EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Fontaine Stravinsky, Paris | Tourist Information


Place Igor Stravinsky
Paris, France 75004


Monument Near Fontaine Stravinsky

Eglise Saint-Médard
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
141 Rue Mouffetard
Paris, 75005

01 44 08 87 00

Arènes de Lutèce
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
49 Rue Monge 75005 Paris
Paris, 75005

The Arènes de Lutèce are among the most important remains from the Gallo-Roman era in Paris (known in antiquity as Lutetia, or Lutèce in French), together with the Thermes de Cluny. Lying in what is now the Quartier Latin, this amphitheater could once seat 15,000 people, and was used to present gladiatorial combats.Constructed in the 1st century AD, this amphitheater is considered the longest of its kind constructed by the Romans. The sunken arena of the amphitheater was surrounded by the wall of a podium 2.5 m (8.2 feet) high, surmounted by a parapet. The presence of a 41.2-m- (135-foot-) long stage allowed scenes to alternate between theatrical productions and combat. A series of nine niches aided in improving the acoustics. Five cubbyholes were situated beneath the lower terraces, of which there appear to have been animal cages that opened directly into the arena. Historians believe that the terraces, which surrounded more than half of the arena's circumference, could accommodate as many as 17,000 spectators.Slaves, the poor, and women were relegated to the higher tiers — while the lower seating areas were reserved for Roman male citizens. For comfort, a linen awning sheltered spectators from the hot sun. Circus acts showcased wild animals. From its vantage point, the amphitheater also afforded a spectacular view of the Bièvre and Seine rivers.When Lutèce was sacked during the barbarian invasions of 280 A.D., some of the structure's stone work was carted off to reinforce the city's defences around the Île de la Cité. Subsequently, the amphitheater became a cemetery, and then it was filled in completely following the construction of wall of Philippe Auguste (ca. 1210).

Hotel des Grands Hommes
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
17 Place du Panthéon
Paris, 75005

01 46 34 19 60

Panthéon
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place du Panthéon
Paris, 75005

01 44 32 18 00

The Panthéon is a building in the Latin Quarter in Paris. It was originally built as a church dedicated to St. Genevieve and to house the reliquary châsse containing her relics but, after many changes, now functions as a secular mausoleum containing the remains of distinguished French citizens. It is an early example of neoclassicism, with a façade modeled on the Pantheon in Rome, surmounted by a dome that owes some of its character to Bramante's Tempietto. Located in the 5th arrondissement on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, the Panthéon looks out over all of Paris. Designer Jacques-Germain Soufflot had the intention of combining the lightness and brightness of the Gothic cathedral with classical principles, but its role as a mausoleum required the great Gothic windows to be blocked.HistoryKing Louis XV vowed in 1744 that if he recovered from his illness he would replace the ruined church of the Abbey of St Genevieve with an edifice worthy of the patron saint of Paris. He did recover, and entrusted Abel-François Poisson, marquis de Marigny with the fulfillment of his vow. In 1755, Marigny commissioned Jacques-Germain Soufflot to design the church, with construction beginning two years later.

Place du Panthéon
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
la place du Panthéon
Paris, 75005

Place du Panthéon, au centre, le panthéon où repose les grands hommes de la Nation. En face, dans l'axe de la rue Soufflot, le jardin du Luxembourg. Autour du Panthéon : - la Mairie du Ve, - l'Hôtel des Grands Hommes, - le lycée henri IV, - l'Eglise Sainte Etienne du Mont, - la Bibliothèque Sainte Geneviève, - la faculté de Droit.

Cripta Panthéon
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place du Panthéon
Paris, 75005

Arc De Triomphe
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, 75008

01 55 37 73 77

Maison de la Mutualité
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Maison de la Mutualité
Paris, 75005

01 83 92 24 00

La Maison de la Mutualité est une salle polyvalente située à Paris au 24, rue Saint-Victor, dans le arrondissement.HistoireConstruction et description du bâtimentConstruite en 1930 par l'architecte Victor Lesage, à côté de l'église Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet, la Maison de la Mutualité est inaugurée, comme théâtre, en 1931 par le président de la République Paul Doumer.Sa façade art déco, sa toiture ainsi qu'une bonne partie des espaces intérieurs, font l'objet d'une inscription au titre des Monuments historiques depuis le.La salle comptait à l'origine places assises, en référence à la Révolution française. L'escalier intérieur menant à cette salle est de marbre blanc et comporte des.Le bâtiment est désormais composé d'une salle polyvalente de, d'un salon de ainsi que de neuf salles de 35 à.Tradition de gaucheUne des premières grandes utilisations de la salle date de 1933, où est organisé le Congrès national de la SFIO. Siège social de la Fédération mutualiste de Paris (FMP), la maison de la Mutualité accueille depuis sa création de nombreux salons, congrès, séminaires et meetings politiques. À ce titre, elle est devenue un haut-lieu historique du militantisme des partis français de gauche. Néanmoins, elle est aussi parfois utilisée par l'extrême-gauche, l'extrême-droite et les écologistes.

Collège des Bernardins
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
20 rue de Poissy
Paris, 75005

01 53 10 74 44

Le collège des Bernardins, ou collège Saint-Bernard, situé rue de Poissy dans le 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, est un ancien collège cistercien de l'historique Université de Paris. Fondé par Étienne de Lexington, abbé de Clairvaux, et construit à partir de 1248 avec les encouragements du pape Innocent IV, il servit jusqu'à la révolution française de résidence pour les moines cisterciens étudiants à l'Université de Paris.Après une rénovation complète achevée en septembre 2008, c'est aujourd’hui un lieu de rencontres, de dialogues, de formation et de culture proposant une programmation riche de conférences et colloques, d’expositions, de concerts, d’activités pour le jeune public ainsi qu’un centre de formation théologique et biblique. Depuis 2009, il abrite l'Académie catholique de France.Il fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Histoire du CollègeLe Collège des Bernardins, commencé à l’époque du règne de Saint Louis, est situé rue de Poissy, une petite rue qui donne dans le boulevard Saint-Germain en direction de l’Île Saint-Louis. Chef-d’œuvre de l’architecture médiévale, c'est par la volonté de Monseigneur Lustiger alors archevêque de Paris qu'il a retrouvé sa place éminente de haut-lieu de la spiritualité, célèbre et reconnu dans toute l’Europe médiévale, d’où l’on venait étudier les textes savants des religieux de renom.

Rue du Bac
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue du Bac
Paris, 75006

Hôtel de Cluny
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
6, place Paul Painlevé
Paris,

L'Hôtel de Cluny, situé dans le V arrondissement de Paris (France), au cœur du Quartier latin, est dès le le lieu de résidence des abbés de l'ordre de Cluny enseignant au Collège de Cluny. À partir du, et jusqu'à la Révolution française, il abrite des nonces apostoliques ainsi que des particuliers. En 1843, l'État en fait un musée devenu aujourd'hui le Musée national du Moyen Âge, ou Musée de Cluny.Histoire de l'hôtelL'hôtel des Abbés de ClunyLes bâtiments accueillaient les abbés de l'ordre de Cluny en Bourgogne dès le. À la fin du, le bâtiment construit par Jean III de Bourbon et a été agrandi par Jacques d'Amboise, abbé de Cluny (1485-1510). Les armes d'Amboise, « trois pals alternés d'or et de gueules », ornent les lucarnes ouvragées de la façade ainsi que les gâbles des fenêtres hautes.L'hôtel accueille régulièrement les abbés de Cluny et certains dignitaires importants.La jeune Marie d'Angleterre y est enfermée pendant 40 jours en janvier 1515 pour s'assurer qu'elle ne porte pas d'héritier à la mort de son mari le roi Louis XII de France, ainsi la couronne passe à son cousin, le futur roi François . Le 3 mars 1515, Marie y épouse secrètement et sans le consentement de son frère le roi Henri VIII, son favori, Charles Brandon, duc de Suffolk.

11 Rue Des Lions St Paul
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
11 rue des lions saint-paul
Paris, 75004

July Column
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Bastille
Paris, 75011

The July Column is a monumental column in Paris commemorating the Revolution of 1830. It stands in the center of the Place de la Bastille and celebrates the Trois Glorieuses — the "three glorious" days of 27–29 July 1830 that saw the fall of King Charles X of France and the commencement of the "July Monarchy" of Louis-Philippe, King of the French. It was built between 1835 and 1840.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, 75006

The Fontaine Saint-Michel is a monumental fountain located in Place Saint-Michel in the 5th arrondissement in Paris. It was constructed in 1858–1860 during the French Second Empire by the architect Gabriel Davioud.HistoryThe fontaine Saint-Michel was part of the great project for the reconstruction of Paris overseen by Baron Haussmann during the French Second Empire. In 1855 Haussmann completed an enormous new boulevard, originally called boulevard de Sébastopol-rive-gauche, now called Boulevard Saint-Michel, which opened up the small place Pont-Saint-Michel into a much larger space. Haussmann asked the architect of the service of promenades and plantations of the prefecture, Gabriel Davioud, to design a fountain which would be appropriate in scale to the new square. As the architect of the prefecture, he was able to design not only the fountain but also the facades of the new buildings around it, giving coherence to the square, but he also had to deal with the demands of the prefet and city administration, which was paying for the project.Davioud's original project was for a fountain dedicated to peace, located in the center of the square. The prefect authorities rejected this idea and asked him instead to build a fountain to hide the end wall of the building at the corner of boulevard Saint-Michel and Saint-André des Arts. This forced Davioud to adapt his plan to the proportions of that building.

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, 75004

+33 1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

Place de la Bastille
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Bastille
Paris, 75011

0670000487

Le Bastille
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
8 Place de la Bastille, Paris
Paris, 75012

Paris Eiffel Tower, France
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
3364
Paris, 75006

+33 8 92 70 12 39

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Hôtel de Sully
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
48 Rue Saint Antoine
Paris, 75004

01 42 78 49 32

The Hôtel de Sully is a hôtel particulier, or private mansion, in the Louis XIII style, located in Le Marais, IV arrondissement, Paris. It is located at 62 rue Saint-Antoine.HistoryThe financier Mesme Gallet built the hôtel, with gardens and an orangery, between 1625 and 1630. The building was designed by the architect Jean Androuet du Cerceau. The site was chosen to give access to the Place Royale - today the Place des Vosges - and was located in the Marais, at the time a fashionable district of Paris.Maximilien de Béthune, Duke of Sully, and former Superintendent of Finances to King Henri IV, purchased the hôtel on 23 February 1634. He completed the re-decoration of the hôtel, and spent his last years living there. His grandson Maximilien commissioned the architect François Le Vau (younger brother of the more famous French architect Louis Le Vau) to build an additional wing in 1660, to the west of the garden. The Hôtel de Sully still bears the name of this family, who owned the building into the 18th century.The hôtel then passed through the hands of various owners, becoming an investment property in the 19th century. Various additions and alterations were made, to accommodate trades, craftsmen and other tenants. In 1862 it was classified as a monument historique, and new owners, more concerned with conservation, gradually restored the building. It became a state-owned property in 1944. A long restoration programme was then undertaken, which was completed with the repair of the orangery in 1973.

Saint Chapelle
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
8 boulevard du Palais
Paris, 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Beaches Of Normandy/American Cemetary
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Omaha Beach, Normandie, France
Vierville-sur-Mer, 14710

02 31 51 62 00

Mairie du 4e arrondissement de Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
2, place Baudoyer
Paris, 75004

01 44 54 75 04

La mairie du arrondissement de Paris est le bâtiment qui héberge les services municipaux du arrondissement de Paris, en France.LocalisationLa mairie du arrondissement est située place Baudoyer.HistoireLe bâtiment a été conçu par l'architecte Antoine-Nicolas Bailly et achevé en 1868.AnnexesArticles connexes arrondissement de Paris Hôtel de ville de Paris Mairie de ParisLiens externes Mairie du 4e arrondissement (paris.fr)Notes et références

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

PARIS TOWER
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
AMP.56
Paris, 75007

0876334451

Saint-Jacques Tower
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
39 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, 75004

Saint-Jacques Tower is a monument located in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, France, on Rue de Rivoli at Rue Nicolas Flamel. This 52m Flamboyant Gothic tower is all that remains of the former 16th-century Church of Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie, which was demolished in 1797, during the French Revolution, leaving only the tower. What remains of the destroyed church of St. Jacques La Boucherie is now considered a national historic landmark. The closest métro station is Châtelet.HistoryThe Way of St. JamesThe tower's rich decoration reflects the wealth of its patrons, the wholesale butchers of the nearby Les Halles market. The masons in charge were Jean de Felin, Julien Ménart and Jean de Revier. It was built in 1509 to 1523, during the reign of King Francis I. With a dedication to Saint James the Greater, the ancient church and its landmark tower welcomed pilgrims setting out on the road that led to Tours and headed for the way of St James, which led to the major pilgrimage destination of Santiago de Compostela. A relic of the saint preserved in the church linked it the more strongly and in modern times occasioned its listing in 1998 as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO among the sites and structures marking the chemins de Compostelle, the pilgrimage routes in France that led like tributaries of a great stream headed towards Santiago in the northwest of Spain.

Arco do Triunfo, Paris, França
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Etoile
Paris, 75008

Local Business Near Fontaine Stravinsky

Crocodisc
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
42 Rue des Ecoles
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 33 22

HPB Manoir du Hilguy
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Plogastel-St-Germain
Paris, France 29710

0800 230 0391

In all there are 60 one, two and three bedroom cottages, apartments and studios. Though all the properties differ in size and layout they all have fully fitted kitchens and televisions (with some English-speaking channels) and DVD players.

Le Relais Fac
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
13 Boulevard Saint-germain
Paris, France 75005

El Palenque
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
5 rue de la Montane Sainte Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

0143540899

Commissariat de Police / Point d'accueil
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
4, rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

01 44 41 51 00

Nos services sont accessibles à tous. En cas de difficulté particulière, nous procurons une assistance individualisée. Notre site Internet : www.prefecturedepolice.interieur.gouv.fr et notre serveur vocal interactif (08 91 01 22 22) vous donnent toutes les indications nécessaires sur vos démarches.

Le Coupe Chou
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Jean De Beauvais
Paris, France 75005

Chez Gladine
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
13 rue des Halles
Paris, France 75005

Claude Nature
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
32 Boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75005

01 44 07 30 79

Muzeul Luvru
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Du Maréchal Leclerc
Paris, France

Muzeul Luvru este cel mai mare muzeu de istorie și artă din Franța și unul dintre cele mai importante muzee din lume. Este situat în centrul capitalei franceze, Paris, între cheiul drept al Senei și strada Rivoli, în primul arondisment, într-o clădire istorică, fost palat regal, Palatul Luvru. Exponatele de artă franțuzești acoperă o largă parte din istoria Franței, de la Dinastia Capețienilor până în prezent. Muzeu cu caracter universal, Luvrul posedă opere de artă din epoci diferite ale civilizației, din Antichitate până la 1848, și acoperă o arie geo-culturală întinsă, de la Europa occidentală, Grecia, Egipt până la Orientul Apropiat, o serie de capodopere fiind expuse în Pavilionul Sesiunilor al muzeului Luvru. Operele prezente la Luvru au o mare varietate, de la picturi, sculpturi, desene până la ceramică, obiecte arheologice sau alte obiecte de artă.

El Sur
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
35, Boulevard Saint Germain
Paris, France 75005

+33 (0)1 43 25 58 28

Aux Merveilleux De Fred, Paris 5
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
2 rue monge
Paris, France 75005

Restaurant La Rose De Damas
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
6 bd saint-germain paris 75005
Paris, France 75005

0980441200

Arrivé de Syrie en 1980, Tayssir Joha a débuté comme apprenti cuisinier avant d'ouvrir ses propres restaurants. En 2008, il s'est lancé dans la cuisine syrienne avec la création de la "Rose de Damas" à Paris.

Chez Gladines Saint Germain
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
44 boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75005

01 46 33 93 88

L'Atlas
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
12 Boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75005

0146338698

La Délégation de la Polynésie française
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
28 boulevard Saint Germain
Paris, France 75005

01 55 42 66 00

Eglise Orthodoxe Roumaine
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
9bis rue Jean de Beauvais
Paris, France 75005

0143546747

Diptyque, 34 Boulevard St Germain, Paris
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

Commissariat Du 5eme Ardt
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
4, rue de la Montagne St Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

Tuula Pesälä
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
28, rue Saint Germain
Paris, France 91190

01.18.50.49.70

Fromagerie Laurent Dubois
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
47 ter boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75005