EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Royal Opera of Versailles, Versailles | Tourist Information



Place d'Arme
Versailles, France 78000

0130837898

L’opéra royal du château de Versailles est une salle d'opéra construite sous Louis XV à l'extrémité de l'aile nord du château de Versailles (Yvelines).GenèseLes opéras avant l'opéraSous Louis XV, le petit théâtre de la cour des Princes était incommode et ne se prêtait plus aux nouvelles modes. Pour distraire le roi, Madame de Pompadour monta une petite troupe de comédiens choisis parmi ses amis ; la marquise elle-même tenait sa place. La petite troupe eut deux théâtres successifs à sa disposition, théâtres provisoires et démontables installés d'abord dans la Petite Galerie puis dans la cage de l’escalier des Ambassadeurs. Ces petites salles accueillaient très peu de spectateurs et n'étaient pas considérées comme des théâtres de cour.Le projetEn faisant construire l’aile du Nord, Louis XIV avait pensé y bâtir un opéra, les mauvaises finances de la fin de son règne l’en empêchèrent. Si le théâtre a été construit à l'extrémité de l'aile Nord, c'est aussi parce que non loin se tenaient deux grands réservoirs d'eaux qui alimentaient les Grandes Eaux des jardins : leur proximité garantissait un minimum de sécurité en cas d'incendie. Louis XV fit reprendre le projet à l’occasion du mariage prochain de son petit-fils avec l’archiduchesse Marie-Antoinette. Quelques années avant sa mort, le 16 mai 1770, lors dudit mariage, Louis XV parachevait ainsi l’œuvre du Roi-Soleil.

Concert Venue Near Royal Opera of Versailles

Mjc lcsc kbane a boukan
Distance: 2.5 mi Tourist Information
70 bis avenue des étangs
La Celle-Saint-Cloud, France 78170

0139184515

Royale Factory
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
2 rue Jean Houdon
Versailles, France 78000

0951747883

Venez appréciez les spectacles sélectionnés spécialement pour vous par l'équipe de la Royale Factory : LE CAFE THEATRE de VERSAILLES. Autour d'un verre, profitez des humoristes, magiciens, acteurs et musiciens invités sur le plateau, certains pour une date d'autres pour un mois... Et si vous avez aimé : partagez, likez, diffusez l'information, nous ne dépendons que de vous. Plus nous serons nombreux, plus large sera notre offre ! @ très vite www.royalefactory.fr [email protected] Téléphone : 09 51 74 78 83 Billeterie en ligne : https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleFACTORY/app_190322544333196 Pour les artistes : contactez directement le théâtre par mail pour vos demande de programmations, c'est pas ici que l'on gère cela ;)

Royale Factory
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
2 rue Jean Houdon
Versailles, France 78000

0951747883

Landmark Near Royal Opera of Versailles

Palace of Versailles
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Château de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

01 30 83 78 00

Le château de Versailles est un château et un monument historique français qui se situe à Versailles, dans les Yvelines, en France. Il fut la résidence des rois de France Louis XIV, Louis XV et Louis XVI. Le roi et la cour y résidèrent de façon permanente du au, à l'exception des années de la Régence de 1715 à 1723.Situés au sud-ouest de Paris, ce château et son domaine visaient à glorifier la monarchie française.Le château est constitué d'une succession d'éléments ayant une harmonie architecturale. Il s'étale sur, répartis en pièces, dont, actuellement, pièces de musée.Le parc du château de Versailles s'étend sur, contre environ avant la Révolution française, dont de jardins. Il comprend de nombreux éléments, dont le Petit et le Grand Trianon, le hameau de la Reine, le Grand et le Petit Canal, une ménagerie (aujourd’hui détruite), une orangerie et la pièce d'eau des Suisses.

Palace of Versailles
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Château de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

01 30 83 78 00

Le château de Versailles est un château et un monument historique français qui se situe à Versailles, dans les Yvelines, en France. Il fut la résidence des rois de France Louis XIV, Louis XV et Louis XVI. Le roi et la cour y résidèrent de façon permanente du au, à l'exception des années de la Régence de 1715 à 1723.Situés au sud-ouest de Paris, ce château et son domaine visaient à glorifier la monarchie française.Le château est constitué d'une succession d'éléments ayant une harmonie architecturale. Il s'étale sur, répartis en pièces, dont, actuellement, pièces de musée.Le parc du château de Versailles s'étend sur, contre environ avant la Révolution française, dont de jardins. Il comprend de nombreux éléments, dont le Petit et le Grand Trianon, le hameau de la Reine, le Grand et le Petit Canal, une ménagerie (aujourd’hui détruite), une orangerie et la pièce d'eau des Suisses.

Gardens of Versailles
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Parc de Versailles
Versailles, France 78170

<>

The Gardens of Versailles occupy part of what was once the Domaine royal de Versailles, the royal demesne of the château of Versailles. Situated to the west of the palace, the gardens cover some 800 hectares of land, much of which is landscaped in the classic French Garden style perfected here by André Le Nôtre. Beyond the surrounding belt of woodland, the gardens are bordered by the urban areas of Versailles to the east and Le Chesnay to the north-east, by the National Arboretum de Chèvreloup to the north, the Versailles plain (a protected wildlife preserve) to the west, and by the Satory Forest to the south.As part of le domaine national de Versailles et de Trianon, an autonomous public entity operating under the aegis of the French Ministry of Culture, the gardens are now one of the most visited public sites in France, receiving more than six million visitors a year.In addition to the meticulous manicured lawns, parterres of flowers, and sculptures are the fountains, which are located throughout the garden. Dating from the time of Louis XIV and still using much of the same network of hydraulics as was used during the Ancien Régime, the fountains contribute to making the gardens of Versailles unique. On weekends from late spring to early autumn, the administration of the museum sponsors the Grandes Eaux – spectacles during which all the fountains in the gardens are in full play.

Gardens of Versailles
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Parc de Versailles
Versailles, France 78170

<>

The Gardens of Versailles occupy part of what was once the Domaine royal de Versailles, the royal demesne of the château of Versailles. Situated to the west of the palace, the gardens cover some 800 hectares of land, much of which is landscaped in the classic French Garden style perfected here by André Le Nôtre. Beyond the surrounding belt of woodland, the gardens are bordered by the urban areas of Versailles to the east and Le Chesnay to the north-east, by the National Arboretum de Chèvreloup to the north, the Versailles plain (a protected wildlife preserve) to the west, and by the Satory Forest to the south.As part of le domaine national de Versailles et de Trianon, an autonomous public entity operating under the aegis of the French Ministry of Culture, the gardens are now one of the most visited public sites in France, receiving more than six million visitors a year.In addition to the meticulous manicured lawns, parterres of flowers, and sculptures are the fountains, which are located throughout the garden. Dating from the time of Louis XIV and still using much of the same network of hydraulics as was used during the Ancien Régime, the fountains contribute to making the gardens of Versailles unique. On weekends from late spring to early autumn, the administration of the museum sponsors the Grandes Eaux – spectacles during which all the fountains in the gardens are in full play.

Versaille
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, France 78000

01 30 83 78 00

The Palace of Versailles, or simply Versailles, is a royal château in Versailles in the Île-de-France region of France. In French, it is known as the Château de Versailles.When the château was built, Versailles was a country village; today, however, it is a wealthy suburb of Paris, some 20 kilometres southwest of the French capital. The court of Versailles was the center of political power in France from 1682, when Louis XIV moved from Paris, until the royal family was forced to return to the capital in October 1789 after the beginning of the French Revolution. Versailles is therefore famous not only as a building, but as a symbol of the system of absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime.HistoryThe earliest mention of the name of Versailles is in a document dated 1038, relating to the village of Versailles. In 1575, the seigneury of Versailles was bought by Albert de Gondi, a naturalized Florentine, who invited Louis XIII on several hunting trips in the forests surrounding Versailles. Pleased with the location, Louis ordered the construction of a hunting lodge in 1624. Eight years later, Louis obtained the seigneury of Versailles from the Gondi family and began to make enlargements to the château. This structure would become the core of the new palace. Louis XIII's successor, Louis XIV, had it expanded into one of the largest palaces in the world. Following the Treaties of Nijmegen in 1678, he began to gradually move the court to Versailles. The court was officially established there on 6 May 1682.

Grand Trianon
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Grand Parc de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

The Grand Trianon is a château (palace) situated in the northwestern part of the Domain of Versailles. It was built at the request of King Louis XIV of France (r. 1643–1715), as a retreat for himself and his maîtresse en titre of the time, the Marquise de Montespan (1640–1707), and as a place where he and invited guests could take light meals.HistoryTrianon de porcelaineIn 1668, Louis XIV purchased Trianon, a hamlet on the outskirts of Versailles, and commissioned the architect Louis Le Vau to design a porcelain pavilion (Trianon de porcelaine) to be built there.The façade was made of white and blue Delft-style "porcelain" (ceramic) tiles from the French manufactures of Rouen, Lisieux, Nevers and Saint-Cloud. Construction began in 1670 and was finished in 1672.

Grand Trianon
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Grand Parc de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

The Grand Trianon is a château (palace) situated in the northwestern part of the Domain of Versailles. It was built at the request of King Louis XIV of France (r. 1643–1715), as a retreat for himself and his maîtresse en titre of the time, the Marquise de Montespan (1640–1707), and as a place where he and invited guests could take light meals.HistoryTrianon de porcelaineIn 1668, Louis XIV purchased Trianon, a hamlet on the outskirts of Versailles, and commissioned the architect Louis Le Vau to design a porcelain pavilion (Trianon de porcelaine) to be built there.The façade was made of white and blue Delft-style "porcelain" (ceramic) tiles from the French manufactures of Rouen, Lisieux, Nevers and Saint-Cloud. Construction began in 1670 and was finished in 1672.

La Pirogue
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
24 Rue Baillet Reviron
Versailles, France 78000

01 30 21 44 00

Versailles Cathedral
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
4 place Saint Louis
Versailles, France 78000

La cathédrale Saint-Louis de Versailles est une église de style rocaille construite à Versailles (Yvelines) par l'architecte Jacques Hardouin-Mansart de Sagonne. Elle fut bénie en août 1754, choisie comme cathédrale à la Révolution française et finalement consacrée cathédrale en 1843. La façade, ornée de colonnes doriques et corinthiennes, est flanquée de deux campaniles. Un dôme coiffé d'une flèche en forme de balustre est posé au-dessus de la croisée du transept.Origines de la paroisseL'église du village de Versailles, avant la construction du château, était dédiée à saint Julien de Brioude. Cette église fut démolie en 1681. Sur son emplacement fut construit le grand commun du château. L'église Saint-Julien fut reconstruite dans la ville neuve. Elle eut d'ailleurs une existence éphémère. En 1684, Louis XIV posa la première pierre d'un nouvel édifice : la paroisse Notre-Dame qui donna son nom au quartier.Les habitants du vieux Versailles, du Parc aux Cerfs et des rues voisines, au nombre d'environ quatre mille cinquante, ne disposaient plus d'aucun lieu de culte. Notre-Dame était loin et son accès difficile, puisqu'il fallait alors traverser la place d'armes pour s'y rendre. Quand, à la fin du, cette partie de la ville prit de l'extension, les architectes chargés de dresser les plans ne manquèrent pas de prévoir une église. Dès 1725, on avait bâti à l'angle des rues de Satory et d'Anjou, près du Potager du roi, une chapelle provisoire longue d'une trentaine de mètres, flanquée d'un collatéral et entourée d'un cimetière. On commença à y enterrer au mois d'avril 1727, à y baptiser le 17 mai 1728.

Versailles Cathedral
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
4 place Saint Louis
Versailles, France 78000

La cathédrale Saint-Louis de Versailles est une église de style rocaille construite à Versailles (Yvelines) par l'architecte Jacques Hardouin-Mansart de Sagonne. Elle fut bénie en août 1754, choisie comme cathédrale à la Révolution française et finalement consacrée cathédrale en 1843. La façade, ornée de colonnes doriques et corinthiennes, est flanquée de deux campaniles. Un dôme coiffé d'une flèche en forme de balustre est posé au-dessus de la croisée du transept.Origines de la paroisseL'église du village de Versailles, avant la construction du château, était dédiée à saint Julien de Brioude. Cette église fut démolie en 1681. Sur son emplacement fut construit le grand commun du château. L'église Saint-Julien fut reconstruite dans la ville neuve. Elle eut d'ailleurs une existence éphémère. En 1684, Louis XIV posa la première pierre d'un nouvel édifice : la paroisse Notre-Dame qui donna son nom au quartier.Les habitants du vieux Versailles, du Parc aux Cerfs et des rues voisines, au nombre d'environ quatre mille cinquante, ne disposaient plus d'aucun lieu de culte. Notre-Dame était loin et son accès difficile, puisqu'il fallait alors traverser la place d'armes pour s'y rendre. Quand, à la fin du, cette partie de la ville prit de l'extension, les architectes chargés de dresser les plans ne manquèrent pas de prévoir une église. Dès 1725, on avait bâti à l'angle des rues de Satory et d'Anjou, près du Potager du roi, une chapelle provisoire longue d'une trentaine de mètres, flanquée d'un collatéral et entourée d'un cimetière. On commença à y enterrer au mois d'avril 1727, à y baptiser le 17 mai 1728.

Hameau de la Reine
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Parc du château de Versailles
Versailles, France 98109

The Hameau de la Reine is a rustic retreat in the park of the Château de Versailles built for Marie Antoinette in 1783 near the Petit Trianon in the Yvelines, France. It served as a private meeting place for the Queen and her closest friends, a place of leisure. Designed by the Queen's favoured architect, Richard Mique and with the help of the painter Hubert Robert, it contained a meadowland with lakes and streams, a classical Temple of Love on an island with fragrant shrubs and flowers, an octagonal belvedere, with a neighbouring grotto and cascade. There are also various buildings in a rustic or vernacular style, inspired by Norman or Flemish design, situated around an irregular pond fed by a stream that turned the mill wheel. The building scheme included a farmhouse,, a dairy, a dovecote, a boudoir, a barn that was burned down during the French Revolution, a mill and a tower in the form of a lighthouse. Each building is decorated with a garden, an orchard or a flower garden. The largest and most famous of these houses is the "Queen's House" that is connected to the Billiard house by a wooden gallery, at the center of the village. A working farm was close to the idyllic, fantasy-like setting of the Queen’s Hamlet.The hameau is the best-known of a series of rustic garden constructions built at the time, notably the Prince of Condé's Hameau de Chantilly which was the inspiration for the Versailles hameau. Such model farms operating under principles espoused by the Physiocrats, were fashionable among the French aristocracy at the time. One primary purpose of the hameau was to add to the ambiance of the Petit Trianon, giving the illusion that it was deep in the countryside rather than within the confines of Versailles. The rooms at the hameau allowed for more intimacy than the grand salons at Versailles or at the Petit Trianon.

Hôtel de ville de Versailles
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
4 avenue de Paris
Versailles, France 78000

L’hôtel de ville de Versailles tel qu'il existe aujourd'hui a été construit au tournant du. Décidée en 1897 sur ordre du maire de l'époque Édouard Lefebvre, sa construction est confiée à l'architecte Henri Legrand. Il a été inauguré le 18 novembre 1900.Histoire de l'édificeC’est en 1670, à l’initiative de Bernardin Gigault de Bellefonds et maréchal de France (1630 - 1694), gouverneur des chenils et de la louveterie du Roi, que s’élève à l'actuel 4 de l'avenue de Paris, une très belle demeure dont les jardins s’étendent jusqu’au parc du château. Face à lui, de l’autre côté de l’avenue, l’hôtel du Grand Veneur, aujourd’hui disparu, lui donne la réplique avec une égale magnificence. Mais les travaux de construction des Écuries Royales (actuelle école nationale d'architecture de Versailles) privant le maréchal de sa royale perspective, il vend son hôtel au chevalier de Lorraine. Louis XIV l’acquiert en 1680 pour Louis de Bourbon, comte de Vermandois, son fils légitimé, qui meurt prématurément trois ans plus tard. La propriété revient alors à sa sœur, la princesse de Conti, qui en fait un lieu de fêtes prisé de toute la cour.

Versailles Cathedral
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
4 place Saint Louis
Versailles, France 78000

Versailles Cathedral is a Roman Catholic cathedral, and national monument of France, in Versailles.It is the seat of the Bishop of Versailles, created as a constitutional bishopric in 1790 and confirmed by the Concordat of 1801.It was built as the parish church of Saint Louis before becoming the cathedral of the new diocese. The building is of the mid-18th century: the first stone was laid, by Louis XV, on 12 June 1743 and the church was consecrated on 24 August 17 1754. The architect was Jacques Hardouin-Mansart de Sagonne, a grandson of the famous architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart. In 1764 Louis-François Trouard added the Chapelle de la Providence to the northern transept.During the French Revolution it was used as a Temple of Abundance, and badly defaced.It was chosen and used as the cathedral by the post-Revolutionary bishop, who preferred it to the church of Notre-Dame in Versailles, which had been the choice of the preceding constitutional bishop. Its consecration as a cathedral was however severely delayed, and was not performed until 1843, by the diocese's third bishop, Louis-Marie-Edmond Blanquart de Bailleul.

Versailles Cathedral
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
4 place Saint Louis
Versailles, France 78000

Versailles Cathedral is a Roman Catholic cathedral, and national monument of France, in Versailles.It is the seat of the Bishop of Versailles, created as a constitutional bishopric in 1790 and confirmed by the Concordat of 1801.It was built as the parish church of Saint Louis before becoming the cathedral of the new diocese. The building is of the mid-18th century: the first stone was laid, by Louis XV, on 12 June 1743 and the church was consecrated on 24 August 17 1754. The architect was Jacques Hardouin-Mansart de Sagonne, a grandson of the famous architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart. In 1764 Louis-François Trouard added the Chapelle de la Providence to the northern transept.During the French Revolution it was used as a Temple of Abundance, and badly defaced.It was chosen and used as the cathedral by the post-Revolutionary bishop, who preferred it to the church of Notre-Dame in Versailles, which had been the choice of the preceding constitutional bishop. Its consecration as a cathedral was however severely delayed, and was not performed until 1843, by the diocese's third bishop, Louis-Marie-Edmond Blanquart de Bailleul.

Théâtre Montansier
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
13 Rue des Réservoirs
Versailles, France 78000

01 39 20 16 16

Versaille Château
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, France 78000

01 30 83 78 00

Gare de Versailles-Chantiers
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place Raymond Poincaré
Versailles, France

Versailles – Chantiers is the principal railway station serving the city of Versailles. It provides national service on the Paris–Brest railway line, as well as regional, and commuter (Paris) rail service.

Haras de Jardy
Distance: 2.0 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard de Jardy
Marnes-la-Coquette, France 92430

Haras de Jardy was a Thoroughbred horse breeding operation established in 1890 in Marnes-la-Coquette France by the statesman Edmond Blanc (1856-1920). The farm became home to many important stallions including one of the leading sires in France and English Triple Crown Champion, Flying Fox as well as others such as Winkfield's Pride, Val d'Or, Ajax I, Teddy, Hermis and Coaltown.Haras de Jardy would gain such a reputation that it was visited by horse owners and breeders from around the world, including King Edward VII in 1905, Queen Elizabeth II in 1957 and Nikita Khrushchev in 1961.After Edmond Blanc's death in 1920, his wife operated the business. In 1920-21, her horse Ksar scored back-to-back wins in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe and standing at stud at Haras de Jardy was the leading sire in France in 1931. The property was eventually sold to Marcel Boussac, who owned it until his death in 1980, after which it became the property of the government. Today, it is a public park with a golf course and home to the largest equestrian center in the country.

Haras de Jardy
Distance: 2.0 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard de Jardy
Marnes-la-Coquette, France 92430

Haras de Jardy was a Thoroughbred horse breeding operation established in 1890 in Marnes-la-Coquette France by the statesman Edmond Blanc (1856-1920). The farm became home to many important stallions including one of the leading sires in France and English Triple Crown Champion, Flying Fox as well as others such as Winkfield's Pride, Val d'Or, Ajax I, Teddy, Hermis and Coaltown.Haras de Jardy would gain such a reputation that it was visited by horse owners and breeders from around the world, including King Edward VII in 1905, Queen Elizabeth II in 1957 and Nikita Khrushchev in 1961.After Edmond Blanc's death in 1920, his wife operated the business. In 1920-21, her horse Ksar scored back-to-back wins in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe and standing at stud at Haras de Jardy was the leading sire in France in 1931. The property was eventually sold to Marcel Boussac, who owned it until his death in 1980, after which it became the property of the government. Today, it is a public park with a golf course and home to the largest equestrian center in the country.

Salle du Jeu de paume
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Rue du jeu de Paume
Versailles, France 78000

La salle du Jeu de paume est située rue du Jeu de paume, au cœur du quartier Saint-Louis, à Versailles (Yvelines). Elle est célèbre pour le serment du Jeu de paume qu'y prêtèrent les députés du Tiers état le 20 juin 1789.Le jeu de Paume à VersaillesCette salle, que l'on nommait à l'époque « tripot », fut construite par Nicolas Creté en 1686. Le roi Louis XIV, ainsi que d'autres personnages de la Cour, y ont joué au jeu de paume, jeu très populaire à l'époque et ancêtre du tennis actuel. À noter qu'il y avait plusieurs salles de ce genre à Paris, et que les roturiers ne pouvaient pas participer.

Museum Near Royal Opera of Versailles

Château de Versailles
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Chateau de Versaille
Versailles, France 78000

+33 (0) 1 30 83 78 00

Palace of Versailles
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Château de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

01 30 83 78 00

Le château de Versailles est un château et un monument historique français qui se situe à Versailles, dans les Yvelines, en France. Il fut la résidence des rois de France Louis XIV, Louis XV et Louis XVI. Le roi et la cour y résidèrent de façon permanente du au, à l'exception des années de la Régence de 1715 à 1723.Situés au sud-ouest de Paris, ce château et son domaine visaient à glorifier la monarchie française.Le château est constitué d'une succession d'éléments ayant une harmonie architecturale. Il s'étale sur, répartis en pièces, dont, actuellement, pièces de musée.Le parc du château de Versailles s'étend sur, contre environ avant la Révolution française, dont de jardins. Il comprend de nombreux éléments, dont le Petit et le Grand Trianon, le hameau de la Reine, le Grand et le Petit Canal, une ménagerie (aujourd’hui détruite), une orangerie et la pièce d'eau des Suisses.

Chateau De Versailles, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, France 78000

01 30 83 78 00

Palace De Versailles, Paris France
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, France 92360

+33 1 30837800

Grand Trianon
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Grand Parc de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

The Grand Trianon is a château (palace) situated in the northwestern part of the Domain of Versailles. It was built at the request of King Louis XIV of France (r. 1643–1715), as a retreat for himself and his maîtresse en titre of the time, the Marquise de Montespan (1640–1707), and as a place where he and invited guests could take light meals.HistoryTrianon de porcelaineIn 1668, Louis XIV purchased Trianon, a hamlet on the outskirts of Versailles, and commissioned the architect Louis Le Vau to design a porcelain pavilion (Trianon de porcelaine) to be built there.The façade was made of white and blue Delft-style "porcelain" (ceramic) tiles from the French manufactures of Rouen, Lisieux, Nevers and Saint-Cloud. Construction began in 1670 and was finished in 1672.

Grand Canal Du Chateau De Versailles
Distance: 1.7 mi Tourist Information
Parc de Château de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

<>

Château De Buc
Distance: 2.4 mi Tourist Information
20 rue Louis Massotte
Buc, France 78530

Domaine De Madame Elisabeth
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
73 avenue de Paris
Versailles, France 78000

Musée de la Toile de Jouy
Distance: 2.9 mi Tourist Information
54 rue Charles de Gaulle
Jouy-en-Josas, France 78350

0139564864

Les Grandes Ecuries du Roi, Versailles
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 avenue Rockefeller
Versailles, France

Grande Écurie
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, France 78000

La Grande Écurie est un bâtiment qui se trouve à Versailles (Yvelines), sur la place d'Armes, en face du château, entre les avenues de Saint-Cloud et de Paris. Constituant avec la Petite Écurie les Écuries royales (institution faisant travailler un millier de personnes sous Louis XIV), elle a été construite sous la direction de l'architecte Jules Hardouin-Mansart et achevée en 1682.Dotée d'un manège, elle abritait les chevaux de chasse et de guerre du roi.HistoireIdentique à la Petite Écurie, dont elle est séparée par l’Avenue de Paris, sous l'Ancien Régime, elle se trouvait sous les ordres du Grand écuyer de France et abritait l'école des pages du roi, réservée aux fils des familles de la noblesse militaire dont l'ancienneté remontait à au moins 1550, ainsi que les montures réservées au roi et aux princes dont les pages assuraient le service. La réception comme page du roi en sa Grande écurie était, pour une famille, un honneur qui venait juste après celui des Honneurs de la Cour. Lorsque le roi devait se déplacer à la nuit tombée à Versailles dans le château ou les jardins, il revenait à six pages de sa Grande écurie, portant chacun flambeau, de le précéder, lui ouvrant la route et lui éclairant le chemin.

Ecole des Beaux Arts
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
11 Rue Saint-Simon
Versailles, France 78000

01 39 49 46 14

Osmothèque
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
36 Rue du Parc de Clagny
Versailles, France 78000

+33 (0)1 39 55 46 99

The Osmothèque is the world’s largest scent archive, a leading international research institution tracing the history of perfumery, based in Versailles with conference centers in New York City and Paris. Founded in 1990 by Jean Kerléo and other senior perfumers including Jean-Claude Ellena and Guy Robert, the Osmothèque is internationally responsible for the authentication, registration, preservation, documentation and reproduction of thousands of perfumes gathered from the past two millennia, archived at the Osmothèque repository and consultable by the public.Exclusive to the collection are countless rare masterpieces elsewhere discontinued or reformulated, including François Coty’s Chypre, Paul Parquet’s Fougère Royale and Aimé Guerlain's Jicky as well as numerous personalized fragrances worn by historical figures such as Elizabeth of Poland, Napoleon and Eugénie de Montijo. Since 2008, Patricia de Nicolaï has served as the institution’s president.

Osmothèque
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
36, rue du Parc de Clagny Versailles
Paris, France 78000

L’Osmothèque, est l'unique conservatoire traçant l’histoire de la parfumerie. Il est basé à Versailles et possède une antenne à New York. Fondée en 1990 par Jean Kerléo et d’autres parfumeurs confirmés, comme Jean-Claude Ellena et Guy Robert, l’Osmothèque est responsable au niveau international de l'authentification, l'enregistrement, la conservation, la documentation et la reproduction de parfums, tous archivés dans leur formulation originale au dépôt Osmothèque et consultable par le public. On y trouve un grand nombre de chefs-d’œuvre de la parfumerie, dont certains parfums rares comme le Chypre de François Coty, l'Eau de Cologne extra Vieille de Jean-Marie Farina ou encore la Fougère royale de Paul Parquet . Sont aussi disponibles de nombreux parfums historiques comme ceux d'Élisabeth de Pologne, de Napoléon ou d'Eugénie de Montijo. Depuis 2008, Patricia de Nicolaï est la présidente du Conservatoire.

Musée Lambinet
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
54, boulevard de la Reine
Versailles, France 78000

The Musée Lambinet is a municipal museum in Versailles telling the history of the town. Since 1932 it has been housed in the hôtel Lambinet, a hôtel particulier designed by Élie Blanchard, built in the second half of the 18th century by a part of the Clagny lake (drained in 1837) and left to the town of Versailles by the heirs of Victor Lambinet (a cousin of the painter Émile Lambinet) in 1929. It has been classed as a monument historique since 1944. Its garden façade has a sculpted pediment representing an allegorical figure of architecture.The museum has 35 rooms, some with period decor, in which collections on the town's history are displayed, such as furniture, ceramics and objets d'art as well as historic plans of the town and paintings, sculptures and other works of art by artists from the town (notably works by Jean-Antoine Houdon).PaintingsThe catalogue lists 542 works, plus 8 deposited at the municipal library and 2 at the hôtel de ville. Bibliography Peintures du musée Lambinet à Versailles, ed. Somogy et Musée Lambinet, 2005, s. l. (Italy), ISBN 2-85056-938-0.

Société des Amis de Versailles
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Aile Nord des Ministres, Château de Versailles
Versailles, France 78008

<>

NOS MISSIONS : Restaurer et conserver le patrimoine de Versailles : Par sa capacité à mobiliser des mécènes - particuliers et entreprises - la Société œuvre à la restauration intérieure et extérieure du Château de Versailles : cabinets précieux, pièces ou salons, fontaines ou pavillons, sculptures, termes ou vases..., les restaurations sont variées et mutiples. Enrichir les collections de Versailles : Grâce à l'acquisistion d'oeuvres d'art d'exception de provenance royale ou équivalente, la Société des Amis de Versailles contribue à redonner corps et à embellir cet ensemble unique au monde : l'acquisition de pièces de mobilier, de tableaux, dessins ou pastels, d'objets des arts décoratifs et de livres anciens, contribue à retrouver la magnificence des lieux et des décors jusque dans les moindres détails. Faire rayonner ce patrimoine exceptionnel et le mettre à la portée de tous : Grâce au programme trimestriel d'activités proposé - visites privées, conférences-débat, concerts, publications, excursions et voyages en France et à l'étranger, la Société a vocation à attirer un public toujours plus vaste. Les événements prestigieux et les publications scientifiques qu'elle développe sont également de nature à diffuser la connaissance de Versailles en drainant un public élargi, amateur de Versailles et du Grand Style. Mobiliser des actions internationales en faveur de la restauration du château de Versailles : A l'aide de ses sociétés sœurs, les American Friends of Versailles et les European Friends of Versailles (ou Amis Européens de Versailles), la Société des Amis de Versailles relève de nouveaux défis en matière de restauration du patrimoine d'exception, inscrit depuis 1979 au Patrimoine Mondial de l'UNESCO. Ces sociétés sœurs contribuent à la dimension internationale de la Société VOUS QUI AIMEZ LE CHÂTEAU DE VERSAILLES, REJOIGNEZ LA SOCIÉTÉ DES AMIS DE VERSAILLES !

Salle des Croisades
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Château de Versailles
Versailles, France

The Salle des Croisades is a set of rooms located in the north wing of the Palace of Versailles.The rooms were created in the mid-19th century by king Louis-Philippe, and opened in 1843, at a time when France was seized with enthusiasm with its historical past, and especially the Crusades period. The rooms are filled with over 120 paintings related to the Crusades. King Louis-Philippe included the names of the thousands of family whose ancestors went to the Crusades, encouraging many forgeries at that time.

Performance Venue Near Royal Opera of Versailles

Palais des Congrès de Versailles
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
10 Rue de la Chancellerie
Versailles, France 78000

+33 1 40 68 22 22

Royale Factory
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
2 rue Jean Houdon
Versailles, France 78000

0951747883

Venez appréciez les spectacles sélectionnés spécialement pour vous par l'équipe de la Royale Factory : LE CAFE THEATRE de VERSAILLES. Autour d'un verre, profitez des humoristes, magiciens, acteurs et musiciens invités sur le plateau, certains pour une date d'autres pour un mois... Et si vous avez aimé : partagez, likez, diffusez l'information, nous ne dépendons que de vous. Plus nous serons nombreux, plus large sera notre offre ! @ très vite www.royalefactory.fr [email protected] Téléphone : 09 51 74 78 83 Billeterie en ligne : https://www.facebook.com/RoyaleFACTORY/app_190322544333196 Pour les artistes : contactez directement le théâtre par mail pour vos demande de programmations, c'est pas ici que l'on gère cela ;)

Le Grand Bal Masqué de Versailles
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Orangerie du Château de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

0130837889

Académie Du Spectacle Equestre Bartabas
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Rockefeller
Versailles, France 78000

Académie Du Spectacle Equestre Bartabas
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Rockefeller
Versailles, France 78000

Château de Versailles Spectacles
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, France 78000

01 30 83 78 89

Méli-Mélo
Distance: 1.9 mi Tourist Information
51, rue Rémont
Versailles, France 78000

07 82 31 24 33

Méli-Mélo
Distance: 1.9 mi Tourist Information
51, rue Rémont
Versailles, France 78000

07 82 31 24 33

Soirée BOOM HEC
Distance: 3.9 mi Tourist Information
CAMPUS HEC, 1 rue de la Libération
Jouy-en-Josas, France 78350

<>

Le BOOM HEC est le plus grand événement festif organisé par le BDE d’HEC Paris. Bien que ses origines remontent à 1961, le concept qui fait sa force demeure intact : rassembler étudiants de région parisienne, artistes et partenaires de premier rang le temps d’une soirée reconnue pour sa créativité. Durant la dernière décennie, le BOOM accomplit le virage de l’éclectisme en renforçant davantage la renommée d’invités tels que Martin Solveig en 2002, Bob Sinclar en 2004, David Guetta en 2005, Benny Benassi en 2007, Laurent Wolf en 2010, Antoine Clamaran en 2011 et Joris Delacroix en 2013.

Théâtre Des Arcades De Buc
Distance: 2.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de la République
Buc, France

<>

Théâtre Des Arcades De Buc
Distance: 2.1 mi Tourist Information
Place de la République
Buc, France

<>

La Carte Magique
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
http://lacartemagique.gratoshop.com/
Versailles, France 78000

0685617800

Landmark Near Royal Opera of Versailles

Palace of Versailles
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Château de Versailles
Versailles, France 78000

01 30 83 78 00

Le château de Versailles est un château et un monument historique français qui se situe à Versailles, dans les Yvelines, en France. Il fut la résidence des rois de France Louis XIV, Louis XV et Louis XVI. Le roi et la cour y résidèrent de façon permanente du au, à l'exception des années de la Régence de 1715 à 1723.Situés au sud-ouest de Paris, ce château et son domaine visaient à glorifier la monarchie française.Le château est constitué d'une succession d'éléments ayant une harmonie architecturale. Il s'étale sur, répartis en pièces, dont, actuellement, pièces de musée.Le parc du château de Versailles s'étend sur, contre environ avant la Révolution française, dont de jardins. Il comprend de nombreux éléments, dont le Petit et le Grand Trianon, le hameau de la Reine, le Grand et le Petit Canal, une ménagerie (aujourd’hui détruite), une orangerie et la pièce d'eau des Suisses.

Versaille
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, France 78000

01 30 83 78 00

The Palace of Versailles, or simply Versailles, is a royal château in Versailles in the Île-de-France region of France. In French, it is known as the Château de Versailles.When the château was built, Versailles was a country village; today, however, it is a wealthy suburb of Paris, some 20 kilometres southwest of the French capital. The court of Versailles was the center of political power in France from 1682, when Louis XIV moved from Paris, until the royal family was forced to return to the capital in October 1789 after the beginning of the French Revolution. Versailles is therefore famous not only as a building, but as a symbol of the system of absolute monarchy of the Ancien Régime.HistoryThe earliest mention of the name of Versailles is in a document dated 1038, relating to the village of Versailles. In 1575, the seigneury of Versailles was bought by Albert de Gondi, a naturalized Florentine, who invited Louis XIII on several hunting trips in the forests surrounding Versailles. Pleased with the location, Louis ordered the construction of a hunting lodge in 1624. Eight years later, Louis obtained the seigneury of Versailles from the Gondi family and began to make enlargements to the château. This structure would become the core of the new palace. Louis XIII's successor, Louis XIV, had it expanded into one of the largest palaces in the world. Following the Treaties of Nijmegen in 1678, he began to gradually move the court to Versailles. The court was officially established there on 6 May 1682.

Théâtre Montansier
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
13 rue des Réservoirs
Versailles, France 78000

The Théâtre Montansier is a French theatre in rue des Réservoirs, Versailles, near the royal château. It was created by the actress and theatre director Mademoiselle Montansier, designed by Jean-François Heurtier, inspecteur général des bâtiments du roi and designer of the Salle Favart at the Opéra-Comique. The theatre opened 18 November 1777, with Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette in attendance.It has been headed by such figures as Marcelle Tassencourt, wife of Thierry Maulnier, and Francis Perrin. Since 2000, it has been headed by Jean-Daniel Laval who, since taking on the role, has declared his wish to see the Théâtre Montansier opened up to a wider audience.Bibliography Jacques Villard, Le théâtre Montansier à Versailles - De la Montansier à Francis Perrin, Champflour, Marly-le-Roi, 1998 ISBN 2-87655-037-7

La Boutique des Créateurs Versailles
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
33 rue de la Paroisse
Versailles, France 78000

La Boutique des Créateurs c'est une quinzaine de créateurs qui présentent leur nouvelle collection pendant un mois. Les créateurs ne présentent que des produits et articles fabriqués de façon artisanale en petites séries ou en pièces uniques. Vous ne trouvez donc ici que des articles originaux et exclusifs!

Grande Écurie
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place d'Armes
Versailles, France 78000

La Grande Écurie est un bâtiment qui se trouve à Versailles (Yvelines), sur la place d'Armes, en face du château, entre les avenues de Saint-Cloud et de Paris. Constituant avec la Petite Écurie les Écuries royales (institution faisant travailler un millier de personnes sous Louis XIV), elle a été construite sous la direction de l'architecte Jules Hardouin-Mansart et achevée en 1682.Dotée d'un manège, elle abritait les chevaux de chasse et de guerre du roi.HistoireIdentique à la Petite Écurie, dont elle est séparée par l’Avenue de Paris, sous l'Ancien Régime, elle se trouvait sous les ordres du Grand écuyer de France et abritait l'école des pages du roi, réservée aux fils des familles de la noblesse militaire dont l'ancienneté remontait à au moins 1550, ainsi que les montures réservées au roi et aux princes dont les pages assuraient le service. La réception comme page du roi en sa Grande écurie était, pour une famille, un honneur qui venait juste après celui des Honneurs de la Cour. Lorsque le roi devait se déplacer à la nuit tombée à Versailles dans le château ou les jardins, il revenait à six pages de sa Grande écurie, portant chacun flambeau, de le précéder, lui ouvrant la route et lui éclairant le chemin.

Versailles Orangerie
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
slim
Versailles, France 78000

<>

The Versailles Orangerie (French: L′Orangerie du Château de Versailles) was built by Jules Hardouin-Mansart between 1684 and 1686, replacing Le Vaus design from 1663 - that is to say, before work on the palace had even begun. It is an example of many such prestigious extensions of grand gardens in Europe designed both to shelter tender plants and impress visitors. In the winter, the Versailles Orangerie houses more than a thousand trees in boxes. Most are citrus trees, but there are many tender Mediterranean plants including oleanders, olive, pomegranate, and palm trees. From May to October, they are put outdoors in the Parterre Bas.The allure of citrusThe sweet orange was introduced to Europe by the fifteenth or sixteenth century. At first, they were an expensive food item. Medieval cookbooks tell exactly how many orange slices a visiting dignitary was entitled to. Citrus soon became the fashion of the nobility and rich merchants. By the sixteenth century, sweet oranges had become well-established and had assumed commercial importance in Europe.In France, the first orangerie was built and stocked by Charles VIII of France at the Château of Amboise. There is general agreement that the arrival of the sweet orange in Europe was linked with the activities of the Portuguese during the fifteenth century, and particularly by Vasco de Gama's voyages to the East. Although the Romans had been acquainted with lemons and probably sour oranges as well as citrons, the different types - sour oranges, lemons and sweet oranges - reached Europe centuries apart. By withholding water and nutrients, and by using pruning techniques, French gardeners were able to make citrus trees bloom throughout the year, to the delight of Louis XIV. Citrus motifs formed themes in sculpture, mosaics, embroidery, weaving, paintings, poems, and songs throughout history, and orange blossoms remain prized as floral ornaments at weddings.

Salle des Croisades
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Château de Versailles
Versailles, France

The Salle des Croisades is a set of rooms located in the north wing of the Palace of Versailles.The rooms were created in the mid-19th century by king Louis-Philippe, and opened in 1843, at a time when France was seized with enthusiasm with its historical past, and especially the Crusades period. The rooms are filled with over 120 paintings related to the Crusades. King Louis-Philippe included the names of the thousands of family whose ancestors went to the Crusades, encouraging many forgeries at that time.

Salle du Jeu de paume
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Rue du jeu de Paume
Versailles, France 78000

La salle du Jeu de paume est située rue du Jeu de paume, au cœur du quartier Saint-Louis, à Versailles (Yvelines). Elle est célèbre pour le serment du Jeu de paume qu'y prêtèrent les députés du Tiers état le 20 juin 1789.Le jeu de Paume à VersaillesCette salle, que l'on nommait à l'époque « tripot », fut construite par Nicolas Creté en 1686. Le roi Louis XIV, ainsi que d'autres personnages de la Cour, y ont joué au jeu de paume, jeu très populaire à l'époque et ancêtre du tennis actuel. À noter qu'il y avait plusieurs salles de ce genre à Paris, et que les roturiers ne pouvaient pas participer.

Hôtel de ville de Versailles
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
4 avenue de Paris
Versailles, France 78000

L’hôtel de ville de Versailles tel qu'il existe aujourd'hui a été construit au tournant du. Décidée en 1897 sur ordre du maire de l'époque Édouard Lefebvre, sa construction est confiée à l'architecte Henri Legrand. Il a été inauguré le 18 novembre 1900.Histoire de l'édificeC’est en 1670, à l’initiative de Bernardin Gigault de Bellefonds et maréchal de France (1630 - 1694), gouverneur des chenils et de la louveterie du Roi, que s’élève à l'actuel 4 de l'avenue de Paris, une très belle demeure dont les jardins s’étendent jusqu’au parc du château. Face à lui, de l’autre côté de l’avenue, l’hôtel du Grand Veneur, aujourd’hui disparu, lui donne la réplique avec une égale magnificence. Mais les travaux de construction des Écuries Royales (actuelle école nationale d'architecture de Versailles) privant le maréchal de sa royale perspective, il vend son hôtel au chevalier de Lorraine. Louis XIV l’acquiert en 1680 pour Louis de Bourbon, comte de Vermandois, son fils légitimé, qui meurt prématurément trois ans plus tard. La propriété revient alors à sa sœur, la princesse de Conti, qui en fait un lieu de fêtes prisé de toute la cour.

Potager du roi
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
10, rue du Maréchal Joffre
Versailles, France 78000

The potager du Roi, near the Palace of Versailles, produced fresh vegetables and fruits for the table of the court of Louis XIV. It was created between 1678 and 1683 by Jean-Baptiste de La Quintinie, the director of the royal fruit and vegetable gardens. Today it is run by the École Nationale Supérieure du Paysage, the high state school in France for the training of landscape architects. It is listed by the French Ministry of Culture as one of the Remarkable Gardens of France by the Comité des Parcs et Jardins de France. It is currently under the direction of Antoine Jacobsohn.HistoryThe Potager du roi under Louis XIVThe finished garden looked very much as it looks today. It covered twenty-five acres (nine hectares), with a circular pond and fountain in the center, surrounded by a Grand Carré, a large square made up of sixteen squares of vegetables. Around this was a raised terrace from which the King could watch the gardeners work. A high wall surrounded the Grand Carré, and behind the wall were twenty-nine enclosed gardens, with fruit trees and vegetables. The careful arrangement of the different chambers of the gardens created individual microclimates, which allowed La Quintinie to grow fruits and vegetables out of their usual season.In his Instruction pour les jardins fruitiers et potagers, on the results obtained by his use of different types of manure, he wrote:"la chaleur, tant dans la terre que dans l’air ne peut régulièrement venir que des rayons du soleil. J’ose dire pourtant que j’ai été assez heureux pour l’imiter en petit à l’égard de quelques petits fruits : j’en ai fait mûrir cinq et six semaines devant le temps, par exemple des fraises à la fin mars, des précoces, et des pois en avril, des figues en juin, des asperges et des laitues pommées en décembre, janvier..."

Hôpital Richaud
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Richaud
Versailles, France 78000

0139516120

Lhôpital Richaud, autrefois hôpital royal de Versailles, est un monument historique complètement restauré et transformé depuis 2015 en logements, commerces et professions libérales.LocalisationL'hôpital est situé dans le quartier Notre-Dame dans le centre de Versailles près de la gare Rive-Droite. Il est situé à proximité de l'église Notre-Dame, du musée Lambinet ainsi que du lycée Hoche et de l'établissement scolaire privé Saint-Jean-Hulst.Deux parkings souterrains ont été creusés de part et d'autre de l'édifice, l'un sous le boulevard de la Reine nommé 'Reine-Richaud' et géré par Urbis Park, au niveau de la rue du Maréchal Foch, et l'autre sous la place du Marché Notre-Dame, géré par Indigo. Ils sont accessibles aux Personnes à mobilités réduites, et offrent des tarifs globalement similaires.

Parc Balbi
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
17 rue du maréchal Joffre
Versailles, France 78000

Le parc Balbi est un parc de type anglais, situé à côté du potager du roi à Versailles, en France. Son accès est libre et son entrée se situe rue du Maréchal Joffre.Faune et floreLe Balbi, constitue l'habitat de nombreuses espèces faunistiques : palmipèdes, petits carnassiers : renards, fouines, hérissons, des odonates, lépidoptères, hyménoptères, oiseaux, reptiles : couleuvres, lézards verts… Il apporte la nature en ville et peut être un lieu pédagogique d'observation.Chronologie du parc BalbiAvant 1730, l'emplacement du parc Balbi était un boisement appartenant à différents propriétaires.En 1785, le comte de Provence (frère du roi Louis XVI et futur Louis XVIII) achète un ensemble de parcelles afin de réaliser un jardin d'agrément de type irrégulier, sorte de petite retraite champêtre, où le comte pouvait recevoir ses intimes et sa maîtresse en titre, Anne de Caumont La Force, comtesse de Balbi. Le jardin est dessiné par l'architecte Jean-François-Thérèse Chalgrin. Un relevé est effectué par Du Caille : sur ce plan on peut découvrir le pavillon de Monsieur (au sud de la parcelle), une pièce d'eau prolongée par une rivière, un amas de pierre constituant une grotte surmontée d'un belvédère, quelques fabriques, des réservoirs ainsi qu'une serre chaude.

Osmothèque
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
36 Rue du Parc de Clagny
Versailles, France 78000

+33 (0)1 39 55 46 99

The Osmothèque is the world’s largest scent archive, a leading international research institution tracing the history of perfumery, based in Versailles with conference centers in New York City and Paris. Founded in 1990 by Jean Kerléo and other senior perfumers including Jean-Claude Ellena and Guy Robert, the Osmothèque is internationally responsible for the authentication, registration, preservation, documentation and reproduction of thousands of perfumes gathered from the past two millennia, archived at the Osmothèque repository and consultable by the public.Exclusive to the collection are countless rare masterpieces elsewhere discontinued or reformulated, including François Coty’s Chypre, Paul Parquet’s Fougère Royale and Aimé Guerlain's Jicky as well as numerous personalized fragrances worn by historical figures such as Elizabeth of Poland, Napoleon and Eugénie de Montijo. Since 2008, Patricia de Nicolaï has served as the institution’s president.

Osmothèque
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
36, rue du Parc de Clagny Versailles
Paris, France 78000

L’Osmothèque, est l'unique conservatoire traçant l’histoire de la parfumerie. Il est basé à Versailles et possède une antenne à New York. Fondée en 1990 par Jean Kerléo et d’autres parfumeurs confirmés, comme Jean-Claude Ellena et Guy Robert, l’Osmothèque est responsable au niveau international de l'authentification, l'enregistrement, la conservation, la documentation et la reproduction de parfums, tous archivés dans leur formulation originale au dépôt Osmothèque et consultable par le public. On y trouve un grand nombre de chefs-d’œuvre de la parfumerie, dont certains parfums rares comme le Chypre de François Coty, l'Eau de Cologne extra Vieille de Jean-Marie Farina ou encore la Fougère royale de Paul Parquet . Sont aussi disponibles de nombreux parfums historiques comme ceux d'Élisabeth de Pologne, de Napoléon ou d'Eugénie de Montijo. Depuis 2008, Patricia de Nicolaï est la présidente du Conservatoire.

Arboretum de Chèvreloup
Distance: 1.8 mi Tourist Information
30 route de Versailles
Rocquencourt, France 78150

01 39 55 53 80

The Arboretum de Chèvreloup is a major arboretum located just north of the Palace of Versailles at 30, route de Versailles, Rocquencourt, Yvelines, Île-de-France, France. It forms part of the Muséum national d'histoire naturelle, and is open several days per week in the warmer months; an admission fee is charged.HistoryThe site dates to 1699 when Louis XIV acquired the hamlet of Chèvreloup, demolishing its walls to form a hunting ground near his castle. During the 18th century, botanist Bernard de Jussieu (1699–1777) was a frequent visitor at Versailles, where in 1759 he created a botanical garden at the edge of Chèvreloup in today's Parc de Trianon; this garden was destroyed, however, upon the death of Louis XV. During the French Revolution, Chèvreloup was sold to private owners, then purchased by Napoleon in 1806. In the 19th century it became apparent that the Jardin des Plantes in Paris was too small for a national collection, and in 1922 the conservator of the Estate of Versailles and architect François-Benjamin Chaussemiche (1864–1945) established today's arboretum as the Jardin de Jussieu, annex to the National Museum of Natural History. In 1940, however, it was abandoned. Planting resumed in 1960, with parts of the arboretum opening to the public in 1977.