Welcome to the official Facebook page of Harrods - the world's most famous luxury department store.
Four acres of shopping space showcases the world's most sought after brands set within a magical kingdom of fantasy and cultural opulence.
Selling everything from sweets and souvenirs to diamonds and antiques, there is nowhere in the world quite like Harrods.
Visit our website - http://www.harrods.com
Follow us on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/harrods
Follow us on Instagram - http://instagram.com/harrods
Watch us on You Tube - http://www.youtube.com/harrodsoflondon
87–135 Brompton Road
London, SW1X 7XL
Monday to Saturday:
10.00am - 9.00pm
Sunday: 11:30am* - 6.00pm
*Browsing only between 11.30 and 12 noon on Sundays.
By posting on the Harrods page you are consenting to Harrods Ltd using your name and (if provided) comments, photographs and video footage as Harrods may freely decide in all forms of media, forever and throughout the world. If you have posted any photographs or video footage on the Harrods page, you confirm and warrant that you own the copyright in those photographs and video footage and that you are permitted to consent to their use and broadcast by Harrods Ltd. Please note that Harrods will remove any photographs, video footage or comments which are deemed to be inappropriate.
Hamleys is the oldest and largest toy shop in the world and one of the world's best-known retailers of toys. Founded by William Hamley as "Noah's Ark" in High Holborn, London, in 1760, it moved to its current site on Regent Street in 1881. This flagship store is set over seven floors, with more than 50,000 toys on sale. It is considered one of the city's prominent tourist attractions, receiving around five million visitors each year. The chain has ten other outlets in the United Kingdom and nearly 50 franchises worldwide.Hamleys was bought by the Icelandic investment company Baugur Group in 2003 but was taken over by Baugur's main investor, Landsbanki, when the group defaulted. In 2012, the French toy retailer Groupe Ludendo bought the business for £60 million. In 2015 it was reported that Groupe Ludendo was negotiating the sale of Hamleys, possibly to a Hong Kong company owned by a relative of the owner of department store House of Fraser. Subsequently, it was sold to the Chinese footwear company C.banner for an estimated $154 million.HistoryHamleys is the oldest and largest toy shop in the world. It is named after William Hamley, who founded a toy shop called "Noah's Ark" at No. 231 High Holborn, London, in 1760. Ownership of the shop passed through the family, and by the time it was operated by Hamley's grandsons in 1837, the store had become famous, counting royalty and nobility among its customers.
Liberty is the leading destination store in London, a wonderful emporium where the latest fashions sit alongside design classics.
Since 1875, Liberty has been synonymous with luxury and great design.
This group is dedicated to all things Liberty - a place to share your thoughts and express your views.
Arthur Liberty’s intuitive vision and pioneering spirit led him to travel the world looking for individual pieces to inspire and excite his discerning clientele.
Liberty is not just a name above the door, it’s Arthur Liberty’s legacy, which stands for integrity, value, quality and above all beautifully designed product.
We are Harvey Nichols.
We are fearlessly stylish.
We are daring in delivery.
We are playful in attitude.
And we are devoted to our customers.
Always have been, always will be.
The iconic Knightsbridge flagship store has been part of the British shopping vocabulary since 1831, progressing from linen and lace to international recognition as the must-visit fashion powerhouse in the UK.
Showcasing the very finest across luxury fashion, accessories, beauty, food and wine, Harvey Nichols is the go-to destination for an expertly-edited, premium shopping experience, with a dedicated team of Style Advisors on hand to help with whatever you may need.
There are seven Harvey Nichols stores throughout the UK and Ireland, as well as the beauty-only concept Beauty Bazaar, Harvey Nichols Liverpool. Each store also boasts delicious dining options with the OXO Tower Restaurant, Brasserie and Bar the jewel in the Harvey Nichols hospitality crown.
If you’d like to get in touch, our Customer Service Team are here to help Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm on +44 (0)20 7201 8088 . For queries outside these times, drop an email to: [email protected]
We hope to see you instore soon – or for fashion heaven 24/7, stop by harveynichols.com to discover the latest arrivals right now.
Fortnum & Mason is an upmarket department store situated in central London, with an additional store at St Pancras railway station, Heathrow T5, Dubai and various stockists worldwide. Its headquarters is located at 181 Piccadilly, where it was established in 1707 by William Fortnum and Hugh Mason. It is privately owned by Wittington Investments Ltd.Founded as a grocery store, Fortnum's reputation was built on supplying quality food, and saw rapid growth throughout the Victorian era. Though Fortnum's developed into a department store, it continues to focus on stocking a variety of exotic, speciality and also 'basic' provisions.The store has since opened several other departments, such as the Gentlemen's department on the third floor. It is also the location of a celebrated tea shop and several restaurants.HistoryWilliam Fortnum was a footman in the royal household of Queen Anne. The Royal Family’s insistence on having new candles every night meant a lot of half-used wax which William Fortnum promptly resold for a tidy profit. The enterprising William Fortnum also had a sideline business as a grocer. He convinced his landlord, Hugh Mason, to be his associate, and they founded the first Fortnum & Mason store in Mason's small shop in St James's Market in 1707. In 1761, William Fortnum's grandson Charles went into the service of Queen Charlotte and the Royal Court affiliation led to an increase in business. Fortnum & Mason claims to have invented the Scotch egg in 1738. The store began to stock speciality items, namely ready-to-eat luxury meals such as fresh poultry or game served in aspic jelly.
John Lewis Oxford Street, situated on London's premier shopping street, offers 7 floors of the best in fashion, home and technology, plus free standard delivery* (*on orders over £30) and export facilities.
Harvey NicholsDistance: 1.1 miTourist Information 109-125 Knightsbridge London, United Kingdom SW1X 7RJ
Oxford Street is a major road in the City of Westminster in the West End of London. It is Europe's busiest shopping street, with around half a million daily visitors, and as of 2012 had approximately 300 shops. It is designated as part of the A40, a major road between London and Fishguard, though it is not signed as such, and traffic is regularly restricted to buses and taxis.The road was originally a Roman road, part of the Via Trinobantina between Essex and Hampshire via London. It was known as Tyburn Road through the Middle Ages and was once notorious as a street where prisoners from Newgate Prison would be transported towards a public hanging. It became known as Oxford Road and then Oxford Street in the 18th century, and began to change character from a residential street to commercial and retail purposes by the late 19th century, also attracting street traders, confidence tricksters and prostitution. The first department stores in Britain opened on Oxford Street in the early 20th century, including Selfridges, John Lewis and HMV. Unlike nearby shopping streets such as Bond Street, it has retained an element of downmarket street trading alongside more prestigious retail stores. The street suffered heavy bombing during World War II, and several longstanding stores including John Lewis were completely destroyed and rebuilt from scratch.
Covent Garden is a district in London on the eastern fringes of the West End, between St. Martin's Lane and Drury Lane. It is associated with the former fruit-and-vegetable market in the central square, now a popular shopping and tourist site, and with the Royal Opera House, which is also known as "Covent Garden". The district is divided by the main thoroughfare of Long Acre, north of which is given over to independent shops centred on Neal's Yard and Seven Dials, while the south contains the central square with its street performers and most of the elegant buildings, theatres and entertainment facilities, including the Theatre Royal, Drury Lane and the London Transport Museum.The area was fields, settled in the 7th century when it became the heart of the Anglo-Saxon trading town of Lundenwic, then returned to fields after Lundenwic was abandoned at the end of the 9th century. By 1201 part of it had been walled off by Westminster Abbey for use as arable land and orchards. Referred to as "the garden of the Abbey and Convent", and later "the Covent Garden", it was seized by Henry VIII and granted to the Earls of Bedford in 1552. The 4th Earl commissioned Inigo Jones to build some fine houses to attract wealthy tenants. Jones designed the Italianate arcaded square along with the church of St Paul's. The design of the square was new to London and had a significant influence on modern town planning, acting as the prototype for new estates as London grew.
Piccadilly CircusDistance: 0.6 miTourist Information Picadilly Circus London, United Kingdom W1V 9LB
Piccadilly Circus è una celebre piazza di Londra, nonché luogo di ritrovo, cuore morale della città, situata nella City of Westminster.Costruita nel 1819 per collegare Regent Street con l'omonima Piccadilly (importante strada dello shopping) è diventata col passare degli anni uno dei principali punti di snodo del traffico cittadino. La sua felice posizione, nel cuore del West End londinese, e la vicinanza con importanti luoghi di interesse come i teatri di Shaftesbury Avenue o strade come Coventry Street e The Haymarket ricchissime di negozi e locali alla moda, hanno reso Piccadilly Circus un affollato punto di ritrovo, nonché una vera e propria attrattiva turistica tanto da diventare uno dei simboli stessi di Londra.Famosa per i display luminosi e le insegne a LED posizionate su di un edificio posto al lato settentrionale della stessa e per la celebre Shaftesbury Memorial Fountain che rappresenta «l'Angelo della Carità Cristiana» (ma realizzata da Alfred Gilbert come "Anteros" anche se è nota ai più col nome di "Eros"), la piazza è circondata da imponenti edifici quali il London Pavilion (sede di numerosi negozi e del Trocadero) ed il Criterion Theatre. Inoltre direttamente sotto il perimetro della piazza c'è l'omonima stazione della metropolitana di Londra.le banane sono blu e bo poi il kebab fa schifo
This style village includes Carnaby Street, Newburgh and Marshall Streets, food quarter Ganton Street, Kingly Street, Foubert’s Place, Beak Street, Broadwick Street, Marlborough and Lowndes Courts and the vibrant open air courtyard, Kingly Court. Carnaby is perfectly located between Oxford Circus and Piccadilly Circus in the centre of London’s West End.
Oxford StreetDistance: 0.1 miTourist Information Oxford Street, London Marylebone, United Kingdom SW12
Oxford Circus is the busiest intersection of Oxford Street (A40) and Regent Street in the West End of London. It is served by many bus routes and by Oxford Circus tube station, which is directly beneath the junction itself.At the end of the 2000s, Oxford Circus had the highest pedestrian volumes recorded anywhere in London. At the busiest times, over 40,000 pedestrians per hour pass through the junction including those accessing the London Underground station.HistoryThe Circus was constructed at the beginning of the 19th century, and was designed by John Nash.2009 diagonal crossingIn 2009, Westminster City Council started a £4m pedestrianisation scheme for the area, allowing shoppers to cross the intersection diagonally as well as the traditional 'straight ahead', turning it into a "pedestrian scramble", much like Tokyo's Shibuya crossing. Work started in Summer 2009, and the crossing opened on 2 November of the same year, by which time the cost had risen to £5 million. Although London Mayor Boris Johnson declared it "a triumph for British engineering, Japanese innovation and good old common sense", it was noted that a fairly similar crossing in Balham, South London had previously opened in 2005 at a cost of £98,000, approximately 50 times cheaper. One was also created in Wood Green.
Covent Garden & Picadilly CircusDistance: 1.0 miTourist Information Covent Garden London, United Kingdom WC2H 0 <>
Hatton Garden is a street and area in the district of Holborn in the London Borough of Camden. It is most noted for being London's jewellery quarter and centre of the UK diamond trade, but the area is also now home to a diverse range of media and creative businesses.The name 'Hatton Garden' is derived from the garden of the London residence of the Bishop of Ely called Ely Place, which was given to Sir Christopher Hatton by Elizabeth I in 1581, during a vacancy of the see.The area surrounding Hatton Garden has been the centre of London's jewellery trade since medieval times. The old City of London had certain streets, or quarters, dedicated to types of business, and the area around Hatton Garden became a centre for jewellers and jewellery.Nearly 300 of the businesses in Hatton Garden are in the jewellery industry and over 55 shops represent the largest cluster of jewellery retailers in the UK. The largest of these companies is De Beers, the international family of companies that dominate the international diamond trade. De Beers has its headquarters in a complex of offices and warehouses just behind the main Hatton Garden shopping street. The area also plays host to a large number of media, publishing and creative businesses, including Blinkbox and Grey Advertising.Hatton Garden has an extensive underground infrastructure of vaults, tunnels, offices and workshops.Hatton Garden was also the home to the invention of the machine gun. Sir Hiram Maxim had a small factory at 57 Hatton Garden and in 1881 invented and started to produce the Maxim Gun, capable of firing 666 rounds a minute.
Piccadilly is a road in the City of Westminster, London to the south of Mayfair, between Hyde Park Corner in the west and Piccadilly Circus in the east. It is part of the A4 road that connects central London to Hammersmith, Earl's Court, Heathrow Airport and the M4 motorway westward. St James's is to the south of the eastern section, while the western section is built up only on the northern side. At just under in length, Piccadilly is one of the widest and straightest streets in central London.Piccadilly has been a main road since at least medieval times, and in the middle ages was known as "the road to Reading" or "the way from Colnbrook". Around 1611 or 1612, a Robert Baker acquired land in the area and prospered by making and selling piccadills. Shortly after purchasing the land, he enclosed it and erected several dwellings, including his home, Pikadilly Hall. What is now Piccadilly was named Portugal Street in 1663 after Catherine of Braganza, wife of Charles II, and grew in importance after the road from Charing Cross to Hyde Park Corner was closed to allow the creation of Green Park in 1668. Some of the most notable stately homes in London were built on the northern side of the street during this period, including Clarendon House and Burlington House in 1664. Berkeley House, constructed around the same time as Clarendon House, was destroyed by a fire in 1733 and rebuilt as Devonshire House in 1737 by William Cavendish, 3rd Duke of Devonshire. It was later used as the main headquarters for the Whig party. Burlington House has since been home to several noted societies, including the Royal Academy of Arts, the Geological Society of London and the Royal Astronomical Society. Several members of the Rothschild family had mansions at the western end of the street. St James's Church was consecrated in 1684 and the surrounding area became St James Parish.
Denmark StreetDistance: 0.7 miTourist Information Denmark St London WC2H St Giles, Holborn, London London, United Kingdom WC2H 8NJ <>
Denmark Street is a street on the edge of London's West End running from Charing Cross Road to St Giles. It is near St Giles in the Fields Church and Tottenham Court Road station. The street was developed in the late 17th century and named after Prince George of Denmark. Since the 1950s it has been associated with British popular music, first via publishers and later by recording studios and music shops. A blue plaque was unveiled in 2014 commemorating the street's importance to the music industry.The street was originally residential, but became used for commercial purposes in the 19th century. At first, metalwork was a popular trade but it became most famous as Britain's "Tin Pan Alley" housing numerous music publishers' offices. This market declined in the 1960s to be replaced by music shops and independent recording studios. The Rolling Stones recorded at Regent Sound Studio at No. 4 and popular musicians often socialised around the Gioconda café at No. 9, including David Bowie and the Small Faces. Elton John and Bernie Taupin wrote songs at offices on the street through the 1960s, while the Sex Pistols lived above No. 6, and recorded their first demos there. The comic book store, Forbidden Planet and the Helter Skelter music bookshop have also been based on the street. In the 2010s, the surrounding area was redeveloped. Parts of Denmark Street are listed to protect them, but other parts, away from the street itself, are planned to be demolished.
Chapel MarketDistance: 2.1 miTourist Information Angel, Islington London, United Kingdom N1 0RW
Whether you are looking for good honest fruit and veg at a great price, a designer burger on the go or a browse around the stalls offering healthy snacks, old fashioned sweets and beautiful bouquets, you will find it here. Just two minutes walk from Angel tube station you can grab yourself all the ingredients for a romantic dinner, complete with flowers and even a new dress or just get yourself a selection of fine cheese, a good book, a tea infusion and a cd for an indulgent night alone.
Open every day except Monday this vibrant street market is definitely worth a visit.
Savile Row is a street in Mayfair, central London. Known principally for its traditional bespoke tailoring for men, the street has had a varied history that has included accommodating the headquarters of the Royal Geographical Society at 1 Savile Row, where significant British explorations to Africa and the South Pole were planned; and more recently, the Apple office of the Beatles at 3 Savile Row, where the band's final live performance was held on the roof of the building.Originally named Savile Street, it was built between 1731 and 1735 as part of the development of the Burlington Estate. It was designed under the influence of Burlington's interpretation of Palladian architecture, known as "Burlingtonian". Henry Flitcroft, under the supervision of Daniel Garrett, appears to have been the main architect – though 1 and 22–23 Savile Row were designed by William Kent. Initially, the street was occupied mainly by military officers and their wives; later William Pitt the Younger and Irish-born playwright and MP, Richard Brinsley Sheridan were residents.Tailors started doing business in the area in the late 18th century; first in Cork Street, about 1790, then by 1803 in Savile Row itself. In 1846, Henry Poole, later credited as the creator of the dinner jacket or tuxedo, opened an entrance to Savile Row from his tailoring premises in Old Burlington Street. In 1969, Nutters of Savile Row modernised the style and approach of traditional Savile Row tailoring; a modernisation that continued in the 1990s with the "New Bespoke Movement", involving the designers Richard James, Ozwald Boateng, and Timothy Everest. The term "bespoke" as applied to fine tailoring is understood to have originated in Savile Row, and came to mean a suit cut and made by hand.
St Johns Wood High StreetDistance: 1.7 miTourist Information St Johns Wood High Street London, United Kingdom NW8 6NJ
Local Business Near House of Fraser
Swarowski Distance: 0.0 miTourist Information 137-139 Regent Street London, United Kingdom W1B 4HX
Terracina situated between Rome and Naples is a place known for its tradition and quality of fishing. It is there that our first Assunta Madre boat navigated the sea in a quest of finding the freshest fish for its restaurants. Till this day all our fish is from Terracina .We as Italians value tradition and we value our food. The colours of the fish of Terracina are vivid and bright, the flavours delicious and intense. The natural habitat for marine life is excellent. Terracina, “One of the last few prestigious names in Italy for high range fish. And the appreciation shown by the public supports this argument”