EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Avenue De La Grande Armée, Paris | Tourist Information


Av. De La Grande Armée
Paris, France 75017


Landmark Near Avenue De La Grande Armée

Avenue Bosquet
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Bosquet
Paris, 75007

Rue Jean Bologne
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
16 R. Jean Bologne
Paris, 75016

01 46 47 93 12

Square Alboni
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Square Alboni
Paris, 75116

Hôtel de Béhague
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
123 rue Saint Dominique
Paris, 75007

L’hôtel de Béhague, ou de Béarn, est un hôtel particulier situé à Paris en France. Il abrite aujourd'hui l'Ambassade de Roumanie.LocalisationIl est situé au rue Saint-Dominique, dans le 7e arrondissement de Paris de Paris.HistoireConstruit en 1866 pour le comte Octave de Béhague par Gabriel-Hippolyte Destailleur et agrandi en 1895-1904 par Walter-André Destailleur pour Martine-Marie-Pol de Béhague, comtesse de Béarn. Acheté en 1939 par Carol II, il abrite depuis cette date l'ambassade de Roumanie.Ce bâtiment fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Voir aussiArticles connexes Liste des monuments historiques du 7e arrondissement de Paris Liste des hôtels particuliers parisiens Relations entre la France et la Roumanie

Place du Costa Rica
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Place de Costa Rica
Paris,

Jardin du Ranelagh
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
1 Avenue Prudhon
Paris, 75016

Paris - Pont d'Iéna
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont d'Iéna
Paris, 75015

Eglise Saint Pierre Du Gros Caillou
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
92, Rue Saint-Dominique
Paris, 75007

(0033)144420404

Musée Marmottan Monet
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
2 rue Louis-Boilly
Paris, 75016

Musée Marmottan Monet is located at 2, rue Louis Boilly in the 16th arrondissement of Paris. It features a collection of over three hundred Impressionist and Post-Impressionist works by Claude Monet (with the largest collection of his works in the world), Berthe Morisot, Edgar Degas, Édouard Manet, Alfred Sisley, Camille Pissarro, Paul Gauguin, Paul Signac and Pierre-Auguste Renoir. In addition it houses the Wildenstein Collection of illuminated manuscripts and the Jules and Paul Marmottan collection of Napoleonic era art and furniture as well as Italian and Flemish primitive paintings.The nearest métro station is La Muette.HistoryOriginally a hunting lodge for the Duke of Valmy, the house at the edge of the Bois de Boulogne was purchased by Jules Marmottan in 1882 who later left it to his son Paul Marmottan. Marmottan moved into the lodge and, with an interest in the Napoleonic era, he expanded his father's collection of paintings, furniture and bronzes. Marmottan bequeathed his home and collection to the Académie des Beaux-Arts. The Académie opened up the house and collection as the Museum Marmottan in 1934.

American University of Paris Library
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
9 Bis Rue de Monttessuy
Paris, 75007

01 45 56 92 89

Lycée Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
12 rue Benjamin Franklin
Paris, 75116

01 44 30 45 50

The Lycée Saint-Louis de Gonzague, founded in 1894, is a Roman Catholic, Jesuit school in the 16th arrondissement of Paris. It is regarded as the most prestigious French private high school. It is an historical rival of the Lycée Saint-Jean-de-Passy.HistoryThe “Petit Externat du Trocadéro” was inaugurated on September 28th, 1894. The last Jesuit school established in the capital, it is the only one remaining after the closing of the colleges on Madrid and Vaugirard streets. It has enlarged little by little through real estate transactions in the immediate neighbourhood. At its inception in 1895 enrollment was 75 in classes 5 through 10. By 1898 enrollment was 220 pupils. Enrollment dropped due to the laws of 1901 but remained open without authorization. By 1920 enrollment reached 885 pupils. In 1920 an alumni association was formed. Anticlerical laws led to lawsuit payments that in 1923 almost led to the sale of Franklin.On the initiative of its director, Fr. François Berlier de Vauplane, the Franklin Street campus was rebuilt between 1933 and 1935 by the architect Henry Violet. The vault contains a fresco representing the principal episodes in the life of St. Aloysius Gonzaga, the work of Henri de Maistre, prominent French painter of religious art. This contributed to its registration as a historic building in 1993. There are three recreation spaces on the roofs of the buildings, and a table tennis room and gymnasium in basement.During the Second World War manpower fluctuated and classes were held in the cellars at Franklin or Cup streets. In 1942, an elementary school was opened on Louis-David street. By the end of the war in 1945, Franklin counted 1,100 students. Many new courses were added in 1950 and by 1956 the staff numbered about 100. In 1968, Miss de Follin was named director of the elementary school. In 1969, a layperson was named prefect of the college and the number of Jesuits decreased. By 1978 there were 9 Jesuits and 86 lay teachers. In 1980 Franklin began admitting girls.

Lycée Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
12 rue Benjamin Franklin
Paris, 75116

01 44 30 45 50

The Lycée Saint-Louis de Gonzague, founded in 1894, is a Roman Catholic, Jesuit school in the 16th arrondissement of Paris. It is regarded as the most prestigious French private high school. It is an historical rival of the Lycée Saint-Jean-de-Passy.HistoryThe “Petit Externat du Trocadéro” was inaugurated on September 28th, 1894. The last Jesuit school established in the capital, it is the only one remaining after the closing of the colleges on Madrid and Vaugirard streets. It has enlarged little by little through real estate transactions in the immediate neighbourhood. At its inception in 1895 enrollment was 75 in classes 5 through 10. By 1898 enrollment was 220 pupils. Enrollment dropped due to the laws of 1901 but remained open without authorization. By 1920 enrollment reached 885 pupils. In 1920 an alumni association was formed. Anticlerical laws led to lawsuit payments that in 1923 almost led to the sale of Franklin.On the initiative of its director, Fr. François Berlier de Vauplane, the Franklin Street campus was rebuilt between 1933 and 1935 by the architect Henry Violet. The vault contains a fresco representing the principal episodes in the life of St. Aloysius Gonzaga, the work of Henri de Maistre, prominent French painter of religious art. This contributed to its registration as a historic building in 1993. There are three recreation spaces on the roofs of the buildings, and a table tennis room and gymnasium in basement.During the Second World War manpower fluctuated and classes were held in the cellars at Franklin or Cup streets. In 1942, an elementary school was opened on Louis-David street. By the end of the war in 1945, Franklin counted 1,100 students. Many new courses were added in 1950 and by 1956 the staff numbered about 100. In 1968, Miss de Follin was named director of the elementary school. In 1969, a layperson was named prefect of the college and the number of Jesuits decreased. By 1978 there were 9 Jesuits and 86 lay teachers. In 1980 Franklin began admitting girls.

Lycée Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
12 rue Benjamin Franklin
Paris, 75116

Le lycée Saint-Louis de Gonzague, portant le nom du saint Louis de Gonzague (1568-1591) et communément appelé « Franklin », est un établissement privé catholique sous contrat, fondé en 1894, dirigé par les jésuites et situé dans le arrondissement de Paris. Les élèves de l'établissement sont appelés « Franklinois ».Localisation et sociologie Le « petit collège » se trouve rue Louis-David. Le collège et le lycée se situent rue Franklin devenue la rue Benjamin-Franklin en 1988. Les classes préparatoires sont avenue de Camoëns.Tous ces locaux se situent dans le arrondissement de Paris. La rue Benjamin-Franklin et l'avenue de Camoëns sont perpendiculaires l'une de l'autre.Sa localisation géographique et son excellence académique font que le lycée est essentiellement fréquenté par des enfants de la haute bourgeoisie de l'Ouest parisien. Celui-ci a fait l'objet d'études par les sociologues Michel Pinçon et Monique Pinçon-Charlot dans l'étude de la reproduction des élites.La proximité et les similitudes qu'il partage avec le lycée Saint-Jean-de-Passy ont abouti à la création d'une rivalité entre les élèves des deux lycées.HistoireLe « petit externat du Trocadéro » est inauguré le 28 septembre 1894, alors que l'Ouest parisien s'urbanise peu à peu. Dernier ouvert des établissements jésuites de la capitale, il reste le seul après la fermeture des collèges des rues de Madrid et de Vaugirard. Il est agrandi peu à peu grâce à des opérations immobilières menées dans le voisinage immédiat.

Lycée Saint-Louis-de-Gonzague
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
12 rue Benjamin Franklin
Paris, 75116

Le lycée Saint-Louis de Gonzague, portant le nom du saint Louis de Gonzague (1568-1591) et communément appelé « Franklin », est un établissement privé catholique sous contrat, fondé en 1894, dirigé par les jésuites et situé dans le arrondissement de Paris. Les élèves de l'établissement sont appelés « Franklinois ».Localisation et sociologie Le « petit collège » se trouve rue Louis-David. Le collège et le lycée se situent rue Franklin devenue la rue Benjamin-Franklin en 1988. Les classes préparatoires sont avenue de Camoëns.Tous ces locaux se situent dans le arrondissement de Paris. La rue Benjamin-Franklin et l'avenue de Camoëns sont perpendiculaires l'une de l'autre.Sa localisation géographique et son excellence académique font que le lycée est essentiellement fréquenté par des enfants de la haute bourgeoisie de l'Ouest parisien. Celui-ci a fait l'objet d'études par les sociologues Michel Pinçon et Monique Pinçon-Charlot dans l'étude de la reproduction des élites.La proximité et les similitudes qu'il partage avec le lycée Saint-Jean-de-Passy ont abouti à la création d'une rivalité entre les élèves des deux lycées.HistoireLe « petit externat du Trocadéro » est inauguré le 28 septembre 1894, alors que l'Ouest parisien s'urbanise peu à peu. Dernier ouvert des établissements jésuites de la capitale, il reste le seul après la fermeture des collèges des rues de Madrid et de Vaugirard. Il est agrandi peu à peu grâce à des opérations immobilières menées dans le voisinage immédiat.

Pont d'Iéna
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont d'Iéna
Paris, 75007

Le pont d’Iéna est un pont parisien franchissant la Seine. Il fait l’objet d’une inscription au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.SituationLe pont d’Iéna relie la tour Eiffel au Trocadéro. Sur la rive gauche, il sépare le port de la Bourdonnais du port de Suffren.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Trocadéro.HistoireNapoléon Bonaparte fit construire un pont faisant face à l’École militaire et il lui donna par un décret daté de Varsovie en 1807 le nom de la bataille d’Iéna remportée le 14 octobre 1806, au lieu des noms précédemment envisagés (pont du Champ-de-Mars ou pont de l’École-Militaire).Sa construction initiale a duré de 1808 à 1814 sous la direction de Corneille Lamandé et Dillon. Lors de l'occupation de la capitale par les troupes prussiennes, le général Blücher, le vaincu de la bataille d'Iéna, voulut le faire sauter, mais Talleyrand fait débaptiser l'ouvrage qui est renommé Pont de l'École Militaire et l'on fit disparaître les aigles qui le décoraient. Il retrouvera son nom et ses atours sous Louis-Philippe.

Pont d'Iéna
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont d'Iéna
Paris, 75016

Pont d'Iéna is a bridge spanning the River Seine in Paris. It links the Eiffel Tower on the Left Bank to the district of Trocadéro on the Right Bank.HistoryIn 1807, Napoléon I ordered, by an imperial decree issued in Warsaw, the construction of a bridge overlooking the Military School, and named the bridge after his victory in 1806 at the Battle of Jena, disregarding names considered previously: pont du Champ-de-Mars and pont de l'École militaire. Prussian General Blücher wanted to destroy the bridge before the Battle of Paris in 1814, but was persuaded not to by the Allied forces. Blücher had been present at the humiliating defeat of the Prussians by Napoleon at the Battle of Jena, where approximately 28,000 Prussians were killed to France's 2,480, after which Prussia was occupied by France.The structure was designed with five arches, each with an arc length of 28 m, and four intermediate piers. The initial construction, the cost of which was enormous at the time, was fully financed by the State and spanned six years from 1808 to 1814.The tympana along the sides of the bridge had been originally decorated with imperial eagles conceptualized by François-Frédéric Lemot and sculpted by Jean-François Mouret. The eagles were replaced with the royal letter "L" soon after the fall of the First Empire in 1815 but in 1852, when Napoléon III ascended the throne of the Second Empire, new imperial eagles, this time by the chisel of Antoine-Louis Barye, replaced the royal "L".

Francophonie
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
19-21 avenue bosquet
Paris, 75007

La francophonie désigne l'ensemble des personnes et des institutions qui utilisent le français comme langue de première socialisation , langue d'usage, langue administrative, langue d'enseignement ou langue choisie. La francophonie peut renvoyer tant à l'ensemble des pays francophones qu'à l'ensemble des pays ou régions membres de l'Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) (notamment représentés par l'Association internationale des régions francophones (AIRF), où le français n'est d'ailleurs pas obligatoirement la langue majoritaire, ni même langue officielle.Selon l'OIF, en 2014, le français est la cinquième langue la plus parlée au monde avec 274 millions de locuteurs représentant 4 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 26), dont 212 millions en faisant un usage quotidien (+ 7 % entre 2010 et 2014) représentant 3 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 32). Estimé à 284 millions en 2015, le nombre de francophones approchera les 700 millions en 2050 soit 8 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 13), et 85 % de ces francophones seront en Afrique du fait de la croissance démographique.Dénominations« Francophonie », « francophonie » et « espace francophone »… Ces trois locutions ou syntagmes sont parfois synonymes mais le plus souvent complémentaires dans l'usage :

Francophonie
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
19-21 avenue bosquet
Paris, 75007

La francophonie désigne l'ensemble des personnes et des institutions qui utilisent le français comme langue de première socialisation , langue d'usage, langue administrative, langue d'enseignement ou langue choisie. La francophonie peut renvoyer tant à l'ensemble des pays francophones qu'à l'ensemble des pays ou régions membres de l'Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) (notamment représentés par l'Association internationale des régions francophones (AIRF), où le français n'est d'ailleurs pas obligatoirement la langue majoritaire, ni même langue officielle.Selon l'OIF, en 2014, le français est la cinquième langue la plus parlée au monde avec 274 millions de locuteurs représentant 4 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 26), dont 212 millions en faisant un usage quotidien (+ 7 % entre 2010 et 2014) représentant 3 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 32). Estimé à 284 millions en 2015, le nombre de francophones approchera les 700 millions en 2050 soit 8 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 13), et 85 % de ces francophones seront en Afrique du fait de la croissance démographique.Dénominations« Francophonie », « francophonie » et « espace francophone »… Ces trois locutions ou syntagmes sont parfois synonymes mais le plus souvent complémentaires dans l'usage :

En Face De La Tour Eiffel Sur Les Quais Dans Le Perimetre De Securite!!!
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Place de Varsovie
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de Varsovie
Paris,

Place de Varsovie – plac w zachodniej części Paryża, na północnym brzegu Sekwany, naprzeciwko wieży Eiffla, z którą łączy go Pont d'Iéna. Swoją nazwę otrzymał w 1928 roku. W 1978 roku ustawiono na placu pomnik kombatantów polskich walczących w obronie i o wyzwolenie Francji.

Avenue Paul Doumer
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Paul Doumer
Paris, 75116

Die Avenue Paul Doumer ist eine Straße im 16. Arrondissement von Paris, im Viertel Muette. Die 970 Meter lange und 30 Meter breite Straße beginnt an der Place du Trocadéro et du 11 Novembre und endet an der Rue de Passy Nr. 82 und der Chaussée de la Muette Nr. 2. An ihrem Ende wird sie in südwestlicher Richtung durch die Avenue Mozart „verlängert“.GeschichteDie Anfänge der Straße liegen im Jahr 1904 im Abschnitt zwischen der Rue de la Pompe und der Chaussée de la Muette. Ursprünglich trug sie den Namen Avenue de la Muette. Nach der Ermordung des ehemaligen französischen Staatspräsidenten Paul Doumer Anfang Mai 1932 erhielt die Straße am 19. Juli 1932 ihre heutige Bezeichnung.Wohnsitz berühmter PersonenIn dem Haus Nummer 71 lebte einst Brigitte Bardot.Das mit der Filmindustrie am engsten verbundene Haus der Straße findet sich unter Nummer 19. Hier lebten einige Schauspieler und andere Größen der Filmbranche, wie zum Beispiel Mireille Darc und Robert Hossein. Das Haus war auch Drehort des 1970 uraufgeführten französischen Spielfilms Vier im roten Kreis (OT: Le cercle rouge). Im Film unterhielt der Gangster Corey (dargestellt von Alain Delon) eine Wohnung in diesem Haus.

Port Debilly
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Port Debilly
Paris, 75116

19 avenue Paul Doumer, 75116 Paris
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
19 avenue paul doumer
Paris, 75116

Набережная Бранли
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai Branly
Paris, 75015

На́бережная Бранли́  — улица и набережная вдоль левого берега Сены в VII и XV округе Парижа. Названа в честь Эдуарда Бранли, французского изобретателя и медика.Примечательные здания и сооружения Музей на набережной Бранли Эйфелева башня по адресу Наб. Бранли, 1 вместо зданий государственной метеорологической службы Франции должен быть возведён российский духовно-культурный православный центр. На его территории планируется построить новый кафедральный собор Корсунской епархии Московского Патриархата. Сюда же должна переехать Русская духовная семинария во Франции.См. также Российский духовно-культурный центр (Париж)

Trocadéro
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue du Sommerard
Paris, 75116

Paris Sewer Museum
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Face au 93, quai d'Orsay
Paris, 75007

+33 (0) 1 53 68 27 81.

Musée des Égouts de Paris, tức Bảo tàng cống ngầm Paris, là tên gọi một phần cống ngầm của thành phố Paris được mở cửa cho công chúng tới thăm, lối vào ở bên cầu Alma, Quận 7. Hệ thống cống ngầm của Paris được xây dựng từ nhiều thể kỷ trước và dài hàng ngàn km. Chính quyền Paris ngày nay mở cửa một phần cống ngầm cho công chúng vào khám phá, và tổ chức cả những triển lãm giới thiệu lịch sử hệ thống cống và vòng tuần hoàn nước ở Paris. Năm 2007 đã có gần 100 ngàn lượt khách vào thăm hệ thống cống ngầm của Paris.Liên kết ngoài Musée des Égouts de Paris trên trang của thành phố Paris

Paris sewers
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Alma, rive gauche, Face au 93 quai d'Orsay
Paris, 75007

+33 (0) 1 53 68 27 81.

The Parisian sewer system dates back to the year 1370 when the first underground system was constructed under "rue Montmartre". Since then, consecutive French governments have enlarged the system to cover the city's population.HistoryUntil the Middle Ages, the drinking water in Paris was taken from the river Seine. The wastewater was poured onto fields or unpaved streets, and finally filtered back into the Seine. Around 1200, Phillipe Auguste had the Parisian streets paved, incorporating a drain for waste water in their middle. In 1370 Hugues Aubriot, a Parisian provost had a vaulted, stone walled sewer built in the "rue Montmartre". This sewer collected the wastewater and took it to the "Ménilmontant" brook. However the wastewater was still drained in the open air.Under the reign of Louis XIV, a large ring sewer was built on the right bank, and the Bièvre River was used as a sewer for the left bank of the Seine. On at least two occasions in the late 1700s, Paris refused to build an updated water system that scientists had studied. Women were actually carrying water from the river Seine to their residences in buckets. Voltaire wrote about it, saying that they "will not begrudge money for a Comic Opera, but will complain about building aqueducts worthy of Augustus". Louis Pasteur himself lost three children to typhoid. Under Napoleon I, the first Parisian vaulted sewer network was built. It was 30 km long.In 1855, as a part of his plan to improve the sanitation and traffic circulation in Paris, Napoleon III ordered the construction of new boulevards, aqueducts and sewers. His prefect for the Seine, Baron Haussmann, and the engineer Eugène Belgrand, designed the present Parisian sewer and water supply networks. Thus was built, more than a century ago, a double water supply network (one for drinking water and one for non drinking water) and a sewer network that was 600 km long in 1878.

Passerelle Debilly
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Passerelle Debilly
Paris, 75016

The Passerelle Debilly is an arch bridge situated in Paris bestriding the Seine. It is a footbridge that connects the quai de New York to the quai Branly, close to the Eiffel Tower.HistoryIn order to accommodate visitor traffic to the 1900 World's Fair across the Seine, the General Commissioner of the Exposition, Alfred Picard, approved the construction of a provisional footbridge opposite the Avenue Albert de Mun, to join the Army and Navy Halls to the exhibit recreating old Paris. Its architect, Jean Résal, also designed the Pont Alexandre III and the Viaduc d'Austerlitz.The Debilly footbridge had, as well, a succession of provisional names. It was initially called passerelle de l'Exposition Militaire or passerelle de Magdebourg, only later passerelle Debilly, after General Jean Louis Debilly of the French First Empire who was killed in the Battle of Jena in 1806. The bridge became a permanent fixture from its original provisional status under the management of the City of Paris in 1906 after it was relocated opposite to the rue de la Manutention.The footbridge is built on a metallic framework resting on two stone piers at the riverbanks, and decorated with dark green ceramic tiles arranged in a fashion that suggests the impression of waves. Along with the Eiffel Tower, this is the second metallic structure that stands as an attestation to the engineering achievements of its epoch. Nevertheless, in 1941, the Debilly footbridge was threatened with disappearance when the president of the architectural society characterized it as a forgotten accessory of a past event. Fortunately, as a contemporary of the Pont Alexandre III and the Austerlitz Viaduct, the Passerelle Debilly was eventually included in the supplementary registry of historical monuments in 1966.

Public places Near Avenue De La Grande Armée

Avenue Foch
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Foch
Paris, France 75116 Paris

Afrique en Avant
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
54 avenue Charles de gaules
Paris, France 75000

Charles De Gaulle Etoile
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Charles de Gaulle Étoile
Paris, France Paris

Avenue de Wagram
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Avenue de Wagram
Paris, France

Place Saint-Ferdinand
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Ferdinand
Paris, France 75017