EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Saint Chapelle, Paris | Tourist Information


sainte-chapelle.monuments-nationaux.fr

8 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Catholic Church Near Saint Chapelle

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6, Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75015

+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Notre Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France 75004

Notre-Dame de Paris, also known as Notre-Dame Cathedral or simply Notre-Dame, is a medieval Catholic cathedral on the Île de la Cité in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, France. The cathedral is widely considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, and is among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world. The naturalism of its sculptures and stained glass are in contrast with earlier Romanesque architecture.As the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Paris, Notre-Dame contains the cathedra of the Archbishop of Paris, currently Cardinal André Vingt-Trois. The cathedral treasury contains a reliquary which houses some of Catholicism's most important relics, including the purported Crown of Thorns, a fragment of the True Cross, and one of the Holy Nails.

Notre-Dame de Paris 2013
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6 place du Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le 850e anniversaire de Notre-Dame de Paris s’ouvrira le 12 décembre 2012 et se poursuivra jusqu’au 24 novembre 2013. 850 ans d’Histoire, d’Art, de Spiritualité au cœur de la Cité qui seront célébrés au cours de cette année marquée par de nombreuses festivités, cérémonies et actions de grâces ainsi que par de grandes réalisations culturelles, dont certaines s’inscriront en droite ligne des bâtisseurs de cathédrales.

Eglise Saint-Eustache
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
2, impasse Saint-Eustache
Paris, France 75001

01 42 36 31 05

Eglise Notre Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6, place du parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

01 42 34 56 10

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St. Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

Saint-Sulpice is a Roman Catholic church in Paris, France, on the east side of the Place Saint-Sulpice within the rue Bonaparte, in the Luxembourg Quarter of the 6th arrondissement. At 113 metres long, 58 metres in width and 34 metres tall, it is only slightly smaller than Notre-Dame and thus the second largest church in the city. It is dedicated to Sulpitius the Pious. Construction of the present building, the second church on the site, began in 1646. During the 18th century, an elaborate gnomon, the Gnomon of Saint-Sulpice, was constructed in the church.HistoryThe present church is the second building on the site, erected over a Romanesque church originally constructed during the 13th century. Additions were made over the centuries, up to 1631. The new building was founded in 1646 by parish priest Jean-Jacques Olier (1608–1657) who had established the Society of Saint-Sulpice, a clerical congregation, and a seminary attached to the church. Anne of Austria laid the first stone.Construction began in 1646 to designs which had been created in 1636 by Christophe Gamard, but the Fronde interfered, and only the Lady Chapel had been built by 1660, when Daniel Gittard provided a new general design for most of the church. Gittard completed the sanctuary, ambulatory, apsidal chapels, transept, and north portal (1670–1678), after which construction was halted for lack of funds.

Sacré Coeur, Montmartre, Paris, France
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre
Paris, France 75018

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève, 75005
Paris, France 75005

L'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont est une église située sur la montagne Sainte-Geneviève, dans le arrondissement de Paris, à proximité du lycée Henri-IV et du Panthéon. Elle fait l'objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques par la liste de 1862.HistoireLes premières églisesL'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont tire son origine de l'abbaye Sainte-Geneviève, où la sainte éponyme avait été inhumée au. L'abbaye attirant à elle une foule de laïcs à son service, une chapelle leur est d'abord affectée dans la crypte. Consacrée à la Vierge Marie, puis à saint Jean apôtre, le lieu s'avère trop exigu pour accueillir tous les fidèles. En 1222, le pape Honorius III autorise la fondation d'une église autonome, qui est consacrée cette fois à saint Étienne, alors saint patron de la cathédrale Saint-Étienne de Paris, l'ancienne cathédrale de Paris qui se trouvait à l'emplacement de Notre-Dame.

Église de Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
3 place Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Paris, France 75006

01 55 42 81 10

Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
2 Place du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 42 60 13 96

L'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois est une église située dans l'actuel arrondissement de Paris. Elle fut également appelée église Saint-Germain-le-Rond. Depuis l'Ancien Régime, elle est connue comme la « paroisse des artistes ».Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois est nommée en l'honneur de l'évêque Germain d'Auxerre.SituationL'église se trouve sur le côté sud-est de la place du Louvre, face à la colonnade du Louvre, à proximité de la mairie de arrondissement.Elle est desservie par les stations de métro Louvre - Rivoli et Pont Neuf.HistoireHistoire de l'égliseHaut-Moyen ÂgeL'existence de l'église est attestée au car c'est le lieu de sépulture de Saint Landri, évêque de Paris, mort vers 655 ou 656. L'Abbé Lebeuf croit qu'il en faut attribuer la première origine à une chapelle, la chapelle de Saint-Vincent, qui aurait été construite peu de temps après la mort de Saint Germain, évêque d'Auxerre.

Noter Dame
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
place du Parvis-Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of Saint Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.HistoryThe church of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont originated in the abbey of Sainte-Genevieve, where the eponymous saint had been buried in the 6th century. Devoted to the Virgin Mary, then to St. John the Apostle, the place was too small to accommodate all the faithful. In 1222, Pope Honorius III authorized the establishment of an autonomous church, which was devoted this time to St Etienne, then the patron saint of the old cathedral of Paris.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 19 36

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

L'église Saint-Séverin est une église du Quartier latin de Paris, située rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin dans le quartier de la Sorbonne dans le arrondissement de Paris.L'ensemble formé par l'église, la « maison paroissiale - presbytère », le square André-Lefèbvre et le cloître est délimité par la rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin, la rue de la Parcheminerie, la rue Saint-Jacques et la rue Saint-Séverin.Elle est de facto l'unique l'église paroissiale de la paroisse Saint-Séverin-Saint-Nicolas (les deux paroisses ayant été fusionnées en 1968). En effet, depuis 1977, l'église Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet est occupée par des fidèles de la Fraternité sacerdotale Saint-Pie-X.

Notre Damme París
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France 75004

01 42 34 56 10

Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
2 Place du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

The Church of Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois is situated at 2 Place du Louvre, Paris 75001; the nearest Métro station is Louvre-Rivoli. Alexandre Boëly was organist at this church from 1840 to 1851.HistoryFounded in the 7th century, the church was rebuilt many times over several centuries. It now has construction in Roman, Gothic and Renaissance styles. The most striking exterior feature is the porch, with a rose window and a balustrade above which encircles the whole church, a work of Jean Gaussel (1435–39). Among the treasures preserved inside are a 15th-century wooden statue of Saint Germain, a stone carved statue of Saint-Vincent a stone sculpture of Isabelle of France (saint), a Flemish altarpiece carved out of wood, the famous "churchwarden's pew" where important people sat, made in 1683 by François, Le Mercier from drawings by Charles Le Brun.During the Wars of Religion, its bell called "Marie" sounded on the night of 23 August 1572, marking the beginning of the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. Thousands of Huguenots, who visited the city for a royal wedding, were killed by the mob of Paris. A splendid stained glass still remains, in spite of plunderings during the French Revolution. The north tower was added in 1860 and stands opposite the Mairie of the 1st Arrondissement (1859).

Church De Notre Dame France
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6, place du parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

0142345610

Paroisse Notre Dame du Liban à PARIS
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
15-17 rue d'Ulm
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 43 29 47 60

Historique Le culte maronite a été autorisé en France par arrêté du 1e septembre 1892. Dès lors, la chapelle du petit Luxembourg est mise à la disposition de la communauté maronite en Île-de-France. Jusqu'en 1915, les autorités françaises et le représentant du patriarche recherchent de concert un lieu de culte adapté aux besoins de la communauté. Dans le sillage de la séparation de l'Église et de l'État arrêtée en 1905, les pères jésuites de l'école Sainte Geneviève à Paris ont dû abandonner la chapelle de leur école et toute leur structure éducative s'était ensuite établie à Versailles rue des postes (Ginette). En 1915, l'ancienne chapelle de l'école Sainte Geneviève des pères jésuites à Paris est affectée au culte maronite. Elle est inaugurée le 16 juillet de cette même année sous le patronage de Notre Dame du Liban. Construite par le célèbre architecte ASTRUC dans un style néogothique, la chapelle est dotée d'une série de vitraux œuvre du maître verrier Émile HIRSCH. Les huit verrières du fond et la rosace restent cependant en verre losangé. Elle est inaugurée le 13 mai 1894, veille de la Pentecôte. En 1937, le gouvernement français et le patriarcat créent autour de l'église la fondation du foyer franco-libanais. Le 8 décembre 1963, le patriarche MEOUCHI inaugure les nouveaux locaux du foyer franco-libanais. Le 25 octobre 1990, commencent la réfection de la toiture et le projet de rénovation de l'église dont la majeure partie sera réalisée entre octobre 1991 et mai 1993. Les huit verrières du fond et la rosace sont garnies de vitraux. Les verrières ont été exécutées par les maîtres verriers Christiane et Philippe ANDRIEUX et la rosace, inspirée de Notre-Dame de Kannoubine, est l'œuvre de Marie-Jo et Yves GUEYEL. Entre 2010 et 2011, la fondation met à neuf les quatre façades extérieures, les chéneaux, la charpente et les vitraux.

Monument Near Saint Chapelle

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6, Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75015

+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris, located in the Place du Carrousel. It was built between 1806 and 1808 to commemorate Napoleon's military victories of the previous year. The more famous Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, across from the Champs Élysées, was designed in the same year; it is about twice the size and was not completed until 1836. It is also an example of Corinthian style architecture.

Panthéon
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

The Panthéon is a building in the Latin Quarter in Paris. It was originally built as a church dedicated to St. Genevieve and to house the reliquary châsse containing her relics but, after many changes, now functions as a secular mausoleum containing the remains of distinguished French citizens. It is an early example of neoclassicism, with a façade modeled on the Pantheon in Rome, surmounted by a dome that owes some of its character to Bramante's "Tempietto". Located in the 5th arrondissement on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, the Panthéon looks out over all of Paris. Designer Jacques-Germain Soufflot had the intention of combining the lightness and brightness of the Gothic cathedral with classical principles, but its role as a mausoleum required the great Gothic windows to be blocked.HistoryKing Louis XV vowed in 1744 that if he recovered from his illness he would replace the ruined church of the Abbey of St Genevieve with an edifice worthy of the patron saint of Paris. He did recover, and entrusted Abel-François Poisson, marquis de Marigny with the fulfillment of his vow. In 1755, Marigny commissioned Jacques-Germain Soufflot to design the church, with construction beginning two years later.

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, France 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

Maison de la Mutualité
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Maison de la Mutualité
Paris, France 75005

La Maison de la Mutualité est une salle polyvalente située à Paris au 24, rue Saint-Victor, dans le arrondissement.HistoireConstruction et description du bâtimentConstruite en 1930 par l'architecte Victor Lesage, à côté de l'église Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet, la Maison de la Mutualité est inaugurée, comme théâtre, en 1931 par le président de la République Paul Doumer.Sa façade art déco, sa toiture ainsi qu'une bonne partie des espaces intérieurs, font l'objet d'une inscription au titre des Monuments historiques depuis le.La salle comptait à l'origine places assises, en référence à la Révolution française. L'escalier intérieur menant à cette salle est de marbre blanc et comporte des.Le bâtiment est désormais composé d'une salle polyvalente de, d'un salon de ainsi que de neuf salles de 35 à.Tradition de gaucheUne des premières grandes utilisations de la salle date de 1933, où est organisé le 30 Congrès national de la SFIO. Siège social de la Fédération mutualiste de Paris (FMP), la maison de la Mutualité accueille depuis sa création de nombreux salons, congrès, séminaires et meetings politiques. À ce titre, elle est devenue un haut-lieu historique du militantisme des partis français de gauche. Néanmoins, elle est aussi parfois utilisée par l'extrême-gauche, l'extrême-droite et les écologistes.

Chapelle Notre-Dame De La Médaille Miraculeuse
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
140 Rue du Bac 75007 Paris
Paris, France 75007

06616926967

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Eglise Notre Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6, place du parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

01 42 34 56 10

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

Aifel Tower
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
1 Av Source de la Bièvre
Paris, France 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Place du Panthéon
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
5 place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

Place du Panthéon () is a square in Paris. It is located in the Latin Quarter, in the 5th arrondissement. It is named after the Panthéon.

Place du Panthéon
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
la place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

Place du Panthéon, au centre, le panthéon où repose les grands hommes de la Nation. En face, dans l'axe de la rue Soufflot, le jardin du Luxembourg. Autour du Panthéon : - la Mairie du Ve, - l'Hôtel des Grands Hommes, - le lycée henri IV, - l'Eglise Sainte Etienne du Mont, - la Bibliothèque Sainte Geneviève, - la faculté de Droit.

Arc De Triomphe
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, France 75008

01 55 37 73 77

Fontaine Stravinsky
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Igor Stravinsky
Paris, France 75004

Saint-Jacques Tower
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
39 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75004

Saint-Jacques Tower is a monument located in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, France, on Rue de Rivoli at Rue Nicolas Flamel. This 52m Flamboyant Gothic tower is all that remains of the former 16th-century Church of Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie, which was demolished in 1797, during the French Revolution, leaving only the tower. What remains of the destroyed church of St. Jacques La Boucherie is now considered a national historic landmark. The closest métro station is Châtelet.HistoryThe Way of St. JamesThe tower's rich decoration reflects the wealth of its patrons, the wholesale butchers of the nearby Les Halles market. The masons in charge were Jean de Felin, Julien Ménart and Jean de Revier. It was built in 1509 to 1523, during the reign of King Francis I. With a dedication to Saint James the Greater, the ancient church and its landmark tower welcomed pilgrims setting out on the road that led to Tours and headed for the way of St James, which led to the major pilgrimage destination of Santiago de Compostela. A relic of the saint preserved in the church linked it the more strongly and in modern times occasioned its listing in 1998 as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO among the sites and structures marking the chemins de Compostelle, the pilgrimage routes in France that led like tributaries of a great stream headed towards Santiago in the northwest of Spain.

Beaches Of Normandy/American Cemetary
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Omaha Beach
Colleville-sur-Mer, France 14710

02 31 51 62 00

A paris, sous la tour Eiffel.
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Rue de l´Université
Paris, France 75007

<>

Mairie du 4e arrondissement de Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
2, place Baudoyer
Paris, France 75004

01 44 54 75 04

La mairie du arrondissement de Paris est le bâtiment qui héberge les services municipaux du arrondissement de Paris, en France.LocalisationLa mairie du arrondissement est située place Baudoyer.HistoireLe bâtiment a été conçu par l'architecte Antoine-Nicolas Bailly et achevé en 1868.AnnexesArticles connexes arrondissement de Paris Hôtel de ville de Paris Mairie de ParisLiens externes Mairie du 4e arrondissement (paris.fr)Notes et références

Collège des Bernardins
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
20 rue de Poissy
Paris, France 75005

01 53 10 74 44

Le collège des Bernardins, ou collège Saint-Bernard, situé rue de Poissy dans le arrondissement de Paris, est un ancien collège cistercien de l'historique Université de Paris. Fondé par Étienne de Lexington, abbé de Clairvaux, et construit à partir de 1248 avec les encouragements du pape Innocent IV, il servit jusqu'à la révolution française de résidence pour les moines cisterciens étudiants à l'Université de Paris.Après une rénovation complète achevée en septembre 2008, c'est aujourd’hui un lieu de rencontres, de dialogues, de formation et de culture proposant une programmation riche de conférences et colloques, d’expositions, de concerts, d’activités pour le jeune public ainsi qu’un centre de formation théologique et biblique. Depuis 2009, il abrite l'Académie catholique de France.Il fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Histoire du CollègeLe Collège des Bernardins, commencé à l’époque du règne de Saint Louis, est situé rue de Poissy, une petite rue qui donne dans le boulevard Saint-Germain en direction de l’Île Saint-Louis. Chef-d’œuvre de l’architecture médiévale, c'est par la volonté de Monseigneur Lustiger alors archevêque de Paris qu'il a retrouvé sa place éminente de haut-lieu de la spiritualité, célèbre et reconnu dans toute l’Europe médiévale, d’où l’on venait étudier les textes savants des religieux de renom.

Les Caves du Louvre
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
52 rue de l'arbre sec
Paris, France 75001

01 40 28 13 11

Religious Center Near Saint Chapelle

Eglise Saint-Eustache
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
2, impasse Saint-Eustache
Paris, France 75001

01 42 36 31 05

La Madeleine, Paris
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

L'église de la Madeleine is a Roman Catholic church occupying a commanding position in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. The Madeleine Church was designed in its present form as a temple to the glory of Napoleon's army. To its south lies the Place de la Concorde, to the east is the Place Vendôme, and to the west Saint-Augustin, Paris. The closest métro station is Madeleine. 15px 15px 15px 15pxHistoryThe site of this edifice, centred at the end of rue Royale, a line-of-sight between Gabriel's twin hôtels in the Place de la Concorde, required a suitably monumental end from the time that square was established in 1755, as Place Louis XV. The settlement around the site was called Ville l'Évêque, for it had belonged to the Bishop of Paris since the time of Philip II of France, when Bishop Maurice de Sully seized the synagogue that stood on the site from the Jews of Paris in 1182, and consecrated it a church dedicated to Mary Magdalene. The site in the suburban faubourg had been annexed to the city of Paris in 1722.

Dôme des Invalides
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
129 Rue de Grenelle
Paris, France

Place Monge
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place Monge
Paris, France 75005

<>

Place Monge is a station of the Paris Métro, opened on 15 February 1930 as part of a planned section of line Line 7, which was temporarily operated as part of Line 10 until the completion of the under-Seine crossing of line 7 from Pont de Sully to Place Monge. The station was integrated into line 7 on 26 April 1931. It is named after the street of Place Monge, named after Gaspard Monge (1746 - 1818), a French mathematician and inventor of descriptive geometry.The station is located under Place Monge, in the 5th arrondissement, in the eastern part of the Latin Quarter. Nearby are the Jardin des Plantes (botanical garden), the Roman remains of the Arènes de Lutèce and the Rue Mouffetard, a street with restaurants and a lively street market.

La grande mosquée de Paris, 5éme.
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
2, bis place du puits de l’Ermite
Paris, France 75005

Missions Étrangères de Paris
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
128 rue du Bac
Paris, France 75007

01 44 39 10 40

La Madeline Church
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

01 44 51 69 00

Svenska kyrkan i Paris
Distance: 2.6 mi Tourist Information
Rue Médéric 9
Paris, France 75017

0144297000

Högmässa söndagar kl 10.30 Veckomässa tisdag kl 12.30

Forum104
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
104, rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

01 45 44 01 87

Le Forum104 est une association 1901 qui anime un espace culturel et interspirituel au cœur de Paris Il gère un espace « maison des associations » où celles-ci peuvent disposer de salles pour leurs activités propres. Il propose un programme indépendant de celui des associations qu’il accueille.

Eglise Paris Métropole
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
44 rue de la roquette
Paris, France 75011

<>

4 cultes le dimanche : 09h00 - 10h15 10h30 - 11h15 12h00 - 13h15 14h00 - 15h15 réunion de prière, étude de la bible, le mardi 19h00 Culte jeunes adultes à paris le 1er vendredi du mois, 20h00 Deuxième vendredi du mois Soirée d'intercession et prière Ciel Ouvert à 19h.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II is the official name of the square consisting of the parvise of Notre Dame de Paris on the Île de la Cité. It was known simply as the place du Parvis-Notre-Dame until 2006 when it was renamed in honour of Pope John Paul II who died in 2005. The change generated controversy.The parvis was originally much smaller and its current shape dates back to the extensive urban renewal plans of Baron Haussmann during the Second French Empire.The square is also the location of France's Kilometre Zero which is indicated by a stone of the parvis.

Ste. Chapelle
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
4 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75004

01 53 73 78 51

Salles du Royaume des témoins de Jehovah
Distance: 3.7 mi Tourist Information
35000
Paris, France

Eglise Saint Pierre Du Gros Caillou
Distance: 1.8 mi Tourist Information
92, Rue Saint-Dominique
Paris, France 75007

(0033)144420404

Eglise du Christ
Distance: 2.7 mi Tourist Information
4 Rue Déodat de Séverac
Paris, France 75017

01 42 27 50 86

Synagogue de Nazareth
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
15 Rue Notre Dame de Nazareth
Paris, France 75003

The Synagogue de Nazareth is situated on the Rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth, in the 3rd arrondissement of Paris, and is the oldest of the 'great' synagogues of Paris. It is normally known as Synagogue Nazareth rather than Synagogue de la rue Nazareth, its official name.HistoryIn 1810, the Ashkenazi Jews of Paris, had two synagogues, one on rue Sainte-Avoye (today: rue du Temple) and another on rue du Chaulme (today: rue des Archives). Expelled from the synagogue on Saint-Avoye by the landlord in 1818, the community bought a plot of land in 1819 situated between 14 rue Neuve-Saint-Laurent (today: rue du Vertbois) and 15 rue Notre-Dame-de-Nazareth. After having received permission from the King, Louis XVIII through the ordinance of 29 June 1819, the Assembly of the Jews of Paris, construction began under the direction of architect Sandrié de Jouy, and ended in 1822. The synagogue was built to accommodate a congregation of several hundred worshipers, including galleries for women. The synagogue on rue du Chaume was closed the following year.Very rapidly faults began to emerge in construction, and in 1848, the building was in danger of collapsing. The police closed it in 1850 and it was destroyed. A new synagogue designed by the architect Thierry (1810–1890) was built on the site funded by donations from Baron James de Rothschild and was inaugurated in 1852.The synagogue contains an organ, which is very unusual for the time. The actress Rachel was a member of the congregation. The composer Jacques Offenbach, after having arrived in Paris, was appointed, with his brother, to train and manage the choir "de la formation et de la direction du chœur" for six months from December 1833. It followed an Alsacien rite, and was the residence of the Chief Rabbis of France and of Paris until the construction of the Grand Synagogue (on rue de la Victoire) in 1875.

Chapelle Notre Dame Des Anges
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
102 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

Cordeliers Convent
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'Ecole-de-Médecine
Paris, France 75006

01 40 51 10 00

The Cordeliers Convent was a convent in Paris, France.It gave its name to the Club of the Cordeliers, which held its first meetings there during the French Revolution.Cordeliers was the name given in France to the Franciscan Observantists.The building now houses the Dupuytren Museum of anatomy in connection with the school of medicine.Burials at the conventMarie of Brabant, Queen of FranceArthur II, Duke of BrittanyBlanche of France, Infanta of Castile

Eglise Saint-Serge
Distance: 2.6 mi Tourist Information
93 Rue de Crimée
Paris, France

01 42 01 96 10

Congregation de La Mission
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
97 R. Sèvres
Paris, France

01 45 49 84 84

Tours and Sightseeing Near Saint Chapelle

Notre Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France 75004

Notre-Dame de Paris, also known as Notre-Dame Cathedral or simply Notre-Dame, is a medieval Catholic cathedral on the Île de la Cité in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, France. The cathedral is widely considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, and is among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world. The naturalism of its sculptures and stained glass are in contrast with earlier Romanesque architecture.As the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Paris, Notre-Dame contains the cathedra of the Archbishop of Paris, currently Cardinal André Vingt-Trois. The cathedral treasury contains a reliquary which houses some of Catholicism's most important relics, including the purported Crown of Thorns, a fragment of the True Cross, and one of the Holy Nails.

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, France 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

Le palais du Luxembourg, situé dans le arrondissement de Paris dans le nord du jardin du Luxembourg, est le siège du Sénat français, qui fut installé en 1799 dans le palais construit au début du, à la suite de la régence de la reine Marie de Medicis. Il appartient au domaine de cette assemblée qui comprend également, à proximité du palais, l'hôtel du Petit Luxembourg, résidence du président du Sénat, le musée du Luxembourg, et l'ensemble du jardin.HistoireLe palais du Luxembourg doit son nom à l'hôtel bâti au milieu du et qui appartenait à François de Piney, duc de Luxembourg.La régente Marie de Médicis, veuve de Henri IV, achète l'hôtel et le domaine dits « de Luxembourg » en 1612 et commande en 1615 la construction d'un palais à l'architecte Salomon de Brosse. Après avoir fait raser maisons et une partie du Petit Luxembourg, elle pose elle-même la première pierre le 2 avril 1615. Le marché de construction est retiré à Salomon de Brosse en 1624 et rétrocédé au maître maçon Marin de la Vallée le 26 juin 1624. Elle s'y installe en 1625 au premier étage de l'aile ouest, avant la fin des travaux. La partie ouest du palais Médicis était réservée à la reine mère et celle de gauche à son fils, le roi Louis XIII.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

The Luxembourg Palace is located at 15 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It was originally built (1615–1645) to the designs of the French architect Salomon de Brosse to be the royal residence of the regent Marie de Médicis, mother of Louis XIII of France. After the Revolution it was refashioned (1799–1805) by Jean Chalgrin into a legislative building and subsequently greatly enlarged and remodeled (1835–1856) by Alphonse de Gisors. Since 1958 it has been the seat of the French Senate of the Fifth Republic.Immediately west of the palace on the rue de Vaugirard is the Petit Luxembourg, now the residence of the Senate President; and slightly further west, the Musée du Luxembourg, in the former orangery. On the south side of the palace, the formal Luxembourg Garden presents a 25-hectare green parterre of gravel and lawn populated with statues and large basins of water where children sail model boats.Early historyAfter the death of Henry IV in 1610, his widow, Marie de Médicis, became regent to her son, Louis XIII. Having acceded to a much more powerful position, she decided to erect a new palace for herself, adjacent to an old hôtel particulier owned by François de Luxembourg, Duc de Piney, which is now called the Petit Luxembourg and is the residence of the president of the French Senate.

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St. Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

Saint-Sulpice is a Roman Catholic church in Paris, France, on the east side of the Place Saint-Sulpice within the rue Bonaparte, in the Luxembourg Quarter of the 6th arrondissement. At 113 metres long, 58 metres in width and 34 metres tall, it is only slightly smaller than Notre-Dame and thus the second largest church in the city. It is dedicated to Sulpitius the Pious. Construction of the present building, the second church on the site, began in 1646. During the 18th century, an elaborate gnomon, the Gnomon of Saint-Sulpice, was constructed in the church.HistoryThe present church is the second building on the site, erected over a Romanesque church originally constructed during the 13th century. Additions were made over the centuries, up to 1631. The new building was founded in 1646 by parish priest Jean-Jacques Olier (1608–1657) who had established the Society of Saint-Sulpice, a clerical congregation, and a seminary attached to the church. Anne of Austria laid the first stone.Construction began in 1646 to designs which had been created in 1636 by Christophe Gamard, but the Fronde interfered, and only the Lady Chapel had been built by 1660, when Daniel Gittard provided a new general design for most of the church. Gittard completed the sanctuary, ambulatory, apsidal chapels, transept, and north portal (1670–1678), after which construction was halted for lack of funds.

La Cuisine Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
80 Quai de l'Hôtel de Ville
Paris, France 75004

+33140517818

La Cuisine Paris is a French cooking school in the heart of Paris offering a variety of different cooking classes in English, from preparing a three-course meal to mastering a perfectly buttery croissant. La Cuisine Paris' staff includes a dynamic team of skilled international professional chefs (French and non-French), all talented in their own wonderful way. Coming from different backgrounds and experiences, they all share a common value: the desire to share their "savoir faire" and passion with you. Come discover our kitchen ("la cuisine"): roll up your sleeves, learn something new, share a few laughs and enjoy the entire cooking experience.

Kabylie
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
4 rue de la lande
Paris, France 75001

0760085793

Musée National du Moyen Âge
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France 75005

Musee De L'armee-Tombeau De Napoleon
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Rennes
Paris, France 3227

Tuileries Palace
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Right Bank
Paris, France 75001

The Tuileries Palace was a royal and imperial palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine. It was the usual Parisian residence of most French monarchs, from Henry IV to Napoleon III, until it was burned by the Paris Commune in 1871.Built in 1564, it was gradually extended until it closed off the western end of the Louvre courtyard and displayed an immense façade of 266 metres. Since the destruction of the Tuileries, the Louvre courtyard has remained open and the site is now the location of the eastern end of the Tuileries Garden, forming an elevated terrace between the Place du Carrousel and the gardens proper.HistoryAfter the accidental death of Henry II of France in 1559, his widow Catherine de' Medici (1519–1589) planned a new palace. She sold the medieval Hôtel des Tournelles, where her husband had died, and began building the palace of Tuileries in 1564, using architect Philibert de l'Orme. The name derives from the tile kilns or tuileries which had previously occupied the site. The palace was formed by a range of long, narrow buildings. During the reign of Henry IV (1589–1610), the building was enlarged to the south, so it joined the long riverside gallery, the Grande Galerie, which ran all the way to the older Louvre Palace in the east.

Musée De La Chasse Et De La Nature
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
63, rue des Archives
Paris, France 75003

01.53.01.92.40

Musée Cognacq-Jay
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
8 rue Elzévir
Paris, France 75003

01 40 27 07 21

Musée du goût du XVIIIe siècle de la ville de Paris, le Musée Cognacq-Jay a été fondé grâce à un legs d'Ernest Cognacq (1839-1928), fondateur de la Samaritaine. Ouvert en 1929 boulevard des Capucines, près de la Samaritaine de Luxe, il est situé depuis 1990 dans l'Hôtel Donon, au cœur du Marais. Ses collections comprennent plus de 1000 objets : peintures, sculptures, dessins, meubles, tapisseries, vases montés, porcelaines, miniatures, boîtes en or et objets de vertus. Les plus grands artistes européens du XVIIIe siècle y sont représentés, de Boucher à Tiepolo en passant par Reynolds. Le Musée Cognacq-Jay conserve également un chef-d’œuvre de Rembrandt, L’Ânesse de Balaam, peint à vingt ans par le maître néerlandais.

Muzeul Luvru
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue Du Maréchal Leclerc
Paris, France

Muzeul Luvru este cel mai mare muzeu de istorie și artă din Franța și unul dintre cele mai importante muzee din lume. Este situat în centrul capitalei franceze, Paris, între cheiul drept al Senei și strada Rivoli, în primul arondisment, într-o clădire istorică, fost palat regal, Palatul Luvru. Exponatele de artă franțuzești acoperă o largă parte din istoria Franței, de la Dinastia Capețienilor până în prezent. Muzeu cu caracter universal, Luvrul posedă opere de artă din epoci diferite ale civilizației, din Antichitate până la 1848, și acoperă o arie geo-culturală întinsă, de la Europa occidentală, Grecia, Egipt până la Orientul Apropiat, o serie de capodopere fiind expuse în Pavilionul Sesiunilor al muzeului Luvru. Operele prezente la Luvru au o mare varietate, de la picturi, sculpturi, desene până la ceramică, obiecte arheologice sau alte obiecte de artă.

Musée national Eugène Delacroix
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
6, rue de Furstenberg
Paris, France 75006

0033 (0)1 44 41 86 50

Le Musée national Eugène-Delacroix est un musée qui a été fondé à la fin des années 1920 par la Société des Amis d’Eugène Delacroix. Il a ouvert pour la première fois en juin 1932, avec une première exposition dédiée au peintre et à ses proches, Delacroix et ses amis.Installé dans le dernier appartement et le dernier atelier du peintre, où il vécut de décembre 1857 à sa mort, le 13 août 1863, le musée a été créé, plus de soixante ans après le décès de Delacroix, par des peintres, des collectionneurs, des conservateurs, réunis en association pour sauver les lieux, menacés de destruction. Présidée par Maurice Denis, dont l’implication pour le musée fut sans failles, la Société des Amis d’Eugène Delacroix rassemblait aussi Henri Matisse, Paul Signac, Édouard Vuillard, George Desvallières, notamment.Le musée Eugène-Delacroix est un musée ainsi conçu en hommage à Eugène Delacroix, peintre, dessinateur, graveur et écrivain. Sa collection propre, singulière, est la seule au monde à présenter la diversité des talents du grand artiste et à souligner l’influence insigne que son œuvre exerça sur la création artistique, jusqu’à aujourd’hui.Histoire du musée Eugène DelacroixEugène Delacroix s’installa 6 rue de Furstenberg, le 28 décembre 1857, abandonnant l’atelier de la rue Notre-Dame-de-Lorette qu’il louait depuis 1844 et qui était trop éloigné de l’église Saint-Sulpice dont il devait, dès 1847, décorer la chapelle. Souffrant depuis plusieurs années, l’artiste souhaitait finir à tout prix son œuvre, mais il n’était plus en mesure de faire chaque jour un long  trajet depuis la rive droite. Aussi fut-il heureux de trouver par l’intermédiaire de son ami, le marchand de couleurs et restaurateur de tableaux Étienne Haro (1827-1897), un logement calme et aéré, entre cour et jardin, situé au premier étage d’un immeuble relativement proche de Saint-Sulpice et faisant partie des anciens communs du palais abbatial de Saint-Germain-des-Prés. Delacroix obtint un bail de quinze ans, avec autorisation pour construire un atelier dans le jardin, à condition d’en soumettre au préalable les plans.

Le Foodist
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
59 rue Cardinal Lemoine
Paris, France 75005

+33671709522

We believe Food is ingredients, techniques, people and ... culture. Hence when we travel we aspire to discovering culture through food. So we have crafted experiences to help people do just that. So you can meet the French, go through unique taste experiences, but also learn from surprising stories. Ultimately, we want you to discover and learn more about France through food and share our passion with you.

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint Sulpice 2 rue Palatine
Paris, France

La iglesia de San Sulpicio es una destacada iglesia barroca francesa situada en la plaza de Saint-Sulpice de París, construida en honor a Sulpicio Pío, que alberga en su interior un sistema para la determinación astronómica de los equinoccios diseñado por Henry Sully.La iglesia, orientada en el sentido usual O-E, es una edificación imponente de de largo, de ancho, de altura bajo la bóveda central; es después de Notre Dame, la iglesia más grande de la ciudad.HistoriaErigida sobre los cimientos de un antiguo templo románico del siglo XIII, que sufrió sucesivas ampliaciones hasta 1631. En 1646, el sacerdote parisino Jean-Jacques Olier encargó la construcción de un nuevo edificio, que se alargó durante más de un siglo. El resultado fue un edificio sencillo, de dos plantas, con una fachada oeste formada por dos filas de elegantes columnas. La armonía del conjunto sólo la rompen las torres de los extremos, que no son parejas.Unas enormes ventanas llenan el interior de luz. Las dos conchas que hay junto a la entrada fueron un regalo de la República de Venecia a Francisco I. La base de piedra sobre la que se encuentran fue realizada por Jean-Baptiste Pigalle.

Péniche Paris En Scène - Quai Des Orfèvres
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Escale du Pont Saint-Michel, Quai des Orfèvres
Paris, France

Musée Marmottan
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
2 rue Louis Boilly 75016
Paris, France

Musée en Herbe
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
23 rue de L'Arbre-Sec
Paris, France 75001

The Musée en Herbe is an art museum for children, located at 21 rue Hérold and also in the Jardin d'Acclimatation, Bois de Boulogne, Paris, France. It is open daily; an admission fee is charged.The museum was established in 1975 by Sylvie Girardet and Claire Merleau-Ponty. It presents a series of art exhibits and workshops for children, based on the works of artists such as Marc Chagall, Pablo Picasso, and Niki de Saint Phalle.

Local Business Near Saint Chapelle

Tribunal de Grande Instance
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
4 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

01 44 32 51 51

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
palais des congres
Paris, France 75000

Paris Photo 2014
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Grand Palais, Paris
Paris, France

Péniche Paris En Scène - Quai Des Orfèvres
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Escale du Pont Saint-Michel, Quai des Orfèvres
Paris, France

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue du pont st Michel
Paris, France 75005

0630783801

Pont Saint-Michel is a bridge linking the Place Saint-Michel on the left bank of the river Seine to the Île de la Cité. It was named after the nearby chapel of Saint-Michel. It is near Sainte Chapelle and the Palais de Justice. The present 62-metre-long bridge dates to 1857.HistoryFirst constructed in 1378, it has been rebuilt several times, most recently in 1857.The medieval bridgeThe construction of a stone bridge was decided upon in 1378 by the Parlement de Paris after an accord with the chapter of the cathedral of Notre-Dame de Paris, the provost of Paris, and the city's merchants. A location downstream of Petit-Pont was chosen, on the line of Rue Saint-Denis, from the Grand-Pont on the right bank and of Rue de la Harpe on the left bank. This allowed for a direct route across Île de la Cité.The provost, Hugues Aubriot, was charged with overseeing the project, which was funded by the king. Construction lasted from 1379 to 1387. Once complete, the Parisians named the bridge Pont-Neuf (New Bridge, but it should not be confused with the present-day Pont-Neuf), Petit-Pont-Neuf (Little New Bridge) or Pont Saint-Michel dit le Pont-Neuf (St. Michael's Bridge, known as the 'New' Bridge).

Cour d'Appel de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
4 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

Ste. Chapelle
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
4 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75004

01 53 73 78 51

Palais de Justice de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
4, boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 37100

0644783382

Conciergerie Palais - Cité
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

L'Ecluse
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
15 quai Grands Augustins, 75006 Paris
Paris, France 75006

Le Paradis Du Fruit À Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 place Saint-Michel
Paris, France

<>

Le Depart
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
29 Quai Saint Michel
Paris, France 75005

+33 01 43 54 24 55

Gare de Saint-Michel – Notre-Dame
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

<>

La gare Saint-Michel - Notre-Dame est une gare française de la ligne de Quai-d'Orsay à Paris-Austerlitz située au cœur de Paris avec des accès situés dans les 4, 5 et arrondissements.Devenue en 1980 une gare du réseau express régional d'Île-de-France avec la création de la ligne C du RER, elle est en correspondance via des couloirs ouverts au public avec la station Saint-Michel sur la ligne 4 du métro de Paris et avec la station Cluny - La Sorbonne sur la ligne 10 du métro de Paris.HistoriqueStation de la ligne BUne gare à Saint-Michel dans le sens nord-sud était un vieux rêve des ingénieurs de la ligne de Sceaux, une petite ligne ferroviaire qui reliait la rive gauche de Paris à Sceaux. Les terminus parisiens successifs furent Denfert-Rochereau, puis Luxembourg. Mais les moyens du début du ne permettaient pas aux locomotives à vapeur de parcourir un tunnel en si forte pente et de le remonter en gardant leur fumée aussi longtemps.

Quai des Grands-Augustins
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai des Grands-Augustins
Paris, France 75006

<>

Quai Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai Saint-Michel
Paris, France

<>

Paradis du Fruit Saint Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2 place saint michel
Paris, France 75006

09.79.71.80.79

36 Quai Des Orfèvres
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
36 quai des orfèvres 75001
Paris, France

Puente Del Amor, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, France

<>

Le Symposium
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
29, rue de la huchette
Paris, France 75005