Il y a tellement à voir et à faire à la tour Eiffel ! Flâner au 1er étage, contempler Paris au 2ème, et faire le plein de sensations au sommet.
Faites de votre expérience sur la Tour un instant unique à partager entre amis ou en famille !
Retrouvez nos suggestions pour enrichir votre visite sur notre site officiel : http://www.tour-eiffel.fr
Emportez toute la tour Eiffel dans votre smartphone grâce à notre guide de visite disponible sur :
- l'AppStore : https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/tour-eiffel-guide-officiel/id484086108
- Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.sete.Eiffel_fr
Réservez une table dans l'un des restaurants de la tour Eiffel : http://www.restaurants-toureiffel.com
There is so much to see and do at the Eiffel Tower! Wander on the 1st floor, contemplate Paris from the 2nd floor and experience new sensations at the top.
Make your experience on the Tower a unique moment to share with friends and family!
Find our suggestions to enhance your visit on our official website: http://www.tour-eiffel.fr
Take all the Eiffel Tower in your smartphone thanks to our visit guide available at:
- the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/tour-eiffel-guide-officiel/id484086108
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.sete.Eiffel_fr
Book a table in one of the restaurants of the Eiffel Tower: http://www.restaurants-toureiffel.com
Pont d'Iéna is a bridge spanning the River Seine in Paris. It links the Eiffel Tower on the Left Bank to the district of Trocadéro on the Right Bank.HistoryIn 1807, Napoléon I ordered, by an imperial decree issued in Warsaw, the construction of a bridge overlooking the Military School, and named the bridge after his victory in 1806 at the Battle of Jena, disregarding names considered previously: pont du Champ-de-Mars and pont de l'École militaire. Prussian General Blücher wanted to destroy the bridge before the Battle of Paris in 1814, but was persuaded not to by the Allied forces. Blücher had been present at the humiliating defeat of the Prussians by Napoleon at the Battle of Jena, where approximately 28,000 Prussians were killed to France's 2,480, after which Prussia was occupied by France.The structure was designed with five arches, each with an arc length of 28 m, and four intermediate piers. The initial construction, the cost of which was enormous at the time, was fully financed by the State and spanned six years from 1808 to 1814.The tympana along the sides of the bridge had been originally decorated with imperial eagles conceptualized by François-Frédéric Lemot and sculpted by Jean-François Mouret. The eagles were replaced with the royal letter "L" soon after the fall of the First Empire in 1815 but in 1852, when Napoléon III ascended the throne of the Second Empire, new imperial eagles, this time by the chisel of Antoine-Louis Barye, replaced the royal "L".
Au cœur du Paris des musées, voisin du Louvre et du musée d’Orsay, à quelques minutes des Grand et Petit Palais, du Palais de Tokyo et du musée d’art moderne de la Ville de Paris, le musée du quai Branly occupe un site exceptionnel sur les rives de la Seine, au pied de la tour Eiffel. Les arts d’Afrique, d’Océanie, d’Asie et d’Amérique s’inscrivent dorénavant au centre du grand circuit historique et artistique de la capitale. Le musée du quai Branly est un établissement culturel novateur : à la fois musée, centre d’enseignement et de recherche, et espace à vivre pour les publics. Construit sur l’un des derniers terrains disponibles au cœur de Paris, le concept architectural de ce projet original est signé par Jean Nouvel.
Charles de Gaulle – ÉtoileDistance: 1.4 miTourist Information Place Charles de Gaulle Paris, France
Charles de Gaulle – Étoile is a station on Paris Métro Line 1 and of the RER urban rail network. It lies on the boundary of the 8th, 16th, and 17th arrondissements of Paris. Originally called simply Étoile, after its location at Place de l'Étoile, it took on the additional name of President Charles de Gaulle from 1970.The platforms are built beneath Place de l'Étoile, which is situated at the end of the Avenue des Champs-Élysées. The Arc de Triomphe is in the centre of the Place. Lines 1 and 2 have two side platforms each, while the terminus on Line 6 is a single track with two platforms situated in a loop; passengers alight on the left platform and board on the right. Trains depart immediately from this station and make a longer stop at Kléber.HistoryAlthough Line 1 had opened on 19 July 1900, Étoile station only opened on 1 September that year, being followed quickly by the Line 6 station and the line 2 station . The RER line A station, 30 m deeper, opened on 21 February 1970, initially as the terminus of a shuttle from La Défense. After the death of Charles de Gaulle on 13 November 1970, Place de l'Étoile was renamed Place Charles de Gaulle and the station was renamed as Charles de Gaulle – Étoile. The RER was extended to Auber on 23 November 1971.
Élysée PalaceDistance: 1.3 miTourist Information 55 rue du Faubourg St-Honoré Paris, France 75008
The Élysée Palace has been the official residence of the President of the French Republic since 1848. Dating to the early 18th century, it contains the office of the President and the meeting place of the Council of Ministers. It is located near the Champs-Élysées in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, the name Élysée deriving from Elysian Fields, the place of the blessed dead in Greek mythology.Important foreign visitors are hosted at the nearby Hôtel de Marigny, a palatial residence.HistoryThe architect Armand-Claude Molet possessed a property fronting on the road to the village of Roule, west of Paris (now the Rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré), and backing onto royal property, the Grand Cours through the Champs-Élysées. He sold this in 1718 to Louis Henri de La Tour d'Auvergne, Count of Évreux (families: Dukes and Princes of Bouillon and Sedan: La Marck | von der Marck), with the agreement that Mollet would construct an hôtel particulier for the count, fronted by an entrance court and backed by a garden. The Hôtel d'Évreux was finished and decorated by 1722, and though it has undergone many modifications since, it remains a fine example of the French classical style. At the time of his death in 1753, Évreux was the owner of one of the most widely admired houses in Paris, and it was bought by King Louis XV as a residence for the Marquise de Pompadour, his mistress. Opponents showed their distaste for the regime by hanging signs on the gates that read: "Home of the King's whore". After her death, it reverted to the crown.
The Pont du Carrousel is a bridge in Paris, which spans the River Seine between the Quai des Tuileries and the Quai Voltaire.HistoryBegun in 1831 in the prolongation of the rue des Saints-Pères on the Left Bank, the original bridge was known under that name until its inauguration, in 1834, when king Louis-Philippe named it Pont du Carrousel, because it opened on the Right Bank river frontage of the Palais du Louvre near the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel in front of the Tuileries.The bridge's architect, Antoine-Rémy Polonceau, succeeded in a design that was innovative in several aspects. For one thing, the new structure was an arch bridge, during a period when most bridge construction had turned to suspension bridges; the necessary towers and cables would have been considered unacceptable additions to the Parisian scenery. The structure combined the relatively new material of cast iron with timber. Its graduated cast-iron circular supports were quickly dubbed "napkin rings" (ronds de serviette). At each corner of the bridge were erected classic style stone allegorical sculptures by Louis Petitot, which remain in situ. They represent Industry, Abundance, The City of Paris and The Seine.
Le Mix, Montparnasse Paris, 15emeDistance: 1.3 miTourist Information 24 rue de l'Arrivée Paris, France 75015
George V (Paris Métro)Distance: 1.2 miTourist Information 130 avenue des Champs-Élysées Paris, France 75008
George V is a station on line 1 of the Paris Métro, under the Champs-Élysées.The station was opened on 13 August 1900, almost a month after trains began running on the original section of line 1 between Porte de Vincennes and Porte Maillot on 19 July 1900.It was originally called Alma, after the nearby street named in honour of the Battle of Alma in the Crimean War. On 27 May 1920 the street and station were renamed after George V in appreciation of the United Kingdom's support for France during World War I.The station entrance is located between Rue de Bassano and Avenue George V on the Champs-Élysées.