The official English Heritage Facebook site for Stonehenge, near Salisbury in the beautiful Wiltshire countryside. This account is managed Mon-Fri 9-5.
English Heritage is the custodian of over 400 historic monuments, buildings and sites. Through these we bring the story of England to life for over 10 million visitors each year.
The true meaning of Stonehenge - this ancient, awe-inspiring creation has been lost in the mists of time. Was it a temple for sun worship, a healing centre, a burial site or perhaps a huge calendar? How did our ancestors manage to carry the mighty stones from so far away and then, using only the most primitive of tools, build this amazing structure? Surrounded by mystery, Stonehenge never fails to impress.
We love England’s heritage, and hearing about your fantastic days out at our properties. We’re here to answer your queries 9-5 Mon-Fri.
This page is designed as a place to discuss Stonehenge - to share tips for a great day out at the site, upcoming events and news from the Stones. We love hearing the ideas and opinions of our social community, and encourage you to leave comments, photos, videos and links (‘content’) here on our page.
However, in the interests of our whole community, by using this site you accept our ‘house rules’ and agree that any content posted by you on our page will follow these rules.
Content posted on our page must not:
• be threatening, violent, attacking or harassing towards other users
• contain or promote discrimination based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability or medical conditions
• be defamatory of any other person
• constitute trolling, repeat off-topic discussions or repeatedly contain similar comments
• be obscene, offensive or inflammatory
• constitute unlawful activity, or be deemed to support unlawful activity
• disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, email address or any other personal data in respect of any individual
• contain links to files which contain malicious software
• infringe any copyright, database right, trademark or other intellectual property rights of any other person
• impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person
• advertise any products or personal projects which are unrelated to the discussion, Stonehenge or the work of English Heritage
If we consider that any of our house rules have been broken, we will take whatever action we feel is appropriate, including deleting any content.
We support Facebook’s community standards, and ask that you do, too: www.facebook.com/communitystandards
If you have any questions about the house rules, Stonehenge, the work of English Heritage, membership or queries that need a more in depth answer our Customer Services team would be happy to help. Please email us at [email protected]
Historical Place Near Stonehenge
National Trust Stonehenge LandscapeDistance: 0.7 miTourist Information National Trust, Stonehenge Landscape, 3 Stonehenge Cottages, King Barrows Amesbury, SP4 7DE 01980 664780
The National Trust owns and cares for 827 hectares (2,100 acres) of downland surrounding Stonehenge. Today thanks to our programme turning ploughed fields into pasture you can explore many of the World Heritage Site's most famous monuments - including the Avenue, Durrington Walls henge, the Cursus and a host of barrow cemeteries. Part of the Stonehenge & Avebury World Heritage Site.