L’Hôtel de Galliffet est un hôtel particulier situé à Paris dans le 7e arrondissement, aux 73 rue de Grenelle et 50 rue de Varenne. Il est actuellement le siège de l'Institut culturel italien de Paris et de la délégation italienne auprès de l'OCDE.HistoireL'hôtel a été construit entre 1776 et 1792 par Étienne-François Le Grand et le sculpteur Jean-Baptiste Boiston pour le marquis Simon-Alexandre de Galliffet, président au Parlement de Provence, à l'emplacement de l'hôtel du président Talon, qui datait de 1680.Saisi comme bien d'émigré en 1792, il est affecté en 1794 au ministère des Relations extérieures dont Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord sera l'hôte le plus illustre.En 1821, les héritiers du marquis de Galliffet parvinrent à rentrer en possession de l'hôtel qui est divisé en appartements et en partie loué, notamment à l'infant d'Espagne don Francisco de Paule en 1838 et au nonce du Pape en 1850.
Istituto Italiano Di Cultura - ParisDistance: 1.4 miTourist Information 73, rue de Grenelle - 75007 Paris Paris, 75007
The Champ de Mars is a large public greenspace in Paris, France, located in the seventh arrondissement, between the Eiffel Tower to the northwest and the École Militaire to the southeast. The park is named after the Campus Martius ("Mars Field") in Rome, a tribute to the Latin name of the Roman God of war. The name also alludes to the fact that the lawns here were formerly used as drilling and marching grounds by the French military.The nearest Métro stations are La Motte-Picquet–Grenelle, École Militaire, and Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel, an RER suburban-commuter-railway station. A disused station, Champ de Mars is also nearby.Originally, the Champ de Mars was part of a large flat open area called Grenelle, which was reserved for market gardening. Citizens would claim small plots and exploit them by growing fruits, vegetables, and flowers for the local market. However, the plain of Grenelle was not an especially fertile place for farming.The construction, in 1765, of the École Militaire designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel, was the first step toward the Champ de Mars in its present form. Grounds for military drills were originally planned for an area south of the school, the current location of the place de Fontenoy. The choice to build an esplanade to the north of the school led to the erection of the noble facade which today encloses the Champ de Mars. The planners leveled the ground, surrounded it with a large ditch and a long avenue of elms, and, as a final touch, the esplanade was enclosed by a fine grille-work fence.
Ministère Éducation NationaleDistance: 1.3 miTourist Information 110, Rue de Grenelle Paris, 75007
The Musée du Vin is a cultural venue in the 16th arrondissement located at 5, square Charles Dickens, Paris, France next to the Trocadéro and the Eiffel Tower. The nearest métro station is Passy. It opened in 1984.OverviewThe museum testifies to the richness and diversity of the French craft of winemaking, through an exposure to tools and objects used to work the grapevine and the wine. The collection is shown in an old setting from the Middle Ages and arranged later in storerooms by the Tiny Brothers of the Convent of Passy.HistoryFormerly, the hill where the winding galleries of the Wine Museum are located was covered by vast oak forest. Around the 6th century, Nigeon village is growing on the heights of Chaillot, with its crops, vineyards and quarries.In 1493, monks settled here. The area of there community extended to the present-day Water Street (Rue des Eaux). The building of the Abbaye de Passy began. The monks cultivated a few acres in a closed street, the existence of which the vinous road reminds us today. In the hill, they discovered ancient quarries where they created the cellars of the Abbey.From the 17th century, Rue des Eaux is open water and allows visitors to access the Museum. The name of the street refers to the mineral springs found there and was in great vogue until 1785. Today, visitors can peer at it through a well shaft. The French Revolution of 1789 removed the religious orders in 1790 and terminated the life of the Abbey, which was gradually destroyed. Rediscovered a few years ago, the Wine Museum opened to the public in 1984.
The Musée social was a private French institution founded in 1894. In the early twentieth century it became an important center of research into topics such as city planning, social housing and labor organization. For many years it played an important role in influencing government policy.OriginsThe original purpose of the Musée social was to preserve documents from the Social Economy pavilion of the Exposition Universelle (1889). This exposition, one hundred years after the French Revolution, had recorded the many changes in thought about the organization of society that had followed. The project to create the museum came from a meeting of Jules Siegfried, Léon Say and Émile Cheysson with count Joseph Dominique Aldebert de Chambrun in 1894. The count decided to devote his fortune to the foundation, which was officially inaugurated in March 1895. Although called a museum, in fact it became a research institute.Towards the end of the nineteenth century there were many non-governmental organizations interested in reform. The Musée social tried to coordinate the efforts of the groups working on "the social question." The Musée social brought together followers of Frédéric Le Play and others who were interested in improving the well-being of the masses while promoting private initiative, going beyond the timid reforms being considered by the government. Many historians consider that the French welfare state originated in the work done at the Musée social.OrganizationThe Musée social was well-funded, and followed an innovative model. It had several sections of study and research with the goal of documenting new topics for debate, possible changes to legislation, and development of new ideas. The institute paid researchers, whose reports were presented at conferences and published in the institute's journals or in collections of work that it published. One section, for example, was headed by Léon de Seilhac and studied contemporary labor movements. Another covered the major strikes during the third republic. Other sections covered topics such as urban and rural sanitation, agriculture, social insurance and employer institutions. All the material was held in the library, and made available to the public.
Solférino is a station on Line 12 of the Paris Métro in the 7th arrondissement.The station opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. It is named after the Rue de Solférino, which is named after the Battle of Solférino a battle fought in 1859 during the Second Italian War of Independence.Solférino is one of the last stations in which the original Nord-Sud Company style of décor has been maintained, with its characteristic large ceramic tablets indicating the name of the station. This is the result of extensive renovation.Nearby are the Musée d'Orsay and the town hall of the 7th arrondissement.
La rue de la Comète est une voie du arrondissement de Paris, en France.DescriptionLa rue de la Comète est une voie publique située dans le arrondissement de Paris. Elle débute au 75 rue Saint-Dominique et se termine au 160 rue de Grenelle.
The Musée Clemenceau is a house museum located in the 16th arrondissement at 8, rue Benjamin Franklin, Paris, France. It is open in the afternoons of Tuesday through Saturday, except in August; an admission fee is charged. The closest métro stations are Passy and Trocadéro.The museum preserves the apartment and garden of Georges Clemenceau (1841–1929), French statesman and writer, who lived there from 1895 until his death. The museum opened to the public in 1931, and preserves the apartment as it was on the day of his death. Its first floor exhibits many objects reflecting Clemenceau's life and work, including the famous coat and gaiters he wore during his visits to the front in World War I, as well as portraits, photos, books, newspapers, and manuscripts.