EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Collège des Bernardins, Paris | Tourist Information


20 rue de Poissy
Paris, France 75005

01 53 10 74 44

Le collège des Bernardins, ou collège Saint-Bernard, situé rue de Poissy dans le 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, est un ancien collège cistercien de l'historique Université de Paris. Fondé par Étienne de Lexington, abbé de Clairvaux, et construit à partir de 1248 avec les encouragements du pape Innocent IV, il servit jusqu'à la révolution française de résidence pour les moines cisterciens étudiants à l'Université de Paris.Après une rénovation complète achevée en septembre 2008, c'est aujourd’hui un lieu de rencontres, de dialogues, de formation et de culture proposant une programmation riche de conférences et colloques, d’expositions, de concerts, d’activités pour le jeune public ainsi qu’un centre de formation théologique et biblique. Depuis 2009, il abrite l'Académie catholique de France.Il fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Histoire du CollègeLe Collège des Bernardins, commencé à l’époque du règne de Saint Louis, est situé rue de Poissy, une petite rue qui donne dans le boulevard Saint-Germain en direction de l’Île Saint-Louis. Chef-d’œuvre de l’architecture médiévale, c'est par la volonté de Monseigneur Lustiger alors archevêque de Paris qu'il a retrouvé sa place éminente de haut-lieu de la spiritualité, célèbre et reconnu dans toute l’Europe médiévale, d’où l’on venait étudier les textes savants des religieux de renom.

Historical Place Near Collège des Bernardins

Rue De La Glaciere Paris 13
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue De La Glacière
Paris, 75013

Catacombs of Paris
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue Du Faubourg Saint-antoine
Paris, 75014

The Catacombs of Paris are underground ossuaries in Paris, France which hold the remains of over six million people in a small part of the ancient Mines of Paris tunnel network. Located south of the former city gate "Barrière d’Enfer" (Gate of Hell) beneath Rue de la Tombe-Issoire, the ossuary was founded when city officials were faced with two simultaneous problems: a series of cave-ins starting in 1774 and overflowing cemeteries, particularly Saint Innocents. Nightly processions of bones from 1786 to 1788 transferred remains from cemeteries to the reinforced tunnels, and more remains were added in later years. The underground cemetery became a tourist attraction on a small scale from the early 19th century, and has been open to the public on a regular basis since 1874 with surface access from a building at Place Denfert-Rochereau.The Catacombs are among the 14 City of Paris Museums managed by Paris Musées since January 1, 2013. The catacombs are formally known as l'Ossuaire Municipal or Catacombes officiels and have been called "The World's Largest Grave" due the number of individuals buried. Although the ossuary covers only a small section of the underground "les carrières de Paris" ("the quarries of Paris"), Parisians today often refer to the entire tunnel network as "the catacombs".HistoryBackgroundParis' CemeteriesParis' earliest burial grounds were to the southern outskirts of the Roman-era Left Bank city. In ruins after the Roman empire's 5th-century fall and the ensuing Frankish invasions, Parisians eventually abandoned this settlement for the marshy Right Bank: from the 4th century, the first known settlement there was on higher ground around a Saint-Etienne church and burial ground (behind today's Hôtel de Ville), and Right Bank urban expansion began in earnest after other ecclesiastical landowners filled in the marshlands from the late 10th century. Thus, instead of burying its dead away from inhabited areas as per usual human customs, the Paris Right Bank settlement began its life with cemeteries at its very centre.

Manufacture des Gobelins
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
42 avenue des Gobelins
Paris, 75013

01 44 08 53 49

Paris Grand Palais
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
3 Avenue du Général Eisenhower
Paris, 75008

Musée-Ssa Val de Grâce
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
1, place Alphonse Laveran
Paris, 75005

0140515192

Rue Mouffetard
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue Mouffetard
Paris, 75005

Eyfel Kulesi Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Arènes de Lutèce
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
49 Rue Monge 75005 Paris
Paris, 75005

The Arènes de Lutèce are among the most important remains from the Gallo-Roman era in Paris (known in antiquity as Lutetia, or Lutèce in French), together with the Thermes de Cluny. Lying in what is now the Quartier Latin, this amphitheater could once seat 15,000 people, and was used to present gladiatorial combats.Constructed in the 1st century AD, this amphitheater is considered the longest of its kind constructed by the Romans. The sunken arena of the amphitheater was surrounded by the wall of a podium 2.5 m (8.2 feet) high, surmounted by a parapet. The presence of a 41.2-m- (135-foot-) long stage allowed scenes to alternate between theatrical productions and combat. A series of nine niches aided in improving the acoustics. Five cubbyholes were situated beneath the lower terraces, of which there appear to have been animal cages that opened directly into the arena. Historians believe that the terraces, which surrounded more than half of the arena's circumference, could accommodate as many as 17,000 spectators.Slaves, the poor, and women were relegated to the higher tiers — while the lower seating areas were reserved for Roman male citizens. For comfort, a linen awning sheltered spectators from the hot sun. Circus acts showcased wild animals. From its vantage point, the amphitheater also afforded a spectacular view of the Bièvre and Seine rivers.When Lutèce was sacked during the barbarian invasions of 280 A.D., some of the structure's stone work was carted off to reinforce the city's defences around the Île de la Cité. Subsequently, the amphitheater became a cemetery, and then it was filled in completely following the construction of wall of Philippe Auguste (ca. 1210).

Opéra
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Opéra
Paris,

Rue Saint-Jacques, Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, 75005

0601020304

The Rue Saint-Jacques is a street in the Latin Quarter of Paris which lies along the cardo of Roman Lutetia. The Boulevard Saint-Michel, driven through this old quarter of Paris by Baron Haussmann, relegated the roughly parallel rue Saint-Jacques to a backstreet, but it was a main axial road of medieval Paris, as the buildings that still front it attest. It was the starting point for pilgrims leaving Paris to make their way along the chemin de St-Jacques that led eventually to Santiago de Compostela. The Paris base of the Dominican Order was established in 1218 under the leadership of Pierre Seila in the Chapelle Saint-Jacques, close to the Porte Saint-Jacques, on this street; this is why the Dominicans were called Jacobins in Paris. Johann Heynlin and Guillaume Fichet established the first printing press in France, briefly at the Sorbonne and then on this street, in the 1470s. The second printers in Paris were Peter Kayser and Johann Stohl at the sign of the Soleil d'Or in the Rue Saint-Jacques, from 1473. The proximity of the Sorbonne led many later booksellers and printers to set up shop here also.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, 75006

The Luxembourg Palace is located at 15 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It was originally built (1615–1645) to the designs of the French architect Salomon de Brosse to be the royal residence of the regent Marie de Médicis, mother of Louis XIII of France. After the Revolution it was refashioned (1799–1805) by Jean Chalgrin into a legislative building and subsequently greatly enlarged and remodeled (1835–1856) by Alphonse de Gisors. Since 1958 it has been the seat of the French Senate of the Fifth Republic.Immediately west of the palace on the rue de Vaugirard is the Petit Luxembourg, now the residence of the Senate President; and slightly further west, the Musée du Luxembourg, in the former orangery. On the south side of the palace, the formal Luxembourg Garden presents a 25-hectare green parterre of gravel and lawn populated with statues and large basins of water where children sail model boats.Early historyAfter the death of Henry IV in 1610, his widow, Marie de Médicis, became regent to her son, Louis XIII. Having acceded to a much more powerful position, she decided to erect a new palace for herself, adjacent to an old hôtel particulier owned by François de Luxembourg, Duc de Piney, which is now called the Petit Luxembourg and is the residence of the president of the French Senate.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, 75006

+33 (0)1 43 54 54 54

Le palais du Luxembourg, situé dans le de Paris dans le nord du jardin du Luxembourg, est le siège du Sénat français, qui fut installé en 1799 dans le palais construit au début du, à la suite de la régence de la reine Marie de Medicis. Il appartient au domaine de cette assemblée qui comprend également, à proximité du palais, l'hôtel du Petit Luxembourg, résidence du président du Sénat, le musée du Luxembourg, et l'ensemble du jardin.HistoireLe palais du Luxembourg doit son nom à l'hôtel bâti au milieu du et qui appartenait à François de Piney, duc de Luxembourg.La régente Marie de Médicis, veuve de Henri IV, achète l'hôtel et le domaine dits « de Luxembourg » en 1612 et commande en 1615 la construction d'un palais à l'architecte Salomon de Brosse. Après avoir fait raser maisons et une partie du Petit Luxembourg, elle pose elle-même la première pierre le 2 avril 1615. Le marché de construction est retiré à Salomon de Brosse en 1624 et rétrocédé au maître maçon Marin de la Vallée le 26 juin 1624. Elle s'y installe en 1625 au premier étage de l'aile ouest, avant la fin des travaux. La partie ouest du palais Médicis était réservée à la reine mère et celle de gauche à son fils, le roi Louis XIII.

Arc De Triomphe
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, 75008

01 55 37 73 77

FR.trovite
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
[email protected]
Paris, 75006

Cordeliers Convent
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'Ecole-de-Médecine
Paris, 75006

01 40 51 10 00

The Cordeliers Convent was a convent in Paris, France.It gave its name to the Club of the Cordeliers, which held its first meetings there during the French Revolution.Cordeliers was the name given in France to the Franciscan Observantists.The building now houses the Dupuytren Museum of anatomy in connection with the school of medicine.Burials at the conventMarie of Brabant, Queen of FranceArthur II, Duke of BrittanyBlanche of France, Infanta of Castile

Réfectoire des Cordeliers
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'école de médecine
Paris, 75006

Place Saint-Sulpice
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Sulpice
Paris, 75006

La place Saint-Sulpice est une place du arrondissement de Paris.HistoireLors de la construction de la façade actuelle de l'église Saint-Sulpice au, l'architecte Giovanni Niccolo Servandoni prévoit la création d'une place monumentale en demi-cercle, de de large sur de long. Ce projet n'est pas réalisé mais un espace prolongeant le parvis est débuté en 1757. En 1767, un emprunt est souscrit par la ville après autorisation du roi pour entreprendre les expropriations et les travaux d'aménagement.Au, plusieurs plans sont proposés pour achever la place. Un plan adopté par le ministre de l'Intérieur le 26 thermidor An VIII (14 août 1800), confirmé par un arrêté des consuls du 16 vendémiaire an IX (8 octobre 1800) prévoit une place semi-circulaire qui doit être réalisé dans un délai de six ans. Un arrêté du 25 juin 1806 annule ce plan et prévoit cette fois une place rectangulaire dont le plan est approuvé par le ministre de l'intérieur le 19 octobre 1806. Un nouveau plan, prévoyant une place rectangulaire aux dimensions plus importantes, est adopté le 19 juillet 1808. Une décision ministérielle du 20 décembre 1810 prévoit que la place Saint-Sulpice soit portée jusqu'à la rue du Pot-de-Fer (actuelle rue Bonaparte). Un décret du 24 février 1811 ordonne l'achèvement de cette place dans le courant de la même année. Les dispositions arrêtées en 1810 ont été confirmées par une décision ministérielle du 9 mai 1812. La place est en partie aménagée à l'emplacement de l'ancien séminaire Saint-Sulpice, construit au.En 1838, la place est nivelée et plantée d'arbres. De 1843 à 1848, la fontaine Saint-Sulpice est érigée au centre de la place par l'architecte Louis Visconti.

Le Tastevin
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
46 Rue Saint-Louis en l'Île
Paris, 75004

0143541731

À FLEUR DE SEINE - En plein cœur de l'île Saint-Louis, à quelques encablures de Notre-Dame, retrouvez l'ambiance d'antan dans un cadre historique préservé (poutres anciennes, objets en cuivre, etc). Le Tastevin assume son classicisme et tout le monde s'en réjouit. BISTROT DE CHARME - Le Tastevin propose avant tout une cuisine traditionnelle, parfois régionale et toujours de saison. On ne cuisine que du frais au 46 rue Saint-Louis en Île ! Parmi les classiques, la pièce de bœuf flambée au thym (viande de Salers) avec sa moelle et ses petites pommes de terre sautées. BELLE CARTE DES VINS - La direction fait très attention à la qualité de sa cave. Vous pourrez trouver quelques jolies bouteilles issues de propriétaires minutieusement sélectionnés

Aux Anysetiers Du Roy - Au Petit Bacchus
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
61 Rue Saint Louis En Ile
Paris, 75004

0156248458

Notre restaurant vous accueille dans un cadre historique datant du XVIIe siècle. Agrémenté d'un décor d'époque, vous y dégusterez une cuisine française traditionnelle, préparée par notre chef, et bénéficierez d'un accueil personnalisé, en plein coeur de de Paris et de l'Ile Saint-Louis, joyau esthétique de notre capitale.

Île Saint-Louis
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Ile St. louis
Paris, Paris

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, 75006

The Fontaine Saint-Michel is a monumental fountain located in Place Saint-Michel in the 5th arrondissement in Paris. It was constructed in 1858–1860 during the French Second Empire by the architect Gabriel Davioud.HistoryThe fontaine Saint-Michel was part of the great project for the reconstruction of Paris overseen by Baron Haussmann during the French Second Empire. In 1855 Haussmann completed an enormous new boulevard, originally called boulevard de Sébastopol-rive-gauche, now called Boulevard Saint-Michel, which opened up the small place Pont-Saint-Michel into a much larger space. Haussmann asked the architect of the service of promenades and plantations of the prefecture, Gabriel Davioud, to design a fountain which would be appropriate in scale to the new square. As the architect of the prefecture, he was able to design not only the fountain but also the facades of the new buildings around it, giving coherence to the square, but he also had to deal with the demands of the prefet and city administration, which was paying for the project.Davioud's original project was for a fountain dedicated to peace, located in the center of the square. The prefect authorities rejected this idea and asked him instead to build a fountain to hide the end wall of the building at the corner of boulevard Saint-Michel and Saint-André des Arts. This forced Davioud to adapt his plan to the proportions of that building.

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, 75004

+33 1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

Opéra De Paris
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
10 Place de l'Opéra, Paris,Francia
Paris, 75009

Place de la Bastille
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Bastille
Paris, 75011

0670000487

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, 75006

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, 75001

01 53 73 58 51

Monmarte Sacre Coeur
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre
Paris, 75018

01 53 41 89 00

Landmark and Historical Place Near Collège des Bernardins

Chez Charly
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue Linné
Paris, France 75005

0604522293

Venez boire , manger, danser, discuter et fumer à la baraque !

Place de la Contrescarpe
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
57, Rue lacepede
Paris, France 75005

Die Place de la Contrescarpe ist ein geschichtsträchtiger Platz im 5. Arrondissement von Paris.NameDer Name des Platzes ist ein Fachbegriff aus dem Festungsbau, die so genannte Contrescarpe. Dabei handelt es sich um die äußere Mauer oder Böschung eines Festungsgrabens, die für den Angreifer das erste Hindernis darstellt. Bei trockenen Gräben verläuft dahinter manchmal ein Gang (Galerie), von dem aus der Graben unter Feuer genommen werden kann. Er bezieht sich auf die Contrescarpe-Saint-Marcel, der heutigen Rue Blainville.Lage und GeschichteDer Platz liegt im Norden der Rue Mouffetard (moufette, altfranz. für „Stinktier“; der unangenehme Geruch kam vom früheren Flusslauf der Bièvre (Seine) in der Nähe, die hier im Untergrund verläuft). Im Norden setzt sie sich als Rue Descartes fort. Ferner münden die Rue du Cardinal-Lemoine, Rue Blainville und die Rue Lacépède in den Platz. Die Place de la Contrescarpe bildet die Achse des ehemaligen Arbeiterdistrikts Faubourg St. Médard. Unter den vielen Kneipen, hier Cabarets genannt, ist die berühmteste die La Pomme de Pin, deren Name noch heute in gotischer Schrift am Haus 1 des Platzes angebracht ist. Hier waren ab 1530 Literaten der Pléiade wie Molière, Jean Racine, Ronsard, Joachim du Bellay, François Rabelais oder Pontus de Tyard zu Gast. Diese Gegend gehörte zu jener Zeit noch nicht zu Paris und lag zu abseits von Baron Haussmanns Bauplänen, sodass sie in seinen Umbauplänen unberücksichtigt blieb und deshalb viel von ihrem mittelalterlichen Charme erhalten hat. Erst seit dem 18. Juli 1724 befindet sich der Platz innerhalb der Stadtgrenzen, als König Ludwig XV. die Grenzen von Paris festlegte. Seit dem 23. Oktober 1852 wird er nach seiner Fertigstellung offiziell als Platz bezeichnet.

Franck Provost Belle Epine Thiais
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Centre commercial Belle épine Thiais (1er étage)
Thiais, France 94320

01 46 36 31 40

Franck Provost "Ma passion ?... Mon métier ! Ma priorité ?... Votre bien-être ! C'est tout un savoir-faire que je mets au service de votre beauté, toute cette expérience que j'ai acquise au fil des années." Telle est la devise de Franck Provost. Rendez-vous dans le salon Franck Provost de Belle Epine où nos coiffeurs seront ravis de vous accueillir dans des espaces uniques où modernisme et confort cohabitent en parfaite harmonie.

Piazza Sorbona
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Sorbonne
Paris, France 75005

Piazza Sorbona è una piazza parigina nel quartiere latino della città, che porta il nome dell'omonima università che lì si trova. La piazza si trova sulla riva sinistra della Senna.Tutto intorno alla piazza si trovano locali e librerie.

Rives de la Seine à Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris, France

Sur les rives de la Seine à Paris peuvent être contemplés certains des plus célèbres monuments de la capitale de la France, de la Tour Eiffel à Notre-Dame en passant par la Concorde, mais également les ponts historiques qui les relient. Les deux rives sont inscrites sur la liste du patrimoine mondial de l'UNESCO depuis 1991.HistoireLes premiers quais sont construits au début du. Le premier est le quai des Grands-Augustins. Le Pont-Neuf est construit en 1578. En 1753, la création de la place Louis-XV, actuelle place de la Concorde, est simultanée à celle des quais sur les deux rives. Les maisons qui se trouvaient juste au bord du fleuve sont détruites, malgré l'opposition de la population. L'espace ainsi dégagé permet l'édification des quais hauts. En 1870, 15 ponts sont construits. Les quais bas sont ensuite adaptés au trafic fluvial et les chemins de halage se développent. Les berges de la Seine sont le site des Expositions universelles organisées de 1855 à 1900 à Paris.

Saint-Louis-en-l'Île
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
19 Rue Saint Louis en l'Ile
Paris, France 75004

The Saint-Louis-en-l'Île Church, is a Catholic church located on Île Saint-Louis in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, France.HistoryConstruction of the church began in 1664. It replaced an earlier church which was built in 1622, and the church was completed in 1675.

Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
79 Rue Galande
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 52 16

Kościół Saint-Julien-le Pauvre – gotycki kościół z XIII w., początkowo rzymskokatolicki, obecnie użytkowany przez społeczność melkicką. Jeden z najstarszych kościołów w mieście, na lewym brzegu Sekwany, w 5. okręgu Paryża.HistoriaPatronem obiektu został znany z dobroczynności św. Julian z Le Mans. Miejsce, na którym kościół się znajduje, już w czasach Merowingów było znane jako miejsce noclegów dla licznych pielgrzymów.Przy budowie kościoła anonimowi architekci naśladowali zarówno wygląd Katedry Notre-Dame w Paryżu, jak i Kościoła Saint Pierre de Montmartre, jednak projekt okazał się zbyt ambitny wobec skąpych zasobów finansowych. Budowa, rozpoczęta w latach 60. XII w. i wspierana przez opactwo w Longpont, została przerwana w latach w drugiej dekadzie XIII w. Kolejne prace, finansowane tym razem przez uniwersytet paryski, trwały do 1250 r. Wybudowano jedną nawę oraz chór kościelny.W 1651 r. kościół, który dotąd stał pusty, został poważnie przebudowany. Rozebrano część nawy i dobudowano południowo-zachodnią fasadę, poddano skrzydło północne konserwacji. W czasie Wielkiej Rewolucji Francuskiej budynek, jak znajdujący się nadal w kiepskim stanie technicznym, został przeznaczony do rozbiórki. Plany te nie zostały jednak zrealizowane, a w pierwszej połowie XIX wieku Franz Christian Gau przeprowadził gruntowny remont obiektu.W 1889 r. władze III Republiki przekazały kościół społeczności melkickiej, co poprzedził kolejny gruntowny remont. W 1921 r. na terenie kościoła miał miejsce kontrowersyjny happening zorganizowany przez dadaistów, który spotkał się ze średnim zainteresowaniem.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

The Fontaine Saint-Michel is a monumental fountain located in Place Saint-Michel in the 5th arrondissement in Paris. It was constructed in 1858–1860 during the French Second Empire by the architect Gabriel Davioud.HistoryThe fontaine Saint-Michel was part of the great project for the reconstruction of Paris overseen by Baron Haussmann during the French Second Empire. In 1855 Haussmann completed an enormous new boulevard, originally called boulevard de Sébastopol-rive-gauche, now called Boulevard Saint-Michel, which opened up the small place Pont-Saint-Michel into a much larger space. Haussmann asked the architect of the service of promenades and plantations of the prefecture, Gabriel Davioud, to design a fountain which would be appropriate in scale to the new square. As the architect of the prefecture, he was able to design not only the fountain but also the facades of the new buildings around it, giving coherence to the square, but he also had to deal with the demands of the prefet and city administration, which was paying for the project.Davioud's original project was for a fountain dedicated to peace, located in the center of the square. The prefect authorities rejected this idea and asked him instead to build a fountain to hide the end wall of the building at the corner of boulevard Saint-Michel and Saint-André des Arts. This forced Davioud to adapt his plan to the proportions of that building.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel, 75006 Paris
Paris, France 75006

La fuente Saint-Michel es una fuente parisina situada en el VI distrito de la ciudad. Se encuentra en el corazón del barrio latino y ocupa la totalidad de una de las paredes de un edificio de seis plantas. Fue catalogada como monumento histórico en 1926.HistoriaLa fuente, cuya estructura principal es la de un arco de triunfo, se enmarca dentro del plan de transformación de París durante el Segundo Imperio puesto en marcha por Barón Haussmann bajo Napoleon III de cara a ocultar una antiestética fachada generada por las obras de apertura del bulevar Saint-Michel. Descartada la idea inicial de decorarla con una estatua monumental de Napoleón Bonaparte, se optó finalmente por una obra que representara la lucha del Bien y del Mal donde el Arcángel Miguel, espada en mano, aparece sometiendo al Demonio.Gabriel Davioud ayudado por Flament, Simonet y Halo se encargan de poner en pie la obra. Alcanza 26 metros de altura y 15 de ancho. La estatua del arcángel sometiendo al Demonio es obra de Francisque Duret. En la parte baja, dos dragones, realizados por Henri-Alfred Jacquemart, escupen agua a un estanque situado a los pies de la escalinata que lleva hasta el pedestal de la escultura principal. La decoración de la fuente se completa con cuatro estatuas de bronce situadas sobre otras tantas columnas corintias adosadas de mármol rojo del Languedoc que representan a las cuatro virtudes cardinales: la templanza (de Charles Gumery), la justicia (de Louis Valentin Robert), la prudencia (de Jean Auguste Barre) y la fortaleza (de Eugène Guillaume). Por último en la parte superior, se sitúa un panel de mármol verde con una inscripción que conmemora el edificio, rodeado por dos pilastras de apoyo, rematados en su cúspide por un frontón roto que muestra el escudo de armas del emperador.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 91300

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II is the official name of the square consisting of the parvise of Notre Dame de Paris on the Île de la Cité. It was known simply as the place du Parvis-Notre-Dame until 2006 when it was renamed in honour of Pope John Paul II who died in 2005. The change generated controversy.The parvis was originally much smaller and its current shape dates back to the extensive urban renewal plans of Baron Haussmann during the Second French Empire.The square is also the location of France's Kilometre Zero which is indicated by a stone of the parvis.

36, quai des Orfèvres
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
36, quai des Orfèvres
Paris, France 75001

Le 36, quai des Orfèvres est le bâtiment où se trouvent le siège, l'état-major et les services communs de la Direction régionale de la police judiciaire de la Préfecture de police de Paris. Attenant au Palais de justice de la capitale, il est situé au numéro 36 du quai des Orfèvres, sur l'île de la Cité, face à la rive gauche, dans le 1er arrondissement de Paris.HistoriqueLe bâtiment a été construit entre 1875 et 1880, sur les plans des architectes Émile Jacques Gilbert et son gendre Arthur-Stanislas Diet, à l'emplacement de l'ancien hôtel du premier président de la cour d'appel de Paris, qui fut détruit par l'incendie volontaire survenu lors de la Commune le, et qui détruisit également une bonne part du Palais de justice mitoyen. La préfecture de police de Paris a donc dû quitter son ancien emplacement, et fut installée dans de nouveaux locaux, par Jules Ferry, dans une partie des bâtiments du palais de Justice qui venait d'être reconstruit au 36, quai des Orfèvres.

Palais de Justice, Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
10 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

01 44 32 51 51

The Palais de Justice, formerly the Palais de la Cité, is located on the Boulevard du Palais in the Île de la Cité in central Paris, France.OverviewAmong the oldest surviving buildings of the former royal palace are the Sainte Chapelle (built c. 1240, during the reign of Louis IX) and the Conciergerie, a former prison, now a museum, where Marie Antoinette was imprisoned before being executed on the guillotine. The justice of the state has been dispensed at this site since medieval times. From the sixteenth century to the French Revolution this was the seat of the Parlement de Paris.The building was reconstructed between 1857 and 1868 by architects Joseph-Louis Duc and Honoré Daumet. The exterior includes sculptural work by Jean-Marie Bonnassieux.It was opened in October 1868 with little fanfare, save from a visit by Baron Haussmann, prefect of the Seine. It was awarded the Grand Prix de l'Empereur as the greatest work of art produced in France in the decade.Security is maintained by gendarmes.

Pont d'Arcole
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont d'Arcole
Paris, France 75004

Pont d'Arcole – most w Paryżu. Od średniowiecza do 1828 na miejscu mostu funkcjonowała jedynie sześciometrowa przeprawa piesza pod nazwą Passelerie de Grève, wzniesiona przez Marca Séguina. W 1828 obiekt został zastąpiony szerszym mostem, a w 1854, w związku ze zmianami w układzie urbanistycznym miasta wzniesiono nowy most według projektu Cadiata, żelazny, pierwszy most na tym miejscu, który pozwalał zarówno na ruch pieszy, jak i kołowy. Był to zarazem pierwszy żelazny most w Paryżu, który wiódł przez całą szerokość rzeki nie przebiegając przez jedną z wysp. Błąd konstrukcyjny sprawił, że w 1888 most nieoczekiwanie obsunął się o 20 cm i musiał być gruntownie wyremontowany. Ponowną renowację przeszedł w latach 1994-1995. W 1944 to przez ten most do ratusza paryskiego weszła dywizja generała Leclerca w dniu wyzwolenia miasta.Nie jest konkretnie ustalone pochodzenie nazwy mostu. Może on nosić imię słynnej bitwy stoczonej przez Bonapartego, jak również nazwisko jednej z ofiar rewolucji lipcowej - młodego republikanina, który zginął na moście, niosąc na czele pochodu trójkolorowy sztandar.Most ma 80 metrów długości, 20 szerokości. Jest to most jednołukowy.Linki zewnętrzne Informacja o moście na stronach Paryża

PARIS TOWER
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
AMP.56
Paris, France 75007

0876334451

Théâtre des Blancs-Manteaux
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
15 Rue des Blancs Manteaux, 75004
Paris, France 75004

0148871584

Le théâtre de Blancs-Manteaux est une salle de spectacle, située, rue des Blancs-Manteaux dans le de Paris.HistoireEn 1970, René Liotaud, entrepreneur et ex-plâtrier, rachète un immeuble à l’angle de la rue Aubriot et de la rue des Blancs Manteaux. Le bâtiment, en très mauvais état est rapidement refait. Il vend alors un certain nombre d’appartements, transforme le rez-de-chaussée en restaurant et la cave en bar/discothèque. Le lieu est ouvert au public deux ans plus tard, en 1972. L’emplacement est idéal, au cœur du marais et tout proche du quartier juif de la rue des rosiers. On y trouve déjà de nombreux cafés et restaurants mais aucune salle de spectacle. L’arrivée de Liotaud et l’ouverture de La Pizza du Marais (l’ancien nom des Blancs Manteaux) se voit rapidement suivi par l’ouverture de plusieurs salles : Le théâtre Essaïon, la Veuve Pichard (aujourd’hui Le Point Virgule), la Mama Du Marais, etc. Le Café de la Gare quitte quant à lui le quartier du Montparnasse où il était installé depuis quatre ans pour la rue du Temple.