EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Avenue de New York, Paris | Tourist Information


Avenue de New York
Paris, France 75116

<>

Landmark Near Avenue de New York

Trocadéro
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Rue du Sommerard
Paris, France 75116

Jardins du Trocadéro
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Avenue de New York
Paris, France 75116

<>

Jardins du Trocadéro is an open space in Paris, located in the 16th arrondissement of Paris, bounded to the northwest by the wings of the Palais de Chaillot and to the southeast by the Seine and the Pont d'Iéna, with the Eiffel Tower on the opposite bank of the Seine.The main feature, called the Fountain of Warsaw, is a long basin, or water mirror, with twelve fountain creating columns of water 12 metres high; twenty four smaller fountains four metres high; and ten arches of water. At one end, facing the Seine, are twenty powerful water cannons, able to project a jet of water fifty metres. Above the long basin are two smaller basins, linked with the lower basin by cascades flanked by 32 sprays of water four meters high. These fountains are the only exposition fountains which still exist today, and still function as they once did. In 2011, the fountain's waterworks were completely renovated and a modern pumping system was installed.HistoryThe entire site was formerly the garden of the original Palais du Trocadero, laid out by Jean-Charles Alphand for the Exposition Universelle (1878).The present garden has an area of 93,930 m2, and was created for the Exposition Internationale des Arts et Techniques dans la Vie Moderne (1937). This was the design of Parisian architect Roger-Henri Expert. During the exposition in 1937, the pavillons of Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union were facing each other on opposite sides of the Jardins du Trocadéro.

Pont de l'Alma
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Alma
Paris, France 75007

<>

Pont de l'Alma is a road bridge in Paris across the Seine. It was named to commemorate the Battle of Alma during the Crimean War, in which the Ottoman-Franco-British alliance achieved victory over the Russian army on 20 September 1854.HistoryConstructionConstruction of an arch bridge took place between 1854 and 1856. It was designed by Paul-Martin Gallocher de Lagalisserie and was inaugurated by Napoleon III on 2 April 1856. Each side of both of the two piers was decorated with a statue of military nature: a Zouave and a grenadier by Georges Diébolt, and a skirmisher and an artilleryman by Arnaud.Zouave statue and floodingThe general public took the original bridge as a measuring instrument for water levels in times of flooding on the Seine: access to the footpaths by the river embankments usually was closed when the Seine's level reached the feet of the Zouave; when the water hit his thighs, the river was unnavigable. During the great flood of the Seine in 1910, the level reached his shoulders. The French Civil Service used the Pont de la Tournelle, not the Pont de l'Alma, to gauge flood levels, and since 1868 uses the Pont d'Austerlitz.

Pont de l'Alma
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Alma
Paris, France 75008

Le pont de l'Alma est un pont situé à Paris traversant la Seine. Son nom rappelle la bataille de l'Alma (1854) en Crimée.L'extrémité nord du pont est desservie par la station du métro Alma - Marceau, et l'extrémité sud, par la gare du RER Pont de l'Alma.LocalisationCe pont relie le quai Branly ((Paris)|rive gauchequai Branly]]) à l'avenue de New-York ((Paris)|rive droiteavenue de New-York]]). Sur la rive droite il sépare les ports de la Conférence et Debilly, et sur la rive gauche, ceux du Gros-Caillou et de La Bourdonnais.HistoireLe pont est construit de 1854 à 1856 sous la direction de Hyacinthe Gariel. Il est inauguré par Napoléon III le (initialement son inauguration était prévue pour l'exposition universelle de 1855).

Pont de l'Alma
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Alma
Paris, France 75008

Le pont de l'Alma est un pont situé à Paris traversant la Seine. Son nom rappelle la bataille de l'Alma (1854) en Crimée.L'extrémité nord du pont est desservie par la station du métro Alma - Marceau, et l'extrémité sud, par la gare du RER Pont de l'Alma.LocalisationCe pont relie le quai Branly ((Paris)|rive gauchequai Branly]]) à l'avenue de New-York ((Paris)|rive droiteavenue de New-York]]). Sur la rive droite il sépare les ports de la Conférence et Debilly, et sur la rive gauche, ceux du Gros-Caillou et de La Bourdonnais.HistoireLe pont est construit de 1854 à 1856 sous la direction de Hyacinthe Gariel. Il est inauguré par Napoléon III le (initialement son inauguration était prévue pour l'exposition universelle de 1855).

Pont d'Iéna
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont d'Iéna
Paris, France 75007

<>

Pont d'Iéna is a bridge spanning the River Seine in Paris. It links the Eiffel Tower on the Left Bank to the district of Trocadéro on the Right Bank.HistoryIn 1807, Napoléon I ordered, by an imperial decree issued in Warsaw, the construction of a bridge overlooking the Military School, and named the bridge after his victory in 1806 at the Battle of Jena, disregarding names considered previously: pont du Champ-de-Mars and pont de l'École militaire. Prussian General Blücher wanted to destroy the bridge before the Battle of Paris in 1814, but was persuaded not to by the Allied forces. Blücher had been present at the humiliating defeat of the Prussians by Napoleon at the Battle of Jena, where approximately 28,000 Prussians were killed to France's 2,480, after which Prussia was occupied by France.The structure was designed with five arches, each with an arc length of 28 m, and four intermediate piers. The initial construction, the cost of which was enormous at the time, was fully financed by the State and spanned six years from 1808 to 1814.The tympana along the sides of the bridge had been originally decorated with imperial eagles conceptualized by François-Frédéric Lemot and sculpted by Jean-François Mouret. The eagles were replaced with the royal letter "L" soon after the fall of the First Empire in 1815 but in 1852, when Napoléon III ascended the throne of the Second Empire, new imperial eagles, this time by the chisel of Antoine-Louis Barye, replaced the royal "L".

Avenue Kléber
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Kléber
Paris, France 75116

<>

Passerelle Debilly
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Passerelle Debilly
Paris, France 75016

<>

The Passerelle Debilly is an arch bridge situated in Paris bestriding the Seine. It is a footbridge that connects the quai de New York to the quai Branly, close to the Eiffel Tower.HistoryIn order to accommodate visitor traffic to the 1900 World's Fair across the Seine, the General Commissioner of the Exposition, Alfred Picard, approved the construction of a provisional footbridge opposite the Avenue Albert de Mun, to join the Army and Navy Halls to the exhibit recreating old Paris. Its architect, Jean Résal, also designed the Pont Alexandre III and the Viaduc d'Austerlitz.The Debilly footbridge had, as well, a succession of provisional names. It was initially called passerelle de l'Exposition Militaire or passerelle de Magdebourg, only later passerelle Debilly, after General Jean Louis Debilly of the French First Empire who was killed in the Battle of Jena in 1806. The bridge became a permanent fixture from its original provisional status under the management of the City of Paris in 1906 after it was relocated opposite to the rue de la Manutention.The footbridge is built on a metallic framework resting on two stone piers at the riverbanks, and decorated with dark green ceramic tiles arranged in a fashion that suggests the impression of waves. Along with the Eiffel Tower, this is the second metallic structure that stands as an attestation to the engineering achievements of its epoch. Nevertheless, in 1941, the Debilly footbridge was threatened with disappearance when the president of the architectural society characterized it as a forgotten accessory of a past event. Fortunately, as a contemporary of the Pont Alexandre III and the Austerlitz Viaduct, the Passerelle Debilly was eventually included in the supplementary registry of historical monuments in 1966.

American Cathedral in Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
23, Avenue George V
Paris, France 75008

01 53 23 84 00

The American Cathedral in Paris, formally known as the Cathedral Church of the Holy Trinity, is the gathering church for the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe, and is part of the worldwide Anglican Communion. The church is located in central Paris between the Champs-Elysées and the River Seine at 23 avenue George V in the 8th arrondissement. The closest métro stations are Alma – Marceau 15px 15px and George V 15px 15pxHistoryThe origins of the American Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, an Episcopal church in Paris, date back to the 1830s when American Episcopalians began to meet together for services in the garden pavilion of the Hôtel Matignon, now the official residence of the French prime minister, then the home of American expatriate Colonel Herman Thorn (1783–1859). In 1859, the formal establishment of a parish took place and in 1864 the first church building was consecrated on Rue Bayard.It was in the 1870s that John B. Morgan, who was a cousin of J. P. Morgan, became the rector of Holy Trinity Parish. He decided that the congregation needed a larger church and began a fund-raising effort which was successful in raising the money needed. The site that was purchased for construction is on Avenue George V (then called Avenue d'Alma) and was originally part of the estate of the half-brother of Emperor Napoléon III, the Duc de Morny. The plans were approved in October, 1882 and construction was completed in less than four years. The church had its inaugural services in September, 1886.

Place De Varsovie - Trocadero
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place de Varsovie
Paris, France 75016

<>

Mona Bismarck American Center for Art & Culture
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
34, avenue de New York
Paris, France 75116

Through a multidisciplinary program of exhibitions, events, and educational outreach, the Center’s mission is to engage visitors in a dialogue with the depth and diversity of the current American cultural scene.The current Center was launched in 2011, based on the legacy of the Mona Bismarck Foundation, which became active in 1986 following the death of its founder and sole benefactor, the American philanthropist Countess Mona von Bismarck. She donated her Parisian townhouse and the majority of her estate to found the Mona Bismarck Foundation, as "her desire was to establish a Cultural Centre in Paris to enhance the cause of American/French friendship upon her death".HistoryThe CenterLocated on the Seine, across from the Eiffel Tower, the hôtel particulier, or Parisian townhouse, was built at the end of the nineteenth century. It was reconfigured for Mona Bismarck in the late 1950s by French interior decorator Stéphane Boudin. The building was featured in a 1928 issue of Vogue.ProgrammingExhibitionsTwo to three temporary exhibitions of American art are presented each year in partnership with international institutions. Exhibitions focus on a single artist or theme and represent a range of artistic styles and movements.Past exhibitions :Quilt Art: L’Art du Patchwork(February 13 – May 19, 2013)Mary Cassatt à Paris: Drawings and Engravings from the Ambroise Vollard Collection(September 26, 2012 – January 20, 2013)The Wyeths: Three Generations of American ArtBank of America Merrill Lynch Collection(November 10, 2011 to February 12, 2012)Little Black Dress (July 3 – September 22, 2013)

Port Debilly
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Port Debilly
Paris, France 75116

Rue Lauriston
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
129 RUE LAURISTON
Paris, France

La rue Lauriston est une voie du arrondissement de Paris.Histoire et descriptionAncien chemin du Bel-air, la rue tire son nom de Jacques Alexandre Law de Lauriston (1768-1828) militaire et homme d'État sous le Premier Empire et la Restauration.Le réservoir de Passy est situé dans cette rue. Construit par Marie François Eugène Belgrand (1810-1878) et mis en service sous le Second Empire, il est l'un des principaux réservoirs de stockage d'eau non potable à Paris.Au 40, vécut le peintre et illustrateur Fabien Fabiano qui y décéda le 26 mai 1962.Au 74 ter, se trouve le seul jeu de paume de Paris, et l'une des trois dernières salles en activité en France, avec Fontainebleau et Pau.Durant la Seconde Guerre mondiale, la Gestapo française de Bonny (1895-1944) et Lafont (1902-1944) était installée au numéro 93.En raison du caractère « bourgeois » de ce quartier, le chanteur Pierre Perret place dans la rue Lauriston l'action (mettant en scène une « bonne » espagnole) de l'un des couplets de sa chanson des années 1960 La Corrida.On retrouve mentionnée, dans la chanson interprétée par Jean-Louis Foulquier, Tout c'qu'est dégueulasse, la rue Lauriston.Au 101 bis, l'écrivain Joseph Bialot a écrit en 1978 son premier roman policier Le Salon du prêt à saigner qui fut récompensé par le Grand Prix de littérature policière 1979.

Rue Lauriston
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
129 RUE LAURISTON
Paris, France

La rue Lauriston est une voie du arrondissement de Paris.Histoire et descriptionAncien chemin du Bel-air, la rue tire son nom de Jacques Alexandre Law de Lauriston (1768-1828) militaire et homme d'État sous le Premier Empire et la Restauration.Le réservoir de Passy est situé dans cette rue. Construit par Marie François Eugène Belgrand (1810-1878) et mis en service sous le Second Empire, il est l'un des principaux réservoirs de stockage d'eau non potable à Paris.Au 40, vécut le peintre et illustrateur Fabien Fabiano qui y décéda le 26 mai 1962.Au 74 ter, se trouve le seul jeu de paume de Paris, et l'une des trois dernières salles en activité en France, avec Fontainebleau et Pau.Durant la Seconde Guerre mondiale, la Gestapo française de Bonny (1895-1944) et Lafont (1902-1944) était installée au numéro 93.En raison du caractère « bourgeois » de ce quartier, le chanteur Pierre Perret place dans la rue Lauriston l'action (mettant en scène une « bonne » espagnole) de l'un des couplets de sa chanson des années 1960 La Corrida.On retrouve mentionnée, dans la chanson interprétée par Jean-Louis Foulquier, Tout c'qu'est dégueulasse, la rue Lauriston.Au 101 bis, l'écrivain Joseph Bialot a écrit en 1978 son premier roman policier Le Salon du prêt à saigner qui fut récompensé par le Grand Prix de littérature policière 1979.

Place du Costa Rica
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place de Costa Rica
Paris, France

<>

Plaza Athénée
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
25 avenue Montaigne
Paris, France

The Hotel Plaza Athénée is a historic luxury hotel in Paris, France. It is located on 25 Avenue Montaigne, near the Champs-Élysées and Eiffel Tower. The Hotel Plaza Athénée is part of the Dorchester Collection group of international luxury hotels. The hotel has five restaurants and a bar.HistoryEarly historyThe Hotel Plaza Athénée opened on Avenue Montaigne on April 20, 1913. The hotel's first manager Emile Armbruster named it. Composers and artists regularly dined at Plaza Athénée after performances.At the time, Jacques-Léon Colombier, winner of the London Gourmet Prize, was the head chef of the hotel's restaurant. The Hotel Plaza Athénée remained open during World War I. In the 1920s Jules Lefebvre expanded the hotel's size with the addition of apartment hotels, the restaurant La Cour Jardin and two salons. The Le Relais restaurant became a cafeteria for American soldiers during the Liberation of Paris. In 1947, Christian Dior established his couture house next to the hotel. Georges Martin became the new hotel director in 1963. In 1968, the Forte Group purchased the Hotel Plaza Athénée.Late historyFrom 1998 to 2000, the hotel was renovated under the management of François Delahaye. He chose Alain Ducasse to supervise the hotel's catering services and create a menu for the hotel’s new restaurant Alain Ducasse. Ducasse obtained three Michelin stars at his Plaza Athénée restaurant in 2001. Additionally, Delahaye appointed pastry chef Christophe Michalak at La Galerie des Gobelins and Philippe Marc as chef of Le Relais Plaza.

Plaza Athénée
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
25 avenue Montaigne
Paris, France

The Hotel Plaza Athénée is a historic luxury hotel in Paris, France. It is located on 25 Avenue Montaigne, near the Champs-Élysées and Eiffel Tower. The Hotel Plaza Athénée is part of the Dorchester Collection group of international luxury hotels. The hotel has five restaurants and a bar.HistoryEarly historyThe Hotel Plaza Athénée opened on Avenue Montaigne on April 20, 1913. The hotel's first manager Emile Armbruster named it. Composers and artists regularly dined at Plaza Athénée after performances.At the time, Jacques-Léon Colombier, winner of the London Gourmet Prize, was the head chef of the hotel's restaurant. The Hotel Plaza Athénée remained open during World War I. In the 1920s Jules Lefebvre expanded the hotel's size with the addition of apartment hotels, the restaurant La Cour Jardin and two salons. The Le Relais restaurant became a cafeteria for American soldiers during the Liberation of Paris. In 1947, Christian Dior established his couture house next to the hotel. Georges Martin became the new hotel director in 1963. In 1968, the Forte Group purchased the Hotel Plaza Athénée.Late historyFrom 1998 to 2000, the hotel was renovated under the management of François Delahaye. He chose Alain Ducasse to supervise the hotel's catering services and create a menu for the hotel’s new restaurant Alain Ducasse. Ducasse obtained three Michelin stars at his Plaza Athénée restaurant in 2001. Additionally, Delahaye appointed pastry chef Christophe Michalak at La Galerie des Gobelins and Philippe Marc as chef of Le Relais Plaza.

19 avenue Paul Doumer, 75116 Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
19 avenue paul doumer
Paris, France 75116

<>

Lycée Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
12 rue Benjamin Franklin
Paris, France 75116

Le lycée Saint-Louis de Gonzague, portant le nom du saint Louis de Gonzague (1568-1591) et communément appelé « Franklin », est un établissement privé catholique sous contrat, fondé en 1894, dirigé par les jésuites et situé dans le arrondissement de Paris. Les élèves de l'établissement sont appelés « Franklinois ».Localisation et sociologie Le « petit collège » se trouve rue Louis-David. Le collège et le lycée se situent rue Franklin devenue la rue Benjamin-Franklin en 1988. Les classes préparatoires sont avenue de Camoëns.Tous ces locaux se situent dans le arrondissement de Paris. La rue Benjamin-Franklin et l'avenue de Camoëns sont perpendiculaires l'une de l'autre.Sa localisation géographique et son excellence académique font que le lycée est essentiellement fréquenté par des enfants de la haute bourgeoisie de l'Ouest parisien. Celui-ci a fait l'objet d'études par les sociologues Michel Pinçon et Monique Pinçon-Charlot dans l'étude de la reproduction des élites.La proximité et les similitudes qu'il partage avec le lycée Saint-Jean-de-Passy ont abouti à la création d'une rivalité entre les élèves des deux lycées.HistoireLe « petit externat du Trocadéro » est inauguré le 28 septembre 1894, alors que l'Ouest parisien s'urbanise peu à peu. Dernier ouvert des établissements jésuites de la capitale, il reste le seul après la fermeture des collèges des rues de Madrid et de Vaugirard. Il est agrandi peu à peu grâce à des opérations immobilières menées dans le voisinage immédiat.

Lycée Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
12 rue Benjamin Franklin
Paris, France 75116

Le lycée Saint-Louis de Gonzague, portant le nom du saint Louis de Gonzague (1568-1591) et communément appelé « Franklin », est un établissement privé catholique sous contrat, fondé en 1894, dirigé par les jésuites et situé dans le arrondissement de Paris. Les élèves de l'établissement sont appelés « Franklinois ».Localisation et sociologie Le « petit collège » se trouve rue Louis-David. Le collège et le lycée se situent rue Franklin devenue la rue Benjamin-Franklin en 1988. Les classes préparatoires sont avenue de Camoëns.Tous ces locaux se situent dans le arrondissement de Paris. La rue Benjamin-Franklin et l'avenue de Camoëns sont perpendiculaires l'une de l'autre.Sa localisation géographique et son excellence académique font que le lycée est essentiellement fréquenté par des enfants de la haute bourgeoisie de l'Ouest parisien. Celui-ci a fait l'objet d'études par les sociologues Michel Pinçon et Monique Pinçon-Charlot dans l'étude de la reproduction des élites.La proximité et les similitudes qu'il partage avec le lycée Saint-Jean-de-Passy ont abouti à la création d'une rivalité entre les élèves des deux lycées.HistoireLe « petit externat du Trocadéro » est inauguré le 28 septembre 1894, alors que l'Ouest parisien s'urbanise peu à peu. Dernier ouvert des établissements jésuites de la capitale, il reste le seul après la fermeture des collèges des rues de Madrid et de Vaugirard. Il est agrandi peu à peu grâce à des opérations immobilières menées dans le voisinage immédiat.

Street Near Avenue de New York

Tour Effiel
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39

The Effeil Tower
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Avenue de la Bourdonnais
Paris, France 75007

Rue Cler
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Cler
Paris, France 75007

<>

Boulevard de Grenelle
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard de Grenelle
Paris, France 75015

<>

Avenue des Champs-Élysées
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Avenue des Champs-Élysées
Paris, France 75008

<>

Place Du Trocadéro
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place du Trocadéro et du 11 Novembre
Paris, France 75116

<>

Paris - Shanzelize
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Avenue des Champs-Elysée
Paris, France 75008

<>

Avenue Victor Hugo Paris 16
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Victor Hugo
Paris, France 75116

<>

Avenue Kléber
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Kléber
Paris, France 75116

<>

Arc De Triomphe Etoile, Paris
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Avenue des Champs-Élysées
Paris, France 75008

<>

Avenue Bosquet
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Bosquet
Paris, France 75007

<>

Rue Marbeuf
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
rue Marbeuf
Paris, France 75008

<>

Rue de Grenelle
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Grenelle
Paris, France 75007

<>

Rue de la Pompe
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue de la Pompe
Paris, France 75116

Rue de la Pompe is a street in Paris, France, which was named after the pump which served water to the castle of Muette. With a length of 1690 metres, Rue de la Pompe is one of the longest streets in the 16th arrondissement. It runs from Avenue Paul Doumer (in the district of Muette) to Avenue Foch (in the district of Porte Dauphine).Originally, it was a small way and first mentioned in 1730. For a long time, Rue de la Pompe, which runs from South to North, was together with Rue de Longchamp (which runs from East to West) the main axis of Passy whose terrain was mainly used for agricultural reasons until it became a part of Paris on January 1 of 1860.Residence of famous peopleThe house with number 1 lies in the southern part of the street and on the left side. Brigitte Bardot has spent a part of her childhood here.Just a few steps further on the same side of the street – at the place where today is house number 11 – once stood a country house in which the writer and journalist Jules Janin moved around 1850: "It surely needs a lot of courage to settle in this wilderness, on a scarcely discernible way. The first three winters we have spent alone here, surrounded by this frightening isolation and this total silence." During the summer 0f 2010 Jessica Talley, noted American photographer and dancer lived with the notorious socialite Eliza F M Wright on the top floor of number 11.In direct neighborhood grew up at nearly the same time the writer and caricaturist George du Maurier who was born on March 6, 1834 in Paris. In his first novel Peter Ibbetson, which has some autobiographical tendencies, the author is telling about happy days of childhood in the Rue de la Pompe:

Place de Mexico
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place de Mexico
Paris, France 75016

<>

Tour Eiffel, Paris FR
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Sontay
Paris, France 75116

<>

Rue Boissiere Paris 16Eme
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue Boissière
Paris, France 75016

<>

Le Chateau De Versailles
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue Jean Rey
Paris, France

<>

Avenue Georges Mandel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Georges Mandel
Paris, France 75116

<>

Rue de la Tour
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue de la Tour
Paris, France 75116

<>

Local Business Near Avenue de New York

Peniche Le Montebello
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Avenue De New York
Paris, France

FFSA
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
32 Avenue de New York
Paris, France 75116

01 44 30 24 00

Bateaux Parisiens - Crystal Boat
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Port de la Bourdonnais
Paris, France 75007

0 825 01 01 01

Bateaux Parisiens, Port De La Bourdonnais, 75007 Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Port De La Bourdonnais
Paris, France 75007

Le Joséphine Yacht
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Port Debilly
Paris, France

+33 (0)970 444 033

Conservatoire Russe de Paris Serge Rachmaninoff
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
26, avenue de New York
Paris, France 75116

01 47 23 51 44

Que les élèves deviennent de vrais musiciens, qu’on leur donne très vite les moyens de se faire plaisir en jouant d’un instrument, en chantant, en dansant.

Passerelle Debilly
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Passerelle Debilly
Paris, France 75016

<>

The Passerelle Debilly is an arch bridge situated in Paris bestriding the Seine. It is a footbridge that connects the quai de New York to the quai Branly, close to the Eiffel Tower.HistoryIn order to accommodate visitor traffic to the 1900 World's Fair across the Seine, the General Commissioner of the Exposition, Alfred Picard, approved the construction of a provisional footbridge opposite the Avenue Albert de Mun, to join the Army and Navy Halls to the exhibit recreating old Paris. Its architect, Jean Résal, also designed the Pont Alexandre III and the Viaduc d'Austerlitz.The Debilly footbridge had, as well, a succession of provisional names. It was initially called passerelle de l'Exposition Militaire or passerelle de Magdebourg, only later passerelle Debilly, after General Jean Louis Debilly of the French First Empire who was killed in the Battle of Jena in 1806. The bridge became a permanent fixture from its original provisional status under the management of the City of Paris in 1906 after it was relocated opposite to the rue de la Manutention.The footbridge is built on a metallic framework resting on two stone piers at the riverbanks, and decorated with dark green ceramic tiles arranged in a fashion that suggests the impression of waves. Along with the Eiffel Tower, this is the second metallic structure that stands as an attestation to the engineering achievements of its epoch. Nevertheless, in 1941, the Debilly footbridge was threatened with disappearance when the president of the architectural society characterized it as a forgotten accessory of a past event. Fortunately, as a contemporary of the Pont Alexandre III and the Austerlitz Viaduct, the Passerelle Debilly was eventually included in the supplementary registry of historical monuments in 1966.

Port Debilly
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Port Debilly
Paris, France 75116

Le Shang Palace du Shangri-La Hotel, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
10 Avenue d'Iéna 75116 Paris, France
Paris, France 75116

0153671992

Apple France
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
7, place d'Iéna
Paris, France 75116

0643259805

Aquarium De Paris (Trocadero)
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
5 Avenue Albert De Mun, 75016 Paris, France
Paris, France 75016

0033 1 40 69 23 23

L'aquarium
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
5 avenue Albert de mun 75016 paris
Paris, France 75016

0618915054

Aux Marches du Palais
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
5 Rue de la Manutention
Paris, France 75016

01 47 23 52 80

Ozu
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
5 avenue Albert de Mun, 75016
Paris, France

Aquarium De Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
5 Avenue Albert De Mun, 75016 Paris
Paris, France 75116

Les Siestes Electroniques
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
37 quai Branly 75007 Paris
Paris, France 75007

Tokyo Eat
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
13 avenue du president wilson
Paris, France 75116

+33 1 47 20 00 29

Le Bistro Parisien
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Port de la Bourdonnais
Paris, France 75007

Le Yoyo
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
13 Avenue du Président Wilson
Paris, France

Paris #TourEifeil
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39