EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Rue Royale, Paris | Tourist Information


Rue Royale
Paris, France 75008


Landmark Near Rue Royale

Medici Fountain
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Luxembourg
Paris, 75006

The Medici Fountain is a monumental fountain in the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 6th arrondissement in Paris. It was built in about 1630 by Marie de' Medici, the widow of King Henry IV of France and regent of King Louis XIII of France. It was moved to its present location and extensively rebuilt in 1864-66.The Italian Influence in Paris in the 17th centuryThe period between the regency of Catherine de' Medici in France (1559–1589) and that of Marie de' Medici (1610–1642) saw a great flourishing of the Italian mannerist style in France, A community of artists from Florence, including the sculptor Francesco Bordoni, who helped design the statue of King Henry IV of France built on the Pont Neuf, and fountain technician Thomas Francini, who had worked on fountains in the new gardens of the Medici villas in Florence and Rome, found eager royal patrons in France. Soon features of the Italian Renaissance garden, such as elaborate fountains and the grotto, a simulated cave decorated with sculpture, appeared in the first Gardens of the French Renaissance at Fontainebleau and other royal residences.

Instituto Nacional de Técnica Aeroespacial
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
Carretera de Ajalvir, Km 4
Paris,

The Instituto Nacional de Técnica Aeroespacial is Spain's space agency. It was founded in 1942, as the Instituto Nacional de Técnica Aeronáutica, and has its headquarters in Torrejón de Ardoz, near Madrid.OrganizationIts budget of more than €150 million comes from the Spanish Ministry of Defence and from its own projects with the industry. As of 2008 INTA has a total of 1200 employees, 80% of them dedicated to R&D activities.Its two main areas of activity are research and development (for example, in propulsion, materials, remote sensing) and certification and testing (for example, in aircraft, software, metrology).OperationsTracking and launch sitesNowadays, INTA controls both the Madrid Deep Space Communication Complex and the El Arenosillo rocket launch site in southern Spain.LaunchersINTA designed atmospheric sounding rockets such as: INTA-100 INTA-255 INTA-300 Capricornio These operate from the El Arenosillo rocket launch site.

European Space Agency
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
8 Rue Mario Nikis
Paris, 75020

Agência Espacial Europeia é uma organização intergovernamental dedicada à exploração do espaço, com 22 Estados-membros. Fundada em 1975 e com sede em Paris, na França, a ESA tem uma equipe de mais de duas mil pessoas, com um orçamento anual de cerca de 4,28 bilhões de euros, ou 5,51 bilhões de dólares .Entre os programas da ESA estão voos espaciais tripulados, principalmente através da participação na Estação Espacial Internacional, o lançamento e operação de missões de exploração não tripuladas para outros planetas e para a Lua, a observação Terra, a ciência, as telecomunicações, bem como a manutenção de um grande espaçoporto, o Centro Espacial de Kourou, na Guiana Francesa, além da concepção de veículos de lançamento. O Ariane 5 é operado através da Arianespace com o compartilhamento ESA nos custos de lançar e desenvolver ainda mais este veículo de lançamento.As missões científicas da ESA são baseadas no ESTEC, em Noordwijk, Países Baixos, as missões de observação da Terra na ESRIN em Frascati, Itália, o Centro Europeu de Operações Espaciais está em Darmstadt, Alemanha, o EAC, que treina astronautas para missões futuras, localiza-se em Colônia, Alemanha, e o Centro Europeu de Astronomia Espacial está localizado em Madrid, Espanha.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, 75006

The Luxembourg Palace is located at 15 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It was originally built (1615–1645) to the designs of the French architect Salomon de Brosse to be the royal residence of the regent Marie de Médicis, mother of Louis XIII of France. After the Revolution it was refashioned (1799–1805) by Jean Chalgrin into a legislative building and subsequently greatly enlarged and remodeled (1835–1856) by Alphonse de Gisors. Since 1958 it has been the seat of the French Senate of the Fifth Republic.Immediately west of the palace on the rue de Vaugirard is the Petit Luxembourg, now the residence of the Senate President; and slightly further west, the Musée du Luxembourg, in the former orangery. On the south side of the palace, the formal Luxembourg Garden presents a 25-hectare green parterre of gravel and lawn populated with statues and large basins of water where children sail model boats.Early historyAfter the death of Henry IV in 1610, his widow, Marie de Médicis, became regent to her son, Louis XIII. Having acceded to a much more powerful position, she decided to erect a new palace for herself, adjacent to an old hôtel particulier owned by François de Luxembourg, Duc de Piney, which is now called the Petit Luxembourg and is the residence of the president of the French Senate.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, 75006

+33 (0)1 43 54 54 54

Le palais du Luxembourg, situé dans le de Paris dans le nord du jardin du Luxembourg, est le siège du Sénat français, qui fut installé en 1799 dans le palais construit au début du, à la suite de la régence de la reine Marie de Medicis. Il appartient au domaine de cette assemblée qui comprend également, à proximité du palais, l'hôtel du Petit Luxembourg, résidence du président du Sénat, le musée du Luxembourg, et l'ensemble du jardin.HistoireLe palais du Luxembourg doit son nom à l'hôtel bâti au milieu du et qui appartenait à François de Piney, duc de Luxembourg.La régente Marie de Médicis, veuve de Henri IV, achète l'hôtel et le domaine dits « de Luxembourg » en 1612 et commande en 1615 la construction d'un palais à l'architecte Salomon de Brosse. Après avoir fait raser maisons et une partie du Petit Luxembourg, elle pose elle-même la première pierre le 2 avril 1615. Le marché de construction est retiré à Salomon de Brosse en 1624 et rétrocédé au maître maçon Marin de la Vallée le 26 juin 1624. Elle s'y installe en 1625 au premier étage de l'aile ouest, avant la fin des travaux. La partie ouest du palais Médicis était réservée à la reine mère et celle de gauche à son fils, le roi Louis XIII.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, 75006

+33 (0)1 43 54 54 54

Le palais du Luxembourg, situé dans le de Paris dans le nord du jardin du Luxembourg, est le siège du Sénat français, qui fut installé en 1799 dans le palais construit au début du, à la suite de la régence de la reine Marie de Medicis. Il appartient au domaine de cette assemblée qui comprend également, à proximité du palais, l'hôtel du Petit Luxembourg, résidence du président du Sénat, le musée du Luxembourg, et l'ensemble du jardin.HistoireLe palais du Luxembourg doit son nom à l'hôtel bâti au milieu du et qui appartenait à François de Piney, duc de Luxembourg.La régente Marie de Médicis, veuve de Henri IV, achète l'hôtel et le domaine dits « de Luxembourg » en 1612 et commande en 1615 la construction d'un palais à l'architecte Salomon de Brosse. Après avoir fait raser maisons et une partie du Petit Luxembourg, elle pose elle-même la première pierre le 2 avril 1615. Le marché de construction est retiré à Salomon de Brosse en 1624 et rétrocédé au maître maçon Marin de la Vallée le 26 juin 1624. Elle s'y installe en 1625 au premier étage de l'aile ouest, avant la fin des travaux. La partie ouest du palais Médicis était réservée à la reine mère et celle de gauche à son fils, le roi Louis XIII.

Piazza Sorbona
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Sorbonne
Paris, 75005

Piazza Sorbona è una piazza parigina nel quartiere latino della città, che porta il nome dell'omonima università che lì si trova. La piazza si trova sulla riva sinistra della Senna.Tutto intorno alla piazza si trovano locali e librerie.

World Heritage Centre
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
125 avenue de Suffren
Paris, 75007

UNESCO Headquarters or Maison de l'UNESCO is a building inaugurated on 3 November 1958 at number 7 Place de Fontenoy in Paris, France to serve as the headquarters for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, (UNESCO). It is a cultural building that can be visited freely.DesignThe design of the UNESCO Headquarters building was the combined work of three architects: Bernard Zehrfuss (United States), Marcel Breuer (Hungary), and Pier Luigi Nervi (Italy). Plans were also validated by an international committee of five architects composed of Lucio Costa (Brazil), Walter Gropius (United States), Le Corbusier (France), Sven Markelius (Sweden) and Ernesto Nathan Rogers (Italy), with the collaboration of Eero Saarinen (Finland).DescriptionThe main building, which houses the secretariat, consists of seven floors forming a three-pointed star. To this is added a building called the "accordion" and a cubic building, which is intended for permanent delegations and non-governmental organizations.

Odéon-Théâtre de l'Europe
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Odéon
Paris, 75006

The Odéon-Théâtre de l'Europe is one of France's six national theatres.It is located at 2 rue Corneille in the 6th arrondissement of Paris on the left bank of the Seine, next to the Luxembourg Garden. It was originally built between 1779 and 1782, in the garden of the former Hôtel de Condé, to a Neoclassical design by Charles De Wailly and Marie-Joseph Peyre. The Odéon was originally intended to house the Comédie Française, which, however, preferred to stay at the Théâtre-Français in the Palais Royal. The new theatre was inaugurated by Marie-Antoinette on April 9, 1782. It was there that Beaumarchais' play The Marriage of Figaro was premiered two years later.An 1808 reconstruction of the theater designed by Jean Chalgrin was officially named the Théâtre de l'Impératrice, but everyone still called it the Odéon. It burned in 1818.The third and present structure, designed by Pierre Thomas Baraguay, was opened in September 1819. In 1990, the theater was given the sobriquet 'Théâtre de l'Europe'. It is a member theater of the Union of the Theatres of Europe.

Odéon-Théâtre de l'Europe
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Odéon
Paris, 75006

The Odéon-Théâtre de l'Europe is one of France's six national theatres.It is located at 2 rue Corneille in the 6th arrondissement of Paris on the left bank of the Seine, next to the Luxembourg Garden. It was originally built between 1779 and 1782, in the garden of the former Hôtel de Condé, to a Neoclassical design by Charles De Wailly and Marie-Joseph Peyre. The Odéon was originally intended to house the Comédie Française, which, however, preferred to stay at the Théâtre-Français in the Palais Royal. The new theatre was inaugurated by Marie-Antoinette on April 9, 1782. It was there that Beaumarchais' play The Marriage of Figaro was premiered two years later.An 1808 reconstruction of the theater designed by Jean Chalgrin was officially named the Théâtre de l'Impératrice, but everyone still called it the Odéon. It burned in 1818.The third and present structure, designed by Pierre Thomas Baraguay, was opened in September 1819. In 1990, the theater was given the sobriquet 'Théâtre de l'Europe'. It is a member theater of the Union of the Theatres of Europe.

Odéon-Théâtre de l'Europe
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Odéon
Paris, 75006

Le Théâtre national de l'Odéon, dénommé depuis mars 1990 Odéon–Théâtre de l'Europe, est un théâtre public parisien situé place de l'Odéon, inauguré en 1782 pour accueillir la troupe du Théâtre-Français.L'Odéon est depuis septembre 1971 un des six théâtres nationaux. Son directeur actuel est Stéphane Braunschweig (depuis le 15 janvier 2016).Sur le plan architectural, il s'agit d'un théâtre « à l'italienne » (scène de forme cubique et salle en demi-cercle) et l'extérieur est de style néoclassique. Il est classé au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Son histoire a été ponctuée par quelques événements : deux incendies (1799 et 1818), mais aussi la création du Mariage de Figaro en 1784, et, plus récemment, la direction de Jean-Louis Barrault ainsi que l'occupation des locaux lors des événements de mai 1968.HistoireLa première salle (1782-1799)Les projetsEn 1767, le marquis de Marigny, alors directeur des Bâtiments du Roi, demande à Marie-Joseph Peyre et Charles de Wailly de travailler à un projet de nouvelle salle pour le Théâtre-Français.Le 26 mars 1770, un arrêt du Conseil du Roi ordonne l'exécution du chantier sur le terrain du jardin de l'hôtel du prince de Condé, dont celui-ci souhaite se défaire afin de s'installer au palais Bourbon.

Odéon-Théâtre de l'Europe
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Odéon
Paris, 75006

Le Théâtre national de l'Odéon, dénommé depuis mars 1990 Odéon–Théâtre de l'Europe, est un théâtre public parisien situé place de l'Odéon, inauguré en 1782 pour accueillir la troupe du Théâtre-Français.L'Odéon est depuis septembre 1971 un des six théâtres nationaux. Son directeur actuel est Stéphane Braunschweig (depuis le 15 janvier 2016).Sur le plan architectural, il s'agit d'un théâtre « à l'italienne » (scène de forme cubique et salle en demi-cercle) et l'extérieur est de style néoclassique. Il est classé au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Son histoire a été ponctuée par quelques événements : deux incendies (1799 et 1818), mais aussi la création du Mariage de Figaro en 1784, et, plus récemment, la direction de Jean-Louis Barrault ainsi que l'occupation des locaux lors des événements de mai 1968.HistoireLa première salle (1782-1799)Les projetsEn 1767, le marquis de Marigny, alors directeur des Bâtiments du Roi, demande à Marie-Joseph Peyre et Charles de Wailly de travailler à un projet de nouvelle salle pour le Théâtre-Français.Le 26 mars 1770, un arrêt du Conseil du Roi ordonne l'exécution du chantier sur le terrain du jardin de l'hôtel du prince de Condé, dont celui-ci souhaite se défaire afin de s'installer au palais Bourbon.

Filmothèque du Quartier Latin
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
9 Rue Champollion
Paris, 75005

01 43 26 70 38

French Press Institute
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
83 bis rue Notre Dame des Champs
Paris, 75006

The French Press Institute is a public institution of research and higher education, which has served as the department for communication and journalism studies at Panthéon-Assas University since 1970. Founded in 1937, the French Press Institute is the oldest and one of the finest French schools in the field of journalism.HistoryThe establishment of the instituteFounded in 1937 in the University of Paris, the Institut des Sciences de la Presse (Press Sciences Institute) became the Institut français de presse in 1951. The French Press Institute is the first organization to have been dedicated to media studies.After the war, owing to international partnerships, the French Press Institute became a leading international institute regarding media evolution studies. Its first director, Fernand Terrou, took part in the redaction of the declaration of Press rights of San Francisco in 1948 and formed a bond with the Institute for Communication Research of Stanford University. In 1957, with UNESCO, the French Press Institute supported the establishment of the International Association for Studies and Research on Information and Communication (IAMCR). After the division of the University of Paris in thirteen autonomous universities in 1970, the French Press Institute joined Panthéon-Assas University.The directors of the institute 1951 - 1976: Fernand Terrou 1976 - 1986: Francis Balle 1986 - 1994: Pierre Albert 1994 - 1999: Rémy Rieffel 1999 - 2004: Nadine Toussaint-Desmoulins 2004 - 2009: Josiane Jouët 2009 - present: Nathalie Sonnac

Rue Monsieur-le-Prince
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
22 , rue Monsieur Le Prince
Paris, 75006

Rue Monsieur-le-Prince is a street of Paris, located in the 6th arrondissement.

Rue Monsieur-le-Prince
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
22 , rue Monsieur Le Prince
Paris, 75006

Rue Monsieur-le-Prince is a street of Paris, located in the 6th arrondissement.

Cordeliers Convent
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'Ecole-de-Médecine
Paris, 75006

01 40 51 10 00

The Cordeliers Convent was a convent in Paris, France.It gave its name to the Club of the Cordeliers, which held its first meetings there during the French Revolution.Cordeliers was the name given in France to the Franciscan Observantists.The building now houses the Dupuytren Museum of anatomy in connection with the school of medicine.Burials at the conventMarie of Brabant, Queen of FranceArthur II, Duke of BrittanyBlanche of France, Infanta of Castile

Place Saint-Sulpice
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Sulpice
Paris, 75006

La place Saint-Sulpice est une place du arrondissement de Paris.HistoireLors de la construction de la façade actuelle de l'église Saint-Sulpice au, l'architecte Giovanni Niccolo Servandoni prévoit la création d'une place monumentale en demi-cercle, de de large sur de long. Ce projet n'est pas réalisé mais un espace prolongeant le parvis est débuté en 1757. En 1767, un emprunt est souscrit par la ville après autorisation du roi pour entreprendre les expropriations et les travaux d'aménagement.Au, plusieurs plans sont proposés pour achever la place. Un plan adopté par le ministre de l'Intérieur le 26 thermidor An VIII (14 août 1800), confirmé par un arrêté des consuls du 16 vendémiaire an IX (8 octobre 1800) prévoit une place semi-circulaire qui doit être réalisé dans un délai de six ans. Un arrêté du 25 juin 1806 annule ce plan et prévoit cette fois une place rectangulaire dont le plan est approuvé par le ministre de l'intérieur le 19 octobre 1806. Un nouveau plan, prévoyant une place rectangulaire aux dimensions plus importantes, est adopté le 19 juillet 1808. Une décision ministérielle du 20 décembre 1810 prévoit que la place Saint-Sulpice soit portée jusqu'à la rue du Pot-de-Fer (actuelle rue Bonaparte). Un décret du 24 février 1811 ordonne l'achèvement de cette place dans le courant de la même année. Les dispositions arrêtées en 1810 ont été confirmées par une décision ministérielle du 9 mai 1812. La place est en partie aménagée à l'emplacement de l'ancien séminaire Saint-Sulpice, construit au.En 1838, la place est nivelée et plantée d'arbres. De 1843 à 1848, la fontaine Saint-Sulpice est érigée au centre de la place par l'architecte Louis Visconti.

Place Saint-Sulpice
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Sulpice
Paris, 75006

La place Saint-Sulpice est une place du arrondissement de Paris.HistoireLors de la construction de la façade actuelle de l'église Saint-Sulpice au, l'architecte Giovanni Niccolo Servandoni prévoit la création d'une place monumentale en demi-cercle, de de large sur de long. Ce projet n'est pas réalisé mais un espace prolongeant le parvis est débuté en 1757. En 1767, un emprunt est souscrit par la ville après autorisation du roi pour entreprendre les expropriations et les travaux d'aménagement.Au, plusieurs plans sont proposés pour achever la place. Un plan adopté par le ministre de l'Intérieur le 26 thermidor An VIII (14 août 1800), confirmé par un arrêté des consuls du 16 vendémiaire an IX (8 octobre 1800) prévoit une place semi-circulaire qui doit être réalisé dans un délai de six ans. Un arrêté du 25 juin 1806 annule ce plan et prévoit cette fois une place rectangulaire dont le plan est approuvé par le ministre de l'intérieur le 19 octobre 1806. Un nouveau plan, prévoyant une place rectangulaire aux dimensions plus importantes, est adopté le 19 juillet 1808. Une décision ministérielle du 20 décembre 1810 prévoit que la place Saint-Sulpice soit portée jusqu'à la rue du Pot-de-Fer (actuelle rue Bonaparte). Un décret du 24 février 1811 ordonne l'achèvement de cette place dans le courant de la même année. Les dispositions arrêtées en 1810 ont été confirmées par une décision ministérielle du 9 mai 1812. La place est en partie aménagée à l'emplacement de l'ancien séminaire Saint-Sulpice, construit au.En 1838, la place est nivelée et plantée d'arbres. De 1843 à 1848, la fontaine Saint-Sulpice est érigée au centre de la place par l'architecte Louis Visconti.

Hôtel de Bourbon-Condé
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
12 rue Monsieur
Paris,

The Hôtel de Bourbon-Condé, 12 rue Monsieur, was built for Louise Adélaïde de Bourbon. The architect was Alexandre-Théodore Brongniart.HistoryIn 1780 the twenty-three-year-old unmarried daughter of the Prince of Condé, Louise Adélaïde, also known as Mademoiselle de Condé, requested permission to leave the convent of Panthémont, where she had been educated, to live in the world. To suit her station in life a generous site was purchased in the rue Monsieur on the Left Bank, where Brogniart erected a splendid house. Previously, while working for the marquis de Montesquiou in 1778, Brongniart had received permission to open the rue Monsieur, where he also built stables for the Count of Provence, and a hôtel for the Archives de l'ordre Saint-Lazare. The house was situated behind an enclosed court, entered through a central carriage passage, and faced a garden into which the central oval salon projected.By 1782 the menuisier (chair-maker) Georges Jacob had delivered seat furnishings to the amount of 13,958 livres and Jean-François Leleu, a prominent ébéniste (cabinetmaker), had rendered a bill for veneered case-pieces, but no detailed contemporary description of the interiors survives: Horace Walpole mentioned this "Hôtel de Condé" in passing as an exemplar of the latest French neoclassical taste, after he had his first view of the Prince of Wales's Carlton House, London, in September 1785.

Catherine Labouré
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
basilique médaille miraculeuse
Paris,

Saint Catherine Labouré, D.C.. (May 2, 1806 - December 31, 1876) (born Zoé Labouré) was a member of the Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul and a Marian visionary who relayed the request from the Blessed Virgin Mary to create the Miraculous Medal worn by millions of Christians, both Roman Catholic and Protestant.LifeShe was born in the Burgundy region of France to Pierre Labouré, a farmer, and Louise Madeleine Gontard, the ninth of 11 living children. Catherine's mother died on October 9, 1815, when Catherine was just nine years old. It is said that after her mother's funeral, Catherine picked up a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary and kissed it saying, "Now you will be my mother." Her father's sister offered to care for his two youngest children, Catherine and Tonine. After he agreed, the sisters moved to their aunt's house at Saint-Rémy, a village nine kilometers from their home.She was extremely devout, of a somewhat romantic nature, given to visions and intuitive insights. As a young woman, she became a member of the nursing order founded by Saint Vincent de Paul. She chose the Daughters of Charity after a dream about St. Vincent De Paul.VisionsVincent de PaulIn April 1830, the remains of St. Vincent de Paul were translated to the Vincentian church in Paris. The solemnities included a novena. On three successive evenings, upon returning from the church to the Rue du Bac, Catherine reportedly experienced in the convent chapel, a vision of what she took to be the heart of St. Vincent above a shrine containing a relic of bone from his right arm. Each time the heart appeared a different color, white, red, and crimson. She interpreted this to mean that the Vincentian communities would prosper, and that there would be a change of government. The convent chaplain advised her to forget the matter.

Église Saint François Xavier
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
12 Place du Président Mithouard
Paris, 75007

Le Bon Marché
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
24 rue de Sèvres
Paris, 75007

Le Bon Marché is a department store in Paris. Founded in 1852 by Aristide Boucicaut, it was the first ever modern department store. Now the property of LVMH Luxury Group, it sells a wide range of high-end goods, including food in an adjacent building at 38, rue de Sèvres, called La Grande Épicerie de Paris.HistoryA novelty shop called Au Bon Marché was founded in Paris in 1838 to sell lace, ribbons, sheets, mattresses, buttons, umbrellas and other assorted goods. It originally had four departments, twelve employees, and a floor space of three hundred square meters. The entrepreneur Aristide Boucicaut became a partner in 1852, and changed the marketing plan, instituting fixed prices and guarantees that allowed exchanges and refunds, advertising, and a much wider variety of merchandise. The annual income of the store increased from 500,000 francs in 1852 to five million in 1860. In 1869 he built much larger building at 24 rue de Sèvres on the Left Bank, and enlarged the store again in 1872, with help from the engineering firm of Gustave Eiffel, creator of the Eiffel Tower. The income rose from twenty million francs in 1870 to 72 million at the time of the Boucicaut's death in 1877. The floor space had increased from three hundred square meters in 1838 to fifty thousand, and the number of employees had increased from twelve in 1838 to 1788 in 1879. Boucicaut was famous for his marketing innovations; a reading room for husbands while their wives shopped; extensive newspaper advertising; entertainment for children; and six million catalogs sent out to customers. By 1880 half the employees were women; unmarried women employees lived in dormitories on the upper floors.

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint Sulpice 2 rue Palatine
Paris,

La iglesia de San Sulpicio es una destacada iglesia barroca francesa situada en la plaza de Saint-Sulpice de París, construida en honor a Sulpicio Pío, que alberga en su interior un sistema para la determinación astronómica de los equinoccios diseñado por Henry Sully.La iglesia, orientada en el sentido usual O-E, es una edificación imponente de de largo, de ancho, de altura bajo la bóveda central; es después de Notre Dame, la iglesia más grande de la ciudad.HistoriaErigida sobre los cimientos de un antiguo templo románico del siglo XIII, que sufrió sucesivas ampliaciones hasta 1631. En 1646, el sacerdote parisino Jean-Jacques Olier encargó la construcción de un nuevo edificio, que se alargó durante más de un siglo. El resultado fue un edificio sencillo, de dos plantas, con una fachada oeste formada por dos filas de elegantes columnas. La armonía del conjunto sólo la rompen las torres de los extremos, que no son parejas.Unas enormes ventanas llenan el interior de luz. Las dos conchas que hay junto a la entrada fueron un regalo de la República de Venecia a Francisco I. La base de piedra sobre la que se encuentran fue realizada por Jean-Baptiste Pigalle.

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Place St. Sulpice
Paris, 75006

Saint-Sulpice is a Roman Catholic church in Paris, France, on the east side of the Place Saint-Sulpice within the rue Bonaparte, in the Luxembourg Quarter of the 6th arrondissement. At 113 metres long, 58 metres in width and 34 metres tall, it is only slightly smaller than Notre-Dame and thus the second largest church in the city. It is dedicated to Sulpitius the Pious. Construction of the present building, the second church on the site, began in 1646. During the 18th century, an elaborate gnomon, the Gnomon of Saint-Sulpice, was constructed in the church.HistoryThe present church is the second building on the site, erected over a Romanesque church originally constructed during the 13th century. Additions were made over the centuries, up to 1631. The new building was founded in 1646 by parish priest Jean-Jacques Olier (1608–1657) who had established the Society of Saint-Sulpice, a clerical congregation, and a seminary attached to the church. Anne of Austria laid the first stone.Construction began in 1646 to designs which had been created in 1636 by Christophe Gamard, but the Fronde interfered, and only the Lady Chapel had been built by 1660, when Daniel Gittard provided a new general design for most of the church. Gittard completed the sanctuary, ambulatory, apsidal chapels, transept, and north portal (1670–1678), after which construction was halted for lack of funds.

Hôtel Lutetia
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
45 boulevard Raspail
Paris, 75006

+33 1 49 54 46 46

The Hôtel Lutetia, located at 45 Boulevard Raspail, in the Saint-Germain-des-Prés area of the 6th arrondissement of Paris, is one of the best-known hotels on the Left Bank. It is noted for its architecture and its historical role during the German occupation of France in World War II.HistoryThe Lutetia was built in 1910 in the Art Nouveau style to designs by architects Louis-Charles Boileau and Henri Tauzin. The interiors are today decorated in the later Art Deco style. It was founded by the Bon Marché department store, which sits opposite it facing Square Boucicaut. The Lutetia is located at the intersection of Boulevard Raspail and rue de Sèvres, adjacent to the Sèvres-Babylone Métro station. The hotel is named for an early pre-Roman town that existed where Paris is now located.Famous guests over the years have included Pablo Picasso, Charles de Gaulle, Marianne Oswald, André Gide, Peggy Guggenheim and Josephine Baker. James Joyce wrote part of Ulysses at the hotel.

Hôtel Lutetia
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
45 boulevard Raspail
Paris, 75006

+33 1 49 54 46 46

L'hôtel Lutetia est un hôtel de luxe du 6e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, situé au boulevard Raspail, à l'angle de la rue de Sèvres, dans le quartier Notre-Dame-des-Champs. Il est la propriété du groupe israélien Alrov depuis le août 2010 et il est géré par la marque Concorde Hotels & Resorts.

Hôtel Lutetia
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
45 boulevard Raspail
Paris, 75006

+33 1 49 54 46 46

Khách sạn Lutetia là một khách sạn sang trọng nằm ở quận 6 thành phố Paris. Khách sạn này chiếm số từ số 43 đến số 47 của đại lộ Raspail, tại điểm giao của Raspail và phố Babylone, trung tâm khu Saint-Germain-des-Prés. Lutetia được xem như khách sạn đặc biệt sang trong (palace) duy nhất ở tả ngạn sông Seine tại Paris.Được xây dựng vào năm 1910 từ sáng kiến của bà Boucicaut, chủ siêu thị đồ cao cấp Le Bon Marché, "để những khách hàng quan trọng của các tỉnh trọ khi họ tới mua sắm ở Paris". Lutetia là khách sạn theo phong cách Art Deco đầu tiên của Paris. Nằm ở trung tâm Saint-Germain des Prés, Lutetia là bằng chứng của sự cách tân nghệ thuật thời kỳ giữa hai cuộc thế chiến. Nhiều họa sĩ và nhà văn đã trọ ở khách sạn này, như Picasso, Matisse, André Gide, Saint-Exupéry, Joséphine Baker, Joséphine Baker... Nhà văn Albert Cohen cũng đã việt tác phẩm Belle du Seigneur ở đây. Ca sĩ, nhà văn Alexandra David-Néel cũng sống ở Lutetia sau chuyến du hành Phương Đông. Charles de Gaulle đã trọ tại Lutetia trong dịp tân hôn của mình. Ngày nay, nhiều nghệ sĩ nổi tiếng thế giới tiếp tục chọn Lutetia để nghỉ trọ.

Local Business Near Rue Royale

Rue de Verneuil
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Verneuil
Paris, France 75007

Ambassade de Suisse
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
142, rue de Grenelle
Paris, France 75007

0149556700

Rue De Lille, Paris 7eme
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Lille
Paris, France 75007

Musée social
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
5 rue Las Cases
Paris, France 75007

01 45 51 66 10

The Musée social was a private French institution founded in 1894. In the early twentieth century it became an important center of research into topics such as city planning, social housing and labor organization. For many years it played an important role in influencing government policy.OriginsThe original purpose of the Musée social was to preserve documents from the Social Economy pavilion of the Exposition Universelle (1889). This exposition, one hundred years after the French Revolution, had recorded the many changes in thought about the organization of society that had followed. The project to create the museum came from a meeting of Jules Siegfried, Léon Say and Émile Cheysson with count Joseph Dominique Aldebert de Chambrun in 1894. The count decided to devote his fortune to the foundation, which was officially inaugurated in March 1895. Although called a museum, in fact it became a research institute.Towards the end of the nineteenth century there were many non-governmental organizations interested in reform. The Musée social tried to coordinate the efforts of the groups working on "the social question." The Musée social brought together followers of Frédéric Le Play and others who were interested in improving the well-being of the masses while promoting private initiative, going beyond the timid reforms being considered by the government. Many historians consider that the French welfare state originated in the work done at the Musée social.OrganizationThe Musée social was well-funded, and followed an innovative model. It had several sections of study and research with the goal of documenting new topics for debate, possible changes to legislation, and development of new ideas. The institute paid researchers, whose reports were presented at conferences and published in the institute's journals or in collections of work that it published. One section, for example, was headed by Léon de Seilhac and studied contemporary labor movements. Another covered the major strikes during the third republic. Other sections covered topics such as urban and rural sanitation, agriculture, social insurance and employer institutions. All the material was held in the library, and made available to the public.

A paris, sous la tour Eiffel.
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue de l´Université
Paris, France 75007

Yuzu
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
rue bellechasse
Paris, France

Jonas Fernando Pires
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
40 rue de verneuil
Paris, France 75007

+33 9 83898903

Androuet
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
37 rue de verneuil
Paris, France

Boulevard Montparnasse 75006
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
75006 - 75014
Paris, France

Dôme des Invalides
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
129 Rue de Grenelle
Paris, France

La cour d'honneur des Invalides
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
129 Rue de Grenelle
Paris, France 75007

Église Saint-Louis des Invalides
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
129 Rue de Grenelle, 75007 Paris, France
Paris, France 75007

Les Invalides, The Military Museum And Tomb Of Napoleon
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
129 Rue de Grenelle
Paris, France 75007

Palacio Nacional De Los Invalidos
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
129 Rue de Grenelle
Paris, France 75007

Café de l'Empire
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
42 rue de Verneuil / 17 rue du Bac
Paris, France 75007

01 40 15 91 18

Solférino (Paris Métro)
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
10 rue de Solférino
Paris, France 75007

Solférino is a station on Line 12 of the Paris Métro in the 7th arrondissement.The station opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. It is named after the Rue de Solférino, which is named after the Battle of Solférino a battle fought in 1859 during the Second Italian War of Independence.Solférino is one of the last stations in which the original Nord-Sud Company style of décor has been maintained, with its characteristic large ceramic tablets indicating the name of the station. This is the result of extensive renovation.Nearby are the Musée d'Orsay and the town hall of the 7th arrondissement.

Mucha Cafe
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
227 boulevard Saint Germain
Paris, France 75007

01 45 51 06 30

L'Escalier de la Salope
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
48, rue de Verneuil
Paris, France 75007

Tél: 01 40 15 99 48

La Bonne Excuse
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
48 rue de Verneuil 75007
Paris, France 75007

0142615021

Voltaire 7
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
7 QUAI VOLTAIRE
Paris, France 75007

0142616704