9 S Bolton Gardens London, United Kingdom SW10 9 020 7341 2600
The Boltons is a street located in the Brompton district of the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, London, England (postcode SW10). The street is divided into two crescents to the west and east with large expensive houses and communal gardens in the centre.To the northwest via Boltons Place is Old Brompton Road and to the southeast via Gilston Road is Fulham Road. To the west are Redcliffe Square and Redcliffe Gardens.St Mary the Boltons church is located here.American actor Douglas Fairbanks Jr lived at number 28 The Boltons in the 1950s. Novelist and former politician Jeffrey Archer lived at number 24a in the mid 1970s.For some 15 years after WWII, "going to the Boltons" meant to Chelsea dwellers going to school. Indeed, on either side of Boltons Place were two educational establishments, Virgo fidelis, RC Junior Girls School and the state primary Bousfield School, which survives still. 29 The Boltons, on the junction of Tregunter and Gilston Roads, housed the infants' reception and two primary classes with a garden play area, as part of the nearby Lycée Français de Londres. Once the main school in South Kensington had sufficiently expanded in the late 1950s, the classes were moved there. The French Lycée was later renamed Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle.
The RAF's Air Cadets is one of the country's premier youth organizations and the world's largest youth air training organization, supported by thousands of dedicated volunteer staff.
The Air Cadets Organization (ACO) is a national volunteer youth organization within the Training Group that is part public funded and part self-funded. The organization comprises the Air Training Corps (ATC), sponsored by the Royal Air Force, and the Royal Air Force Sections of the Combined Cadet Force (CCF). From units spread throughout the country the organization draws its male and female cadet membership from all social and ethnic backgrounds.
The mission of the ACO is to be a modern, dynamic, sustainable air-minded youth organization of choice that offers fun and challenging opportunities.
The ATC was formed in 1941 by Royal Warrant and last amended in Feb 1990; the Air Commodore-in-Chief is HRH The Duke of Edinburgh.
Walham Green is an area located on the border of Fulham and Chelsea, south-west London, United Kingdom. To the south is Parsons Green, south-west Fulham, north West Kensington, north-east West Brompton, east Chelsea and south-east is Sands End. As a separate place-name it is nowadays rarely used, with most considering it part of Fulham.Within the area is the stadium of Stamford Bridge, home of Chelsea F.C.Fulham BroadwayFulham Broadway is a famous street within the area although it is often used to name the area in the immediate vicinity of the street and the station. From 1880-1952, Fulham Broadway underground station was called Walham Green. The station itself is now set inside Fulham Broadway shopping centre.However the modern name of Walham Green is now known as the Moore Park Estate, regarded as one of the most desirable parts of Fulham to own a property. Houses are frequently sold at well above the million threshold with investment from city professionals. Many property developments and refurbishments often take place.Some of the roads included in the conservation area include:Moore Park Road, Holmead Road, Rumbold Road, Maxwell Road, Brittania Road, Waterford Road, Fulham Broadway, Kings Road and Fulham Road
Carlyle's House, in the district of Chelsea, in central London, England, was the home acquired by the historian and philosopher Thomas Carlyle and his wife Jane Welsh Carlyle, after having lived at Craigenputtock in Dumfriesshire, Scotland. She was a prominent woman of letters, for nearly half a century. The building dates from 1708 and is at No. 24 Cheyne Row (No. 5 at Carlyle's time); the house is now owned by the National Trust.The house is a typical Georgian terraced house, a modestly comfortable home where the Carlyles lived with one servant and Jane's dog, Nero. The house was opened to the public in 1895, just fourteen years after Carlyle's death. It is preserved very much as it was when the Carlyles lived there despite another resident moving in after them with her scores of cats and dogs. It is a good example of a middle class Victorian home due to the efforts of devotees tracking down much of the original furniture owned by the Carlyles. It contains some of the Carlyles' books (many on permanent loan from the London Library, which was established by Carlyle), pictures and personal possessions, together with collections of portraits by artist such as James Abbott McNeill Whistler and Helen Allingham and memorabilia assembled by their admirers.
Redcliffe Square is a town square located in the Chelsea area of southwest central London, England (postcode SW10). Redcliffe Square Gardens are located in the square.Redcliffe Gardens runs northwest–southeast through the square. To the east is The Boltons. To the southwest is Brompton Cemetery.HistoryRedcliffe Square was built as part of the Gunter estate in the 1860s. The area was dominated by farmland prior to building development and Redcliffe Gardens used to be one of the old routes through the area, called Walnut Tree Walk, until the estate was laid out. Robert Gunter initiated most of the development of the estate, and much of the design was by his surveyor George Godwin working with his brother Henry. The name Redcliffe was chosen due to Godwin's connections with Bristol.This square was given to the Borough for free in 1949 providing its character was maintained.
The High Commission of Dominica in London is the diplomatic mission of Dominica in the United Kingdom. It shares the building with the High Commission of Saint Lucia.Gallery File:High_Commission_of_Dominica_in_London_2.jpg|Plaque outside the High commission depicting the Coat of arms of Dominica External links Official site
Glendower Preparatory School is an independent preparatory school in South Kensington, London for girls aged 4 to 11.HistoryGlendower Prep was founded in 1895 by Miss Lloyd and Miss Cornwall at 103A Fulham Road and was originally called "Cornwall and Lloyd School". The school shared premises with Dunn and Co the hatters and The Sports Motor Car Co.At some point between 1902 and 1918, the school moved to 5 Glendower Road and changed its name to Glendower School. After 2 years in Glendower Road, the school relocated to 25 - 27 Cromwell Road.The school remained at this site from 1920 until 1939 when the Second World War forced an evacuation to Cornwall. Glendower moved into 87 Queen's Gate in 1947 where it has remained with some extension and expansion until the present day.the headmistress is Sarah Knollys.Notable former pupilsGayatri Devi of JaipurPatricia FordCarmen Ejogo
The Embassy of the Republic of Yemen in London is the diplomatic mission of Yemen in the United Kingdom. The embassy occupies a five-storey nineteenth-century house opposite the Natural History Museum.
Baden-Powell House, colloquially known as B-P House, is a Scouting hostel and conference centre in South Kensington, London, which was built as a tribute to Lord Baden-Powell, the founder of Scouting. The house, owned by The Scout Association, hosts a small exhibition relating to Scouting in its current form and a granite statue by Don Potter.The building committee, chaired by Sir Harold Gillett, Lord Mayor of London, purchased the site in 1956, and assigned Ralph Tubbs to design the house in the modern architectural style. The foundation stone was laid in 1959 by World Chief Guide Olave, Lady Baden-Powell, and it was opened in 1961 by Queen Elizabeth II. The largest part of the £400,000 cost was provided by the Scout Movement itself. Over the years, the house has been refurbished several times, so that it now provides modern and affordable lodging for Scouts, Guides, their families and the general public staying in London. The building also hosts conference and event space for hire.HistoryActing on a 1942 initiative by Chief Scout Lord Somers, a formal Baden-Powell House Committee was established by The Scout Association in 1953 under the direction of Sir Harold Gillett, later Lord Mayor of London. The committee's directive was to build a hostel to provide Scouts a place to stay at reasonable cost while visiting London. For this purpose, in 1956 the committee purchased a bombed-out property at the intersection of Cromwell Road and Queen's Gate at a cost of £39,000.
Ognisko Polskie was founded to maintain the cohesion of the free Polish community in exile in the United Kingdom during the Second World War. It has served since to provide a home for Poles to meet and build friendships, as a place where Polish culture and history is kept alive and Polish identity and independence maintained.
In the 21st century Ognisko Polskie aims to continue to be a Centre of Polish life in the United Kingdom, where members can maintain and strengthen their relations with each other and the wider community, promote Polish culture through hosting events, supporting education and arts and providing a place where Polish generosity and warmth can be extended to all.
We are pleased to announce that Ognisko Polskie will develop a national Centre of Excellence to initiate, promote, implement and support the activities in the field of Culture and the Arts.
We will hold exhibitions, meetings, lectures, classes and seminars both alone or with others. We will gather artists, critics, art lovers, representatives of the academic world and of those working in the cultural sphere both in UK and abroad.
Our restaurant reopened and created by Jan Korybut Woroniecki is open since 18th September 2013.
Cover photo by Marek Abramowicz.
The Embassy of Thailand in London is the diplomatic mission of Thailand in the United Kingdom. It has been located at its current address since 1965. The building is one of a group of Grade II listed buildings in Queen's Gate, which includes the Bangladesh High Commission next door.Thailand also maintains an Office of the Air Attaché at 2 Victoria Road, South Kensington, an Office of Commercial Attaché at 11 Hertford Street, Mayfair and an Office of Educational Attaché at 28 Prince's Gate, South Kensington. The Ambassador's Residence is located in a separate building on Tregunter Road, Brompton.
Welcome to the Nando’s High Street Kensington (London) official Facebook page - home of the legendary Portuguese flame-grilled PERi-PERi Chicken.
Watch this space for all the latest PERi-PERi news and adventures. Need help? Feel free to message us or comment on our wall and we’ll get back to you.
Handy stuff: As well as all the good stuff, we wanted to say that we won’t tolerate any bad stuff, like rude language, offensive images, abuse of other community members and anything that may breach Facebook’s T&Cs. That means that any offensive posts will be removed without notice. If you’re interested in more info you can find answers to some of our most frequent questions right here >> http://www.nandos.co.uk/faq
Holy Trinity Church, South Kensington, is an Anglican church located on Prince Consort Road in the City of Westminster, London, England. The current building dates from 1901 and was built by George Frederick Bodley and Cecil Greenwood Hare.Edward Ashmore (British Army officer) and Gilbert Spencer were both married in the church.
The Wine Cellars are a one of a kind facility within the U.K. Offering secure, climate controlled wine storage while giving you all year round access to your wine.
As well as storing wine we have one of London's most knowledgeable and active wine communities. With private tastings and professional courses available in the tasting rooms and run in conjunction with West London Wine School
Crowne Plaza London - Battersea, a luxury boutique hotel located on the River Thames, is the smart choice for your London stay. Offering all the facilities you would expect from a deluxe Central London hotel, but located just outside the hustle and bustle of the city centre means we can offer so much more for so much less. After a hard days’ work, relax in our exceptionally spacious rooms, indulge in our award winning Spa, or just simply unwind with a glass of wine on our terrace and watch the sun set over the River Thames. If you are looking for a meeting venue or somewhere to hold a special event, our unique event spaces with floor to ceiling windows maximise natural light and offer stunning views of the River Thames, a rarity in London.
Easily accessible, located just outside the congestion zone with ample onsite parking , and with complimentary shuttle services to Sloane Square and Clapham Junction Station with trains every few minutes take you to the heart of London in under 10 minutes, Crowne Plaza London - Battersea is the hidden gem that enables you to save on rate without compromising on luxury on your stay in London.
“Crowne Plaza is a registered trademark of InterContinental Hotels Group.