, 75009

Casinos Barrière
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
35, boulevard des capucines
Paris, 75002

Les Casinos Barrière sont de véritables complexes de divertissements et de loisirs. Pour boire un verre, déguster des mets préparés par les Chefs Barrière, apprécier un spectacle ou jouer, leur univers unique, qu’il soit feutré ou moderne, vous invitera à la fête et à la convivialité. Les Casinos Barrière ont été les premiers à développer le concept TITO (Ticket in Ticket Out), ce coupon papier de valeur sur lequel figure un code-barres et vos crédits gagnés. Petit à petit, il remplacera les jetons, pour une utilisation moderne des machines à sous. Toujours à la pointe de l’innovation, les Casinos Barrière vous ont aussi présenté la roulette anglaise électronique en avant-première l’année dernière. Les tables de jeu et le poker ne sont pas en reste. Poker rooms dédiées, roulette anglaise, black-jack… Tous les jeux sont dans les Casinos Barrière. Les Casinos Barrière accueillent aujourd’hui des tournois off et online, dont le Barrière Poker Tour.

Théâtre Edouard XII
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
10 Édouard VII Square
Paris, 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Paris Olympia
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris,

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Paris Olympia
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris,

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Performance Venue Near Opéra de Paris

Opéra Garnier
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, 75009

08 25 05 44 05

Opéra Garnier
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'opéra
Paris, 75009

08 25 05 44 05

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, 75009

08.92.68.33.68

L’Olympia est une salle de spectacle située 28, boulevard des Capucines, dans le 9e arrondissement de Paris de Paris. C'est le plus ancien music-hall de Paris encore en activité. Elle est propriété du groupe Vivendi depuis 2001.HistoireLes débutsEn 1888, Joseph Oller - le fondateur du Pari Mutuel et du Moulin Rouge - pose ses montagnes russes dans la cour d'un bâtiment donnant sur le 28, boulevard des Capucines. Le préfet de police Henri Lozé, craignant l'incendie des montagnes russes bâties en bois, demande la fermeture de l'attraction. Oller procède donc à la démolition des montagnes russes et fait édifier une salle de spectacle de 2000 places : l'Olympia.L'inauguration a lieu le 12 avril 1893, avec comme toutes premières vedettes La Goulue (danseuse de cancan), Loïe Fuller (danseuse américaine) et Fregoli (transformiste).Les frères Isola dirigent l'établissement de 1898 à 1911. Les attractions foraines (acrobates, contorsionnistes, etc) occupent la scène. De 1911 à 1914, Jacques Charles y monte des revues de music-hall, Mistinguett et Yvonne Printemps s'y produisent. En 1916 Raphaël Beretta et Léon Volterra en prennent la direction. Pendant la Première Guerre mondiale la salle ferme ses portes.

L'Olympia
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, 75009

0892 683 368

0892 683 368 (0,40 cts/min) Les années et les émotions ont façonné les murs qui en gardent la richesse. L’âme de ceux qui sont passés ici un soir se ressent dans chaque recoin, sur chaque fauteuil, à chaque applaudissement. L’Olympia est hors du temps. Porté par l’amour du métier, l’amour du public et la dévotion d’une équipe qui se transmet son savoir de génération en génération, le music-hall le plus célèbre au monde se permet de vous chuchoter, ce soir, ce simple mot : « Bienvenue ». Bienvenue chez vous !

Club Haussmann
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
23 rue Taitbout
Paris, 75009

0155771999

Club Haussmann
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
23 rue Taitbout
Paris, 75009

0155771999

Académie Nationale de Musique
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Opéra
Paris, 75009

01 45 20 82 56

Theâtre Mogador
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 Rue Mogador
Paris, 75009

+33153323232

Théâtre Mogador
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 Rue de Mogador, 75009 Paris
Paris, 75009

01 53 32 32 32

Théâtre Mogador founded in 1913 and designed by Bertie Crewe, is a Parisian music hall theatre located at 25, rue de Mogador in the 9th district. It seats 1,800 people on three tiers.In 1913 financier Sir Alfred Butt rented an area in Paris. Built according to English music hall principles and style during World War I, the theatre was originally named the "Palace Theatre", after the like-named one in London, in order to appeal to British soldiers. The name was shortly thereafter changed to "Théâtre Mogador", Mogador being the old name of the town of Essaouira in Morocco. The inauguration guests include President Wilson, in France to negotiate the Treaty of Versailles.It was inaugurated by US president to be Franklin Delano Roosevelt April 1919.From 1920 it was a Cine-variety, and gained fame with the performances of Sergei Diaghilev's "Ballets Russes", and with the Thés Mogador – performances of operettas and plays in the afternoon. Until the seventies, the Théâtre Mogador was mainly used for performances of operettas, including Mistinguett. Marcel Merkès was a regular performer here from the late 1940s to the mid-1970s.An extensive renovation restored the building to new splendour in 1983. In 2005, it was purchased by the Stage Entertainment group (then called the "Stage Holding - The Theatre Group").

Olympia (Paris)
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris, 75009

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Palais Garnier - Opéra De Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
8 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris
Paris, 75009

+33 1 71 25 24 23

Palais Garnier - Opéra De Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
8 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris
Paris, 75009

+33 1 71 25 24 23

Opera Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
10 Place de l'Opéra, Paris,Francia
Paris, 75009

+33 892 89 90 90

Théâtre Édouard VII
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
10 place Édouard VII
Paris, 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Le théâtre Édouard VII, appelé aussi théâtre Édouard VII - Sacha Guitry, est situé à Paris entre la Madeleine et l'Opéra Garnier.HistoriqueLe square est ouvert en 1911 par Arthur Millon, fondateur de la Société de la rue Édouard VII, à l’emplacement des remises et des écuries d’une compagnie de fiacres. Il ne pouvait trouver meilleur parrainage que celui du souverain Édouard VII d'Angleterre, dit « le plus parisien des rois anglais », le plus boulevardier de tous, à l’époque où le Boulevard se terminait chez Maxim’s. En bonne logique, c’est un architecte anglais, William Sprague, qui construit une salle de spectacle au centre de la place en 1913.C'est tout d'abord un cinéma, exploité par un pionnier de l'industrie cinématographique, Charles Urban, qui y présente le Kinémacolor. Puis il cède la place aux représentations théâtrales en 1916 avec pour premier directeur Alphonse Franck, ancien directeur du Théâtre des Capucines et du Théâtre du Gymnase qui a racheté la salle en 1914.Avec Sacha Guitry, une histoire d'amourEn octobre 1920, une déclaration d’amour attire le public au théâtre Édouard VII : Je t'aime. Sacha Guitry se déclarait ainsi à Yvonne Printemps. Et tout Paris constate, ravi, cet amour « Nul printemps n’est plus délicieux que celui de Paris, mais quand il s’appelle Yvonne, il devient incomparable... il est impossible d’incarner plus exactement Paris ».

Théâtre Édouard VII
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
10 place Édouard VII
Paris, 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Le théâtre Édouard VII, appelé aussi théâtre Édouard VII - Sacha Guitry, est situé à Paris entre la Madeleine et l'Opéra Garnier.HistoriqueLe square est ouvert en 1911 par Arthur Millon, fondateur de la Société de la rue Édouard VII, à l’emplacement des remises et des écuries d’une compagnie de fiacres. Il ne pouvait trouver meilleur parrainage que celui du souverain Édouard VII d'Angleterre, dit « le plus parisien des rois anglais », le plus boulevardier de tous, à l’époque où le Boulevard se terminait chez Maxim’s. En bonne logique, c’est un architecte anglais, William Sprague, qui construit une salle de spectacle au centre de la place en 1913.C'est tout d'abord un cinéma, exploité par un pionnier de l'industrie cinématographique, Charles Urban, qui y présente le Kinémacolor. Puis il cède la place aux représentations théâtrales en 1916 avec pour premier directeur Alphonse Franck, ancien directeur du Théâtre des Capucines et du Théâtre du Gymnase qui a racheté la salle en 1914.Avec Sacha Guitry, une histoire d'amourEn octobre 1920, une déclaration d’amour attire le public au théâtre Édouard VII : Je t'aime. Sacha Guitry se déclarait ainsi à Yvonne Printemps. Et tout Paris constate, ravi, cet amour « Nul printemps n’est plus délicieux que celui de Paris, mais quand il s’appelle Yvonne, il devient incomparable... il est impossible d’incarner plus exactement Paris ».

Pavillon Daunou
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
18 rue Daunou
Paris, 75002

+33 (0)1 42 86 52 89

Idéalement situé entre l’Opéra et la place Vendôme, cet espace événementiel en plein coeur de Paris, peut recevoir tous types d’événements, corporate ou privés. Chic, chaleureux, élégant et contemporain, le lieu est signé Sarah Lavoine et est orchestré par Kaspia Réceptions. Pour tous vos événements de 100 à 390 personnes ce lieu unique et exclusif promet de créer la surprise auprès de vos clients ou collaborateurs.

CATS - Le Musical
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue de Mogador
Paris, 75009

01 53 33 45 30

CATS - Le Musical
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue de Mogador
Paris, 75009

01 53 33 45 30

Theatre Du Mogador
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 Rue de Mogador, 75009 Paris
Paris, 75009

01 53 32 32 32

Athénée Théâtre Louis-Jouvet
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
square de l'Opéra Louis-Jouvet, 7 rue Boudreau
Paris, 75009

01 53 05 19 19

Théâtre public classé monument historique, l'Athénée donne à entendre de grands textes des répertoires théâtral et lyrique dans des mises en scène innovantes. Prix : de 6€ à 48€

Comédie Caumartin
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue Caumartin
Paris, 75009

01.47.42.43.41

Comédie Caumartin
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue Caumartin
Paris, 75009

01.47.42.43.41

Théâtre Caumartin
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25 rue Caumartin
Paris,

Opéra National de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
8 rue Scribe
Paris, 75009

0140011789

Pavillon Vendôme
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1! rue Daunou
Paris, 75002

Theâtre Mogador, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
25, rue de Mogador
Paris, 75009

Casinos Barrière
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
35, boulevard des capucines
Paris, 75002

Les Casinos Barrière sont de véritables complexes de divertissements et de loisirs. Pour boire un verre, déguster des mets préparés par les Chefs Barrière, apprécier un spectacle ou jouer, leur univers unique, qu’il soit feutré ou moderne, vous invitera à la fête et à la convivialité. Les Casinos Barrière ont été les premiers à développer le concept TITO (Ticket in Ticket Out), ce coupon papier de valeur sur lequel figure un code-barres et vos crédits gagnés. Petit à petit, il remplacera les jetons, pour une utilisation moderne des machines à sous. Toujours à la pointe de l’innovation, les Casinos Barrière vous ont aussi présenté la roulette anglaise électronique en avant-première l’année dernière. Les tables de jeu et le poker ne sont pas en reste. Poker rooms dédiées, roulette anglaise, black-jack… Tous les jeux sont dans les Casinos Barrière. Les Casinos Barrière accueillent aujourd’hui des tournois off et online, dont le Barrière Poker Tour.

Théâtre Edouard XII
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
10 Édouard VII Square
Paris, 75009

01 47 42 59 92

Paris Olympia
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris,

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Paris Olympia
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28, Boulevard des Capucines, 9th arrondissement
Paris,

Olympia is a music hall located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. Located at No. 28, Boulevard des Capucines, its closest métro/RER stations are Madeleine, Opéra, Havre – Caumartin and Auber.HistoryFounded in 1888, by Joseph Oller, the creator of the Moulin Rouge, today easily recognizable by its giant red glowing letters announcing its name. It opened in 1889 as the "Montagnes Russes" but was renamed the Olympia in 1893. Besides musicians, the Olympia played host to a variety of entertainment including circuses, ballets, and operettas. However, following a steady decline in appearances by the great stars, from 1929 until 1944 it served as a movie theater. It may have opened as a music hall under the German occupation of France during World War II, but certainly in 1945 after the Liberation, it was a music hall free to Allied troops in uniform. Attendees had to listen to the playing of four national anthems before the varied programs that always ended with a spirited can-can performed by dancers, some of whom were no longer young. Thereafter, at times it may have reverted to movies again until Bruno Coquatrix revived it as a music hall with a grand re-opening in February 1954. After his death, it ultimately went into another decline and was in danger of being torn down and turned into a parking lot but on 7 January 1993, France's then Minister of Culture, Jack Lang issued a preservation order for the Olympia that resulted in two years of construction work to rebuild a perfect replica of the façade and the grandeur of its famous red interior.

Local Business Near Opéra de Paris

Opera Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
10 Place de l'Opéra, Paris,Francia
Paris, France 75009

+33 892 89 90 90

Palais Garnier l’Opéra national de Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
8 Rue Scribe
Paris, France 75009

+33 892 89 90 90

Rue Scribe
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
rue scribe
Paris, France

Uniqlo Opera
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
17 rue Scribe
Paris, France 75009

01-58-18-30-55

Jasmine Cosmétique
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
12, rue Scribe
Paris, France 75009

0600000000

Galleria Lafayette,Parigi<3<3
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue La Fayette
Paris, France

Starbucks - Galeries Lafayette La Coupole
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
40, Bd Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

Terrasse des Galeries Lafayettes
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
40 boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

Galeries Lafayette Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Haussman
Paris, France 75009

Galeries Lafayette Haussmann
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
40 Boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

+33 (0)1.42.82.34.56

Galeries Lafayette
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
40 boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

Galeries Lafayettes, Bd Hausssman, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
40, Boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

+33 (0)1.42.82.34.56

Louis Vuitton Galerie Lafayette Haussmann
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
40 Boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

+33 1 53 25 08 90

Galeries Lafayette Paris Haussmann
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
40, Boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

01 42 82 34 56

Galleries Lafayette-Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
40 Boulevard Haussmann 75009 Paris, France
Paris, France 75009

+33 1 42 82 34 56

Le Printemps Paris Shoes
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
64 Boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

+33 (0) 14 282 4459

Tiffany & Co.
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
40 Boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

01 44 63 50 37

Since 1837, Tiffany & Co. has been the world's premier jeweler. Explore our collections of iconic engagement rings, cherished gifts and visionary jewelry designs, all crafted from the finest materials and most spectacular gemstones. Shop for engagement rings, watches, and timeless gifts in Paris, IdF.

Meetic
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
brochant...paris 750017
Paris, France 75009

06 55 69 63 23

Chloé
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1st floor - 40, boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

+33 1 45 26 64 87

Chloé is a luxury Paris fashion Maison founded on the principles of freedom, lightness and femininity. Visit us to discover the latest collection.

Palais Garnier - Opéra De Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
8 Rue Scribe, 75009 Paris
Paris, France 75009

+33 1 71 25 24 23