EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Saint-Eugène - Sainte-Cécile, Paris | Tourist Information


4, rue du Conservatoire
Paris, France 75009

01 48 24 70 25

Paroisse catholique romaine - Archidiocèse de Paris

Catholic Church Near Saint-Eugène - Sainte-Cécile

ノートルダム大聖堂
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II, Paris, France
Paris,

Notre-Dame de Paris 2013
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
6 place du Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, 75004

+33 (0) 1 423 45610

Le 850e anniversaire de Notre-Dame de Paris s’ouvrira le 12 décembre 2012 et se poursuivra jusqu’au 24 novembre 2013. 850 ans d’Histoire, d’Art, de Spiritualité au cœur de la Cité qui seront célébrés au cours de cette année marquée par de nombreuses festivités, cérémonies et actions de grâces ainsi que par de grandes réalisations culturelles, dont certaines s’inscriront en droite ligne des bâtisseurs de cathédrales.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, 91300

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II is the official name of the square consisting of the parvise of Notre Dame de Paris on the Île de la Cité. It was known simply as the place du Parvis-Notre-Dame until 2006 when it was renamed in honour of Pope John Paul II who died in 2005. The change generated controversy.The parvis was originally much smaller and its current shape dates back to the extensive urban renewal plans of Baron Haussmann during the Second French Empire.The square is also the location of France's Kilometre Zero which is indicated by a stone of the parvis.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, 75004

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Sainte Chappelle
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
8 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, 75001

Basilika Notre-Dame de Fourvière
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
23 Rue Arcole
Paris, 75004

Marche de Noel Saint-Germain des Pres
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
blvd St Germain
Paris,

Église de Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
3 place Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Paris, 75006

01 55 42 81 10

Saint Chapelle
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
8 boulevard du Palais
Paris, 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, 75001

01 53 73 58 51

St-Gervais-et-St-Protais
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
13 Rue des Barres
Paris, 75004

01 48 87 32 02

St-Gervais-et-St-Protais Church of Paris is located in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, on Place Saint-Gervais in the Marais district, east of City Hall (Hôtel de Ville). The current church was built between 1494 and 1657, on the site of two earlier churches; the facade, completed last, was the first example of the French baroque style in Paris. The organists of the church included Louis Couperin and his nephew François Couperin, two of the most celebrated composers and musicians of the Baroque period; the organ they used can still be seen today. The church contains remarkable examples of medieval carved choir stalls, stained glass from the 16th century, 17th century sculpture, and modern stained glass by Sylvie Gaudin and Claude Courageux. Saint-Gervais was a parish church until 1975, when it became the headquarters of the Monastic Fraternities of Jerusalem.HistoryA church dedicated to Saints Gervasius and Protasius, two Christian martyrs from Milan, is recorded as existing on the site in the 7th century, making it one of the first parish churches on the right bank in Paris. It was attended mostly by boatmen and fishermen, because it was close to the river port at the Place de Grève. It was built on a slight hill, the Monceau Saint-Gervais, to be safe from the floods of the Seine. After the completion of the wall of Philippe-Auguste, built between 1190 and 1209, the neighborhood was protected against attack and the population began to grow. The church had come under the sponsorship of several of the important confreries or guilds of Paris, including the wine-merchants. With their financial help, a larger church was built on the site in the early 13th century..

Monmarte Sacre Coeur
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre
Paris, 75018

01 53 41 89 00

Nortre Dame Paris
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Place du Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, 75004

Notre-Dame-des-Blancs-Manteaux
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
12 Rue des Blancs-Manteaux
Paris, 75004

01 42 72 09 37

The church of Notre-Dame-des-Blancs-Manteaux is a Roman Catholic church in Le Marais, 4th arrondissement of Paris. It was built on the site of an earlier 1285 church founded by "Les Blancs-Manteaux" ("white coats"), the mendiant Augustin Order of Servites, who also rebuilt the current church in 1685-1690.

Notre Dame des Blancs Manteaux
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
12 Rue des Blancs-Manteaux
Paris, 75004

01 42 72 09 37

Saint-Merri
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
76, rue de la verrerie
Paris, 75004

L’église Saint-Merri est une église catholique située à proximité du centre Georges-Pompidou au croisement de la rue Saint-Martin et de la rue de la Verrerie dans le arrondissement de Paris. Le nom de Saint-Merri viendrait de l’abbé Saint Médéric, mort en l’an 700, canonisé puis rebaptisé saint Merri par contraction. Les restes de ce saint reposent toujours dans la crypte de l’église.HistoireHistoire de l'égliseLa traditionLa tradition raconte que Médéric (Medericus), abbé de l'Abbaye de Saint-Martin d'Autun, vint vivre en ermite dans une cabane à proximité de l’oratoire Saint-Pierre-des-Bois qui s’élevait à cet endroit. Il meurt le 29 août 700 et y est enterré et l'oratoire est transformé en chapelle sous le nom de chapelle Saint-Pierre-des-Bois ou plus simplement chapelle Saint-Pierre.En 884, l’évêque de Paris Gozlin fait exhumer et mettre en châsse les restes de Saint-Médéric, qui deviendra Saint-Merri, désormais considérés comme des reliques. C’est à cette époque que saint-Médéric est choisi pour devenir le saint patron de la rive droite et la chapelle prenant alors le nom de chapelle Saint-Médéric ou chapelle Saint-Merri.

Hotel Saint-Merry
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
78 Rue de la Verrerie
Paris, 75004

Eglise Saint-Merry
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
rue de la verrerie
Paris, 75004

Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
2 Place du Louvre
Paris, 75001

01 42 60 13 96

The Church of Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois is situated at 2 Place du Louvre, Paris 75001; the nearest Métro station is Louvre-Rivoli. Alexandre Boëly was organist at this church from 1840 to 1851.HistoryFounded in the 7th century, the church was rebuilt many times over several centuries. It now has construction in Roman, Gothic and Renaissance styles. The most striking exterior feature is the porch, with a rose window and a balustrade above which encircles the whole church, a work of Jean Gaussel (1435–39). Among the treasures preserved inside are a 15th-century wooden statue of Saint Germain, a stone carved statue of Saint-Vincent a stone sculpture of Isabelle of France (saint), a Flemish altarpiece carved out of wood, the famous "churchwarden's pew" where important people sat, made in 1683 by François, Le Mercier from drawings by Charles Le Brun.During the Wars of Religion, its bell called "Marie" sounded on the night of 23 August 1572, marking the beginning of the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. Thousands of Huguenots, who visited the city for a royal wedding, were killed by the mob of Paris. A splendid stained glass still remains, in spite of plunderings during the French Revolution. The north tower was added in 1860 and stands opposite the Mairie of the 1st Arrondissement (1859).

Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
2 Place du Louvre
Paris, 75001

L'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois est une église située dans l'actuel arrondissement de Paris. Elle fut également appelée église Saint-Germain-le-Rond. Depuis l'Ancien Régime, elle est connue comme la « paroisse des artistes ».Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois est nommée en l'honneur de l'évêque Germain d'Auxerre.SituationL'église se trouve sur le côté sud-est de la place du Louvre, face à la colonnade du Louvre, à proximité de la mairie de .Elle est desservie par les stations de métro Louvre - Rivoli et Pont Neuf.HistoireHistoire de l'égliseHaut-Moyen ÂgeL'existence de l'église est attestée au car c'est le lieu de sépulture de Saint Landri, évêque de Paris, mort vers 655 ou 656. L'Abbé Lebeuf croit qu'il en faut attribuer la première origine à une chapelle, la chapelle de Saint-Vincent, qui aurait été construite peu de temps après la mort de Saint Germain, évêque d'Auxerre.

Église Saint-Denys du Saint-Sacrement
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
68 rue de Turenne
Paris, 75003

0144543588

Eglise Saint-Eustache
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
2, impasse Saint-Eustache
Paris, 75001

01 42 36 31 05

Rue Saint-Denis
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Denis
Paris, 75002

Rue Saint-Denis is one of the oldest streets in Paris. Its route was first laid out in the 1st century by the Romans, and then extended to the north in the Middle Ages. From the Middle Ages to the present day, the street has become notorious as a place of prostitution. Its name derives from it being the historic route to Saint-Denis.The street extends as far as the 1st arrondissement and Rue de Rivoli to the south and as far as the 2nd arrondissement and the boulevard Saint-Denis to the north. It runs parallel to the boulevard de Sébastopol.HistoryThe ancient Roman route leading to Saint-Denis, Pontoise and Rouen it competed with the "route de Senlis" but gained an advantage over it with the demolition of the Grand Pont and the development of the royal abbey of Saint-Denis, becoming the triumphal way for royal entries into the capital.Flanked by houses from 1134 onwards, the street has borne the alternative names of Sellerie de Paris and Sellerie de la Grande Rue ; grand'rue de Paris ; grande rue or rue des Saints Innocents et grant chaussée de Monsieur / Monseigneur Saint-Denis . During the French Revolution, it was known as the rue de Franciade.

Eglise Saint Roch
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
24 R. Saint-Roch
Paris, 75001

01 42 44 13 20

Saint-Nicholas-des-Champs, Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
254 Rue Saint Martin
Paris, 75003

0142729254

The Church of Saint-Nicholas-des-Champs is a Catholic church in Paris' Third arrondissement. The building in Flamboyant Gothic style dates from the 12th, 15th and 17th centuries. The parish is associated with the charismatic Emmanuel Community.OrgansThe present organ is a 17th-century instrument rebuilt in 1777 by François-Henri Clicquot and further modified in 1930, when a récit expresif was added. Among the organists who worked at the church were Nicolas Gigault (1652 - 1707), Etienne Richard (1651 - 1669), Louis Braille (1834 - 1839) and Michel Chapuis (1954 - 1972).

Place des Victoires
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place des Victoires
Paris, 75002

01 45 08 83 91

The Place des Victoires is a circular place in Paris, located a short distance northeast from the Palais Royal and straddling the border between the 1st and the 2nd arrondissements. The Place des Victoires is at the confluence of six streets: Rue de la Feuillade, Rue Vide Gousset, Rue d'Aboukir, Rue Étienne Marcel, Rue Croix des Petits Champs, and Rue Catinat.HistoryAt the center of the Place des Victoires is an equestrian monument in honor of King Louis XIV, celebrating the Treaties of Nijmegen concluded in 1678-79. A marshal of France, François de la Feuillade, vicomte d'Aubusson, on his own speculative initiative, demolished the old private mansions on the site. Feuillade's project was soon taken over by the Bâtiments du Roi, a department attached to the king's household, and the royal architect, Jules Hardouin Mansart, was entrusted with redesigning a grander complex of buildings, still in the form of a ring of private houses, to accommodate a majestic statue of the triumphant king.Mansart's conceptionMansart's design, of 1685, articulated the square's unified façades according to a formula utilised in some Parisian hôtels particuliers, (palatial private homes). Mansart chose colossal pilasters linking two floors, standing on a high arcaded base with rustication of the pilasters; the façades were capped with sloping slate "mansard roofs", punctuated by dormer windows. However, because the building work was incomplete at the time of the unveiling of the monument, the envisioned façades were painted on canvas. By 1692, the Place des Victoires was pierced by six streets, and the circular plan functioned as a flexible joint to harmonize their various axes.

Paroisse Saint Nicolas des Champs
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
254 rue Saint Martin
Paris, 75003

0142729254

Basilica of Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
6 Rue Notre-Dame Des Victoires
Paris, 75002

Located at 6, rue Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris, Notre-Dame-des-Victoires is one of ten minor basilicas located in the Île-de-France region of France. The closest Metro station is 'Bourse'.HistoryIn 1619 the Discalced Augustinians (colloquially referred to as the "Petits Pères") established their convent, Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, on three hectares of land they had purchased by the bourse (market) of the city, located at the intersection of the Place des Petits-Pères and Rue de la Banque. Notre Dame des Victoires is the former chapel of the Augustinian fathers (Petits-Pères), built in the years 1629-1740.On December 8, 1629 the foundations were blessed by the Archbishop of Paris, Jean-François de Gondi. The next day, King Louis XIII himself laid the cornerstone in the presence of the Court's 'seigneurs' and the city's officials. The construction was funded by King Louis on the condition that it be dedicated to his victory over the Protestants at La Rochelle, which he attributed to the intercession of the Blessed Mother.The first church being too small, reconstruction commenced in 1656 according to the plans of Pierre Le Muet. Libéral Bruant, Robert Boudin, and Gabriel Leduc oversaw this work. The new church, not yet completed, was consecrated in 1666. Work was finalized in 1737 under the supervision of Sylvain Cartaud. He oversaw the expansion of the nave, the construction of the façade as well as the construction of the transept's striking spherical roof.

Church of Notre Dame
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Rue Notre-dame De Bonne Nouvelle
Paris,

Religious Organization Near Saint-Eugène - Sainte-Cécile

Église Bonne Nouvelle
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Espace Saint Martin: 199 bis, Rue Saint-Martin
Paris, France 75003

07 60 40 30 81

L'Église Bonne Nouvelle: Est une famille de foi formée de personnes imparfaites et différentes unies par l'amour du Christ pour célébrer et partager la Bonne Nouvelle de Dieu à Paris aujourd'hui. www.eglisebonnenouvelle.fr

Eglise Saint-Eustache
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
2, impasse Saint-Eustache
Paris, France 75001

01 42 36 31 05

Paroisse Saint Nicolas des Champs
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
254 rue Saint Martin
Paris, France 75003

0142729254

Basilica of Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
6 Rue Notre-Dame Des Victoires
Paris, France 75002

Located at 6, rue Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris, Notre-Dame-des-Victoires is one of ten minor basilicas located in the Île-de-France region of France. The closest Metro station is 'Bourse'.HistoryIn 1619 the Discalced Augustinians (colloquially referred to as the "Petits Pères") established their convent, Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, on three hectares of land they had purchased by the bourse (market) of the city, located at the intersection of the Place des Petits-Pères and Rue de la Banque. Notre Dame des Victoires is the former chapel of the Augustinian fathers (Petits-Pères), built in the years 1629-1740.On December 8, 1629 the foundations were blessed by the Archbishop of Paris, Jean-François de Gondi. The next day, King Louis XIII himself laid the cornerstone in the presence of the Court's 'seigneurs' and the city's officials. The construction was funded by King Louis on the condition that it be dedicated to his victory over the Protestants at La Rochelle, which he attributed to the intercession of the Blessed Mother.The first church being too small, reconstruction commenced in 1656 according to the plans of Pierre Le Muet. Libéral Bruant, Robert Boudin, and Gabriel Leduc oversaw this work. The new church, not yet completed, was consecrated in 1666. Work was finalized in 1737 under the supervision of Sylvain Cartaud. He oversaw the expansion of the nave, the construction of the façade as well as the construction of the transept's striking spherical roof.

La cité - église chrétienne à Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
25 Rue des Jeuneurs
Paris, France 75002

0670733079