EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Fontaine Saint-Michel, Paris | Tourist Information



Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

<>

The Fontaine Saint-Michel is a monumental fountain located in Place Saint-Michel in the 5th arrondissement in Paris. It was constructed in 1858–1860 during the French Second Empire by the architect Gabriel Davioud.HistoryThe fontaine Saint-Michel was part of the great project for the reconstruction of Paris overseen by Baron Haussmann during the French Second Empire. In 1855 Haussmann completed an enormous new boulevard, originally called boulevard de Sébastopol-rive-gauche, now called Boulevard Saint-Michel, which opened up the small place Pont-Saint-Michel into a much larger space. Haussmann asked the architect of the service of promenades and plantations of the prefecture, Gabriel Davioud, to design a fountain which would be appropriate in scale to the new square. As the architect of the prefecture, he was able to design not only the fountain but also the facades of the new buildings around it, giving coherence to the square, but he also had to deal with the demands of the prefet and city administration, which was paying for the project.Davioud's original project was for a fountain dedicated to peace, located in the center of the square. The prefect authorities rejected this idea and asked him instead to build a fountain to hide the end wall of the building at the corner of boulevard Saint-Michel and Saint-André des Arts. This forced Davioud to adapt his plan to the proportions of that building.

Arts and Entertainment Near Fontaine Saint-Michel

Notre Dame - Saint Michel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
rue du Cloître de Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

0699116498

Effil Tower
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, France 75007

Notre-Dame de Paris 2013
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6 place du Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le 850e anniversaire de Notre-Dame de Paris s’ouvrira le 12 décembre 2012 et se poursuivra jusqu’au 24 novembre 2013. 850 ans d’Histoire, d’Art, de Spiritualité au cœur de la Cité qui seront célébrés au cours de cette année marquée par de nombreuses festivités, cérémonies et actions de grâces ainsi que par de grandes réalisations culturelles, dont certaines s’inscriront en droite ligne des bâtisseurs de cathédrales.

La Nouvelle Seine
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Sur Berges, Face au 3 quai de Montebello
Paris, France 75005

0143540808

L'Urgence Bar
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
45 rue Monsieur le Prince
Paris, France 75006

01 43 26 45 99

Odéon - Théâtre de l'Europe
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Odéon
Paris, France 75006

01 44 85 40 40

Abonnés à l'Odéon ? Découvrez vos avantages sur notre page "Les Partenariats de l'Odéon" : http://www.facebook.com/LOdeonDesPartenariats

Starbucks Coffee Odéon
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
91, Boulevard Saint Germain
Paris, France 75006

01 46 34 52 68

Odéon
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Odéon, Paris.
Paris, France 75006

<>

Odéon is a station on lines 4 and 10 of the Paris Métro in the 6th arrondissement in the heart of the Left Bank.The station was opened on 9 January 1910 as part of the connecting section of the line under the Seine between Châtelet and Raspail. The line 10 platforms opened on 14 April 1926 as part of the line's extension from Mabillon. It was the eastern terminus of the line until its extension to Place d'Italie (now on line 7) on 15 February 1930. Named after the nearby Odéon theatre, the station is located under the Carrefour de l'Odéon, in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. The platforms on Line 4 were opened on 9 January 1910 and the platforms on Line 10 were opened on 14 February 1926.The Luxembourg Palace is nearby.

Le Wagg
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
62 rue mazarine
Paris, France 75006

0155422201

L'Avant-Comptoir Odéon
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
9 Carrefour de l'Odeon 75006 Paris
Paris, France 75006

08 26 10 10 87

Rocky Horror Picture Show
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
42, rue Galande
Paris, France 75005

Les Quatre Vents
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
18 rue des Quatres Vents
Paris, France 75006

06 19 24 51 98

Bienvenue sur le site du club privé les Quatre Vents, un lieu unique à Paris 6ème. Le club Les Quatre Vents est situé dans le quartier tant apprécié des parisiens et des étrangers de passage : le 6ème arrondissement, près du métro Odéon, à deux pas du Boulevard Saint Germain. ENVIRONNEMENT Qualité d’accueil, aspect lounge et cosy, sous de magnifiques caves voûtées aménagées en espace de réception en plein quartier latin. Pour l'ensemble de vos évènements d'ordre privé (anniversaire, mariage, cocktail dînatoire, soirée à thèmes ...) ou professionnel (speed dating, soirée CE, lancement de produit, défilé de mode, soirée de gala...) vous pouvez privatiser le Club Les 4 Vents. Infoline : 06 88 92 76 55 [email protected] CAPACITÉ Un espace de 200 m² pouvant accueillir 200 personnes en soirée. PRÉSENTATION Le club privé Les Quatre Vents est ouvert au public du jeudi au dimanche en soirée. Possibilité de privatisation totale toute la semaine, les après-midi ou en début de soirée. Possibilité de privatisation partielle le samedi soir. HÉBERGEMENT Hôtels à proximité

Théâtre de Nesle
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Nesle
Paris, France 75006

01 46 34 61 04

Drumming Lab
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
9 rue de l'éperon
Paris, France 75006

+33 (0) 9 67 08 35 14

Bistrot de la Huchette
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
27, rue de la Huchette
Paris, France 75005

01 53 10 83 26

Club Les 4 Vents
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
18 rue des quatre vents
Paris, France 75006

Rue de la Huchette
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue de la Huchette
Paris, France 75005

The rue de la Huchette is one of the oldest streets running along the Rive Gauche in Paris. Running eastward just below the Seine river from the Place Saint-Michel, it is today an animated Latin Quarter artery with one of the highest concentrations of restaurants in the city — Greek specialties predominating. It is situated between Boulevard Saint-Michel and Rue Saint-Jacques and faces the cathedral of Notre-Dame de Paris. This almost exclusively pedestrian street is very popular with tourists. Disdained by some guidebooks as "Bacteria Alley", the street nevertheless has an intense night life with no less than four pubs and several bars.HistoryThe rue de la Huchette existed as early as 1200 as the rue de Laas, a road running adjacent to a walled vineyard property known then as the clos du Laas. The property was sold and divided for urban development in the early 13th century, grew many noble properties in the centuries following, but from the 17th century the rue de la Huchette was known mostly for its taverns and rotisseries ("meat-roasters").The inhabitants of the rue de la Huchette in the period leading up to the Second World War are portrayed in Elliot Paul's book The Last Time I Saw Paris (1942). The period after the Second World War is covered in Paul's book Springtime in Paris (1950).

Les Bouquinistes de Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
2 quai Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Bienvenus sur la page officielle de l'association culturelle des bouquinistes de Paris. 230 bouquinistes des quais de Seine,

Omantra
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
quartier latin
Paris, France 75006

Rue de l'Odéon
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Rue de l'Odéon
Paris, France 75006

The rue de l'Odéon is a street in the Odéon quarter of the 6th arrondissement of Paris on the Left Bank. Because of the presence of two bohemian bookstores, run respectively by Adrienne Monnier and Sylvia Beach, and the coterie of emergent Anglophone writers surrounding them, James Joyce nicknamed it "Stratford-on-Odéon". Monnier and Beach thought of it as Odéonia.HistoryThis street was constructed from 1780 onwards following letters patent of 10 August 1779 to establish the Théâtre-Français du faubourg Saint-Germain (now the Odéon-Théâtre de l'Europe).

Historical Place Near Fontaine Saint-Michel

Musée du Louvre
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

0033 (0) 1 40 20 53 17

Le musée du Louvre est fermé tous les mardis, le 1er janvier, le 1er mai et le 25 décembre. Trente-cinq mille œuvres à voir et à revoir, une dizaine d’expositions, des ateliers, des visites, des conférences, des rencontres, des films, des lectures, de la musique, des spectacles… Une invitation à la découverte et à la connaissance pour tous les publics. Le Louvre et Vous : http://crm.e-deal.net/gerico/louvre_profile_edit.fl Gérez vos abonnements aux lettres électroniques du musée du Louvre et recevez de l'information en fonction de vos centres d'intérêt.

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6, Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75015

+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

Pont des Arts
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

The Pont des Arts or Passerelle des Arts is a pedestrian bridge in Paris which crosses the River Seine. It links the Institut de France and the central square reported several deficiencies on the bridge. More specifically, he noted the damage that had been caused by two aerial bombardments sustained during World War I and World War II and the harm done from the multiple collisions caused by boats. The bridge would be closed to circulation in 1977 and, in 1979, suffered a 60-metre collapse after a barge rammed into it.The present bridge was built between 1981 and 1984 "identically" according to the plans of Louis Arretche, who had decided to reduce the number of arches from nine to seven, allowing the look of the old bridge to be preserved while realigning the new structure with the Pont Neuf. On 27 June 1984, the newly reconstructed bridge was inaugurated by Jacques Chirac, then the mayor of Paris.

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 40 20 50 50

La pyramide du Louvre est une pyramide constituée de verre et de métal, située au milieu de la cour Napoléon du musée du Louvre à Paris, où se situe le hall d’accueil.Commandée par le président de la République François Mitterrand en 1983, la pyramide a été conçue par l'architecte sino-américain Ieoh Ming Pei. La structure, qui a été entièrement construite en métal, s'élève à sur une base carrée de de côté et pèse environ. La pyramide est composée de 603 losanges et 70 triangles en verre. Elle a été inaugurée le et ouverte au public le. Elle est la première grande construction à avoir été réalisée en verre feuilleté.Bien que la pyramide ait suscité une grande controverse lors de la présentation de son projet en 1984, elle est devenue au début du la troisième œuvre du Louvre la plus appréciée après La Joconde et la Vénus de Milo.

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006

Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, France 75001

The Pont Neuf is the oldest standing bridge across the river Seine in Paris, France. Its name, which was given to distinguish it from older bridges that were lined on both sides with houses, has remained after all of those were replaced. It stands by the western (downstream) point of the Île de la Cité, the island in the middle of the river that was, between 250 and 225 BC, the birthplace of Paris, then known as Lutetia, and during the medieval period, the heart of the city.The bridge is composed of two separate spans, one of five arches joining the left bank to the Île de la Cité, another of seven joining the island to the right bank. Old engraved maps of Paris show how, when the bridge was built, it just grazed the downstream tip of the Île de la Cité; since then, the natural sandbar building of a mid-river island, aided by stone-faced embankments called quais, has extended the island. Today the tip of the island is the location of the Square du Vert-Galant, a small public park named in honour of Henry IV, nicknamed the "Green Gallant".ConstructionAs early as 1550, Henry II was asked to build a bridge here because the existing Pont Notre-Dame was overloaded, but the expense was too much at the time.In February 1578, the decision to build the bridge was made by Henry III who laid its first stone in 1578, the year when the foundations of four piers and one abutment were completed. Pierre des Isles, one of the builders, convinced the supervisory commission that the bridge, which was originally straight, would be more resistant to the river currents, if its two sections were built at a slight angle, a change they adopted in May 1578.

Île Saint-Louis
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Ile St. louis
Paris, France Paris

Place du Châtelet
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place du Châtelet
Paris, France 75001

<>

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, France 75001

The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris, located in the Place du Carrousel. It was built between 1806 and 1808 to commemorate Napoleon's military victories of the previous year. The more famous Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, across from the Champs Élysées, was designed in the same year; it is about twice the size and was not completed until 1836. It is also an example of Corinthian style architecture.

Rue Mouffetard
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

<>

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

<>

Palais de Justice de Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
4, boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 37100

0644783382

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

Le palais du Luxembourg, situé dans le arrondissement de Paris dans le nord du jardin du Luxembourg, est le siège du Sénat français, qui fut installé en 1799 dans le palais construit au début du, à la suite de la régence de la reine Marie de Medicis. Il appartient au domaine de cette assemblée qui comprend également, à proximité du palais, l'hôtel du Petit Luxembourg, résidence du président du Sénat, le musée du Luxembourg, et l'ensemble du jardin.HistoireLe palais du Luxembourg doit son nom à l'hôtel bâti au milieu du et qui appartenait à François de Piney, duc de Luxembourg.La régente Marie de Médicis, veuve de Henri IV, achète l'hôtel et le domaine dits « de Luxembourg » en 1612 et commande en 1615 la construction d'un palais à l'architecte Salomon de Brosse. Après avoir fait raser maisons et une partie du Petit Luxembourg, elle pose elle-même la première pierre le 2 avril 1615. Le marché de construction est retiré à Salomon de Brosse en 1624 et rétrocédé au maître maçon Marin de la Vallée le 26 juin 1624. Elle s'y installe en 1625 au premier étage de l'aile ouest, avant la fin des travaux. La partie ouest du palais Médicis était réservée à la reine mère et celle de gauche à son fils, le roi Louis XIII.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

The Luxembourg Palace is located at 15 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It was originally built (1615–1645) to the designs of the French architect Salomon de Brosse to be the royal residence of the regent Marie de Médicis, mother of Louis XIII of France. After the Revolution it was refashioned (1799–1805) by Jean Chalgrin into a legislative building and subsequently greatly enlarged and remodeled (1835–1856) by Alphonse de Gisors. Since 1958 it has been the seat of the French Senate of the Fifth Republic.Immediately west of the palace on the rue de Vaugirard is the Petit Luxembourg, now the residence of the Senate President; and slightly further west, the Musée du Luxembourg, in the former orangery. On the south side of the palace, the formal Luxembourg Garden presents a 25-hectare green parterre of gravel and lawn populated with statues and large basins of water where children sail model boats.Early historyAfter the death of Henry IV in 1610, his widow, Marie de Médicis, became regent to her son, Louis XIII. Having acceded to a much more powerful position, she decided to erect a new palace for herself, adjacent to an old hôtel particulier owned by François de Luxembourg, Duc de Piney, which is now called the Petit Luxembourg and is the residence of the president of the French Senate.

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

Place du Châtelet
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place du Châtelet
Paris, France 75001

The Place du Châtelet is a public square in Paris, on the right bank of the river Seine, on the borderline between the 1st and 4th arrondissements. It lies at the north end of the Pont au Change, a bridge that connects the Île de la Cité, near the Palais de Justice and the Conciergerie, to the right bank. The closest métro station is Châtelet 15px 15px 15px 15px 15px 15pxFeaturesThe name "Châtelet" refers to the stronghold, the Grand Châtelet, that guarded the northern end of the Pont au Change, containing the offices of the prévôt de Paris and a number of prisons, until it was demolished from 1802-10.At the square's center is the Fontaine du Palmier, designed in 1806 by architect and engineer François-Jean Bralle (1750-1832) to celebrate French victories in battle. It has a circular basin, 6m in diameter, from which a column rises in the form of a palm tree's trunk 18m tall. The palm trunk is surmounted by a gilded figure of the goddess, Victory, holding a laurel wreath in each upraised hand; the goddess figure stands on a base ornamented with bas-relief eagles. The gilded finial is by sculptor Louis-Simon Boizot.

Place Saint-Sulpice
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

<>

La place Saint-Sulpice est une place du arrondissement de Paris.HistoireLors de la construction de la façade actuelle de l'église Saint-Sulpice au, l'architecte Giovanni Niccolo Servandoni prévoit la création d'une place monumentale en demi-cercle, de de large sur de long. Ce projet n'est pas réalisé mais un espace prolongeant le parvis est débuté en 1757. En 1767, un emprunt est souscrit par la ville après autorisation du roi pour entreprendre les expropriations et les travaux d'aménagement.Au, plusieurs plans sont proposés pour achever la place. Un plan adopté par le ministre de l'Intérieur le 26 thermidor An VIII (14 août 1800), confirmé par un arrêté des consuls du 16 vendémiaire an IX (8 octobre 1800) prévoit une place semi-circulaire qui doit être réalisé dans un délai de six ans. Un arrêté du 25 juin 1806 annule ce plan et prévoit cette fois une place rectangulaire dont le plan est approuvé par le ministre de l'intérieur le 19 octobre 1806. Un nouveau plan, prévoyant une place rectangulaire aux dimensions plus importantes, est adopté le 19 juillet 1808. Une décision ministérielle du 20 décembre 1810 prévoit que la place Saint-Sulpice soit portée jusqu'à la rue du Pot-de-Fer (actuelle rue Bonaparte). Un décret du 24 février 1811 ordonne l'achèvement de cette place dans le courant de la même année. Les dispositions arrêtées en 1810 ont été confirmées par une décision ministérielle du 9 mai 1812. La place est en partie aménagée à l'emplacement de l'ancien séminaire Saint-Sulpice, construit au.En 1838, la place est nivelée et plantée d'arbres. De 1843 à 1848, la fontaine Saint-Sulpice est érigée au centre de la place par l'architecte Louis Visconti.

Sacré Coeur, Montmartre, Paris, France
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
35 Rue du Chevalier de la Barre
Paris, France 75018

Landmark Near Fontaine Saint-Michel

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6, Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75015

+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

St Michel Notre-Dame, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

<>

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Rue du pont st Michel
Paris, France 75005

0630783801

Pont Saint-Michel is a bridge linking the Place Saint-Michel on the left bank of the river Seine to the Île de la Cité. It was named after the nearby chapel of Saint-Michel. It is near Sainte Chapelle and the Palais de Justice. The present 62-metre-long bridge dates to 1857.HistoryFirst constructed in 1378, it has been rebuilt several times, most recently in 1857.The medieval bridgeThe construction of a stone bridge was decided upon in 1378 by the Parlement de Paris after an accord with the chapter of the cathedral of Notre-Dame de Paris, the provost of Paris, and the city's merchants. A location downstream of Petit-Pont was chosen, on the line of Rue Saint-Denis, from the Grand-Pont on the right bank and of Rue de la Harpe on the left bank. This allowed for a direct route across Île de la Cité.The provost, Hugues Aubriot, was charged with overseeing the project, which was funded by the king. Construction lasted from 1379 to 1387. Once complete, the Parisians named the bridge Pont-Neuf (New Bridge, but it should not be confused with the present-day Pont-Neuf), Petit-Pont-Neuf (Little New Bridge) or Pont Saint-Michel dit le Pont-Neuf (St. Michael's Bridge, known as the 'New' Bridge).

Palais de Justice, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
4, boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75015

01 44 32 51 51

The Palais de Justice, formerly the Palais de la Cité, is located on the Boulevard du Palais in the Île de la Cité in central Paris, France.OverviewAmong the oldest surviving buildings of the former royal palace are the Sainte Chapelle (built c. 1240, during the reign of Louis IX) and the Conciergerie, a former prison, now a museum, where Marie Antoinette was imprisoned before being executed on the guillotine. The justice of the state has been dispensed at this site since medieval times. From the sixteenth century to the French Revolution this was the seat of the Parlement de Paris.The building was reconstructed between 1857 and 1868 by architects Joseph-Louis Duc and Honoré Daumet. The exterior includes sculptural work by Jean-Marie Bonnassieux.It was opened in October 1868 with little fanfare, save from a visit by Baron Haussmann, prefect of the Seine. It was awarded the Grand Prix de l'Empereur as the greatest work of art produced in France in the decade.Security is maintained by gendarmes.

Quai des Grands-Augustins
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai des Grands-Augustins
Paris, France 75006

<>

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 19 36

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 19 36

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Le Caveau de la Huchette
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
5 Rue de la Huchette
Paris, France 75005

0143266505

Le Caveau de la Huchette is a jazz club in the Latin Quarter of Paris. The building dates to the 16th century, but became a jazz club in 1949. The design has been compared to a cellar or labyrinth and allegedly it was once used by Rosicrucians and by those linked to Freemasonry.Since becoming a jazz club it has been a venue for American greats like Lionel Hampton, Count Basie, and Art Blakey, as well as leading French jazz musicians like Claude Luter and Claude Bolling. Sidney Bechet and Bill Coleman were American expatriates in France who are also associated with the club.It was featured in the film Les Tricheurs by Marcel Carné as well as other French language films. It is considered one of the important part of Paris's nightlife in general. At present it is owned by French vibraphonist Dany Doriz.The club inspired the creation of The Cavern Club, Mathew Street, Liverpool in 1957. The Beatles performed at the Cavern Club nearly 300 times in their early years. The Cavern was similar inside to Le Caveau with tunnels and thick brick arches.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Musée National du Moyen Âge
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France 75005

Caveau De La Huchette
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
5 rue de la guchette
Paris, France

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 rue du petit pont
Paris, France 75005

Le Petit-Pont est un pont franchissant la Seine à Paris, dont l'édifice actuel fut construit en 1853. Il relie la rue de la Cité et le quai du Marché-Neuf, sur l'île de la Cité, à la place du Petit-Pont sur la rive gauche, entre le quai de Montebello et le quai Saint-Michel, prolongée par la rue du Petit-Pont, puis la rue Saint-Jacques.HistoireLe pont romainLe premier pont situé à cet endroit date de la période romaine de Lutèce où fut déjà construit un pont sous ce nom, qui provient du fait qu'il permettait de franchir le petit bras du fleuve, par opposition au « Grand-Pont », qui existait depuis l'Antiquité et qui traversait le grand bras de la Seine (ce dernier est devenu le pont Notre-Dame), cette appellation encore aujourd'hui justifiée par sa plus petite longueur de tous les ponts de Paris.Le Petit-Pont était à l'époque gallo-romaine le seul point de passage pour relier l'île de la Cité et, dans le prolongement du cardo maximus, la rive droite. Fait de bois, il était particulièrement exposé aux crues de la Seine et aux incendies. Charles le Chauve, pour protéger l'île des attaques normandes, fit édifier un ouvrage de protection à la tête du pont, en même temps qu'il renforçait les fortifications de la Cité. Les deux ponts de la Cité furent une fois encore détruits en 1111, par le comte Robert de Meulan. Le Grand-Pont fut rebâti plus à l'ouest alors que le Petit-Pont fut reconstruit au même emplacement, qu'il a conservé jusqu'à nos jours.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 rue du petit pont
Paris, France 75005

Le Petit-Pont est un pont franchissant la Seine à Paris, dont l'édifice actuel fut construit en 1853. Il relie la rue de la Cité et le quai du Marché-Neuf, sur l'île de la Cité, à la place du Petit-Pont sur la rive gauche, entre le quai de Montebello et le quai Saint-Michel, prolongée par la rue du Petit-Pont, puis la rue Saint-Jacques.HistoireLe pont romainLe premier pont situé à cet endroit date de la période romaine de Lutèce où fut déjà construit un pont sous ce nom, qui provient du fait qu'il permettait de franchir le petit bras du fleuve, par opposition au « Grand-Pont », qui existait depuis l'Antiquité et qui traversait le grand bras de la Seine (ce dernier est devenu le pont Notre-Dame), cette appellation encore aujourd'hui justifiée par sa plus petite longueur de tous les ponts de Paris.Le Petit-Pont était à l'époque gallo-romaine le seul point de passage pour relier l'île de la Cité et, dans le prolongement du cardo maximus, la rive droite. Fait de bois, il était particulièrement exposé aux crues de la Seine et aux incendies. Charles le Chauve, pour protéger l'île des attaques normandes, fit édifier un ouvrage de protection à la tête du pont, en même temps qu'il renforçait les fortifications de la Cité. Les deux ponts de la Cité furent une fois encore détruits en 1111, par le comte Robert de Meulan. Le Grand-Pont fut rebâti plus à l'ouest alors que le Petit-Pont fut reconstruit au même emplacement, qu'il a conservé jusqu'à nos jours.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

L'église Saint-Séverin est une église du Quartier latin de Paris, située rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin dans le quartier de la Sorbonne dans le arrondissement de Paris.L'ensemble formé par l'église, la « maison paroissiale - presbytère », le square André-Lefèbvre et le cloître est délimité par la rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin, la rue de la Parcheminerie, la rue Saint-Jacques et la rue Saint-Séverin.Elle est de facto l'unique l'église paroissiale de la paroisse Saint-Séverin-Saint-Nicolas (les deux paroisses ayant été fusionnées en 1968). En effet, depuis 1977, l'église Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet est occupée par des fidèles de la Fraternité sacerdotale Saint-Pie-X.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

L'église Saint-Séverin est une église du Quartier latin de Paris, située rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin dans le quartier de la Sorbonne dans le arrondissement de Paris.L'ensemble formé par l'église, la « maison paroissiale - presbytère », le square André-Lefèbvre et le cloître est délimité par la rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin, la rue de la Parcheminerie, la rue Saint-Jacques et la rue Saint-Séverin.Elle est de facto l'unique l'église paroissiale de la paroisse Saint-Séverin-Saint-Nicolas (les deux paroisses ayant été fusionnées en 1968). En effet, depuis 1977, l'église Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet est occupée par des fidèles de la Fraternité sacerdotale Saint-Pie-X.

Statue and Fountain Near Fontaine Saint-Michel

Champ de Mars
Distance: 2.1 mi Tourist Information
Parc du Champ de Mars
Paris, France 75015 Paris

Torre Eiffel Paris
Distance: 2.2 mi Tourist Information
Torre Eiffel
Paris, France 75007

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

<>

Notre Dame - Saint Michel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
rue du Cloître de Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

0699116498

La Fontaine Des Innocents
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
43 Rue Saint-Denis
Paris, France 75001

<>

Place de la Concorde
Distance: 1.8 mi Tourist Information
place de la concorde
Paris, France 75008

<>

Ifle Tower Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Paris, France
Paris, France 75007

Paris-Le Marais
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Colonne de Juillet
Paris, France

<>

Mont Matre
Distance: 2.6 mi Tourist Information
Cours Du 7ème Art
Paris, France 75018

<>

Fontaine des Innocents
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
2 rue des innocents
Paris, France 75001

<>

Louvre, Paris. Brooklyn Museum Archives, Goodyear Archival CollectionThe Fontaine des Innocents is a monumental public fountain located on the place Joachim-du-Bellay in the Les Halles district in the 1st arrondissement of Paris, France. Originally called the Fountain of the Nymphs, it was constructed between 1547 and 1550 by architect Pierre Lescot and sculptor Jean Goujon in the new style of the French Renaissance. It is the oldest monumental fountain in Paris.HistoryThe fountain was commissioned as part of the decoration of the city to commemorate the solemn royal entry of King Henry II into Paris in 1549. Artists were commissioned to construct elaborate monuments, mostly temporary, along his route, from the Port Saint-Denis to the Palais de la Cité, passing by le Châtelet, the Pont Notre-Dame and the Cathedral. The fountain was placed on the site of an earlier fountain dating to the reign of Philip II of France, against the wall of the Saints Innocents Cemetery, at the corner of rue Saint Denis (where the King's procession passed) and rue aux Fers (today's rue Berger), with two façades on one street, one façade on the other. It was to serve as a fountain as well as a grand reviewing stand for local notables; it resembled the walls of a large residence, with water taps along the street at the street level, and a stairway to the loggia on the upper level, where officials stood on the balcony to greet the King. Its original name was the Fountain of the Nymphs.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
11 Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France

La fuente Saint-Michel es una fuente parisina situada en el VI distrito de la ciudad. Se encuentra en el corazón del barrio latino y ocupa la totalidad de una de las paredes de un edificio de seis plantas. Fue catalogada como monumento histórico en 1926.HistoriaLa fuente, cuya estructura principal es la de un arco de triunfo, se enmarca dentro del plan de transformación de París durante el Segundo Imperio puesto en marcha por Barón Haussmann bajo Napoleon III de cara a ocultar una antiestética fachada generada por las obras de apertura del bulevar Saint-Michel. Descartada la idea inicial de decorarla con una estatua monumental de Napoleón Bonaparte, se optó finalmente por una obra que representara la lucha del Bien y del Mal donde el Arcángel Miguel, espada en mano, aparece sometiendo al Demonio.Gabriel Davioud ayudado por Flament, Simonet y Halo se encargan de poner en pie la obra. Alcanza 26 metros de altura y 15 de ancho. La estatua del arcángel sometiendo al Demonio es obra de Francisque Duret. En la parte baja, dos dragones, realizados por Henri-Alfred Jacquemart, escupen agua a un estanque situado a los pies de la escalinata que lleva hasta el pedestal de la escultura principal. La decoración de la fuente se completa con cuatro estatuas de bronce situadas sobre otras tantas columnas corintias adosadas de mármol rojo del Languedoc que representan a las cuatro virtudes cardinales: la templanza (de Charles Gumery), la justicia (de Louis Valentin Robert), la prudencia (de Jean Auguste Barre) y la fortaleza (de Eugène Guillaume). Por último en la parte superior, se sitúa un panel de mármol verde con una inscripción que conmemora el edificio, rodeado por dos pilastras de apoyo, rematados en su cúspide por un frontón roto que muestra el escudo de armas del emperador.

Medici Fountain
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Luxembourg
Paris, France 75006

<>

The Medici Fountain is a monumental fountain in the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 6th arrondissement in Paris. It was built in about 1630 by Marie de' Medici, the widow of King Henry IV of France and regent of King Louis XIII of France. It was moved to its present location and extensively rebuilt in 1864-66.The Italian Influence in Paris in the 17th centuryThe period between the regency of Catherine de' Medici in France (1559–1589) and that of Marie de' Medici (1610–1642) saw a great flourishing of the Italian mannerist style in France, A community of artists from Florence, including the sculptor Francesco Bordoni, who helped design the statue of King Henry IV of France built on the Pont Neuf, and fountain technician Thomas Francini, who had worked on fountains in the new gardens of the Medici villas in Florence and Rome, found eager royal patrons in France. Soon features of the Italian Renaissance garden, such as elaborate fountains and the grotto, a simulated cave decorated with sculpture, appeared in the first Gardens of the French Renaissance at Fontainebleau and other royal residences.

Cimetière du Père Lachaise l'appli web
Distance: 2.2 mi Tourist Information
16 Rue du Repos
Paris, France 75020

0673820354

Jeanne d'Arc (Frémiet)
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place des Pyramides
Paris, France 75001

Jeanne d'Arc is a gilded bronze equestrian sculpture of Joan of Arc by Emmanuel Frémiet inaugurated in 1874.HistoryThe original statue was commissioned by the French government after the defeat of the country in the 1870 Franco-Prussian War. It is the only public commission of the state from 1870 to 1914, called the Golden Age of statuary in Paris, the other statues were funded by private subscriptions.The sculptor took as his model Aimée Girod (1856–1937), a young woman from Domrémy, Joan of Arc's village in Lorraine.The statue was inaugurated in 1874. The pedestal was designed by the architect Paul Abadie.The artist, who made another version of the monument for the city of Nancy in 1889, replaced the horse of the Parisian monument 10 years later by a copy of the smaller Nancy one, which earned him criticism.The monument was classified as a historic monument on March 31, 1992.Reviving a tradition from the far-right leagues, on every May Day, the National Front holds an annual ceremony in her honour at the statue.LocationsThe original work is located at the Place des Pyramides, in Paris, near where Joan of Arc was wounded during her failed attempt to take Paris.Other copies can be seen at: Nancy, France, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Portland, Oregon, Melbourne, Australia.

L'observatoire
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
63 Av Denfert Rochereau
Paris, France 75014

Colonne de Juillet
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Bastille
Paris, France

Valentino Showroom
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Place Vendome
Paris, France 75001

Place Concorde
Distance: 2.9 mi Tourist Information
Rue Pierre Demours
Paris, France 75017

<>

La Fontaine Saint Michel
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
11 Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

01 43 26 54 31

Statue Winston Churchill, Paris
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Winston Churchill
Paris, France

Landmark Near Fontaine Saint-Michel

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
11 Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France

La fuente Saint-Michel es una fuente parisina situada en el VI distrito de la ciudad. Se encuentra en el corazón del barrio latino y ocupa la totalidad de una de las paredes de un edificio de seis plantas. Fue catalogada como monumento histórico en 1926.HistoriaLa fuente, cuya estructura principal es la de un arco de triunfo, se enmarca dentro del plan de transformación de París durante el Segundo Imperio puesto en marcha por Barón Haussmann bajo Napoleon III de cara a ocultar una antiestética fachada generada por las obras de apertura del bulevar Saint-Michel. Descartada la idea inicial de decorarla con una estatua monumental de Napoleón Bonaparte, se optó finalmente por una obra que representara la lucha del Bien y del Mal donde el Arcángel Miguel, espada en mano, aparece sometiendo al Demonio.Gabriel Davioud ayudado por Flament, Simonet y Halo se encargan de poner en pie la obra. Alcanza 26 metros de altura y 15 de ancho. La estatua del arcángel sometiendo al Demonio es obra de Francisque Duret. En la parte baja, dos dragones, realizados por Henri-Alfred Jacquemart, escupen agua a un estanque situado a los pies de la escalinata que lleva hasta el pedestal de la escultura principal. La decoración de la fuente se completa con cuatro estatuas de bronce situadas sobre otras tantas columnas corintias adosadas de mármol rojo del Languedoc que representan a las cuatro virtudes cardinales: la templanza (de Charles Gumery), la justicia (de Louis Valentin Robert), la prudencia (de Jean Auguste Barre) y la fortaleza (de Eugène Guillaume). Por último en la parte superior, se sitúa un panel de mármol verde con una inscripción que conmemora el edificio, rodeado por dos pilastras de apoyo, rematados en su cúspide por un frontón roto que muestra el escudo de armas del emperador.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Direction Régionale de Police Judiciaire de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
36, quai des Orfèvres
Paris, France 75001

The Direction Régionale de Police Judiciaire de Paris, often called the 36, quai des Orfèvres or simply the 36 by the address of its headquarters, is the division of the Police judiciaire in Paris. Its 2,200 officers investigate about 15,000 crimes and offences a year.The Police judiciaire, abbreviated PJ, is the criminal investigation division of the Police nationale.36, quai des Orfèvres is often erroneously believed to be the address of the Direction Centrale de la Police Judiciaire, the national authority of the criminal police, which is actually located at the 11, rue des Saussaies, in the buildings of the Ministry of the Interior.HistoryThe PJ is the direct successor of the Sûreté, which was founded in 1812 by Eugène François Vidocq as the criminal investigative bureau of the Paris police. The Sûreté served later as an inspiration for Scotland Yard, the FBI and other departments of criminal investigation throughout the world.In its modern form, the Parisian PJ was created by a decree by Celestin Hennion, the then préfet de police and father of the elite mobile police units called Brigades du Tigre. Unique for their time, they were created with the support of Georges Clémenceau, who was nicknamed "le tigre" (the Tiger). It explains why the PJ emblem consists of a stylized tiger's head.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 19 36

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

36, quai des Orfèvres
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
36, quai des Orfèvres
Paris, France 75001

Le 36, quai des Orfèvres est le bâtiment où se trouvent le siège, l'état-major et les services communs de la Direction régionale de la police judiciaire de la Préfecture de police de Paris. Attenant au Palais de justice de la capitale, il est situé au numéro 36 du quai des Orfèvres, sur l'île de la Cité, face à la rive gauche, dans le arrondissement.HistoriqueLe bâtiment a été construit entre 1875 et 1880, sur les plans des architectes Émile Jacques Gilbert et son gendre Arthur-Stanislas Diet, à l'emplacement de l'ancien hôtel du premier président de la cour d'appel de Paris, qui fut détruit par l'incendie volontaire survenu lors de la Commune le, et qui détruisit également une bonne part du Palais de justice mitoyen. La préfecture de police de Paris a donc dû quitter son ancien emplacement, et fut installée dans de nouveaux locaux, par Jules Ferry, dans une partie des bâtiments du palais de Justice qui venait d'être reconstruit au 36, quai des Orfèvres.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 rue du petit pont
Paris, France 75005

Le Petit-Pont est un pont franchissant la Seine à Paris, dont l'édifice actuel fut construit en 1853. Il relie la rue de la Cité et le quai du Marché-Neuf, sur l'île de la Cité, à la place du Petit-Pont sur la rive gauche, entre le quai de Montebello et le quai Saint-Michel, prolongée par la rue du Petit-Pont, puis la rue Saint-Jacques.HistoireLe pont romainLe premier pont situé à cet endroit date de la période romaine de Lutèce où fut déjà construit un pont sous ce nom, qui provient du fait qu'il permettait de franchir le petit bras du fleuve, par opposition au « Grand-Pont », qui existait depuis l'Antiquité et qui traversait le grand bras de la Seine (ce dernier est devenu le pont Notre-Dame), cette appellation encore aujourd'hui justifiée par sa plus petite longueur de tous les ponts de Paris.Le Petit-Pont était à l'époque gallo-romaine le seul point de passage pour relier l'île de la Cité et, dans le prolongement du cardo maximus, la rive droite. Fait de bois, il était particulièrement exposé aux crues de la Seine et aux incendies. Charles le Chauve, pour protéger l'île des attaques normandes, fit édifier un ouvrage de protection à la tête du pont, en même temps qu'il renforçait les fortifications de la Cité. Les deux ponts de la Cité furent une fois encore détruits en 1111, par le comte Robert de Meulan. Le Grand-Pont fut rebâti plus à l'ouest alors que le Petit-Pont fut reconstruit au même emplacement, qu'il a conservé jusqu'à nos jours.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Bisinchi, France 75005

0495387464

The Petit Pont is a bridge crossing the River Seine in Paris, built in 1853, although a structure has crossed the river at this point since antiquity. The present bridge is a single stone arch linking the 4th arrondissement and the Île de la Cité, with the 5th arrondissement, between quai de Montebello and quai Saint-Michel. The Petit Pont is notable for having been destroyed, at least thirteen times since its original inception during Gallo-Roman times to the mid-19th century. It is served by the Metro station Saint-Michel.HistoryA bridge linking the Île de la Cité with the southern bank of the Seine has existed on this spot since early history. In the Roman predecessor to Paris, Lutetia Parisiorum, a bridge was built to utilize the convenient ford of the Seine, today's Île de la Cité. Often a victim of floods, the structure has been repeatedly rebuilt. The first known flood destroying this bridge was in 885 AD. The bridge subsequently was carried away by successive floods at least thirteen times between 885 and 1658, and at least eleven times before it was built in stone. In 1175, following yet another flood, the bishop of Paris Maurice de Sully gave his support for a new reconstruction, this time in stone. Further, after a flood destroyed the structure again in 1393, the construction of another stone bridge on the site was funded by a tax of 9,500 livres on the Jews living in Paris.

Musée National du Moyen Âge
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France 75005

Hôtel de Cluny
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6, place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France

L'Hôtel de Cluny, situé dans le V arrondissement de Paris (France), au cœur du Quartier latin, est dès le le lieu de résidence des abbés de l'ordre de Cluny enseignant au Collège de Cluny. À partir du, et jusqu'à la Révolution française, il abrite des nonces apostoliques ainsi que des particuliers. En 1843, l'État en fait un musée devenu aujourd'hui le Musée national du Moyen Âge, ou Musée de Cluny.Histoire de l'hôtelL'hôtel des Abbés de ClunyLes bâtiments accueillaient les abbés de l'ordre de Cluny en Bourgogne dès le. À la fin du, le bâtiment construit par Jean III de Bourbon et a été agrandi par Jacques d'Amboise, abbé de Cluny (1485-1510). Les armes d'Amboise, « trois pals alternés d'or et de gueules », ornent les lucarnes ouvragées de la façade ainsi que les gâbles des fenêtres hautes.L'hôtel accueille régulièrement les abbés de Cluny et certains dignitaires importants.La jeune Marie d'Angleterre y est enfermée pendant 40 jours en janvier 1515 pour s'assurer qu'elle ne porte pas d'héritier à la mort de son mari le roi Louis XII de France, ainsi la couronne passe à son cousin, le futur roi François . Le 3 mars 1515, Marie y épouse secrètement et sans le consentement de son frère le roi Henri VIII, son favori, Charles Brandon, duc de Suffolk.

Palais de Justice, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
4, boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75015

01 44 32 51 51

The Palais de Justice, formerly the Palais de la Cité, is located on the Boulevard du Palais in the Île de la Cité in central Paris, France.OverviewAmong the oldest surviving buildings of the former royal palace are the Sainte Chapelle (built c. 1240, during the reign of Louis IX) and the Conciergerie, a former prison, now a museum, where Marie Antoinette was imprisoned before being executed on the guillotine. The justice of the state has been dispensed at this site since medieval times. From the sixteenth century to the French Revolution this was the seat of the Parlement de Paris.The building was reconstructed between 1857 and 1868 by architects Joseph-Louis Duc and Honoré Daumet. The exterior includes sculptural work by Jean-Marie Bonnassieux.It was opened in October 1868 with little fanfare, save from a visit by Baron Haussmann, prefect of the Seine. It was awarded the Grand Prix de l'Empereur as the greatest work of art produced in France in the decade.Security is maintained by gendarmes.

Cordeliers Convent
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'Ecole-de-Médecine
Paris, France 75006

01 40 51 10 00

The Cordeliers Convent was a convent in Paris, France.It gave its name to the Club of the Cordeliers, which held its first meetings there during the French Revolution.Cordeliers was the name given in France to the Franciscan Observantists.The building now houses the Dupuytren Museum of anatomy in connection with the school of medicine.Burials at the conventMarie of Brabant, Queen of FranceArthur II, Duke of BrittanyBlanche of France, Infanta of Castile

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II is the official name of the square consisting of the parvise of Notre Dame de Paris on the Île de la Cité. It was known simply as the place du Parvis-Notre-Dame until 2006 when it was renamed in honour of Pope John Paul II who died in 2005. The change generated controversy.The parvis was originally much smaller and its current shape dates back to the extensive urban renewal plans of Baron Haussmann during the Second French Empire.The square is also the location of France's Kilometre Zero which is indicated by a stone of the parvis.

Point zéro des routes de France
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Place du Parvis-Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

Le point zéro des routes de France est le point zéro de Paris, c'est-à-dire le point kilométrique 0 des routes quittant la capitale, dont on se sert comme référence pour le calcul des distances avec les autres villes de France. Il est situé devant la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris.Localisation et descriptionLe point zéro est situé à une cinquantaine de mètres devant l'entrée de Notre-Dame, sur l'Île de la Cité, dans le arrondissement. La borne routière qui matérialise ce point dans les pavés du parvis de la cathédrale prend la forme d'une rose des vents gravée au centre d'un médaillon octogonal en bronze ; celui-ci est entouré d'une dalle circulaire en pierre divisée en quatre quartiers, chacun d'eux portant l'une des inscriptions en lettres capitales : « POINT », « ZÉRO », « DES ROUTES » et « DE FRANCE ».

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

École spéciale des travaux publics
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
28 avenue du Président Wilson, Cachan
Paris, France 75005

01 44 41 11 18

L'École spéciale des travaux publics, du bâtiment et de l'industrie est l'une des plus prestigieuses écoles d'ingenieurs en France, et l'une des plus réputées dans le domaine du génie civil. Elle fait partie des 210 écoles d'ingénieurs françaises capables de délivrer un diplôme d'ingénieur.La durée de la scolarité ingénieur est de trois ans après le cursus de classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles ou par admission sur titre. Elle a été fondée en 1891 à Paris dans le arrondissement, entre la rue Thénard et le boulevard Saint-Germain, au cœur du Quartier latin.Le campus de Cachan, érigé en 1905 pour accueillir les laboratoires, est désormais le seul site de l'école depuis la rentrée 2011 à accueillir les élèves en formation d'ingénieur et de techniciens spécialisés « conducteurs de travaux. »L'ESTP Paris forme également des techniciens supérieurs dans le domaine des travaux publics et du bâtiment. L'école, membre du G16+ ainsi que du Pôle Universitaire Paris-Est, est rattachée depuis 1999 à Arts et Métiers Paristech.Fondation de l'écoleNé à Tulle dans un milieu modeste, Léon Eyrolles est reçu en 1882 conducteur des ponts et chaussées. Tout en exerçant ses fonctions dans l’administration, il aide quelques collègues à préparer le concours de conducteur des Ponts et chaussées. L’École des ponts et chaussées est pratiquement le seul établissement d’enseignement supérieur dans le domaine des travaux publics alors que l’époque est aux grands travaux sollicités par la révolution technique (avènement de l'électricité, du téléphone, naissance de l’architecture métallique, du béton armé etc.)

Court of Cassation
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
5 Quai de l'Horloge
Paris, France 75001

La Cour de cassation est la juridiction la plus élevée de l'ordre judiciaire français. Elle est, dans ce dernier, le pendant du Conseil d'État dans l'ordre administratif. C'est une juridiction permanente, qui siège au palais de justice de Paris, au.La Cour de cassation comprend six chambres : une chambre criminelle ; cinq chambres civiles : une chambre commerciale ; une chambre sociale ; une chambre civile spécialisée en droit des personnes, de la famille et des contrats ; une chambre civile spécialisée en responsabilité civile et sécurité sociale ; une chambre civile spécialisée en droit immobilier et droit de la construction. Cette Cour prononce la cassation et l'annulation des décisions de justice qui ont été rendues au prix d'une méconnaissance de la loi.La Cour de cassation est donc le juge du droit : elle s'assure en effet uniquement de ce que, à la lecture des motifs de la décision frappée de pourvoi, la loi a été correctement appliquée aux faits tels qu'ils ont été constatés par les juges du fond :.Les faits ne peuvent donc plus être discutés devant la Cour de cassation. Elle n'est donc pas dotée d'une plénitude de juridiction, si bien qu'elle ne constitue pas un troisième degré de juridiction (chaque degré de juridiction supposant une plénitude de juridiction, c'est-à-dire le pouvoir de juger en droit et en fait).

SWEET ROOM อัน'ซิน ตัวน้อยๆ
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
เมืองตรัง
Paris, France 81170

0980935291

Place du Pont-Neuf
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place du Pont Neuf
Paris, France 75001

La place du Pont-Neuf se situe dans le arrondissement de Paris, entre le square du Vert-Galant et le pont Neuf. Une statue équestre d'Henri IV trône sur le pont Neuf.HistoriqueDescriptionVoir aussiBibliographie- la statue d'Henri IV sur le pont Neuf Geneviève Bresc-Bautier, Henri IV au Pont-Neuf, dans In Situ. Revue du patrimoine, 2010 ( lire en ligne ) Stéphanie Celle et Carlo Usai, Restauration de la statue de Henri IV, dans In Situ. Revue du patrimoine, 2010 ( lire en ligne ) Département de l'action culturelle et éducative et Archives nationales, Entre pratique inaugurale et trésor mémoriel : étude du contenu de la statue de Henri IV de 1818, dans In Situ. Revue du patrimoine, 2010 ( lire en ligne )

École Nationale des Chartes
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
65 rue de Richelieu
Paris, France 75005

01 55 42 75 00

The École nationale des chartes is a French grande école which specializes in historical sciences. It was founded in 1821 and was located first at the National Archives, then at the Palais de la Sorbonne (5th arrondissement). In October 2014, it moved to 65 rue de Richelieu (University of Paris II), opposite to the Richelieu-Louvois Site of the National Library of France. The school is administered by the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research. It holds the status of grand établissement. Its students, who are recruited by competitive examination and hold the status of trainee civil servant2, receive the qualification of archivist-paleographer after completing a thesis. They generally go on to follow a career as heritage curators in the archive and visual fields, as library curators or as lecturers and researchers in the human and social sciences. In 2005, the school also introduced Master’s degrees, for which students were recruited based on an application file, and, in 2011, doctorates.

Musée des Collections Historiques de la Préfecture de Police
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
4 Rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

01 44 41 52 50

The Musée des Collections Historiques de la Préfecture de Police, also known as the Musée de la Préfecture de Police, is a museum of police history in the 5th arrondissement of Paris, France. It is located in the Hôtel de police at 4, rue de la Montagne-Sainte-Geneviève. The museum is open daily except Sunday; admission is free.The museum was originally started by prefect Louis Lépine (1846-1933) for the Exposition Universelle (1900), and has gradually grown through subsequent years. It now contains evidence, photographs, letters, memorabilia, and drawings that reflect major events in the history of France (including conspiracies and arrests), famous criminal cases and characters, prisons, and daily life in the capital such as traffic and hygiene. Exhibits include a guillotine, uniforms, the pistol used in the assassination of Paul Doumer, and relics of the World War II occupation including German machine guns and insignias worn by Jews.