EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Rue de la Comète (Paris), Paris | Tourist Information


Rue de la Comète
Paris, France


La rue de la Comète est une voie du arrondissement de Paris, en France.DescriptionLa rue de la Comète est une voie publique située dans le arrondissement de Paris. Elle débute au 75 rue Saint-Dominique et se termine au 160 rue de Grenelle.

Community and Government Near Rue de la Comète (Paris)

Centre Culturel Algerien (Paris 15e)
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
171, Rue de la Croix Nivert 75015
Paris, 75015

01 45 54 95 31

Rue De La Gaîté
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue De La Gaîté
Paris, 75014

238 Vaugirard - nouveau siège UMP
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
238 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, 75015

0140766000

Arcep
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
7 square Max Hymans
Paris, 75015

Groupe La Poste (Siège National)
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
44 boulevard de Vaugirard
Paris, 75015

Tour Montparnasse
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Avenue du Maine 33
Paris, 75015

Tour Maine-Montparnasse, also commonly named Tour Montparnasse, is a 210m office skyscraper located in the Montparnasse area of Paris, France. Constructed from 1969 to 1973, it was the tallest skyscraper in France until 2011, when it was surpassed by the 231m Tour First., it is the 17th tallest building in the European Union. The tower was designed by architects Eugène Beaudouin, Urbain Cassan and Louis Hoym de Marien and built by Campenon Bernard.LocationBuilt on top of the Montparnasse – Bienvenüe Paris Métro station, the 59 floors of the tower are mainly occupied by offices. The 56th floor, with a restaurant called le Ciel de Paris, and the terrace on the top floor, are open to the public for viewing the city. The view covers a radius of 40km; aircraft can be seen taking off from Orly Airport. The guard rail, to which various antennae are attached, can be pneumatically lowered.CriticismThe tower's simple architecture, large proportions and monolithic appearance have been often criticised for being out of place in Paris's urban landscape. As a result, two years after its completion the construction of buildings over seven stories high in the city centre was banned.

Square Saint-Lambert
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
2 rue Jean Formigé
Paris, 75015

Le square Saint-Lambert est un square du arrondissement de Paris, dans le quartier Saint-Lambert. Il tire son nom de l’église Saint-Lambert de Vaugirard, nommée en l'honneur de l'évêque Lambert de Maastricht.Situation Le square occupe tout le quadrilatère situé entre la rue Jean-Formigé, la rue Théophraste-Renaudot, la rue du Docteur-Jacquemaire-Clemenceau et la rue Léon-Lhermitte (face au lycée Camille-Sée). Métro : Commerce (ligne 8) Bus : lignes 70, 80, 88HistoriqueÀ cet emplacement s’élevaient autrefois les anciennes usines à gaz de Vaugirard, siège de l'évasion de Gaston Tissandier le 30 septembre 1870 avec le ballon Céleste. Les usines ont cédé la place à ce vaste jardin planifié par l'architecte Georges Sébille en 1933, à l’instar des nombreux immeubles d’un style typique des années 1930 autour du jardin.

Pasteur (Paris Métro)
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
179 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, 75015

Pasteur is a station on lines 6 and 12 of the Paris Métro in the 15th arrondissement. The platforms on both lines are underground, although line 6 becomes elevated just to the northwest of the station. Nearby are the Pasteur Institute and the Lycée Buffon (school).HistoryThe station opened on 24 April 1906 with the opening of the extension of line 2 Sud from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 line 2 Sud became part of line 5. On 12 October 1942 the section of line 5 between Étoile and Place d'Italie, including Pasteur was transferred from line 5 to line 6 in order to separate the underground and elevated sections of the metro (because the latter were more vulnerable to air attack during World War II).The line 12 platforms opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro.

César Palace
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
23, avenue du Maine
Paris, 75015

01 45 44 46 20

A La Plage
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
En Rouuute
Paris,

Musée du Montparnasse
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
21, avenue du Maine Paris
Paris, 75015

The Musée du Montparnasse is a museum at 21 Avenue du Maine, in the 15th arrondissement, Montparnasse Quarter of Paris, France.

Conservatoire Paul Dukas
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
51 rue Jorge Semprun
Paris, 75012

01 43 47 17 66

SAMU de Paris
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
antarctique
Paris, 75015

Falguière
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
129 rue Vaugirard
Paris, 75015

0142732430

Falguière is a station on line 12 of the Paris Métro in the 15th arrondissement.The station opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. It is named after the Rue Falguière. Alexandre Falguière (1831–1890) was a French sculptor and painter.The Necker-Enfants Malades Hospital (the first paediatric hospital in the world) is nearby.

Paris 15E
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Félix Faure
Paris, 75015

Foyer de Grenelle
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
17 Rue de l'Avre
Paris,

01 45 79 81 49

Square Cambronne
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Square Cambronne, Paris
Paris, 75015

Instituto Nacional de Técnica Aeroespacial
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Carretera de Ajalvir, Km 4
Paris,

The Instituto Nacional de Técnica Aeroespacial is Spain's space agency. It was founded in 1942, as the Instituto Nacional de Técnica Aeronáutica, and has its headquarters in Torrejón de Ardoz, near Madrid.OrganizationIts budget of more than €150 million comes from the Spanish Ministry of Defence and from its own projects with the industry. As of 2008 INTA has a total of 1200 employees, 80% of them dedicated to R&D activities.Its two main areas of activity are research and development (for example, in propulsion, materials, remote sensing) and certification and testing (for example, in aircraft, software, metrology).OperationsTracking and launch sitesNowadays, INTA controls both the Madrid Deep Space Communication Complex and the El Arenosillo rocket launch site in southern Spain.LaunchersINTA designed atmospheric sounding rockets such as: INTA-100 INTA-255 INTA-300 Capricornio These operate from the El Arenosillo rocket launch site.

UNESCO Headquarter
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Siège : 7, place de Fontenoy
Paris, 75007

+33 (0)1 45 68 10 00

World Heritage Centre
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
125 avenue de Suffren
Paris, 75007

UNESCO Headquarters or Maison de l'UNESCO is a building inaugurated on 3 November 1958 at number 7 Place de Fontenoy in Paris, France to serve as the headquarters for the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, (UNESCO). It is a cultural building that can be visited freely.DesignThe design of the UNESCO Headquarters building was the combined work of three architects: Bernard Zehrfuss (United States), Marcel Breuer (Hungary), and Pier Luigi Nervi (Italy). Plans were also validated by an international committee of five architects composed of Lucio Costa (Brazil), Walter Gropius (United States), Le Corbusier (France), Sven Markelius (Sweden) and Ernesto Nathan Rogers (Italy), with the collaboration of Eero Saarinen (Finland).DescriptionThe main building, which houses the secretariat, consists of seven floors forming a three-pointed star. To this is added a building called the "accordion" and a cubic building, which is intended for permanent delegations and non-governmental organizations.

French Press Institute
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
83 bis rue Notre Dame des Champs
Paris, 75006

The French Press Institute is a public institution of research and higher education, which has served as the department for communication and journalism studies at Panthéon-Assas University since 1970. Founded in 1937, the French Press Institute is the oldest and one of the finest French schools in the field of journalism.HistoryThe establishment of the instituteFounded in 1937 in the University of Paris, the Institut des Sciences de la Presse (Press Sciences Institute) became the Institut français de presse in 1951. The French Press Institute is the first organization to have been dedicated to media studies.After the war, owing to international partnerships, the French Press Institute became a leading international institute regarding media evolution studies. Its first director, Fernand Terrou, took part in the redaction of the declaration of Press rights of San Francisco in 1948 and formed a bond with the Institute for Communication Research of Stanford University. In 1957, with UNESCO, the French Press Institute supported the establishment of the International Association for Studies and Research on Information and Communication (IAMCR). After the division of the University of Paris in thirteen autonomous universities in 1970, the French Press Institute joined Panthéon-Assas University.The directors of the institute 1951 - 1976: Fernand Terrou 1976 - 1986: Francis Balle 1986 - 1994: Pierre Albert 1994 - 1999: Rémy Rieffel 1999 - 2004: Nadine Toussaint-Desmoulins 2004 - 2009: Josiane Jouët 2009 - present: Nathalie Sonnac

Dupleix (Paris Métro)
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
72 Boulevard Grenelle
Paris, 75015

01 45 79 79 42

Dupleix is an elevated station of the Paris Métro serving line 6 in the Boulevard de Grenelle in the 15th arrondissement. The track and station form an elevated viaduct in the centre of and above the Boulevard de Grenelle. There is an open street market under the station twice a week.The station opened as part of the former Line 2 South on 24 April 1906, when it was extended from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 Line 2 South was incorporated into Line 5. It was incorporated into line 6 on 12 October 1942. It is named after the nearby Place Dupleix, a square commemorating Joseph François Dupleix, marquis of Landrecies and Paris, an administrator and colonizer of India. The station was the location of the Barrière de Grenelle, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished in the nineteenth century.

Catherine Labouré
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
basilique médaille miraculeuse
Paris,

Saint Catherine Labouré, D.C.. (May 2, 1806 - December 31, 1876) (born Zoé Labouré) was a member of the Daughters of Charity of Saint Vincent de Paul and a Marian visionary who relayed the request from the Blessed Virgin Mary to create the Miraculous Medal worn by millions of Christians, both Roman Catholic and Protestant.LifeShe was born in the Burgundy region of France to Pierre Labouré, a farmer, and Louise Madeleine Gontard, the ninth of 11 living children. Catherine's mother died on October 9, 1815, when Catherine was just nine years old. It is said that after her mother's funeral, Catherine picked up a statue of the Blessed Virgin Mary and kissed it saying, "Now you will be my mother." Her father's sister offered to care for his two youngest children, Catherine and Tonine. After he agreed, the sisters moved to their aunt's house at Saint-Rémy, a village nine kilometers from their home.She was extremely devout, of a somewhat romantic nature, given to visions and intuitive insights. As a young woman, she became a member of the nursing order founded by Saint Vincent de Paul. She chose the Daughters of Charity after a dream about St. Vincent De Paul.VisionsVincent de PaulIn April 1830, the remains of St. Vincent de Paul were translated to the Vincentian church in Paris. The solemnities included a novena. On three successive evenings, upon returning from the church to the Rue du Bac, Catherine reportedly experienced in the convent chapel, a vision of what she took to be the heart of St. Vincent above a shrine containing a relic of bone from his right arm. Each time the heart appeared a different color, white, red, and crimson. She interpreted this to mean that the Vincentian communities would prosper, and that there would be a change of government. The convent chaplain advised her to forget the matter.

Région Ile-de-France
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
35, Boulevard des Invalides
Paris, 75007

Missions Étrangères de Paris
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
128 rue du Bac
Paris, 75007

01 44 39 10 40

Ministere De La Sante
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
14 avenue Duquesne
Paris, 75007

Ministere Des Affaires Sociales Et De La Sante
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
14 avenue Duquesne
Paris, 75007

0140566000

Ambassade de Cuba
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
16 Rue de Presles
Paris, 75015

0620720383

Eglise Des Invalides
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
129 rue de Grenelle
Paris, 75007

0 810 11 33 99

Maison de Verre
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
31, rue Saint Guillaume
Paris, 75007

The Maison de Verre was built from 1928 to 1932 in Paris, France. Constructed in the early modern style of architecture, the house's design emphasized three primary traits: honesty of materials, variable transparency of forms, and juxtaposition of "industrial" materials and fixtures with a more traditional style of home décor. The primary materials used were steel, glass, and glass block. Some of the notable "industrial" elements included rubberized floor tiles, bare steel beams, perforated metal sheet, heavy industrial light fixtures, and mechanical fixtures.The design was a collaboration among Pierre Chareau, Bernard Bijvoet and Louis Dalbet . Much of the intricate moving scenery of the house was designed on site as the project developed. The external form is defined by translucent glass block walls, with select areas of clear glazing for transparency. Internally, spatial division is variable by the use of sliding, folding or rotating screens in glass, sheet or perforated metal, or in combination. Other mechanical components included an overhead trolley from the kitchen to dining room, a retracting stair from the private sitting room to Mme Dalsace's bedroom and complex bathroom cupboards and fittings.

Landmark Near Rue de la Comète (Paris)

Bobino
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
14-20 rue de la gaîté
Paris, France 75014

Bobino est une célèbre salle de music-hall située dans le quartier du Montparnasse, au 20, rue de la Gaîté, dans le 14e arrondissement de Paris de Paris. À son emplacement, depuis 1873, s’établit d’abord une guinguette, un café-concert, puis cette salle devient un music-hall au lendemain de la Première Guerre mondiale. Le lieu historique est détruit en 1985.HistoireThéâtre du Luxembourg, dit Bobino (1816-1868)Le théâtre du Luxembourg a été créé en 1816 au coin des rues Madame et de Fleurus, pour héberger la troupe foraine de l'amuseur paradiste Bobino. Le succès de ses spectacles, qui mélangeaient acrobaties, jongleries et pantomimes, a fait que les Parisiens appelaient la salle le théâtre de Bobino, et familièrement, Bobinche.Après 1830, le théâtre se consacre à un répertoire de vaudevilles et mélodrames, et rassemble un public populaire où l'on trouve de nombreux étudiants de la Rive gauche.En 1866, le théâtre du Luxembourg, dit Bobino, étant devenu vétuste, son directeur, Auguste Gaspari, et sa troupe déménagent au nouveau théâtre des Menus-Plaisirs sur le boulevard de Strasbourg. Le bâtiment est démoli début 1868 pour être remplacé par un immeuble (aujourd'hui, 61, rue Madame).

Pasteur Institute
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Institut Pasteur, 28 Rue Doct Roux, 75015 Paris, France
Paris, France 75015

0144494000

The Pasteur Institute is a French non-profit private foundation dedicated to the study of biology, micro-organisms, diseases, and vaccines. It is named after Louis Pasteur, who made some of the greatest breakthroughs in modern medicine at the time, including pasteurization and vaccines for anthrax and rabies. The institute was founded on June 4, 1887, and inaugurated on November 14, 1888.For over a century, the Institut Pasteur has been at the forefront of the battle against infectious disease. This worldwide biomedical research organization based in Paris was the first to isolate HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, in 1983. Over the years, it has been responsible for breakthrough discoveries that have enabled medical science to control such virulent diseases as diphtheria, tetanus, tuberculosis, poliomyelitis, influenza, yellow fever, and plague.

Rue Blomet
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
89 Rue Blomet
Paris, France 75015

La rue Blomet est une voie du 15 arrondissement de Paris.SituationLa rue Blomet commence rue Lecourbe et aboutit rue Saint-Lambert.Elle traverse la rue des Volontaires, la rue Cambronne, la rue du Général-Beuret, la rue de l'Abbé-Groult et la rue de la Convention.La rue de Javel, la rue Alain-Chartier, la rue Ferdinand-Fabre, la rue Gerbert, la rue Jeanne-Hachette, la rue Petel, la rue Maublanc, la rue Péclet, la place Adolphe-Chérioux, la rue de l'Amiral-Roussin, la ruelle du Soleil-d'Or, la rue Borromée, la rue Copreaux et la rue Émile-Duclaux commencent ou aboutissent rue Blomet.HistoriqueCette voie de l'ancienne commune de Vaugirard est classée dans la voirie parisienne le 23 mai 1863. L'origine du nom est un ancien chemin dit de Blomet et elle figure sur le plan de Jouvin de Rochefort de 1672 sous le nom de chemin d'Issy et de Meudon. Elle a aussi porté le nom de voie des Bruyères.

Tour Montparnasse
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Avenue du Maine 33
Paris, France 75015

Tour Maine-Montparnasse, also commonly named Tour Montparnasse, is a 210m office skyscraper located in the Montparnasse area of Paris, France. Constructed from 1969 to 1973, it was the tallest skyscraper in France until 2011, when it was surpassed by the 231m Tour First., it is the 17th tallest building in the European Union. The tower was designed by architects Eugène Beaudouin, Urbain Cassan and Louis Hoym de Marien and built by Campenon Bernard.LocationBuilt on top of the Montparnasse – Bienvenüe Paris Métro station, the 59 floors of the tower are mainly occupied by offices. The 56th floor, with a restaurant called le Ciel de Paris, and the terrace on the top floor, are open to the public for viewing the city. The view covers a radius of 40km; aircraft can be seen taking off from Orly Airport. The guard rail, to which various antennae are attached, can be pneumatically lowered.CriticismThe tower's simple architecture, large proportions and monolithic appearance have been often criticised for being out of place in Paris's urban landscape. As a result, two years after its completion the construction of buildings over seven stories high in the city centre was banned.

Square Saint-Lambert
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
2 rue Jean Formigé
Paris, France 75015

Le square Saint-Lambert est un square du arrondissement de Paris, dans le quartier Saint-Lambert. Il tire son nom de l’église Saint-Lambert de Vaugirard, nommée en l'honneur de l'évêque Lambert de Maastricht.Situation Le square occupe tout le quadrilatère situé entre la rue Jean-Formigé, la rue Théophraste-Renaudot, la rue du Docteur-Jacquemaire-Clemenceau et la rue Léon-Lhermitte (face au lycée Camille-Sée). Métro : Commerce (ligne 8) Bus : lignes 70, 80, 88HistoriqueÀ cet emplacement s’élevaient autrefois les anciennes usines à gaz de Vaugirard, siège de l'évasion de Gaston Tissandier le 30 septembre 1870 avec le ballon Céleste. Les usines ont cédé la place à ce vaste jardin planifié par l'architecte Georges Sébille en 1933, à l’instar des nombreux immeubles d’un style typique des années 1930 autour du jardin.

Rue Borromée
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
224 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75015

La Rue Borromée est une rue du arrondissement de Paris.SituationClaude Laplace, attaché de presse historique de Johnny Hallyday, Michel Sardou, Hervé Vilard, Mike Brant, Frédéric François, Charles Aznavour, Catherine Lara, Guy Bonnardot, Enrico Macias, et tant d'autres vivent dans cette rue atypique du 15 arrondissement. Tous les immeubles ont un jardin, derrière les façades.Cette rue est à elle seule, la partie d'un village. Le peintre Charles Walch (4 août 1896 - 12 décembre 1948) s'installe en 1929 au 14 de la rue Borromée, dans un atelier où il restera jusqu'au terme de sa vie. En 1948, il reçoit la Légion d'Honneur. le 12 décembre, alors qu'il peint dans son atelier, il est terrassé par une hémorragie méningée.Articles connexes arrondissement de Paris Arrondissements de Paris

Boulevard Pasteur
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Pasteur
Paris, France 75015

Le boulevard Pasteur est une voie située dans le quartier Necker du 15e arrondissement de Paris de Paris.SituationLe boulevard commence à hauteur du 165, rue de Sèvres, à l'angle de la rue Lecourbe, pour finir place des Cinq-Martyrs-du-Lycée-Buffon.Entre les stations Sèvres-Lecourbe et Pasteur, c'est-à-dire entre les rues Lecourbe et de Vaugirard, le terre-plein central séparant les deux voies de circulation est occupé ou surplombé par le viaduc du métropolitain.Entre la rue de Vaugirard et les rues du Docteur-Roux et Edmond-Guillout, ce terre-plein central prend le nom de place Jacques-et-Thérèse-Tréfouël.HistoriqueCréée par décret du 23 mai 1863, la voie est nommée boulevard Pasteur par arrêté du 28 juillet 1896, en hommage à Louis Pasteur, chimiste et biologiste français, inventeur de la vaccination contre la rage et les maladies charbonneuses, et dont l'institut est tout proche, rue du Docteur-Roux, elle-même nommée en hommage à un éminent collaborateur de Pasteur.

Restaurant bar les Artisants sur Lecourbe
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
106 rue Lecourbe
Paris, France 75015

0695077131

Colorova
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
47 rue de l'Abbé-Grégoire
Paris, France 75006

0145446756

En quête de sensations visuelles et culinaires ? Colorova Néo- Salon de thé, pâtisserie, restaurant, lieu multi-couleur, multi-culturel, vous propose du mardi au vendredi ses formules incontournables: Petit déjeuner 9h-11h30 Déjeuner 12h15 jusqu'à 16h Tea time jusqu'à 18h Les Samedi et Dimanche : Brunch (réservation préférable) 11h jusqu'à 17h00 Tous les jours : Nos boissons chaudes (café MALANGO, sélection de Thés THEODOR Bio, chocolat maison..) et Fraîches (Thé glacé Maison, Jus frais, Citronnade, Limonade, lattés et frappés..) Notre signature : Les pâtisseries fines à consommer sur place ou à emporter La nouveauté : La formule à emporter Meatball Sandwich (A partir de septembre) Aux manettes du laboratoire de la rue de l’Abbé Grégoire le créatif Guillaume Gil, ancien pâtissier au Plaza Athénée sous la houlette de Christophe Michalak et à la Maison Blanche des frères Pourcel et son associée Charlotte Siles au service. Tous deux formés dans la prestigieuse école hôtelière Ferrandi, leur passion commune est de satisfaire vos papilles avec des produits frais, de qualité supérieure et de vous offrir un agréable moment dans leur univers atypique et chaleureux. Une invitation au voyage sensoriel..

Musée Hébert
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
85 rue du Cherche-Midi
Paris, France

The Musée Hébert is a museum located in the Hôtel de Montmorency-Bours at 85, rue du Cherche-Midi, in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, France. It has been closed since 2004 for renovations.The museum is housed within the Petit-Montmorency, constructed in 1743 by the Comte de Montmorency, and former home of academic painter Ernest Hébert (1817–1908). After his adopted son's death in 1974, the building became state property and opened as a museum in 1984. Since 2004, the museum Hébert has been affiliated with the Musée d’Orsay, and indefinitely closed for renovations.The museum contains collections of Hébert's work, furniture, decorative items, souvenirs, and photographs, set within rooms almost unchanged since the 18th century. His paintings include portraits of literary critic Jules Lemaître, and two noted grandes horizontales, La Païva and Madame de Loynes.

La Motte-Picquet – Grenelle
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Avenue de la Motte-Picquet
Paris, France 75015

La Motte-Picquet – Grenelle is a station of the Paris Métro, at the interconnection of lines 6, 8 and 10 in the 15th arrondissement, near the 7th arrondissement. The station combines underground and elevated platforms. It is named after the Avenue de la Motte-Picquet and the Boulevard de Grenelle. It is a major Paris Metro interconnection on the Rive Gauche, and the most important west of Montparnasse.HistoryThe elevated station first opened on 24 April 1906, as part of the extension of line 2 Sud (2 South) from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907, line 2 Sud was incorporated into line 5. On 12 October 1942 the section of line 5 between Étoile and Place d'Italie, including La Motte-Picquet Grenelle, was transferred to Line 6.On 13 July 1913, underground platforms were opened as part of the original section of line 8 between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels) and Opéra via La Motte-Picquet Grenelle. The section of line 8 from La Motte-Picquet Grenelle to Charles Michels and Porte d'Auteuil was transferred to line 10 on 27 July 1937 when line 8 was extended to Balard and an underground track for line 10 was opened linking La Motte-Picquet Grenelle with Duroc.

La Pagode
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
57 Bis Rue de Babylone
Paris, France 75007

01 45 55 48 48

La Pagode, précédemment L'Étoile Pagode, est un établissement qui comporte deux salles de cinéma classées Art et Essai, situé au 57 bis rue de Babylone, à l'angle de la rue Monsieur, dans le arrondissement. Réputé pour sa salle japonaise et son jardin japonais, c'est l'un des endroits dédié au cinéma les plus insolites de Paris.La salle est fermée depuis le 10 novembre 2015 au soir, dans la perspective de travaux et d'une éventuelle réouverture.HistoireLa Pagode fut initialement construite en 1896 par l'architecte Alexandre Marcel, à une époque où le japonisme est à la mode. Il s'agit alors d'un cadeau de François-Émile Morin, directeur du grand magasin Le Bon Marché tout proche, à son épouse. Morin y organise de nombreuses réceptions (à l'inauguration un dîner de cent couvert avec l'orchestre de l'Opéra de Paris, ou quelques mois plus tard une soirée déguisée en empereur et impératrice de Chine), mais dès l’année de l’inauguration, elle quitte son mari pour son associé, Joseph Plassard, lui apportant La Pagode comme dot. Elle meurt en 1917 et ce dernier se remarie avec Antoinette Mougel ; le couple rachète en 1919 les hôtels particuliers alentours, faisant du bâtiment leur salle de fêtes. Les réceptions somptueuses continuent malgré tout jusqu’à la fermeture de la salle en 1927. Des chèvres broutent alors dans le jardin et l'ambassade de Chine songe à acquérir le bâtiment, avant de se raviser, notamment en raison des peintures murales présentant des scènes de guerre où les Japonais dominent les Chinois.

Ambassade d'Italie en France
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
51, rue de Varenne
Paris, France 75007

L'ambassade d'Italie en France est la représentation diplomatique de la République italienne auprès de la République française. Elle est située dans l'hôtel de Boisgelin au 51 rue de Varenne à Paris. Son ambassadeur est, depuis le, Giandomenico Magliano.ConsulatsL’Italie possède des consulats généraux à Lille, Lyon, Metz, Nice, Paris, Toulouse et Marseille.Voir aussiArticles connexes Ministère des Affaires étrangères italien Ambassade de France en Italie Relations entre la France et l'ItalieLien externe ambparigi.esteri.it, site de l'ambassade d'Italie en France

Hôtel de Galliffet
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Grenelle 73
Paris, France 75007

L’Hôtel de Galliffet est un hôtel particulier situé à Paris dans le 7e arrondissement, aux 73 rue de Grenelle et 50 rue de Varenne. Il est actuellement le siège de l'Institut culturel italien de Paris et de la délégation italienne auprès de l'OCDE.HistoireL'hôtel a été construit entre 1776 et 1792 par Étienne-François Le Grand et le sculpteur Jean-Baptiste Boiston pour le marquis Simon-Alexandre de Galliffet, président au Parlement de Provence, à l'emplacement de l'hôtel du président Talon, qui datait de 1680.Saisi comme bien d'émigré en 1792, il est affecté en 1794 au ministère des Relations extérieures dont Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord sera l'hôte le plus illustre.En 1821, les héritiers du marquis de Galliffet parvinrent à rentrer en possession de l'hôtel qui est divisé en appartements et en partie loué, notamment à l'infant d'Espagne don Francisco de Paule en 1838 et au nonce du Pape en 1850.

Monumento dei diritti dell'uomo e del cittadino
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Charles-Risler
Paris, France 75010

Il Monumento dei diritti dell'uomo e dei cittadini di Parigi è situato nel Champ de Mars tra la Tour Eiffel e l'École militaire.È stato realizzato nel 1989 in occasione del bicentenario della Dichiarazione dei diritti dell'uomo e del cittadino dallo scultore cecoslovacco Ivan Theimer, quando in Francia il presidente era François Mitterrand.Il monumento ha la forma di un parallelepipedo posato su una doppia piattaforma; la facciata esposta sul Champ de Mars (Sud-ovest) presenta due obelischi e 3 statue di bronzo, oltre ad una incisione a forma di triangolo con 3 fori circolari ed uno triangolare sul muro. Sul lato frontale dell'edificio (Nord-est) si trova una porta di bronzo minuziosamente decorata, affiancata da due colonne; al di sopra della porta intorno ad una foro circolare è rappresentato un serpente che si mangia la coda (Uroboro). Le facce laterali dell'edificio sono decorate da diversi simboli e presentano lastre con incisi nomi di diverse città europee tra cui: Lisbona, Parigi, Bruxelles, Londra, Dublino, Atene, Roma, Lussemburgo, Bonn, Amsterdam, Copenaghen alcuni dei quali con sigillo di bronzo, ed alcuni piccoli rilievi.

Hôtel de Clermont
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
69, Rue De Varenne
Paris, France 75007

L’hôtel de Clermont est un hôtel particulier situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, 69 rue de Varenne. Il s'étale sur et abrite des sièges du gouvernement.HistoireDepuis 1948, l’hôtel particulier appartient à l’État. Il accueille d'abord la Haute Cour de Justice, le Commissariat à l'énergie atomique puis plusieurs ministères. Il est aujourd’hui occupé par le gouvernement français (relations avec le Parlement). Selon certaines rumeurs, celui-ci a voulu le vendre début 2012. Le 6 février 2014, le ministre Alain Vidalies inaugure un mur à l'effigie de tous les ministres qui ont occupé ce portefeuille depuis 1943.Il possède notamment un escalier en fer forgé, des plafonds peints et une salle à manger donnant sur un jardin d'un demi-hectare.

Ambassade de République tchèque en France
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
15 avenue Charles-Floquet
Paris, France 75007

L'ambassade de République tchèque en France est la représentation diplomatique de la République tchèque auprès de la République française. Elle est située 15 avenue Charles-Floquet, dans le 7e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, la capitale du pays. Son ambassadeur est, depuis 2010, Marie Chatardova.HistoireL'hôtel particulier de style néo-classique accueillant l'ambassade a été construit en 1912 par Pierre Humbert pour Élisabeth de La Rochefoucauld (1865-1946), épouse divorcée (1909) du prince Louis de Ligne (1854-1918).Il a d'abord abrité la légation puis l'ambassade de Tchécoslovaquie, comme locataire à partir de 1919, puis comme propriétaire à partir de 1924 ; après l'avoir acheté, l'ambassade y a mené des travaux conduits par les architectes Charles Duval et Emmanuel Gonse.Après la partition de la Tchécoslovaquie en 1993, l'ambassade de République tchèque est restée dans ces locaux, tandis que l'ambassade de Slovaquie s'est installée au 125 rue du Ranelagh dans le 16e arrondissement de Paris.

Sainte-Clotilde, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
23 bis Rue las Cases
Paris, France 75007

The Basilica of Saint Clotilde is a basilica church in Paris, located on the Rue Las Cases, in the area of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. It is best known for its imposing twin spires.HistoryConstruction of the church was first mooted by the Paris City Council on 16 February 1827. It was designed by architect F. C. Gau of Cologne in a neo-Gothic style. Work began in 1846, but Gau died in 1853, and the job was continued by Théodore Ballu who completed the church in 1857. It was opened on 30 November 1857 by Cardinal Morlot. The church was declared a minor basilica by Pope Leo XIII in 1896.The Pipe OrganSt. Clotilde is famous for the Aristide Cavaillé-Coll organ (1859, enlarged 1933 and electrified 1962) played by César Franck and the succession of famous composers who have been Organiste titulaire: César Franck 1859-1890 Gabriel Pierné 1890-1898 Charles Tournemire 1898-1939 Joseph-Ermend Bonnal 1942-1944 Jean Langlais 1945-1988 Pierre Cogen and Jacques Taddei 1987-1993 Jacques Taddei 1993-2012 Olivier Penin 2012-

Hôtel de Béhague
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
123 rue Saint Dominique
Paris, France 75007

L’hôtel de Béhague, ou de Béarn, est un hôtel particulier situé à Paris en France. Il abrite aujourd'hui l'Ambassade de Roumanie.LocalisationIl est situé au rue Saint-Dominique, dans le 7e arrondissement de Paris de Paris.HistoireConstruit en 1866 pour le comte Octave de Béhague par Gabriel-Hippolyte Destailleur et agrandi en 1895-1904 par Walter-André Destailleur pour Martine-Marie-Pol de Béhague, comtesse de Béarn. Acheté en 1939 par Carol II, il abrite depuis cette date l'ambassade de Roumanie.Ce bâtiment fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Voir aussiArticles connexes Liste des monuments historiques du 7e arrondissement de Paris Liste des hôtels particuliers parisiens Relations entre la France et la Roumanie

Embassy of Poland, Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
57 rue Saint Dominique 75007 Pari
Paris, France 75015

01 43 17 34 00

The Embassy of Poland in Paris is the diplomatic mission of the Republic of Poland to the French Republic. The chancery is located in the Hôtel de Monaco on the Rue de Talleyrand.The Hôtel de MonacoIn 1772 Princess Marie-Catherine de Brignole, having recently separated from her husband Honoré III, Prince of Monaco, purchased one of the last available plots of land in the central Parisian district of Saint Germain and instructed the notable architect Alexandre-Théodore Brongniart to build her a palace befitting her rank and worthy of her admiration as well as that of all passers-by, she passed this brief to him with the additional and express wish that the palace be both grander and more elaborate than the nearby Hôtel de Matignon.With this in mind Brongniart set about constructing a palace set around a Cour d'Honneur with a large garden to the rear and a monumental portico above the entrance. The palace was to be approached from the Rue Dominique, where he also built for the Princess an adjacent smaller guest palace, via an avenue of birches having first passed through a monumentally elaborate wrought iron screen. The interior was planned with the occupier's comfort in mind and to this end Brongniart designed the palace so that no room would be shrouded in darkness and that all of the major state rooms would be flooded with natural light, commanding views over either the Cour d'Honneur or to the rear over the gardens of the house. His design was hailed as a breakthrough in Parisian urban architecture and soon became the standard by which other architects of the day designed their grand edifices.