EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Saint-Séverin, Paris, Paris | Tourist Information


1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005


L'église Saint-Séverin est une église du Quartier latin de Paris, située rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin dans le quartier de la Sorbonne dans le arrondissement de Paris.L'ensemble formé par l'église, la « maison paroissiale - presbytère », le square André-Lefèbvre et le cloître est délimité par la rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin, la rue de la Parcheminerie, la rue Saint-Jacques et la rue Saint-Séverin.Elle est de facto l'unique l'église paroissiale de la paroisse Saint-Séverin-Saint-Nicolas (les deux paroisses ayant été fusionnées en 1968). En effet, depuis 1977, l'église Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet est occupée par des fidèles de la Fraternité sacerdotale Saint-Pie-X.

Catholic Church Near Saint-Séverin, Paris

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6, Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75015

+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Notre Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France 75004

Notre-Dame de Paris, also known as Notre-Dame Cathedral or simply Notre-Dame, is a medieval Catholic cathedral on the Île de la Cité in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, France. The cathedral is widely considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, and is among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world. The naturalism of its sculptures and stained glass are in contrast with earlier Romanesque architecture.As the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Paris, Notre-Dame contains the cathedra of the Archbishop of Paris, currently Cardinal André Vingt-Trois. The cathedral treasury contains a reliquary which houses some of Catholicism's most important relics, including the purported Crown of Thorns, a fragment of the True Cross, and one of the Holy Nails.

Notre-Dame de Paris 2013
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6 place du Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le 850e anniversaire de Notre-Dame de Paris s’ouvrira le 12 décembre 2012 et se poursuivra jusqu’au 24 novembre 2013. 850 ans d’Histoire, d’Art, de Spiritualité au cœur de la Cité qui seront célébrés au cours de cette année marquée par de nombreuses festivités, cérémonies et actions de grâces ainsi que par de grandes réalisations culturelles, dont certaines s’inscriront en droite ligne des bâtisseurs de cathédrales.

Saint Chapelle
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
8 boulevard du Palais
Paris, France 75001

33 / (0)1 53 40 60 80

Eglise Notre Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6, place du parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

01 42 34 56 10

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St. Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

Saint-Sulpice is a Roman Catholic church in Paris, France, on the east side of the Place Saint-Sulpice within the rue Bonaparte, in the Luxembourg Quarter of the 6th arrondissement. At 113 metres long, 58 metres in width and 34 metres tall, it is only slightly smaller than Notre-Dame and thus the second largest church in the city. It is dedicated to Sulpitius the Pious. Construction of the present building, the second church on the site, began in 1646. During the 18th century, an elaborate gnomon, the Gnomon of Saint-Sulpice, was constructed in the church.HistoryThe present church is the second building on the site, erected over a Romanesque church originally constructed during the 13th century. Additions were made over the centuries, up to 1631. The new building was founded in 1646 by parish priest Jean-Jacques Olier (1608–1657) who had established the Society of Saint-Sulpice, a clerical congregation, and a seminary attached to the church. Anne of Austria laid the first stone.Construction began in 1646 to designs which had been created in 1636 by Christophe Gamard, but the Fronde interfered, and only the Lady Chapel had been built by 1660, when Daniel Gittard provided a new general design for most of the church. Gittard completed the sanctuary, ambulatory, apsidal chapels, transept, and north portal (1670–1678), after which construction was halted for lack of funds.

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève, 75005
Paris, France 75005

L'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont est une église située sur la montagne Sainte-Geneviève, dans le arrondissement de Paris, à proximité du lycée Henri-IV et du Panthéon. Elle fait l'objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques par la liste de 1862.HistoireLes premières églisesL'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont tire son origine de l'abbaye Sainte-Geneviève, où la sainte éponyme avait été inhumée au. L'abbaye attirant à elle une foule de laïcs à son service, une chapelle leur est d'abord affectée dans la crypte. Consacrée à la Vierge Marie, puis à saint Jean apôtre, le lieu s'avère trop exigu pour accueillir tous les fidèles. En 1222, le pape Honorius III autorise la fondation d'une église autonome, qui est consacrée cette fois à saint Étienne, alors saint patron de la cathédrale Saint-Étienne de Paris, l'ancienne cathédrale de Paris qui se trouvait à l'emplacement de Notre-Dame.

Église de Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
3 place Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Paris, France 75006

01 55 42 81 10

Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
2 Place du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 42 60 13 96

L'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois est une église située dans l'actuel arrondissement de Paris. Elle fut également appelée église Saint-Germain-le-Rond. Depuis l'Ancien Régime, elle est connue comme la « paroisse des artistes ».Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois est nommée en l'honneur de l'évêque Germain d'Auxerre.SituationL'église se trouve sur le côté sud-est de la place du Louvre, face à la colonnade du Louvre, à proximité de la mairie de arrondissement.Elle est desservie par les stations de métro Louvre - Rivoli et Pont Neuf.HistoireHistoire de l'égliseHaut-Moyen ÂgeL'existence de l'église est attestée au car c'est le lieu de sépulture de Saint Landri, évêque de Paris, mort vers 655 ou 656. L'Abbé Lebeuf croit qu'il en faut attribuer la première origine à une chapelle, la chapelle de Saint-Vincent, qui aurait été construite peu de temps après la mort de Saint Germain, évêque d'Auxerre.

Noter Dame
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
place du Parvis-Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of Saint Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.HistoryThe church of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont originated in the abbey of Sainte-Genevieve, where the eponymous saint had been buried in the 6th century. Devoted to the Virgin Mary, then to St. John the Apostle, the place was too small to accommodate all the faithful. In 1222, Pope Honorius III authorized the establishment of an autonomous church, which was devoted this time to St Etienne, then the patron saint of the old cathedral of Paris.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 19 36

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Notre Damme París
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France 75004

01 42 34 56 10

Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
2 Place du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

The Church of Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois is situated at 2 Place du Louvre, Paris 75001; the nearest Métro station is Louvre-Rivoli. Alexandre Boëly was organist at this church from 1840 to 1851.HistoryFounded in the 7th century, the church was rebuilt many times over several centuries. It now has construction in Roman, Gothic and Renaissance styles. The most striking exterior feature is the porch, with a rose window and a balustrade above which encircles the whole church, a work of Jean Gaussel (1435–39). Among the treasures preserved inside are a 15th-century wooden statue of Saint Germain, a stone carved statue of Saint-Vincent a stone sculpture of Isabelle of France (saint), a Flemish altarpiece carved out of wood, the famous "churchwarden's pew" where important people sat, made in 1683 by François, Le Mercier from drawings by Charles Le Brun.During the Wars of Religion, its bell called "Marie" sounded on the night of 23 August 1572, marking the beginning of the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. Thousands of Huguenots, who visited the city for a royal wedding, were killed by the mob of Paris. A splendid stained glass still remains, in spite of plunderings during the French Revolution. The north tower was added in 1860 and stands opposite the Mairie of the 1st Arrondissement (1859).

Church De Notre Dame France
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
6, place du parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

0142345610

Paroisse Notre Dame du Liban à PARIS
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
15-17 rue d'Ulm
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 43 29 47 60

Historique Le culte maronite a été autorisé en France par arrêté du 1e septembre 1892. Dès lors, la chapelle du petit Luxembourg est mise à la disposition de la communauté maronite en Île-de-France. Jusqu'en 1915, les autorités françaises et le représentant du patriarche recherchent de concert un lieu de culte adapté aux besoins de la communauté. Dans le sillage de la séparation de l'Église et de l'État arrêtée en 1905, les pères jésuites de l'école Sainte Geneviève à Paris ont dû abandonner la chapelle de leur école et toute leur structure éducative s'était ensuite établie à Versailles rue des postes (Ginette). En 1915, l'ancienne chapelle de l'école Sainte Geneviève des pères jésuites à Paris est affectée au culte maronite. Elle est inaugurée le 16 juillet de cette même année sous le patronage de Notre Dame du Liban. Construite par le célèbre architecte ASTRUC dans un style néogothique, la chapelle est dotée d'une série de vitraux œuvre du maître verrier Émile HIRSCH. Les huit verrières du fond et la rosace restent cependant en verre losangé. Elle est inaugurée le 13 mai 1894, veille de la Pentecôte. En 1937, le gouvernement français et le patriarcat créent autour de l'église la fondation du foyer franco-libanais. Le 8 décembre 1963, le patriarche MEOUCHI inaugure les nouveaux locaux du foyer franco-libanais. Le 25 octobre 1990, commencent la réfection de la toiture et le projet de rénovation de l'église dont la majeure partie sera réalisée entre octobre 1991 et mai 1993. Les huit verrières du fond et la rosace sont garnies de vitraux. Les verrières ont été exécutées par les maîtres verriers Christiane et Philippe ANDRIEUX et la rosace, inspirée de Notre-Dame de Kannoubine, est l'œuvre de Marie-Jo et Yves GUEYEL. Entre 2010 et 2011, la fondation met à neuf les quatre façades extérieures, les chéneaux, la charpente et les vitraux.

Igreja De Notre Dame
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France

<>

Saint-Louis-en-l'Île
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
19 Rue Saint Louis en l'Ile
Paris, France 75004

The Saint-Louis-en-l'Île Church, is a Catholic church located on Île Saint-Louis in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, France.HistoryConstruction of the church began in 1664. It replaced an earlier church which was built in 1622, and the church was completed in 1675.

Church Near Saint-Séverin, Paris

Pavillon Gabriel
Distance: 1.7 mi Tourist Information
5, avenue Gabriel
Paris, France 75008

01 42 68 18 18

Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
2 Place du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

01 42 60 13 96

L'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois est une église située dans l'actuel arrondissement de Paris. Elle fut également appelée église Saint-Germain-le-Rond. Depuis l'Ancien Régime, elle est connue comme la « paroisse des artistes ».Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois est nommée en l'honneur de l'évêque Germain d'Auxerre.SituationL'église se trouve sur le côté sud-est de la place du Louvre, face à la colonnade du Louvre, à proximité de la mairie de arrondissement.Elle est desservie par les stations de métro Louvre - Rivoli et Pont Neuf.HistoireHistoire de l'égliseHaut-Moyen ÂgeL'existence de l'église est attestée au car c'est le lieu de sépulture de Saint Landri, évêque de Paris, mort vers 655 ou 656. L'Abbé Lebeuf croit qu'il en faut attribuer la première origine à une chapelle, la chapelle de Saint-Vincent, qui aurait été construite peu de temps après la mort de Saint Germain, évêque d'Auxerre.

La Fontaine Des Innocents
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
43 Rue Saint-Denis
Paris, France 75001

<>

Missions Étrangères de Paris
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
128 rue du Bac
Paris, France 75007

01 44 39 10 40

Cathédrale Saint-Louis des Invalides
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Vauban
Paris, France 75007

06 85 26 03 61

La Madeline Church
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

01 44 51 69 00

Église Catholique en France
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
58, av. de Breteuil
Paris, France 75007

Oratoire du Louvre
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Oratoire du Louvre, 145 rue Saint Honoré
Paris, France 75001

+33 (0)1 42 60 21 64

Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
2 Place du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

The Church of Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois is situated at 2 Place du Louvre, Paris 75001; the nearest Métro station is Louvre-Rivoli. Alexandre Boëly was organist at this church from 1840 to 1851.HistoryFounded in the 7th century, the church was rebuilt many times over several centuries. It now has construction in Roman, Gothic and Renaissance styles. The most striking exterior feature is the porch, with a rose window and a balustrade above which encircles the whole church, a work of Jean Gaussel (1435–39). Among the treasures preserved inside are a 15th-century wooden statue of Saint Germain, a stone carved statue of Saint-Vincent a stone sculpture of Isabelle of France (saint), a Flemish altarpiece carved out of wood, the famous "churchwarden's pew" where important people sat, made in 1683 by François, Le Mercier from drawings by Charles Le Brun.During the Wars of Religion, its bell called "Marie" sounded on the night of 23 August 1572, marking the beginning of the St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre. Thousands of Huguenots, who visited the city for a royal wedding, were killed by the mob of Paris. A splendid stained glass still remains, in spite of plunderings during the French Revolution. The north tower was added in 1860 and stands opposite the Mairie of the 1st Arrondissement (1859).

Paroisse Notre Dame du Liban
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
17 Rue Ulm
Paris, France 75005

0143294760

Madeleine (Paris Métro)
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Madeleine
Paris, France 75008

<>

Madeleine is a station on lines 8, 12 and 14 of the Paris Métro in central Paris and the 8th arrondissement.The station was opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. The line 8 platforms opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of the line between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) and Opéra. The line 14 platforms opened on 15 October 1998 as part of the original section of the line between Madeleine and Bibliothèque François Mitterrand. It was the north-western terminus of Line 14 until its extension to Saint-Lazare in 2003.It is named after the nearby Église de la Madeleine, which was dedicated to Sainte Madeleine in the 18th century. A small settlement had grown up in the district by the 6th century around a stronghold of the Bishop of Paris. It was known from an early date as la Ville-l’Évêque ("Town of the Bishop").

Igreja De Notre Dame
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, France

<>

Église Saint François Xavier
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
12 Place du Président Mithouard
Paris, France 75007

Eglise Paris Métropole
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
44 rue de la roquette
Paris, France 75011

<>

4 cultes le dimanche : 09h00 - 10h15 10h30 - 11h15 12h00 - 13h15 14h00 - 15h15 réunion de prière, étude de la bible, le mardi 19h00 Culte jeunes adultes à paris le 1er vendredi du mois, 20h00 Deuxième vendredi du mois Soirée d'intercession et prière Ciel Ouvert à 19h.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II is the official name of the square consisting of the parvise of Notre Dame de Paris on the Île de la Cité. It was known simply as the place du Parvis-Notre-Dame until 2006 when it was renamed in honour of Pope John Paul II who died in 2005. The change generated controversy.The parvis was originally much smaller and its current shape dates back to the extensive urban renewal plans of Baron Haussmann during the Second French Empire.The square is also the location of France's Kilometre Zero which is indicated by a stone of the parvis.

Eglise Saint-Merri - Centre Pastoral Halles-Beaubourg
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
76 R. de la Verrerie
Paris, France 75004

01 42 71 93 93

Val-de-Grâce (church)
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
1 Place Alphonse Laveran
Paris, France 75005

Notre-Dame du Val-de-Grâce, connue populairement comme l'église du Val-de-Grâce, est une église de style classique baroque français originellement destinée à être l'église de l'abbaye royale du Val-de-Grâce située dans le arrondissement de Paris, place Alphonse Laveran.Les bâtiments de l'ancienne abbaye accueillent aujourd'hui le musée du service de santé des armées, la bibliothèque centrale du Service de santé des armées, et l'École du Val-de-Grâce, anciennement École d'Application du Service de Santé des Armées (EASSA). Le même îlot militaire comprend l'hôpital d'instruction des armées du Val-de-Grâce, situé sur l'ancien potager de l'abbaye.

Cathédrale Sainte Croix des Arméniens
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
6 TER Rue Charlot
Paris, France 75003

<>

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint Sulpice 2 rue Palatine
Paris, France

La iglesia de San Sulpicio es una destacada iglesia barroca francesa situada en la plaza de Saint-Sulpice de París, construida en honor a Sulpicio Pío, que alberga en su interior un sistema para la determinación astronómica de los equinoccios diseñado por Henry Sully.La iglesia, orientada en el sentido usual O-E, es una edificación imponente de de largo, de ancho, de altura bajo la bóveda central; es después de Notre Dame, la iglesia más grande de la ciudad.HistoriaErigida sobre los cimientos de un antiguo templo románico del siglo XIII, que sufrió sucesivas ampliaciones hasta 1631. En 1646, el sacerdote parisino Jean-Jacques Olier encargó la construcción de un nuevo edificio, que se alargó durante más de un siglo. El resultado fue un edificio sencillo, de dos plantas, con una fachada oeste formada por dos filas de elegantes columnas. La armonía del conjunto sólo la rompen las torres de los extremos, que no son parejas.Unas enormes ventanas llenan el interior de luz. Las dos conchas que hay junto a la entrada fueron un regalo de la República de Venecia a Francisco I. La base de piedra sobre la que se encuentran fue realizada por Jean-Baptiste Pigalle.

Eglise Sainte Anne de la Butte-aux-Cailles
Distance: 1.8 mi Tourist Information
188, rue de Tolbiac
Paris, France 75013

01 45 89 34 73

French Restaurant Near Saint-Séverin, Paris

Le Depart
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
29 Quai Saint Michel
Paris, France 75005

+33 01 43 54 24 55

Galway Irish Pub Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
13, quai des grands augustins
Paris, France 75006

01 43 29 64 50

Le Bar à Huîtres Saint-Germain
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
33 Rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, France 75005

0033 1 44 07 27 37

PRODUITS SIGNATURE – Au Bar à Huitres, les plateaux de fruits de mer sont réalisés par le Chef Ecailler Champion d’Europe André Tronscorf : Huitres Grand Cru, Tourteaux, Langoustines Royales, Araignées, Homards, Langoustes, Crevettes Bio sont servis dans un nuage de fraicheur. La cuisine est supervisée par le Grand Chef Jean-Jacques Jouteux et faite sur place exclusivement à partir de produits frais, produits du terroir, produits bio. EXPERIENCE SUR-MESURE – Restaurant de Haute-Mer, le Bar à Huitres propose la plus grande sélection d’huîtres Grand Cru de France avec +25 références. La carte entièrement sur iPad pour vous aider à choisir. RESTAURANT HAUTE-COUTURE - Un restaurateur indépendant, Garry Dorr signe son engagement par ce qu’il a de plus intime, son nom. Sa philosophie est celle des grands couturiers où chaque détail compte. **** SIGNATURE PRODUCTS – At the Bar à Huitres, our seafood platters are created by European Champion shucker André Tronscorf : Grand Cru oysters, crabs, royal crayfish, lobsters (spiny and blue), organic jumbo prawns are all served bathed in a cloud of freshness. The cuisine is suprvised by Head Chef Rémi Robert and prepared entirely in-house with fresh, local, organic ingredients. BESPOKE EXPERIENCE – A seafood institution, the Bar à Huitres offers the most comprehensive collection of French Grand Cru oysters in the city of lights, with +25 references available all year round. The entire menu is presented in digital form (iPad). HAUTE-COUTURE RESTAURANT - An independent restaurateur, Garry Dorr signs his name as a mark of his commitment to the clientele, to the profession and to the community. His philosophy mirrors that of the grand fashion couturiers, where each minute detail is important.

Le Sainsev
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
17 Rue Saint-Séverin
Paris, France 75005

01 43 25 03 03

RESTAURANT LE PETIT PONTOISE
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
9 RUE DE PONTOISE
Paris, France 75005

01 43 29 25 20

Au Petit Pont à Saint Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
2-4 rue du Petit-Pont
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 23 81

La Petite Périgourdine
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
39, rue des écoles
Paris, France 75005

0143263335

Restaurant chez Allard
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
41 Rue Saint-André des Arts
Paris, France 75006

01 43 26 48 23

BO - La Bouteille d'Or
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
9 quai de Montebello
Paris, France 75005

0143545258

La Bouteille d'Or a vu le jour en 1631 et ne servait alors que du vin et des spiritueux jusqu'à la révolution française en 1789. Cette taverne qui accueillait autant les aristocrates que les écrivains, les officiers de la garde du Roi, mais également les membres du clergé s'est ensuite transformée en restaurant. Un étage, puis deux, puis tout un immeuble se sont construit au-dessus du restaurant, mais la Bouteille d'Or a continué d'exister, telle qu'elle existe encore aujourd'hui. Molière mais surtout Voltaire y avait leurs habitudes. On dit que Louis XIV en personne serait venu y boire un des plus vieux vins de France, le Château Haut-Brion que le marquis de Rochegude lui-même lui aurait fait goûter. La Bouteille d'Or a fait peau neuve entre Mars et Juillet 2011, conservant ses poutres et ses pierres qui lui donnent tout son cachet et toute son authenticité. Dans 20 ans, la Bouteille d'Or aura 400 ans, quatre siècles d'art culinaire dont nous vous invitons à venir déguster l'héritage.

Chez Clément
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
9, place Saint-André des Arts
Paris, France 75006

01 56 81 32 00

La Taverne de Cluny
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
51, rue de la Harpe
Paris, France 75005

0143542888

Cafe Les Deux Moulins, Monmartre
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
15 Rue Lepic
Paris, France 75018

Beaurepaire Café Restaurant
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 rue de la Bûcherie
Paris, France 75005

01.43.29.73.57

Le Pré Verre
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
8, Rue Thenard
Paris, France 75005

01.43.54.59.47

Repris par Jean-François Paris en février 2013, Fondé par Marc et Philippe Delacourcelle en mars 2003 (pour votre santé, bougez plus et consommez nos vins et alcools avec modération) :)

Le Grand Bistrot, St Michel, Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
7, rue Saint-Séverin
Paris, France 75005

01 43 25 94 21

Spécialités françaises et savoyardes - raclettes, pierrades et fondues.

Café Latin
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
30 rue Saint Andre des Arts 75006
Paris, France 75006

+33146330206

Located in the heart of the Latin Quarter, a short walk from the Place Saint Michel and Odéon, the Café Latin is open all day for lunch and dinner, coffee or a drink. DJ every Friday and Saturday

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Bisinchi, France 75005

0495387464

The Petit Pont is a bridge crossing the River Seine in Paris, built in 1853, although a structure has crossed the river at this point since antiquity. The present bridge is a single stone arch linking the 4th arrondissement and the Île de la Cité, with the 5th arrondissement, between quai de Montebello and quai Saint-Michel. The Petit Pont is notable for having been destroyed, at least thirteen times since its original inception during Gallo-Roman times to the mid-19th century. It is served by the Metro station Saint-Michel.HistoryA bridge linking the Île de la Cité with the southern bank of the Seine has existed on this spot since early history. In the Roman predecessor to Paris, Lutetia Parisiorum, a bridge was built to utilize the convenient ford of the Seine, today's Île de la Cité. Often a victim of floods, the structure has been repeatedly rebuilt. The first known flood destroying this bridge was in 885 AD. The bridge subsequently was carried away by successive floods at least thirteen times between 885 and 1658, and at least eleven times before it was built in stone. In 1175, following yet another flood, the bishop of Paris Maurice de Sully gave his support for a new reconstruction, this time in stone. Further, after a flood destroyed the structure again in 1393, the construction of another stone bridge on the site was funded by a tax of 9,500 livres on the Jews living in Paris.

Le Reminet
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
3, rue des grands degrés
Paris, France 75005

+33144070424

Le Bistrot des Artistes
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6 rue des Anglais
Paris, France 75005

01 43 29 06 73

Comme Chai Toi - Restaurant Saint Michel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
13 quai de Montebello
Paris, France 75005

0146346612

Landmark Near Saint-Séverin, Paris

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6, Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75015

+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

St Michel Notre-Dame, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

<>

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue du pont st Michel
Paris, France 75005

0630783801

Pont Saint-Michel is a bridge linking the Place Saint-Michel on the left bank of the river Seine to the Île de la Cité. It was named after the nearby chapel of Saint-Michel. It is near Sainte Chapelle and the Palais de Justice. The present 62-metre-long bridge dates to 1857.HistoryFirst constructed in 1378, it has been rebuilt several times, most recently in 1857.The medieval bridgeThe construction of a stone bridge was decided upon in 1378 by the Parlement de Paris after an accord with the chapter of the cathedral of Notre-Dame de Paris, the provost of Paris, and the city's merchants. A location downstream of Petit-Pont was chosen, on the line of Rue Saint-Denis, from the Grand-Pont on the right bank and of Rue de la Harpe on the left bank. This allowed for a direct route across Île de la Cité.The provost, Hugues Aubriot, was charged with overseeing the project, which was funded by the king. Construction lasted from 1379 to 1387. Once complete, the Parisians named the bridge Pont-Neuf (New Bridge, but it should not be confused with the present-day Pont-Neuf), Petit-Pont-Neuf (Little New Bridge) or Pont Saint-Michel dit le Pont-Neuf (St. Michael's Bridge, known as the 'New' Bridge).

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

<>

The Fontaine Saint-Michel is a monumental fountain located in Place Saint-Michel in the 5th arrondissement in Paris. It was constructed in 1858–1860 during the French Second Empire by the architect Gabriel Davioud.HistoryThe fontaine Saint-Michel was part of the great project for the reconstruction of Paris overseen by Baron Haussmann during the French Second Empire. In 1855 Haussmann completed an enormous new boulevard, originally called boulevard de Sébastopol-rive-gauche, now called Boulevard Saint-Michel, which opened up the small place Pont-Saint-Michel into a much larger space. Haussmann asked the architect of the service of promenades and plantations of the prefecture, Gabriel Davioud, to design a fountain which would be appropriate in scale to the new square. As the architect of the prefecture, he was able to design not only the fountain but also the facades of the new buildings around it, giving coherence to the square, but he also had to deal with the demands of the prefet and city administration, which was paying for the project.Davioud's original project was for a fountain dedicated to peace, located in the center of the square. The prefect authorities rejected this idea and asked him instead to build a fountain to hide the end wall of the building at the corner of boulevard Saint-Michel and Saint-André des Arts. This forced Davioud to adapt his plan to the proportions of that building.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 19 36

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 19 36

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Le Caveau de la Huchette
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
5 Rue de la Huchette
Paris, France 75005

0143266505

Le Caveau de la Huchette is a jazz club in the Latin Quarter of Paris. The building dates to the 16th century, but became a jazz club in 1949. The design has been compared to a cellar or labyrinth and allegedly it was once used by Rosicrucians and by those linked to Freemasonry.Since becoming a jazz club it has been a venue for American greats like Lionel Hampton, Count Basie, and Art Blakey, as well as leading French jazz musicians like Claude Luter and Claude Bolling. Sidney Bechet and Bill Coleman were American expatriates in France who are also associated with the club.It was featured in the film Les Tricheurs by Marcel Carné as well as other French language films. It is considered one of the important part of Paris's nightlife in general. At present it is owned by French vibraphonist Dany Doriz.The club inspired the creation of The Cavern Club, Mathew Street, Liverpool in 1957. The Beatles performed at the Cavern Club nearly 300 times in their early years. The Cavern was similar inside to Le Caveau with tunnels and thick brick arches.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Musée National du Moyen Âge
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France 75005

Caveau De La Huchette
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
5 rue de la guchette
Paris, France

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 rue du petit pont
Paris, France 75005

Le Petit-Pont est un pont franchissant la Seine à Paris, dont l'édifice actuel fut construit en 1853. Il relie la rue de la Cité et le quai du Marché-Neuf, sur l'île de la Cité, à la place du Petit-Pont sur la rive gauche, entre le quai de Montebello et le quai Saint-Michel, prolongée par la rue du Petit-Pont, puis la rue Saint-Jacques.HistoireLe pont romainLe premier pont situé à cet endroit date de la période romaine de Lutèce où fut déjà construit un pont sous ce nom, qui provient du fait qu'il permettait de franchir le petit bras du fleuve, par opposition au « Grand-Pont », qui existait depuis l'Antiquité et qui traversait le grand bras de la Seine (ce dernier est devenu le pont Notre-Dame), cette appellation encore aujourd'hui justifiée par sa plus petite longueur de tous les ponts de Paris.Le Petit-Pont était à l'époque gallo-romaine le seul point de passage pour relier l'île de la Cité et, dans le prolongement du cardo maximus, la rive droite. Fait de bois, il était particulièrement exposé aux crues de la Seine et aux incendies. Charles le Chauve, pour protéger l'île des attaques normandes, fit édifier un ouvrage de protection à la tête du pont, en même temps qu'il renforçait les fortifications de la Cité. Les deux ponts de la Cité furent une fois encore détruits en 1111, par le comte Robert de Meulan. Le Grand-Pont fut rebâti plus à l'ouest alors que le Petit-Pont fut reconstruit au même emplacement, qu'il a conservé jusqu'à nos jours.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 rue du petit pont
Paris, France 75005

Le Petit-Pont est un pont franchissant la Seine à Paris, dont l'édifice actuel fut construit en 1853. Il relie la rue de la Cité et le quai du Marché-Neuf, sur l'île de la Cité, à la place du Petit-Pont sur la rive gauche, entre le quai de Montebello et le quai Saint-Michel, prolongée par la rue du Petit-Pont, puis la rue Saint-Jacques.HistoireLe pont romainLe premier pont situé à cet endroit date de la période romaine de Lutèce où fut déjà construit un pont sous ce nom, qui provient du fait qu'il permettait de franchir le petit bras du fleuve, par opposition au « Grand-Pont », qui existait depuis l'Antiquité et qui traversait le grand bras de la Seine (ce dernier est devenu le pont Notre-Dame), cette appellation encore aujourd'hui justifiée par sa plus petite longueur de tous les ponts de Paris.Le Petit-Pont était à l'époque gallo-romaine le seul point de passage pour relier l'île de la Cité et, dans le prolongement du cardo maximus, la rive droite. Fait de bois, il était particulièrement exposé aux crues de la Seine et aux incendies. Charles le Chauve, pour protéger l'île des attaques normandes, fit édifier un ouvrage de protection à la tête du pont, en même temps qu'il renforçait les fortifications de la Cité. Les deux ponts de la Cité furent une fois encore détruits en 1111, par le comte Robert de Meulan. Le Grand-Pont fut rebâti plus à l'ouest alors que le Petit-Pont fut reconstruit au même emplacement, qu'il a conservé jusqu'à nos jours.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
11 Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France

La fuente Saint-Michel es una fuente parisina situada en el VI distrito de la ciudad. Se encuentra en el corazón del barrio latino y ocupa la totalidad de una de las paredes de un edificio de seis plantas. Fue catalogada como monumento histórico en 1926.HistoriaLa fuente, cuya estructura principal es la de un arco de triunfo, se enmarca dentro del plan de transformación de París durante el Segundo Imperio puesto en marcha por Barón Haussmann bajo Napoleon III de cara a ocultar una antiestética fachada generada por las obras de apertura del bulevar Saint-Michel. Descartada la idea inicial de decorarla con una estatua monumental de Napoleón Bonaparte, se optó finalmente por una obra que representara la lucha del Bien y del Mal donde el Arcángel Miguel, espada en mano, aparece sometiendo al Demonio.Gabriel Davioud ayudado por Flament, Simonet y Halo se encargan de poner en pie la obra. Alcanza 26 metros de altura y 15 de ancho. La estatua del arcángel sometiendo al Demonio es obra de Francisque Duret. En la parte baja, dos dragones, realizados por Henri-Alfred Jacquemart, escupen agua a un estanque situado a los pies de la escalinata que lleva hasta el pedestal de la escultura principal. La decoración de la fuente se completa con cuatro estatuas de bronce situadas sobre otras tantas columnas corintias adosadas de mármol rojo del Languedoc que representan a las cuatro virtudes cardinales: la templanza (de Charles Gumery), la justicia (de Louis Valentin Robert), la prudencia (de Jean Auguste Barre) y la fortaleza (de Eugène Guillaume). Por último en la parte superior, se sitúa un panel de mármol verde con una inscripción que conmemora el edificio, rodeado por dos pilastras de apoyo, rematados en su cúspide por un frontón roto que muestra el escudo de armas del emperador.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
11 Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France

La fuente Saint-Michel es una fuente parisina situada en el VI distrito de la ciudad. Se encuentra en el corazón del barrio latino y ocupa la totalidad de una de las paredes de un edificio de seis plantas. Fue catalogada como monumento histórico en 1926.HistoriaLa fuente, cuya estructura principal es la de un arco de triunfo, se enmarca dentro del plan de transformación de París durante el Segundo Imperio puesto en marcha por Barón Haussmann bajo Napoleon III de cara a ocultar una antiestética fachada generada por las obras de apertura del bulevar Saint-Michel. Descartada la idea inicial de decorarla con una estatua monumental de Napoleón Bonaparte, se optó finalmente por una obra que representara la lucha del Bien y del Mal donde el Arcángel Miguel, espada en mano, aparece sometiendo al Demonio.Gabriel Davioud ayudado por Flament, Simonet y Halo se encargan de poner en pie la obra. Alcanza 26 metros de altura y 15 de ancho. La estatua del arcángel sometiendo al Demonio es obra de Francisque Duret. En la parte baja, dos dragones, realizados por Henri-Alfred Jacquemart, escupen agua a un estanque situado a los pies de la escalinata que lleva hasta el pedestal de la escultura principal. La decoración de la fuente se completa con cuatro estatuas de bronce situadas sobre otras tantas columnas corintias adosadas de mármol rojo del Languedoc que representan a las cuatro virtudes cardinales: la templanza (de Charles Gumery), la justicia (de Louis Valentin Robert), la prudencia (de Jean Auguste Barre) y la fortaleza (de Eugène Guillaume). Por último en la parte superior, se sitúa un panel de mármol verde con una inscripción que conmemora el edificio, rodeado por dos pilastras de apoyo, rematados en su cúspide por un frontón roto que muestra el escudo de armas del emperador.

Point zéro Notre Dame
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
22 Grande Rue
Paris, France 75004

<>

Landmark Near Saint-Séverin, Paris

Cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6, Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75015

+33 (0)1 42 34 56 10

Fondée en 1163, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris se dresse au coeur de l'île de la Cité et de Paris et est le témoin vivant de 850 ans d'histoire ! Page Facebook des 850 ans : http://www.facebook.com/notredamedeparis2013

St Michel Notre-Dame, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

<>

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue du pont st Michel
Paris, France 75005

0630783801

Pont Saint-Michel is a bridge linking the Place Saint-Michel on the left bank of the river Seine to the Île de la Cité. It was named after the nearby chapel of Saint-Michel. It is near Sainte Chapelle and the Palais de Justice. The present 62-metre-long bridge dates to 1857.HistoryFirst constructed in 1378, it has been rebuilt several times, most recently in 1857.The medieval bridgeThe construction of a stone bridge was decided upon in 1378 by the Parlement de Paris after an accord with the chapter of the cathedral of Notre-Dame de Paris, the provost of Paris, and the city's merchants. A location downstream of Petit-Pont was chosen, on the line of Rue Saint-Denis, from the Grand-Pont on the right bank and of Rue de la Harpe on the left bank. This allowed for a direct route across Île de la Cité.The provost, Hugues Aubriot, was charged with overseeing the project, which was funded by the king. Construction lasted from 1379 to 1387. Once complete, the Parisians named the bridge Pont-Neuf (New Bridge, but it should not be confused with the present-day Pont-Neuf), Petit-Pont-Neuf (Little New Bridge) or Pont Saint-Michel dit le Pont-Neuf (St. Michael's Bridge, known as the 'New' Bridge).

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, France 75006

<>

The Fontaine Saint-Michel is a monumental fountain located in Place Saint-Michel in the 5th arrondissement in Paris. It was constructed in 1858–1860 during the French Second Empire by the architect Gabriel Davioud.HistoryThe fontaine Saint-Michel was part of the great project for the reconstruction of Paris overseen by Baron Haussmann during the French Second Empire. In 1855 Haussmann completed an enormous new boulevard, originally called boulevard de Sébastopol-rive-gauche, now called Boulevard Saint-Michel, which opened up the small place Pont-Saint-Michel into a much larger space. Haussmann asked the architect of the service of promenades and plantations of the prefecture, Gabriel Davioud, to design a fountain which would be appropriate in scale to the new square. As the architect of the prefecture, he was able to design not only the fountain but also the facades of the new buildings around it, giving coherence to the square, but he also had to deal with the demands of the prefet and city administration, which was paying for the project.Davioud's original project was for a fountain dedicated to peace, located in the center of the square. The prefect authorities rejected this idea and asked him instead to build a fountain to hide the end wall of the building at the corner of boulevard Saint-Michel and Saint-André des Arts. This forced Davioud to adapt his plan to the proportions of that building.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 19 36

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue des Prêtres Saint-Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 19 36

The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Le Caveau de la Huchette
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
5 Rue de la Huchette
Paris, France 75005

0143266505

Le Caveau de la Huchette is a jazz club in the Latin Quarter of Paris. The building dates to the 16th century, but became a jazz club in 1949. The design has been compared to a cellar or labyrinth and allegedly it was once used by Rosicrucians and by those linked to Freemasonry.Since becoming a jazz club it has been a venue for American greats like Lionel Hampton, Count Basie, and Art Blakey, as well as leading French jazz musicians like Claude Luter and Claude Bolling. Sidney Bechet and Bill Coleman were American expatriates in France who are also associated with the club.It was featured in the film Les Tricheurs by Marcel Carné as well as other French language films. It is considered one of the important part of Paris's nightlife in general. At present it is owned by French vibraphonist Dany Doriz.The club inspired the creation of The Cavern Club, Mathew Street, Liverpool in 1957. The Beatles performed at the Cavern Club nearly 300 times in their early years. The Cavern was similar inside to Le Caveau with tunnels and thick brick arches.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Parvis Notre-Dame – place Jean-Paul-II
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

<>

Le parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II est une place de Paris, située sur l'île de la Cité et sur laquelle s'étend le parvis de la cathédrale Notre-Dame (le parvis Notre-Dame souvent appelé parvis de Notre-Dame en français moderne). Une crypte archéologique y est également présente, ainsi que plusieurs statues, dont celle de Charlemagne.OdonymieDepuis le, la place s'appelle « parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II » en hommage au pape Jean-Paul II mort le. Le changement de nom a fait l'objet d'une cérémonie organisée par la mairie de Paris, en présence du maire de Paris Bertrand Delanoë, de l'archevêque de Paris monseigneur André Vingt-Trois, du nonce apostolique monseigneur Fortunato Baldelli, et du clergé de Paris.Ce changement d'appellation, par la décision municipale du, n'a pas fait l'unanimité au sein de la majorité municipale, car jugée contraire à la laïcité, et a fait l'objet de manifestations d'opposition. L'inauguration s'est faite sous très haute surveillance policière dans un climat tendu et a été marquée par une cinquantaine d'interpellations.

Musée National du Moyen Âge
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France 75005

Caveau De La Huchette
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
5 rue de la guchette
Paris, France

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 rue du petit pont
Paris, France 75005

Le Petit-Pont est un pont franchissant la Seine à Paris, dont l'édifice actuel fut construit en 1853. Il relie la rue de la Cité et le quai du Marché-Neuf, sur l'île de la Cité, à la place du Petit-Pont sur la rive gauche, entre le quai de Montebello et le quai Saint-Michel, prolongée par la rue du Petit-Pont, puis la rue Saint-Jacques.HistoireLe pont romainLe premier pont situé à cet endroit date de la période romaine de Lutèce où fut déjà construit un pont sous ce nom, qui provient du fait qu'il permettait de franchir le petit bras du fleuve, par opposition au « Grand-Pont », qui existait depuis l'Antiquité et qui traversait le grand bras de la Seine (ce dernier est devenu le pont Notre-Dame), cette appellation encore aujourd'hui justifiée par sa plus petite longueur de tous les ponts de Paris.Le Petit-Pont était à l'époque gallo-romaine le seul point de passage pour relier l'île de la Cité et, dans le prolongement du cardo maximus, la rive droite. Fait de bois, il était particulièrement exposé aux crues de la Seine et aux incendies. Charles le Chauve, pour protéger l'île des attaques normandes, fit édifier un ouvrage de protection à la tête du pont, en même temps qu'il renforçait les fortifications de la Cité. Les deux ponts de la Cité furent une fois encore détruits en 1111, par le comte Robert de Meulan. Le Grand-Pont fut rebâti plus à l'ouest alors que le Petit-Pont fut reconstruit au même emplacement, qu'il a conservé jusqu'à nos jours.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
1 rue du petit pont
Paris, France 75005

Le Petit-Pont est un pont franchissant la Seine à Paris, dont l'édifice actuel fut construit en 1853. Il relie la rue de la Cité et le quai du Marché-Neuf, sur l'île de la Cité, à la place du Petit-Pont sur la rive gauche, entre le quai de Montebello et le quai Saint-Michel, prolongée par la rue du Petit-Pont, puis la rue Saint-Jacques.HistoireLe pont romainLe premier pont situé à cet endroit date de la période romaine de Lutèce où fut déjà construit un pont sous ce nom, qui provient du fait qu'il permettait de franchir le petit bras du fleuve, par opposition au « Grand-Pont », qui existait depuis l'Antiquité et qui traversait le grand bras de la Seine (ce dernier est devenu le pont Notre-Dame), cette appellation encore aujourd'hui justifiée par sa plus petite longueur de tous les ponts de Paris.Le Petit-Pont était à l'époque gallo-romaine le seul point de passage pour relier l'île de la Cité et, dans le prolongement du cardo maximus, la rive droite. Fait de bois, il était particulièrement exposé aux crues de la Seine et aux incendies. Charles le Chauve, pour protéger l'île des attaques normandes, fit édifier un ouvrage de protection à la tête du pont, en même temps qu'il renforçait les fortifications de la Cité. Les deux ponts de la Cité furent une fois encore détruits en 1111, par le comte Robert de Meulan. Le Grand-Pont fut rebâti plus à l'ouest alors que le Petit-Pont fut reconstruit au même emplacement, qu'il a conservé jusqu'à nos jours.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
11 Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France

La fuente Saint-Michel es una fuente parisina situada en el VI distrito de la ciudad. Se encuentra en el corazón del barrio latino y ocupa la totalidad de una de las paredes de un edificio de seis plantas. Fue catalogada como monumento histórico en 1926.HistoriaLa fuente, cuya estructura principal es la de un arco de triunfo, se enmarca dentro del plan de transformación de París durante el Segundo Imperio puesto en marcha por Barón Haussmann bajo Napoleon III de cara a ocultar una antiestética fachada generada por las obras de apertura del bulevar Saint-Michel. Descartada la idea inicial de decorarla con una estatua monumental de Napoleón Bonaparte, se optó finalmente por una obra que representara la lucha del Bien y del Mal donde el Arcángel Miguel, espada en mano, aparece sometiendo al Demonio.Gabriel Davioud ayudado por Flament, Simonet y Halo se encargan de poner en pie la obra. Alcanza 26 metros de altura y 15 de ancho. La estatua del arcángel sometiendo al Demonio es obra de Francisque Duret. En la parte baja, dos dragones, realizados por Henri-Alfred Jacquemart, escupen agua a un estanque situado a los pies de la escalinata que lleva hasta el pedestal de la escultura principal. La decoración de la fuente se completa con cuatro estatuas de bronce situadas sobre otras tantas columnas corintias adosadas de mármol rojo del Languedoc que representan a las cuatro virtudes cardinales: la templanza (de Charles Gumery), la justicia (de Louis Valentin Robert), la prudencia (de Jean Auguste Barre) y la fortaleza (de Eugène Guillaume). Por último en la parte superior, se sitúa un panel de mármol verde con una inscripción que conmemora el edificio, rodeado por dos pilastras de apoyo, rematados en su cúspide por un frontón roto que muestra el escudo de armas del emperador.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
11 Place Saint-Michel
Paris, France

La fuente Saint-Michel es una fuente parisina situada en el VI distrito de la ciudad. Se encuentra en el corazón del barrio latino y ocupa la totalidad de una de las paredes de un edificio de seis plantas. Fue catalogada como monumento histórico en 1926.HistoriaLa fuente, cuya estructura principal es la de un arco de triunfo, se enmarca dentro del plan de transformación de París durante el Segundo Imperio puesto en marcha por Barón Haussmann bajo Napoleon III de cara a ocultar una antiestética fachada generada por las obras de apertura del bulevar Saint-Michel. Descartada la idea inicial de decorarla con una estatua monumental de Napoleón Bonaparte, se optó finalmente por una obra que representara la lucha del Bien y del Mal donde el Arcángel Miguel, espada en mano, aparece sometiendo al Demonio.Gabriel Davioud ayudado por Flament, Simonet y Halo se encargan de poner en pie la obra. Alcanza 26 metros de altura y 15 de ancho. La estatua del arcángel sometiendo al Demonio es obra de Francisque Duret. En la parte baja, dos dragones, realizados por Henri-Alfred Jacquemart, escupen agua a un estanque situado a los pies de la escalinata que lleva hasta el pedestal de la escultura principal. La decoración de la fuente se completa con cuatro estatuas de bronce situadas sobre otras tantas columnas corintias adosadas de mármol rojo del Languedoc que representan a las cuatro virtudes cardinales: la templanza (de Charles Gumery), la justicia (de Louis Valentin Robert), la prudencia (de Jean Auguste Barre) y la fortaleza (de Eugène Guillaume). Por último en la parte superior, se sitúa un panel de mármol verde con una inscripción que conmemora el edificio, rodeado por dos pilastras de apoyo, rematados en su cúspide por un frontón roto que muestra el escudo de armas del emperador.

Point zéro Notre Dame
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
22 Grande Rue
Paris, France 75004

<>

Organization Near Saint-Séverin, Paris

Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
5 rue Thomas-Mann
Paris, France 75016

<>

L'Université Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne compte environ 42 000 étudiants. Elle propose 238 diplômes nationaux et 71 diplômes d’université. Membre du de la comue heSam Université, Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne a pour président, le professeur Georges Haddad. Les trois grands domaines d’enseignement de l’Université Paris 1 sont les Sciences économiques et de gestion, les Arts et Sciences Humaines, ainsi que les Sciences juridiques et politique. Huit siècles d’expérience, 1 603 enseignants-chercheurs, 315 programmes d’échange avec des établissements renommés, 14 écoles doctorales, 42 équipes de recherches (dont 20 unités mixtes de recherche) font de Paris 1 une pépinière de talents aspirant à l’excellence.

Sorbonne Université Paris 1 Panthéon Sorbonne
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
17, rue de La Sorbonne
Paris, France 75005 PARIS

+33 (0)1 40 46 22 11

*** *** *** *** *** *** MESSAGE TO COMMON SITES... THIS PLACE MUSTN'T HONNOUR US WITH YOURS PRESENCES. *** *** *** *** *** ***

Cité internationale des arts
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
18, rue de l'Hôtel de Ville
Paris, France 75004

0142787172

Depuis 1965, la Cité internationale des arts est une Fondation reconnue d’utilité publique qui a pour vocation d’accueillir en résidence à Paris des artistes professionnels étrangers et français. Ainsi, chaque année, plus de 1000 artistes venus de plus de 55 pays séjournent dans l’un des 325 ateliers de résidence. Cette institution a été rêvée par Eero Snellman, artiste finlandais, lors d’un discours prononcé à l’occasion de l’Exposition Universelle de Paris en 1937. C’est après la seconde guerre mondiale que cette idée fut reprise et développée par M. et Mme Félix Brunau avec le soutien du Ministère de la Culture, du Ministère des Affaires Etrangères, de la Ville de Paris, et de l’Académie des Beaux-Arts. Un premier bâtiment dessiné par l’architecte franco-tunisien Olivier-Clément Cacoub a vu le jour en 1965 et progressivement d’autres bâtiments se sont adjoints, confiés par la Ville de Paris sur le site du Marais (285 ateliers) puis sur celui de Montmartre (40 ateliers) 70% des ateliers sont souscrits par des opérateurs étrangers et français qui désignent les résidents selon des modalités qui leur sont propres (durées, bourses). 30 % des ateliers sont réservés pour répondre aux candidatures individuelles qui font l’objet d’une sélection par deux commissions de professionnels (l’une dédiée aux arts visuels ; l’autre à la musique). Elles se réunissent deux fois par an. Ainsi, la Cité internationale des Arts se trouve au croisement de politiques culturelles portées par des pays, des collectivités territoriales et des institutions d’une part et des projets de résidence directement mis en œuvre par les artistes.

Mémorial de la Shoah
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
17, rue Geoffroy-l’Asnier
Paris, France 75004

01 42 77 44 72

Un mémorial pour comprendre et transmettre aux nouvelles générations l’histoire du génocide de la Seconde Guerre mondiale, et lutter contre le retour de toute forme d’intolérance.

LYCEE LOUIS LE GRAND PARIS
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
123 r St Jacques
Paris, France 75005

01 44 32 82 00

MINES ParisTech - école des Mines de Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
60, boulevard Saint-Michel
Paris, France 75272

+33 1 40 51 90 00

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève, 75005
Paris, France 75005

L'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont est une église située sur la montagne Sainte-Geneviève, dans le arrondissement de Paris, à proximité du lycée Henri-IV et du Panthéon. Elle fait l'objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques par la liste de 1862.HistoireLes premières églisesL'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont tire son origine de l'abbaye Sainte-Geneviève, où la sainte éponyme avait été inhumée au. L'abbaye attirant à elle une foule de laïcs à son service, une chapelle leur est d'abord affectée dans la crypte. Consacrée à la Vierge Marie, puis à saint Jean apôtre, le lieu s'avère trop exigu pour accueillir tous les fidèles. En 1222, le pape Honorius III autorise la fondation d'une église autonome, qui est consacrée cette fois à saint Étienne, alors saint patron de la cathédrale Saint-Étienne de Paris, l'ancienne cathédrale de Paris qui se trouvait à l'emplacement de Notre-Dame.

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of Saint Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.HistoryThe church of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont originated in the abbey of Sainte-Genevieve, where the eponymous saint had been buried in the 6th century. Devoted to the Virgin Mary, then to St. John the Apostle, the place was too small to accommodate all the faithful. In 1222, Pope Honorius III authorized the establishment of an autonomous church, which was devoted this time to St Etienne, then the patron saint of the old cathedral of Paris.

Académie française - actualités
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
23, quai de Conti
Paris, France 75270

+ 33 (0)1 44 41 43 00

Ceci est une page de partage et de relai d'actualités concernant l'Académie française.

Sorbonne
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
17 Rue de la Sorbonne
Paris, France 75005

The Sorbonne is an edifice of the Latin Quarter, in Paris, France, which was the historical house of the former University of Paris. Today, it houses part or all of several higher education and research institutions such as Panthéon-Sorbonne University, Sorbonne Nouvelle University, Paris-Sorbonne University, Paris Descartes University, the École Nationale des Chartes and the École pratique des hautes études.Collège de SorbonneThe name is derived from the Collège de Sorbonne, initiated during 1257 by the eponymous Robert de Sorbon as one of the first significant colleges of the medieval University of Paris. The university predates the college by about a century, and minor colleges had been founded already during the late 12th century. During the 16th century, the Sorbonne became involved with the intellectual struggle between Catholics and Protestants. The University served as a major stronghold of Catholic conservative attitudes and, as such, conducted a struggle against King Francis I's policy of relative tolerance towards the French Protestants, except for a brief period during 1533 when the University was given Protestant control.

LYCEE HENRI IV PARIS
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Lycée Henri-IV 23 rue Clovis -
Paris, France 75005

Tél. : +33 1.44.41.21.21 - Fax : +33 1.43.29.95.21

Institut de France
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
23 Quai de Conti
Paris, France 75270

The Institut de France is a French learned society, grouping five académies, the most famous of which is the Académie française.The Institute, located in Paris, manages approximately 1,000 foundations, as well as museums and châteaux open for visit. It also awards prizes and subsidies, which amounted to a total of €5,028,190.55 for 2002. Most of these prizes are awarded by the Institute on the recommendation of the académies.HistoryThe Institut de France was established on 25 October 1795, by the French government.Académies Académie française (French Academy, concerning the French language) – initiated 1635, suppressed 1793, restored 1803 as a division of the institute. Académie des inscriptions et belles-lettres (Academy of Humanities) – initiated 1663. Académie des sciences (Academy of Sciences) – initiated 1666. Académie des beaux-arts (Academy of Fine Arts) – created 1816 as the merger of the Académie de peinture et de sculpture (Academy of Painting and Sculpture, initiated 1648) Académie de musique (Academy of Music, initiated 1669) and Académie d'architecture (Academy of Architecture, initiated 1671)

Arènes de Lutèce
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
49 Rue Monge 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

<>

The Arènes de Lutèce are among the most important remains from the Gallo-Roman era in Paris (known in antiquity as Lutetia, or Lutèce in French), together with the Thermes de Cluny. Lying in what is now the Quartier Latin, this amphitheater could once seat 15,000 people, and was used to present gladiatorial combats.Constructed in the 1st century AD, this amphitheater is considered the longest of its kind constructed by the Romans. The sunken arena of the amphitheater was surrounded by the wall of a podium 2.5 m (8.2 feet) high, surmounted by a parapet. The presence of a 41.2-m- (135-foot-) long stage allowed scenes to alternate between theatrical productions and combat. A series of nine niches aided in improving the acoustics. Five cubbyholes were situated beneath the lower terraces, of which there appear to have been animal cages that opened directly into the arena. Historians believe that the terraces, which surrounded more than half of the arena's circumference, could accommodate as many as 17,000 spectators.Slaves, the poor, and women were relegated to the higher tiers — while the lower seating areas were reserved for Roman male citizens. For comfort, a linen awning sheltered spectators from the hot sun. Circus acts showcased wild animals. From its vantage point, the amphitheater also afforded a spectacular view of the Bièvre and Seine rivers.When Lutèce was sacked during the barbarian invasions of 280 A.D., some of the structure's stone work was carted off to reinforce the city's defences around the Île de la Cité. Subsequently, the amphitheater became a cemetery, and then it was filled in completely following the construction of wall of Philippe Auguste (ca. 1210).

Saint-Merri
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
76, rue de la verrerie
Paris, France 75004

L’église Saint-Merri est une église catholique située à proximité du centre Georges-Pompidou au croisement de la rue Saint-Martin et de la rue de la Verrerie dans le arrondissement de Paris. Le nom de Saint-Merri viendrait de l’abbé Saint Médéric, mort en l’an 700, canonisé puis rebaptisé saint Merri par contraction. Les restes de ce saint reposent toujours dans la crypte de l’église.HistoireHistoire de l'égliseLa traditionLa tradition raconte que Médéric (Medericus), abbé de l'Abbaye de Saint-Martin d'Autun, vint vivre en ermite dans une cabane à proximité de l’oratoire Saint-Pierre-des-Bois qui s’élevait à cet endroit. Il meurt le 29 août 700 et y est enterré et l'oratoire est transformé en chapelle sous le nom de chapelle Saint-Pierre-des-Bois ou plus simplement chapelle Saint-Pierre.En 884, l’évêque de Paris Gozlin fait exhumer et mettre en châsse les restes de Saint-Médéric, qui deviendra Saint-Merri, désormais considérés comme des reliques. C’est à cette époque que saint-Médéric est choisi pour devenir le saint patron de la rive droite et la chapelle prenant alors le nom de chapelle Saint-Médéric ou chapelle Saint-Merri.

Musée national Eugène Delacroix
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
6, rue de Furstenberg
Paris, France 75006

0033 (0)1 44 41 86 50

Le Musée national Eugène-Delacroix est un musée qui a été fondé à la fin des années 1920 par la Société des Amis d’Eugène Delacroix. Il a ouvert pour la première fois en juin 1932, avec une première exposition dédiée au peintre et à ses proches, Delacroix et ses amis.Installé dans le dernier appartement et le dernier atelier du peintre, où il vécut de décembre 1857 à sa mort, le 13 août 1863, le musée a été créé, plus de soixante ans après le décès de Delacroix, par des peintres, des collectionneurs, des conservateurs, réunis en association pour sauver les lieux, menacés de destruction. Présidée par Maurice Denis, dont l’implication pour le musée fut sans failles, la Société des Amis d’Eugène Delacroix rassemblait aussi Henri Matisse, Paul Signac, Édouard Vuillard, George Desvallières, notamment.Le musée Eugène-Delacroix est un musée ainsi conçu en hommage à Eugène Delacroix, peintre, dessinateur, graveur et écrivain. Sa collection propre, singulière, est la seule au monde à présenter la diversité des talents du grand artiste et à souligner l’influence insigne que son œuvre exerça sur la création artistique, jusqu’à aujourd’hui.Histoire du musée Eugène DelacroixEugène Delacroix s’installa 6 rue de Furstenberg, le 28 décembre 1857, abandonnant l’atelier de la rue Notre-Dame-de-Lorette qu’il louait depuis 1844 et qui était trop éloigné de l’église Saint-Sulpice dont il devait, dès 1847, décorer la chapelle. Souffrant depuis plusieurs années, l’artiste souhaitait finir à tout prix son œuvre, mais il n’était plus en mesure de faire chaque jour un long  trajet depuis la rive droite. Aussi fut-il heureux de trouver par l’intermédiaire de son ami, le marchand de couleurs et restaurateur de tableaux Étienne Haro (1827-1897), un logement calme et aéré, entre cour et jardin, situé au premier étage d’un immeuble relativement proche de Saint-Sulpice et faisant partie des anciens communs du palais abbatial de Saint-Germain-des-Prés. Delacroix obtint un bail de quinze ans, avec autorisation pour construire un atelier dans le jardin, à condition d’en soumettre au préalable les plans.

Saint-Louis-en-l'Île
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
19 Rue Saint Louis en l'Ile
Paris, France 75004

L’église Saint-Louis-en-l’Île est une église française située dans l'actuel arrondissement de Paris, sur l’île Saint-Louis. L’église se trouve à l'intersection de la rue Saint-Louis-en-l’Île et de la rue Poulletier. Cet édifice a été construit en plusieurs étapes de 1624 à 1726. Son saint patron est Saint Louis de France qui régna sous le nom de Louis IX.La paroisse est actuellement une des plus petites du diocèse de Paris. Elle couvre la moitié de l’île de la Cité, l’île Saint-Louis en elle-même et l'ancienne île Louviers (la partie entre l’actuel boulevard Morland et la Seine).Origine du nomL’église est dédiée à Louis IX qui régna sur la France de 1226 à 1270 et qui serait venu prier sur l’île aux Vaches, incorporée dans l’île Saint-Louis au moment du lotissement des lieux. Ce serait sur cet îlot qu'il prit la croix en 1269 avant de partir assiéger Tunis.Il racheta à l'empereur de Constantinople, Baudouin II, la relique de la couronne d'épines du Christ. L'imagerie populaire montre souvent le saint roi en possession de ces reliques pour lesquelles il fit bâtir la Sainte Chapelle. Louis IX a été canonisé en 1297 par le pape Boniface VIII sous le nom de saint Louis de France.

La Samaritaine
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
19, rue de la Monnaie
Paris, France 75001

La Samaritaine is a large department store in Paris, France, located in the First Arrondissement. The nearest metro station is Pont-Neuf. It is currently owned by LVMH, a luxury-goods maker. The store, which had been operating at a loss since the 1970s, was finally closed in 2005 because the building did not meet safety codes. Plans for redeveloping the building involved lengthy complications, as the representatives of the store's founders argued with new owners LVMH over the building's future as a department store or a mixed-use development. In 2010 it was finally announced that a Japanese firm had been chosen to redesign the building as a combination hotel/apartments/offices, with a small retail component.HistoryThe store was first opened in 1869 by Ernest Cognacq and Marie-Louise Jaÿ, his wife and incidentally the first clothing vendor at Le Bon Marché, a rival department store. Cognacq began his trade selling ties under an umbrella on the Pont Neuf, then took a space on the rue de la Monnaie, starting out on a small scale with a very small boutique. By 1900, the couple had decided to expand their enterprise, giving birth to the large edifice seen today, the "Grands Magasins de La Samaritaine". Inspired by the commercial methods of Aristide Boucicaut to those of Le Bon Marché, Ernest Cognacq drew upon various sources in organizing the ideal (and ideally managed) department store. Cognacq arranged La Samaritaine as a collection of individually owned stores, each managed by true "petits patrons" who operated in concert yet autonomously.

Lycée Henri-IV
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
23 rue Clovis
Paris, France 75005

The Lycée Henri-IV is a public secondary school located in Paris. Along with Louis-le-Grand it is widely regarded as one of the most demanding sixth-form colleges in France.The school has more than 2,500 students from collège (the first four years of secondary education in France) to classes préparatoires (classes to prepare students for entrance to the elite grandes écoles such as École Polytechnique, Centrale Paris, ESSEC Business School or HEC Paris, among others).Its motto is "Domus Omnibus Una" ("A Home For All").Buildings and historyLycée Henri-IV is located in the former royal Abbey of St Genevieve, in the heart of the Latin Quarter on the left bank of the river Seine, near the Panthéon, the church Saint-Étienne-du-Mont, and the rue Mouffetard. Rich in history, architecture and culture, the Latin Quarter contains France's oldest and the most prestigious educational establishments: the École Normale Supérieure, the Sorbonne, the Collège de France and the Lycée Louis-le-Grand.

SancyEvents Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
8 rue Baillet
Paris, France 75001

0619843798

Sancy Events Group Agence complètement indépendante depuis sa création en 2011, Sancy Events Group s’efforce depuis sa naissance de proposer des événements qui sortent de l’ordinaire, s’inspirant notamment des créations & thèmes déjà développés dans des pays étrangers, qui sont des références du divertissement grand public tels que l’Angleterre, l’Espagne, les Etats Unis, ou encore depuis quelques années certains pays de l’EST, pour ne citer qu’eux. Le Groupe intègre plusieurs établissements de critères très différents, c’est ainsi qu’elle diversifie ses compétences sur 3 spécialités & cœur de cibles différents : - Les événements GP – Grand Publique Il s’agit de tous les événements organisés qui ciblent une clientèle grand public, bien sûr à travers des thèmes de soirées et d’événements divers, à travers une communication de masse qui s’appuie sur les principaux leviers tels que les Réseaux Sociaux, les sites de soirées, les référencement, mais aussi une de nos spécificités, les soirées Privés. - Les soirées Privés Pas de panique, lorsqu’on entend soirées privés, notre subconscient à tendance à s’imaginer des événements ultra communautaires, quels qu’ils soient, et ce n’est absolument pas notre identité, il s’agit tout simplement de proposer nos services à toutes les personnes qui souhaitent organiser un Anniversaire, Enterrement de vie de célibataire ou autre, notre particularité réside principalement dans nos tarifs et la palette efficacement proportionnée de discothèques qui font partie du groupe Sancy Events, qui nous permettent de proposer, en accord avec nos partenaires, des prix/personnes parmi les plus intéressants du marché. Source : www.anaé.com - Les Evénements Professionnels Depuis 2015, Sancy Events Group propose ses services aux entreprises, elle organise notamment les événements du groupe SFR. Il s’agit là de proposer des formules « Clé en main » aux entreprises qui font de l’image de leur société ainsi que de la cohésion de leur équipe, une priorité dans leur stratégie marketing et leur politique budgétaire. Nous sommes aujourd’hui dans un contexte particulier en ces temps de crise qui amoindrit les budgets entreprises pour l’organisation de leurs événements (Présentation de nouveau produit, Séminaires, Vœux, etc…), c’est donc la raison pour laquelle notre groupe se positionne aujourd’hui comme une alternative avec rapport qualité/prix défiant toute concurrence sur le marché de l’événementiel.

Centre tchèque de Paris České centrum Paříž
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
18 rue Bonaparte
Paris, France 75006

01 53 73 00 22

Le Centre culturel tchèque de Paris a pour mission de présenter la culture tchèque en France sous toutes ses formes. En ses murs, il organise trois à cinq évenements par semaine : expositions, concerts de musique classique, projections de cinéma, soirées littéraires, conférences... Il a son propre club de jazz, le Paris-Prague jazz club, et sa bibliothèque-médiatèque. Il accueille des cours de langue tchèque pour adultes, ainsi que l'Ecole tchèque sans frontières, qui organise des cours de tchèque pour les enfants. Il organise et participe également à de nombreux événements hors ses murs, souvent en collaboration avec diverses institutions françaises, dont le Centre Pompidou, le Musée d'art moderne de la ville de Paris, le Forum des images etc. L’histoire du 18 rue Bonaparte est chargée d'une forte valeur symbolique : en effet, l’adresse accueillit notamment, en 1916, le Gouvernement provisoire de Masaryk, premier président de la Tchécoslovaquie. Le Centre tchèque voit le jour en 1997. Le Centre tchèque de Paris est membre du Forum des instituts culturels étrangers à Paris (FICEP - www.ficep.info) et fut à l'origine de divers projets tels que festival international Jazzycolors (www.jazzycolors.net) ou la Nuit de la littérature (www.nuitdelalitterature.net). Il fait partie du réseau des Centres tchèques, qui sont une organisation de contribution du Ministère des affaires étrangères de la République tchèque.

Local Business Near Saint-Séverin, Paris

Flagrant Delice
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
16 6 Rue Saint-Séverin
Paris, France 75005

<>

Frogburger" Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
18 Rue Saint-Severin
Paris, France 75005

Ristorante - Le Saint Séverin
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
5 rue St Séverin 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

Hotel Henri Iv, Notre Dame-Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
9-11 rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 46 33 20 20

Paris, Latin Quater
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Hotel Parc Saint Severin, 22 rue de la Parcheminerie
Paris, France 75005

Mirama
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
17 Rue St Jacques
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 71 77

La Dolce Vita
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
17 Rue Xavier Privas
Paris, France 75005

Le Grand Bistrot, St Michel, Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
7, rue Saint-Séverin
Paris, France 75005

01 43 25 94 21

Spécialités françaises et savoyardes - raclettes, pierrades et fondues.

Le Latin St. Jacques
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
4 Rue Saint Severin
Paris, France 75005

01 44 07 13 21

Quai de Montebello
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Quai de Montebello
Paris, France

<>

Rasa Yoga Rive Gauche
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
21 rue Saint Jacques
Paris, France 75005

+33 (0)1 43 54 14 59

Hellenis
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue Xavier Privas
Paris, France 75005

Aux Trois Mailletz
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
56 Rue Galande
Paris, France 75005

01 43 54 00 79

Au 3 Mailletz
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
56 rue galante
Paris, France

Noter Dame
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
place du Parvis-Notre-Dame
Paris, France 75004

Ad Tatum
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
52 rue Galande
Paris, France 75005

0143250076

Tampico
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
14 Rue Xavier Privas
Paris, France 75005

le mexique au pied de notre dame Au delà du plaisir c'est une alimentation seine

La Harpe
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
16 Rue de la Harpe
Paris, France 75005

01 43 29 43 48

Chez Kelly
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
27 Rue De La Harpe
Paris, France 75005

+33140460831

Pizza Sarno
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
31, Rue de la Harpe
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 43 29 58 03