2 Via Don Bassi Verona, Veneto Verona, Italy 37121
Sant'Anastasia is a church of the Dominican Order in Verona, northern Italy. In Gothic style, it is located in the most ancient part of the city, near the Ponte Pietra.HistoryThe current church was started in 1280 and completed in 1400, designed by the Dominican friars Fra' Benvenuto da Imola and Fra' Nicola da Imola. It took its name from a pre-existing temple built by King Theoderic the Great upon which was built the actual church. Since 1307, it is in fact co-entitled to St. Peter of Verona, martyr and co-patron of the city.Consecrated only in 1471, until 1808 the church was held by the Dominicans.The 72 m tall belltower had four bells in 1460, the fifth was added in 1650. In the 1839 were casted the actual 9 bells tuned in C, them are ringed in Veronese bellringing art by a local team founded in 1776.The church is similar in structure to the Basilica of San Zanipolo in Venice.
San Fermo Maggiore is a church built in Romanesque style in central Verona.HistoryA church at this site may has been traced to the 8th century, and by the 11th century a second story and belltower was added by the Benedictine order. The campanile was not completed until the 13th century, it contains six bells in F cast in 1755 and rung with the Veronese bellringing art. The exterior has a roofline with pinnacles, and the church once held the tomb of a member of the Scaligers. The interior has later decoration, including an altarpiece of St Francis of Assisi by Giovanni Battista Belloti. The presbytery hosts relics of the saints Fermo and Rustico.
Verona Cathedral is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Verona, northern Italy, dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary under the designation Santa Maria Matricolare. It is the episcopal seat of the Diocese of Verona.It was erected after two Palaeo-Christian churches on the same site had been destroyed by an earthquake in 1117. Built in Romanesque style, the cathedral was consecrated on September 13, 1187. The structure was later modified by several renovation interventions, although the plan has remained unchanged.ExteriorThe façade is divided into three parts, with a pediment and a two storied projecting porch or protiro embellished with sculpture, which is the work of the twelfth-century sculptor Nicholaus, who also executed and signed the entranceway at the abbey church of San Zeno, also in Verona, and Ferrara Cathedral. The portico is supported on the backs of two griffins, similar to those from the dismantled Porta dei Mesi at Ferrara. The lunette depicts the Virgin holding the Christ child in high relief, centered between two low relief scenes, the Annunciation to the Shepherds (left) and the Adoration of the Magi (right). On the lintel in medallions are the three theological virtues, Faith, Charity and Hope. Ten figures of prophets are set in the doorposts and jambs; the four symbols of the Evangelists and the Hand of God are set above in the barrel vault of the first story of the porch. Set into the walls on either side of the portal are figures of Roland and Oliver, who as holy warriors, remind one of the constant need to provide protection to the church.
San Giorgio in Braida, VeronaDistance: 0.3 miTourist Information Porta San Giorgio, 6 Verona, 37126
San Giorgio in Braida is a Roman Catholic church in Verona, region of Veneto, Italy. A church titled San Giacomo in Braida, was located in Cremona, and became superseded by Sant'Agostino.HistoryIn 1046, the deacon of the Verona Cathedral, later bishop, Cadalo commissioned the construction of a Benedictine monastery outside the city walls, in a suburb called Braida. By 1051, the monastery was generally complete, and the Holy Roman Emperor Henry III placed it under his protection. By 1121, the monastery had a church. However by 1127, the then bishop Bernardo expelled the monks for "keeping an abbey in a situation of spiritual, temporal, and material degradation". By 1132, the bishop with the blessing of Pope Innocent II assigned the monastery to the Canons Regular, an Augustinian order. In 1441, Pope Eugene IV favored the transfer of the monastery to the Venetian Augustinian order of Canons Regular of San Giorgio in Alga, reflecting in part the ascendancy of the rebublic in Verona since their fusion with Venice in 1405. In 1668, these canons were abolished by Pope Clement IX. The monastery was sold at auction, but was acquired by the Nuns of Santa Maria di Reggio, who administered the church until their suppression in 1806. The church became an oratory subsidiary to Santo Stefano, and only acquired the parish dignity in 1874.
Il Santuario Madonna di Lourdes, ubicato a Verona, è aperto tutto l'anno ed è ufficiato dai Padri Stimmatini, fondati da San Giuseppe Bertoni. La Messa Vespertina è sempre preceduta dalla recita del S. Rosario. La festa titolare e principale del Santuario Madonna di Lourdes è l'11 febbraio, anniversario della prima apparizione della Madonna di Lourdes. Con particolare solennità e grande affluenza di fedeli, oltre il Natale e la Pasqua, presso il Santuario Madonna di Lourdes, vengono celebrate anche le feste Mariane dell'Assunzione e dell'Immacolata. Il Santuario Madonna di Lourdes è immerso nel verde e con vista panoramica su tutta Verona, nei suoi pressi c'è un bar, con ricordi e servizio telefonico.
Chiesa cattolica - servizi parrocchiali
SANTUARIO MADONNA DI LOURDES CHIESA CATTOLICA - SERVIZI PARROCCHIALI
Verona Porta Nuova railway station Distance: 1.4 miTourist Information Piazzale XXV Aprile, Verona Verona, Italy 37138
Verona Porta Nuova is the main railway station of City of Verona. It is situated at Piazzale XXV Aprile ("25 April") and south of the city centre and River Adige (Etsch). The station is a 25-minute walk or 10-minute bus ride from the city centre and Arena di Verona. In 1852, the Austrian Empire's Südbahn opened Verona Porta Nuova, which has substantially been rebuilt between 1910 and 1922. Following the destruction by allied bombings during the Second World War, the present building was reconstructed between 1946 and 1949.Verona Porta Nuova station provides major connections to Italian and European destinations: it is a cross junction of two mainlines running from east to west and from north to south. The east-west Milan-Venice Railway intersects with the north-south Brenner Railway west of the station. The Brenner Railway continues southward to Bologna, Florence and Rome. The station handles 25 million passengers annually. After initial construction of the Milan-Verona-Venice high-speed railway, the section between Milan and Brescia was completed in June 2016.HistoryWelschbern under AustriaThe first train to arrive at Verona Porta Nuova station in 1852 was driven by the locomotive Verona on the newly-built railway from Venice which crossed River Adige (Etsch). In 1853, it became possible to operate trains from Verona to Mantua on a single-track line. In the same year, the Austrian Empire began construction of the Brenner Railway over the Brenner Pass at 1,371 m, connecting County of Tyrol and Kingdom of Lombardy-Venetia. The Brenner Railway was among Austria's first trans-alpine heavy railway along with the now defunct Franzensfeste-Marburg Railway (Fortezza in Italy and Maribor in Slovenia).
Stazione Porta Nuova Distance: 1.4 miTourist Information Piazzale XXV Aprile, 6 Verona, Italy 37138
Da noi trovi fumetti, Marvel, DC Comics, Manga, miniature Games Workshop, Warhammer 40.000, Warhammer Fantasy, carte di Magic, carte di Yu-Gi-Oh!, accessori per i giochi di carte, giochi di ruolo, gadgets, puzzle, giochi da tavolo, tanta passione e tanta allegria, il corso di pittura e un'ampia area gioco!
Questura Di Verona Distance: 0.9 miTourist Information Lungadige Antonio Galtarossa, 11 Verona, Italy 37133
Vivi L'Emozione vi guiderà passo a passo nell'organizzazione del vostro Matrimonio Perfetto.
La nostra professionalità ed esperienza vi assisteranno inoltre nell'organizzazione di qualsiasi altrotipo di Evento.