EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Place du Châtelet, Paris | Tourist Information


fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/place_du_ch%c3%a2telet

Place du Châtelet
Paris, France 75001

<>

Historical Place Near Place du Châtelet

Musée du Louvre
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

0033 (0) 1 40 20 53 17

Le musée du Louvre est fermé tous les mardis, le 1er janvier, le 1er mai et le 25 décembre. Trente-cinq mille œuvres à voir et à revoir, une dizaine d’expositions, des ateliers, des visites, des conférences, des rencontres, des films, des lectures, de la musique, des spectacles… Une invitation à la découverte et à la connaissance pour tous les publics. Le Louvre et Vous : http://crm.e-deal.net/gerico/louvre_profile_edit.fl Gérez vos abonnements aux lettres électroniques du musée du Louvre et recevez de l'information en fonction de vos centres d'intérêt.

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
6, Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75015

+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

Pont des Arts
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

The Pont des Arts or Passerelle des Arts is a pedestrian bridge in Paris which crosses the River Seine. It links the Institut de France and the central square reported several deficiencies on the bridge. More specifically, he noted the damage that had been caused by two aerial bombardments sustained during World War I and World War II and the harm done from the multiple collisions caused by boats. The bridge would be closed to circulation in 1977 and, in 1979, suffered a 60-metre collapse after a barge rammed into it.The present bridge was built between 1981 and 1984 "identically" according to the plans of Louis Arretche, who had decided to reduce the number of arches from nine to seven, allowing the look of the old bridge to be preserved while realigning the new structure with the Pont Neuf. On 27 June 1984, the newly reconstructed bridge was inaugurated by Jacques Chirac, then the mayor of Paris.

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 40 20 50 50

La pyramide du Louvre est une pyramide constituée de verre et de métal, située au milieu de la cour Napoléon du musée du Louvre à Paris, où se situe le hall d’accueil.Commandée par le président de la République François Mitterrand en 1983, la pyramide a été conçue par l'architecte sino-américain Ieoh Ming Pei. La structure, qui a été entièrement construite en métal, s'élève à sur une base carrée de de côté et pèse environ. La pyramide est composée de 603 losanges et 70 triangles en verre. Elle a été inaugurée le et ouverte au public le. Elle est la première grande construction à avoir été réalisée en verre feuilleté.Bien que la pyramide ait suscité une grande controverse lors de la présentation de son projet en 1984, elle est devenue au début du la troisième œuvre du Louvre la plus appréciée après La Joconde et la Vénus de Milo.

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, France 75001

The Pont Neuf is the oldest standing bridge across the river Seine in Paris, France. Its name, which was given to distinguish it from older bridges that were lined on both sides with houses, has remained after all of those were replaced. It stands by the western (downstream) point of the Île de la Cité, the island in the middle of the river that was, between 250 and 225 BC, the birthplace of Paris, then known as Lutetia, and during the medieval period, the heart of the city.The bridge is composed of two separate spans, one of five arches joining the left bank to the Île de la Cité, another of seven joining the island to the right bank. Old engraved maps of Paris show how, when the bridge was built, it just grazed the downstream tip of the Île de la Cité; since then, the natural sandbar building of a mid-river island, aided by stone-faced embankments called quais, has extended the island. Today the tip of the island is the location of the Square du Vert-Galant, a small public park named in honour of Henry IV, nicknamed the "Green Gallant".ConstructionAs early as 1550, Henry II was asked to build a bridge here because the existing Pont Notre-Dame was overloaded, but the expense was too much at the time.In February 1578, the decision to build the bridge was made by Henry III who laid its first stone in 1578, the year when the foundations of four piers and one abutment were completed. Pierre des Isles, one of the builders, convinced the supervisory commission that the bridge, which was originally straight, would be more resistant to the river currents, if its two sections were built at a slight angle, a change they adopted in May 1578.

Île Saint-Louis
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Ile St. louis
Paris, France Paris

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris, located in the Place du Carrousel. It was built between 1806 and 1808 to commemorate Napoleon's military victories of the previous year. The more famous Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, across from the Champs Élysées, was designed in the same year; it is about twice the size and was not completed until 1836. It is also an example of Corinthian style architecture.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

<>

Les Arts Décoratifs
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
107 rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

01.44.55.57.50

Institution originale et plurielle, Les Arts Décoratifs entretiennent « en France la culture des arts qui poursuivent la réalisation du beau dans l’utile » et maintiennent des liens étroits avec le monde industriel, établissant de nombreux partenariats avec des entreprises exerçant leurs activités dans des domaines variés. Les différentes composantes des Arts Décoratifs sont réparties sur trois sites à Paris : - au 107 rue de Rivoli, les ailes de Rohan et de Marsan du palais du Louvre abritent le musée des Arts décoratifs possède une collection unique d'objets d'art de mode et de publicité, qui témoignent de l'art de vivre du Moyen Age jusqu'à nos jours - au 63 rue de Monceau, l’hôtel Camondo accueille le musée Nissim de Camondo - au 266 boulevard Raspail est installée en 1988 l’école Camondo (appellation née d’une implantation antérieure dans les communs de l’hôtel Camondo), spécialisée dans le design et l’architecture intérieure. Les Ateliers du Carrousel, ateliers de pratique artistique, sont présents sur ces trois sites.

Palais de Justice de Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
4, boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 37100

0644783382

Palais Brongniart
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Bourse
Paris, France 75002

0183922020

Pas un jour sans qu'il ne se passe quelque chose au Palais Brongniart. Et c'est normal ! Avec plus de 500 manifestations accueillies chaque année, le Palais Brongniart vit au rythme de l'actualité internationale, nationale ou parisienne. Des conférences de presse aux congrès médicaux en passant par des salons internationaux, les conventions d'entreprises ou les présentations de nouveaux produits, l'innovation est souvent au coeur des thématiques abordées. Avec le blog et le facebook, vous découvrirez que le Palais Brongniart est un lieu incroyable de vitalité et d'énergie animé avec passion par une équipe d'experts de la communication événementielle. Choisir le Palais Brongniart, c'est choisir bien plus qu'un centre de congrès et d'événements. A très bientôt. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Toutes les photos mises en ligne par le Palais Brongniart ne peuvent être utilisées sauf sur demande par email à cette adresse : fanny.gautier@gl-events.com

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, France 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

<>

The Fontaine Saint-Michel is a monumental fountain located in Place Saint-Michel in the 5th arrondissement in Paris. It was constructed in 1858–1860 during the French Second Empire by the architect Gabriel Davioud.HistoryThe fontaine Saint-Michel was part of the great project for the reconstruction of Paris overseen by Baron Haussmann during the French Second Empire. In 1855 Haussmann completed an enormous new boulevard, originally called boulevard de Sébastopol-rive-gauche, now called Boulevard Saint-Michel, which opened up the small place Pont-Saint-Michel into a much larger space. Haussmann asked the architect of the service of promenades and plantations of the prefecture, Gabriel Davioud, to design a fountain which would be appropriate in scale to the new square. As the architect of the prefecture, he was able to design not only the fountain but also the facades of the new buildings around it, giving coherence to the square, but he also had to deal with the demands of the prefet and city administration, which was paying for the project.Davioud's original project was for a fountain dedicated to peace, located in the center of the square. The prefect authorities rejected this idea and asked him instead to build a fountain to hide the end wall of the building at the corner of boulevard Saint-Michel and Saint-André des Arts. This forced Davioud to adapt his plan to the proportions of that building.

Château De Versailles
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue De L'échelle
Versailles, France 78000

+33 1 30 83 78 00

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

Place du Châtelet
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place du Châtelet
Paris, France 75001

The Place du Châtelet is a public square in Paris, on the right bank of the river Seine, on the borderline between the 1st and 4th arrondissements. It lies at the north end of the Pont au Change, a bridge that connects the Île de la Cité, near the Palais de Justice and the Conciergerie, to the right bank. The closest métro station is Châtelet 15px 15px 15px 15px 15px 15pxFeaturesThe name "Châtelet" refers to the stronghold, the Grand Châtelet, that guarded the northern end of the Pont au Change, containing the offices of the prévôt de Paris and a number of prisons, until it was demolished from 1802-10.At the square's center is the Fontaine du Palmier, designed in 1806 by architect and engineer François-Jean Bralle (1750-1832) to celebrate French victories in battle. It has a circular basin, 6m in diameter, from which a column rises in the form of a palm tree's trunk 18m tall. The palm trunk is surmounted by a gilded figure of the goddess, Victory, holding a laurel wreath in each upraised hand; the goddess figure stands on a base ornamented with bas-relief eagles. The gilded finial is by sculptor Louis-Simon Boizot.

Sacré Coeur, Montmartre, Paris, France
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre
Paris, France 75018

Landmark Near Place du Châtelet

Pont Notre-Dame
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

The Pont Notre-Dame is a bridge that crosses the Seine in Paris, France linking the quai de Gesvres on the Rive Droite with the quai de la Corse on the Île de la Cité. The bridge is noted for being the "most ancient" in Paris, in the sense that, while the oldest bridge in Paris that is in its original state is undoubtedly the Pont Neuf, a bridge in some form has existed at the site of the Pont Notre-Dame since antiquity; nonetheless, it has been destroyed and reconstructed numerous times, a fact referred to in the Latin inscription on it to honor its Italian architect, Fra Giovanni Giocondo. (See below.) The bridge once was lined with approximately sixty houses, the weight of which caused a collapse in 1499.HistoryIt was on this spot that the first bridge of Paris, called the Grand-Pont, crossed the Seine from antiquity. In 886, during the siege of Paris and the Norman attacks, this structure was destroyed and replaced by a plank bridge, named the Pont des Planches de Milbray (Milbray plank bridge). This bridge was destroyed by the floods of 1406. On May 31, 1412, Charles VI of France ordered the construction of the first version of the bridge to be named "Notre-Dame". This structure was composed of solid wood and connected the Île de la Cité to the rue Saint-Martin. The bridge took seven years to build and had sixty houses atop it, thirty on each side. The houses were noted by Robert Gauguin as being "remarkable for their height, and the uniformity of construction" and was called the "handsomest in France." King Charles' wooden bridge collapsed on October 25, 1499 near 9 a.m., likely due to structural instabilities caused by the lack of repairs.

Pont Notre-Dame
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

The Pont Notre-Dame is a bridge that crosses the Seine in Paris, France linking the quai de Gesvres on the Rive Droite with the quai de la Corse on the Île de la Cité. The bridge is noted for being the "most ancient" in Paris, in the sense that, while the oldest bridge in Paris that is in its original state is undoubtedly the Pont Neuf, a bridge in some form has existed at the site of the Pont Notre-Dame since antiquity; nonetheless, it has been destroyed and reconstructed numerous times, a fact referred to in the Latin inscription on it to honor its Italian architect, Fra Giovanni Giocondo. (See below.) The bridge once was lined with approximately sixty houses, the weight of which caused a collapse in 1499.HistoryIt was on this spot that the first bridge of Paris, called the Grand-Pont, crossed the Seine from antiquity. In 886, during the siege of Paris and the Norman attacks, this structure was destroyed and replaced by a plank bridge, named the Pont des Planches de Milbray (Milbray plank bridge). This bridge was destroyed by the floods of 1406. On May 31, 1412, Charles VI of France ordered the construction of the first version of the bridge to be named "Notre-Dame". This structure was composed of solid wood and connected the Île de la Cité to the rue Saint-Martin. The bridge took seven years to build and had sixty houses atop it, thirty on each side. The houses were noted by Robert Gauguin as being "remarkable for their height, and the uniformity of construction" and was called the "handsomest in France." King Charles' wooden bridge collapsed on October 25, 1499 near 9 a.m., likely due to structural instabilities caused by the lack of repairs.

Hôtel de Ville
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Hôtel de Ville
Paris, France 75004

01 42 76 40 40

Hôtel de Ville is a rapid transit station on Lines 1 and 11 of the Paris Métro. The station lies within the fourth arrondissement of the central city, close to the Hôtel de Ville de Paris.LocationHôtel de Ville station is located in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, northeast of the centre of the Île de la Cité.HistoryHôtel de Ville is one of the eight original stations opened as part of the first stage of the line between Porte de Vincennes and Porte Maillot on 19 July 1900. The line 11 platforms opened as part of the original section of the line from Châtelet to Porte des Lilas on 28 April 1935.Line 1 automationIn line with works to automate Line 1, Hôtel de Ville station has undergone a series of upgrades. Over the weekend of 21–22 March 2009, the Line 1 platforms were closed received platform edge doors to improve passenger safety and aid in driverless operation. During the construction period, the Line 11 station remained open, allowing for westward travel to Châtelet, where a transfer to Line 1 was possible.Station layoutAs with most Paris Métro stations, Hôtel de Ville utilises a side platform configuration with two tracks for both its Line 1 and Line 11 stations. Since the Métro runs opposite national railways, trains run on the right instead of the left. The two parts of Hôtel de Ville station complex lie perpendicularly to each other, Line 1 underneath Rue de Rivoli and Line 11 below Rue de Renard.

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

Place du Châtelet
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place du Châtelet
Paris, France 75001

The Place du Châtelet is a public square in Paris, on the right bank of the river Seine, on the borderline between the 1st and 4th arrondissements. It lies at the north end of the Pont au Change, a bridge that connects the Île de la Cité, near the Palais de Justice and the Conciergerie, to the right bank. The closest métro station is Châtelet 15px 15px 15px 15px 15px 15pxFeaturesThe name "Châtelet" refers to the stronghold, the Grand Châtelet, that guarded the northern end of the Pont au Change, containing the offices of the prévôt de Paris and a number of prisons, until it was demolished from 1802-10.At the square's center is the Fontaine du Palmier, designed in 1806 by architect and engineer François-Jean Bralle (1750-1832) to celebrate French victories in battle. It has a circular basin, 6m in diameter, from which a column rises in the form of a palm tree's trunk 18m tall. The palm trunk is surmounted by a gilded figure of the goddess, Victory, holding a laurel wreath in each upraised hand; the goddess figure stands on a base ornamented with bas-relief eagles. The gilded finial is by sculptor Louis-Simon Boizot.

Place de l'Hôtel-de-Ville - Esplanade de la Libération
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Hôtel-de-Ville
Paris, France 75004

<>

The public square in the 4th arrondissement of Paris that is now the Place de l'Hôtel de Ville (City Hall Plaza) was, before 1802, called the Place de Grève. The French word grève refers to a flat area covered with gravel or sand situated on the shores or banks of a body of water. The location presently occupied by the square was the point on the sandy right bank of the river Seine where the first riverine harbor of Paris was established.The Place de GrèveLater it was used as a public meeting-place and also as a location where unemployed people gathered to seek work. This circumstance accounts for the current French expressions, être en grève (to be on strike) and faire (la) grève (to go on strike).However, the principal reason why the Place de Grève is remembered is that it was the site of most of the public executions in early Paris. The gallows and the pillory stood there.The highest-profile executions took place on the grève, including the gruesome deaths of the assassins François Ravaillac, and Robert-François Damiens, as well as the bandit-rebel Guy Éder de La Fontenelle. In 1310 the Place de Grève was also the site of the execution of the beguine heretic Marguerite Porete. The 22 February 1680, the famous French fortune teller, poisoner and alleged sorceress La Voisin, was burned to death on the square. In the words of Victor Hugo (in The Hunchback of Notre Dame), the grève was "the symbol of medieval and ancien régime justice: brutal, corrupt, and inadequate."

Place de l'Hôtel-de-Ville - Esplanade de la Libération
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Hôtel-de-Ville
Paris, France 75004

<>

The public square in the 4th arrondissement of Paris that is now the Place de l'Hôtel de Ville (City Hall Plaza) was, before 1802, called the Place de Grève. The French word grève refers to a flat area covered with gravel or sand situated on the shores or banks of a body of water. The location presently occupied by the square was the point on the sandy right bank of the river Seine where the first riverine harbor of Paris was established.The Place de GrèveLater it was used as a public meeting-place and also as a location where unemployed people gathered to seek work. This circumstance accounts for the current French expressions, être en grève (to be on strike) and faire (la) grève (to go on strike).However, the principal reason why the Place de Grève is remembered is that it was the site of most of the public executions in early Paris. The gallows and the pillory stood there.The highest-profile executions took place on the grève, including the gruesome deaths of the assassins François Ravaillac, and Robert-François Damiens, as well as the bandit-rebel Guy Éder de La Fontenelle. In 1310 the Place de Grève was also the site of the execution of the beguine heretic Marguerite Porete. The 22 February 1680, the famous French fortune teller, poisoner and alleged sorceress La Voisin, was burned to death on the square. In the words of Victor Hugo (in The Hunchback of Notre Dame), the grève was "the symbol of medieval and ancien régime justice: brutal, corrupt, and inadequate."

Sunset/Sunside
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
60 Rue des Lombards
Paris, France 75001

Le Sunset/Sunside est l'un des principaux clubs de jazz de Paris. Fondé en 1983, il est le premier rue des Lombards, ouvrant ainsi la voie à d'autres clubs comme le Duc des Lombards et le Baiser salé. Depuis 2003, il comporte deux salles, le restaurant du rez-de-chaussée étant devenu le Sunside.Le club accueille régulièrement de grands musiciens de la scène parisienne et internationale : s'y sont produits Jerry Bergonzi, Paco Séry, Ravi Coltrane, Christian Vander, Steve Lacy, Didier Lockwood, Dave Liebman, Stefano Di Battista, Sebastien Llado, Giovanni Mirabassi et Flavio Boltro, Mark Turner, Aldo Romano, Alain Jean-Marie, Franck Amsallem, Bjorn Berge, René Urtreger…Il y accueille des expositions temporaires d'artistes photographes dont Sophie Le Roux.

Sunset/Sunside
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
60 Rue des Lombards
Paris, France 75001

Le Sunset/Sunside est l'un des principaux clubs de jazz de Paris. Fondé en 1983, il est le premier rue des Lombards, ouvrant ainsi la voie à d'autres clubs comme le Duc des Lombards et le Baiser salé. Depuis 2003, il comporte deux salles, le restaurant du rez-de-chaussée étant devenu le Sunside.Le club accueille régulièrement de grands musiciens de la scène parisienne et internationale : s'y sont produits Jerry Bergonzi, Paco Séry, Ravi Coltrane, Christian Vander, Steve Lacy, Didier Lockwood, Dave Liebman, Stefano Di Battista, Sebastien Llado, Giovanni Mirabassi et Flavio Boltro, Mark Turner, Aldo Romano, Alain Jean-Marie, Franck Amsallem, Bjorn Berge, René Urtreger…Il y accueille des expositions temporaires d'artistes photographes dont Sophie Le Roux.

Saint-Jacques Tower
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
39 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75004

Saint-Jacques Tower is a monument located in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, France, on Rue de Rivoli at Rue Nicolas Flamel. This 52m Flamboyant Gothic tower is all that remains of the former 16th-century Church of Saint-Jacques-de-la-Boucherie, which was demolished in 1797, during the French Revolution, leaving only the tower. What remains of the destroyed church of St. Jacques La Boucherie is now considered a national historic landmark. The closest métro station is Châtelet.HistoryThe Way of St. JamesThe tower's rich decoration reflects the wealth of its patrons, the wholesale butchers of the nearby Les Halles market. The masons in charge were Jean de Felin, Julien Ménart and Jean de Revier. It was built in 1509 to 1523, during the reign of King Francis I. With a dedication to Saint James the Greater, the ancient church and its landmark tower welcomed pilgrims setting out on the road that led to Tours and headed for the way of St James, which led to the major pilgrimage destination of Santiago de Compostela. A relic of the saint preserved in the church linked it the more strongly and in modern times occasioned its listing in 1998 as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO among the sites and structures marking the chemins de Compostelle, the pilgrimage routes in France that led like tributaries of a great stream headed towards Santiago in the northwest of Spain.

Jardin Nelson-Mandela
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 rue Pierre-Lescot
Paris, France 75001

Le jardin Nelson-Mandela, anciennement Jardin des Halles, est un espace vert d'environ quatre hectares au milieu du quartier des Halles du arrondissement, au centre de la ville de Paris, en France. Il a été créé dans les années 1980 sur l'emplacement des anciennes Halles de Paris. Le jardin repose sur la dalle qui recouvre le Forum des Halles, un centre commercial abritant également quelques activités culturelles. Le jardin comprend plusieurs pelouses et de nombreuses plantations d'arbres et d'arbustes. Parmi les éléments remarquables figurent le jardin des Enfants, une serre tropicale enfouie dans le sous-sol et la place René-Cassin qui forme un petit amphithéâtre. Une refonte du jardin, menée en parallèle de celle du Forum des Halles, a débuté en 2010 et devrait s'achever en 2016.LocalisationLe jardin est situé au-dessus du Forum des Halles, dans le arrondissement de Paris et de la gare de Châtelet - Les Halles, où convergent trois lignes de RER, constituant le plus important pôle de transports de la région d’Île-de-France. De forme globalement rectangulaire, il est délimité au nord par la rue Rambuteau, au sud par la rue Berger, à l'ouest par la rue de Viarmes et à l'est par les pavillons du Forum des Halles. L’église Saint-Eustache et la Bourse de Commerce, sur la facade de laquelle est accolée la colonne Médicis, sont situées à proximité immédiate.

Sunset/Sunside
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
60, rue des Lombards
Paris, France 75001

+33 (0)1 40 26 46 60

The Sunset/Sunside is one of the main jazz clubs in Paris, France. It was founded in 1983 and is the first jazz club to settle in the rue des Lombards which hosts several other famous jazz clubs such as Le Baiser Salé and Le Duc des Lombards.

Rue Saint-Martin
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Martin
Paris, France 75003

<>

Café de la Gare
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
41 rue du temple
Paris, France 75004

01 42 78 52 51

Le Café de la Gare est un café-théâtre parisien, situé 41 rue du Temple, dans le arrondissement de Paris. Il propose 450 places assises.HistoriqueLe Café de la Gare a été créé juste après mai 68 par une bande de copains qui ont restauré une vieille fabrique de ventilateurs, passage d'Odessa (dit aussi « passage du Départ »), proche de la gare de Paris-Montparnasse à Paris dans le arrondissement.Chantier collectif où tout le monde met la main à la pâte, le Café de la Gare ouvre en 1969 avec ses premiers acteurs-constructeurs-fondateurs, Romain Bouteille, Coluche, Sotha, Patrick Dewaere, Miou-Miou, Henri Guybet…Défini par Coluche, le mode de vie de la troupe d'inconnus est le copinage en concubinage. Coluche vit avec sa petite amie Miou-Miou, Sotha, compagne de Romain Bouteille, le quitte pour Patrick Dewaere qui séduit ensuite Miou-Miou.

Fontaine des Innocents
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2 rue des innocents
Paris, France 75001

<>

Louvre, Paris. Brooklyn Museum Archives, Goodyear Archival CollectionThe Fontaine des Innocents is a monumental public fountain located on the place Joachim-du-Bellay in the Les Halles district in the 1st arrondissement of Paris, France. Originally called the Fountain of the Nymphs, it was constructed between 1547 and 1550 by architect Pierre Lescot and sculptor Jean Goujon in the new style of the French Renaissance. It is the oldest monumental fountain in Paris.HistoryThe fountain was commissioned as part of the decoration of the city to commemorate the solemn royal entry of King Henry II into Paris in 1549. Artists were commissioned to construct elaborate monuments, mostly temporary, along his route, from the Port Saint-Denis to the Palais de la Cité, passing by le Châtelet, the Pont Notre-Dame and the Cathedral. The fountain was placed on the site of an earlier fountain dating to the reign of Philip II of France, against the wall of the Saints Innocents Cemetery, at the corner of rue Saint Denis (where the King's procession passed) and rue aux Fers (today's rue Berger), with two façades on one street, one façade on the other. It was to serve as a fountain as well as a grand reviewing stand for local notables; it resembled the walls of a large residence, with water taps along the street at the street level, and a stairway to the loggia on the upper level, where officials stood on the balcony to greet the King. Its original name was the Fountain of the Nymphs.

PARIS TOWER
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
AMP.56
Paris, France 4567

0876334451

Cour de Cassation
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
5 Quai de l'Horloge
Paris, France 75001

01 44 32 95 95

Mairie du 1er arrondissement de Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
4, place du Louvre 75001
Paris, France 75001

01 44 50 75 01

La mairie du arrondissement de Paris est le bâtiment qui héberge les services municipaux du arrondissement de Paris, en France.LocalisationLe bâtiment est situé sur la place du Louvre, en retrait du tracé de la rue du Louvre, à côté de l'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois, dont elle est le pendant, et face à la colonnade du Louvre de Claude Perrault.HistoireLe bâtiment a été conçu par l'architecte Jacques Hittorff et édifié entre 1858 et 1863.Il a été voulu comme le pendant de la façade de l'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois (dont il reprend notamment la rosace et le porche) qui se trouve à proximité, et qu'il flanque de constructions semblables aux immeubles de cette époque.Entre les deux, Théodore Ballu fait construire un beffroi de style gothique flamboyant - que l'on prend souvent pour le clocher de l'église - relié de part et d'autre aux deux édifices par deux portes du même style donnant accès au square qui les sépare.

Théâtre Essaïon
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
6 rue Pierre au Lard
Paris, France 75004

01.42.78.46.42

Le théâtre Essaïon est un théâtre de Paris situé 6, rue Pierre-au-Lard à Paris 4, dans le Marais.Installé dans l’une des caves médiévales de l’ancien hôtel de l’Aigle d’Or, il est issu de la volonté d'une troupe de comédiens autour de Régis Santon dans les années 1975. Cette première installation échouera faute de moyen.Le lieu est repris par José Valverde pour présenter des créations sur des pièces contemporaines. En 1987, la comédienne Alida Latessa lui succède.En 1995, une seconde salle de soixante-dix places, dans une autre cave à voûtes mitoyenne de la précédente est créée.En 2003, le théâtre devient un lieu principalement consacré à la chanson de création et de répertoire et au théâtre musical. La petite salle est transformée en un cabaret de soixante dix places.Depuis janvier 2006, l’équipe de l’Aktéon Théâtre a repris les rênes du théâtre et fait renaître le théâtre dans la grande salle.Lien externe Site officiel du théâtre EssaïonDessertes Ce site est desservi par les stations de métro Hôtel de Ville, Rambuteau et Châtelet. 17px Station Châtelet-les-Halles 17px Ce site est desservi par les lignes 29, 38, 47, 75, 76, 96

Public Square Near Place du Châtelet

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

<>

Place du Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place du Palais-Royal
Paris, France 75001

Place du Châtelet
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place du Châtelet
Paris, France 75001

The Place du Châtelet is a public square in Paris, on the right bank of the river Seine, on the borderline between the 1st and 4th arrondissements. It lies at the north end of the Pont au Change, a bridge that connects the Île de la Cité, near the Palais de Justice and the Conciergerie, to the right bank. The closest métro station is Châtelet 15px 15px 15px 15px 15px 15pxFeaturesThe name "Châtelet" refers to the stronghold, the Grand Châtelet, that guarded the northern end of the Pont au Change, containing the offices of the prévôt de Paris and a number of prisons, until it was demolished from 1802-10.At the square's center is the Fontaine du Palmier, designed in 1806 by architect and engineer François-Jean Bralle (1750-1832) to celebrate French victories in battle. It has a circular basin, 6m in diameter, from which a column rises in the form of a palm tree's trunk 18m tall. The palm trunk is surmounted by a gilded figure of the goddess, Victory, holding a laurel wreath in each upraised hand; the goddess figure stands on a base ornamented with bas-relief eagles. The gilded finial is by sculptor Louis-Simon Boizot.

Place de l'Hôtel-de-Ville - Esplanade de la Libération
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Hôtel-de-Ville
Paris, France 75004

<>

The public square in the 4th arrondissement of Paris that is now the Place de l'Hôtel de Ville (City Hall Plaza) was, before 1802, called the Place de Grève. The French word grève refers to a flat area covered with gravel or sand situated on the shores or banks of a body of water. The location presently occupied by the square was the point on the sandy right bank of the river Seine where the first riverine harbor of Paris was established.The Place de GrèveLater it was used as a public meeting-place and also as a location where unemployed people gathered to seek work. This circumstance accounts for the current French expressions, être en grève (to be on strike) and faire (la) grève (to go on strike).However, the principal reason why the Place de Grève is remembered is that it was the site of most of the public executions in early Paris. The gallows and the pillory stood there.The highest-profile executions took place on the grève, including the gruesome deaths of the assassins François Ravaillac, and Robert-François Damiens, as well as the bandit-rebel Guy Éder de La Fontenelle. In 1310 the Place de Grève was also the site of the execution of the beguine heretic Marguerite Porete. The 22 February 1680, the famous French fortune teller, poisoner and alleged sorceress La Voisin, was burned to death on the square. In the words of Victor Hugo (in The Hunchback of Notre Dame), the grève was "the symbol of medieval and ancien régime justice: brutal, corrupt, and inadequate."

Place de l'Hôtel-de-Ville
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Hôtel-de-Ville
Paris, France 75004

Square du Temple
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
En Bas dche oim sa smai bien
Paris, France 75003

<>

Les Colonnes De Buren
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
15 Rue du Colonel Driant
Paris, France 75001

Square du Vert-Galant
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
square du vert-galant
Paris, France 75001

<>

Le square du Vert-Galant est un square de Paris, situé à la pointe ouest de l'île de la Cité, dans le quartier Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois du arrondissement. Le niveau du square est situé sept mètres plus bas que le niveau actuel des autres parties de l'île, ce qui correspond au niveau que celle-ci avait autrefois. Le faible surplomb du square par rapport à la Seine explique qu'il soit inondé, voire totalement submergé lors des plus importantes crues du fleuve.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Pont Neuf.DescriptionIl a été créé par la réunion de plusieurs petites îles dont l'île aux Juifs (où furent brûlés les derniers templiers) et l'île du Patriarche. Le square doit son nom à Henri IV, surnommé le « Vert-Galant » en raison de ses nombreuses maîtresses malgré son âge avancé. Le square est dominé par une statue équestre d'Henri IV reposant sur le Pont-Neuf (lequel sépare le square du reste de l'île). Une plaque commémorative rappelle par ailleurs que c'est à cet endroit qu'eurent lieu, le, les exécutions sur le bûcher des deux plus hauts dignitaires de l'ordre du Temple, Jacques de Molay et Geoffroy de Charnay.

Tranoï Palais De La Bourse
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Bourse
Paris, France 75002

Pont de la Tournelle
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Pont de la Tournelle
Paris, France 75005

<>

Pont de la Tournelle, is an arch bridge spanning the river Seine in Paris.HistoryThe location of the Pont de la Tournelle is the site of successive structures.The first, a wooden bridge, was built in 1620. This bridge connected the Eastern bank of the Seine (le quai Saint-Bernard) to l'île Saint-Louis. It was subsequently washed away by ice in 1637, and again on 21 January 1651. A stone bridge was erected in its place in 1654. It was demolished in 1918 and replaced by the current bridge in 1928, after it suffered several natural disasters, especially the flood of 1910.The Pont de la Tournelle was intentionally built lacking symmetry, in order to emphasize the shapeless landscape in the part of the Seine that it bestrides. Consisting of a grand central arch that links the riverbanks via two smaller arches, one on each side, it's decorated on the Eastern bank with a pylon built on the left pier's cutwater, and a statue of Saint Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris, atop of the pylon, designed by Polish-French monumental sculptor Paul Landowski.The term "Tournelle" traces its origin to a square turret (tourelle) constructed at the end of the 12th Century on the fortress of Phillipe Auguste.Numerous scenes of Highlander: The Series were filmed along the Quai de la Tournelle near and underneath Pont de la Tournelle between 1992 and 1998.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Place Dauphine
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place Dauphine
Paris, France 75001

<>

The Place Dauphine is a public square located near the western end of the Île de la Cité in the first arrondissement of Paris. It was initiated by Henry IV in 1607, the second of his projects for public squares in Paris, the first being the Place Royale (now the Place des Vosges). He named it for his son, the Dauphin of France and future Louis XIII, who had been born in 1601. From the "square", actually triangular in shape, one can access the middle of the Pont Neuf, a bridge which connects the left and right banks of the Seine by passing over the Île de la Cité. A street called, since 1948, Rue Henri-Robert, forty metres long, connects the Place Dauphine and the bridge. Where they meet, there are two other named places, the Place du Pont Neuf and the Square du Vert Galent.HistoryThe Place Dauphine was laid out in 1607–10, when the Place Royale was still under construction. It was among the earliest city-planning projects of Henri IV, and was on a site created from part of the western garden of the walled enclave known as the Palais de la Cité (because the Capetian kings had lived there long ago, before the Louvre was built). There had been a pavilion, the Maison des Etuves, located in the garden's western wall which overlooked two riverine islets, scarcely more than mudbanks at the time. One islet was incorporated into filled land which extended the Île de la Cité to the west to form the middle section, the terre-plein, of the Pont Neuf (completed in 1606) and, on the downstream side of the bridge, a platform supporting an equestrian statue of Henri IV (installed in 1614). The second islet was removed. The Place Dauphine was to occupy the western part of the garden and the vacant land which had been created between it and the bridge.

Square Jean-XXIII
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Square Jean XXIII
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le square Jean-XXIII, nommé en l’honneur du pape Jean XXIII, est un grand square de Paris, situé dans arrondissement. Il a porté précédemment le nom de square de l’Archevêché.HistoireÀ cet emplacement se trouvait, au Moyen Âge, une voirie appelée motta papellardorum c'est-à-dire Motte aux Papelards ou simplement le Terrein, où s'égayait tout le personnel de l'église, lorsque celui-ci fut transformé en jardin.Plus tard, le poète et écrivain Nicolas Boileau habita et mourut dans une maison qui se trouvait rue de l'Abreuvoir (rue supprimée en 1809) à peu près à l'emplacement de la fontaine de la Vierge, œuvre d'Alphonse Vigoureux, rajoutée en 1845, un an après la création du square qui s'étend d'ailleurs sur.En 1870, le square devint parc d'artillerie.En 1906, on a érigé dans le square le buste de Goldoni, donné à la Ville par le duc Melzi d'Eril au nom de la Société Dantesque.LocalisationLe square est situé à la pointe amont de l’île de la Cité, au chevet de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Cité.Films tournés au square Jean-XXIII 2011 : Minuit à Paris de Woody Allen

Place de la Bourse
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Réaumur
Paris, France 75002

<>

Place des Pyramides
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
2 rue de pyramides
Paris, France 75001

<>

Place des Pyramides is a public square in the 1st arrondissement of Paris, France. It is located in the middle of the Rue de Rivoli, at its intersection with the Rue des Pyramides and Avenue du General Lemonnier, at the western end of the Tuileries Garden.The square was named for the street, Rue des Pyramides, and the street was named for the Battle of the Pyramids, a Napoleonic victory achieved in Egypt in 1798.DescriptionA riding academy under Antoine de Pluvinel, squire to Henry III, Henry IV and Louis XIII, was set up in this area in the 16th century. Known as "Le Pluvinel", this was the forerunner of the classical equestrian school, and it is commemorated by a plaque above the entrance to the Hôtel Regina restaurant.The gilded bronze equestrian statue of Joan of Arc on this square was produced by Emmanuel Frémiet in 1874.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
11 Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France

La fuente Saint-Michel es una fuente parisina situada en el VI distrito de la ciudad. Se encuentra en el corazón del barrio latino y ocupa la totalidad de una de las paredes de un edificio de seis plantas. Fue catalogada como monumento histórico en 1926.HistoriaLa fuente, cuya estructura principal es la de un arco de triunfo, se enmarca dentro del plan de transformación de París durante el Segundo Imperio puesto en marcha por Barón Haussmann bajo Napoleon III de cara a ocultar una antiestética fachada generada por las obras de apertura del bulevar Saint-Michel. Descartada la idea inicial de decorarla con una estatua monumental de Napoleón Bonaparte, se optó finalmente por una obra que representara la lucha del Bien y del Mal donde el Arcángel Miguel, espada en mano, aparece sometiendo al Demonio.Gabriel Davioud ayudado por Flament, Simonet y Halo se encargan de poner en pie la obra. Alcanza 26 metros de altura y 15 de ancho. La estatua del arcángel sometiendo al Demonio es obra de Francisque Duret. En la parte baja, dos dragones, realizados por Henri-Alfred Jacquemart, escupen agua a un estanque situado a los pies de la escalinata que lleva hasta el pedestal de la escultura principal. La decoración de la fuente se completa con cuatro estatuas de bronce situadas sobre otras tantas columnas corintias adosadas de mármol rojo del Languedoc que representan a las cuatro virtudes cardinales: la templanza (de Charles Gumery), la justicia (de Louis Valentin Robert), la prudencia (de Jean Auguste Barre) y la fortaleza (de Eugène Guillaume). Por último en la parte superior, se sitúa un panel de mármol verde con una inscripción que conmemora el edificio, rodeado por dos pilastras de apoyo, rematados en su cúspide por un frontón roto que muestra el escudo de armas del emperador.

Square du Vert-Galant
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris, France

<>

Place Joachim-du-Bellay
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place Joachim du Bellay
Paris, France 75001

La place Joachim-du-Bellay est une voie du arrondissement de Paris, en France.HistoireLa place Joachim-du-Bellay occupe l'emplacement de l'ancien cimetière des Innocents, le principal cimetière à l'intérieur de la ville de Paris du Moyen Âge jusqu'à la fin du. Après le déménagement de la majorité des ossements aux catacombes en 1786, le site devient la « place du marché des Innocents », au milieu duquel est installée la Fontaine des Innocents. Finalement, en 1856 le marché devient un square.AccèsLes stations et gare les plus proches sont : Châtelet - Les Halles ; Les Halles ; Châtelet.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II is the official name of the square consisting of the parvise of Notre Dame de Paris on the Île de la Cité. It was known simply as the place du Parvis-Notre-Dame until 2006 when it was renamed in honour of Pope John Paul II who died in 2005. The change generated controversy.The parvis was originally much smaller and its current shape dates back to the extensive urban renewal plans of Baron Haussmann during the Second French Empire.The square is also the location of France's Kilometre Zero which is indicated by a stone of the parvis.

Square Louvois
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
69 bis rue de Richelieu
Paris, France 75002

<>

Notre hôtel ouvrira ses portes en Juin 2016 au cœur de Paris, dans le 2ème arrondissement. Plus d'informations à venir très vite ! Opening on June 2016.

Region Near Place du Châtelet

Place des Vosges
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
14 Place des Vosges
Paris, France 75004

L'ancienne place Royale de Paris, rebaptisée place des Vosges en 1800, est une place du Marais, faisant partie des 3e arrondissement de Paris et 4e arrondissement de Paris arrondissements parisiens. Conçue par Louis Métezeau, elle est la « sœur » de la place Ducale de Charleville-Mézières. C'est la place la plus ancienne de Paris, juste avant la place Dauphine.La place fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Elle est réputée pour être le lieu de résidence de plusieurs personnalités issues du monde politique, artistique ou médiatique.HistoireLe 20 juin 1559, près de l'actuelle Place des Vosges, célébrant le mariage de sa fille (Élisabeth) avec Philippe II d'Espagne, Henri II de France combat contre Gabriel de Montgomery, capitaine de sa Garde écossaise, qui le blesse d'un coup de lance dans l'œil. Malgré les soins des médecins et chirurgiens royaux dont Ambroise Paré, autorisé à reproduire la blessure sur des condamnés fraîchement décapités afin de mieux la soigner, et de Vésale, envoyé de Bruxelles, il meurt dans d'atroces souffrances le 10 juillet 1559.

La Grande Roue - Place De La Condorde - Paris -France
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75008

+33 1 44 90 75 08

Place du Panthéon
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
5 place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

Place du Panthéon () is a square in Paris. It is located in the Latin Quarter, in the 5th arrondissement. It is named after the Panthéon.

Boulevard de Strasbourg
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard de Strasbourg
Paris, France

<>

Archives nationales (France)
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
59, rue Guynemer
Paris, France 93383

Site de Pierrefitte-sur-Seine 01 75 47 20 00 /Site de Paris : 01 40 27 60 00 /Site de Fontainebleau : 01 64 31 73 00

Les sites de Paris et Pierrefitte-sur-Seine sont ouverts du lundi au samedi de 9h à 16h45 http://www.archives-nationales.culture.gouv.fr/sia/web/guest/informations-pratiques Les Archives nationales conservent les archives des services de l’État depuis le Moyen Age, ainsi que le minutier central des notaires de Paris et de nombreux fonds d'origine privée. Les Archives nationales dépendent du ministère de la Culture et de la Communication. Depuis le 1er janvier 2007, elles constituent un service à compétence nationale sur trois sites (Paris, Fontainebleau et de Pierrefitte-sur-Seine). Certains fonds d'intérêt national sont conservés dans deux autres services : les Archives nationales d'outre-mer à Aix-en-Provence (archives des colonies) et les Archives nationales du monde du travail à Roubaix (archives privées d'entreprises et d'associations).

Boulevard Saint-Michel
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Le boulevard Saint-Michel est une voie de Paris, à la frontière entre les 5 et arrondissements, qui s'étend du pont Saint-Michel à l'avenue de l'Observatoire. Il est appelé familièrement « Boul’Mich’ », par contraction du nom laïque « boulevard Michel » qui lui fut jadis conféré par des étudiants anticléricaux.HistoireLe boulevard Saint-Michel fut percé suivant les directives du baron Haussmann au, parallèlement à la rue Saint-Jacques qui marque l'axe nord-sud historique. Il fut ouvert en deux étapes, initialement en 1855 de la place Saint-Michel à la rue Cujas, puis en 1859 au delà de cette rue. Elle entraîne la disparition partielle ou complète d'un certain nombre de rues existantes, telles la rue Mâcon, la rue Poupée et la rue Percée-Saint-André.Il constituait, avec le boulevard de Sébastopol, le nouveau grand axe Nord-Sud de la capitale et fut tout d'abord appelé « boulevard de Sébastopol rive gauche » avant de changer de nom en 1864.L'Hôtel des Étrangers fut le lieu de réunion du Cercle des poètes Zutiques.

Lavinia France
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
3 boulevard de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75001

01 42 97 20 20

Venez nous rendre visite : * Magasin ouvert du lundi au samedi de 10h à 20h30 pour la Madeleine et 10h à 20h pour le CNIT http://bit.ly/1JGUSYD * "Restaurant des vins" ouvert - Service continu de 12h à 21h pour la Madeleine et 12h à 15h puis 15h à 20h en Bar à Vins pour le CNIT http://bit.ly/X7C9ku Contactez nous : LAVINIA 3, Boulevard de la Madeleine Paris, France 75001 * 01 42 97 20 20 * laviniafrance@lavinia.com LAVINIA La Défense Centre Commercial le CNIT 2, Place de la Défense 92800 Puteaux * 01 40 90 43 21 * laviniacnit@lavinia.com

Tour Eiffel , Quai Branly , Paris , France
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

<>

Latin St Germain
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
92 boulevard saint germain
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 34 44

Espace saint Martin
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
199bis rue Saint-Martin
Paris, France 75003

01 44 54 38 54

Igreja De Notre Dame
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France

<>

Saint-Louis-en-l'Île
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
19 Rue Saint Louis en l'Ile
Paris, France 75004

The Saint-Louis-en-l'Île Church, is a Catholic church located on Île Saint-Louis in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, France.HistoryConstruction of the church began in 1664. It replaced an earlier church which was built in 1622, and the church was completed in 1675.

Portugal
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Paradis
Paris, France

<>

Mabillon
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
164 Boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, France 75006

+33 (0)1 43 26 62 93

Mabillon is a station on line 10 of the Paris Metro in the heart of the Left Bank and the 6th arrondissement.The station opened on 10 March 1925 as part of the line's extension from Croix Rouge (a station between Sèvres - Babylone and Mabillon, which was closed during World War II). It was the eastern teminus of the line until its extension to Odéon on 14 April 1926. It is named after the nearby street, Rue Mabillon, which in turn is named after Jean Mabillon (1632–1707), a Benedictine monk and scholar, considered the founder of palaeography and diplomatics, who died nearby.The station is close to Saint-Germain-des-Prés on Paris Métro Line 4, but there is no free transfer between the two stations.

Boulevard de la Madeleine
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75001

Ce site est desservi par les stations de métro Opéra et Madeleine.Le boulevard de la Madeleine est un des grands boulevards de Paris, et fait partie de la chaîne constituée d'ouest en est par les boulevards de la Madeleine, des Capucines, des Italiens et Montmartre.Origine du nomLe boulevard doit son nom à l'église de la Madeleine toute proche.Bâtiments remarquables, et lieux de mémoire ' : Ici se trouvait dans les années 1920, la Galerie Adolphe Le Goupy. ' : à l'entresol de l'immeuble, mourut Alphonsine Plessis (dite Marie Duplessis) rendue célèbre par Alexandre Dumas fils, sous le nom de La Dame aux camélias et par Giuseppe Verdi dans son opéra la Traviata. ' : Hôtel de la Compagnie des messageries maritimes. D'inspiration classique, élevé par l‘architecte J. de Saint-Maurice et les ingénieurs constructeurs Lugagne et de Bouillanne en 1916, l'ancien siège de la Compagnie des Messageries Maritimes est un grand immeuble, entre le boulevard et la rue de Sèze, les rues Vignon (22 fenêtres en façade) et Godot-de-Mauroy. Ses murs conservent des sculptures et bas relief maritimes. Le transfert du siège des Messageries Maritimes du Boulevard de la Madeleine à Paris à la Tour Winterthur à La Défense a eu lieu en 1975. ' : Emplacement de la Galerie Bernheim-Jeune à partir de 1906 à 1925

Jardins de las Tuileries, Paris
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Ledru-Rollin
Paris, France

<>

Métro - Hôtel de Ville
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Métro - Hôtel de Ville
Paris, France

<>

Cap rouge rue Mouffetard
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
23 rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

01 47 07 61 02

Maubert-Mutualité
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Line 10
Paris, France 75005

Maubert–Mutualité is a station on line 10 of the Paris Metro in the 5th arrondissement. It is in the heart of the Latin Quarter and Paris' Left Bank.The station is covered in white tiles like most other stations of the Métro, and uses a barrel vault that runs lengthwise over the tracks and platform. However, it is unique in that near the center of the platform two parallel tubes of moving orange lights trace the curve of the vaulted ceiling over the tracks from one side to the other.The station was opened on 15 February 1930 with the extension of line 10 from Odéon to Place d'Italie (now on line 7). It is named after the Place Maubert (Maubert square) and the nearby Maison de la Mutualité.

The Pantheon Paris France
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

<>

Local Business Near Place du Châtelet

Diable des Lombards
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
64 rue des Lombards
Paris, France 75001

0142338184

Flam's Chatelet
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
62 rue des Lombards
Paris, France 75001

Tropic Café
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
66 rue des Lombards
Paris, France 75001

01 40 13 92 62

Sunset/Sunside Jazz Club
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
60 rue des Lombards
Paris, France 75001

+33 (0)1 40 26 84 41

Le Labo
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
37 rue des lombards
Paris, France 75001

01 40 28 02 52

Jardin De Tuillerie
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Le Baiser Salé - Jazz Club
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
58 Rue des Lombards
Paris, France 75001

01 42 33 37 71

Le BEHO
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
8, Place Saint-Opportune
Paris, France 75001

0153408156

Place Saint Opportune
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Opportune
Paris, France 75001

<>

Foot Locker
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
45, Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

Ile Sushi
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
21 rue saint-denis
Paris, France 75001

0144829863

La Cantine Afro Cubaine
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
41 Rue Saint-Denis
Paris, France 75001

Café Coeur Couronne
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
6 Rue de la Ferronnerie
Paris, France 75001

Kookaï
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
8 Place Ste Opportune
Paris, France 75001

01 42 21 32 83

Hippopotamus Paris 1er Chatelet
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
30 rue St Denis
Paris, France 75001

01 40 26 82 80

Plus qu’un simple métier, la recherche de viandes de qualité est pour Hippopotamus une passion qui dure depuis 40 ans. Depuis l’ouverture de son premier restaurant-grill en 1968, Hippo n’a cessé de s’affirmer comme LE spécialiste de la viande.

Le Blok
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
23 bis rue des lombards
Paris, France 75001

+33143318661

Guinness Tavern
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
31 rue des Lombards
Paris, France 75001

0142332645

Au cœur du vieux Paris historique, dans une rue réputée pour ses clubs de jazz, l’établissement, avec sa façade de pub irlandais, fait un peu figure de village gaulois ! Mais ici, la potion officielle est la Guinness venue de Dublin et, outre quelques rendez-vous celtiques, on y célèbre essentiellement les musiques nées de l’autre côté de l’Atlantique. Depuis trois décennies, la Guinness Tavern s’est imposée comme l’un des seuls lieux où l’on peut écouter des concerts rock en live jusqu’au petit matin puisque les musiciens débranchent leurs instruments à 4 heures en semaine, et à 5 heures le week-end. Au bar, pas moins de 16 bières à la pression sont proposées aux amateurs.

Magic Circus
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
44 RUE DES LOMBARDS
Paris, France 75001

Boutique Unkut : Chatelet
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
31, rue de la Ferronnerie
Paris, France 75001

Citadines Apart Hotel Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
4 rue des Innocents
Paris, France 75001