Marble Arch is a London Underground station in the City of Westminster. The station is between Lancaster Gate and Bond Street stations on the Central line, and is in Travelcard Zone 1.HistoryThe station was opened on 30 July 1900 by the Central London Railway (CLR).Like all the original stations on the CLR, Marble Arch was served by lifts to the platforms but the station was reconstructed in the early 1930s to accommodate escalators. This saw the closure of the original station building, designed by the architect Harry Bell Measures, that was situated on the corner of Quebec Street and Oxford Street, and a replacement sub-surface ticket hall opened further to the west. The new arrangements came into use on 15 August 1932. The original surface building was later demolished.The platforms, originally lined in plain white tiles, were refitted with decorative vitreous enamel panels in 1985. The panel graphics were designed by Annabel Grey.The station was modernised (2010) resulting in new finishes in all areas of the station, apart from the retention of various of the decorative enamel panels at platform level.The station todayThe station is named after the Marble Arch nearby and is located at the north east side of the Marble Arch junction, at the western end of Oxford Street.
Marylebone station, also known as London Marylebone, is a central London railway terminus and London Underground complex. It stands midway between the main line stations at Euston and Paddington, about 1 mile (1.6 km) from each.Originally the London terminus of the former Great Central Main Line to Sheffield and Manchester, which was closed north of Aylesbury in 1966, it now serves as the terminus of the Chiltern Main Line route to Birmingham, the London to Aylesbury Line (a remaining part of the former Great Central Line), and, in 2015 services commenced between Marylebone and, via a new chord connecting the Chiltern Main Line to the Oxford to Bicester Line.Marylebone is the Central London terminus for Chiltern Railways which provides a large number of commuter/regional services approximately due north-west principally along the M40 corridor to destinations in Buckinghamshire, parts of Oxfordshire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands.
Regent's Park tube station is a London Underground station by Regent's Park. It is on the Bakerloo line, between Baker Street and Oxford Circus. It is located on Marylebone Road between the two arms of Park Crescent in Travelcard Zone 1.HistoryThe station was opened on 10 March 1906 by the Baker Street & Waterloo Railway (BS&WR); in the original parliamentary authority for the construction of the BS&WR no station was allowed at Regent's Park. Permission was granted to add it to the already partially constructed line in 1904.Station designUnlike most of the BS&WR's other stations, Regent's Park has no surface buildings and is accessed from a subway. The station is served by lifts, and between 10 July 2006 and 14 June 2007 it was closed to allow essential refurbishment work on these and other parts of the station. There is also a staircase which can be used which has 96 steps.Nearby points of interest are Regent's Park itself, the Royal Academy of Music, the Royal College of Physicians, Holy Trinity Church, Portland Place and Harley Street.Great Portland Street station is within walking distance to the east for interchanges to the Circle and Metropolitan lines.
St. John's Wood is a London Underground station located in St John's Wood in the City of Westminster, north-west London. It was opened in 1939 as a stop on the Bakerloo line. Today St. John's Wood is served by the Jubilee line, between Swiss Cottage and Baker Street stations and is in Travelcard Zone 2. A journey between St. John's Wood and Baker Street typically takes less than three minutes.LocationThe station building is located on the corner of Acacia Road and Finchley Road and tube maps from late 1938 and early 1939 indicate that it was originally to be given the name Acacia Road or Acacia. This station is the nearest to Lord's Cricket Ground and Abbey Road Studios. The station is therefore not to be confused with Abbey Road DLR station in east London.HistoryThe station was opened on 20 November 1939 on a new section of deep-level tunnel constructed between Baker Street and Finchley Road when the Metropolitan line's services on its Stanmore branch were transferred to the Bakerloo line. It was transferred along with the rest of the Stanmore branch to the Jubilee line when it opened in 1979.
Local Business Near Marylebone Rail & Tube Station
The Tennis Company Distance: 1.4 miTourist Information 69 Clabon Mews London, United Kingdom SW1X0EQ
Apsley House, also known as Number One, London, is the London townhouse of the Dukes of Wellington. It stands alone at Hyde Park Corner, on the south-east corner of Hyde Park, facing south towards the busy traffic roundabout in the centre of which stands the Wellington Arch. It is a Grade I listed building.It is sometimes referred to as the Wellington Museum. The house is now run by English Heritage and is open to the public as a museum and art gallery, exhibiting 83 paintings from the Spanish royal collection. The 9th Duke of Wellington retains the use of part of the buildings. It is perhaps the only preserved example of an English aristocratic town house from its period. The practice has been to maintain the rooms as far as possible in the original style and decor. It contains the 1st Duke's collection of paintings, porcelain, the silver centrepiece made for the Duke in Portugal, c. 1815, sculpture and furniture. Antonio Canova's heroic marble nude of Napoleon as Mars the Peacemaker made 1802–10, holding a gilded Nike in the palm of his right hand, and standing to the raised left hand holding a staff. It was set up for a time in the Louvre and was bought by the Government for Wellington in 1816 (according to Nikolaus Pevsner) and stands in Adam's Stairwell.
No.4 Hamilton Place is as much about exceptional details as it is about an exceptional location. Not only is the building itself listed the bow windows and the baroque staircase are too, though those features are stunning, there is arguably even more delight in the very fine Edwardian details – from the door handles, Louis XVI gilt cornicing and chandeliers, right down to the magnificent window latches.
No.4 Hamilton Place may have an air of old luxury, but as far as service, comfort and technology are concerned, our guests demand the highest standards and services.
The eagerly awaited new gaming and entertainment venue spread over two floors, brings the Iconic Playboy Bunny back to Mayfair, 30 years after she left town.
Traditional table games with Bunny dealers coupled with the latest in electronic roulette and slots will be the place to place your bets.
The Ground floor has been designed to provide sexy yet sophisticated entertainment.
The highly acclaimed Salvatore Calabrese brings a mix of high class cocktails in his self titled bar, a great way to start your evening or end your day.
Want something with a little more energy, Baroque has the best of London's table service, naturally served by a Playboy Bunny.
Playboy Club London will be exclusive to members and offer the ultimate fora London entertainment venue, 24 hours a day.
To register your interest in membership visit www.playboyclublondon.com
Playboy Club Mayfair Distance: 1.4 miTourist Information 14 Old Park Lane, London, United Kingdom London, United Kingdom
The Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain is a memorial in London dedicated to Diana, Princess of Wales, who died in a car crash in 1997. It was designed to express Diana's spirit and love of children.The fountain is located in the southwest corner of Hyde Park, just south of the Serpentine lake and east of the Serpentine Gallery. Its cornerstone was laid in September 2003 and it was officially opened on 6 July 2004 by Queen Elizabeth II. Also present were Diana's younger brother Charles Spencer, her ex-husband Prince Charles, and her sons William and Harry.DesignThe fountain was designed by Kathryn Gustafson, an American landscape artist, and cost £3.6 million. Gustafson said she had wanted the fountain, which was built to the south of the Serpentine, to be accessible and to reflect Diana's "inclusive" personality. Gustafson said: "Above all I hope that it provides a fitting memorial for the princess and does credit to the amazing person that she was."ConstructionThe 545 individual pieces of Cornish granite were cut using sophisticated computer-guided cutting machines by S. McConnell & Sons, in Kilkeel, Northern Ireland.
The Athenaeum Hotel & Apartments | Luxury 5 Star Hotel In Mayfair Distance: 1.4 miTourist Information 116 Piccadilly London, United Kingdom W1J 7BJ
Marina Abramovic 512 Hours at Serpentine Gallery Distance: 1.4 miTourist Information Serpentine Gallery, Kensington Gardens, W2 3XA London, United Kingdom
Serpentine Gallery Kensington Gardens London W2 3XA Distance: 1.4 miTourist Information Kensington Gardens, London W2 3XA (Hyde Park) London, United Kingdom W2 3XA