EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Olympia (Paris), Paris | Tourist Information


28 boulevard des Capucines
Paris, France 75009

08.92.68.33.68

L’Olympia est une salle de spectacle située 28, boulevard des Capucines, dans le 9e arrondissement de Paris de Paris. C'est le plus ancien music-hall de Paris encore en activité. Elle est propriété du groupe Vivendi depuis 2001.HistoireLes débutsEn 1888, Joseph Oller - le fondateur du Pari Mutuel et du Moulin Rouge - pose ses montagnes russes dans la cour d'un bâtiment donnant sur le 28, boulevard des Capucines. Le préfet de police Henri Lozé, craignant l'incendie des montagnes russes bâties en bois, demande la fermeture de l'attraction. Oller procède donc à la démolition des montagnes russes et fait édifier une salle de spectacle de 2000 places : l'Olympia.L'inauguration a lieu le 12 avril 1893, avec comme toutes premières vedettes La Goulue (danseuse de cancan), Loïe Fuller (danseuse américaine) et Fregoli (transformiste).Les frères Isola dirigent l'établissement de 1898 à 1911. Les attractions foraines (acrobates, contorsionnistes, etc) occupent la scène. De 1911 à 1914, Jacques Charles y monte des revues de music-hall, Mistinguett et Yvonne Printemps s'y produisent. En 1916 Raphaël Beretta et Léon Volterra en prennent la direction. Pendant la Première Guerre mondiale la salle ferme ses portes.

Arts and Entertainment Near Olympia (Paris)

Exposition" L'Epée. Usages, mythes et symboles" au Musée de Cluny
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Musée de Cluny, 6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, 75005

+33 (0)1 53 73 78 00

L'épée est sans doute l'un des objets les plus représentatifs du Moyen Âge. Elle est à la fois arme de guerre, signe de pouvoir et de justice, objet d'apparat. Aucune autre production de cette époque n'a suscité autant d'intérêt et de fascination. « L'épée. Usages, mythes et symboles » est la première manifestation consacrée à ce thème. Elle réunit 120 oeuvres : un ensemble d'épées couvrant toute la période du Ve au XVe siècle, dont certaines sont mythiques comme celle de Jeanne d'Arc, ainsi que des manuscrits, peintures, objets d'orfèvrerie et ivoires. Exposition organisée en collaboration avec la Réunion des musées nationaux.

Espace Commerce Culturel
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
4, rue des anglais
Paris, 75005

01 43 26 73 24

Centre de Relations Culturelles Franco-Indien (CRCFI)
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
50 rue vaneau
Paris, 75007

0145480464

Au Vieux Colombier
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
65 Rue de Rennes
Paris, 75006

+33 1 45 44 27 49

Espace fondation EDF
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
6, RUE RECAMIER
Paris, 75007

33 1 53 63 23 45

Cire Trvdon
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
78, rue de Seine
Paris, 75006

Comédie Française - Vieux Colombier
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
21 Rue du Vieux Colombier
Paris, 75006

Club Les 4 Vents
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
18 rue des Quatres Vents
Paris, 75006

09 67 14 05 05

Rue Princesse - Rue des Canettes.
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Rue des Canettes
Paris, 75006

Pour tout les habitués de la "rue de la soif". Rue Princesse Rue des Canettes Rue Guisarde

Starbucks Coffee Odéon
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
91, Boulevard Saint Germain
Paris, 75006

01 46 34 52 68

Cave Saint Germain
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
17 rue des canettes
Paris, 75006

L'Avant-Comptoir Odéon
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
9 Carrefour de l'Odeon 75006 Paris
Paris, 75006

08 26 10 10 87

Bar de La Croix Rouge
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
2 Carrefour de la Croix Rouge
Paris, 75006

01 45 48 06 45

Au 3 Mailletz
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
56 rue galante
Paris,

Maison des Pratiques Artistiques Amateurs
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
4 rue Félibien
Paris, 75006

01 46 34 68 58

La MPAA établissement culturel de la Ville de Paris, loue des salles de répétitions à partir de 2€/heure, organise plus d'une cinquantaine d'ateliers artistiques et 150 spectacles par an et propose un pôle ressources pour tous les amateurs. 3 sites: la MPAA/Saint-Germain (Spectacles,75006): la MPAA/Saint-Blaise (répétitions et ateliers théâtre, 75020), la MPAA/Broussais (répétitions, ateliers, spectacles 75014). 2 sites en chantier pour 2015: MPAA/Les Halles (75001) et MPAA/Breguet 75011).

Centre Culturel Italien Paris
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
4 rue des Prêtres Saint Séverin
Paris, 75005

01 46 34 27 00

au Centre culturel italien vous pouvez : apprendre l'italien que vous soyez de niveau débutant ou confirmé rejoindre nos cours collectifs, nos stages intensifs et séjours linguistiques en Italie développer vos connaissances culturelles grâce à nos séminaires, conférences et rencontres en italien participer à nos voyages culturels en Italie aller à l'Opéra, au théâtre, à des concerts grâce aux invitations chanter avec la chorale Sono solo canzonette, la chorale polyphonique A.Scarlatti et la chorale Centro di gravità utiliser nos services de traduction et interprétariat emprunter gratuitement des DVD et les livres de la bibliothèque... ... un air d'Italie à Paris...

Page Test
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
8 av de Villars
Paris, 75007

0668203378

Odéon
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Odéon, Paris.
Paris, 75006

Odéon is a station on lines 4 and 10 of the Paris Métro in the 6th arrondissement in the heart of the Left Bank.The station was opened on 9 January 1910 as part of the connecting section of the line under the Seine between Châtelet and Raspail. The line 10 platforms opened on 14 April 1926 as part of the line's extension from Mabillon. It was the eastern terminus of the line until its extension to Place d'Italie (now on line 7) on 15 February 1930. Named after the nearby Odéon theatre, the station is located under the Carrefour de l'Odéon, in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. The platforms on Line 4 were opened on 9 January 1910 and the platforms on Line 10 were opened on 14 February 1926.The Luxembourg Palace is nearby.

MPAA
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
4 Rue Félibien
Paris, 75006

01 46 34 68 58

Drumming Lab
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
9 rue de l'éperon
Paris, 75006

+33 (0) 9 67 08 35 14

ESAG Penninghen École Supérieure D' Art Graphique Et D' Architecture
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
31 rue du dragon
Paris, 75006

0561153930

Le 43 cocktail Bar
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
4 rue danton
Paris, 75006

0771693333

Effil Tower
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
champ de mars , avenue antole france
Paris, 75007

Le Théâtre Saint-Germain
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
4 Rue du Sabot
Paris, 75006

0762533536

Le Théâtre Saint-Germain a cessé toute activité théâtrale pour se consacrer au seul domaine de l’événementiel depuis le 1er Septembre. Son cachet particulier et son somptueux balcon-mezzanine offrent un espace chic, chaleureux et original pour accueillir vos invités. • Déjeuner - Dîner Assis : 140 personnes • Cocktail Déjeunatoire / Dinatoire : 300 personnes • Soirée Dansante : 350 personnes • Conférence : 100 personnes CONTACT Service commercial Mob : 07 62 53 35 36 Fixe : 01 44 76 82 35 [email protected] Privatisable du Lundi au Dimanche. ACCES 2/4 Rue du Sabot, 75006 Paris Métro 10 : Mabillon Métro 4 : Saint-Germain des Prés / Saint-Sulpice Service Voiturier sur Demande.

Le Chapelier
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
2-4, rue du Sabot
Paris, 75006

Le Chapelier, ce n’est pas seulement un vendeur de chapeaux mais c’est aussi et surtout la nouvelle contrée de vos petits délires grisants, le porte étendard d’une musique pointue et éclectique. Dans une ville où les soirées ont longtemps été aussi sinistres qu’un wagon de RER à 6 heures du matin. Le Chapelier est aux exigences du parisianisme branché ce que François Hollande est à l’infidélité : une égérie. Lové dans un cadre intimiste et hors du temps, il vous ouvre ses portes, vous attend, vous adore, que dire, il vous aime déjà. A très vite. Que Dieu vous garde, car lui n'a pas le temps.

Landmark and Historical Place Near Olympia (Paris)

Louvre Palace
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, France 75058

(0)1 40 20 53 17

Le palais du Louvre est un ancien palais royal situé à Paris sur la rive droite de la Seine, entre le jardin des Tuileries et l'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois. S'étendant sur une surface bâtie de plus de, le palais du Louvre est le plus grand palais européen, et le second plus grand bâtiment du continent après le palais du Parlement roumain. Il abrite aujourd'hui le musée du Louvre.La construction du Louvre est indissociable de l'histoire de Paris. Elle s'étend sur plus de, bien que le plan général du palais ait été imaginé dès la Renaissance. Charles V y établit sa résidence, donnant au palais un statut qu'il a conservé jusqu'au règne de Louis XIV.Avec 8,9 millions de visiteurs annuels en 2011, c'est le site culturel le plus visité en France devant la tour Eiffel, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris étant en tête des monuments à l'accès libre avec de visiteurs estimés.Origine du nomLa première forteresse du Louvre, sous Philippe Auguste, a été bâtie sur un lieu-dit nommé en bas-latin Lupara, terme désignant une louverie, lieu abritant les équipages employés à chasser le loup (en latin lupus signifie « loup »). Étymologie pouvant se rapprocher d'ailleurs de celle du village de Louvres dans le Val-d'Oise.

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
The Louvre
Paris, France 75001

+33 (0)1 40 20 53 17

La Pirámide del Museo del Louvre es una obra situada en el patio del Museo del Louvre, en París, que da acceso al edificio. Fue diseñada por el arquitecto Ieoh Ming Pei. De estilo internacional, esta pirámide de vidrio y aluminio fue inaugurada en el año 1989 por el entonces presidente francés, François Mitterrand.DescripciónTiene una altura de 20,1 m. y un total de 673 paneles de vidrio laminado transparente divididos en 603 rombos y 70 triángulos, aunque algunas fuentes señalan que existen 666 rombos debido a una intención de darle un sentido esotérico a la construcción. El peso total de la estructura es de 180 toneladas. La inclinación de sus paredes, al igual que ocurre con las pirámides egipcias, es de 51 grados.Su centro de gravedad coincide con el de los tres pabellones del museo, Richelieu al norte, Denon al sur y Sully al este. Siendo esta la principal y más grande de las pirámides de cristal del museo, que incluye, a nivel subterráneo, otra pirámide pero invertida. Antes de construirse la pirámide, la entrada al Louvre tenía unas largas colas. Con su construcción, además de solucionarse el problema, se aumenta el espacio de exposición del museo.ControversiaDesde su construcción, la pirámide ha estado sujeta a polémicas, debido al contraste de estilos entre la modernidad del vidrio y el clasicismo del museo, si bien ha servido de inspiración para las ampliaciones de muchos otros museos. Ha sido descrita por algunos detractores como parte del "complejo de faraón" de Mitterrand. Otros alaban la yuxtaposición del contraste entre estilos arquitectónicos como una exitosa combinación entre lo antiguo y lo nuevo, lo clásico y lo ultramoderno.

Louvre
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre, 75058 Paris - France
Paris, France 75001

01 40 20 50 50

The Louvre or the Louvre Museum is the world's largest museum and a historic monument in Paris, France. A central landmark of the city, it is located on the Right Bank of the Seine in the city's 1st arrondissement (district or ward). Nearly 35,000 objects from prehistory to the 21st century are exhibited over an area of 72,735 square metres (782,910 square feet). The Louvre is the world's second most visited museum after the Palace Museum in China, receiving more than 9.26 million visitors in 2014.The museum is housed in the Louvre Palace, originally built as a fortress in the late 12th century under Philip II. Remnants of the fortress are visible in the basement of the museum. Due to the urban expansion of the city, the fortress eventually lost its defensive function and, in 1546, was converted by Francis I into the main residence of the French Kings. The building was extended many times to form the present Louvre Palace. In 1682, Louis XIV chose the Palace of Versailles for his household, leaving the Louvre primarily as a place to display the royal collection, including, from 1692, a collection of ancient Greek and Roman sculpture. In 1692, the building was occupied by the Académie des Inscriptions et Belles Lettres and the Académie Royale de Peinture et de Sculpture, which in 1699 held the first of a series of salons. The Académie remained at the Louvre for 100 years. During the French Revolution, the National Assembly decreed that the Louvre should be used as a museum to display the nation's masterpieces.

Passerelle Léopold-Sédar-Senghor
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Passerelle Léopold-Sédar-Senghor
Paris, France 75007

Passerelle Léopold Sédar Senghor, – most w Paryżu przeznaczony wyłącznie dla ruchu pieszego, łączący 1 i 7 okręg paryski.Pierwszy most na tym miejscu powstał w 1861. Był to żeliwny most przeznaczony zarówno dla pieszych, jak i dla pojazdów, zbudowany przez inżynierów Gallochera de Lagalisserie oraz Savarina. Jego nazwa upamiętniała zwycięstwo spod Solferino w 1859. Liczne wypadki z udziałem barek poważnie nadwątliły konstrukcję, która w 1961, jako grożąca zawaleniem, została rozebrana i zastąpiona stalowym mostem zarezerwowanym dla pieszych. I ten most przestał spełniać wymogi bezpieczeństwa i został rozebrany w 1992.Obecną 106-metrową przeprawę zbudował w latach 1997-1999 Marc Mimram. Żeliwna konstrukcja została pokryta egzotycznym drewnem sprowadzanym z Brazylii. Most jest łukowy, oparty na masywnych betonowych filarach. W 1999 architekt mostu otrzymał za niego nagrodę Srebrnej Ekierki.Obecną nazwę przeprawa otrzymała w 2006, w setną rocznicę urodzin Léopolda Sédara Senghora.Bibliografia Na oficjalnej stronie Paryżą

Pont de la Concorde
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Pont de la Concorde
Paris, France 75007

Pont de la Concorde – most łukowy łączący dwa brzegi Sekwany między bulwarami Tuileries oraz d’Orsay.Budowa mostu w tym miejscu była uwzględniona w planach rozwoju miasta od 1725, tj. od momentu zakończenia prac nad placem Ludwika XV . Jednak dopiero w 1787 Ludwik XVI polecił wykonanie tego mostu, wstępnie nazwanego jego imieniem, Jeanowi Perronetowi i Danielowi Trudaine’owi. Prace trwały, gdy wybuchła rewolucja francuska. Nowe władze Paryża zarządziły zmianę projektowanej nazwy przeprawy na Pont de la Révolution oraz symboliczne wykorzystanie przy jego budowie kamieni z rozbiórki Bastylii.W 1810 Napoleon Bonaparte nakazał redekorację mostu, na którym pojawiło się 8 posągów tych generałów czasów rewolucji i Cesarstwa, którzy zginęli na polu walki. W czasie Restauracji figury te zostały usunięte i zastąpione posągami wielkich ludzi czasów przedrewolucyjnych – czterech słynnych ministrów Colberta, Richelieu, Sugera oraz de Sully’ego, czterech dowódców wojskowych Bayarda, du Guesclina, Wielkiego Kondeusza i de Turenne’a, wreszcie czterech marynarzy: Duguaya-Trouina, Duquesne’a, Suffrena i Tourville’a. Przy budowie tego imponującego kompleksu rzeźb kierowano się jednak bardziej względami ideowymi niż technicznymi; przeciążały one poważnie most i w 1830 musiały zostać przeniesione do Wersalu. Restauracja przywróciła również mostowi imię Ludwika XVI, które ponownie zmieniono po 1830, tym razem na nazwę obecną.

Tuileries Garden
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Luxembourg
Paris, France 75001

The Tuileries Garden is a public garden located between the Louvre Museum and the Place de la Concorde in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. Created by Catherine de Medici as the garden of the Tuileries Palace in 1564, it was eventually opened to the public in 1667, and became a public park after the French Revolution. In the 19th and 20th century, it was the place where Parisians celebrated, met, promenaded, and relaxed.Garden of Catherine de MedicisIn July 1559, after the death of her husband, Henry II, Queen Catherine de Medicis decided to move from her residence at the chateau of Tournelles, near the Bastille, to the Louvre Palace, along with her son, the new King, François II. She decided that she would build a new palace there for herself, separate from the Louvre, with a garden modeled after the gardens of her native Florence.At the time there was an empty area bordered by the Seine on the south, the rue Saint-Honoré on the north, the Louvre on the east, and the city walls and deep water-filled moat on the west. Since the 13th century this area was occupied by workshops, called tuileries, making tiles for the roofs of buildings. Some of land had been acquired early in the 16th century by King Francois I. Catherine acquired more land and began to build a new palace and garden on the site.

Jardin du Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Palais-Royal
Paris, France 75001

Le jardin du Palais-Royal est un grand square parisien de situé dans le de Paris et construit en 1633 au centre du Palais-Royal. Le jardin est labellisé « Jardin remarquable ».DescriptionLe jardin est bordé par quatre galeries sous arcades : la galerie de Montpensier à l'ouest, la galerie de Beaujolais au nord, la galerie de Valois à l'est et la galerie du Jardin au sud.HistoireLes jardins sont décidés par le cardinal de Richelieu pour ornementer le Palais-Royal et sont réalisés par Pierre Desgotz, le jardinier du roi. Le palais et les jardins sont légués à Louis XIII à la mort du cardinal et la famille royale s'y installe. Il est modifié sous Charles X pour lui donner son aspect actuel, avec les galeries et les tracés des allées.

Place de la Concorde
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
place de la concorde 75008 Paris
Paris, France 75018

The Place de la Concorde is one of the major public squares in Paris, France. Measuring 8.64ha in area, it is the largest square in the French capital. It is located in the city's eighth arrondissement, at the eastern end of the Champs-Élysées.HistoryThe place was designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel in 1755 as a moat-skirted octagon between the Champs-Élysées to the west and the Tuileries Garden to the east. Decorated with statues and fountains, the area was named Place Louis XV to honor the king at that time. The square showcased an equestrian statue of the king, which had been commissioned in 1748 by the city of Paris, sculpted mostly by Edmé Bouchardon, and completed by Jean-Baptiste Pigalle after the death of Bouchardon.At the north end, two magnificent identical stone buildings were constructed. Separated by the rue Royale, these structures remain among the best examples of Louis Quinze style architecture. Initially, the eastern building served as the French Naval Ministry. Shortly after its construction, the western building became the opulent home of the Duc d'Aumont. It was later purchased by the Comte de Crillon, whose family resided there until 1907. The famous luxury Hôtel de Crillon, which currently occupies the building, took its name from its previous owners.

Discover Walks Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
1 rue Thérèse
Paris, France 75001

(+33) 0 970 449 724

We started Discover Walks to give visitors to Paris something exciting, something special, to remember when they returned home. We want to give visitors a couple of special hours being with a real Parisian walking around Paris. The kind of experience you would have if you had a good friend who was a Paris native. Fun, informative and most of all, personal to you and your guide.

Hôtel de la Marine
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
2 rue Royale
Paris, France 75008

The hôtel de la Marine is a building on place de la Concorde in Paris, to the east of Rue Royale. It was built between 1757 and 1774 on what was then known as place Louis XV, with a façade by Ange-Jacques Gabriel, Premier architecte du Roi and designer of the square. The identical building to its west now houses the Hôtel de Crillon.The building works were led by Jacques-Germain Soufflot. Its two pediments contain allegories of Magnificence and Felicity by Guillaume II Coustou and Michel-Ange Slodtz. It originally belonged wholly to the crown, at first being used by the Garde-Meuble, whose galleries were open to the public from 9 am to 1 pm on the first Tuesday of each month between Easter and All Saints' Day. It also housed a chapel, a library, workshops, stables and many apartments, including those of the intendant of the Garde-Meuble – at first Pierre Élisabeth de Fontanieu then Marc-Antoine Thierry de Ville-d'Avray .When the Government was forced to join Louis XVI in quitting Versailles and setting up in the palais des Tuileries, the secrétaire d'État à la Marine, César Henri de la Luzerne, was hosted at the Garde-Meuble by his cousin Thierry de Ville d'Avray. Thus, from 1789, it housed the naval ministry. Led by admiral Decrès, the ministry considerably expanded its offices until it occupied the whole building.

Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
8 place de la Concorde
Paris, France 75008

330143124455

The Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile is an association established as the Association Internationale des Automobile Clubs Reconnus on 20 June 1904 to represent the interests of motoring organisations and motor car users. To the general public, the FIA is mostly known as the governing body for many auto racing events. The FIA also promotes road safety around the world.Headquartered at 8 Place de la Concorde, Paris, the FIA consists of 239 national member organisations in 143 countries worldwide. Its current president is Jean Todt.The FIA is generally known by its French name or initials, even in non-French-speaking countries, but is occasionally rendered as 'International Automobile Federation'.Its most prominent role is in the licensing and arbitration of Formula One and World Rally Championship motor racing. The FIA along with the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme also certify land speed record attempts. The International Olympic Committee provisionally recognized the federation in 2011, and granted full recognition in 2013.HistoryThe Association Internationale des Automobile Clubs Reconnus was founded in Paris on 20 June 1904, as an association of national motor clubs. The association was designed to represent the interests of motor car users, as well as to oversee the burgeoning international motor sport scene. In 1922, the AIACR delegated the organisation of automobile racing to the Commission Sportive Internationale, which would set the regulations for international Grand Prix motor racing. The European Drivers' Championship was introduced in 1931, a title awarded to the driver with the best results in the selected Grands Prix. Upon the resumption of motor racing after the Second World War, the AIACR was renamed the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile. The FIA established a number of new racing categories, among them Formulas One and Two, and created the first World Championship, the Formula One World Drivers' Championship, in 1950.

Rue de la Paix, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
rue de la Paix
Paris, France 75002

The rue de la Paix is a fashionable shopping street in the center of Paris. Located in the 2nd arrondissement of Paris, running north from Place Vendôme and ending at the Opéra Garnier, it is best known for its jewellers, such as the shop opened by Cartier in 1898. Charles Frederick Worth was the first to open a couture house in the rue de la Paix. Many buildings on the street are inspired in design by the hôtels particuliers of Place Vendôme.HistoryThe street was opened in 1806 from Place Vendôme on the orders of Napoleon I, part of the Napoleonic program to open the heart of the Right Bank of Paris, both towards the undeveloped western suburbs and to the north. Creating the new street required the demolition of the ancient Convent of the Capucins. At first named Rue Napoléon, its name was changed in 1814, after the Bourbon Restoration, to celebrate the newly arranged peace.TransportationBased in the center of Paris, the street can be reached by: metro: line 1 18px or buses: 72.Retail outlets associated with Rue da la Paix Louis Aucoc - The Aucoc family firm at 6 Rue de la Paix was established in 1821 Duvelleroy is a fan-maker house established at 15 Rue de la Paix in 1827 by Jean-Pierre Duvelleroy, Cartier - 1898. Charles Frederick Worth was the first to open a couture house at 7 rue de la Paix, and in 1885 created the label of his salon "Worth 7, Rue de la Paix". Boué Soeurs, a fashion house active from the late 1890s to early 1950s

Boulevard de la Madeleine
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard de la Madeleine
Paris, France

Ce site est desservi par les stations de métro Opéra et Madeleine.Le boulevard de la Madeleine est un des grands boulevards de Paris, et fait partie de la chaîne constituée d'ouest en est par les boulevards de la Madeleine, des Capucines, des Italiens et Montmartre.Origine du nomLe boulevard doit son nom à l'église de la Madeleine toute proche.Bâtiments remarquables, et lieux de mémoire ' : Ici se trouvait dans les années 1920, la Galerie Adolphe Le Goupy. ' : à l'entresol de l'immeuble, mourut Alphonsine Plessis (dite Marie Duplessis) rendue célèbre par Alexandre Dumas fils, sous le nom de La Dame aux camélias et par Giuseppe Verdi dans son opéra la Traviata. ' : Hôtel de la Compagnie des messageries maritimes. D'inspiration classique, élevé par l‘architecte J. de Saint-Maurice et les ingénieurs constructeurs Lugagne et de Bouillanne en 1916, l'ancien siège de la Compagnie des Messageries Maritimes est un grand immeuble, entre le boulevard et la rue de Sèze, les rues Vignon (22 fenêtres en façade) et Godot-de-Mauroy. Ses murs conservent des sculptures et bas relief maritimes. Le transfert du siège des Messageries Maritimes du Boulevard de la Madeleine à Paris à la Tour Winterthur à La Défense a eu lieu en 1975. ' : Emplacement de la Galerie Bernheim-Jeune à partir de 1906 à 1925

Rue de Marivaux
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
11 Bd Des Italiens
Paris, France 75002

La rue de Marivaux est une voie du 2e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, en France.DescriptionLa rue de Marivaux est une voie publique située dans le 2e arrondissement de Paris de Paris. Elle débute au 4 rue Grétry et se termine au 11 boulevard des Italiens.Origine du nomLa rue porte le nom de l'écrivain Pierre de Marivaux.HistoriqueC'est une des rues percées vers l'an 1784, par lettres-patentes à la date du 18 février 1780 sur l'emplacement de l'hôtel Choiseul. Celles-ci indiquent qu'il sera ouvert aux frais de Étienne-François duc de Choiseul-Amboise et de son épouse, sur le terrain de leur hôtel et jardin.Elle fut dénommée rue de Marivaux-des-Italiens pour la différencier de la Petite rue Marivaux de la Grande rue Marivaux également appelée rue Marivaux-des-Lombards.Bâtiments remarquables et lieux de mémoireLe peintre espagnol Francisco de Goya habita au n° 5 de cette rue quelques mois en 1824.

Free Center
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de la Ville l'Evêque
Paris, France 75008

Envie de vivre une expérience passionnante au sein d’une équipe exceptionnelle : rejoignez les équipes des Free Centers ! Postulez sur free.fr/freecenter/

Palais Garnier
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
8 rue Scribe
Paris, France 75001

+33171252423

The Palais Garnier is a 1,979-seat opera house, which was built from 1861 to 1875 for the Paris Opera. It was called the Salle des Capucines, because of its location on the Boulevard des Capucines in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, but soon became known as the Palais Garnier, in recognition of its opulence and its architect, Charles Garnier. The theatre is also often referred to as the Opéra Garnier and historically was known as the Opéra de Paris or simply the Opéra, as it was the primary home of the Paris Opera and its associated Paris Opera Ballet until 1989, when the Opéra Bastille opened at the Place de la Bastille. The Paris Opera now mainly uses the Palais Garnier for ballet.The Palais Garnier has been called "probably the most famous opera house in the world, a symbol of Paris like Notre Dame Cathedral, the Louvre, or the Sacré Coeur Basilica." This is at least partly due to its use as the setting for Gaston Leroux's 1910 novel The Phantom of the Opera and, especially, the novel's subsequent adaptations in films and Andrew Lloyd Webber's popular 1986 musical. Another contributing factor is that among the buildings constructed in Paris during the Second Empire, besides being the most expensive, it has been described as the only one that is "unquestionably a masterpiece of the first rank." This opinion is far from unanimous however: the 20th-century French architect Le Corbusier once described it as "a lying art" and contended that the "Garnier movement is a décor of the grave".

Printemps
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
64 boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75009

Printemps is a French department store . The Printemps stores focus on beauty, lifestyle, fashion, accessories, and men's wear.HistoryPrintemps was founded in 1865 by Jules Jaluzot and Jean-Alfred Duclos. The store was designed by noted architects Jules and Paul Sédille and opened at the corner of Le Havre and Boulevard Haussmann, in Paris, France on 3 November 1865. The building was greatly expanded in 1874, and elevators (then a great novelty) from the 1867 Universal Exposition were installed. Rebuilt after a fire in 1881, the store became the first to use electric lighting, in 1888. (Customers could observe the workings of the power plant behind a glass wall.) It was also one of the first department stores with direct subway access, the Metro being connected in 1904.The policies of Printemps revolutionized retail business practices. The store marked items with set prices and eschewed the haggling based on customer appearance that had previously been standard in retail shopping. Like other '' (literally "big store", department store), Printemps used the economies of scale to provide high quality goods at prices that the expanding middle class could afford. They also pioneered the idea of discount sales to clear out dated stocks, and later the use of window models to display the latest fashions. Printemps was noted for its branding innovations as well, handing out bouquets of violets on the first day of each Spring and championing the new Art Nouveau style, with its nature inspired motifs.

Saint-Augustin, Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
8 Avenue César Caire
Paris, France 75008

0299717343

The Église Saint-Augustin de Paris is a Catholic church located at 46 boulevard Malesherbes in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. The church was designed to provide a prominent vista at the end of the boulevard both of which were built during Haussmann's renovation of Paris under the Second French Empire. The closest métro station is Saint-Augustin 15px 15pxHistoryHaussmann's PlanDuring the reign of Napoleon III in the 1850s and 60s Paris experienced a dramatic transformation under the direction of Georges-Eugène Haussmann. Haussmann cut many boulevards through the crowded, medieval city placing prominent public buildings at the boulevard ends to provide impressive vistas. The boulevard Malesherbes was laid out cutting northwest from La Madeleine. Saint-Augustin, close to the spot where Haussmann was born, was built to provide a counterpoint to the famous columns of La Madeleine at the other end of the boulevard. It was also designed to be visible from the Arc de Triomphe down the avenue de Friedland. The chosen site, an odd shaped lot at the intersection of four streets, and the need for a dome of 200ft so as to be visible from the Arc de Triomphe, dictated unusual proportions for the building. The church was designed by Haussmann's fellow Protestant, architect Victor Baltard who also famously designed Les Halles markets. While Baltard's use of iron in Saint-Augustin's structure is praised for its inventiveness, at least one critic has described the church as, "an eyesore: ridiculously sited, without proportion, crushed beneath an outsized dome." The neighborhood around the church is now one of the most expensive in Paris.

Sainte-Trinité, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
4 Place D'Estienne D'Orves
Paris, France 75009

01 48 74 12 77

The Église de la Sainte-Trinité is a Roman Catholic church located in the 9th arrondissement of Paris, France. The church is a building of the Second Empire period, built between 1861 and 1867 at a cost of almost 5 million francs.La Trinité, as it is known, was designed by Théodore Ballu as part of the beautification and reorganization of Paris under Baron Haussmann. Exterior figures of Faith, Hope, and Charity on the church were sculpted by Eugène-Louis Lequesne. The 93 meter-long church has a bell tower 63 metres high topped by a dome. The choir is ten steps higher than the nave and surrounded by an ambulatory. Also named after it are the rue de La Trinité and the square de La Trinité.The church is accessible by the Métro (the nearby station, Trinité, is named after it) and is known internationally for its former organist, the French composer Olivier Messiaen. It was the location of Hector Berlioz's funeral, on 11 March 1869 and Georges Bizet's funeral in 1875.The church's facade served as the inspiration for the design of the Saint-Jean-Baptiste Church in Quebec City and the Cathedral of the Blessed Sacrament in Sacramento, California.

伦敦路
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Londres
Paris, France 75009

伦敦路(Rue de Londres)是巴黎第八区和第九区的一条街道,始于克利希路(rue de Clichy)1号,终于欧洲广场。阿姆斯特丹路和欧洲广场之间属于巴黎第八区。阿姆斯特丹路和克利希路之间属于巴黎第九区。伦敦路土地于1826年归属海哲曼和米尼翁,他们在此开辟欧洲区,此路以英国首都伦敦命名。道路宽度定为15米。参考资料 Félix Lazare, Dictionnaire administratif et historique des rues de Paris et de ses monuments, Paris, Imprimerie de Vinchon, 1844-1849 Félix de Rochegude, Promenades dans toutes les rues de Paris. VIII arrondissement, Paris, Hachette, 1910