Melcombe Place London, United Kingdom NW1 6QH 08432221234
Marylebone station, also known as London Marylebone, is a central London railway terminus and London Underground complex. It stands midway between the main line stations at Euston and Paddington, about 1 mile (1.6 km) from each.Originally the London terminus of the former Great Central Main Line to Sheffield and Manchester, which was closed north of Aylesbury in 1966, it now serves as the terminus of the Chiltern Main Line route to Birmingham, the London to Aylesbury Line (a remaining part of the former Great Central Line), and, in 2015 services commenced between Marylebone and, via a new chord connecting the Chiltern Main Line to the Oxford to Bicester Line.Marylebone is the Central London terminus for Chiltern Railways which provides a large number of commuter/regional services approximately due north-west principally along the M40 corridor to destinations in Buckinghamshire, parts of Oxfordshire, Warwickshire and the West Midlands.
Please note that any content posted by our fans does not necessarily represent the views of Heathrow Express and we do not take responsibility for this content.
Heathrow Express does not assume any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of information expressed by individuals on this site.
Please keep comments relevant to the original post.
Comments unrelated to the original post will be removed. Comments that contain profanities or insults directed at us or other users will not be published.
Set in a beautiful market town, Lanes of London provides a service to all needs in the jewellery trade...
Handmade or Jewellery to order
Second Hand High End Watches
Diamonds - New & Antique
Marble Arch is a London Underground station in the City of Westminster. The station is between Lancaster Gate and Bond Street stations on the Central line, and is in Travelcard Zone 1.HistoryThe station was opened on 30 July 1900 by the Central London Railway (CLR).Like all the original stations on the CLR, Marble Arch was served by lifts to the platforms but the station was reconstructed in the early 1930s to accommodate escalators. This saw the closure of the original station building, designed by the architect Harry Bell Measures, that was situated on the corner of Quebec Street and Oxford Street, and a replacement sub-surface ticket hall opened further to the west. The new arrangements came into use on 15 August 1932. The original surface building was later demolished.The platforms, originally lined in plain white tiles, were refitted with decorative vitreous enamel panels in 1985. The panel graphics were designed by Annabel Grey.The station was modernised (2010) resulting in new finishes in all areas of the station, apart from the retention of various of the decorative enamel panels at platform level.The station todayThe station is named after the Marble Arch nearby and is located at the north east side of the Marble Arch junction, at the western end of Oxford Street.