EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Eglise Notre Dame de Paris, Paris | Tourist Information


6, place du parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

01 42 34 56 10

Catholic Church Near Eglise Notre Dame de Paris

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
6, Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75015

+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Notre Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France 75004

Notre-Dame de Paris, also known as Notre-Dame Cathedral or simply Notre-Dame, is a medieval Catholic cathedral on the Île de la Cité in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, France. The cathedral is widely considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, and is among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world. The naturalism of its sculptures and stained glass are in contrast with earlier Romanesque architecture.As the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Paris, Notre-Dame contains the cathedra of the Archbishop of Paris, currently Cardinal André Vingt-Trois. The cathedral treasury contains a reliquary which houses some of Catholicism's most important relics, including the purported Crown of Thorns, a fragment of the True Cross, and one of the Holy Nails.

Notre-Dame de Paris 2013
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
6 place du Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le 850e anniversaire de Notre-Dame de Paris s’ouvrira le 12 décembre 2012 et se poursuivra jusqu’au 24 novembre 2013. 850 ans d’Histoire, d’Art, de Spiritualité au cœur de la Cité qui seront célébrés au cours de cette année marquée par de nombreuses festivités, cérémonies et actions de grâces ainsi que par de grandes réalisations culturelles, dont certaines s’inscriront en droite ligne des bâtisseurs de cathédrales.

Eglise Saint-Eustache
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
2, impasse Saint-Eustache
Paris, France 75001

01 42 36 31 05

Saint Chapelle
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
8 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place St. Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

Saint-Sulpice is a Roman Catholic church in Paris, France, on the east side of the Place Saint-Sulpice within the rue Bonaparte, in the Luxembourg Quarter of the 6th arrondissement. At 113 metres long, 58 metres in width and 34 metres tall, it is only slightly smaller than Notre-Dame and thus the second largest church in the city. It is dedicated to Sulpitius the Pious. Construction of the present building, the second church on the site, began in 1646. During the 18th century, an elaborate gnomon, the Gnomon of Saint-Sulpice, was constructed in the church.HistoryThe present church is the second building on the site, erected over a Romanesque church originally constructed during the 13th century. Additions were made over the centuries, up to 1631. The new building was founded in 1646 by parish priest Jean-Jacques Olier (1608–1657) who had established the Society of Saint-Sulpice, a clerical congregation, and a seminary attached to the church. Anne of Austria laid the first stone.Construction began in 1646 to designs which had been created in 1636 by Christophe Gamard, but the Fronde interfered, and only the Lady Chapel had been built by 1660, when Daniel Gittard provided a new general design for most of the church. Gittard completed the sanctuary, ambulatory, apsidal chapels, transept, and north portal (1670–1678), after which construction was halted for lack of funds.

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève, 75005
Paris, France 75005

L'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont est une église située sur la montagne Sainte-Geneviève, dans le arrondissement de Paris, à proximité du lycée Henri-IV et du Panthéon. Elle fait l'objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques par la liste de 1862.HistoireLes premières églisesL'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont tire son origine de l'abbaye Sainte-Geneviève, où la sainte éponyme avait été inhumée au. L'abbaye attirant à elle une foule de laïcs à son service, une chapelle leur est d'abord affectée dans la crypte. Consacrée à la Vierge Marie, puis à saint Jean apôtre, le lieu s'avère trop exigu pour accueillir tous les fidèles. En 1222, le pape Honorius III autorise la fondation d'une église autonome, qui est consacrée cette fois à saint Étienne, alors saint patron de la cathédrale Saint-Étienne de Paris, l'ancienne cathédrale de Paris qui se trouvait à l'emplacement de Notre-Dame.

Église de Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
3 place Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Paris, France 75006

01 55 42 81 10

Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
2 Place du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 42 60 13 96

L'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois est une église située dans l'actuel arrondissement de Paris. Elle fut également appelée église Saint-Germain-le-Rond. Depuis l'Ancien Régime, elle est connue comme la « paroisse des artistes ».Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois est nommée en l'honneur de l'évêque Germain d'Auxerre.SituationL'église se trouve sur le côté sud-est de la place du Louvre, face à la colonnade du Louvre, à proximité de la mairie de arrondissement.Elle est desservie par les stations de métro Louvre - Rivoli et Pont Neuf.HistoireHistoire de l'égliseHaut-Moyen ÂgeL'existence de l'église est attestée au car c'est le lieu de sépulture de Saint Landri, évêque de Paris, mort vers 655 ou 656. L'Abbé Lebeuf croit qu'il en faut attribuer la première origine à une chapelle, la chapelle de Saint-Vincent, qui aurait été construite peu de temps après la mort de Saint Germain, évêque d'Auxerre.

Noter Dame
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
place du Parvis-Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of Saint Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.HistoryThe church of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont originated in the abbey of Sainte-Genevieve, where the eponymous saint had been buried in the 6th century. Devoted to the Virgin Mary, then to St. John the Apostle, the place was too small to accommodate all the faithful. In 1222, Pope Honorius III authorized the establishment of an autonomous church, which was devoted this time to St Etienne, then the patron saint of the old cathedral of Paris.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 19 36

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

L'église Saint-Séverin est une église du Quartier latin de Paris, située rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin dans le quartier de la Sorbonne dans le arrondissement de Paris.L'ensemble formé par l'église, la « maison paroissiale - presbytère », le square André-Lefèbvre et le cloître est délimité par la rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin, la rue de la Parcheminerie, la rue Saint-Jacques et la rue Saint-Séverin.Elle est de facto l'unique l'église paroissiale de la paroisse Saint-Séverin-Saint-Nicolas (les deux paroisses ayant été fusionnées en 1968). En effet, depuis 1977, l'église Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet est occupée par des fidèles de la Fraternité sacerdotale Saint-Pie-X.

Notre Damme París
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France 75004

01 42 34 56 10

Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
2 Place du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

The Church of Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois is situated at 2 Place du Louvre, Paris 75001; the nearest Métro station is Louvre-Rivoli. Alexandre Boëly was organist at this church from 1840 to 1851.HistoryFounded in the 7th century, the church was rebuilt many times over several centuries. It now has construction in Roman, Gothic and Renaissance styles. The most striking exterior feature is the porch, with a rose window and a balustrade above which encircles the whole church, a work of Jean Gaussel (1435–39). Among the treasures preserved inside are a 15th-century wooden statue of Saint Germain, a stone carved statue of Saint-Vincent a stone sculpture of Isabelle of France (saint), a Flemish altarpiece carved out of wood, the famous "churchwarden's pew" where important people sat, made in 1683 by François, Le Mercier from drawings by Charles Le Brun.During the Wars of Religion, its bell called "Marie" sounded on the night of 23 August 1572, marking the beginning of the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. Thousands of Huguenots, who visited the city for a royal wedding, were killed by the mob of Paris. A splendid stained glass still remains, in spite of plunderings during the French Revolution. The north tower was added in 1860 and stands opposite the Mairie of the 1st Arrondissement (1859).

Church De Notre Dame France
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6, place du parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

0142345610

Paroisse Notre Dame du Liban à PARIS
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
15-17 rue d'Ulm
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 43 29 47 60

Historique Le culte maronite a été autorisé en France par arrêté du 1e septembre 1892. Dès lors, la chapelle du petit Luxembourg est mise à la disposition de la communauté maronite en Île-de-France. Jusqu'en 1915, les autorités françaises et le représentant du patriarche recherchent de concert un lieu de culte adapté aux besoins de la communauté. Dans le sillage de la séparation de l'Église et de l'État arrêtée en 1905, les pères jésuites de l'école Sainte Geneviève à Paris ont dû abandonner la chapelle de leur école et toute leur structure éducative s'était ensuite établie à Versailles rue des postes (Ginette). En 1915, l'ancienne chapelle de l'école Sainte Geneviève des pères jésuites à Paris est affectée au culte maronite. Elle est inaugurée le 16 juillet de cette même année sous le patronage de Notre Dame du Liban. Construite par le célèbre architecte ASTRUC dans un style néogothique, la chapelle est dotée d'une série de vitraux œuvre du maître verrier Émile HIRSCH. Les huit verrières du fond et la rosace restent cependant en verre losangé. Elle est inaugurée le 13 mai 1894, veille de la Pentecôte. En 1937, le gouvernement français et le patriarcat créent autour de l'église la fondation du foyer franco-libanais. Le 8 décembre 1963, le patriarche MEOUCHI inaugure les nouveaux locaux du foyer franco-libanais. Le 25 octobre 1990, commencent la réfection de la toiture et le projet de rénovation de l'église dont la majeure partie sera réalisée entre octobre 1991 et mai 1993. Les huit verrières du fond et la rosace sont garnies de vitraux. Les verrières ont été exécutées par les maîtres verriers Christiane et Philippe ANDRIEUX et la rosace, inspirée de Notre-Dame de Kannoubine, est l'œuvre de Marie-Jo et Yves GUEYEL. Entre 2010 et 2011, la fondation met à neuf les quatre façades extérieures, les chéneaux, la charpente et les vitraux.

Igreja De Notre Dame
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France

<>

Monument Near Eglise Notre Dame de Paris

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
6, Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75015

+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

Place de la Bastille
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Bastille
Paris, France 75011

0670000487

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris, located in the Place du Carrousel. It was built between 1806 and 1808 to commemorate Napoleon's military victories of the previous year. The more famous Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, across from the Champs Élysées, was designed in the same year; it is about twice the size and was not completed until 1836. It is also an example of Corinthian style architecture.

Panthéon
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

The Panthéon is a building in the Latin Quarter in Paris. It was originally built as a church dedicated to St. Genevieve and to house the reliquary châsse containing her relics but, after many changes, now functions as a secular mausoleum containing the remains of distinguished French citizens. It is an early example of neoclassicism, with a façade modeled on the Pantheon in Rome, surmounted by a dome that owes some of its character to Bramante's "Tempietto". Located in the 5th arrondissement on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, the Panthéon looks out over all of Paris. Designer Jacques-Germain Soufflot had the intention of combining the lightness and brightness of the Gothic cathedral with classical principles, but its role as a mausoleum required the great Gothic windows to be blocked.HistoryKing Louis XV vowed in 1744 that if he recovered from his illness he would replace the ruined church of the Abbey of St Genevieve with an edifice worthy of the patron saint of Paris. He did recover, and entrusted Abel-François Poisson, marquis de Marigny with the fulfillment of his vow. In 1755, Marigny commissioned Jacques-Germain Soufflot to design the church, with construction beginning two years later.

Arco do Triunfo, Paris, França
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, France 75019

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, France 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

Maison de la Mutualité
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Maison de la Mutualité
Paris, France 75005

La Maison de la Mutualité est une salle polyvalente située à Paris au 24, rue Saint-Victor, dans le arrondissement.HistoireConstruction et description du bâtimentConstruite en 1930 par l'architecte Victor Lesage, à côté de l'église Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet, la Maison de la Mutualité est inaugurée, comme théâtre, en 1931 par le président de la République Paul Doumer.Sa façade art déco, sa toiture ainsi qu'une bonne partie des espaces intérieurs, font l'objet d'une inscription au titre des Monuments historiques depuis le.La salle comptait à l'origine places assises, en référence à la Révolution française. L'escalier intérieur menant à cette salle est de marbre blanc et comporte des.Le bâtiment est désormais composé d'une salle polyvalente de, d'un salon de ainsi que de neuf salles de 35 à.Tradition de gaucheUne des premières grandes utilisations de la salle date de 1933, où est organisé le 30 Congrès national de la SFIO. Siège social de la Fédération mutualiste de Paris (FMP), la maison de la Mutualité accueille depuis sa création de nombreux salons, congrès, séminaires et meetings politiques. À ce titre, elle est devenue un haut-lieu historique du militantisme des partis français de gauche. Néanmoins, elle est aussi parfois utilisée par l'extrême-gauche, l'extrême-droite et les écologistes.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Saint Chapelle
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
8 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

Aifel Tower
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 Av Source de la Bièvre
Paris, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Place du Panthéon
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
5 place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

Place du Panthéon () is a square in Paris. It is located in the Latin Quarter, in the 5th arrondissement. It is named after the Panthéon.

Place du Panthéon
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
la place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

Place du Panthéon, au centre, le panthéon où repose les grands hommes de la Nation. En face, dans l'axe de la rue Soufflot, le jardin du Luxembourg. Autour du Panthéon : - la Mairie du Ve, - l'Hôtel des Grands Hommes, - le lycée henri IV, - l'Eglise Sainte Etienne du Mont, - la Bibliothèque Sainte Geneviève, - la faculté de Droit.

Arc De Triomphe
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, France 75008

01 55 37 73 77

Fontaine Stravinsky
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Igor Stravinsky
Paris, France 75004

Saint-Jacques Tower
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
39 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75004

Saint-Jacques Tower is a monument located in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, France, on Rue de Rivoli at Rue Nicolas Flamel. This 52m Flamboyant Gothic tower is all that remains of the former 16th-century Church of Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie, which was demolished in 1797, during the French Revolution, leaving only the tower. What remains of the destroyed church of St. Jacques La Boucherie is now considered a national historic landmark. The closest métro station is Châtelet.HistoryThe Way of St. JamesThe tower's rich decoration reflects the wealth of its patrons, the wholesale butchers of the nearby Les Halles market. The masons in charge were Jean de Felin, Julien Ménart and Jean de Revier. It was built in 1509 to 1523, during the reign of King Francis I. With a dedication to Saint James the Greater, the ancient church and its landmark tower welcomed pilgrims setting out on the road that led to Tours and headed for the way of St James, which led to the major pilgrimage destination of Santiago de Compostela. A relic of the saint preserved in the church linked it the more strongly and in modern times occasioned its listing in 1998 as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO among the sites and structures marking the chemins de Compostelle, the pilgrimage routes in France that led like tributaries of a great stream headed towards Santiago in the northwest of Spain.

Beaches Of Normandy/American Cemetary
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Omaha Beach
Colleville-sur-Mer, France 14710

02 31 51 62 00

A paris, sous la tour Eiffel.
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue de l´Université
Paris, France 75007

<>

Mairie du 4e arrondissement de Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
2, place Baudoyer
Paris, France 75004

01 44 54 75 04

La mairie du arrondissement de Paris est le bâtiment qui héberge les services municipaux du arrondissement de Paris, en France.LocalisationLa mairie du arrondissement est située place Baudoyer.HistoireLe bâtiment a été conçu par l'architecte Antoine-Nicolas Bailly et achevé en 1868.AnnexesArticles connexes arrondissement de Paris Hôtel de ville de Paris Mairie de ParisLiens externes Mairie du 4e arrondissement (paris.fr)Notes et références

Collège des Bernardins
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
20 rue de Poissy
Paris, France 75005

01 53 10 74 44

Le collège des Bernardins, ou collège Saint-Bernard, situé rue de Poissy dans le arrondissement de Paris, est un ancien collège cistercien de l'historique Université de Paris. Fondé par Étienne de Lexington, abbé de Clairvaux, et construit à partir de 1248 avec les encouragements du pape Innocent IV, il servit jusqu'à la révolution française de résidence pour les moines cisterciens étudiants à l'Université de Paris.Après une rénovation complète achevée en septembre 2008, c'est aujourd’hui un lieu de rencontres, de dialogues, de formation et de culture proposant une programmation riche de conférences et colloques, d’expositions, de concerts, d’activités pour le jeune public ainsi qu’un centre de formation théologique et biblique. Depuis 2009, il abrite l'Académie catholique de France.Il fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Histoire du CollègeLe Collège des Bernardins, commencé à l’époque du règne de Saint Louis, est situé rue de Poissy, une petite rue qui donne dans le boulevard Saint-Germain en direction de l’Île Saint-Louis. Chef-d’œuvre de l’architecture médiévale, c'est par la volonté de Monseigneur Lustiger alors archevêque de Paris qu'il a retrouvé sa place éminente de haut-lieu de la spiritualité, célèbre et reconnu dans toute l’Europe médiévale, d’où l’on venait étudier les textes savants des religieux de renom.

Tourist Attraction Near Eglise Notre Dame de Paris

Pont des Arts
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

The Pont des Arts or Passerelle des Arts is a pedestrian bridge in Paris which crosses the River Seine. It links the Institut de France and the central square reported several deficiencies on the bridge. More specifically, he noted the damage that had been caused by two aerial bombardments sustained during World War I and World War II and the harm done from the multiple collisions caused by boats. The bridge would be closed to circulation in 1977 and, in 1979, suffered a 60-metre collapse after a barge rammed into it.The present bridge was built between 1981 and 1984 "identically" according to the plans of Louis Arretche, who had decided to reduce the number of arches from nine to seven, allowing the look of the old bridge to be preserved while realigning the new structure with the Pont Neuf. On 27 June 1984, the newly reconstructed bridge was inaugurated by Jacques Chirac, then the mayor of Paris.

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 40 20 50 50

La pyramide du Louvre est une pyramide constituée de verre et de métal, située au milieu de la cour Napoléon du musée du Louvre à Paris, où se situe le hall d’accueil.Commandée par le président de la République François Mitterrand en 1983, la pyramide a été conçue par l'architecte sino-américain Ieoh Ming Pei. La structure, qui a été entièrement construite en métal, s'élève à sur une base carrée de de côté et pèse environ. La pyramide est composée de 603 losanges et 70 triangles en verre. Elle a été inaugurée le et ouverte au public le. Elle est la première grande construction à avoir été réalisée en verre feuilleté.Bien que la pyramide ait suscité une grande controverse lors de la présentation de son projet en 1984, elle est devenue au début du la troisième œuvre du Louvre la plus appréciée après La Joconde et la Vénus de Milo.

Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

La Seine
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Quai Voltaire
Paris, France 75007 Paris

Île Saint-Louis
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Ile St. louis
Paris, France Paris

Notre Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France 75004

Notre-Dame de Paris, also known as Notre-Dame Cathedral or simply Notre-Dame, is a medieval Catholic cathedral on the Île de la Cité in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, France. The cathedral is widely considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, and is among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world. The naturalism of its sculptures and stained glass are in contrast with earlier Romanesque architecture.As the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Paris, Notre-Dame contains the cathedra of the Archbishop of Paris, currently Cardinal André Vingt-Trois. The cathedral treasury contains a reliquary which houses some of Catholicism's most important relics, including the purported Crown of Thorns, a fragment of the True Cross, and one of the Holy Nails.

Effil Tower
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

Rue Mouffetard
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

Rue Mouffetard is a street in the 5th arrondissement of Paris, France.Situated in the fifth (cinquième) arrondissement of Paris, Rue Mouffetard is one of Paris's oldest and liveliest neighbourhoods. These days the area has many restaurants, shops, and cafés, and a regular open market. It is centered on the Place de la Contrescarpe, at the junction of the rue Mouffetard and the rue de Lacepede. Its southern terminus is at the Square Saint-Médard where there is a permanent open-air market. At its northern terminus, it becomes the rue Descartes at the crossing of the rue Thouin. It is closed to normal motor traffic much of the week, and is predominantly a pedestrian avenue.Origin of the nameThe rue Mouffetard runs along a flank of the mont Sainte-Geneviève hill that was called "mont Cétarius" or "mont Cetardus" from Roman times; many historians consider "Mouffetard" to be a derivation of this early name. Over the centuries the rue Mouffetard has appeared as rue Montfétard, Maufetard, Mofetard, Moufetard, Mouflard, Moufetard, Moftard, Mostard, and also rue Saint-Marcel, rue du Faubourg Saint-Marceau ("street of the suburb Saint-Marceau") and rue de la Vieille Ville Saint-Marcel ("street of the Old Village Saint-Marcel").HistoryThe origins of this thoroughfare are ancient, dating back to Neolithic times. As with today's rue Galande, rue Lagrange, rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève and rue Descartes, it was a Roman road running from the Roman Rive Gauche city south to Italy.

Le Crocodile
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
6 rue Royer-Collard
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 71 93 49 68

TARIFS - Rentrée 2014 - Du lundi au jeudi : tous les cocktails à 7€ en happy hour (18h - 23h), 8€ après. Shots à 3€. - Vendredi et samedi : tous les cocktails à 7€ en happy hour (18h - 22h), 9€ après. Shots à 3€ Attention : pas de paiement par carte bancaire. ************************************************************************************* Le Crocodile, c'est pour tous les amoureux des cocktails (350 sur la carte). Le Crocodile, c'est pour tous les amoureux des soirées longues et savoureuses (ouvert de 18h00 à 2h00). Le Crocodile, c'est pour tous les amoureux des rencontres (c'est tellement pas grand qu'au bout d'un cocktail, on finit forcément par sympathiser avec la table d'à côté). Le Crocodile, c'est pour tous les amoureux des soirées entre amis réussies (quoi de mieux après un bon resto, une bonne soirée, un théâtre, un ciné, un match de foot entre copains ou une pyjama party entre copines... que de venir continuer à papoter autour d'un verre?). Le Crocodile, c'est pour tous les amoureux des saveurs bizarres qu'on testerait bien pour voir mais que finalement on garde pour la prochaine fois (crème de muroise, liqueur de bourgeons de sapin, noyau de Poissy, crème de pêche de vigne, pommeau, canneberge, liqueur de piment, cactus, coronille...). Le Crocodile, c'est pour tous les amoureux tout court... (et accessoirement pour les amoureuses de Ali, le roi du shaker!). Pour ces "Accrocs du Croco", ceux qui le deviendront et ceux qui ont juste envie de boire... pardon... de voir, le Crocodile c'est 6, rue Royer Collard dans le 5ème arrondissement de Paris, à partir de 18h00, tous les jours sauf dimanche.

Les Vedettes du Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Square du Vert Galant
Paris, France 75006

+33 (0) 1 46 33 98 38

Du Musée du Louvre jusqu’à la Cathédral Notre-Dame, en passant par la Tour Eiffel, découvrez les plus beaux monuments de Paris à bord de nos bateaux. La croisière d’une heure, qui démarre et se termine au Pont-Neuf, est commentée en français et en anglais par l’un de nos guides touristiques.

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève, 75005
Paris, France 75005

L'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont est une église située sur la montagne Sainte-Geneviève, dans le arrondissement de Paris, à proximité du lycée Henri-IV et du Panthéon. Elle fait l'objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques par la liste de 1862.HistoireLes premières églisesL'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont tire son origine de l'abbaye Sainte-Geneviève, où la sainte éponyme avait été inhumée au. L'abbaye attirant à elle une foule de laïcs à son service, une chapelle leur est d'abord affectée dans la crypte. Consacrée à la Vierge Marie, puis à saint Jean apôtre, le lieu s'avère trop exigu pour accueillir tous les fidèles. En 1222, le pape Honorius III autorise la fondation d'une église autonome, qui est consacrée cette fois à saint Étienne, alors saint patron de la cathédrale Saint-Étienne de Paris, l'ancienne cathédrale de Paris qui se trouvait à l'emplacement de Notre-Dame.

Quai Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai Saint-Michel
Paris, France

<>

Eyfel Kulesi Paris
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Pont Des Arts
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France

<>

Ifle Tower Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Paris, France
Paris, France 75007

Rue Saint-Martin
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Martin
Paris, France 75003

<>

Musée National du Moyen Âge
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France 75005

Sénat-Palais du Luxembourg
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

<>

Medici Fountain
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Luxembourg
Paris, France 75006

<>

The Medici Fountain is a monumental fountain in the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 6th arrondissement in Paris. It was built in about 1630 by Marie de' Medici, the widow of King Henry IV of France and regent of King Louis XIII of France. It was moved to its present location and extensively rebuilt in 1864-66.The Italian Influence in Paris in the 17th centuryThe period between the regency of Catherine de' Medici in France (1559–1589) and that of Marie de' Medici (1610–1642) saw a great flourishing of the Italian mannerist style in France, A community of artists from Florence, including the sculptor Francesco Bordoni, who helped design the statue of King Henry IV of France built on the Pont Neuf, and fountain technician Thomas Francini, who had worked on fountains in the new gardens of the Medici villas in Florence and Rome, found eager royal patrons in France. Soon features of the Italian Renaissance garden, such as elaborate fountains and the grotto, a simulated cave decorated with sculpture, appeared in the first Gardens of the French Renaissance at Fontainebleau and other royal residences.

Tonic Hotel du Louvre
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
12, rue du Roule
Paris, France 75001

+33142330071

Le Tonic Hôtel du Louvre est un Hôtel de Charme parisien typique, idéalement situé en plein cœur de la Capitale, à quelques minutes du Louvre. Vous pourrez aller à pied jusqu'aux principaux centre d'intérêt Touristiques et Culturels ; le Louvre bien-sûr, mais aussi les Tuileries, le Musée d'Orsay, le Musée d'Art Moderne du centre Georges Pompidou. A 10 minutes, en traversant le Pont-Neuf vous vous retrouverez sur la Rive-Gauche, au cœur du Quartier Latin. Vous rejoindrez la Cathédrale de Notre-Dame-de Paris après 10 minutes d'une charmante promenade. Nous sommes également entourés du très populaire quartier des Halles avec ses boutiques du centre commercial, sa Vidéothèque, sa piscine, la rue Montorgueil à 2 pas, la rue de Rivoli au coin. 8 lignes de métro desservent la station de Chatelet les Halles: vous avez une ligne directe vers chaque principale Gare et vers les 2 aéroports. Concept dynamique réussi, le Tonic Hôtel Louvre excelle à cultiver l'art du bien-être. Le cadre, élégant, mêle tradition et modernité. Les chambres, vastes et lumineuses, proposent un confort aussi fonctionnel que raffiné The Tonic is a Parisian “Hotel de Charme” situated in the very centre of Paris, just by the Louvre, at walking distance from most of the major Touristic and Cultural points of interest. You will be able to walk easily to the Louvre of course, but also to the Tuilleries Garden, to the Orsay Museum, to The Pompidou Centre and its Modern Art Museum. Just across the River, walking 10 minutes, you will find yourself in Rive-Gauche, in the heart of the Quartier Latin. The Notre Dame Church is also at 10mn of a very nice walk. We also are in middle of the very popular shopping area of Rivoli Street, the shops of Rivoli and the Commercial Centre of Les Halles. There are 8 lines of subway going through the nearest Metro station of Chatelet-Les Halles; the main train stations as well as the 2 airports are direct from it.

Local Business Near Eglise Notre Dame de Paris

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Point zéro Notre Dame
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
22 Grande Rue
Paris, France 75004

<>

ノートルダム大聖堂
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II, Paris, France
Paris, France

Church De Notre Dame France
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6, place du parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

0142345610

Au Petit Pont à Saint Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2-4 rue du Petit-Pont
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 23 81

Georges Café
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
4 Rue de la Huchette
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 87 86

La Petite Taverne 2.0
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
3 Rue Huchette
Paris, France 75005

If you love rock songs, authentic and fresh beers, crazy cocktails, meeting cool people and have an wonderful night in Paris, come and meet Amine with his psychedelique style, Marion with her seducing smile and the others, then break on through !!!!!!!!!!

Café Panis
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
21, Quai de Montebello
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 43 54 19 71

Basilika Notre-Dame de Fourvière
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
23 Rue Arcole
Paris, France 75004

Le Georges Café 4 Rue De La Huchette 75005 Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
4 Rue De La Huchette 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 87 86

Le Caveau de la Huchette
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
5 Rue de la Huchette
Paris, France 75005

0143266505

Le Caveau de la Huchette is a jazz club in the Latin Quarter of Paris. The building dates to the 16th century, but became a jazz club in 1949. The design has been compared to a cellar or labyrinth and allegedly it was once used by Rosicrucians and by those linked to Freemasonry.Since becoming a jazz club it has been a venue for American greats like Lionel Hampton, Count Basie, and Art Blakey, as well as leading French jazz musicians like Claude Luter and Claude Bolling. Sidney Bechet and Bill Coleman were American expatriates in France who are also associated with the club.It was featured in the film Les Tricheurs by Marcel Carné as well as other French language films. It is considered one of the important part of Paris's nightlife in general. At present it is owned by French vibraphonist Dany Doriz.The club inspired the creation of The Cavern Club, Mathew Street, Liverpool in 1957. The Beatles performed at the Cavern Club nearly 300 times in their early years. The Cavern was similar inside to Le Caveau with tunnels and thick brick arches.

Square René-Viviani
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2 rue du Fouarre
Paris, France 75005

<>

The Square René Viviani is a public square adjacent to the Church of Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre in the 5th arrondissement of Paris.LocationThe Square René Viviani is a city park located slightly to the north of the Gothic church of Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre, built at the same time as Notre-Dame Cathedral and consequently one of Paris' oldest churches. Disaffected during the Revolution, in the 19th century the ruinous church was taken over by the city's Greek Melchite Church and is today the center of that religious community in Paris. The Square is an irregular polygon in shape, bounded by the Rue Galande and church buildings to the south; by the Rue Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre on the west; by the Quai de Montebello to the north; and by the Rue Lagrange and the Rue du Fouarre on the east. The Rue de la Bûcherie ends on the western side of the square, but it resumes its course on the eastern side, and the Pont au Double, a bridge to the Île de la Cité, lies across the Quai de Montebello from the square. The Square René Viviani offers one of the best views of the Cathedral of Notre Dame in all of Paris.Around the corner, in the Rue de la Bûcherie, stands the well-known English-language bookshop, Shakespeare and Company which took the name of Sylvia Beach's legendary bookshop and independent publishing house near the Place de l'Odéon, which first published James Joyce's novel Ulysses and was a literary center for English writers until it was definitively closed when Germany occupied France.Inside the square, there are two features, other than the lawns, walkways, well-trimmed plane trees, and benches, that deserve a mention here. There is an odd-looking fountain, known as the Saint Julien fountain, that was erected in 1995. It is the work of the French sculptor, Georges Jeanclos (1933–1997), and it is emblematic of the legend of St. Julien the Hospitaller, a tale, now largely discounted, involving a curse by witches, a talking deer, a case of mistaken identity, an horrific crime, several improbable coincidences, and a supernatural intervention. The story was told and retold during the Middle Ages, and it became a favorite. Consequently, hospitals, hospices, and churches all over Europe adopted Julien as their patron. He was also a patron saint of hunters, innkeepers, and ferrymen; traveling pilgrims often prayed for his help in finding comfortable lodgings.

Caveau De La Huchette
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
5 rue de la guchette
Paris, France

Notre Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France 75004

Notre-Dame de Paris, also known as Notre-Dame Cathedral or simply Notre-Dame, is a medieval Catholic cathedral on the Île de la Cité in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, France. The cathedral is widely considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, and is among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world. The naturalism of its sculptures and stained glass are in contrast with earlier Romanesque architecture.As the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Paris, Notre-Dame contains the cathedra of the Archbishop of Paris, currently Cardinal André Vingt-Trois. The cathedral treasury contains a reliquary which houses some of Catholicism's most important relics, including the purported Crown of Thorns, a fragment of the True Cross, and one of the Holy Nails.

La Maison Orange - Salsa et Danses du Monde
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
59 RUE MOLIERE
Paris, France 92120

Notre Damme París
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France 75004

01 42 34 56 10

Piano Bar
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
14 rue de la Huchette
Paris, France 75005

Noter Dame
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
place du Parvis-Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

Asteria
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
13 Rue Huchette
Paris, France 75005

01 46 33 45 02

Amorino
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
16 Rue de la Huchette
Paris, France 75005

01 55 42 09 56