Igreja Assembleia de Deus em Londres - Ministério Alpha, um lugar de glória, onde todos os que desejam ter uma vida abundante no Senhor, encontram um lugar aprazível e onde Deus certamente opera de forma maravilhosa. Vem e vê, para alcançar o que há de melhor em Deus por meio da Sua palavra.
For many generations we have known the privilege of being positioned in the very heart of London, one of the most exciting cities in the world. We have sought to teach, train and equip believers in the understanding and working out of their faith so that they can positively impact and change their world.
Our vision is to build a loving community of Gospel-centred people, full of love for God, for one another, and for the many new people who come here every week.
We love people of all ages and backgrounds, and welcome children, young people, students, young professionals, families, the elderly and everything in between! There is something for everyone at Westminster Chapel, and we'd love for you to check out our church and see for yourself!
Central Hall Westminster Storey's Gate London, Westminster, LondonDistance: 0.1 miTourist Information 1 Storey's Gate, Westminster. SW1H 9NH London London, SW1H 9NH
The Guild Church of St Dunstan-in-the-West is in Fleet Street in the City of London. It is dedicated to a former Bishop of London and Archbishop of Canterbury. The church is of medieval origin, although the present building, with an octagonal nave, was constructed in the 1830s to the designs of John Shaw.HistoryMedieval churchFirst founded between AD 988 and 1070, there is a possibility that a church on this site was one of the Lundenwic strand settlement churches, like St Martin in the Fields, the first St Mary le Strand, St Clement Danes and St Brides, which may pre-date any within the walls of the city. It is not known exactly when the original church was built, but it was possibly erected by Saint Dunstan himself, or priests who knew him well. It was first mentioned in written records in 1185. King Henry III gained possession of it and its endowments from Westminster Abbey by 1237 and then granted these and the advowson to the "House of Converts" i.e. of the converted Jews, which led to its neglect of its parochial responsibilities. The House of Converts was eventually transformed into the Court of the Master of the Rolls.William Tyndale, the celebrated translator of the Bible, was a lecturer at the church and sermons were given by the poet John Donne. Samuel Pepys mentions the church in his diary. The church narrowly escaped the Great Fire of London in 1666. The Dean of Westminster roused 40 scholars from Westminster School in the middle of the night, who formed a fire brigade which extinguished the flames with buckets of water to only three doors away.
We specialize in Engraving Glass, Brass, Aluminium, Stainless Steel, Acrylic and many more materials. We supply and engrave Trophies, Awards, Cups, Gifts, Medals and Signs. Established in 1962 by Michael Hapeshis in Vauxhall London, he became a trusted and highly respected shoe repairer, establishing a service based on high quality workmanship using always top quality materials. Today with 2nd & 3rd generation family members (Christopher & Andreas Hapeshis) continuing the business we have established an international reputation, we have customers in Europe, Tokyo, New Zealand and the USA. Among our customers we have Screen and stage actors, radio presenters, journalists and authors. We have also been photographed by Getty images and our shop has been used for TV sketches and TV advertisements.
Archbishop Tenison's C of E School, commonly known as Tenison's, is a Church of England mixed secondary School located in the London Borough of Lambeth.AdmissionsTenison's is now an 11–18 voluntary aided, boys and girls in September 2015 comprehensive school, part of the educational provision of the Anglican Diocese of Southwark and the London Borough of Lambeth. Girls are admitted to the sixth form. Tenison's became a specialist arts college in 2003. The school caters for around 530 pupils, of whom 80 are in the sixth form. The school is located directly opposite The Oval cricket ground, home of Surrey County Cricket Club.HistoryThomas Tenison, an educational evangelist and later Archbishop of Canterbury, founded several schools in the late 17th and early 18th centuries. A boys' school now at the Oval was founded in 1685 in the crypt of St Martin's in the Fields and relocated by 1895 in Leicester Square on the site previously occupied by the Sabloniere Hotel. The school moved to The Oval in 1928, with the new building being opened by the then Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII). A girls' school was formally established in 1706 for 12 girls and in 1863 a new school building was erected at 18 Lambeth High Street. The girls school closed in 1961, when it amalgamated with Archbishop Temple's Boys School to form a mixed VA school. The building was used by Temple's as a first-year annex from 1968 to 1974, when Archbishop Temple's School closed. Archbishop Tenison founded another school in nearby Croydon in 1714.