EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Feldherrnhalle, Munich | Tourist Information


Residenzstraße 1
Munich, Germany 80333


The Feldherrnhalle is a monumental loggia on the Odeonsplatz in Munich, Germany. Modeled after the Loggia dei Lanzi in Florence, it was commissioned in 1841 by King Ludwig I of Bavaria to honor the tradition of his army.In 1923 it was the site of the brief battle that ended Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch. During the Nazi era it served as a monument commemorating the death of 16 members of the Nazi party.StructureThe Feldherrnhalle was built between 1841 and 1844 at the southern end of Munich's Ludwigstrasse next to the Palais Preysing and east of the Hofgarten. Previously the Gothic Schwabinger Tor (gate) occupied that place. Friedrich von Gärtner built the Feldherrnhalle at the behest of King Ludwig I of Bavaria after the example of the Loggia dei Lanzi in Florence.The Feldherrnhalle was a symbol of the honours of the Bavarian Army, represented by statues of two military leaders Johann Tilly and Karl Philipp von Wrede. The first led Bavarians in the Thirty Years War; the second led the fight against Napoleon. The statues were created by Ludwig Schwanthaler.

Historical Place Near Feldherrnhalle

Geyerwally
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Landshuter Allee 165
Munich, 80637

Schloss Hohenschwangau
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Alpseestraße 30
Munich, 87645

08362 93083-0

Nymphenburg Palace
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Schloß Nymphenburg 1
Munich, 80638

089 179080

Museumsstüberl im Bier & Oktoberfestmuseum
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Sterneckerstr. 2
Munich, 80331

089/24243941

Sehenswertes und Kulinarisches im Bier & Oktoberfestmuseum und im Museumsstüberl Bayerische Schmankerl und Münchner Bier vom Holzfass Kulinarische Führungen im Bier & Oktoberfestmuseum inkl. Bierprobe und Essen Das Museumsstüberl umfasst bis zu 120 Plätze auf 2 Stockwerken und ist ideal für Feierlichkeiten wie Geburtstage oder Firmenfeiern Öffnungszeiten: Montag 18-24 Uhr Dienstag bis Samstag 13-24 Uhr Sonntags geschlossen Warme Küche von 18-22 Uhr Impressum Fanseite Museumsstüberl im BOM unter http://www.museumsstueberl.de/impressum-bier-und-oktoberfestmuseum-muenchen.html

Blumenwiese
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Nirgendwo 6
Munich,

08531/5643

Marienplatz
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Marienplatz 1
Munich, 80331

Der Marienplatz ist der zentrale Platz der Innenstadt, Münchens urbanes Herz und zugleich Mittelpunkt der Fußgängerzone. An der Nordseite befindet sich der neugotische Prachtbau des Neuen Rathauses, im Osten das Alte Rathaus und der Durchgang ins Tal und zum Viktualienmarkt. In südlicher Richtung wird der Platz von Kauf- und Geschäftshäusern und Gastronomiebetrieben begrenzt. Nach Westen öffnet sich die Fußgängerzone Kaufingerstraße, die am Karlstor (Stachus) endet. Seit der Gründung Münchens 1158 ist der Marienplatz Zentrum und Herz der Stadt. In den ersten Jahrhunderten diente das etwa 100 mal 50 Meter große Areal als zentraler Marktplatz, wovon heute noch der Fischbrunnen an der nordöstlichen Ecke des Marienplatzes zeugt. 1638 ließ Kurfürst Maximilian I. als Dank für die Schonung der Stadt während des Dreißigjährigen Krieges die Mariensäule errichten, die dem Marienplatz seinen Namen gibt. Die Säule stellt als Referenzpunkt der Landesvermessung den topologischen Mittelpunkt Bayerns dar. Heute ist der Marienplatz Zentrum für Feierlichkeiten und politische, kulturelle oder sportliche Veranstaltungen. Zur Adventszeit findet hier Münchens ältester traditioneller Christkindlmarkt statt. Das Glockenspiel Sehenswert und weltberühmt ist außerdem das Glockenspiel im Turmerker des Neuen Rathauses. Seit 1908 drehen sich hier täglich um 11, 12 und um 17 Uhr (von November bis Februar entfällt der 17-Uhr-Termin) auf zwei Etagen Spielfiguren und Motive, die sich auf die Geschichte Münchens beziehen. Als Teil der Fußgängerzone ist der Marienplatz vollständig verkehrsberuhigt. Unter dem Platz jedoch befindet sich auf vier Ebenen der zentrale Kreuzungsbahnhof der S-Bahn-Stammstrecke und die Nord-Süd-Strecke der Münchner U-Bahnen. Oberirdisch fahren an der Ostseite zwei Buslinien den Marienplatz an.

Meister Eders Schreinerei aus "Pumuckl"
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Widenmayerstraße 2
Munich,

Platzl
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Platzl
Munich, 80331

Schloss Nymphenburg
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Schloss Nymphenburg 1
Munich, 80639

Schloss Hohenschwangau
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Alpseestr. 30
Munich, 87645

08362 930830

Castelo de Neuschwanstein - Füssen, Alemanha
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Neuschwansteinstraße 20
Schwangau, 87645

+49 8362 930830

Berghof - Obersalzberg, Berchtesgaden
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Hintereck 1
Munich, 83471

+49 8652 - 2969

Odeonsplatz
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Odeonsplatz
Munich, 80539

The Odeonsplatz is a large square in central Munich which was developed in the early 19th century by Leo von Klenze and is at the southern end of the Ludwigstraße, developed at the same time. The square is named for the former concert hall, the Odeon, on its southwestern side. The name Odeonsplatz has come to be extended to the parvis (forecourt) of the Residenz, in front of the Theatine Church and terminated by the Feldherrnhalle, which lies to the south of it. The square was the scene of a fatal gun battle which ended the march on the Feldherrnhalle during the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch.Location and buildingsThe Odeonsplatz is located north of the Old Town, on the border between Altstadt-Lehel (to the east) and Maxvorstadt (to the west). On the west side, which is set back from the line of the Ludwigstraße, are the building of the Odeon (1826 - 28, now the Bavarian Ministry of the Interior) and the identical Palais Leuchtenberg (1817 - 21, now the Bavarian State Ministry of Finance), both modelled on the Palazzo Farnese in Rome. On the east side is Klenze's Bazaar Building, including the Café Tambosi. Between the two buildings on the west side, an unnamed street leads to the Palais Ludwig Ferdinand (1825 - 26, now the headquarters of Siemens). Both this street and the Brienner Straße, which begins at the south end of the square, lead to the adjacent Wittelsbacherplatz, also designed by Klenze.

Odeonsplatz
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Odeonsplatz
Munich, 80539

Bayerische Staatsbibliothek
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Ludwigstraße 16
Munich, 80539

089 28638 2322

Hochschule für Philosophie München
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Kaulbachstr. 31
Munich, 80539

Munich School of Philosophy
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Kaulbachstr. 31
Munich, 80539

Munich School of Philosophy is a small Jesuit university in Munich, Germany founded in 1925. In the German-speaking countries it is the only institution of higher education exclusively specialized in the study of philosophy.HistoryFounded as a seminary at Pullach in 1925 by Augustin Bea, first named the Berchmanskolleg, it obtained the ability to issue a doctorate in 1932. In 1971 the school moved to central Munich and opened to non-Jesuit students. The majority of students are not members of the Jesuit Order, and now include women and international students. It is accredited by the Bavarian State Ministry of Sciences, Research and the Arts (in German: Bayerisches Staatsministerium für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst).Since 2009, the Munich School of Philosophy hosts the yearly Rahner Lecture in memory of the German Jesuit and theologian Karl Rahner.Philosophical traditionMost faculty members are Jesuits. The school has long stood in the tradition of Neo-Scholasticism. Only since the 1970s, when the school opened its doors to non-Jesuit students, contemporary philosophy such as marxism, phenomenology and analytic philosophy have gained more prominence in the undergraduate and postgraduate education. To date, the undergraduate curriculum at the Munich School of Philosophy places much emphasis on the history of philosophy and issues pertaining to the study of religion.

Siegestor
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Akademiestr.5
Munich, 80539

089 23396500

The Siegestor in Munich, is a three-arched triumphal arch crowned with a statue of Bavaria with a lion-quadriga.The Siegestor is 21 meters high, 24 m wide, and 12 m deep. It is located between the Ludwig Maximilian University and the Ohmstraße, where the Ludwigstraße ends and the Leopoldstraße begins. It thus sits at the boundary between the two Munich districts of Maxvorstadt and Schwabing.The gate was commissioned by King Ludwig I of Bavaria, designed by Friedrich von Gärtner and completed by Eduard Mezger in 1852. The marble quadriga was sculpted by Johann Martin von Wagner, artistic advisor to Ludwig and a professor at the University of Würzburg. Lions were likely used in the quadriga, instead of the more usual horses, because the lion was a heraldic charge of the House of Wittelsbach, the ruling family of the Bavarian monarchy.The gate was originally dedicated to the glory of the Bavarian army . Today, the Siegestor is a monument and reminder to peace. After sustaining heavy damage in World War II it was to be demolished in July 1945, however, the gate was reconstructed and restored only partially, in a manner similar to the conservation of the Kaiser-Wilhelm-Gedächtniskirche in Berlin. The new inscription on the back side by Wilhelm Hausenstein reads Dem Sieg geweiht, vom Krieg zerstört, zum Frieden mahnend, "Dedicated to victory, destroyed by war, urging peace". In the early 21st century, the remaining statues were meticulously cleaned and restored.

Chinesischer Turm
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Englischer Garten 3
Munich, 80538

Monaco Franzes Wohnhaus
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Agnesstr. 16
Munich, 80798

Das Wohnhaus von Franz Münchinger - alias "Monaco Franze"- in der Agnesstr. 16, München (Schwabing)

Sankt Ursula München
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Kaiserplatz 1
Munich, 80803

Die Pfarrgemeinde St. Ursula ist stark durch den Stadtteil Schwabing geprägt. Über die Jahre ist eine lebendige Kerngemeinde gewachsen, die das Pfarrleben trägt. Die hohe Fluktuation (~ 20% der Gemeindemitglieder pro Jahr) führt auch zu einer Offenheit der Gemeinde gegenüber neuen Mitgliedern. Trotz des kleinen Kerns an engagierten Mitarbeitern in der Gemeinde ist die Gemeindearbeit vielfältig. Es zeigt sich, dass jenseits der Kerngemeinde Bereitschaft zur Projektarbeit und punktueller Mitarbeit besteht. Die Gemeinde St. Ursula zeichnet sich dadurch aus, dass Projekte, die aus persönlichen Initiativen entstehen, von der Gemeinde und den Hauptamtlichen unterstützt werden. Das vielfältige, aktives Gemeindeleben ist geprägt von der lebendigen Kerngemeinde und vielen „Herbergsgästen“. Zu den umliegenden katholischen und evangelischen Pfarrgemeinden (Maria vom Guten Rat, St. Sylvester, Erlöserkirche) pflegen wir gute Nachbarschaft und gestalten gemeinsame Veranstaltungen im Jahr.

Landmark Near Feldherrnhalle

Gärtnerplatz
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Gärtnerplatz
Munich, Germany 80469

Heiliggeistkirche
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Prälat-Miller-Weg 1
Munich, Germany 80331

Heiliggeistkirche is a Gothic hall church in Munich, southern Germany, originally belonging to the Hospice of the Holy Ghost (14th century).HistoryIt was remodeled in 1724-30 by Johann Georg Ettenhofer ; in the interior are Rococo frescoes and stucco ornament by the Asam brothers. After the demolition of the hospice buildings in 1885, Franz Lšwel added three bays at the west end of the church and gave it a Neo-Baroque facade. The church suffered severe damage during World War II and its interior furnishings were largely destroyed; extensive rebuilding and restoration was carried out after the war.The interior of the church was renovated in 1991.DescriptionOf the original Gothic church only the choir buttresses and the north wall of the nave remain.The tower (1730) has a lantern dome of characteristic Munich type. The Neo-Baroque facade shows use of elements borrowed from Viscardi's Trinity Church.The interior is aisled, with an ambulatory round the choir. The nave is barrel-vaulted, with small vaults over the windows. The aisles have groined vaulting.Among several items of art-historical interest in the church are: in the portico, to left and right of the main entrance, parts of a bronze memorial made in 1608 by Hans Krumpper for Duke Ferdinand of Bavaria, Infante of Spain; in the chancel, the high altar by Nikolaus Stuber (1730), with an altarpiece by Ulrich Loth depicting The Effusion of the Holy Ghost (1661) and two flanking figures of angels by Johann Georg Greiff (1729); in the right aisle, a series of wall paintings (1725) by Peter Jacob Horemans illustrating the Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit; in the Kreuzkapelle, a late Gothic crucifix (1510); and, midway along the left aisle, an altar with an allegedly miraculous image of the Hammerthaler Madonna (15th century).

New Town Hall, Munich
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Marienplatz
Munich, Germany 80331

+49 89 23300

Das Neue Rathaus am Marienplatz in München ist Sitz des Oberbürgermeisters, des Stadtrates und Hauptsitz der Stadtverwaltung. Es wurde von 1867 bis 1909 in drei Bauabschnitten durch Georg von Hauberrisser im neugotischen Stil erbaut.Geschichte Aufgrund der Raumnot im Alten Rathaus und im Kleinen Rathaus am Petersbergl (1944 zerstört) wurde die Errichtung eines Neubaus beschlossen. In Erinnerung an die bürgerliche Hochblüte während der Gotik fiel die Wahl auf einen Entwurf im neugotischen Stil, wodurch ein eigenständiger architektonischer Akzent im Gegensatz zu den Bauten des Königshauses gesetzt wurde.Als Bauplatz wurde die Nordseite des Marienplatzes gewählt, wo noch die Landschaftshäuser standen, die im ausgehenden Mittelalter als eine Art Vertretung der Landschaften gegenüber dem bayerischen Herzog bzw. Kurfürsten errichtet worden waren.Der erste Bauabschnitt im Ostteil, Marienplatz, Ecke Dienerstraße, war das Ergebnis eines Ideenwettbewerbes, den Georg Hauberrisser gewann und 1867–1874 ausführte. Als deutlich wurde, dass dieser Neubau nicht ausreichen würde, die gesamte Verwaltung aufzunehmen, begann die Stadt ab 1887 sämtliche dem Rathaus benachbarte Anwesen an der Diener-, Landschaft- und Weinstraße aufzukaufen. Von 1889 bis 1892 entstand daraufhin der Bauabschnitt Dienerstraße/Ecke Landschaftstraße. 1897 entschieden sich Magistrat und Gemeindekollegium, das Rathaus durch Erweiterungsbauten am Marienplatz sowie in der Wein- und Landschaftstraße zu einem vierseitigen Komplex zu ergänzen. Dazu wurde die gesamte Fläche zwischen Marienplatz und Landschaftstraße einerseits und zwischen Weinstraße und Dienerstraße andererseits für den Neubau herangezogen. 1898 begannen die Arbeiten für die Erweiterung mit dem Rathausturm, ebenfalls unter Architekt Georg von Hauberrisser. Im Dezember 1905 war mit dem Setzen des Schlusssteins auf dem Rathausturm der Rohbau des dritten Bauabschnitts beendet. Bei der architektonischen Gestaltung des Münchner Rathausturmes ließ sich Hauberrisser deutlich vom Brüsseler Rathausturm inspirieren. Der 96 Meter hohe spätgotische Belfried war von Jan van Ruysbroeck in den Jahren 1449 bis 1455 gebaut worden.

Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Marstallplatz 1
Munich, Germany 80539

+49 89 24246-0

The Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition is a Munich, Germany, based research institute, which is part of the Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science, which manages more than 90 institutes and research institutions. The institute was formerly known as Max Planck Institute for Intellectual Property and Competition Law and the name was changed to Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition in view of the broader focus of the institute and its interdisciplinary character. The major research areas of the institute are intellectual property, innovation and competition. Apart from providing research support for scholars from across the world, the institute also publishes the International Review of Intellectual Property and Competition Law .As of 2015, Prof. Dietmar Harhoff is the Managing Director of the Institute. Prof. Reto M. Hilty and Prof. Josef Drexl, are Directors of the institute.HistoryIn 1952, a new school of law “The Institute for Foreign and International Patent, Trademark, and Copyright Law” was founded at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich. Under the leadership of its first Director Eduard Reimer (1896–1957), President of the German Patent Office, the Institute quickly gained international importance and recognition. His successor Eugen Ulmer (1903–1988) put a stamp on the research work for decades; he notably promoted the expansion of the national and international copyright and competition law. In 1966, as its founding Director, he established the “Max-Planck Institute for Foreign and International Patent, Copyright and Competition Law”.

Ludwigskirche (Munich)
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Ludwigstraße 22
Munich, Germany 80539

+49 89 2877990

The Catholic Parish and University Church St. Louis, called Ludwigskirche, in Munich is a monumental church in neo-romanesque style with the second-largest altar fresco of the world. The building, with its round arches called the Rundbogenstil, strongly influenced other church architecture, train stations and synagogues in both Germany and the United States.ArchitectureThe Ludwigskirche is situated in the northern part of the Ludwigstrasse and was built by the architect Friedrich von Gärtner from 1829 onwards. The patron was King Ludwig I of Bavaria. The facade with two steeples was constructed as balance to the Theatinerkirche, which stands diagonally opposite. The floor plan shows the church as a model to a three-aisled Byzantine basilica with the basic geometric figure of the cross of tau. The church is 60 m long and 20 m wide. The towers are 71 meters high and each equipped with six bells, which are named after patron saints of the family of King Ludwig. In the years 2007-2009 the church roof was re-covered in the originally planned mosaic decoration.The frescoes of the church were created by Peter von Cornelius. They are perhaps one of the most important mural works of modern times. The large fresco of the Last Judgment (1836-1840), situated over the high altar, measures 62 ft in height by 38 ft in width. The frescoes of the Creator, the Nativity, and the Crucifixion are also on a large scale. But the work was rejected by the King, and Cornelius left Munich shortly afterward. The sculpture Four Evangelists with Jesus Christ was designed by Ludwig von Schwanthaler.

Universitätsbibliothek München
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1 (Gebäudeteil F)
Munich, Germany 80539