El Stamford Bridge es un estadio de fútbol en el distrito de Hammersmith y Fulham, en Londres, Inglaterra, y es el hogar del Chelsea Football Club. El estadio se encuentra ubicado en el área urbana de Walham Green y es apodado como The Bridge por los seguidores del club. La capacidad del estadio es de 41.837 espectadores, lo que lo convierte en el octavo estadio con mayor capacidad de la Premier League y en el tercero con mayor capacidad de Londres, solo por detrás del Estadio de Wembley y del Emirates Stadium.Inaugurado en 1877, el estadio fue inicialmente construido para que fuera utilizado por el Fulham, pero éste no aceptó, lo que obligó a fundar un equipo de fútbol específico, el London Athletics Club, que lo usó hasta 1905, cuando el nuevo propietario Henry Augustus Mears refundó el mencionado equipo con el nombre de Chelsea Football Club. El Chelsea ha jugado como local en este estadio desde aquel entonces. El estadio ha sido remodelado numerosas veces, siendo la más reciente en la década de los 90, cuando fue convertido en un moderno estadio con asientos individuales.
Stamford Bridge is a football stadium located in Fulham, London. It is the home ground of Chelsea F.C.. The stadium is located within the Moore Park Estate also known as Walham Green and is often referred to as simply The Bridge. The capacity is 41,663, making it the eighth largest ground in the Premier League, but is due in the next few years to be expanded to a capacity of 60,000.Opened in 1877, the stadium was used by the London Athletic Club until 1905, when new owner Gus Mears founded Chelsea Football Club to occupy the ground; Chelsea have played their home games there ever since. It has undergone numerous major changes over the years, most recently in the 1990s when it was renovated into a modern, all-seater stadium.Stamford Bridge has been used as a venue for England international matches, FA Cup Finals, FA Cup semi-finals and Charity Shield games. It has also hosted numerous other sports, such as cricket, rugby union, speedway, greyhound racing, baseball and American football. The stadium's highest official attendance is 82,905, for a league match between Chelsea and Arsenal on 12 October 1935.
Stadium, Arena and Sports Venue Near We Want Our Shed Back Chelsea FC
Earl's Court is a district in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea in central London, bordering the sub-districts of South Kensington to the east, West Kensington to the west, Chelsea to the south and Kensington to the north. The Earl's Court Exhibition Centre was one of the country's largest indoor arenas and a popular concert venue until its closure in 2014.HistoryEarly historyEarl's Court was once a rural area, covered with green fields and market gardens. The Saxon Thegn Edwin held the lordship of the area prior to the Norman Conquest. For over 500 years the land, part of the ancient manor of Kensington, was under the lordship of the Vere family, the Earls of Oxford and descendants of Aubrey de Vere I, who held the manor of Geoffrey de Montbray, bishop of Coutances, in Domesday Book in 1086. By circa 1095, his tenure had been converted, and he held Kensington directly of the crown. A church had been constructed there by 1104. The earls held their manorial court where Old Manor Yard is now, just by the London Underground station. Earl's Court Farm is visible on Greenwood's map of London dated 1827.Railway lineThe construction of the Metropolitan District Railway station in 1865–69 was a catalyst for development. In the quarter century after 1867, Earl's Court was transformed into a densely populated suburb with 1,200 houses and two churches. Eardley Crescent and Kempsford Gardens were built between 1867 and 1873, building began in Earl's Court Square and Longridge Road in 1873, in Nevern Place in 1874, in Trebovir Road and Philbeach Gardens in 1876, and Nevern Square in 1880.