Holy Trinity Church, South Kensington, is an Anglican church located on Prince Consort Road in the City of Westminster, London, England. The current building dates from 1901 and was built by George Frederick Bodley and Cecil Greenwood Hare.Edward Ashmore (British Army officer) and Gilbert Spencer were both married in the church.
An Anglican church of Anglo-Catholic tradition, founded in 1843 as part of the development of the Grosvenor Estate in north Belgravia. St Paul's today maintains a traditonal pattern of worship and daily prayer, a lively musical tradition and a commitment to good preaching and thoughtful Christian witness. The congregation is as eclectic as it is welcoming - and seeks to be open to all who come from all over the city (and indeed all over the world!), but above all it is a parish church, rooted in the local community.
Grosvenor Chapel is an Anglican church in what is now the City of Westminster, in England, built in 1730s. It inspired many churches in New England. It is situated on South Audley Street in Mayfair.HistoryThe foundation stone of the Grosvenor Chapel was laid on 7 April 1730 by Sir Richard Grosvenor, 4th Baronet, owner of the surrounding property, who had leased the site for 99 years at a peppercorn rent to a syndicate of four “undertakers” led by Benjamin Timbrell, a prosperous local builder.The new building was completed and ready to use by April 1731.Soon after the original 99-year lease ran out in 1829 the chapel was brought within the parochial system as a chapel of ease to St George's, Hanover Square.The chapel has been the spiritual home to a number of famous people including John Wilkes, Lady Mary Wortley Montagu, Garret Wesley, 1st Earl of Mornington, and his wife (parents to the Duke of Wellington), Florence Nightingale, U.S. General Dwight D. Eisenhower and Bishop Charles Gore.During the Second World War men and women of the American armed forces were welcomed to the chapel for their Sunday services, as recorded on a tablet outside the west wall, and after the war the congregation regularly included such people as the writer Rose Macaulay and Sir John Betjeman, Poet Laureate from 1972 until his death in 1984.
Farm Street, the Jesuit church in the Mayfair district of London, has a special place in the hearts of many people, Catholics and non-Catholics alike. For over a hundred and fifty years it has served a community drawn to this church by its reputation for spiritual and intellectual vigour. Many have regularly travelled some distance to worship in this church and to seek the help and advice of the succeeding generations of priests who have served here. Since 1966 the church has been at the heart of a parish in the centre of Mayfair. The Jesuit community here has always consisted of Priests and Brothers attached specifically to the church, working in other apostolates or in retirement. The Parish is more than a geographic one, attracting its congregation not only from all over London and its surrounds but visitors from all over the world.
Church should help us connect with God and each other. We shouldn’t be constrained or hindered by religion. We try to do church in a way that is accessible to everyone, whatever your experience of church and whatever you believe.
We’d rather go for it all then play it safe by being open to what God is doing. We also want to give away what we’ve received, to our local community, other churches and beyond!
The church is made up of people and people don’t always get it right. Everyone is welcome at St Mary’s just as they are.
It’s not always pretty but we always want to be a place where we can open ourselves to God and let him do what he wants to do.
We’re not a club – there’s no dress code and we’re not exclusive. We know we’re not for everyone but we’d love you to come and see if we’re right for you.
St Mary on Paddington Green is an Anglican church in the Parish of Little Venice, London and forms part of Paddington Green conservation area. It stands on the junction of Edgware Road and Harrow Road, overlooking Westway.It is the third church on the site – once forming a centrepiece of the ancient Paddington and Lilestone villages. John Donne preached his first sermon in the original church, while William Hogarth was married in the second.The current church is Georgian and was commissioned in 1788 and consecrated in 1791. Designed by John Plaw, and with a floorplan in the shape of a Greek Cross, it is built in yellow brick and dressed with white stone. It is Plaw's only confirmed surviving building in the UK, apart from Belle Isle on Windermere. A further building in Romford, known as The Round House, has been attributed to him. John Plaw later worked in Southampton before emigrating to Canada, where he designed several public and private buildings.
St Marylebone Parish Church is an Anglican church on the Marylebone Road in London. It was built to the designs of Thomas Hardwick in 1813–17. The present site is the third used by the parish for its church. The first was further south, near Oxford Street. The church there was demolished in 1400 and a new one erected further north. This was completely rebuilt in 1740–42, and converted into a chapel-of-ease when Hardwick's church was constructed. The Marylebone area takes its name from the church. Located behind the church is St Marylebone School, a Church of England school for girls.Previous churchesFirst churchThe first church for the parish was built in the vicinity of the present Marble Arch c.1200, and dedicated to St John the Evangelist.Second churchIn 1400 the Bishop of London gave the parishioners permission to demolish the church of St John and build a new one in a more convenient position, near a recently completed chapel, which could be used until the new church was completed. The bishop stipulated that the old churchyard should be preserved, but also gave permission to enclose a new burial ground at the new site, The church was dedicated to the Virgin Mary. It was closer to the village, at the north end of Marylebone High Street. Having fallen into a state of decay, it was demolished in 1740.
St Marylebone Parish Church is a place of active and engaged Christian witness, set at the very heart of central London. With a history stretching back nearly 900 years, we seek to offer God worship that has long been renowned for musical and liturgical excellence and to serve the diverse community in which we are set.
For more than 30 years, St Marylebone, just a few metres from Harley Street, has pioneered the work of Christian healing and, as well as being home to the internationally respected St Marylebone Healing and Counselling Centre, which offers low-cost analytical psychotherapy and spiritual direction, the Crypt at St Marylebone also houses an innovative NHS doctor’s surgery - the Marylebone Health Centre. Our work is enhanced by maintaining close and active links with some of medicine’s Royal Colleges and through our provision of chaplaincy to The London Clinic and King Edward VII’s Hospital.
St Marylebone has a flourishing Young Church which complements our two schools: The St Marylebone Church of England School, an Outstanding Academy, National Teaching School and Maths Hub, and The St Marylebone Church of England Bridge School, a Free Special School working with secondary school age students who have speech, language and communication difficulties. Alongside our two schools St Marylebone works closely with the Royal Academy of Music and the University of Westminster, providing chaplaincy services to both, and also with Regent’s University.
As a parish church in the Diocese of London, we share a vision of a Church for this great world city that is Christ-centred and outward looking. By God’s grace we seek to be more confident in speaking and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ, more compassionate in serving others with the love of God the Father and more creative in reaching new people and places in the power of the Spirit.
St Cyprian's Church is an Anglican church in the Marylebone district of London, UK, founded in 1866 by Father Charles Gutch. It is dedicated to Saint Cyprian, a third-century martyr and Bishop of Carthage and is located by the south-western corner of Regent's Park, next to Clarence Gate Gardens just off Baker Street.HistoryFather Charles Gutch, who was previously curate at St Matthias', Stoke Newington, St Paul's, Knightsbridge, and All Saints, Margaret Street, was anxious to acquire a church of his own in London, so that he could manage it in his own style. He proposed to build a mission church in a poor and neglected northeastern corner of Marylebone, which would require a portion of the parishes of St Marylebone and St Paul, Rossmore Road to be handed over. However, neither the Rector of St Marlebone nor the Vicar of St Paul's approved of the churchmanship of Father Gutch. Further, he proposed to dedicate the mission to St Cyprian of Carthage, explaining:This caused further difficulties, and only a few weeks before the mission was due to be opened, the Bishop of London protested, claiming that the dedication would be against his and his predecessor's rules, and suggested that the district be named after one of the Apostles instead. Farther Gurch pointed out that a number of other churches in the Diocese had recently been dedicated to other saints, and the dedication to St Cyprian was allowed to remain. It celebrated its first Eucharist on 29 March 1866.
We are family friendly growing church in North London. Our focal point of the week is the Parish Eucharist at 10.30 on a Sunday, where we meet to share in Holy Communion. We gather to give thanks together, and to explore the Christian Faith through opening the scriptures and sharing in the sacraments of the Church. St Mark's is a Church of England church in the Diocese of London.
If your interest is mainly architectural, you may be interested to know that the building is a large and fine Victorian church with many of the typical Victorian decorations, including a selection of particularly attractive mosaics and a highly decorated sanctuary.
We have recently reformed the church choir which is directed by a professional Director of Music. This year we have replaced the nave roof and future plans include the complete restoration of the church.
8.00am Morning Prayer (Said)
8.30am Holy Eucharist (1662)
10.30am Parish Eucharist, Sunday School & Crèche
Vicar: The Revd Aidan SG Platten
St John’s Wood – podziemna stacja metra w Londynie, położona w dzielnicy City of Westminster. Została otwarta w 1939 jako część Bakerloo Line. W 1979 została włączona do tworzonej wówczas Jubilee Line. Rocznie korzysta z niej ok. 6,65 mln pasażerów. Należy do drugiej strefy biletowej. Na stacji sprzedawane są pamiątki związane z zespołem The Beatles – to dlatego, iż w pobliżu znajduje się studio nagraniowe Abbey Road Studios, gdzie powstała większość ich przebojów.
Privée of Knightsbridge is one of London's leading late night supper club and entertainment venues. Privée brings together some of London's most decadent performance acts to our intimate stage whilst offering mouth watering gourmet menus and extensive champagne, wine, and cocktail lists.
The Jumeirah Carlton Tower is a hotel in London, England. Owned and managed by the Emirati firm Jumeirah, it is located on Cadogan Place next to Sloane Street and close to Harrods, Harvey Nichols and central Knightsbridge. There are three restaurants and bars which include The Rib Room Bar & Restaurant, and Chinoiserie.HistoryThe hotel opened on 5 January 1961 as The Carlton Tower, managed by Hotel Corporation of America. In 1970 that chain was renamed Sonesta Hotels, and the hotel was briefly renamed the Sonesta Tower Hotel. The hotel left Sonesta in 1971 and regained its original name. Hyatt Hotels assumed management in 1982 and the hotel was renamed the Hyatt Carlton Tower. When Hyatt's 20 year contract ran out, Jumeirah took over management in December 2001, and the hotel was renamed the Jumeirah Carlton Tower. In 2011, to celebrate its 50th year, the hotel published ‘All That Life Can Afford’.The hotel was voted "Best UK Business Hotel" at the Conde Nast Reader’s Travel Awards in 2008 as well as Conde Nast Middle East Readers’ Choice Awards 2013 - Best International Business Hotel.The hotel was awarded "England's Best Business Hotel" for three consecutive years (from 2011 to 2013) at the World Travel Awards and has been nominated every year since.The hotel found itself amid controversy in 2009 when The Telegraph reported a banker's naked corpse was found by a member of staff.
Caroline Castigliano Distance: 1.4 miTourist Information Knightsbridge, Oxford Circus, Bath, Guildford, Leeds & Edinburgh London, United Kingdom SW3 1