Place de Clichy Paris Paris, France 75018 0033661130828
Place de Clichy is a station of the Paris Métro, serving Paris Metro Line 2 and Line 13 at the junction of the 8th and 17th arrondissement of Paris.The station was opened on 7 October 1902 as part of the extension of line 2 from Étoile to Anvers. The Place was named after the Barrière de Clichy, a gate built on the road to the village of Clichy for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished in the 19th century.The line 13 platforms opened on 26 February 1911 as part of the Nord-Sud Company's line B from Saint-Lazare to Porte de Saint-Ouen. On 27 March 1931 line B became line 13 of the Métro. In 1994, these platforms were restored with heritage green bordered tiled names on the platforms.Nearby are the Montmartre Cemetery and the town hall of the 17th arrondissement.
The Tuileries Garden is a public garden located between the Louvre Museum and the Place de la Concorde in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. Created by Catherine de Medici as the garden of the Tuileries Palace in 1564, it was eventually opened to the public in 1667, and became a public park after the French Revolution. In the 19th and 20th century, it was the place where Parisians celebrated, met, promenaded, and relaxed.Garden of Catherine de MedicisIn July 1559, after the death of her husband, Henry II, Queen Catherine de Medicis decided to move from her residence at the chateau of Tournelles, near the Bastille, to the Louvre Palace, along with her son, the new King, François II. She decided that she would build a new palace there for herself, separate from the Louvre, with a garden modeled after the gardens of her native Florence.At the time there was an empty area bordered by the Seine on the south, the rue Saint-Honoré on the north, the Louvre on the east, and the city walls and deep water-filled moat on the west. Since the 13th century this area was occupied by workshops, called tuileries, making tiles for the roofs of buildings. Some of land had been acquired early in the 16th century by King Francois I. Catherine acquired more land and began to build a new palace and garden on the site.
The Pont des Invalides is the lowest bridge traversing the Seine in Paris.HistoryThe story of this bridge started in 1821, when engineer Claude Navier conceived a technologically revolutionary bridge that crossed the Seine in one single reach without any point of support in between. The proposed suspension bridge, the construction of which started in 1824, was meant to be erected opposite to the Hotel des Invalides on the site of the current Pont Alexandre III. Due to cracks in some parts of the bridge and gradual settling, the project was abandoned before the bridge even made it into service.In response to complaints from the defenders of the Invalides perspective, the Public Services decided to shift the bridge site upriver. Therefore, in 1829, two engineers, de Verges and Bayard de la Vingtrie, completed the construction of a proper suspension bridge supported by two piers in the Seine and three porticos, each 20 m in height. Unfortunately, due to rapidly growing wear on the bridge, its access had to be regulated in 1850.In 1854, the bridge was demolished to be replaced by a new one in time for the upcoming 1855 World Fair in Paris. Paul-Martin Gallocher de Lagalisserie and Jules Savarin used the existing piers of the former suspension bridge and a newly added central pier to build an arch bridge in masonry on the same site. The new pier was adorned with sculptures in two allegorical themes: the Land Victory by Victor Vilain upriver; the Maritime Victory by Georges Diébolt downstream, whereas the two old piers were adorned with sculptures of military trophies bearing the imperial coat of arms, both the work of Astyanax-Scévola Bosio.
La poste centrale du Louvre, anciennement l'hôtel des Postes, est un bureau central de La Poste situé au 52 de la rue du Louvre, dans le arrondissement de Paris. Le bâtiment a été dessiné par l'architecte Julien Guadet. Du fait des travaux de rénovation, les services de ce bureau de Poste sont actuellement dans un bureau de remplacement situé 400 mètres plus à l'Est-Sud-Est, au 16 rue Étienne-Marcel.HistoireEn 1757, l’hôtel d’Armenonville, est acheté par Laurent Destouches pour le compte de Louis XV afin d’y installer l’administration des Postes. Il était situé rue Jean-Jacques-Rousseau, entre les rues Coq-Héron, Verdelet et Coquillière.Devenu insalubre et trop exigu, il est totalement démoli à la fin du XIX siècle. C’est à l’architecte Julien Guadet qu’est confiée la construction de l'actuel bâtiment à l’emplacement du précédent, entre 1878 et 1886. Il est officiellement inauguré le 14 juillet 1888.Présentation et particularitésCe lieu assure un service exceptionnel aux particuliers, entreprises et administrations car c'est le seul bureau de poste français à être ouvert quasiment 24 heures sur 24, tout au long de l'année, à l'exception du créneau allant de à du matin, réservé à des opérations informatiques de maintenance et de sauvegarde.
Dans la lignée des établissements Beaumarly...
Ouvert en 2002, l’Étienne Marcel est situé en plein cœur du quartier Montorgueil, dans le 2ème arrondissement de Paris.
Cette brasserie parisienne Beaumarly (famille Gilbert et Thierry Costes) offre un décor totalement 70’s. Fauteuils blancs en plastique moulé, moquettes épaisses à motifs graphique. Pop et flashy, l’interieur est signé M/M, Philippe Parreno et Pierre Huyghe.
Dehors la grande terrasse stratégiquement située, offre une vue dégagée et ensoleillée. Idéal point de chute lord d’une après midi shopping, ou pour un apéritif en musique animé par des DJ au style hétéroclite. La cuisine y est française, simple et créative, et les cocktails maison, éclectiques et généreux.
Au menu le fameux love burger, les assiettes « à partager entre amis » et le très apprécié Brunch du dimanche.
Rue Montorgueil is a street in the 1st arrondissement and 2nd arrondissement (in the Montorgueil-Saint Denis-Les Halles district) of Paris, France. Lined with restaurants, cafés, bakeries, fish stores, cheese shops, wine shops, produce stands and flower shops, rue Montorgueil is a place for Parisians to socialize while doing their daily shopping. At the southernmost tip of rue Montorgueil is Saint-Eustache Church, and Les Halles, containing the largest indoor (mostly underground) shopping mall in central Paris; and to the north is the area known as the Grand Boulevards.Famous restaurants L'Escargot, 38, rue Montorgueil. Founded in 1875 by restaurateur Mignard. Au Rocher de Cancale La Maison Stohrer, 51, rue Montorgueil. This bakery opened its doors in 1730 and is one of the oldest bakeries in Paris. It was at this location that baba au rhum was invented.
The Musée en Herbe is an art museum for children, located at 21 rue Hérold and also in the Jardin d'Acclimatation, Bois de Boulogne, Paris, France. It is open daily; an admission fee is charged.The museum was established in 1975 by Sylvie Girardet and Claire Merleau-Ponty. It presents a series of art exhibits and workshops for children, based on the works of artists such as Marc Chagall, Pablo Picasso, and Niki de Saint Phalle.
Place de la ConcordeDistance: 1.3 miTourist Information place de la concorde 75008 Paris Paris, 75018
The Place de la Concorde is one of the major public squares in Paris, France. Measuring 8.64ha in area, it is the largest square in the French capital. It is located in the city's eighth arrondissement, at the eastern end of the Champs-Élysées.HistoryThe place was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel in 1755 as a moat-skirted octagon between the Champs-Élysées to the west and the Tuileries Garden to the east. Decorated with statues and fountains, the area was named Place Louis XV to honor the king at that time. The square showcased an equestrian statue of the king, which had been commissioned in 1748 by the city of Paris, sculpted mostly by Edmé Bouchardon, and completed by Jean-Baptiste Pigalle after the death of Bouchardon.At the north end, two magnificent identical stone buildings were constructed. Separated by the rue Royale, these structures remain among the best examples of Louis Quinze style architecture. Initially, the eastern building served as the French Naval Ministry. Shortly after its construction, the western building became the opulent home of the Duc d'Aumont. It was later purchased by the Comte de Crillon, whose family resided there until 1907. The famous luxury Hôtel de Crillon, which currently occupies the building, took its name from its previous owners.
Petit Palais, Musée des Beaux-Arts de la Ville de Paris Avenue Winston-Churchill 75008 Paris Ouvert tous les jours de 10h à 18h sauf lundi et les jours fériés. Nocturne le jeudi jusqu'à 20h pour les expositions temporaires. www.petitpalais.paris.fr
Basilica of Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, ParisDistance: 1.3 miTourist Information 6 Rue Notre-Dame Des Victoires Paris, 75002
Located at 6, rue Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris, Notre-Dame-des-Victoires is one of ten minor basilicas located in the Île-de-France region of France. The closest Metro station is 'Bourse'.HistoryIn 1619 the Discalced Augustinians (colloquially referred to as the "Petits Pères") established their convent, Notre-Dame-des-Victoires, on three hectares of land they had purchased by the bourse (market) of the city, located at the intersection of the Place des Petits-Pères and Rue de la Banque. Notre Dame des Victoires is the former chapel of the Augustinian fathers (Petits-Pères), built in the years 1629-1740.On December 8, 1629 the foundations were blessed by the Archbishop of Paris, Jean-François de Gondi. The next day, King Louis XIII himself laid the cornerstone in the presence of the Court's 'seigneurs' and the city's officials. The construction was funded by King Louis on the condition that it be dedicated to his victory over the Protestants at La Rochelle, which he attributed to the intercession of the Blessed Mother.The first church being too small, reconstruction commenced in 1656 according to the plans of Pierre Le Muet. Libéral Bruant, Robert Boudin, and Gabriel Leduc oversaw this work. The new church, not yet completed, was consecrated in 1666. Work was finalized in 1737 under the supervision of Sylvain Cartaud. He oversaw the expansion of the nave, the construction of the façade as well as the construction of the transept's striking spherical roof.
The hôtel de la Marine is a building on place de la Concorde in Paris, to the east of Rue Royale. It was built between 1757 and 1774 on what was then known as place Louis XV, with a façade by Ange-Jacques Gabriel, Premier architecte du Roi and designer of the square. The identical building to its west now houses the Hôtel de Crillon.The building works were led by Jacques-Germain Soufflot. Its two pediments contain allegories of Magnificence and Felicity by Guillaume II Coustou and Michel-Ange Slodtz. It originally belonged wholly to the crown, at first being used by the Garde-Meuble, whose galleries were open to the public from 9 am to 1 pm on the first Tuesday of each month between Easter and All Saints' Day. It also housed a chapel, a library, workshops, stables and many apartments, including those of the intendant of the Garde-Meuble – at first Pierre Élisabeth de Fontanieu then Marc-Antoine Thierry de Ville-d'Avray .When the Government was forced to join Louis XVI in quitting Versailles and setting up in the palais des Tuileries, the secrétaire d'État à la Marine, César Henri de la Luzerne, was hosted at the Garde-Meuble by his cousin Thierry de Ville d'Avray. Thus, from 1789, it housed the naval ministry. Led by admiral Decrès, the ministry considerably expanded its offices until it occupied the whole building.
The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile is an association established as the Association Internationale des Automobile Clubs Reconnus on 20 June 1904 to represent the interests of motoring organisations and motor car users. To the general public, the FIA is mostly known as the governing body for many auto racing events. The FIA also promotes road safety around the world.Headquartered at 8 Place de la Concorde, Paris, the FIA consists of 239 national member organisations in 143 countries worldwide. Its current president is Jean Todt.The FIA is generally known by its French name or initials, even in non-French-speaking countries, but is occasionally rendered as 'International Automobile Federation'.Its most prominent role is in the licensing and arbitration of Formula One and World Rally Championship motor racing. The FIA along with the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme also certify land speed record attempts. The International Olympic Committee provisionally recognized the federation in 2011, and granted full recognition in 2013.HistoryThe Association Internationale des Automobile Clubs Reconnus was founded in Paris on 20 June 1904, as an association of national motor clubs. The association was designed to represent the interests of motor car users, as well as to oversee the burgeoning international motor sport scene. In 1922, the AIACR delegated the organisation of automobile racing to the Commission Sportive Internationale, which would set the regulations for international Grand Prix motor racing. The European Drivers' Championship was introduced in 1931, a title awarded to the driver with the best results in the selected Grands Prix. Upon the resumption of motor racing after the Second World War, the AIACR was renamed the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. The FIA established a number of new racing categories, among them Formulas One and Two, and created the first World Championship, the Formula One World Drivers' Championship, in 1950.
Champs-Élysées – Clemenceau is a station on lines 1 and 13 of the Paris Métro in the 8th arrondissement.The stations platforms and access tunnels lie beneath Avenue des Champs-Élysées and Place Clemenceau. It is one of the eight original stations opened as part of the first section of line 1 between Porte de Vincennes and Porte Maillot on 19 July 1900. The line 13 platforms were opened on 18 February 1975 as part of the line's extension from Miromesnil. It was the southern terminus of the line until its extension under the Seine to connect with old line 14, which was then incorporated into line 13 on 9 November 1976.Situated to the north of the station is the Elysee Palace, the official residence of the President of France. To the south are the Grand Palais and the Petit Palais. Erected along the outside of Georges Clemenceau Place are statues of world leaders involved in the two world wars: Georges Clemenceau, Charles de Gaulle and Winston Churchill.
The Ritz Paris is reborn and freshly restored, a transformation which has never been accomplished since the opening of the hotel in 1898.
142 rooms and suites, including 15 Prestige Suites have been completely redesigned in the spirit of the Ritz Paris and with the latest technology.
Executive Chef Nicolas Sale orchestrates culinary experiences.
Flooded with light, the Gallery is an exclusive passageway running through the hotel and that opens onto the Grand Jardin. It features 95 shop windows, 5 boutiques and a Concept Store dedicated to the art of travel.
Lovers of Haute Cuisine rediscover the now even more spacious and world-renowned École Ritz Escoffier.
The Ritz Club Paris welcomes CHANEL au Ritz Paris, an area dedicated to Chanel skin-care services and customized beauty experiences.
Your room is ready. Rendezvous at 15, place Vendôme.
More information on www.ritzparis.com or through our social media channels.
The main duties of the Ile de France Film Commission are to facilitate filming in the region by offering French and foreign film crews the best possible work conditions and production framework and to facilitate the setting up of French and foreign co-productions.
La Commission du Film d’Ile-de-France met en place l’ensemble des outils nécessaires pour renforcer l’attractivité de la Région Ile-de-France comme site de tournage et comme espace privilégié pour la production cinématographique et audiovisuelle.
Passage Choiseul is one of the covered passages of Paris located in the 2nd arrondissement. It is the continuation of Rue de Choiseul.HistoryIt was built between 1825 and 1827. It was designed by Francois Mazois. He died before the building was complete. Another architect, Antoine Tavernier, complete the work. Louis-Ferdinand Celine lived here as a child in the early 20th-century. As an adult he described it as having gas lamps that "stank as badly as the stagnant air," and the aroma of "dogs urine" in the passage. In 1907 the glass roof was replaced. The passage fell into disrepair. In the 1970s visitation increased when Kenzo opened a boutique in the passage. They have since relocated to the Place des Victories.TodayPassage Choiseul is a shopping and food area. It has restaurants, clothing stores, book stores, jewellery shops, art galleries, art supply shops and hair cutter. The entrance to the Théâtre des Bouffes-Parisiens is located in the passage. The bottom floor is mainly retail and the upper floors are primarily residential. It is the longest covered passage in the city, at 190 meters and 3.7 meters width. In 2012, it began renovations and restoration by Jean Frédéric Grevet. It is a registered historic monument in France.LocationIt is just west of Galerie Vivienne on Rue des Petits-Champs in the 2nd arrondissement.
The rue de la Paix is a fashionable shopping street in the center of Paris. Located in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris, running north from Place Vendôme and ending at the Opéra Garnier, it is best known for its jewellers, such as the shop opened by Cartier in 1898. Charles Frederick Worth was the first to open a couture house in the rue de la Paix. Many buildings on the street are inspired in design by the hôtels particuliers of Place Vendôme.HistoryThe street was opened in 1806 from Place Vendôme on the orders of Napoleon I, part of the Napoleonic program to open the heart of the Right Bank of Paris, both towards the undeveloped western suburbs and to the north. Creating the new street required the demolition of the ancient Convent of the Capucins. At first named Rue Napoléon, its name was changed in 1814, after the Bourbon Restoration, to celebrate the newly arranged peace.TransportationBased in the center of Paris, the street can be reached by: metro: line 1 18px or buses: 72.Retail outlets associated with Rue da la Paix Louis Aucoc - The Aucoc family firm at 6 Rue de la Paix was established in 1821 Duvelleroy is a fan-maker house established at 15 Rue de la Paix in 1827 by Jean-Pierre Duvelleroy, Cartier - 1898. Charles Frederick Worth was the first to open a couture house at 7 rue de la Paix, and in 1885 created the label of his salon "Worth 7, Rue de la Paix". Boué Soeurs, a fashion house active from the late 1890s to early 1950s
Hôtel de la PaïvaDistance: 1.4 miTourist Information 25, Avenue des Champs-Elysées Paris, 75008
The Hôtel de la Païva was built between 1856 and 1866 at 25 Avenue des Champs-Élysées by the courtesan Esther Lachmann, better known as La Païva. She was born in modest circumstances in the Moscow ghetto, to Polish parents. By successive marriages, she became a Portuguese marchioness and a Prussian countess, this last marriage supplying the funds for the hôtel, at which she gave fabulous feasts.HistoryLa Païva had already acquired a luxurious mansion at 28 Place Saint-Georges in Paris, but dreamt of building another on the Champs-Élysées, which she thought the most beautiful avenue in the world. According to legend, in her youth she had been pushed out of a cab by a hurried customer and slightly injured. She promised to herself to build herself a house on the avenue where she fell. After her marriage to Albino Francisco de Araújo de Paiva, the self-styled Portuguese marquis de la Païva, she had the funds to do so.Once the hôtel was built, she received many notable people there, including the Goncourt brothers, Théophile Gautier, Léon Gambetta, Ernest Renan, and Hippolyte Taine. In 1877, suspected of espionage, La Païva and her husband, Prussian multimillionaire Count Guido Henckel von Donnersmarck, whom she had married in 1871, left France and withdrew to Silesia, where she died in 1884.Since 1903, the Hôtel de la Païva, with its large yellow onyx staircase, Moorish-style bathroom, sculptures, paintings, and a ceiling by Paul Baudry, has been home to the Travelers Club.
Ce site est desservi par les stations de métro Opéra et Madeleine.Le boulevard de la Madeleine est un des grands boulevards de Paris, et fait partie de la chaîne constituée d'ouest en est par les boulevards de la Madeleine, des Capucines, des Italiens et Montmartre.Origine du nomLe boulevard doit son nom à l'église de la Madeleine toute proche.Bâtiments remarquables, et lieux de mémoire ' : Ici se trouvait dans les années 1920, la Galerie Adolphe Le Goupy. ' : à l'entresol de l'immeuble, mourut Alphonsine Plessis (dite Marie Duplessis) rendue célèbre par Alexandre Dumas fils, sous le nom de La Dame aux camélias et par Giuseppe Verdi dans son opéra la Traviata. ' : Hôtel de la Compagnie des messageries maritimes. D'inspiration classique, élevé par l‘architecte J. de Saint-Maurice et les ingénieurs constructeurs Lugagne et de Bouillanne en 1916, l'ancien siège de la Compagnie des Messageries Maritimes est un grand immeuble, entre le boulevard et la rue de Sèze, les rues Vignon (22 fenêtres en façade) et Godot-de-Mauroy. Ses murs conservent des sculptures et bas relief maritimes. Le transfert du siège des Messageries Maritimes du Boulevard de la Madeleine à Paris à la Tour Winterthur à La Défense a eu lieu en 1975. ' : Emplacement de la Galerie Bernheim-Jeune à partir de 1906 à 1925
Since 1837, Tiffany & Co. has been the world's premier jeweler. Explore our collections of iconic engagement rings, cherished gifts and visionary jewelry designs, all crafted from the finest materials and most spectacular gemstones. Shop for engagement rings, watches, and timeless gifts in Paris, IdF.
The Lycée Condorcet is a school founded in 1803 in Paris, France, located at 8, rue du Havre, in the city's 9th arrondissement. Since its inception, various political eras have seen it given a number of different names, but its identity today honors the memory of the Marquis de Condorcet. The school provides secondary education as part of the French education system. Henri Bergson, Horace Finaly, Claude Lévi-Strauss, Marcel Proust, and Paul Verlaine were educated at the Lycée Condorcet.Some of the school's famous teachers include Jean Beaufret, Paul Bénichou, Jean-Marie Guyau, Jean-Paul Sartre and Stéphane Mallarmé.HistoryThe Lycée Condorcet, opened in 1803, is one of the four oldest high schools in Paris and also one of the most prestigious. During the greater part of the nineteenth century, the school was the "great Liberal High School" on the right bank with its relatively flexible regime that was chosen by the progressive bourgeoisie for its sons. It is among the few schools in Paris that never had students as boarders: students who were not living with their parents worked, ate, and slept in the neighbourhood via a network of "maitres de pension". The mix has gradually emerged in 1924 for preparatory classes for the grandes écoles, and 1975 for secondary classes.
Rendre plus accessible les pratiques de Médecine Esthétique, selon vos envies, vos besoins et votre budget, telle est notre volonté dans le service de Médecine Esthétique du Centre Médical Saint-Lazare.
Notre équipe de Médecins Experts, diplômés de Médecine Esthétique, vous propose des soins de qualité, sûrs et efficaces. Nous disposons par ailleurs d’un plateau technique laser de pointe, afin de mettre à votre disposition les traitements les plus innovants et récents en Médecine Esthétique.
Traitement des rides, de la cellulite, des différents problèmes de peau, épilation définitive au laser ou encore retrait d’un tatouage, les Médecins Experts en Médecine Esthétique du Centre Médical Saint-Lazare sont là pour vous écouter et vous conseiller dans votre projet esthétique.
Votre beauté est notre passion, vous embellir est notre Art.
Un service de médecine esthétique au coeur d'un centre médical agréé et conventionné. Les soins sont garantis au tarif conventionné, tarif "sécurité sociale" avec pratique du tiers payant. Des accords ont été établis avec plus de 250 mutuelles permettant d'éviter à nos patients toute avance de frais,
L'accès au service esthétique est possible 6 jours sur 7 même au mois d’août, de 9h à 19h