EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Louvre Palace, Paris | Tourist Information


Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75058


The Louvre Palace is a former royal palace located on the Right Bank of the Seine in Paris, between the Tuileries Gardens and the church of Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois. Originally a fortress built in the medieval period, it became a royal palace in the fourteenth century under Charles V and was used from time to time by the kings of France as their main Paris residence. Its present structure has evolved in stages since the 16th century. In 1793 part of the Louvre became a public museum, now the celebrated Musée du Louvre, which has expanded to occupy most of the building.

Art Museum Near Louvre Palace

Musée Bourdelle
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
18, rue Antoine Bourdelle
Paris, 75015

01 49 54 73 73

The Musée Bourdelle is an art museum located at 18, rue Antoine Bourdelle, in the 15th arrondissement of Paris, France. It is open daily, except Mondays. The nearest Paris Métro stations are Falguière and Montparnasse – Bienvenüe.The museum preserves the studio of sculptor Antoine Bourdelle (1861–1929), and provides an example of Parisian ateliers from the late 19th and early 20th centuries. It was Bourdelle's active studio from 1885-1929.In 1922 he began plans to turn his studio into a museum; in the early 1930s Gabriel Cognacq provided funds to purchase the studio and thus avoid dispersing the artist's remaining works. The museum was inaugurated in 1949, and expanded in 1961 by architect Henri Gautruche and again in 1992 by Christian de Portzamparc.Today the museum contains more than 500 works including marble, plaster, and bronze statues, paintings, pastels, fresco sketches, and Bourdelle's personal collection of works by artists including Eugène Carrière, Eugène Delacroix, Jean Auguste Dominique Ingres, Adolphe Joseph Thomas Monticelli, Pierre Puvis de Chavannes, and Auguste Rodin. It contains the original plaster casts of some of his finest works including 21 studies of Ludwig van Beethoven, as well as document archives and his copies of Greek and medieval works.

Espace Krajcberg
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
21 Avenue du Maine
Paris, 75015

09 50 58 42 22

L'Espace Krajcberg se consacre à la promotion de l’expression artistique en relation avec la nature et engage des actions en faveur de la planète spécialement dans la relation entre la France et le Brésil. Education, diffusion, incitation à la création, édition, production audiovisuelle, conférences, expositions, débats, sont ses moyens d’intervention. L’Espace Krajcberg est géré par une association indépendante « des amis de Frans Krajcberg ». Il est financé par la ville de Paris et par la Fondation Yves Rocher.

Fondation Dubuffet
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
137 rue de Sèvres
Paris, 75006

01 47 34 12 63

Musée Hébert
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
85 rue du Cherche-Midi
Paris,

The Musée Hébert is a museum located in the Hôtel de Montmorency-Bours at 85, rue du Cherche-Midi, in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, France. It has been closed since 2004 for renovations.The museum is housed within the Petit-Montmorency, constructed in 1743 by the Comte de Montmorency, and former home of academic painter Ernest Hébert (1817–1908). After his adopted son's death in 1974, the building became state property and opened as a museum in 1984. Since 2004, the museum Hébert has been affiliated with the Musée d’Orsay, and indefinitely closed for renovations.The museum contains collections of Hébert's work, furniture, decorative items, souvenirs, and photographs, set within rooms almost unchanged since the 18th century. His paintings include portraits of literary critic Jules Lemaître, and two noted grandes horizontales, La Païva and Madame de Loynes.

Musée du Luxembourg
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
19 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, 75006

01 40 13 62 00

Bienvenue sur la page facebook du Musée du Luxembourg ! Retrouvez nous ici : http://www.museeduluxembourg.fr/ et ici aussi : https://twitter.com/museeluxembourg

Musée National du Moyen Âge
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, 75005

Maison Des Amériques Latines
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
3 Rue Cassette
Paris, 75006

01 53 63 13 40

Pont de l'Archevêché
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Archevêché
Paris, 75004

The Pont de l'Archevêché is a bridge crossing the Seine river in Paris, France.LocationThe bridge links the 4th Arrondissement, at the Île de la Cité, to the 5th Arrondissement, between the quai de Montebello and the quai de la Tournelle.HistoryThe Pont de l'Archevêché is the narrowest road bridge in Paris. It was built in 1828, by the engineer Plouard, for the society Pont des Invalides after the demolition of the suspension bridge at Les Invalides.The bridge is 68m long. It is composed of three arches of stone measuring heights of 15m, 17m, and 15m. The bridge commonly seen in the background of the set on Highlander when the show was set in Paris. After the Pont des Arts was cleared of its display of padlocks in 2010, and similarly the Passerelle Léopold-Sédar-Senghor, lovers started to place their 'love padlocks' on this bridge. The original two bridges for this were footbridges, but this one, a bit narrower, is a road bridge.Characteristics Type of construction : Arch bridge Construction : 1828 Architect : Plouard Material : stone Total Length : 68m Width : 17m Usable width : 11m

Musée Eugène Delacroix
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
6 Rue de Furstenberg
Paris, 75006

01 44 41 86 50

Musée national Eugène Delacroix
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
6, rue de Furstenberg
Paris, 75006

0033 (0)1 44 41 86 50

Le Musée national Eugène-Delacroix est un musée qui a été fondé à la fin des années 1920 par la Société des Amis d’Eugène Delacroix. Il a ouvert pour la première fois en juin 1932, avec une première exposition dédiée au peintre et à ses proches, Delacroix et ses amis.Installé dans le dernier appartement et le dernier atelier du peintre, où il vécut de décembre 1857 à sa mort, le 13 août 1863, le musée a été créé, plus de soixante ans après le décès de Delacroix, par des peintres, des collectionneurs, des conservateurs, réunis en association pour sauver les lieux, menacés de destruction. Présidée par Maurice Denis, dont l’implication pour le musée fut sans failles, la Société des Amis d’Eugène Delacroix rassemblait aussi Henri Matisse, Paul Signac, Édouard Vuillard, George Desvallières, notamment.Le musée Eugène-Delacroix est un musée ainsi conçu en hommage à Eugène Delacroix, peintre, dessinateur, graveur et écrivain. Sa collection propre, singulière, est la seule au monde à présenter la diversité des talents du grand artiste et à souligner l’influence insigne que son œuvre exerça sur la création artistique, jusqu’à maintenant.Histoire du musée Eugène DelacroixEugène Delacroix s’installa 6 rue de Furstenberg, le 28 décembre 1857, abandonnant l’atelier de la rue Notre-Dame-de-Lorette qu’il louait depuis 1844 et qui était trop éloigné de l’église Saint-Sulpice dont il devait, dès 1847, décorer la chapelle. Souffrant depuis plusieurs années, l’artiste souhaitait finir à tout prix son œuvre, mais il n’était plus en mesure de faire chaque jour un long  trajet depuis la rive droite. Aussi fut-il heureux de trouver par l’intermédiaire de son ami, le marchand de couleurs et restaurateur de tableaux Étienne Haro (1827-1897), un logement calme et aéré, entre cour et jardin, situé au premier étage d’un immeuble relativement proche de Saint-Sulpice et faisant partie des anciens communs du palais abbatial de Saint-Germain-des-Prés. Delacroix obtint un bail de quinze ans, avec autorisation pour construire un atelier dans le jardin, à condition d’en soumettre au préalable les plans.

Musée Maillol
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
61 rue de Grenelle
Paris, 75007

01 42 22 59 58

Hôtel de Galliffet
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Grenelle 73
Paris, 75007

L’Hôtel de Galliffet est un hôtel particulier situé à Paris dans le 7e arrondissement, aux 73 rue de Grenelle et 50 rue de Varenne. Il est actuellement le siège de l'Institut culturel italien de Paris et de la délégation italienne auprès de l'OCDE.HistoireL'hôtel a été construit entre 1776 et 1792 par Étienne-François Le Grand et le sculpteur Jean-Baptiste Boiston pour le marquis Simon-Alexandre de Galliffet, président au Parlement de Provence, à l'emplacement de l'hôtel du président Talon, qui datait de 1680.Saisi comme bien d'émigré en 1792, il est affecté en 1794 au ministère des Relations extérieures dont Charles-Maurice de Talleyrand-Périgord sera l'hôte le plus illustre.En 1821, les héritiers du marquis de Galliffet parvinrent à rentrer en possession de l'hôtel qui est divisé en appartements et en partie loué, notamment à l'infant d'Espagne don Francisco de Paule en 1838 et au nonce du Pape en 1850.

Pixi & Cie
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
6, rue de l'Echaudé
Paris, 75006

01 46 33 88 88

Musée Rodin
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
79 Rue de Varenne, 7
Paris, 75007

+33 (0)1.44.18.61.10

Le musée Rodin a été créé en 1916, à l’initiative de Rodin, grâce aux trois donations successives qu’avait consenties l’artiste à l’État de ses œuvres, de ses collections, de sa bibliothèque, de ses lettres et manuscrits. Il est établi sur le site choisi par le sculpteur : l'hôtel Biron et son jardin, un hôtel particulier construit au début du XVIIIe siècle, que Rodin occupait, comme locataire, depuis 1908. Ce dernier a aussi fait don de sa résidence à Meudon, la Villa des Brillants, qui constitue aujourd’hui une annexe du musée. La renommée internationale de l’artiste, auteur de sculptures universellement connues, telles Le Penseur, devenu une icône de l'art occidental, ou encore Le Baiser contribue à la notoriété des lieux.

Carousel du Louvre, Paris
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
99, rue de Rivoli
Paris, 75001

+33 1 43 16 47 10

Une fille amoureuse.
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
[email protected]
Paris, 75015

Animal seacret
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
ทะเล
Paris, 30000

0986325896

Art Gallery Art Primitif
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
41 rue de verneuil
Paris, 75007

Pont des Arts
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, 75006

Restaurant - Musée d'Orsay
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue de la Légion d'Honneur
Paris, 75007

01 45 49 47 03

Le Musée en Herbe
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
23, rue de L'Arbre-Sec
Paris, 75001

01 40 67 97 66

Le Musée en Herbe est un musée initialement créé pour les enfants ! Situé en plein cœur de Paris, nous proposons des visites et ateliers pour tout âge : des plus petits aux adultes, chacun peut découvrir et s'initier à l'art en s'amusant !

Musée d'Orsay
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
1 rue de la Légion d'Honneur
Paris, 75007

+33 (0)1 40 49 48 14

De l'académisme au post-impressionnisme et aux Fauves en passant par l'impressionnisme, les Nabis ou encore le symbolisme, le musée d'Orsay présente peintures, sculptures, photographies, pastels, architecture, arts graphiques et arts décoratifs de la période 1848-1914.

Museé D'orsay
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
1 rue de la Légion d'Honneur
Paris, 75007

01 40 49 48 14

Musée du Louvre
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Rivoli
Paris, 75001

01 40 20 50 50

Louvre Palace
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, 75058

(0)1 40 20 53 17

Le palais du Louvre est un ancien palais royal situé à Paris sur la rive droite de la Seine, entre le jardin des Tuileries et l'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois. S'étendant sur une surface bâtie de plus de, le palais du Louvre est le plus grand palais européen, et le second plus grand bâtiment du continent après le palais du Parlement roumain. Il abrite aujourd'hui le musée du Louvre.La construction du Louvre est indissociable de l'histoire de Paris. Elle s'étend sur plus de, bien que le plan général du palais ait été imaginé dès la Renaissance. Charles V y établit sa résidence, donnant au palais un statut qu'il a conservé jusqu'au règne de Louis XIV.Avec 8,9 millions de visiteurs annuels en 2011, c'est le site culturel le plus visité en France devant la tour Eiffel, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris étant en tête des monuments à l'accès libre avec de visiteurs estimés.Origine du nomLa première forteresse du Louvre, sous Philippe Auguste, a été bâtie sur un lieu-dit nommé en bas-latin Lupara, terme désignant une louverie, lieu abritant les équipages employés à chasser le loup (en latin lupus signifie « loup »). Étymologie pouvant se rapprocher d'ailleurs de celle du village de Louvres dans le Val-d'Oise.

Louver Museum
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Quai d´Orsay 75001 Paris, France
Paris, 75001

+33 1 49 95 65 65

Musée d'art et d'histoire du Judaïsme
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
71, rue du Temple
Paris, 75003

01 53 01 86 53

Hôtel de Saint Aignan 71 rue du Temple 75003 Paris www.mahj.org ouvert du lundi au vendredi de 11 h à 18 h, le dimanche de 10 h à 18 h informations : 01 53 01 86 65 [email protected] Tarifs collection permanente : 8 €/6 € Tarifs exposition : 7 €/4,50 €

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Louvre Musee
Paris, 75001

+33 1 40 20 53 17

The Louvre Pyramid is a large glass and metal pyramid designed by Chinese-American architect I.M. Pei, surrounded by three smaller pyramids, in the main courtyard of the Louvre Palace in Paris. The large pyramid serves as the main entrance to the Louvre Museum. Completed in 1989, it has become a landmark of the city of Paris.Design and constructionCommissioned by the President of France, François Mitterrand, in 1984, it was designed by the architect I. M. Pei. The structure, which was constructed entirely with glass segments and metal poles, reaches a height of 21.6m. Its square base has sides of 34m and a base surface area of 1000m2. It consists of 603 rhombus-shaped and 70 triangular glass segments. The pyramid structure was engineered by Nicolet Chartrand Knoll Ltd. of Montreal (Pyramid structure / Design Consultant) and Rice Francis Ritchie of Paris (Pyramid Structure / Construction Phase).The pyramid and the underground lobby beneath it were created because of a series of problems with the Louvre's original main entrance, which could no longer handle the enormous number of visitors on an everyday basis. Visitors entering through the pyramid descend into the spacious lobby then re-ascend into the main Louvre buildings.

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
The Louvre
Paris, 75001

+33 (0)1 40 20 53 17

La pyramide du Louvre est une pyramide constituée de verre et de métal, située au milieu de la cour Napoléon du musée du Louvre à Paris, où se situe le hall d’accueil.Commandée par le président de la République François Mitterrand en 1983, la pyramide a été conçue par l'architecte sino-américain Ieoh Ming Pei. La structure, qui a été entièrement construite en métal, s'élève à sur une base carrée de de côté et pèse environ. La pyramide est composée de 603 losanges et 70 triangles en verre. Elle a été inaugurée le et ouverte au public le. Elle est la première grande construction à avoir été réalisée en verre feuilleté.Bien que la pyramide ait suscité une grande controverse lors de la présentation de son projet en 1984, elle est devenue au début du la troisième œuvre du Louvre la plus appréciée après La Joconde et la Vénus de Milo.

Landmark Near Louvre Palace

Tour Montparnasse
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Avenue du Maine 33
Paris, France 75015

Tour Maine-Montparnasse, also commonly named Tour Montparnasse, is a 210m office skyscraper located in the Montparnasse area of Paris, France. Constructed from 1969 to 1973, it was the tallest skyscraper in France until 2011, when it was surpassed by the 231m Tour First., it is the 17th tallest building in the European Union. The tower was designed by architects Eugène Beaudouin, Urbain Cassan and Louis Hoym de Marien and built by Campenon Bernard.LocationBuilt on top of the Montparnasse – Bienvenüe Paris Métro station, the 59 floors of the tower are mainly occupied by offices. The 56th floor, with a restaurant called le Ciel de Paris, and the terrace on the top floor, are open to the public for viewing the city. The view covers a radius of 40km; aircraft can be seen taking off from Orly Airport. The guard rail, to which various antennae are attached, can be pneumatically lowered.CriticismThe tower's simple architecture, large proportions and monolithic appearance have been often criticised for being out of place in Paris's urban landscape. As a result, two years after its completion the construction of buildings over seven stories high in the city centre was banned.

Rue Mouffetard
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

Rue Mouffetard is a street in the 5th arrondissement of Paris, France.Situated in the fifth (cinquième) arrondissement of Paris, Rue Mouffetard is one of Paris's oldest and liveliest neighbourhoods. These days the area has many restaurants, shops, and cafés, and a regular open market. It is centered on the Place de la Contrescarpe, at the junction of the rue Mouffetard and the rue de Lacepede. Its southern terminus is at the Square Saint-Médard where there is a permanent open-air market. At its northern terminus, it becomes the rue Descartes at the crossing of the rue Thouin. It is closed to normal motor traffic much of the week, and is predominantly a pedestrian avenue.Origin of the nameThe rue Mouffetard runs along a flank of the mont Sainte-Geneviève hill that was called "mont Cétarius" or "mont Cetardus" from Roman times; many historians consider "Mouffetard" to be a derivation of this early name. Over the centuries the rue Mouffetard has appeared as rue Montfétard, Maufetard, Mofetard, Moufetard, Mouflard, Moufetard, Moftard, Mostard, and also rue Saint-Marcel, rue du Faubourg Saint-Marceau ("street of the suburb Saint-Marceau") and rue de la Vieille Ville Saint-Marcel ("street of the Old Village Saint-Marcel").HistoryThe origins of this thoroughfare are ancient, dating back to Neolithic times. As with today's rue Galande, rue Lagrange, rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève and rue Descartes, it was a Roman road running from the Roman Rive Gauche city south to Italy.

Théâtre Mouffetard
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
73 rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

01 43 31 11 99

Le Théâtre Mouffetard, situé au 73 rue Mouffetard dans le 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, était un théâtre municipal subventionné par la Ville de Paris. Depuis novembre 2013, il héberge le théâtre de la marionnette à Paris, devenant ainsi la première salle à être consacrée exclusivement à cette discipline, dans la capitale française. Il se nomme désormais Le Mouffetard - Théâtre des arts de la marionnette.Dirigé par Isabelle Bertola, le Mouffetard-Théâtre des arts de la marionnette a pour enjeu de défendre et promouvoir 'les formes contemporaines de théâtre de marionnettes auprès du plus large public possible. Il pense et porte ce théâtre comme un art exigeant, tout à la fois singulier et éclectique du point de vue des techniques : ombres, objets, images, marionnettes à gaine, à fil, anthropomorphes ou formes abstraites, symboliques... Il soutient également l’idée que cette discipline concerne tant les adultes que les plus jeunes.'De la Maison pour tous au Théâtre Mouffetard 1906-1919 : naissance de l'"Université populaire" au 76 rue Mouffetard (emplacement de l'actuelle bibliothèque Mouffetard). 1919 : naissance de la "Maison pour Tous" (même endroit). Lieu de quartier, son champ d'action est l'éducation populaire et culturelle. 1930 : la "Maison pour Tous" est reconnue d'utilité publique. 1950-1978 : la salle polyvalente Mouffetard prend le nom de « Théâtre Mouffetard »" sous la direction de Georges Bilbille. 1980 : ouverture du « Nouveau Théâtre Mouffetard » au 73 rue Mouffetard (emplacement actuel du théâtre). Il est inauguré en 1984. 1983-1992 : direction Anny Murvil 1992-1997 : direction Jean-José Grammond 1997-2003 : direction Armand Blondeau 2003-2012 : avec l'arrivée de Pierre Santini à sa direction, le « Nouveau Théâtre Mouffetard » redevient le « Théâtre Mouffetard ». Novembre 2013 : en partie remis à neuf, il accueille le Théâtre de la marionnette à Paris et devient Le Mouffetard - Théâtre des arts de la marionnettes.

Rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs
Paris, France 75006

Die Rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs ist eine 1.010 Meter lange und 11,70 Meter breite Straße im 6. Arrondissement von Paris. Sie beginnt bei Nummer 125 der Rue de Rennes und endet bei Nummer 18 der Avenue de l’Observatoire.GeschichteDie Straße wurde ursprünglich als Weg zur Kapelle Notre-Dame des Champs angelegt und bezieht hieraus ihren heutigen Namen. Der Weg existierte nachweislich bereits im 14. Jahrhundert und war ursprünglich unter der Bezeichnung Chemin Herbu bekannt. Später firmierte die Straße als Rue du Barc, Chemin de Coupe Gorge (1670), Rue Neuve Notre-Dame des Champs und während der Revolution als Rue de la Montagne des Champs.VerkehrsanbindungIn unmittelbarer Nähe ihres Anfangs befindet sich die Station Saint-Placide, die von der Linie 4 der Pariser Métro bedient wird. Gut 200 Meter nach dem Beginn der Straße befindet sich an der Kreuzung zum Boulevard Raspail die zur Linie 12 der Pariser Métro gehörende Station Notre-Dame-des-Champs und in unmittelbarer Nähe ihres Endes die zur Linie B des Pariser Schnellbahnnetzes RER gehörende Station Port Royal.

Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
252 rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, France 75005

The Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas is a church in Paris, France in the 5th Arrondissement at the corner of Rue Saint-Jacques and the Rue de l'Abbé de l'Épée. The church has been registered as a historical monument since 4 June 1957.OriginsThe land on which the church is built was obtained oround 1180 by Hospitaller brothers originating from Altopascio, near Lucca, Italy. In 1360 the brothers built a simple chapel. Despite the suppression of their order by Pope Pius II in 1459, some brothers decided to remain. At that time the land around them was fields and meadows with a few low peasant houses and some religious institutions.In 1572 Catherine de' Medici decided to use the site as home for a group of Benedictine monks who had been expelled from their abbey of Saint-Magloire. The relics of St. Magloire of Dol and his disciples had been transported to Paris by Hugh Capet in 923, when the Normans attacked Brittany. The relics were transferred to the hospital, which became a monastery. In 1620, the seminary of the Oratorians under Pierre de Bérulle, the first seminar in France, replaced the Benedictines. It was known as the seminary of Saint-Magloire. Jean de La Fontaine stayed there as a novice.Initial constructionThe surrounding population increased and the faithful became accustomed to pray in the chapel of the Benedictines. The monks found themselves inconvenienced and demanded the departure of the lay people. In 1582 the bishop then gave permission for construction of a church adjoining the monastery of Saint-Magloire. A small church was built in 1584, serving the parishes of Saint-Hippolyte, Saint-Benoît and Saint-Médard. In this church the choir was oriented eastward, backing onto the rue Saint-Jacques. The church was entered through the monastery cemetery. A cemetery was opened in 1584 beside the original chapel, along today's rue de l’Abbé-de-l’Épée. It was closed in 1790. The original gallery organ was made by Vincent Coupeau, an organist of the parish, and was installed in 1628.

Chimie ParisTech
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
11 rue Pierre et Marie Curie
Paris, France 75005

01 44 27 67 12

Chimie ParisTech is an elite chemical science and engineering college founded in 1896, located in the 5th arrondissement of Paris. It is one of the founding members of ParisTech, and Paris Sciences et Lettres – Quartier latin. The students enter the school after highly competitive exams known as the Concours Communs Polytechniques, following at least two years of classes préparatoires. The school is known as France's most selective chemical engineering collegeThe school is a research center hosting nine laboratories which conduct high level research in various fields of chemistry.HistoryThe École nationale supérieure de chimie de Paris was founded in 1896 by Charles Friedel, a chemist and mineralogist who headed the school until 1899. At the time, the school was called the Laboratoire de chimie pratique et industrielle. It was located in the 6th arrondissement (rue Michelet), where it stayed until 1923.After the death of Friedel, Henri Moissan took the reins of the school. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for chemistry in 1906, while he was director. Moissan made student admission subject to competitive exams and renamed the school Institut de chimie appliquée (Institute of Applied Chemistry).

Institut océanographique de Paris
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
195 Rue Saint Jacques
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 44 32 10 80

L’Institut océanographique de Paris, rebaptisé Maison des océans et de la biodiversité en 2011, est une institution fondée en 1906 par Albert , prince de Monaco, qui comprend également le Musée océanographique de Monaco.HistoireLe siège de l’Institut océanographique à Paris fut officiellement inauguré le, par le prince Albert et par le président de la république française, Armand Fallières. Le bâtiment de l’Institut est inscrit aux monuments historiques depuis un arrêté du.Il se situe dans le arrondissement de Paris, aux abords du Quartier latin, au croisement des rues Saint-Jacques et rue Gay-Lussac, dans le « Campus Curie » qui regroupe d’autres institutions scientifiques, ancien domaine du couvent des Dames de Saint Michel, acquis par l’université de Paris avec le concours de l’État, de la ville de Paris et de SAS le prince Albert de Monaco, à qui l’université en l’inscrivant en tant que membre bienfaiteur lui céda un terrain de pour y bâtir le siège de la Fondation « Institut océanographique ».Pionnier de l’océanographie, Albert, veut, selon ses propres termes, en être le « propagateur ». Au retour de chacune de ses campagnes, le Prince Albert en présente les principaux résultats aux auditoires les plus qualifiés : Académie des sciences de Paris, dont il est élu membre, Société de biologie, Société zoologique de France, sociétés de géographie qui connaissent alors leur âge d’or dans toute l’Europe… et les universités populaires l’accueillent à plusieurs reprises.

Arènes de Lutèce
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
49 Rue Monge 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

The Arènes de Lutèce are among the most important remains from the Gallo-Roman era in Paris (known in antiquity as Lutetia, or Lutèce in French), together with the Thermes de Cluny. Lying in what is now the Quartier Latin, this amphitheater could once seat 15,000 people, and was used to present gladiatorial combats.Constructed in the 1st century AD, this amphitheater is considered the longest of its kind constructed by the Romans. The sunken arena of the amphitheater was surrounded by the wall of a podium 2.5 m (8.2 feet) high, surmounted by a parapet. The presence of a 41.2-m- (135-foot-) long stage allowed scenes to alternate between theatrical productions and combat. A series of nine niches aided in improving the acoustics. Five cubbyholes were situated beneath the lower terraces, of which there appear to have been animal cages that opened directly into the arena. Historians believe that the terraces, which surrounded more than half of the arena's circumference, could accommodate as many as 17,000 spectators.Slaves, the poor, and women were relegated to the higher tiers — while the lower seating areas were reserved for Roman male citizens. For comfort, a linen awning sheltered spectators from the hot sun. Circus acts showcased wild animals. From its vantage point, the amphitheater also afforded a spectacular view of the Bièvre and Seine rivers.When Lutèce was sacked during the barbarian invasions of 280 A.D., some of the structure's stone work was carted off to reinforce the city's defences around the Île de la Cité. Subsequently, the amphitheater became a cemetery, and then it was filled in completely following the construction of wall of Philippe Auguste (ca. 1210).

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of Saint Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.HistoryThe church of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont originated in the abbey of Sainte-Genevieve, where the eponymous saint had been buried in the 6th century. Devoted to the Virgin Mary, then to St. John the Apostle, the place was too small to accommodate all the faithful. In 1222, Pope Honorius III authorized the establishment of an autonomous church, which was devoted this time to St Etienne, then the patron saint of the old cathedral of Paris.

Rue Saint-Jacques, Paris
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, France 75005

0601020304

The Rue Saint-Jacques is a street in the Latin Quarter of Paris which lies along the cardo of Roman Lutetia. The Boulevard Saint-Michel, driven through this old quarter of Paris by Baron Haussmann, relegated the roughly parallel rue Saint-Jacques to a backstreet, but it was a main axial road of medieval Paris, as the buildings that still front it attest. It was the starting point for pilgrims leaving Paris to make their way along the chemin de St-Jacques that led eventually to Santiago de Compostela. The Paris base of the Dominican Order was established in 1218 under the leadership of Pierre Seila in the Chapelle Saint-Jacques, close to the Porte Saint-Jacques, on this street; this is why the Dominicans were called Jacobins in Paris. Johann Heynlin and Guillaume Fichet established the first printing press in France, briefly at the Sorbonne and then on this street, in the 1470s. The second printers in Paris were Peter Kayser and Johann Stohl at the sign of the Soleil d'Or in the Rue Saint-Jacques, from 1473. The proximity of the Sorbonne led many later booksellers and printers to set up shop here also.

THE GAME - Escape if you can
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
51 Rue du Cardinal Lemoine
Paris, France 75005

01 43 29 26 21

Des décors saisissants, des énigmes, des passages secrets et une mission à réaliser en équipe en moins d'une heure ! Enfin, si vous êtes à la hauteur !

Colorova
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
47 rue de l'Abbé-Grégoire
Paris, France 75006

0145446756

En quête de sensations visuelles et culinaires ? Colorova Néo- Salon de thé, pâtisserie, restaurant, lieu multi-couleur, multi-culturel, vous propose du mardi au vendredi ses formules incontournables: Petit déjeuner 9h-11h30 Déjeuner 12h15 jusqu'à 16h Tea time jusqu'à 18h Les Samedi et Dimanche : Brunch (réservation préférable) 11h jusqu'à 17h00 Tous les jours : Nos boissons chaudes (café MALANGO, sélection de Thés THEODOR Bio, chocolat maison..) et Fraîches (Thé glacé Maison, Jus frais, Citronnade, Limonade, lattés et frappés..) Notre signature : Les pâtisseries fines à consommer sur place ou à emporter La nouveauté : La formule à emporter Meatball Sandwich (A partir de septembre) Aux manettes du laboratoire de la rue de l’Abbé Grégoire le créatif Guillaume Gil, ancien pâtissier au Plaza Athénée sous la houlette de Christophe Michalak et à la Maison Blanche des frères Pourcel et son associée Charlotte Siles au service. Tous deux formés dans la prestigieuse école hôtelière Ferrandi, leur passion commune est de satisfaire vos papilles avec des produits frais, de qualité supérieure et de vous offrir un agréable moment dans leur univers atypique et chaleureux. Une invitation au voyage sensoriel..

Law school
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
12 place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

+33144783310

A law school is an institution specializing in legal education, usually involved as part of a process for becoming a lawyer within a given jurisdiction.

Rue de Fleurus
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
27 Rue De Fleurus
Paris, France 75006

La rue de Fleurus est une voie située dans les quartiers Notre-Dame-des-Champs et de l'Odéon dans le arrondissement de Paris. La rue débouche sur le jardin du Luxembourg.HistoireLa rue figure sur un projet dressé par Chalgrin en 1779, avec les rues Madame et Jean-Bart. Le lotissement du quartier était donc déjà prévu sous l'Ancien Régime. Une impasse existait dès cette époque, s'étendant sur 104 mètres et se nommant cul-de-sac Notre-Dame-des-Champs. En 1790, elle est prolongée sur des terrains du jardin du Luxembourg, alors propriété de « Monsieur », futur Louis XVIII, sur le tracé de ce qui était jusqu'alors l'allée centrale du jardin. En 1795, à la suite d'une pétition lancée auprès de la population locale par le conseil municipal de l'arrondissement, elle prend le nom de Fleurus en souvenir de la victoire remportée contre les troupes autrichiennes le 26 juin 1794 à la bataille de Fleurus par le général Jourdan. C'est à partir de 1797 que des immeubles y sont bâtis.

Musée Hébert
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
85 rue du Cherche-Midi
Paris, France

The Musée Hébert is a museum located in the Hôtel de Montmorency-Bours at 85, rue du Cherche-Midi, in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, France. It has been closed since 2004 for renovations.The museum is housed within the Petit-Montmorency, constructed in 1743 by the Comte de Montmorency, and former home of academic painter Ernest Hébert (1817–1908). After his adopted son's death in 1974, the building became state property and opened as a museum in 1984. Since 2004, the museum Hébert has been affiliated with the Musée d’Orsay, and indefinitely closed for renovations.The museum contains collections of Hébert's work, furniture, decorative items, souvenirs, and photographs, set within rooms almost unchanged since the 18th century. His paintings include portraits of literary critic Jules Lemaître, and two noted grandes horizontales, La Païva and Madame de Loynes.

Medici Fountain
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Luxembourg
Paris, France 75006

The Medici Fountain is a monumental fountain in the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 6th arrondissement in Paris. It was built in about 1630 by Marie de' Medici, the widow of King Henry IV of France and regent of King Louis XIII of France. It was moved to its present location and extensively rebuilt in 1864-66.The Italian Influence in Paris in the 17th centuryThe period between the regency of Catherine de' Medici in France (1559–1589) and that of Marie de' Medici (1610–1642) saw a great flourishing of the Italian mannerist style in France, A community of artists from Florence, including the sculptor Francesco Bordoni, who helped design the statue of King Henry IV of France built on the Pont Neuf, and fountain technician Thomas Francini, who had worked on fountains in the new gardens of the Medici villas in Florence and Rome, found eager royal patrons in France. Soon features of the Italian Renaissance garden, such as elaborate fountains and the grotto, a simulated cave decorated with sculpture, appeared in the first Gardens of the French Renaissance at Fontainebleau and other royal residences.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

The Luxembourg Palace is located at 15 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It was originally built (1615–1645) to the designs of the French architect Salomon de Brosse to be the royal residence of the regent Marie de Médicis, mother of Louis XIII of France. After the Revolution it was refashioned (1799–1805) by Jean Chalgrin into a legislative building and subsequently greatly enlarged and remodeled (1835–1856) by Alphonse de Gisors. Since 1958 it has been the seat of the French Senate of the Fifth Republic.Immediately west of the palace on the rue de Vaugirard is the Petit Luxembourg, now the residence of the Senate President; and slightly further west, the Musée du Luxembourg, in the former orangery. On the south side of the palace, the formal Luxembourg Garden presents a 25-hectare green parterre of gravel and lawn populated with statues and large basins of water where children sail model boats.Early historyAfter the death of Henry IV in 1610, his widow, Marie de Médicis, became regent to her son, Louis XIII. Having acceded to a much more powerful position, she decided to erect a new palace for herself, adjacent to an old hôtel particulier owned by François de Luxembourg, Duc de Piney, which is now called the Petit Luxembourg and is the residence of the president of the French Senate.

École Nationale des Chartes
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
65 rue de Richelieu
Paris, France 75005

01 55 42 75 00

The École nationale des chartes is a French grande école which specializes in historical sciences. It was founded in 1821 and was located first at the National Archives, then at the Palais de la Sorbonne (5th arrondissement). In October 2014, it moved to 65 rue de Richelieu (University of Paris II), opposite to the Richelieu-Louvois Site of the National Library of France. The school is administered by the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research. It holds the status of grand établissement. Its students, who are recruited by competitive examination and hold the status of trainee civil servant2, receive the qualification of archivist-paleographer after completing a thesis. They generally go on to follow a career as heritage curators in the archive and visual fields, as library curators or as lecturers and researchers in the human and social sciences. In 2005, the school also introduced Master’s degrees, for which students were recruited based on an application file, and, in 2011, doctorates.

Musée des Collections Historiques de la Préfecture de Police
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
4 Rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

01 44 41 52 50

The Musée des Collections Historiques de la Préfecture de Police, also known as the Musée de la Préfecture de Police, is a museum of police history in the 5th arrondissement of Paris, France. It is located in the Hôtel de police at 4, rue de la Montagne-Sainte-Geneviève. The museum is open daily except Sunday; admission is free.The museum was originally started by prefect Louis Lépine (1846-1933) for the Exposition Universelle (1900), and has gradually grown through subsequent years. It now contains evidence, photographs, letters, memorabilia, and drawings that reflect major events in the history of France (including conspiracies and arrests), famous criminal cases and characters, prisons, and daily life in the capital such as traffic and hygiene. Exhibits include a guillotine, uniforms, the pistol used in the assassination of Paul Doumer, and relics of the World War II occupation including German machine guns and insignias worn by Jews.

École spéciale des travaux publics
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
28 avenue du Président Wilson, Cachan
Paris, France 75005

01 44 41 11 18

L'École spéciale des travaux publics, du bâtiment et de l'industrie est l'une des plus prestigieuses écoles d'ingenieurs en France, et l'une des plus réputées dans le domaine du génie civil. Elle fait partie des 210 écoles d'ingénieurs françaises capables de délivrer un diplôme d'ingénieur.La durée de la scolarité ingénieur est de trois ans après le cursus de classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles ou par admission sur titre. Elle a été fondée en 1891 à Paris dans le arrondissement, entre la rue Thénard et le boulevard Saint-Germain, au cœur du Quartier latin.Le campus de Cachan, érigé en 1905 pour accueillir les laboratoires, est désormais le seul site de l'école depuis la rentrée 2011 à accueillir les élèves en formation d'ingénieur et de techniciens spécialisés « conducteurs de travaux. »L'ESTP Paris forme également des techniciens supérieurs dans le domaine des travaux publics et du bâtiment. L'école, membre du G16+ ainsi que du Pôle Universitaire Paris-Est, est rattachée depuis 1999 à Arts et Métiers Paristech.Fondation de l'écoleNé à Tulle dans un milieu modeste, Léon Eyrolles est reçu en 1882 conducteur des ponts et chaussées. Tout en exerçant ses fonctions dans l’administration, il aide quelques collègues à préparer le concours de conducteur des Ponts et chaussées. L’École des ponts et chaussées est pratiquement le seul établissement d’enseignement supérieur dans le domaine des travaux publics alors que l’époque est aux grands travaux sollicités par la révolution technique (avènement de l'électricité, du téléphone, naissance de l’architecture métallique, du béton armé etc.)