The Puerta de Toledo is a gate located in Madrid, Spain. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1996. Construction began in 1812, and was not completed till 1827.It was one of the nineteen city gates that had the Walls of Philip IV.
En los siglos de vida de este lugar, muchas han sido la historias que han pasado por él. Puertas ocultas, rincón escondido a las tropas de Napoleón, pasadizos secretos y cobijo de los bombardeos en la guerra civil. Hoy en día rodaje de películas, presentaciones de productos de lujo y las exposiciones más exclusivas.
En secreto para la mayoría durante mucho tiempo, el extraordinario trabajo de rehabilitación con materiales originales, ha conseguido que hoy La Bodega
de los Secretos sea el lugar elegido para sorprender. Decorado con una fusión de estilos y épocas, nuestro restaurante se despliega por los distintos laberintos donde originalmente reposaba el vino y que hoy se ha convertido en un espacio muy, muy especial.
'' is a Spanish institution based in Madrid that studies history "ancient and modern, political, civil, ecclesiastical, military, scientific, of letters and arts, that is to say, the different branches of life, of civilisation, and of the culture of the Spanish people".The Academy was established in 1738. Since 1836 it has occupied an 18th-century building designed by the neoclassical architect Juan de Villanueva.CollectionsAs formerly the main Spanish institution for antiquaries, the Academy retains significant libraries and collections of antiquities, which cannot be seen by the public. The keeper of antiquities is the prehistorian Martín Almagro Gorbea.Items held include: The Glosas Emilianenses The Roda Codex The Missorium of Theodosius I, a large ceremonial silver dish, probably made in Constantinople for the tenth anniversary (decennalia) in 388 of the reign of the Emperor Theodosius I, the last Emperor to rule both the Eastern and Western Empires. It is one of the best surviving examples of Late Antique Imperial imagery and one of finest examples of late Roman goldsmith work.CriticismSome Spanish historians consider it an obsolete misogynist institution, that still considers history as a matter of kings and battles.
The Palacio de Cristal is a glass and metal structure located in Madrid's Buen Retiro Park. It was built in 1887 to exhibit flora and fauna from the Philippines, then a Spanish colonial possession. The architect was Ricardo Velázquez Bosco.The Palacio de Cristal, in the shape of a Greek cross, is made almost entirely of glass set in an iron framework on a brick base, which is decorated with ceramics. Its cupola makes the structure over 22 metres high. When it was erected, glass and iron construction on a large scale was already to be seen in Madrid at Delicias station, the work of a French architect. However the curved architecture of the Palacio de Cristal is more comparable to the techniques pioneered by the British architects Joseph Paxton and Decimus Burton .The cast-iron frame was manufactured in Bilbao. The structure was designed in a way that would allow it to be re-erected on another site . However, the building has remained on the original site, next to a lake, and has been restored to its original appearance. It is no longer used as a greenhouse, and is currently used for art exhibits.
Convent of the Barefoot TrinitariansDistance: 0.5 miTourist Information 18 Calle de Lope de Vega Madrid, 28014
The Convent of the Barefoot Trinitarians is a convent located in Madrid, Spain. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1943.Writer Miguel de Cervantes was buried at the convent in 1616. His remains were temporarily transferred elsewhere in 1673 during rebuilding, and were then lost until forensic scientists discovered them in 2015.
The Paseo del Prado is one of the main boulevards in Madrid, Spain. The Paseo del Prado is the oldest historical urban in Madrid and was declared Bien de Interés Cultural (BIC). It runs north-south between the Plaza de Cibeles and the Plaza del Emperador Carlos V (also known as Plaza de Atocha), with the Plaza de Cánovas del Castillo (the location of the Fuente de Neptuno, and of the Ritz and Palace five-star hotels) lying approximately in the middle. The Paseo del Prado forms the southern end of the city's central axis (which continues to the north of Cibeles as the Paseo de Recoletos, and further north as the Paseo de la Castellana).This densely tree-lined, wide and centric avenue is a landmark for the city residents and the location of important cultural and tourist spots in the city, including the so-called Golden Triangle of Art, which encompasses three museums: the Prado Museum (with highlights such as Diego Velázquez's Las Meninas and Francisco de Goya's La maja vestida and La maja desnuda), the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum (housing a collection that spans eight centuries of European painting), and the Reina Sofia Museum (where Pablo Picasso's Guernica hangs, among a collection of 20th-century art). In the vicinity are located the Parque del Buen Retiro and the Casón del Buen Retiro (hosting the 19th-century collection of the Prado Museum), as well as the headquarters of the Real Academia Española (the Spanish language academy), the Bolsa de Madrid (the city's stock exchange), and the Congreso de los Diputados (the national congress).
Santa Cruz Palace, MadridDistance: 0.6 miTourist Information Plaza de la Provincia, 1 Madrid, 28012
The Palacio de Santa Cruz or Palace of the Holy Cross is a baroque building in central Madrid, Spain. It now houses the foreign ministry or Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores de España. It was used as a jail until the reign of Philip IV of Spain, when it was converted into a palace.Construction was commissioned in 1629 by Philip IV to house both courts and jail facilities. The architect Juan Gómez de Mora worked on it from 1629-1636, and later other architects like José de Villareal, Bartolomé Hurtado García, and José del Olmo added elements.In 1767 it changed from jail to the Palacio de Santa Cruz, due to its proximity to the church of Santa Cruz. A fire destroyed all but the facade in 1791.Sources History of the Palacio de Santa Cruz by Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores Palacio de Santa Cruz. Entrada de Madrid Histórico
Iglesia del SacramentoDistance: 0.9 miTourist Information Calle del Sacramento, 11 Madrid, 28005
The Iglesia del Sacramento is a 17th-century, Baroque-style, Roman Catholic church located in Madrid, Spain. Since 1980 is the Military Cathedral of Spain and the seat of the Military Archbishop of Spain. It was declared Bien de Interés Cultural in 1982.
The Casón del Buen Retiro is an annex of the Museo del Prado complex in Madrid. Following major restoration work, which was completed in October 2007, it now houses the Museum's study centre (the Escuela del Prado) and library.Picasso's Guernica canvas, and the sketches associated with its creation, were on display at the Casón from 1981, when it was delivered to Spain from New York's Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), to 1992, when it was moved to its current permanent location in a purpose-built gallery at the Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía.HistoryLocated in front of the Puerta de Felipe IV entrance to the west side of the Retiro Park, the Casón was originally built as the ballroom, the Salón de Baile, of the Buen Retiro Palace, of which now only two buildings, the Casón and the Salón de Reinos which, until it was moved to the Alcázar de Toledo in 2010, housed the Museo del Ejército (Army Museum), still remain.The artistic importance of Luca Giordano's The Allegory of the Golden Fleece, on the ceiling of the Casón, commissioned by King Charles II of Spain (ca.1697), and considered one of the masterpieces of the Prado, is one of the possible reasons given for the building having survived when most of the other buildings in the Bueno Retiro palace complex were knocked down.
La plaza Mayor está situada en el centro de Madrid, a pocos metros de la plaza de la Puerta del Sol, y junto a la calle Mayor.HistoriaLos orígenes de la plaza se remontan al siglo XVI, cuando en la confluencia de los caminos (hoy en día calles) de Toledo y Atocha, a las afueras de la villa medieval, se celebraba en este sitio, conocido como «plaza del Arrabal», el mercado principal de la villa, construyéndose en esta época una primera casa porticada, o lonja, para regular el comercio en la plaza.En 1580, tras haber trasladado la corte a Madrid en 1561, Felipe II encargó el proyecto de remodelación de la plaza a Juan de Herrera, comenzándose el derribo de las «casas de manzanas» de la antigua plaza ese mismo año. La construcción del primer edificio de la nueva plaza, la Casa de la Panadería, comenzaría en 1590 a cargo de Diego Sillero, en el solar de la antigua lonja. En 1617, Felipe III, encargó la finalización de las obras a Juan Gómez de Mora, quién concluirá la plaza en 1619.
The Plaza Mayor was built during Philip III's reign and is a central plaza in the city of Madrid, Spain. It is located only a few Spanish blocks away from another famous plaza, the Puerta del Sol. The Plaza Mayor is rectangular in shape, measuring 129x, and is surrounded by three-story residential buildings having 237 balconies facing the Plaza. It has a total of nine entrance ways. The Casa de la Panadería, serving municipal and cultural functions, dominates the Plaza Mayor.HistoryThe origins of the Plaza go back to 1577 when Philip II asked Juan de Herrera, a renowned Classical architect, to discuss a plan to remodel the busy and chaotic area of the old Plaza del Arrabal. Juan de Herrera was the artist who designed the first project in 1560 to remodel the old Plaza del Arrabal but construction did not start until 1617, during Philip III's reign. The king asked Juan Gómez de Mora to continue with the project, and he finished the porticoes in 1619. Nevertheless, the Plaza Mayor as we know it today is the work of the architect Juan de Villanueva who was given the glorious, albeit difficult task of its reconstruction in 1790 after a series of enormous fires. Giambologna's equestrian statue of Philip III dates to 1616, but it was not placed in the centre of the square until 1848.
Mimis ApartmentsDistance: 0.6 miTourist Information Marques Viudo de Pontejos, 15 Madrid, 28012
Disfruta de una estancia de lujo en pleno corazón de la ciudad de Madrid.
Con el famosísimo edificio de La Posada del Peine como vecino, los apartamentos se encuentran situados entre las calles Marques Viudo de Pontejos y calle Postas, una de las calles imprescindibles de paso a la hora de conocer la famosíma Plaza Mayor y todo el Madrid de los Austrias.
Recién reformados, Mimis Apartments constan de todo lo necesario para disfrutar de una agradable estancia en Madrid.
Se encuentran en un edificio singular, de tan solo un apartamento por planta! 4 plantas en total con toda privacidad.
Disponen de unas comodísimas camas dobles, sofas convertible en cama doble o individual, tv, internet fibra óptica, cocina totalmente equipada, lavadora/secadora, baño completo con ducha o bañera de hidromasaje y lo mejor de todo, la luminosidad que ofrecen 3 balcones que tienen todas las plantas y el ambiente de con el que te envuelve el edificio.
Rodeada por comercios, restaurantes, ocio y supermercados.
Disfruta de poder ir andando a todos lados!
1 minuto a Plaza Mayor.
3 minutos del famoso Mercado san Miguel.
3 minutos Puerta del Sol.
10 minutos Opera, Palacio Real.
6 minutos Latina, Cava Baja.
15 minutos Museo del Prado, Reina Sofia.
8 minutos a Gran Via.
Perfecta comunicación de autobuses y metro desde la Puerta del Sol.
Pregunta por nuestro servicio de traslado de o/a Aeropuerto.
The Teatro de la Zarzuela is a theatre in Madrid, Spain. The theatre is today mainly devoted to zarzuela (the Spanish traditional musical theatre genre), as well as operetta and recitals.HistoryThe theatre was designed by architect Jerónimo de la Gándara and built by José María Sánchez Guallart on the initiative of the Spanish Lyrical Company to provide a space for performances of operettas in the Spanish capital. It was modelled on the La Scala theatre in Milan with its three-level horseshoe form and opened to the public on 10 October 1856, the birthday of Queen Isabella II. The name refers to zarzuela, a theatre form that alternates spoken and sung scenes. Its promoters were established masters of the genre such as Francisco Asenjo Barbieri, Rafael Calleja Gómez, Joaquín Gaztambide, Rafael Hernando, José Inzenga, baritono Francisco de Salas, librettist Luis de Olona and composer Cristóbal Oudrid, under Francisco de las Rivas, an important banker.In the second half of the nineteenth century, Teatro de la Zarzuela became Madrid's leading opera house, staging many of the great masterworks. On November 9, 1909 the building was virtually destroyed by fire. The rebuild by Cesareo Iradier reduced the amount of wood and metal, and in 1914 Maestro Luna raised the curtain with his orchestra to reopen the theatre. With the Teatro Real opera house closed from 1925 to 1997, Teatro de la Zarzuela remained Madrid's leading venue throughout the period and hosted most major opera events. The theatre's resident ensemble is the Community of Madrid Orchestra.
The Convent of Las Descalzas Reales is a royal monastery situated in Madrid, Spain, administered by the Patrimonio Nacional.HistoryThe Monasterio de las Descalzas Reales, literally the "Monastery of the Royal Barefoot ed", resides in the former palace of King Charles I of Spain and Isabel of Portugal. Their daughter, Joanna of Austria, founded this convent of nuns of the Poor Clare order in 1559. Throughout the remainder of the 16th century and into the 17th century, the convent attracted young widowed or spinster noblewomen. Each woman brought with her a dowry. The riches quickly piled up, and the convent became one of the richest convents in all of Europe. Tomás Luis de Victoria, Spain's finest Renaissance composer, worked at the convent from 1587 to the end of his life in 1611.The demographics of the convent slowly changed over time, and by the 20th century, all of the sisters were in poverty. The convent maintained the riches of its past, but it was forbidden to auction any of the items off or spend any of the money it received from the dowries. The state intervened when it saw that the sisters were poor, and the pope granted a special dispensation to open the convent as a museum in 1960.Alfonso, Duke of Anjou and Cádiz (died 1989) is buried in the Chapel of Saint John the Baptist next to his elder son Francisco de Asís (died 1984). Alfonso's younger brother Gonzalo (died 2000) is buried in the Chapel of Saint Sebastian.
tomar un café. degustar una infusión.encontrar un libro.que un libro te encuentre a ti. desayunar. almorzar. cañitas de mañana. cañitas de tarde.tapas frias. propuestas en escena. escena de propuestas. cooperación. de charla. ..en otro idioma. A DISFRUTAR!!
to have a coffee.to enjoy an herb tea. to find a book. a book finding you! having breakfast. having lunch. cañas & tapas any time. proposal to stage. the scene of proposal. project to colaborate in. talk about. chat in different languages. ENJOYING!!