235A Westferry Road London, United Kingdom E14 3QS 02075372626
The Docklands Sailing and Watersports Centre is based at the west end of Millwall Outer Dock on the Isle of Dogs and offers a huge range of Water Sports training and opportunities. We are a Royal Yachting Association recognised training centre, and deliver courses in Sailing, Windsurfing and Powerboating under the RYA scheme. We also offer British Canoe Union courses in paddlesports. We have a healthy adult membership taking advantage of our Open Sessions and social sailing including our famous Twilight sessions on a Wednesday night. For those wishing to progress their skills further we also run improvers clinics in all sports on a Monday night. For young people we run a twice weekly Youth Club on Monday nights and Sunday mornings, together with advanced sessions for those wishing to take their skills further, sailing racing in particular has become very popular this year with a number of weekly sessions aimed at competitive sailing. In addition to this we run a number of off-site activities including river sailing trips on the Tidal Thames and trips away to other watersports locations. Group bookings of various kinds are also welcome at the centre. We can cater for all ranges of abilities and requirements.
Sports and Recreation Near The Docklands Sailing & Watersports Centre | DSWC London
Water Babies runs fun, innovative baby swimming classes across South East London for babies newborn up to 4 years old.
Our fully qualified teachers are world class and could have trained as private pilots – three times over – in the time it takes them to qualify with us. With a multi-award winning programme which teaches vital water confidence and safety skills from birth, our overall aim is to teach you to teach your baby to swim.
So we’ll always explain why we’re doing everything, as well as carefully demonstrate exactly what to do.
For further details please call 020 8858 5242, email [email protected] or visit www.waterbabies.co.uk/local/london-se
We encourage comments on Water Babies related subjects in an intelligent and constructive manner. We reflect a wide range of interests for the benefit of all of our users.
* Keep your comments relevant to the topic. Off-topic comments will be removed so we can keep discussions focused for all of our users. New discussions may be started on new topics and all relevant comments should be directed there.
* Treat others as you would like to be treated. Be polite, even if you disagree. Abusive language, aggression and bullying are not allowed (whether aimed at users, individuals, Water Babies or other companies). Distressing content is also banned.
* We will try to help you with any queries, but to respect your privacy we cannot ask for personal contact details on this page.
* In the event of fraud, abuse, and/or an error affecting from competitions, Water Babies reserves the right to end or suspend the Prize Draw; amend our terms & conditions; declare void the notification of the winner; and/or to allocate available prizes by conducting a simple draw from all wrongly allocated winners.
* To safeguard the privacy of individuals any postings including information that may identify individuals offline may be removed.
* Constructive criticisms of Water Babies which we can act on or respond to are allowed.
* Repeated duplicate postings (spam) by the same user or groups will be removed as they clutter up discussions for other users.
* Comments subject to legal issues (slander, defamation, contempt of court) or publicising / encouraging / endorsing illegal activity will be removed.
* Content with overt religious or political bias intended to incite others will be removed. Aggressive lobbying that disrupts the community for other Water Babies users will be removed.
* Impersonating brands or other users or featuring licensed or copyright material is not allowed.
* Images and video where consent from those featured is not clear will be removed.
* We do not allow links to non-Water Babies sites as we cannot guarantee the content of those sites.
Finally, Water Babies retains the right to remove content posted to Facebook or block users from posting to this page for any other reason deemed necessary to create a helpful community.
Please respect all of Facebook’s terms and conditions https://www.facebook.com/terms.php
Sewingtime Greenwich, offers Adults and Children a creative place to learn and sew. Beginners sewing and dressmaking classes are available throughout the year as well as sewing services such as alterations and made to measure. We also have sewing and knitting supplies for sale in our online shop or drop by our stall in Greenwich Market at the weekend.
Progressive Sports is dedicated to giving every child the right to be physically active by working woth schools and communities throughout the UK helping them to access high quality PE & sport.
So apart from working in schools we also run multisport courses in the half term breaks. This gives children a chance to try different sports they've never played before and also the chance to meet new friends in a healthy environment.
As well as sports we also run Dance clubs throughout the half term where children will get to learn street dance, cheerleading, ballroom, musical threatre and zumba.
Whether as an outing with family or friends, or a competitive game between your work colleagues, come and visit us as your favorite leisure activity. With 28 lanes, a licensed bar, a café, amusement area and an enthusiastic team we're ready to make your evening a great time out.
Book online at www.hollywoodbowl.co.uk or call us on 0844 826 1470, or just pop in to our centre where one of our team will be happy to help.
We look forward to seeing you and your party soon!
Sunday - Thursday: 10am to 11:30pm
Friday and Saturday: 10am to Midnight
Bikram Yoga is a series of 26 yoga postures and breathing exercises derived from Hatha yoga and performed in a room heated to approximately 40°C.
The class is designed for all levels, ranging from first-time students to more advanced practitioners. The principle, during the 90-minute session, is to work out every muscle, tendon, joint, ligament, organ and gland while systematically moving oxygenated blood to every cell of the body.
The postures are practiced in the safe environment of a heated room, increasing muscle relaxation and blood circulation and minimizing risk of injury. The heat also strengthens the cardiovascular system and flushes toxins from the body through sweat.
The type and sequence of the stretching and compression postures ensure that the health effects are optimized, massaging all internal organs, flushing out the cardiovascular system, and stimulating the endocrine and nervous systems, thereby releasing any deficient hormones and enzymes.
The result is improvement of health to all systems, reduction of stress, strengthening of the immune system and healing of injuries. Regularly practising Bikram Yoga can reduce many symptoms of chronic ailments and diseases, including back and joint problems, diabetes, asthma, arthritis, sleep disorders, digestive problems, tendonitis, skin conditions, and others.
You will leave each class feeling rejuvenated and energized. Bikram Yoga builds strength, flexibility, grace, balance, and endurance, ultimately promoting the creation of a lean and healthy body inside out. At the same time, it has positive effects on mental well-being, making you more productive, focused and balanced, resulting in an eventual union of the body, mind and spirit.
Over the next 10 weeks body reform will be doing a body transformation for three clients and a one of our very own PT’s. We will be working on body composition, strength training and movement patterns.
We will be posting regular updates on their diets, workouts and personal blogs from the clients themselves . At the end of the 10 weeks if we will be showing the before and after photos, and will reveal the full training programs used for the transformation if we get enough likes on this page.
Bespoke Cycling is London's most exquisite bike retailer offering road bikes from Parlee, Independent Fabrication, Trek Project One, Colnago, Look, Shand and Specialized S-Works, and MTBs from Santa Cruz and Yeti. Our 3D motion capture bike fitting service is underpinned by the sports science training of our expert bike fitters. We also have a fully equipped workshop for all your servicing requirements. All this in three London locations.