EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Real Casa de Correos, Madrid | Tourist Information


Plaza de la Puerta del Sol, 7
Madrid, Spain 28013


Community and Government Near Real Casa de Correos

Restaurante Lateral
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de Santa Ana, 12
Madrid, 28012

+34 914 20 15 82

Km 0
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Puerte del Sol, num.7
Madrid, 28000

Paseo del Prado
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Paseo del Prado, S/N
Madrid, 28014

The Paseo del Prado is one of the main boulevards in Madrid, Spain. The Paseo del Prado is the oldest historical urban in Madrid and was declared Bien de Interés Cultural (BIC). It runs north-south between the Plaza de Cibeles and the Plaza del Emperador Carlos V (also known as Plaza de Atocha), with the Plaza de Cánovas del Castillo (the location of the Fuente de Neptuno, and of the Ritz and Palace five-star hotels) lying approximately in the middle. The Paseo del Prado forms the southern end of the city's central axis (which continues to the north of Cibeles as the Paseo de Recoletos, and further north as the Paseo de la Castellana).This densely tree-lined, wide and centric avenue is a landmark for the city residents and the location of important cultural and tourist spots in the city, including the so-called Golden Triangle of Art, which encompasses three museums: the Prado Museum (with highlights such as Diego Velázquez's Las Meninas and Francisco de Goya's La maja vestida and La maja desnuda), the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum (housing a collection that spans eight centuries of European painting), and the Reina Sofia Museum (where Pablo Picasso's Guernica hangs, among a collection of 20th-century art). In the vicinity are located the Parque del Buen Retiro and the Casón del Buen Retiro (hosting the 19th-century collection of the Prado Museum), as well as the headquarters of the Real Academia Española (the Spanish language academy), the Bolsa de Madrid (the city's stock exchange), and the Congreso de los Diputados (the national congress).

Cortylandia
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Calle Del Maestro Victoria
Madrid, 28013

916 91 63 02

Plaza De Cascorro
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
C/. Embajadores 1
Madrid, 28005

+34 915 278 923

Españistan
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
carrera san jeronimo
Madrid, 28080

Senate of Spain
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Marina Española, 8
Madrid, 28013

+34 915 38 10 00

The Senate is the upper house of Spain's parliament, the Cortes Generales. It is made up of 265 members: 208 elected by popular vote, and 57 appointed by the regional legislatures. All senators serve four-year terms, though regional legislatures may recall their appointees at any time.The last election was held on 26 June 2016. The composition of the 12th Senate is:HistoryThe Spanish senate was instituted by the constitution of 1837 under the regency of Maria Christina of the Two Sicilies. It remained under the regimes of the constitutions of 1845, 1856, 1869 and 1876. It was composed, at that latter time, of three main categories: senators by their own right, senators for life and senators elected. This chamber was suppressed after the coup of General Miguel Primo de Rivera in 1923.Only after the Spanish transition to democracy in 1978 was it re-instituted.OrganizationSenators form groups along party lines. Parties with fewer than ten senators form the Mixed Group. If the membership of an existing group falls below six during a session, it is merged into the Mixed Group at the next session. For example, Coalición Canaria lost its senate caucus in 2008 after electoral losses reduced its group from six to two. The Basque Nationalist Party, falling from seven to four, "borrowed" senators from the ruling Socialist Party to form their group; in exchange, they supported the election of socialist Javier Rojo as President of the Senate. The PNV group is again under threshold after returning the borrowed Socialists, and it faces dissolution after the current session.

Telefónica Building
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Gran Vía 28
Madrid, 28004

915 22 66 45

The Telefónica Building, in Spanish Edificio Telefónica, is a skyscraper in Madrid, Spain. It is located in Gran Via 28.HistoryThe Telefónica Building was designed by Ignacio de Cárdenas, who conceived it after a previous study of Lewis S. Weeks in Manhattan. Even though the building is of American inspiration, Cárdenas touch can be felt in its churrigueresque exterior ornamentation, a nod to Madrid Baroque architecture.Its construction started in 1926 and it was fully completed in March 1929, despite opening its doors officially on 1 January 1930. The workforce was composed of more than 1000 workers and the final cost added up to 32 million pesetas. It became one of the first skyscrapers in Europe. It also held the Madrid height record by surpassing the Palacio de la Prensa, which it maintained until it was overtaken in 1953 by the Edificio España.During the Spanish Civil War it was used as an observatory by the Republican forces to watch the whereabouts of Francoist troops. This reason, and the fact of being the Office of Foreign Press, made it a target of bombings during the war. Ernest Hemingway, John Dos Passos and Antoine de Saint-Exupéry sent their reports from inside the premises.

Banco de España (Madrid Metro)
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
48 Calle de Alcalá
Madrid, 28014

913385000

Banco de España is a station on Line 2 of the Madrid Metro. located in the Center of Madrid in the Calle de Alcalá, next to the Plaza de Cibeles, perpendicular to the Paseo del Prado.HistoryBanco de España station opened on 14 June 1924 with the first stretch of Line 2 between Sol and Ventas. The station is named after Bank of Spain building located nearby. Another prominent monumets situated near this station are: Cibeles Fountain, Palacio de Linares, Círculo de Bellas Artes, The Communications Palace (currently the Madrid City Hall), the church of San José, the Palacio de Buenavista, the building of the Interior Ministry of Spain and the Fine Arts Theatre.

ministerio de Justicia, Madrid
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Plaza Jacinto Benavente, 3
Madrid, 28012

902 00 72 14

Real Academia de la Jurisprudencia y Legislación
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Marqués de Cubas, 13
Madrid, 28014

915216711

Centro De Estudios Políticos Y Constitucionales
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Plaza Marina Española, 9
Madrid, 28013

+34915401950

Plaza De Los Mostenses, 11
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Plaza De Los Mostenses 11
Madrid,

Ecologistas en Acción
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Marqués de Leganés, 12
Madrid, 28004

34 915 312 739

Confederación de grupos ecologistas del Estado español. Las líneas de acción son decididas democráticamente por los grupos, formados en su mayor parte por personas voluntarias.

Convent of Las Descalzas Reales
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
3 Calle de San Martín
Madrid, 28013

915212779

The Convent of Las Descalzas Reales is a royal monastery situated in Madrid, Spain, administered by the Patrimonio Nacional.HistoryThe Monasterio de las Descalzas Reales, literally the "Monastery of the Royal Barefoot ed", resides in the former palace of King Charles I of Spain and Isabel of Portugal. Their daughter, Joanna of Austria, founded this convent of nuns of the Poor Clare order in 1559. Throughout the remainder of the 16th century and into the 17th century, the convent attracted young widowed or spinster noblewomen. Each woman brought with her a dowry. The riches quickly piled up, and the convent became one of the richest convents in all of Europe. Tomás Luis de Victoria, Spain's finest Renaissance composer, worked at the convent from 1587 to the end of his life in 1611.The demographics of the convent slowly changed over time, and by the 20th century, all of the sisters were in poverty. The convent maintained the riches of its past, but it was forbidden to auction any of the items off or spend any of the money it received from the dowries. The state intervened when it saw that the sisters were poor, and the pope granted a special dispensation to open the convent as a museum in 1960.Alfonso, Duke of Anjou and Cádiz (died 1989) is buried in the Chapel of Saint John the Baptist next to his elder son Francisco de Asís (died 1984). Alfonso's younger brother Gonzalo (died 2000) is buried in the Chapel of Saint Sebastian.

San Cayetano Church, Madrid
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
c/. Embajadores, 15
Madrid, 28005

915 27 07 90

The Church of Saint Cajetan, known as the church of San Millán y San Cayetano is a Baroque church in Madrid, Spain.HistoryThe present church was built adjacent to the now absent Convent of Nuestra Señora del Favor . It was built at the site of an oratory dedicated to St. Mark and Our Lady of the Graces, and founded in 1612 by Diego de Vera y Ordóñez de Villaquián. Thirty two years later, the father Plácido Mirto establishes a Convent of the Theatine Order. The church is dedicated to the founder of the order, Saint Cajetan of Thiene. In 1822, the remaining monks were moved to a convent in Zaragoza, and the convent, which had suffered depredations during the Napoleonic occupation of the peninsula, was ceded temporarily to the Franciscans of San Gil. In 1836, after the Desamortización de Mendizábal, the convent building becomes private apartments. In 1869, the church is joined to the parish of the demolished Saint Millán Abad. On July 19, 1936, arson gutted all but the facade. In 1960, reconstruction began on the church. In 1980 San Cayetano was declared a Bien de Interés Cultural by the Spanish government.DescriptionConstruction of the church began in 1669 by the architect Marcos López. Work was continued by others, including likely José de Churriguera and Pedro de Ribera, and not completed till 1761 by Francisco de Moradillo.

Casa de Madrid
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Arrieta 2
Madrid, 28013

+34 915 595 791

CCOO Comisiones Obreras
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Fernandez de la Hoz, 12
Madrid, 28010

917028000

CCOO es además un sindicato plural, al servicio de todos los trabajadores y trabajadoras, un sindicato sociopolítico, internacionalista, pluriético y multicultural, solidario con todos los pueblos del mundo que luchan por las libertades democráticas y promotor de los valores como el respeto, la tolerancia y la convivencia entre los miembros de las distintas etnias y pueblos.

Palacio del Senado
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
10 Plaza de la Marina Española
Madrid, 28013

O Palacio del Senado é a sede do Senado da Espanha, a câmara alta das Cortes Generales. Fica localizado na Plaza de la Marina, em Madrid.HistóriaO Palacio del Senado foi construído no século XVI para abrigar o Colegio de La Encarnación, de propriedade dos Agostinianos. O Colégio foi durante séculos uma das mais destacadas instituições religiosas da Corte espanhola, contendo ainda obras de imensurável valor histórico, como pinturas de El Greco (hoje exibidas no Museu do Prado).Em 1814, pela primeira vez o local sediou uma reunião parlamentar: as Cortes de Cádis. Voltou a sediá-las entre 1820 e 1823, durante o período conhecido como Triênio liberal. Em 1834, o Colegio foi escolhido para abrigar o Estamento de Próceres, a então câmara alta espanhola. Perdeu esta função somente na década de 1920, quando o ditador Primo de Rivera dissolveu as Cortes e estabeleceu a Asamblea Nacional Consultiva, de sistema unicameral. Durante a Segunda República, o unicameralismo foi mantido e a Corte passou a se reunir no Palácio de Cristal del Retiro.

Church of San José
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Alcalá, 43
Madrid, 28014

915 22 67 84

The Church of San José is a church located in Madrid, Spain. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1995.

Calle De Estudios
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Calle de los Estudios 12
Madrid, 28012

Iglesia del Sacramento
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Calle del Sacramento, 11
Madrid, 28005

The Iglesia del Sacramento is a 17th-century, Baroque-style, Roman Catholic church located in Madrid, Spain. Since 1980 is the Military Cathedral of Spain and the seat of the Military Archbishop of Spain. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1982.

Santa Cruz Palace, Madrid
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Provincia, 1
Madrid, 28012

The Palacio de Santa Cruz or Palace of the Holy Cross is a baroque building in central Madrid, Spain. It now houses the foreign ministry or Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores de España. It was used as a jail until the reign of Philip IV of Spain, when it was converted into a palace.Construction was commissioned in 1629 by Philip IV to house both courts and jail facilities. The architect Juan Gómez de Mora worked on it from 1629-1636, and later other architects like José de Villareal, Bartolomé Hurtado García, and José del Olmo added elements.In 1767 it changed from jail to the Palacio de Santa Cruz, due to its proximity to the church of Santa Cruz. A fire destroyed all but the facade in 1791.Sources History of the Palacio de Santa Cruz by Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores Palacio de Santa Cruz. Entrada de Madrid Histórico

Asociación de Mujeres de Guatemala AMG
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
C/Toledo 49 2º izq. 28005. Madrid, España.
Madrid, 28005

+ 34 910092663

La Asociación de Mujeres de Guatemala AMG es una organización feminista, no gubernamental, sin ánimo de lucro, integrada en sus inicios por mujeres guatemaltecas refugiadas, desplazadas y migrantes, residentes en España. Actualmente, AMG es una agrupación diversa formada por mujeres diferentes orígenes nacionales, con un objetivo común: la búsqueda de fórmulas para que las graves violaciones a los Derechos Humanos de las mujeres, en especial de Guatemala y de Latinoamérica, se conozcan internacionalmente, y se asuman como una responsabilidad global. Conscientes de que la violencia sexista globalizada se constituye en garante del orden social basado en la exclusión de las mujeres, trabajamos en coordinación con diferentes entidades, públicas y privadas, a favor de la prevención, sanción y erradicación de todas las formas de violencia contra las mujeres. Por esta razón, una de nuestras actividades principales es la denuncia y visibilización de los feminicidios. Estamos comprometidas con el desarrollo de la presencia social de las mujeres, con su inclusión y representación en los espacios culturales, económicos y políticos. Con tal fin detectamos y denunciamos situaciones de desigualdad e injusticia social que impiden su empoderamiento el ejercicio pleno de su ciudadanía. Asimismo, potenciamos sinergias que impulsan y promueven iniciativas, viables y sostenibles, destinadas a contribuir con la igualdad real y efectiva.

Nuevo Partido Patriota Español
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
07123
Madrid, 071433

Real Academia de la Historia
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle de León, 21
Madrid, 28014

+34 914 290 611

'' is a Spanish institution based in Madrid that studies history "ancient and modern, political, civil, ecclesiastical, military, scientific, of letters and arts, that is to say, the different branches of life, of civilisation, and of the culture of the Spanish people".The Academy was established in 1738. Since 1836 it has occupied an 18th-century building designed by the neoclassical architect Juan de Villanueva.CollectionsAs formerly the main Spanish institution for antiquaries, the Academy retains significant libraries and collections of antiquities, which cannot be seen by the public. The keeper of antiquities is the prehistorian Martín Almagro Gorbea.Items held include: The Glosas Emilianenses The Roda Codex The Missorium of Theodosius I, a large ceremonial silver dish, probably made in Constantinople for the tenth anniversary (decennalia) in 388 of the reign of the Emperor Theodosius I, the last Emperor to rule both the Eastern and Western Empires. It is one of the best surviving examples of Late Antique Imperial imagery and one of finest examples of late Roman goldsmith work.CriticismSome Spanish historians consider it an obsolete misogynist institution, that still considers history as a matter of kings and battles.

Colectivo Hetaira
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
calle Fuencarral, 18
Madrid, 28004

mejor escríbenos: [email protected] gracias

Hetaira es el nombre que se les daba en la antigua Grecia a mujeres libres, independientes, que ejercían la prostitución y que disponían de una esmerada educación y, algunas, gran influencia y prestigio social. El Colectivo Hetaira nació el 12 de marzo de 1995, a iniciativa de un grupo de mujeres, de las cuales algunas ejercían la prostitución y otras, otro tipo de trabajo. En esos momentos se creó la necesidad de organizarse para combatir el estigma social que recae sobre las prostitutas; para defender sus derechos: a trabajar tranquilas, a organizarse, a sindicarse, a cotizar; para denunciar las agresiones físicas, los chantajes; los abusos de poder y para favorecer su organización en defensa de sus intereses como trabajadoras.

Medicina naturista
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
c/ave maria sn
Madrid, 28018

91303....

Landmark Near Real Casa de Correos

Km 0
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Puerte del Sol, num.7
Madrid, 28000

Restaurante el botin. El mas antiguo del mundo-1725
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Los Cuchilleros 17
Madrid, 28005

+34 913 66 42 17

Restaurante El Sobrino De Botin
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
c/ Cuchilleros,17
Madrid, 28005

Restaurante Botin
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
C/ CUCHILLEROS 17
Madrid, 28005

91 366 42 17

Bienvenidos al Restaurante más antiguo del Mundo según Record Guiness. Donde la mezcla de sabor, calidad y amabilidad son nuestra carta de presentación Reserva de Mesa : http://botin.es/web/?q=es/reservas. Calle Cuchilleros 17 Madrid 28005 Reserva telefónica: +34 91 366 42 17

Callao (Madrid)
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Calle Preciados, 35 3°, Dcha
Madrid, 28004

Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
calle Alcalá 13 28014 Madrid, Spagna
Madrid, 28014

La Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando es una institución integrada en el Instituto de España. Fue creada por Real Decreto de 12 de abril de 1752 y su sede está en Madrid .HistoriaSus orígenes se relacionan con la Ilustración. En 1744 se constituyó una Junta Preparatoria en las habitaciones que en el Palacio Nuevo tenía el Primer Escultor del Rey, Juan Domingo Olivieri, principal promotor de su formación. Desde 1741 Olivieri mantenía una academia de escultura en sus habitaciones y desempeñó el cargo de director general al crearse la nueva institución. Sus primeros estatutos fueron aprobados en 1747, primándose en ellos el estamento nobiliario. El mismo año, el rey Fernando VI, que había permanecido al margen de la creación, nombró a su escultor personal, Felipe de Castro, recientemente retornado de Italia, «maestro director extraordinario de escultura en la Academia», de forma que la nueva institución se hacía así dependiente de la Corona. La creación oficial data del 12 de abril de 1752, colocándose bajo el patrocinio del Rey Fernando VI, quien la llamó Real Academia de las Tres Nobles Artes de San Fernando. En 1753 tres artistas italianos compartieron su dirección: Olivieri, Corrado Giaquinto y Juan Bautista Sachetti. Los estatutos definitivos se aprobaron en 1757, confiando a la Academia la promoción y protección de las Artes. Su principal redactor fue Felipe de Castro, quien suprimió el carácter aristocrático de los primeros estatutos, confiando la dirección de la Academia a los artistas.

Puerta Del Sol, O Km. Madrid, Centro
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Puerta del Sol
Madrid, 28013

San Isidro Church, Madrid
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Toledo, 37
Madrid, 28012

The church of San Isidro el Real, also known as the Colegiata or Collegiate Church of San Isidore, is a Baroque church in the centre of Madrid, Spain. It is named after and holds the remains of the patron saint of Madrid, Isidore the Laborer and his wife Santa María de la Cabeza.HistoryThe temple is due to a design by the architect Pedro Sánchez in 1620. The works, began two years later and they were directed by the architect until his death in 1633. They were later continued by Francisco Bautista and Melchor de Bueras, who finished the construction in 1664. The church replaced the parish of St. Peter and St. Paul (16th century), which was demolished to create the early Imperial College, following the instructions left in her will by Empress Mary of Austria (1528-1608), daughter of Charles I and sister to King Phillip II of Spain. The Empress bequeathed his fortune to the Jesuits Order so that a new building was to be built on the site of the demolished parish church.The temple was consecrated on 23 September 1651, thirteen years before its completion. It was initially attached to before mentioned Jesuits order and placed under the avocation of St. Francis Xavier, one of the most distinguished Jesuits member and Saint patron of the Catholic Missions. However, in 1767, with the expulsion of the Jesuits, the temple became a collegiate church.Two years later, in 1769, the temple came under the patronage of Saint Isidro, coinciding with the transfer of the saint's body from the Church of St. Andrew. St. Isidro is the Saint protector of the city of Madrid and his remaining had been guarded since the sixteenth century in the Bishop's Chapel at St. Andrew church. The relics of his wife Saint Mary of the Head were also transferred.

Museo Reina Sofia Palacio De Velázquez Parque Del Retiro Madrid España
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Gran Vía
Madrid, 28013

Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
calle Alcalá 13 28014 Madrid, Spagna
Madrid, 28014

915221491

The Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando, located on the Calle de Alcalá in the heart of Madrid, currently functions as a museum and gallery.The academy was established by royal decree in 1744. About twenty years later, the enlightened monarch, Charles III purchased a palace in Madrid as the academy's new home. The building had been designed by José Benito de Churriguera for the Goyeneche family. The king commissioned Diego de Villanueva to convert the building for academic use, employing a neoclassical style in place of Churriguera's baroque design.Doubling as a museum and gallery, today it houses a fine art collection of paintings from the 15th to 20th century: Arcimboldo, Giovanni Bellini, Correggio, Guido Reni, Rubens, Zurbarán, Murillo, Fragonard, Goya, Juan Gris, Pablo Serrano, among others. The academy is also the headquarters of the Madrid Academy of Art.Francisco Goya was once one of the academy's directors, and its alumni include Felip Pedrell, Pablo Picasso, Salvador Dalí, Antonio López García, Juan Luna, Oscar de la Renta and Fernando Botero.

Telefónica Building
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Gran Vía 28
Madrid, 28004

915 22 66 45

The Telefónica Building, in Spanish Edificio Telefónica, is a skyscraper in Madrid, Spain. It is located in Gran Via 28.HistoryThe Telefónica Building was designed by Ignacio de Cárdenas, who conceived it after a previous study of Lewis S. Weeks in Manhattan. Even though the building is of American inspiration, Cárdenas touch can be felt in its churrigueresque exterior ornamentation, a nod to Madrid Baroque architecture.Its construction started in 1926 and it was fully completed in March 1929, despite opening its doors officially on 1 January 1930. The workforce was composed of more than 1000 workers and the final cost added up to 32 million pesetas. It became one of the first skyscrapers in Europe. It also held the Madrid height record by surpassing the Palacio de la Prensa, which it maintained until it was overtaken in 1953 by the Edificio España.During the Spanish Civil War it was used as an observatory by the Republican forces to watch the whereabouts of Francoist troops. This reason, and the fact of being the Office of Foreign Press, made it a target of bombings during the war. Ernest Hemingway, John Dos Passos and Antoine de Saint-Exupéry sent their reports from inside the premises.

Palace
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Plaza Isabel II, 7
Madrid, 28013

+34 915 418 230

Cines Capitol
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
C/ Gran Vía, 41
Madrid, 28013

+34 902 33 32 31

San Sebastian Church, Madrid
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Atocha, 39
Madrid, 28012

955 685 768

La iglesia de san Sebastián es una de las iglesias del casco histórico de Madrid, situada en la calle de Atocha, n.º 39, en el antiguo barrio de las Musas.Es conocida por albergar los restos mortales del dramaturgo Lope de Vega, aunque hoy se desconoce su situación exacta, y por los personajes célebres de todo tipo que se contaron entre su feligresía.HistoriaEl origen de su nombre se debe a una ermita que se encontraba en el camino hacia el Santuario de Nuestra Señora de Atocha, sobre el que se funda en 1541. Por entonces estaba probablemente aneja a la Parroquia de la Santa Cruz. Al constituirse en parroquia independiente a los pocos años, se le asignan parte de los feligreses de ésta. Hacia 1550 el primitivo edificio es demolido por amenazar ruina. Se compra en 1553 el actual solar de la calle Atocha, y de 1554 a 1575 es levantado el edificio bajo la dirección de Antonio Sillero, que realiza también la actualmente conocida como capilla del Sagrado Corazón. Esta iglesia, junto con la de san Luis (desaparecida), conservaban el derecho de asilo, es decir, se podían refugiar en ellas quienes temían la persecución de la justicia.A lo largo de los años se irían añadiendo nuevas capillas. Las ampliaciones fueron obra de Antonio de la Tijera, Juan de Bulga Valdelastras y Juan de Obregón (maestros de obras) entre 1595 y 1598. La torre de la iglesia fue construida en 1612 por Lucas Hernández. Ángel Fernández de los Ríos —en su Guía de Madrid, de 1876— sitúa la fundación de la cofradía de comediantes de la Virgen de la Novena, el 24 de julio de 1624, por los «representantes» (actores), «autores» (empresarios) y dramaturgos de la villa, en la parroquia de San Sebastián (en cuyo pequeño camposanto consta que se depositaron los restos mortales del «Fénix de los Ingenios», Lope de Vega).

San Sebastian Church, Madrid
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Atocha, 39
Madrid, 28012

955 685 768

La iglesia de san Sebastián es una de las iglesias del casco histórico de Madrid, situada en la calle de Atocha, n.º 39, en el antiguo barrio de las Musas.Es conocida por albergar los restos mortales del dramaturgo Lope de Vega, aunque hoy se desconoce su situación exacta, y por los personajes célebres de todo tipo que se contaron entre su feligresía.HistoriaEl origen de su nombre se debe a una ermita que se encontraba en el camino hacia el Santuario de Nuestra Señora de Atocha, sobre el que se funda en 1541. Por entonces estaba probablemente aneja a la Parroquia de la Santa Cruz. Al constituirse en parroquia independiente a los pocos años, se le asignan parte de los feligreses de ésta. Hacia 1550 el primitivo edificio es demolido por amenazar ruina. Se compra en 1553 el actual solar de la calle Atocha, y de 1554 a 1575 es levantado el edificio bajo la dirección de Antonio Sillero, que realiza también la actualmente conocida como capilla del Sagrado Corazón. Esta iglesia, junto con la de san Luis (desaparecida), conservaban el derecho de asilo, es decir, se podían refugiar en ellas quienes temían la persecución de la justicia.A lo largo de los años se irían añadiendo nuevas capillas. Las ampliaciones fueron obra de Antonio de la Tijera, Juan de Bulga Valdelastras y Juan de Obregón (maestros de obras) entre 1595 y 1598. La torre de la iglesia fue construida en 1612 por Lucas Hernández. Ángel Fernández de los Ríos —en su Guía de Madrid, de 1876— sitúa la fundación de la cofradía de comediantes de la Virgen de la Novena, el 24 de julio de 1624, por los «representantes» (actores), «autores» (empresarios) y dramaturgos de la villa, en la parroquia de San Sebastián (en cuyo pequeño camposanto consta que se depositaron los restos mortales del «Fénix de los Ingenios», Lope de Vega).

Centro Gallego de Madrid
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
C/ Carretas 14, 3º
Madrid, 28012

915 32 30 01

El Centro Gallego de Madrid es una institución fundada en el año 1982. Mantenemos el firme y decidido compromiso de divulgar la identidad y cultura gallegas a través de numerosas actividades (cursos de formación, exposiciones, conferencias, conciertos, encuentros, etc.). También contamos con un restaurante en el que degustar las mejor cocina tradicional gallega. El Centro está abierto a nuestros socios, gallego-descendientes y a todo el público en general.

DT Espacio Escénico
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
C/ Reina 9
Madrid, 28004

+34 915 217 155

Convent of Las Descalzas Reales
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
3 Calle de San Martín
Madrid, 28013

915212779

The Convent of Las Descalzas Reales is a royal monastery situated in Madrid, Spain, administered by the Patrimonio Nacional.HistoryThe Monasterio de las Descalzas Reales, literally the "Monastery of the Royal Barefoot ed", resides in the former palace of King Charles I of Spain and Isabel of Portugal. Their daughter, Joanna of Austria, founded this convent of nuns of the Poor Clare order in 1559. Throughout the remainder of the 16th century and into the 17th century, the convent attracted young widowed or spinster noblewomen. Each woman brought with her a dowry. The riches quickly piled up, and the convent became one of the richest convents in all of Europe. Tomás Luis de Victoria, Spain's finest Renaissance composer, worked at the convent from 1587 to the end of his life in 1611.The demographics of the convent slowly changed over time, and by the 20th century, all of the sisters were in poverty. The convent maintained the riches of its past, but it was forbidden to auction any of the items off or spend any of the money it received from the dowries. The state intervened when it saw that the sisters were poor, and the pope granted a special dispensation to open the convent as a museum in 1960.Alfonso, Duke of Anjou and Cádiz (died 1989) is buried in the Chapel of Saint John the Baptist next to his elder son Francisco de Asís (died 1984). Alfonso's younger brother Gonzalo (died 2000) is buried in the Chapel of Saint Sebastian.

Cines Acteón
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
C/ Montera 29
Madrid, 28013

+34 915 222 281

Centro Cultural de los Ejércitos
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Gran Vía 13
Madrid, 28013

+34 915 222 309

Real Colegiata de San Isidro
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Toledo, 37
Madrid,

Santa Cruz Palace, Madrid
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Provincia, 1
Madrid, 28012

The Palacio de Santa Cruz or Palace of the Holy Cross is a baroque building in central Madrid, Spain. It now houses the foreign ministry or Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores de España. It was used as a jail until the reign of Philip IV of Spain, when it was converted into a palace.Construction was commissioned in 1629 by Philip IV to house both courts and jail facilities. The architect Juan Gómez de Mora worked on it from 1629-1636, and later other architects like José de Villareal, Bartolomé Hurtado García, and José del Olmo added elements.In 1767 it changed from jail to the Palacio de Santa Cruz, due to its proximity to the church of Santa Cruz. A fire destroyed all but the facade in 1791.Sources History of the Palacio de Santa Cruz by Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores Palacio de Santa Cruz. Entrada de Madrid Histórico

Santa Cruz Palace, Madrid
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Provincia, 1
Madrid, 28012

The Palacio de Santa Cruz or Palace of the Holy Cross is a baroque building in central Madrid, Spain. It now houses the foreign ministry or Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores de España. It was used as a jail until the reign of Philip IV of Spain, when it was converted into a palace.Construction was commissioned in 1629 by Philip IV to house both courts and jail facilities. The architect Juan Gómez de Mora worked on it from 1629-1636, and later other architects like José de Villareal, Bartolomé Hurtado García, and José del Olmo added elements.In 1767 it changed from jail to the Palacio de Santa Cruz, due to its proximity to the church of Santa Cruz. A fire destroyed all but the facade in 1791.Sources History of the Palacio de Santa Cruz by Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores Palacio de Santa Cruz. Entrada de Madrid Histórico

Urban Jungle
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle Fuencarral 5
Madrid, 28004

+34915324829

Urban Jungle is an international franchise project, in partnership with the best brands, which was founded with the goal of being the reference point for all consumers who are looking for the latest, authentic, innovative, exclusive products, that starting from world of sports are part of urban culture: limited editions, most popular sneakers, trendy accessories, and collaborations with major international brands artists. Urban Jungle franchise opened its doors in Malta over a decade ago and set its course to Italy, Spain and across North Africa. To date there are +40 stores with more new stores in the pipeline over the next few months. The retail scenario offers consumers a wide choice of buying opportunities. Urban Jungle is not a simple sneaker store but a point of reference for the street culture. The success of our business is simple: satisfy the expectations, desires and needs of our customers. The store concept is thought to have a cool expo format, a unique image, where world of sports collections and meet those of street culture.

Real Academia de la Historia
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Calle de León, 21
Madrid, 28014

+34 914 290 611

'' is a Spanish institution based in Madrid that studies history "ancient and modern, political, civil, ecclesiastical, military, scientific, of letters and arts, that is to say, the different branches of life, of civilisation, and of the culture of the Spanish people".The Academy was established in 1738. Since 1836 it has occupied an 18th-century building designed by the neoclassical architect Juan de Villanueva.CollectionsAs formerly the main Spanish institution for antiquaries, the Academy retains significant libraries and collections of antiquities, which cannot be seen by the public. The keeper of antiquities is the prehistorian Martín Almagro Gorbea.Items held include: The Glosas Emilianenses The Roda Codex The Missorium of Theodosius I, a large ceremonial silver dish, probably made in Constantinople for the tenth anniversary (decennalia) in 388 of the reign of the Emperor Theodosius I, the last Emperor to rule both the Eastern and Western Empires. It is one of the best surviving examples of Late Antique Imperial imagery and one of finest examples of late Roman goldsmith work.CriticismSome Spanish historians consider it an obsolete misogynist institution, that still considers history as a matter of kings and battles.

La tienda de moda de tallas grandes
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Angela Cufi
Madrid, 28039

915 700 420

Local Business Near Real Casa de Correos

KFC Puerta del Sol, Madrid
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
c/. Mayor, 1
Madrid, Spain 28013

Km 0
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Puerte del Sol, num.7
Madrid, Spain 28000

Catedral de Toledo
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Puerta del Sol
Toledo, Spain 28013

925222241

La Mallorquina
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Calle Mayor 2
Madrid, Spain 28013

+34 915 21 12 01

Palazzo
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Puerta del Sol 11
Madrid, Spain 28013

91-5226763

Almacén de Pontejos
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de Pontejos, 2 Local
Madrid, Spain 28012

915 21 55 94

La auténtica mercería Pontejos con más de 100 años de historia dedicada a las lanas, labores, costura y manualidades en el centro de Madrid.

El Corte Inglés
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Calle Preciados, 2
Madrid, Spain 28013

(34) 913 79 80 00

Casa de Diego
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Puerta del Sol, 12
Madrid, Spain 28013

915 31 02 23

Mercería Almacén de Pontejos
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de Pontejos, 2
Madrid, Spain 28012

915215594

Fundada en 1913 por Antonio Ubillos, esta empresa se conoce hoy día como “Almacén de Pontejos”, de nombre “Sucesores de Antonio Ubillos S.A.". Estamos especializados en productos de mercería, y también disponemos de varios artículos de lencería, camisería, accesorios para la vestimenta y para el hogar. Antonio Ubillos Baztarrica, el fundador, era un joven guipuzcoano que llegó a Madrid para trabajar como aprendiz en la mercería de su tío. Fundado en 1860 por el madrileño Ángel Caso, el local se hallaba justo en frente donde años después, en 1913 el 1º de Mayo abriría su propia mercería. Su establecimiento, que ya en la fachada se anunciaba como de “Novedades, Bordados y Encajes”, fue a ocupar la planta baja de la que todavía en la actualidad es conocida como Casa del Cordero. Un bloque de seis viviendas que se hallan en la manzana entre la Puerta del Sol, las calles Mayor, Esparteros y Correo y la plaza de Pontejos, formando un conjunto uniforme. La Casa del Cordero se edificó entre 1842 y 1845 por orden de Santiago Alonso Cordero, concejal del Ayuntamiento de Madrid, en los terrenos correspondientes al antiguo solar del convento agustino de San Felipe el Real. Convento derribado en 1839 durante el periodo de ocupación francesa en España. Desde su fundación, la planta baja de la Casa del Cordero se destinó a locales comerciales, mientras que las viviendas ocupaban los pisos superiores. En una de esos pisos, en el número 1 de calle del Marqués Viudo de Pontejos, donde ahora se encuentra el Instituto de Reformas Sociales, murió el 11 de marzo de 1857 el poeta Manuel José Quintana. En la fachada hay una lápida conmemorativa. En el número 1 de plaza de Pontejos (con el número 4 de calle del Correo), Antonio Ubillos abrió su almacén. El origen histórico del edificio explica en parte por qué la tienda se ha conservado más o menos igual desde su fundación. Al formar parte integral de un edificio protegido, que goza del estatus de “nivel 1 singular” (el máximo grado de protección posible) una reforma estructural no obtendría jamás los permisos administrativos necesarios. La fidelidad a la tradición forma parte del ADN de este comercio centenario, que como enclave del particular interés histórico y cultural está incluido en las rutas turísticas de la ciudad de Madrid.

Lotería Sol. La lotería de los gordos
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Puerta del Sol 12
Madrid, Spain 28012

91 521 55 45

Si tenemos que contar la historia de esta administración, deberíamos trasladarnos casi a la época de la construcción del edificio, a mediados del siglo XIX, ya que existen fotos muy antiguas de aquella época en las que ya se podía leer en un cartel de la fachada la palabra “LOTERÍA”. Por entonces, el edificio tenía el nº 13 de la Puerta del Sol (actualmente es el nº 12). Y aunque en la guerra del 36 cayó una bomba sobre la puerta de nuestro negocio, la diosa fortuna que debió de pasar por allí quiso que este local siguiera siendo una lotería. Todo lo que rodea a esta “LOTERÍA SOL” , “LA LOTERÍA DE LOS GORDOS”, es fortuna y azar, porque la suerte quiso que en el año 1959 Ángel de Marco, un farmacéutico, terminara dirigiendo una administración de loterías, en una época en la que la mayoría de las loterías estaban dirigidas por mujeres. La preparación, el espíritu innovador y comercial de Ángel, hizo que esta administración se convirtiese en una de las más famosas de España, pudiendo repartir muchos premios entre sus clientes. Los años pasaron y a este local volvió otra mujer con magia y suerte, porque desde el año 2000, Paloma de Marco regenta la “LOTERÍA SOL”,” LA LOTERÍA DE LOS GORDOS”. También se han dado muchos premios, entre ellos el Gordo de Navidad y el del Niño. Aunque su padre puso el listón muy alto, Paloma no se duerme, está siempre pendiente de sus clientes y de las mejoras que puede hacer para atenderlos eficazmente, como ella sabe que se merecen. El cliente es lo más importante.

McDonald's Esparteros
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
C/ Esparteros, nº 1
Madrid, Spain 28012

(91) 532.45.72

Casa Labra
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Tetuán 12
Madrid, Spain 28013

+34 915 310 081

Mi Abuela No Lo Entiende
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
C/ Esparteros, 1 3º-Of. 3
Madrid, Spain 28012

(+34) 91 521 43 47

Muchas veces, las reglas sobre el cómo debe ser están escritas en la memoria del tiempo. Nuestro trabajo se hace más interesante cuando comenzamos a eliminar protocolos, a enunciar el “¿y por qué no?” Entonces, todo se vuelve más divertido. Estamos convencidos de que la creatividad es contagiosa. Aquí no es un proceso de trabajo, es el ambiente en el que nos movemos cada día. “Qué pasaría si…” es un reflejo de nuestra infancia, que sólo recuperamos si todo lo que nos rodea nos invita a volver a jugar. Mandan las ideas, las buenas ideas. Ellas son las únicas que pueden convertir una página de prensa, un site o un logotipo en algo más. Ellas son lo que nos diferencia del resto. Lo más urgente en un proyecto, cualquier proyecto, son las ideas. Marcarnos resultados que parecen inalcanzables puede parecer cosa de locos, pero cuando eres el primero en alcanzar el éxito en algo supone una sensación imposible de explicar. Y es que nunca sabes de lo que eres capaz, hasta que lo intentas.

PRONOVIAS ARENAL MADRID
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
ARENAL, 3
Madrid, Spain 28013

900 100 075

Puerta Del Sol, O Km. Madrid, Centro
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Puerta del Sol
Madrid, Spain 28013

Apple Store Madrid Sol
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Puerta del Sol, 1 28013
Madrid, Spain 28013

917699100

Nash 19
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Calle de Esparteros, 6
Madrid, Spain 28012

915 22 00 60

Taberna Malaespina
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Cádiz, 9
Madrid, Spain

Puerta de El Sol
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Plaza de la Puerta del Sol, 1
Madrid, Spain

La Negra Tomasa
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
C/. Cádiz 9
Madrid, Spain 28012

+34 915 235 830