EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Avenue des Champs-Élysées, Paris | Tourist Information


Champs Elysees Paris
Paris, France 75008


Des news, des photos, des videos, les photos des Fans, des citations.........Plus de 10 posts/Jour News, Photos, videos, quotes , photos by fans... More than 10 posts daily.

Street Near Avenue des Champs-Élysées

Rue De Varenne 75007 Paris
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Varenne
Paris, 75007

Boulevard de Grenelle
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard de Grenelle
Paris, 75015

Le Chateau De Versailles
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Jean Rey
Paris,

Musee Rodin
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
79 rue de Varenne
Paris, 75007

Champ de Mars
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
2 Allée Adrienne Lecouvreur
Paris, 75007

The Champ de Mars is a large public greenspace in Paris, France, located in the seventh arrondissement, between the Eiffel Tower to the northwest and the École Militaire to the southeast. The park is named after the Campus Martius ("Mars Field") in Rome, a tribute to the Latin name of the Roman God of war. The name also alludes to the fact that the lawns here were formerly used as drilling and marching grounds by the French military.The nearest Métro stations are La Motte-Picquet–Grenelle, École Militaire, and Champ de Mars-Tour Eiffel, an RER suburban-commuter-railway station. A disused station, Champ de Mars is also nearby.Originally, the Champ de Mars was part of a large flat open area called Grenelle, which was reserved for market gardening. Citizens would claim small plots and exploit them by growing fruits, vegetables, and flowers for the local market. However, the plain of Grenelle was not an especially fertile place for farming.The construction, in 1765, of the École Militaire designed by Ange-Jacques Gabriel, was the first step toward the Champ de Mars in its present form. Grounds for military drills were originally planned for an area south of the school, the current location of the place de Fontenoy. The choice to build an esplanade to the north of the school led to the erection of the noble facade which today encloses the Champ de Mars. The planners leveled the ground, surrounded it with a large ditch and a long avenue of elms, and, as a final touch, the esplanade was enclosed by a fine grille-work fence.

Avenue Bosquet
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Bosquet
Paris, 75007

Rue de Grenelle
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Grenelle
Paris, 75007

Square Alboni
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Square Alboni
Paris, 75116

Tour Effiel
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris, 75007

0 892 70 12 39

La Guinguette Eiffel
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Tour Eiffel
Paris, 75007

Rue de la Comète (Paris)
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Rue de la Comète
Paris,

La rue de la Comète est une voie du arrondissement de Paris, en France.DescriptionLa rue de la Comète est une voie publique située dans le arrondissement de Paris. Elle débute au 75 rue Saint-Dominique et se termine au 160 rue de Grenelle.

Rue Saint-Dominique
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Dominique
Paris, 75007

The rue Saint-Dominique is a street in the 7th arrondissement of Paris. It was formerly known as chemin de la Longue Raye (1355), chemin des Treilles (1433), chemin Herbu (des Moulins à Vent) (1523), chemin de l'Oseraie (1527), chemin du Port (1530), chemin des Vaches (1542), chemin de la Justice and chemin des Charbonniers. It was renamed rue Saint-Dominique in 1643 after the Dominican monastery set up a few years earlier near the eastern end of the street (now absorbed by the Boulevard Saint-Germain), whose only remnant is the église Saint-Thomas-d’Aquin on the place Saint-Thomas-d’Aquin (called place des Jacobins until 1802, after the Dominicans).In 1670, Jeanne Baptiste d'Albert de Luynes was born at number 33, the Hôtel de Luynes. It is now destroyed.The Rue Saint-Dominique is crossed by the Esplanade des Invalides.Popular cultureThe Irish musician Rob Smith released a song in March 2011 called "Rue Sainte-Dominique". The music video was shot on the street and surrounding area.

Rue de Solférino
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
rue de solferino
Paris, 75007

La rue de Solférino est une rue du 7 arrondissement de Paris. Longue de et large de, la rue de Solférino relie le quai Anatole-France au boulevard Saint-Germain.HistoireL'artère fut créée sous le Second Empire par décret du 28 juillet 1866. Elle doit son nom à la bataille de Solférino, une victoire remportée par Napoléon III en Lombardie (décret du 10 août 1868). Elle conduisait à l'origine au pont de Solférino (1859-1961). Aujourd'hui, la partie comprise entre le boulevard Saint-Germain et la rue Saint-Dominique a été dénommée place Jacques Bainville en 1961.Depuis 1999, la passerelle Solférino (renommée passerelle Léopold-Sédar-Senghor en 2006) relie, par dessus la Seine, le quai des Tuileries à la rue de Solférino, à l'emplacement de l'ancien pont de Solférino.

Набережная Бранли
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Quai Branly
Paris, 75015

На́бережная Бранли́  — улица и набережная вдоль левого берега Сены в VII и XV округе Парижа. Названа в честь Эдуарда Бранли, французского изобретателя и медика.Примечательные здания и сооружения Музей на набережной Бранли Эйфелева башня по адресу Наб. Бранли, 1 вместо зданий государственной метеорологической службы Франции должен быть возведён российский духовно-культурный православный центр. На его территории планируется построить новый кафедральный собор Корсунской епархии Московского Патриархата. Сюда же должна переехать Русская духовная семинария во Франции.См. также Российский духовно-культурный центр (Париж)

Place Du Trocadéro
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place du Trocadéro et du 11 Novembre
Paris, 75116

Grande Roue de Paris
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Place de la Concorde
Paris, 75001

Paris 16eme . Avenue Raymond Poincaré
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Raymond Poincaré
Paris, 75116

Champs Elysées Arc de Triomphe
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Place de l'Etoile
Paris, 75008

Rue du Boccador
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
rue du boccador
Paris, 75008

La rue du Boccador est une voie du 8e arrondissement de Paris de Paris. Elle commence 19, avenue Montaigne et se termine 24, avenue George-V.HistoireLa rue du Boccador a été ouverte en 1881. Située dans le quartier François-I, elle a reçu sa dénomination en 1883 en l'honneur de l'architecte Dominique de Cortone dit le Boccador (1465-1549).Sous l'Occupation, une grande partie des immeubles de la rue fut rachetée par l'affairiste Michel Szkolnikoff, qui avait fait fortune dans le marché noir avec l'armée allemande. Placés sous séquestre à la Libération, ils furent revendus entre 1947 et 1948 au profit de l'État.Bâtiments détruits 1 : Hôtel de Deschamps, construit en 1896. « Au 1 s'ouvre l'hôtel Goury du Roslan, dont les fenêtres donnent sur l'avenue Montaigne. Un syndicat commercial, un armateur et des services de la radio-télévision française se partagent aujourd'hui les locaux de ce qui fut avant la guerre le siège de l'Action française. »

Rue Royale
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Rue Royale
Paris, 75008

富兰克林·罗斯福大街
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Franklin Roosevelt
Paris, 75008

富兰克林·罗斯福大街(Avenue Franklin-D.-Roosevelt)是巴黎第八区的一条街道,以美国总统富兰克林·德拉诺·罗斯福命名。该路南起塞纳河上的荣军院桥(pont des Invalides)经过弗朗索瓦一世街和加拿大广场(place du Canada),在大约中点与香榭丽舍大街交汇于香榭丽舍圆环(rond-point des Champs-Élysées-Marcel-Dassault),经过教堂(Église Saint-Philippe-du-Roule),波艾蒂街(rue La Boétie),止于圣奥诺雷郊区街。该路南段有建于1900年的巴黎大皇宫(Grand Palais)。参考资料 Jacques Hillairet, Dictionnaire historique des rues de Paris, p. 555 Félix de Rochegude, Promenades dans toutes les rues de Paris. VIII arrondissement, Paris, Hachette, 1910 Avenue Franklin Roosevelt sur le site Mon village : le faubourg du Roule et ses environs (consulté le 27 décembre 2008)

Paris Rue de Chaillot
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
47 rue de chaillot
Paris, 75116

Place des Etats Unis
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue Galilée
Paris, 75116

Avenue Victor-Hugo
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Victor Hugo
Paris, 75016

0753474860

Avenue Victor-Hugo is an avenue in the 16th arrondissement of Paris. It begins at place Charles de Gaulle (also known as the Étoile) and ends at place Tattegrain (becoming avenue Henri-Martin). It is one of the twelve avenues beginning at the Étoile, and the second longest of the twelve, after the avenue des Champs-Élysées.Its junction with the Étoile is between those of the avenue Foch and avenue Kléber. It runs along the colline de Chaillot. Halfway along it is place Victor-Hugo and the Line 2 Metro station Victor Hugo. Originally named avenue de Saint-Cloud, it was renamed avenue Victor Hugo in 1881.Crossing the whole northern part of the 16th arrondissement, over 1.825 km from the Étoile to the Muette, it is an average of 36m wide (its first part, between the Étoile and the place Victor-Hugo, is wider than the second part, between place Victor Hugo and place Tattegrain). Planted with trees and decorated with a statue of its namesake at the junction with avenue Henri-Martin, it is one of the most prestigious avenues in Paris.It includes several buildings by Pierre Humbert, such as numbers 122 and 167 (the latter built in 1911 for Humbert's family). Humbert also built number 124, on the site of the hôtel particulier where Victor Hugo spent his last days (having as his address "Mr Victor Hugo, In his avenue, in Paris").

Rue Pierre Charron
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
54 Rue Pierre Charron
Paris, 75008

Rue Lauriston
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
129 RUE LAURISTON
Paris,

La rue Lauriston est une voie du arrondissement de Paris.Histoire et descriptionAncien chemin du Bel-air, la rue tire son nom de Jacques Alexandre Law de Lauriston (1768-1828) militaire et homme d'État sous le Premier Empire et la Restauration.Le réservoir de Passy est situé dans cette rue. Construit par Marie François Eugène Belgrand (1810-1878) et mis en service sous le Second Empire, il est l'un des principaux réservoirs de stockage d'eau non potable à Paris.Au 40, vécut le peintre et illustrateur Fabien Fabiano qui y décéda le 26 mai 1962.Au 74 ter, se trouve le seul jeu de paume de Paris, et l'une des trois dernières salles en activité en France, avec Fontainebleau et Pau.Durant la Seconde Guerre mondiale, la Gestapo française de Bonny (1895-1944) et Lafont (1902-1944) était installée au numéro 93.En raison du caractère « bourgeois » de ce quartier, le chanteur Pierre Perret place dans la rue Lauriston l'action (mettant en scène une « bonne » espagnole) de l'un des couplets de sa chanson des années 1960 La Corrida.On retrouve mentionnée, dans la chanson interprétée par Jean-Louis Foulquier, Tout c'qu'est dégueulasse, la rue Lauriston.Au 101 bis, l'écrivain Joseph Bialot a écrit en 1978 son premier roman policier Le Salon du prêt à saigner qui fut récompensé par le Grand Prix de littérature policière 1979.

Rue Pierre Charron, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
54 Rue Pierre Charron
Paris,

Rue Pierre Charron is a street in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, near Avenue Montaigne high-fashion district.HistoryThis street was once part of a unique rue de Morny that extended until the Place d'Iéna. Already with its present name, its section between the avenue George V and the abovementioned place was renamed avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie in 1918.Present namePierre Charron (1541–1603) was a French philosopher, author of Traité de la Sagesse (Treatise on Wisdom), and a friend of fellow philosopher Montaigne after whom the nearby avenue Montaigne is named.Closest Métro stationThe Rue Pierre Charron empties into the avenue des Champs-Elysées about midway between métro line 1 stations George V and Franklin D. Roosevelt. Also nearby are metro line 9's Saint-Philippe du Roule (to the north) and Alma-Marceau (to the south).

Avenue Kléber
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Kléber
Paris, 75116

La avenida Kléber,, es una avenida parisina situada en el XVI distrito de la ciudad. Une la plaza de la Estrella con la plaza del Trocadero.HistoriaCreada en 1864, la avenida recibió inicialmente el nombre de avenida del Rey de Roma (avenue du Roi-de-Rome). En 1879, en honor al general francés, Jean-Baptiste Kléber, la calle recibió su denominación actual.Lugares de interés Nº 8. Embajada de Islandia. Nº 17. Hotel Raphael. Nº 19. Antiguo hotel Majestic. Bajo la ocupación nazi fue la sede del estado mayor alemán. Después, acogió la sede de la Unesco y de algunos servicios del ministerio de Asustos Exteriores, antes de ser vendido por el estado francés a una sociedad pública catarí por 460 millones de euros. Fue en este hotel donde se firmaron los Acuerdos de París que ponen fin a la Guerra del Vietnam en 1973, los acuerdos de París sobre Camboya en 1991 y los acuerdos Kléber, firmados tras la rebelión ocurrida en el norte de Costa de Marfil en 2003.Nº50. Embajada del Perú.Nº60. Edificio de piedra y ladrillos construido en 1911 por el arquitecto Charles Letrosne.

Shanzelize
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Avenue des Champs-Élysées
Paris, 75008

Landmark Near Avenue des Champs-Élysées

Paris sewers
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Pont de l'Alma, rive gauche, Face au 93 quai d'Orsay
Paris, France 75007

+33 (0) 1 53 68 27 81.

The Parisian sewer system dates back to the year 1370 when the first underground system was constructed under "rue Montmartre". Since then, consecutive French governments have enlarged the system to cover the city's population.HistoryUntil the Middle Ages, the drinking water in Paris was taken from the river Seine. The wastewater was poured onto fields or unpaved streets, and finally filtered back into the Seine. Around 1200, Phillipe Auguste had the Parisian streets paved, incorporating a drain for waste water in their middle. In 1370 Hugues Aubriot, a Parisian provost had a vaulted, stone walled sewer built in the "rue Montmartre". This sewer collected the wastewater and took it to the "Ménilmontant" brook. However the wastewater was still drained in the open air.Under the reign of Louis XIV, a large ring sewer was built on the right bank, and the Bièvre River was used as a sewer for the left bank of the Seine. On at least two occasions in the late 1700s, Paris refused to build an updated water system that scientists had studied. Women were actually carrying water from the river Seine to their residences in buckets. Voltaire wrote about it, saying that they "will not begrudge money for a Comic Opera, but will complain about building aqueducts worthy of Augustus". Louis Pasteur himself lost three children to typhoid. Under Napoleon I, the first Parisian vaulted sewer network was built. It was 30 km long.In 1855, as a part of his plan to improve the sanitation and traffic circulation in Paris, Napoleon III ordered the construction of new boulevards, aqueducts and sewers. His prefect for the Seine, Baron Haussmann, and the engineer Eugène Belgrand, designed the present Parisian sewer and water supply networks. Thus was built, more than a century ago, a double water supply network (one for drinking water and one for non drinking water) and a sewer network that was 600 km long in 1878.

Mona Bismarck American Center for Art & Culture
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
34, avenue de New York
Paris, France 75116

Through a multidisciplinary program of exhibitions, events, and educational outreach, the Center’s mission is to engage visitors in a dialogue with the depth and diversity of the current American cultural scene.The current Center was launched in 2011, based on the legacy of the Mona Bismarck Foundation, which became active in 1986 following the death of its founder and sole benefactor, the American philanthropist Countess Mona von Bismarck. She donated her Parisian townhouse and the majority of her estate to found the Mona Bismarck Foundation, as "her desire was to establish a Cultural Centre in Paris to enhance the cause of American/French friendship upon her death".HistoryThe CenterLocated on the Seine, across from the Eiffel Tower, the hôtel particulier, or Parisian townhouse, was built at the end of the nineteenth century. It was reconfigured for Mona Bismarck in the late 1950s by French interior decorator Stéphane Boudin. The building was featured in a 1928 issue of Vogue.ProgrammingExhibitionsTwo to three temporary exhibitions of American art are presented each year in partnership with international institutions. Exhibitions focus on a single artist or theme and represent a range of artistic styles and movements.Past exhibitions :Quilt Art: L’Art du Patchwork(February 13 – May 19, 2013)Mary Cassatt à Paris: Drawings and Engravings from the Ambroise Vollard Collection(September 26, 2012 – January 20, 2013)The Wyeths: Three Generations of American ArtBank of America Merrill Lynch Collection(November 10, 2011 to February 12, 2012)Little Black Dress (July 3 – September 22, 2013)

Pont des Invalides
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Invalides
Paris, France 75007

Le pont des Invalides est le plus bas pont situé à Paris et traversant la Seine.SituationCe site est desservi par les stations de métro Champs-Élysées - Clemenceau, Alma - Marceau et La Tour-Maubourg.HistoireL'histoire de ce pont débute en 1821, lorsque l'ingénieur Claude Navier travaille à la conception d'un pont techniquement révolutionnaire destiné à être construit face à l'hôtel des Invalides (à l'emplacement de l'actuel pont Alexandre-III). La construction d'un pont suspendu devant franchir la Seine sans point d'appui débute donc en 1824. Hélas, des ruptures et des éboulements condamnent le projet à la démolition avant même sa mise en service.À la suite de plaintes de défenseurs de la perspective des Invalides, l'Administration décide de transférer le futur pont en aval. Cette fois il s'agit d'un pont suspendu en trois parties supportées par des portiques de 20 m de haut, avec deux piles dans la Seine. Les ingénieurs Marie Fortuné de Vergès et Bayard de la Vingtrie terminent leur ouvrage en 1829, mais celui-ci fatigue rapidement et son accès doit être réglementé dès 1850.

Apostolic Nuncio to France
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
10 Avenue du Président Wilson
Paris, France

The Apostolic Nunciature to the French Republic is an ecclesiastical office of the Catholic Church in France. It is a diplomatic post of the Holy See, whose representative is called the Apostolic Nuncio with the rank of an ambassador.History of the NunciatureThe early twentieth century was a very difficult time in France-Vatican relations because of tensions over Church-State separation and anticlericalism, which were condemned by Pius X, and which led to the freezing of relations.However, relations were renewed after the First World War and had very much improved under the presidency of Charles de Gaulle. There was controversy over relations under the Vichy regime, because the regime rewarded the Church even though bishops often opposed antisemitism.Relations with the Sarkozy government have been relatively good, given the fact that the government has announced an end to the ban on recognition of higher Christian institutions.

Ambassade d'Espagne en France
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
22, avenue Marceau
Paris, France 75008

L'ambassade d'Espagne en France est la représentation diplomatique du royaume d'Espagne auprès de la République française. Elle est située 22 Avenue Marceau dans le 8e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, la capitale du pays. Son ambassadeur est, depuis 2014, Ramón de Miguel Egea.ConsulatOutre la section consulaire de son ambassade à Paris, située 165 boulevard Malesherbes dans le 17e arrondissement de Paris, l'Espagne possède des consulats généraux à Bayonne, Bordeaux, Lyon, Montpellier, Marseille, Pau, Perpignan, Strasbourg et Toulouse.Notes et référencesDans le Journal officiel de la République française (JORF), sur Légifrance :Autres références :Voir aussiArticles connexesLiens externes Site de l'ambassade d'Espagne en France. (Consulté le 23 avril 2016) Documents de référence : Traités bilatéraux. (Consulté le 23 avril 2016)

Embassy of Canada, Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Adresse postale:Ambassade du Canada 35, avenue Montaigne 75008 Paris FRANCE
Paris, France 75008

0022247885914

L’ambassade du Canada en France est la représentation diplomatique du Canada auprès de la République française. Elle est située à Paris, la capitale du pays, et son ambassadeur est, depuis 2012, Lawrence Cannon.L’ambassadeL’ambassade est située 35, avenue Montaigne, dans le de Paris. Elle accueille aussi un consulat général. La résidence de l'ambassadeur est située au 135, rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré. Paris est aussi le siège des délégations permanentes du Canada auprès de l’UNESCO et de l’OCDE, ainsi que de la délégation du gouvernement du Québec, qui est située 66 rue Pergolèse.L'ambassadeur du Canada en France est aussi ambassadeur extraordinaire et plénipotentiaire du Canada à Monaco depuis le, le Canada devenant la étrangère à être accréditée auprès de la Principauté.HistoireL'ambassade est la plus ancienne mission diplomatique du Canada (il faut noter que le Royaume-Uni n'était pas considéré comme un pays étranger).

Rue du Boccador
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
rue du boccador
Paris, France 75008

La rue du Boccador est une voie du 8e arrondissement de Paris de Paris. Elle commence 19, avenue Montaigne et se termine 24, avenue George-V.HistoireLa rue du Boccador a été ouverte en 1881. Située dans le quartier François-I, elle a reçu sa dénomination en 1883 en l'honneur de l'architecte Dominique de Cortone dit le Boccador (1465-1549).Sous l'Occupation, une grande partie des immeubles de la rue fut rachetée par l'affairiste Michel Szkolnikoff, qui avait fait fortune dans le marché noir avec l'armée allemande. Placés sous séquestre à la Libération, ils furent revendus entre 1947 et 1948 au profit de l'État.Bâtiments détruits 1 : Hôtel de Deschamps, construit en 1896. « Au 1 s'ouvre l'hôtel Goury du Roslan, dont les fenêtres donnent sur l'avenue Montaigne. Un syndicat commercial, un armateur et des services de la radio-télévision française se partagent aujourd'hui les locaux de ce qui fut avant la guerre le siège de l'Action française. »

Ambassade de Norvège en France
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
28 rue Bayard
Paris, France 75008

0153670400

L'ambassade de Norvège en France est la représentation diplomatique du Royaume de Norvège auprès de la République française. Elle est sise au 28 rue Bayard, dans le arrondissement de Paris, la capitale française. L'ambassadeur actuellement en poste est, depuis 2014,.RéférencesDans le Journal officiel de la République française (JORF), sur Légifrance ou Gallica :Autres références :Voir aussiArticles connexes Ministère des Affaires étrangères norvégien Ambassade de France en Norvège Relations entre la France et la NorvègeLien externe Site de l'ambassade de Norvège en France

富兰克林·罗斯福大街
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Avenue Franklin Roosevelt
Paris, France 75008

富兰克林·罗斯福大街(Avenue Franklin-D.-Roosevelt)是巴黎第八区的一条街道,以美国总统富兰克林·德拉诺·罗斯福命名。该路南起塞纳河上的荣军院桥(pont des Invalides)经过弗朗索瓦一世街和加拿大广场(place du Canada),在大约中点与香榭丽舍大街交汇于香榭丽舍圆环(rond-point des Champs-Élysées-Marcel-Dassault),经过教堂(Église Saint-Philippe-du-Roule),波艾蒂街(rue La Boétie),止于圣奥诺雷郊区街。该路南段有建于1900年的巴黎大皇宫(Grand Palais)。参考资料 Jacques Hillairet, Dictionnaire historique des rues de Paris, p. 555 Félix de Rochegude, Promenades dans toutes les rues de Paris. VIII arrondissement, Paris, Hachette, 1910 Avenue Franklin Roosevelt sur le site Mon village : le faubourg du Roule et ses environs (consulté le 27 décembre 2008)

Rue Pierre Charron, Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
54 Rue Pierre Charron
Paris, France

Rue Pierre Charron is a street in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, near Avenue Montaigne high-fashion district.HistoryThis street was once part of a unique rue de Morny that extended until the Place d'Iéna. Already with its present name, its section between the avenue George V and the abovementioned place was renamed avenue Pierre 1er de Serbie in 1918.Present namePierre Charron (1541–1603) was a French philosopher, author of Traité de la Sagesse (Treatise on Wisdom), and a friend of fellow philosopher Montaigne after whom the nearby avenue Montaigne is named.Closest Métro stationThe Rue Pierre Charron empties into the avenue des Champs-Elysées about midway between métro line 1 stations George V and Franklin D. Roosevelt. Also nearby are metro line 9's Saint-Philippe du Roule (to the north) and Alma-Marceau (to the south).

Ambassade d'Israël à Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
3 Rue Rabelais
Paris, France 75008

L'ambassade d'Israël en France est la représentation diplomatique de l'État d'Israël auprès de la République française. Elle est située 3 rue Rabelais, dans le arrondissement de Paris, la capitale du pays. Son ambassadeur est, depuis 2015, Aliza Bin-Noun.HistoireL'ambassade est installée à son adresse actuelle depuis 1973 ; elle se trouvait auparavant au 143 avenue de Wagram, au croisement avec la rue Ampère, dans le arrondissement. La place sur laquelle donnait l'ambassade a pris le nom de place d'Israël en 1960.Le 23 mai 2002, une grande partie de l'ambassade a été détruite par un incendie accidentel à la suite duquel les locaux ont été entièrement rénovés, les murs des bureaux étant réalisés en pierre de Jérusalem. On peut également y admirer plusieurs répliques de mosaïques antiques dont celle de la synagogue Shalom Al Yisrael de Jéricho qui figure en bonne place dans le hall d'entrée. La rénovation a été menée par les architectes David Knafo et Tagit Klimor.

Ambassade d'Israël en France
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
3 Rue Rabelais
Paris, France 75008

0623212816

L'ambassade d'Israël en France est la représentation diplomatique de l'État d'Israël auprès de la République française. Elle est située 3 rue Rabelais, dans le 8e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, la capitale du pays. Son ambassadeur est, depuis 2015, Aliza Bin-Noun.HistoireL'ambassade est installée à son adresse actuelle depuis 1973 ; elle se trouvait auparavant au 143 avenue de Wagram, au croisement avec la rue Ampère, dans le 17e arrondissement de Paris. La place sur laquelle donnait l'ambassade a pris le nom de place d'Israël en 1960.Le 23 mai 2002, une grande partie de l'ambassade a été détruite par un incendie accidentel à la suite duquel les locaux ont été entièrement rénovés, les murs des bureaux étant réalisés en pierre de Jérusalem. On peut également y admirer plusieurs répliques de mosaïques antiques dont celle de la synagogue Shalom Al Yisrael de Jéricho qui figure en bonne place dans le hall d'entrée. La rénovation a été menée par les architectes David Knafo et Tagit Klimor.

Rue Montaigne
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Lycée montaigne
Paris, France

Rue Montaigne est lun odonyme dans plusieurs villes française : rue Montaigne à Cannes ; rue Montaigne à Lille ; à Paris, elle porte désormais le nom de rue Jean-Mermoz, et ne doit pas être confondue avec l'avenue Montaigne ; rue Montaigne à Marseille rue Montaigne à Rennes ; rue Montaigne à Vannes.

Fouquet's
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
avenue des champs élysées
Paris, France 75008

Le Fouquet's est le nom de trois cafés-restaurants. Usuellement, il désigne le restaurant de l'avenue des Champs-Élysées à Paris mais trois autres Fouquet's se trouvent également à Cannes, à Toulouse et à Marrakech.HistoriqueLe Fouquet's Paris a été créé en 1899, rénové en 1999, sa salle de restaurant est classée à l'inventaire des monuments historiques. Le bâtiment comprend aussi l'Hôtel Fouquet's Barrière. Les deux établissements appartiennent au groupe Lucien Barrière.Le Fouquet's est célèbre dans le milieu du cinéma français. Il abrite chaque année le déjeuner des nommés quelques semaines avant la cérémonie des César du cinéma, ainsi qu'une fête avec de nombreuses personnalités du cinéma après la cérémonie. Il abrite également un nombre d'évènements et de prix artistiques comme le Prix Anges & Démons du scénario.Ce restaurant centenaire a pourtant failli disparaître en 1992: le propriétaire koweitien des murs avait alors donné congé au restaurateur, pour pouvoir ouvrir une galerie marchande ou de peinture. Jack Lang, alors ministre de la culture, décida alors de faire classer la salle de restaurant du Fouquet's aux monuments historiques.

Voyancedecouvrezvotreavenir
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
champ
Paris, France 75000

Danish House in Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
142 avenue des Champs-Elysées
Paris, France 75008

La Maison du Danemark est un institut culturel promouvant le Danemark à Paris, qui fut inauguré en 1955 au 142 avenue des Champs-Élysées dans le 8e arrondissement de Paris.Le bâtimentAu, à l’emplacement de la Maison du Danemark, se trouvait un parc d’attractions, le jardin Beaujon, connu surtout pour ses feux d’artifice et vols en montgolfière.Au début du, à cet emplacement, fut édifié un hôtel particulier de quatre étages, l'hôtel Subiran, constitué d'une maison principale donnant sur les Champs-Élysées, une grande cour intérieure et deux pavillons donnant sur la rue Lord-Byron.ConstructionL'idée de créer une maison danoise à l'étranger naît à l'occasion de l'exposition universelle de Bruxelles en 1935. L’architecte participe à cette exposition avec ses pavillons danois.L'État danois acquiert le terrain en 1948, démolit l'hôtel Subiran sur l'initiative de Johannes Kjærbøl, ministre danois du Logement, et fait construire la Maison du Danemark dans le but de promouvoir l'industrie, l'agriculture et la culture danoises. La première pierre est posée le 23 septembre 1952 par Erik Eriksen, Premier ministre danois, en présence de Robert Schumann, ministre français des Affaires étrangères, et de la fanfare de la garde de Tivoli. Une partie des fonds pour la construction de la nouvelle Maison est recueillie à l'occasion d'une exposition franco-danoise à Copenhague en 1950, ainsi que par une loterie de la colonie danoise en France. Le coût total de la Maison revient à 6,7 millions de couronnes danoises.

PARIS LA NUIT
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, France

Agenda des plus belles soirées de la capitale ! Anecdotes en tout genre... Photos de notre si belle ville !... Un peu d'tout quoi !!!

Place Charles de Gaulle
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, France 75008

The Place Charles de Gaulle, historically known as the Place de l'Étoile, is a large road junction in Paris, France, the meeting point of twelve straight avenues (hence its historic name, which translates as "Square of the Star") including the Champs-Élysées. It was renamed in 1970 following the death of General and President Charles de Gaulle. It is still often referred to by its original name, and the nearby metro station retains the designation Charles de Gaulle – Étoile.Paris Axe historique ("historical axis") cuts through the Arc de Triomphe, which stands at the centre of the Place de l'Étoile.HistoryThe original name of the area was the Butte Chaillot . At the time it was the point of convergence of several hunting trails. The Marquis de Marigny constructed monumental roadworks, completed in 1777, on the mound when he was establishing the plantations along the Champs Élysées. This work included paving of the road in the form of a star, as it still exists today. The junction became known as the Place de l'Étoile. There is no pedestrian access to the Arc de Triomphe from any of the twelve avenues as there is constant movement of automobile traffic on and around the road junction, but an underpass is accessible to the Arc de Triomphe.In 1787, during the construction of the Farmers-General Wall, la Barrière de l'Étoile was built to the design of Claude Nicolas Ledoux for the collection of the octroi tax at the entrance to Paris. The wall and the two buildings built on either side of the Place de l'Étoile were demolished in the nineteenth century.

Place de l'Étoile (homonymie)
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Charles de Gaulle
Paris, France 75008

La place Charles-de-Gaulle, anciennement place de l’Étoile, est une place située à Paris, à la limite de trois arrondissements. Encore très connue sous son ancien nom, elle est officiellement rebaptisée le en l'honneur de Charles de Gaulle quelques jours après sa mort. Au centre de cette place se trouve l'Arc de triomphe.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Charles de Gaulle - Étoile.HistoireLa place Charles-de-Gaulle est située sur la butte-témoin de l'Étoile, telle qu'elle apparaît sur la carte d'État-Major des Environs de Paris de 1818-1824. Marigny eut le projet d'aplanir la butte en même temps qu'il faisait replanter en ligne les Champs-Élysées. Les travaux, considérables, furent terminés en 1777. Le pavage de la place représente aussi une étoile.Le nom d'Étoile est ancien et indique une convergence de routes ; ce qui s'appelle aujourd'hui la place de l'Étoile est au un carrefour de chasse.En 1787, lors de la construction du mur des Fermiers généraux, la barrière de l'Étoile (encore appelée barrière de Neuilly) est aménagée sur les dessins de Claude-Nicolas Ledoux pour encaisser l'octroi à l'entrée de Paris. Deux bâtiments encadraient la barrière et sont aujourd'hui disparus. La barrière marquait la limite de Paris et de son ancien arrondissement (1795-1859) correspondant à l'actuel arrondissement et à la partie ouest de l'actuel arrondissement.

Boulevard Haussmann
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Boulevard Haussmann
Paris, France 75008

Boulevard Haussmann, long from the 8th to the 9th arrondissement, is one of the wide tree-lined boulevards created in Paris by Napoleon III, under the direction of his Prefect of the Seine, Baron Haussmann.The Boulevard Haussmann is mostly lined with apartment blocks, whose regulated cornice height gives a pleasing eyeline to the Boulevard. The department stores Galeries Lafayette and Au Printemps are sited on this street.From 1906 to 1919, the novelist Marcel Proust (1871–1922) lived at No. 102. There, in his cork-lined bedroom (now on display in the Carnavalet Museum), he wrote the major part of À la recherche du temps perdu. Alan Bates starred in 102 Boulevard Haussmann, a 1990 play written by Alan Bennett.At 158 there is the Musée Jacquemart-André.The Impressionist and patron of other artists Gustave Caillebotte (1848–1894) painted the Boulevard in many different lights as the days and seasons changed.Marks & Spencer, the British department store chain, opened a store on Boulevard Haussmann in 1975 when it opened its first overseas stores.