EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Apostolic Nuncio to France, Paris | Tourist Information


10 Avenue du Président Wilson
Paris, France


The Apostolic Nunciature to the French Republic is an ecclesiastical office of the Catholic Church in France. It is a diplomatic post of the Holy See, whose representative is called the Apostolic Nuncio with the rank of an ambassador.History of the NunciatureThe early twentieth century was a very difficult time in France-Vatican relations because of tensions over Church-State separation and anticlericalism, which were condemned by Pius X, and which led to the freezing of relations.However, relations were renewed after the First World War and had very much improved under the presidency of Charles de Gaulle. There was controversy over relations under the Vichy regime, because the regime rewarded the Church even though bishops often opposed antisemitism.Relations with the Sarkozy government have been relatively good, given the fact that the government has announced an end to the ban on recognition of higher Christian institutions.

Landmark Near Apostolic Nuncio to France

La Motte-Picquet – Grenelle
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Avenue de la Motte-Picquet
Paris, France 75015

La Motte-Picquet – Grenelle is a station of the Paris Métro, at the interconnection of lines 6, 8 and 10 in the 15th arrondissement, near the 7th arrondissement. The station combines underground and elevated platforms. It is named after the Avenue de la Motte-Picquet and the Boulevard de Grenelle. It is a major Paris Metro interconnection on the Rive Gauche, and the most important west of Montparnasse.HistoryThe elevated station first opened on 24 April 1906, as part of the extension of line 2 Sud (2 South) from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907, line 2 Sud was incorporated into line 5. On 12 October 1942 the section of line 5 between Étoile and Place d'Italie, including La Motte-Picquet Grenelle, was transferred to Line 6.On 13 July 1913, underground platforms were opened as part of the original section of line 8 between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels) and Opéra via La Motte-Picquet Grenelle. The section of line 8 from La Motte-Picquet Grenelle to Charles Michels and Porte d'Auteuil was transferred to line 10 on 27 July 1937 when line 8 was extended to Balard and an underground track for line 10 was opened linking La Motte-Picquet Grenelle with Duroc.

Pont de Grenelle
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Grenelle
Paris, France 75016

Il Pont de Grenelle è un ponte di Parigi, in Francia, che collega il 15° arrondissement ed il 16° arrondissement della città, e passa attraverso il quartiere Ile des Cignes. Costruito totalmente in acciaio, è un ponte ad arco. La struttura attuale fu edificata nel 1966, con l'obiettivo riuscito di rimpiazzare il ponte precedente, divenuto poco solido, costruito nel 1873; il ponte passa davanti alla copia della Statua della Libertà.

Pont de Grenelle
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont de Grenelle
Paris, France

Le pont de Grenelle-Cadets-de-Saumur est un pont de Paris construit en 1966-1968 sur l’emplacement d'un premier pont bâti en 1827.GéographieLe pont de Grenelle-Cadets-de-Saumur enjambe la Seine de la rue Linois à la rue Maurice-Bourdet, dans le 16e arrondissement de Paris, avec un appui sur l’île aux Cygnes dont l'extrémité aval (au sud-ouest) porte une réplique de la Statue de la Liberté.Ce site est desservi par les stations de métro Mirabeau et Charles Michels.HistoireDepuis l'origine, il a été construit trois ponts successifs.pont de Grenelle (1827)Le premier pont de Grenelle est conçu par l'architecte Mallet, à l'initiative des promoteurs du quartier Beaugrenelle. Le pont est ouvert aux piétons et aux voitures (à cheval) le mai 1827, avec un droit de péage variant de 5 centimes de francs pour un piéton à 25 centimes pour un carrosse à deux chevaux et, concernant les animaux, 1 centime pour un porc, mouton ou chèvre, 2 centimes pour un âne et 5 centimes pour un cheval, bœuf ou vache.En 1873, ce pont s'affaisse totalement.

La Pagode
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
57 Bis Rue de Babylone
Paris, France 75007

01 45 55 48 48

La Pagode, précédemment L'Étoile Pagode, est un établissement qui comporte deux salles de cinéma classées Art et Essai, situé au 57 bis rue de Babylone, à l'angle de la rue Monsieur, dans le arrondissement. Réputé pour sa salle japonaise et son jardin japonais, c'est l'un des endroits dédié au cinéma les plus insolites de Paris.La salle est fermée depuis le 10 novembre 2015 au soir, dans la perspective de travaux et d'une éventuelle réouverture.HistoireLa Pagode fut initialement construite en 1896 par l'architecte Alexandre Marcel, à une époque où le japonisme est à la mode. Il s'agit alors d'un cadeau de François-Émile Morin, directeur du grand magasin Le Bon Marché tout proche, à son épouse. Morin y organise de nombreuses réceptions (à l'inauguration un dîner de cent couvert avec l'orchestre de l'Opéra de Paris, ou quelques mois plus tard une soirée déguisée en empereur et impératrice de Chine), mais dès l’année de l’inauguration, elle quitte son mari pour son associé, Joseph Plassard, lui apportant La Pagode comme dot. Elle meurt en 1917 et ce dernier se remarie avec Antoinette Mougel ; le couple rachète en 1919 les hôtels particuliers alentours, faisant du bâtiment leur salle de fêtes. Les réceptions somptueuses continuent malgré tout jusqu’à la fermeture de la salle en 1927. Des chèvres broutent alors dans le jardin et l'ambassade de Chine songe à acquérir le bâtiment, avant de se raviser, notamment en raison des peintures murales présentant des scènes de guerre où les Japonais dominent les Chinois.

Appartement pour seance photo. Type Haussmannien
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
avenue du Général Mangin
Paris, France 75016

L'appart c'est aussi du materiel photo a dispo (eclairage Elinchrom)

Monumento dei diritti dell'uomo e del cittadino
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Charles-Risler
Paris, France 75010

Il Monumento dei diritti dell'uomo e dei cittadini di Parigi è situato nel Champ de Mars tra la Tour Eiffel e l'École militaire.È stato realizzato nel 1989 in occasione del bicentenario della Dichiarazione dei diritti dell'uomo e del cittadino dallo scultore cecoslovacco Ivan Theimer, quando in Francia il presidente era François Mitterrand.Il monumento ha la forma di un parallelepipedo posato su una doppia piattaforma; la facciata esposta sul Champ de Mars (Sud-ovest) presenta due obelischi e 3 statue di bronzo, oltre ad una incisione a forma di triangolo con 3 fori circolari ed uno triangolare sul muro. Sul lato frontale dell'edificio (Nord-est) si trova una porta di bronzo minuziosamente decorata, affiancata da due colonne; al di sopra della porta intorno ad una foro circolare è rappresentato un serpente che si mangia la coda (Uroboro). Le facce laterali dell'edificio sono decorate da diversi simboli e presentano lastre con incisi nomi di diverse città europee tra cui: Lisbona, Parigi, Bruxelles, Londra, Dublino, Atene, Roma, Lussemburgo, Bonn, Amsterdam, Copenaghen alcuni dei quali con sigillo di bronzo, ed alcuni piccoli rilievi.

Maison de Balzac
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
47 Rue Raynouard
Paris, France 75016

01 55 74 41 80

Maison de Balzac – dom-muzeum oraz była rezydencja francuskiego pisarza Honoré de Balzaca. Muzeum znajduje się w 16. dzielnicy Paryża na ulicy rue Raynouard pod numerem 47. Wstęp jest darmowy. Opłata pobierana jest tylko w trakcie trwania tymczasowych ekspozycji.Skromna rezydencja z ogrodem oraz dziedzińcem usytuowana jest w paryskim okręgu Passy położonym niedaleko Lasku Bulońskiego. Balzac wynajmował w tej posiadłości mieszkanie w latach 1840-1847. W 1949 roku władze Paryża nabyły budynek i założyły w nim muzeum literackie.Ze wszystkich domów, posiadłości oraz mieszkań, w których mieszkał Balzac, jedynie Maison de Balzac przetrwał do dnia dzisiejszego.Pięciopokojowy apartament Balzaka znajduje się na najwyższym piętrze budynku. Wejście na piętro znajduje się od ogrodu posiadłości. Tu właśnie powstawał słynny cykl powieściowy Balzaka, Komedia ludzka. W zbiorach muzeum znajdują się rzeczy codziennego użytku należące do Balzaka, w tym m.in. krzesło i biurko w jego sypialni oraz zestaw do parzenia kawy i herbaty otrzymany od jego przyjaciółki Zulmy Carraud w 1832 roku.W muzeum znajduje się także unikatowy dagerotyp Balzaka autorstwa Louisa-Auguste Bissona oraz portrety olejne Balzaka, jego matki i ojca.Od 1971 roku na parterze rezydencji mieści się biblioteka zawierająca oryginalne powieści, ilustracje oraz manuskrypty wykonane lub podpisane przez Balzaka. Gromadzi również wycinki oraz artykuły poświęcone Balzakowi w ówczesnych dziennikach i czasopismach.

Hôtel de Clermont
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
69, Rue De Varenne
Paris, France 75007

L’hôtel de Clermont est un hôtel particulier situé dans le arrondissement de Paris, 69 rue de Varenne. Il s'étale sur et abrite des sièges du gouvernement.HistoireDepuis 1948, l’hôtel particulier appartient à l’État. Il accueille d'abord la Haute Cour de Justice, le Commissariat à l'énergie atomique puis plusieurs ministères. Il est aujourd’hui occupé par le gouvernement français (relations avec le Parlement). Selon certaines rumeurs, celui-ci a voulu le vendre début 2012. Le 6 février 2014, le ministre Alain Vidalies inaugure un mur à l'effigie de tous les ministres qui ont occupé ce portefeuille depuis 1943.Il possède notamment un escalier en fer forgé, des plafonds peints et une salle à manger donnant sur un jardin d'un demi-hectare.

Ambassade de République tchèque en France
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
15 avenue Charles-Floquet
Paris, France 75007

L'ambassade de République tchèque en France est la représentation diplomatique de la République tchèque auprès de la République française. Elle est située 15 avenue Charles-Floquet, dans le 7e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, la capitale du pays. Son ambassadeur est, depuis 2010, Marie Chatardova.HistoireL'hôtel particulier de style néo-classique accueillant l'ambassade a été construit en 1912 par Pierre Humbert pour Élisabeth de La Rochefoucauld (1865-1946), épouse divorcée (1909) du prince Louis de Ligne (1854-1918).Il a d'abord abrité la légation puis l'ambassade de Tchécoslovaquie, comme locataire à partir de 1919, puis comme propriétaire à partir de 1924 ; après l'avoir acheté, l'ambassade y a mené des travaux conduits par les architectes Charles Duval et Emmanuel Gonse.Après la partition de la Tchécoslovaquie en 1993, l'ambassade de République tchèque est restée dans ces locaux, tandis que l'ambassade de Slovaquie s'est installée au 125 rue du Ranelagh dans le 16e arrondissement de Paris.

Sainte-Clotilde, Paris
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
23 bis Rue las Cases
Paris, France 75007

The Basilica of Saint Clotilde is a basilica church in Paris, located on the Rue Las Cases, in the area of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. It is best known for its imposing twin spires.HistoryConstruction of the church was first mooted by the Paris City Council on 16 February 1827. It was designed by architect F. C. Gau of Cologne in a neo-Gothic style. Work began in 1846, but Gau died in 1853, and the job was continued by Théodore Ballu who completed the church in 1857. It was opened on 30 November 1857 by Cardinal Morlot. The church was declared a minor basilica by Pope Leo XIII in 1896.The Pipe OrganSt. Clotilde is famous for the Aristide Cavaillé-Coll organ (1859, enlarged 1933 and electrified 1962) played by César Franck and the succession of famous composers who have been Organiste titulaire: César Franck 1859-1890 Gabriel Pierné 1890-1898 Charles Tournemire 1898-1939 Joseph-Ermend Bonnal 1942-1944 Jean Langlais 1945-1988 Pierre Cogen and Jacques Taddei 1987-1993 Jacques Taddei 1993-2012 Olivier Penin 2012-

Hôtel de Béhague
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
123 rue Saint Dominique
Paris, France 75007

L’hôtel de Béhague, ou de Béarn, est un hôtel particulier situé à Paris en France. Il abrite aujourd'hui l'Ambassade de Roumanie.LocalisationIl est situé au rue Saint-Dominique, dans le 7e arrondissement de Paris de Paris.HistoireConstruit en 1866 pour le comte Octave de Béhague par Gabriel-Hippolyte Destailleur et agrandi en 1895-1904 par Walter-André Destailleur pour Martine-Marie-Pol de Béhague, comtesse de Béarn. Acheté en 1939 par Carol II, il abrite depuis cette date l'ambassade de Roumanie.Ce bâtiment fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.Voir aussiArticles connexes Liste des monuments historiques du 7e arrondissement de Paris Liste des hôtels particuliers parisiens Relations entre la France et la Roumanie

Embassy of Poland, Paris
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
57 rue Saint Dominique 75007 Pari
Paris, France 75015

01 43 17 34 00

The Embassy of Poland in Paris is the diplomatic mission of the Republic of Poland to the French Republic. The chancery is located in the Hôtel de Monaco on the Rue de Talleyrand.The Hôtel de MonacoIn 1772 Princess Marie-Catherine de Brignole, having recently separated from her husband Honoré III, Prince of Monaco, purchased one of the last available plots of land in the central Parisian district of Saint Germain and instructed the notable architect Alexandre-Théodore Brongniart to build her a palace befitting her rank and worthy of her admiration as well as that of all passers-by, she passed this brief to him with the additional and express wish that the palace be both grander and more elaborate than the nearby Hôtel de Matignon.With this in mind Brongniart set about constructing a palace set around a Cour d'Honneur with a large garden to the rear and a monumental portico above the entrance. The palace was to be approached from the Rue Dominique, where he also built for the Princess an adjacent smaller guest palace, via an avenue of birches having first passed through a monumentally elaborate wrought iron screen. The interior was planned with the occupier's comfort in mind and to this end Brongniart designed the palace so that no room would be shrouded in darkness and that all of the major state rooms would be flooded with natural light, commanding views over either the Cour d'Honneur or to the rear over the gardens of the house. His design was hailed as a breakthrough in Parisian urban architecture and soon became the standard by which other architects of the day designed their grand edifices.

Embassy of Poland, Paris
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
57 rue Saint Dominique
Paris, France 75007

L'ambassade de Pologne en France est la représentation diplomatique de la République de Pologne auprès de la République française. Elle est située au 1 rue de Talleyrand, dans le 7e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, la capitale du pays. Son ambassadeur est, depuis 2015, Andrzej Byrt.BâtimentL'ambassade est située rue de Talleyrand, à Paris.La résidence de l'ambassadeur se trouve à quelques mètres dans l'hôtel de Monaco. Il s'agit d'un hôtel particulier du faubourg Saint-Germain à Paris. Situé près des Invalides, l'accès se fait rue Saint-Dominique par une allée privée. Il est construit en 1774 par Alexandre-Théodore Brongniart sur commande de Marie-Catherine Brignole qui vient de divorcer du prince Honoré III de Monaco. Après la Révolution française, le bâtiment abrite notamment l'ambassade d'Autriche. Il est ensuite largement modifié sous la monarchie de Juillet par William Williams-Hope.

Rue de la Comète (Paris)
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Rue de la Comète
Paris, France

La rue de la Comète est une voie du arrondissement de Paris, en France.DescriptionLa rue de la Comète est une voie publique située dans le arrondissement de Paris. Elle débute au 75 rue Saint-Dominique et se termine au 160 rue de Grenelle.

Francophonie
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
19-21 avenue bosquet
Paris, France 75007

La francophonie désigne l'ensemble des personnes et des institutions qui utilisent le français comme langue de première socialisation , langue d'usage, langue administrative, langue d'enseignement ou langue choisie. La francophonie peut renvoyer tant à l'ensemble des pays francophones qu'à l'ensemble des pays ou régions membres de l'Organisation internationale de la Francophonie (OIF) (notamment représentés par l'Association internationale des régions francophones (AIRF), où le français n'est d'ailleurs pas obligatoirement la langue majoritaire, ni même langue officielle.Selon l'OIF, en 2014, le français est la cinquième langue la plus parlée au monde avec 274 millions de locuteurs représentant 4 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 26), dont 212 millions en faisant un usage quotidien (+ 7 % entre 2010 et 2014) représentant 3 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 32). Estimé à 284 millions en 2015, le nombre de francophones approchera les 700 millions en 2050 soit 8 % de la population mondiale (une personne sur 13), et 85 % de ces francophones seront en Afrique du fait de la croissance démographique.Dénominations« Francophonie », « francophonie » et « espace francophone »… Ces trois locutions ou syntagmes sont parfois synonymes mais le plus souvent complémentaires dans l'usage :

Maison de la Chimie
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
28 rue Saint-Dominique
Paris, France 75007

The Maison de la Chimie is an international conference center in Paris, France, located near the National Assembly.The house is managed by a nonprofit association. Its primary objective is to assist and help scientists and engineers working in the field of chemistry, through the organization of meetings, colloquia and conferences.The house provides office space to various associations involved in scientific and technological fields.Halls and rooms are also rented for meetings whose topics lie outside the field of chemistry; these other usages actually represent 75% to 80% of the activity. Because of its central location in Paris, near the National Assembly and several ministries, the house is particularly sought for meetings with elected officials.See also Maison de la MutualitéExternal links Official site of the foundation Official site of the conference center

Maison de la chimie
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
28, rue Saint Dominique
Paris, France 75007

01 40 62 27 00

The Maison de la Chimie is an international conference center in Paris, France, located near the National Assembly.The house is managed by a nonprofit association. Its primary objective is to assist and help scientists and engineers working in the field of chemistry, through the organization of meetings, colloquia and conferences.The house provides office space to various associations involved in scientific and technological fields.Halls and rooms are also rented for meetings whose topics lie outside the field of chemistry; these other usages actually represent 75% to 80% of the activity. Because of its central location in Paris, near the National Assembly and several ministries, the house is particularly sought for meetings with elected officials.

Avenue Paul Doumer
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Paul Doumer
Paris, France 75116

Die Avenue Paul Doumer ist eine Straße im 16. Arrondissement von Paris, im Viertel Muette. Die 970 Meter lange und 30 Meter breite Straße beginnt an der Place du Trocadéro et du 11 Novembre und endet an der Rue de Passy Nr. 82 und der Chaussée de la Muette Nr. 2. An ihrem Ende wird sie in südwestlicher Richtung durch die Avenue Mozart „verlängert“.GeschichteDie Anfänge der Straße liegen im Jahr 1904 im Abschnitt zwischen der Rue de la Pompe und der Chaussée de la Muette. Ursprünglich trug sie den Namen Avenue de la Muette. Nach der Ermordung des ehemaligen französischen Staatspräsidenten Paul Doumer Anfang Mai 1932 erhielt die Straße am 19. Juli 1932 ihre heutige Bezeichnung.Wohnsitz berühmter PersonenIn dem Haus Nummer 71 lebte einst Brigitte Bardot.Das mit der Filmindustrie am engsten verbundene Haus der Straße findet sich unter Nummer 19. Hier lebten einige Schauspieler und andere Größen der Filmbranche, wie zum Beispiel Mireille Darc und Robert Hossein. Das Haus war auch Drehort des 1970 uraufgeführten französischen Spielfilms Vier im roten Kreis (OT: Le cercle rouge). Im Film unterhielt der Gangster Corey (dargestellt von Alain Delon) eine Wohnung in diesem Haus.

Paris sewers
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Alma, rive gauche, Face au 93 quai d'Orsay
Paris, France 75007

+33 (0) 1 53 68 27 81.

The Parisian sewer system dates back to the year 1370 when the first underground system was constructed under "rue Montmartre". Since then, consecutive French governments have enlarged the system to cover the city's population.HistoryUntil the Middle Ages, the drinking water in Paris was taken from the river Seine. The wastewater was poured onto fields or unpaved streets, and finally filtered back into the Seine. Around 1200, Phillipe Auguste had the Parisian streets paved, incorporating a drain for waste water in their middle. In 1370 Hugues Aubriot, a Parisian provost had a vaulted, stone walled sewer built in the "rue Montmartre". This sewer collected the wastewater and took it to the "Ménilmontant" brook. However the wastewater was still drained in the open air.Under the reign of Louis XIV, a large ring sewer was built on the right bank, and the Bièvre River was used as a sewer for the left bank of the Seine. On at least two occasions in the late 1700s, Paris refused to build an updated water system that scientists had studied. Women were actually carrying water from the river Seine to their residences in buckets. Voltaire wrote about it, saying that they "will not begrudge money for a Comic Opera, but will complain about building aqueducts worthy of Augustus". Louis Pasteur himself lost three children to typhoid. Under Napoleon I, the first Parisian vaulted sewer network was built. It was 30 km long.In 1855, as a part of his plan to improve the sanitation and traffic circulation in Paris, Napoleon III ordered the construction of new boulevards, aqueducts and sewers. His prefect for the Seine, Baron Haussmann, and the engineer Eugène Belgrand, designed the present Parisian sewer and water supply networks. Thus was built, more than a century ago, a double water supply network (one for drinking water and one for non drinking water) and a sewer network that was 600 km long in 1878.

Mona Bismarck American Center for Art & Culture
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
34, avenue de New York
Paris, France 75116

Through a multidisciplinary program of exhibitions, events, and educational outreach, the Center’s mission is to engage visitors in a dialogue with the depth and diversity of the current American cultural scene.The current Center was launched in 2011, based on the legacy of the Mona Bismarck Foundation, which became active in 1986 following the death of its founder and sole benefactor, the American philanthropist Countess Mona von Bismarck. She donated her Parisian townhouse and the majority of her estate to found the Mona Bismarck Foundation, as "her desire was to establish a Cultural Centre in Paris to enhance the cause of American/French friendship upon her death".HistoryThe CenterLocated on the Seine, across from the Eiffel Tower, the hôtel particulier, or Parisian townhouse, was built at the end of the nineteenth century. It was reconfigured for Mona Bismarck in the late 1950s by French interior decorator Stéphane Boudin. The building was featured in a 1928 issue of Vogue.ProgrammingExhibitionsTwo to three temporary exhibitions of American art are presented each year in partnership with international institutions. Exhibitions focus on a single artist or theme and represent a range of artistic styles and movements.Past exhibitions :Quilt Art: L’Art du Patchwork(February 13 – May 19, 2013)Mary Cassatt à Paris: Drawings and Engravings from the Ambroise Vollard Collection(September 26, 2012 – January 20, 2013)The Wyeths: Three Generations of American ArtBank of America Merrill Lynch Collection(November 10, 2011 to February 12, 2012)Little Black Dress (July 3 – September 22, 2013)