EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas, Paris | Tourist Information


252 rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, France 75005


The Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas is a church in Paris, France in the 5th Arrondissement at the corner of Rue Saint-Jacques and the Rue de l'Abbé de l'Épée. The church has been registered as a historical monument since 4 June 1957.OriginsThe land on which the church is built was obtained oround 1180 by Hospitaller brothers originating from Altopascio, near Lucca, Italy. In 1360 the brothers built a simple chapel. Despite the suppression of their order by Pope Pius II in 1459, some brothers decided to remain. At that time the land around them was fields and meadows with a few low peasant houses and some religious institutions.In 1572 Catherine de' Medici decided to use the site as home for a group of Benedictine monks who had been expelled from their abbey of Saint-Magloire. The relics of St. Magloire of Dol and his disciples had been transported to Paris by Hugh Capet in 923, when the Normans attacked Brittany. The relics were transferred to the hospital, which became a monastery. In 1620, the seminary of the Oratorians under Pierre de Bérulle, the first seminar in France, replaced the Benedictines. It was known as the seminary of Saint-Magloire. Jean de La Fontaine stayed there as a novice.Initial constructionThe surrounding population increased and the faithful became accustomed to pray in the chapel of the Benedictines. The monks found themselves inconvenienced and demanded the departure of the lay people. In 1582 the bishop then gave permission for construction of a church adjoining the monastery of Saint-Magloire. A small church was built in 1584, serving the parishes of Saint-Hippolyte, Saint-Benoît and Saint-Médard. In this church the choir was oriented eastward, backing onto the rue Saint-Jacques. The church was entered through the monastery cemetery. A cemetery was opened in 1584 beside the original chapel, along today's rue de l’Abbé-de-l’Épée. It was closed in 1790. The original gallery organ was made by Vincent Coupeau, an organist of the parish, and was installed in 1628.

Catholic Church Near Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas

Eglise Sainte Anne de la Butte-aux-Cailles
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
188, rue de Tolbiac
Paris, 75013

01 45 89 34 73

Eglise D Alesia
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
85 rue d'Alésia
Paris, 75014

Saint-Pierre-de-Montrouge
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
82 avenue de general Leclerc
Paris, 75014

Saint-Pierre-de-Montrouge is a 19th-century church in Paris, in the Petit-Montrouge quarter of the XIVe arrondissement.It was built from 1863, during Hausmann's redesign of the city, by Joseph Auguste Émile Vaudremer, the architect charged with designing the 14e arrondissement. It occupies a triangular site bounded by the Avenue du Maine and the avenue du général-Leclerc, and its bell-tower faces the quarter's central square.

Paroisse Ste Rosalie
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
50 Boulevard Auguste Blanqui
Paris, 75013

Eglise Luthérienne De La Trinité
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
172 Boulevard Vincent Auriol
Paris, 75013

Notre-Dame Cathedral
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Place du Parvis Notre-Dame
Paris, 75004

01 42 34 56 10

Église Saint-Marcel
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
82 boulevard de l’Hôpital
Paris, 75013

01 47 07 27 43

Eglise Saint-Médard
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
141 Rue Mouffetard
Paris, 75005

01 44 08 87 00

파리한인성당
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
15 BOSSONADE 75014 PARIS
Paris, 75014

+33 1 43 20 37 94

Paroisse Saint Médard - Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
141 rue Mouffetard
Paris, 75005

+33 (0)144088700

L'église construite entre le XIIIe siècle (clocher) et le XVIIIème siècle. Elle a été classée "monument historique" en 1906. http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89glise_Saint-M%C3%A9dard_de_Paris

Centre Catholique Japonais de Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
4, Bld Edgar-Quinet
Paris, 75014

09 53 86 74 29

パリ日本人カトリックセンターは、パリのカトリック教会に属する機関です。1973年の創立以来、担当司祭またはシスターを置き、カトリック信者のみならず広く一般の皆様に、情報交換・親睦の場としてご利用いただいております。 お茶が飲みたいとき・本を借りに・日本語で話したい・暇なので・・・etc.、 どうぞご遠慮なくお立ち寄りください。意外な出会いや発見があるかも知れません。 また、当センターは以下のような活動も行っています。活動はすべてボランティアによる運営で、どなたでも無料で参加できますし申し込みの必要もありません。まずはちょっとのぞいてみませんか。 

Val-de-Grâce (church)
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 Place Alphonse Laveran
Paris, 75005

Notre-Dame du Val-de-Grâce, connue populairement comme l'église du Val-de-Grâce, est une église de style classique baroque français originellement destinée à être l'église de l'abbaye royale du Val-de-Grâce située dans le arrondissement de Paris, place Alphonse Laveran.Les bâtiments de l'ancienne abbaye accueillent aujourd'hui le musée du service de santé des armées, la bibliothèque centrale du Service de santé des armées, et l'École du Val-de-Grâce, anciennement École d'Application du Service de Santé des Armées (EASSA). Le même îlot militaire comprend l'hôpital d'instruction des armées du Val-de-Grâce, situé sur l'ancien potager de l'abbaye.

Paris International Seventh Day Adventist Church
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
24 rue Pierre Nicole
Paris, 75005

Eglise Notre Dame Des Champs
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
187 boul.iberville
Paris, 75006

Paroisse Notre-Dame des Champs, Église catholique
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
91 Boulevard du Montparnasse
Paris, 75006

01 40 64 19 64

Lycée Notre Dame de Sion
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
61 Rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs
Paris, 75006

01 44 32 06 70

Paroisse Notre Dame du Liban à PARIS
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
15-17 rue d'Ulm
Paris, 75005

+33 1 43 29 47 60

Historique Le culte maronite a été autorisé en France par arrêté du 1e septembre 1892. Dès lors, la chapelle du petit Luxembourg est mise à la disposition de la communauté maronite en Île-de-France. Jusqu'en 1915, les autorités françaises et le représentant du patriarche recherchent de concert un lieu de culte adapté aux besoins de la communauté. Dans le sillage de la séparation de l'Église et de l'État arrêtée en 1905, les pères jésuites de l'école Sainte Geneviève à Paris ont dû abandonner la chapelle de leur école et toute leur structure éducative s'était ensuite établie à Versailles rue des postes (Ginette). En 1915, l'ancienne chapelle de l'école Sainte Geneviève des pères jésuites à Paris est affectée au culte maronite. Elle est inaugurée le 16 juillet de cette même année sous le patronage de Notre Dame du Liban. Construite par le célèbre architecte ASTRUC dans un style néogothique, la chapelle est dotée d'une série de vitraux œuvre du maître verrier Émile HIRSCH. Les huit verrières du fond et la rosace restent cependant en verre losangé. Elle est inaugurée le 13 mai 1894, veille de la Pentecôte. En 1937, le gouvernement français et le patriarcat créent autour de l'église la fondation du foyer franco-libanais. Le 8 décembre 1963, le patriarche MEOUCHI inaugure les nouveaux locaux du foyer franco-libanais. Le 25 octobre 1990, commencent la réfection de la toiture et le projet de rénovation de l'église dont la majeure partie sera réalisée entre octobre 1991 et mai 1993. Les huit verrières du fond et la rosace sont garnies de vitraux. Les verrières ont été exécutées par les maîtres verriers Christiane et Philippe ANDRIEUX et la rosace, inspirée de Notre-Dame de Kannoubine, est l'œuvre de Marie-Jo et Yves GUEYEL. Entre 2010 et 2011, la fondation met à neuf les quatre façades extérieures, les chéneaux, la charpente et les vitraux.

Église Notre Dame Du Liban À Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
17 rue d'Ulm
Paris, 75005

Academia Christiana
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
14, rue Gay-Lussac
Paris, 75005

+33640389614

Nos valeurs : • Honnêteté intellectuelle • Recherche de la vérité • Combativité • Esthétique • Soucis d’être compris • Apostolat • Cohérence • Soucis de l’âme • Convivialité

Panthéon
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place du Panthéon
Paris, 75005

01 44 32 18 00

The Panthéon is a building in the Latin Quarter in Paris. It was originally built as a church dedicated to St. Genevieve and to house the reliquary châsse containing her relics but, after many changes, now functions as a secular mausoleum containing the remains of distinguished French citizens. It is an early example of neoclassicism, with a façade modeled on the Pantheon in Rome, surmounted by a dome that owes some of its character to Bramante's Tempietto. Located in the 5th arrondissement on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, the Panthéon looks out over all of Paris. Designer Jacques-Germain Soufflot had the intention of combining the lightness and brightness of the Gothic cathedral with classical principles, but its role as a mausoleum required the great Gothic windows to be blocked.HistoryKing Louis XV vowed in 1744 that if he recovered from his illness he would replace the ruined church of the Abbey of St Genevieve with an edifice worthy of the patron saint of Paris. He did recover, and entrusted Abel-François Poisson, marquis de Marigny with the fulfillment of his vow. In 1755, Marigny commissioned Jacques-Germain Soufflot to design the church, with construction beginning two years later.

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, 75005

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of Saint Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.HistoryThe church of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont originated in the abbey of Sainte-Genevieve, where the eponymous saint had been buried in the 6th century. Devoted to the Virgin Mary, then to St. John the Apostle, the place was too small to accommodate all the faithful. In 1222, Pope Honorius III authorized the establishment of an autonomous church, which was devoted this time to St Etienne, then the patron saint of the old cathedral of Paris.

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, 75005

L'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont est une église située sur la montagne Sainte-Geneviève, dans le 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, à proximité du lycée Henri-IV et du Panthéon.Remplaçant un édifice du XIIIe siècle, elle est construite à partir de la fin du XVe siècle, et sert de paroisse aux habitants du quartier situé autour de l'abbaye Sainte-Geneviève. Le chantier, commencé par le chevet et le clocher en 1491, est achevé par la façade en 1624.Après avoir été brièvement transformée en temple de la Piété filiale sous la Révolution française, elle est rendue à ses fonctions d'église paroissiale en 1801 et n'a pas changé d'affectation depuis.La châsse de sainte Geneviève, vide de ses reliques depuis la Révolution française, y est conservée. L'église abrite également un orgue dont les origines et le buffet remontent aux années 1630. Elle est la dernière église parisienne où l'on peut encore voir un jubé.

Paroisse Saint-Etienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, 75005

Eglise Saint-Ephrem Concerts musique classique Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
17 rue des Carmes
Paris, 75005

0142509618

Située dans le Centre Historique de Paris, l'église Catholique Syriaque Saint-Ephrem (Chrétiens d'Orient) dont l'acoustique est remarquable, accueille régulièrement des concerts dans le but de promouvoir de jeunes musiciens talentueux en début de carrière. Tous ces artistes sont diplômés du Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique de Paris ou de grandes écoles européennes. Parmi eux, nombreux sont lauréats de concours nationaux ou internationaux. Réservations : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php English : Church St-Ephrem Between the Boulevard Saint Germain and the Pantheon. Located in the historical heart of Paris, the Church of saint Ephrem with its outstanding acoustics is a regular venue for concerts of classical music. Recitals are given by talented young musicians, all from the National Conservatory of Music of Paris. Concerts by Candlelight. Booking : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php Deutsch : Kirche St-Ephrem Zwischen Boulevard Saint Germain und Pantheon. Die im historischen Stadtzentrum von Paris gelegene, Kirche Saint-Ephrem mit ihrer hervorragenden Akustik, veranstaltet regelmässig Konzerte klassischer Musik. Diese werden von jungen Talenten der Pariser Musikhochschule gegeben. Konzerte bei Kerzenlicht. Reservierung : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php Español : Iglesia St-Ephrem Entre el Bulevar Saint Germain y el Pantheon. Situada en el Casco Historico de Paris, la iglesia St Ephrem cuya acustica llama la atencion, acoge regularmente conciertos de musica clasica. Los recitales los dan Jovenes Talentos que provienen todos del Conservatorio Nacional Superior de Musica de Paris. Conciertos a las candelas. Reservas : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php Italiano : Chiesa St-Ephrem Tra il Boulevard Saint Germain ed il Pantheon. Situata nel Centro Storico di Parigi la Chiesa Saint Ephrem dotata di un’ eccelente acustica accoglie regolarmente concerti di musica classica. I recital sono eseguiti da Giovani Talenti tutti provenienti dal Conservatorio Nazionale Superiore di Musica di Parigi. Concerti alle candele. Prenotazioni : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php

Eglise Saint Ephrem Le Syriaque
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
17 Rue des Carmes
Paris, 75005

Chapelle Saint Vincent De Paul
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
95 Rue des Sevres
Paris, 75006

Chapel of Miraculous Medal, Rue de Bac, Paris
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
140 rue de Bac, 7e
Paris,

01 49 54 78 88

Eglise Saint Ignace
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
33 rue de Sèvres, 75006 PARIS
Paris,

Landmark Near Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas

La Santé Prison
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
42 rue de la Santé
Paris, France 75014

La Santé Prison is a prison operated by the Ministry of Justice located in the east of the Montparnasse district of the 14th arrondissement in Paris, France at 42 Rue de la Santé. It is one of the most famous prisons in France, with both VIP and high security wings.Along with the Fleury-Mérogis Prison and the Fresnes Prison, both located in the southern suburbs, La Santé is one of the three main prisons of the Paris area.HistoryThe architect Joseph Auguste Émile Vaudremer built the prison, which was inaugurated on 20 August 1867.The prison is located on the site of a former "Coal market" and replaced the Madelonnettes Convent in the 3rd Arrondissement which had been used as a prison since the Revolution. Previously, on the same site, was a "maison de la santé" (House of health), built on the orders' of Anne of Austria and transferred in 1651 to what is now the Sainte-Anne Hospital (in the south).Initially, there were 500 cells which was increased to 1,000 in 1900 following the closure of the Paris Grande Roquette prison in 1899. The cells are 4 metres long, 2.5m wide and 3m high. The prison has a total capacity of up to 2,000 prisoners divided into 14 divisions.In 1899, following the closure and demolition of the Grande Roquette prison the convicts were transferred to La Santé to await transfer to prison in Guyana or execution.

Paris Observatory
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
61 avenue de l'Observatoire
Paris, France 75014

01 40 51 22 21

The Paris Observatory is the foremost astronomical observatory of France, and one of the largest astronomical centers in the world. Its historic building is to be found on the Left Bank of the Seine in central Paris, but most of the staff works on a satellite campus in the Meudon suburb of Paris.ConstitutionAdministratively, it is a grand établissement of the French Ministry of National Education, with a status close to that of a public university. Its missions include: research in astronomy and astrophysics; education (four graduate programs, Ph.D. studies); diffusion of knowledge to the public. It maintains a solar observatory at Meudon and a radio astronomy observatory at Nançay. It was also the home to the International Time Bureau until its dissolution in 1987.HistoryIts foundation lies in the ambitions of Jean-Baptiste Colbert to extend France's maritime power and international trade in the 17th century. Louis XIV promoted its construction, which was started in 1667 and completed in 1671. It thus predates by a few years the Royal Greenwich Observatory in England, which was founded in 1675. The architect of the Paris Observatory was Claude Perrault whose brother, Charles, was secretary to Colbert and superintendent of public works. Optical instruments were supplied by Giuseppe Campani. The buildings were extended in 1730, 1810, 1834, 1850, and 1951. The last extension incorporates the spectacular Meridian Room designed by Jean Prouvé.

Cabinet D'hypnose Ericksonienne
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
131-133, rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

0613505828

Bonjour, J'ai le plaisir de vous annoncer l'ouverture de mon cabinet d'Hypnose Eriksonienne début septembre, au 131-133, rue Mouffetard PARIS 5ème, sur rendez-vous uniquement. Je suis Diplômé PRATICIEN en HYPNOSE ERICKSONIENNE et PRATICIEN en Programmation Neuro-Linguistique de L'IFHE, Institut Français d'Hypnose Ericksonienne à Paris. Chaque individu est unique. Durant une séance d'hypnose le patient reste le principal acteur de son changement. Le nombre de séance varie d'une personne à l'autre, pour certains une à deux séances suffisent pour d'autres plus. Chaque séance dure entre une heure et une heure trente. L'hypnose permet de développer la confiance en soi, retrouver ses valeurs profondes et vivre avec elles, affirmer sa personnalité dans toute son authenticité. C'est un outil efficace qui permet avant tout de donner à votre vie une dynamique positive, dans la direction que vous souhaitez prendre. L'hypnose est une source infinie de changements et de transformations. Afin d'optimiser ses ressources, changer certains comportements (arrêt du tabac) développer ses capacités, reprendre de l'énergie, améliorer son sommeil, développer sa concentration, augmenter ses performances sportives, mieux gérer le stress, diminuer la douleur, être plus épanoui, perdre du poids, vous libérer de vos blessures, être totalement vous même et avancer dans la vie avec plus de liberté, de confort et de maitrise. Je me ferai un plaisir de vous accompagner. Alexandre Boussat Bolla / 06 13 50 58 28

Val-de-Grâce (church)
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
1 Place Alphonse Laveran
Paris, France 75005

Notre-Dame du Val-de-Grâce, connue populairement comme l'église du Val-de-Grâce, est une église de style classique baroque français originellement destinée à être l'église de l'abbaye royale du Val-de-Grâce située dans le arrondissement de Paris, place Alphonse Laveran.Les bâtiments de l'ancienne abbaye accueillent aujourd'hui le musée du service de santé des armées, la bibliothèque centrale du Service de santé des armées, et l'École du Val-de-Grâce, anciennement École d'Application du Service de Santé des Armées (EASSA). Le même îlot militaire comprend l'hôpital d'instruction des armées du Val-de-Grâce, situé sur l'ancien potager de l'abbaye.

Rue Mouffetard
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

Rue Mouffetard is a street in the 5th arrondissement of Paris, France.Situated in the fifth (cinquième) arrondissement of Paris, Rue Mouffetard is one of Paris's oldest and liveliest neighbourhoods. These days the area has many restaurants, shops, and cafés, and a regular open market. It is centered on the Place de la Contrescarpe, at the junction of the rue Mouffetard and the rue de Lacepede. Its southern terminus is at the Square Saint-Médard where there is a permanent open-air market. At its northern terminus, it becomes the rue Descartes at the crossing of the rue Thouin. It is closed to normal motor traffic much of the week, and is predominantly a pedestrian avenue.Origin of the nameThe rue Mouffetard runs along a flank of the mont Sainte-Geneviève hill that was called "mont Cétarius" or "mont Cetardus" from Roman times; many historians consider "Mouffetard" to be a derivation of this early name. Over the centuries the rue Mouffetard has appeared as rue Montfétard, Maufetard, Mofetard, Moufetard, Mouflard, Moufetard, Moftard, Mostard, and also rue Saint-Marcel, rue du Faubourg Saint-Marceau ("street of the suburb Saint-Marceau") and rue de la Vieille Ville Saint-Marcel ("street of the Old Village Saint-Marcel").HistoryThe origins of this thoroughfare are ancient, dating back to Neolithic times. As with today's rue Galande, rue Lagrange, rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève and rue Descartes, it was a Roman road running from the Roman Rive Gauche city south to Italy.

Théâtre Mouffetard
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
73 rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

01 43 31 11 99

Le Théâtre Mouffetard, situé au 73 rue Mouffetard dans le 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, était un théâtre municipal subventionné par la Ville de Paris. Depuis novembre 2013, il héberge le théâtre de la marionnette à Paris, devenant ainsi la première salle à être consacrée exclusivement à cette discipline, dans la capitale française. Il se nomme désormais Le Mouffetard - Théâtre des arts de la marionnette.Dirigé par Isabelle Bertola, le Mouffetard-Théâtre des arts de la marionnette a pour enjeu de défendre et promouvoir 'les formes contemporaines de théâtre de marionnettes auprès du plus large public possible. Il pense et porte ce théâtre comme un art exigeant, tout à la fois singulier et éclectique du point de vue des techniques : ombres, objets, images, marionnettes à gaine, à fil, anthropomorphes ou formes abstraites, symboliques... Il soutient également l’idée que cette discipline concerne tant les adultes que les plus jeunes.'De la Maison pour tous au Théâtre Mouffetard 1906-1919 : naissance de l'"Université populaire" au 76 rue Mouffetard (emplacement de l'actuelle bibliothèque Mouffetard). 1919 : naissance de la "Maison pour Tous" (même endroit). Lieu de quartier, son champ d'action est l'éducation populaire et culturelle. 1930 : la "Maison pour Tous" est reconnue d'utilité publique. 1950-1978 : la salle polyvalente Mouffetard prend le nom de « Théâtre Mouffetard »" sous la direction de Georges Bilbille. 1980 : ouverture du « Nouveau Théâtre Mouffetard » au 73 rue Mouffetard (emplacement actuel du théâtre). Il est inauguré en 1984. 1983-1992 : direction Anny Murvil 1992-1997 : direction Jean-José Grammond 1997-2003 : direction Armand Blondeau 2003-2012 : avec l'arrivée de Pierre Santini à sa direction, le « Nouveau Théâtre Mouffetard » redevient le « Théâtre Mouffetard ». Novembre 2013 : en partie remis à neuf, il accueille le Théâtre de la marionnette à Paris et devient Le Mouffetard - Théâtre des arts de la marionnettes.

Chimie ParisTech
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
11 rue Pierre et Marie Curie
Paris, France 75005

01 44 27 67 12

Chimie ParisTech is an elite chemical science and engineering college founded in 1896, located in the 5th arrondissement of Paris. It is one of the founding members of ParisTech, and Paris Sciences et Lettres – Quartier latin. The students enter the school after highly competitive exams known as the Concours Communs Polytechniques, following at least two years of classes préparatoires. The school is known as France's most selective chemical engineering collegeThe school is a research center hosting nine laboratories which conduct high level research in various fields of chemistry.HistoryThe École nationale supérieure de chimie de Paris was founded in 1896 by Charles Friedel, a chemist and mineralogist who headed the school until 1899. At the time, the school was called the Laboratoire de chimie pratique et industrielle. It was located in the 6th arrondissement (rue Michelet), where it stayed until 1923.After the death of Friedel, Henri Moissan took the reins of the school. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for chemistry in 1906, while he was director. Moissan made student admission subject to competitive exams and renamed the school Institut de chimie appliquée (Institute of Applied Chemistry).

Institut océanographique de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
195 Rue Saint Jacques
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 44 32 10 80

L’Institut océanographique de Paris, rebaptisé Maison des océans et de la biodiversité en 2011, est une institution fondée en 1906 par Albert , prince de Monaco, qui comprend également le Musée océanographique de Monaco.HistoireLe siège de l’Institut océanographique à Paris fut officiellement inauguré le, par le prince Albert et par le président de la république française, Armand Fallières. Le bâtiment de l’Institut est inscrit aux monuments historiques depuis un arrêté du.Il se situe dans le arrondissement de Paris, aux abords du Quartier latin, au croisement des rues Saint-Jacques et rue Gay-Lussac, dans le « Campus Curie » qui regroupe d’autres institutions scientifiques, ancien domaine du couvent des Dames de Saint Michel, acquis par l’université de Paris avec le concours de l’État, de la ville de Paris et de SAS le prince Albert de Monaco, à qui l’université en l’inscrivant en tant que membre bienfaiteur lui céda un terrain de pour y bâtir le siège de la Fondation « Institut océanographique ».Pionnier de l’océanographie, Albert, veut, selon ses propres termes, en être le « propagateur ». Au retour de chacune de ses campagnes, le Prince Albert en présente les principaux résultats aux auditoires les plus qualifiés : Académie des sciences de Paris, dont il est élu membre, Société de biologie, Société zoologique de France, sociétés de géographie qui connaissent alors leur âge d’or dans toute l’Europe… et les universités populaires l’accueillent à plusieurs reprises.

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of Saint Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.HistoryThe church of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont originated in the abbey of Sainte-Genevieve, where the eponymous saint had been buried in the 6th century. Devoted to the Virgin Mary, then to St. John the Apostle, the place was too small to accommodate all the faithful. In 1222, Pope Honorius III authorized the establishment of an autonomous church, which was devoted this time to St Etienne, then the patron saint of the old cathedral of Paris.

Rue Saint-Jacques, Paris
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, France 75005

0601020304

The Rue Saint-Jacques is a street in the Latin Quarter of Paris which lies along the cardo of Roman Lutetia. The Boulevard Saint-Michel, driven through this old quarter of Paris by Baron Haussmann, relegated the roughly parallel rue Saint-Jacques to a backstreet, but it was a main axial road of medieval Paris, as the buildings that still front it attest. It was the starting point for pilgrims leaving Paris to make their way along the chemin de St-Jacques that led eventually to Santiago de Compostela. The Paris base of the Dominican Order was established in 1218 under the leadership of Pierre Seila in the Chapelle Saint-Jacques, close to the Porte Saint-Jacques, on this street; this is why the Dominicans were called Jacobins in Paris. Johann Heynlin and Guillaume Fichet established the first printing press in France, briefly at the Sorbonne and then on this street, in the 1470s. The second printers in Paris were Peter Kayser and Johann Stohl at the sign of the Soleil d'Or in the Rue Saint-Jacques, from 1473. The proximity of the Sorbonne led many later booksellers and printers to set up shop here also.

Law school
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
12 place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

+33144783310

A law school is an institution specializing in legal education, usually involved as part of a process for becoming a lawyer within a given jurisdiction.

Medici Fountain
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Luxembourg
Paris, France 75006

The Medici Fountain is a monumental fountain in the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 6th arrondissement in Paris. It was built in about 1630 by Marie de' Medici, the widow of King Henry IV of France and regent of King Louis XIII of France. It was moved to its present location and extensively rebuilt in 1864-66.The Italian Influence in Paris in the 17th centuryThe period between the regency of Catherine de' Medici in France (1559–1589) and that of Marie de' Medici (1610–1642) saw a great flourishing of the Italian mannerist style in France, A community of artists from Florence, including the sculptor Francesco Bordoni, who helped design the statue of King Henry IV of France built on the Pont Neuf, and fountain technician Thomas Francini, who had worked on fountains in the new gardens of the Medici villas in Florence and Rome, found eager royal patrons in France. Soon features of the Italian Renaissance garden, such as elaborate fountains and the grotto, a simulated cave decorated with sculpture, appeared in the first Gardens of the French Renaissance at Fontainebleau and other royal residences.

Luxembourg Palace
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, France 75006

The Luxembourg Palace is located at 15 rue de Vaugirard in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. It was originally built (1615–1645) to the designs of the French architect Salomon de Brosse to be the royal residence of the regent Marie de Médicis, mother of Louis XIII of France. After the Revolution it was refashioned (1799–1805) by Jean Chalgrin into a legislative building and subsequently greatly enlarged and remodeled (1835–1856) by Alphonse de Gisors. Since 1958 it has been the seat of the French Senate of the Fifth Republic.Immediately west of the palace on the rue de Vaugirard is the Petit Luxembourg, now the residence of the Senate President; and slightly further west, the Musée du Luxembourg, in the former orangery. On the south side of the palace, the formal Luxembourg Garden presents a 25-hectare green parterre of gravel and lawn populated with statues and large basins of water where children sail model boats.Early historyAfter the death of Henry IV in 1610, his widow, Marie de Médicis, became regent to her son, Louis XIII. Having acceded to a much more powerful position, she decided to erect a new palace for herself, adjacent to an old hôtel particulier owned by François de Luxembourg, Duc de Piney, which is now called the Petit Luxembourg and is the residence of the president of the French Senate.

École Nationale des Chartes
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
65 rue de Richelieu
Paris, France 75005

01 55 42 75 00

The École nationale des chartes is a French grande école which specializes in historical sciences. It was founded in 1821 and was located first at the National Archives, then at the Palais de la Sorbonne (5th arrondissement). In October 2014, it moved to 65 rue de Richelieu (University of Paris II), opposite to the Richelieu-Louvois Site of the National Library of France. The school is administered by the Ministry of National Education, Higher Education and Research. It holds the status of grand établissement. Its students, who are recruited by competitive examination and hold the status of trainee civil servant2, receive the qualification of archivist-paleographer after completing a thesis. They generally go on to follow a career as heritage curators in the archive and visual fields, as library curators or as lecturers and researchers in the human and social sciences. In 2005, the school also introduced Master’s degrees, for which students were recruited based on an application file, and, in 2011, doctorates.

Musée des Collections Historiques de la Préfecture de Police
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
4 Rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

01 44 41 52 50

The Musée des Collections Historiques de la Préfecture de Police, also known as the Musée de la Préfecture de Police, is a museum of police history in the 5th arrondissement of Paris, France. It is located in the Hôtel de police at 4, rue de la Montagne-Sainte-Geneviève. The museum is open daily except Sunday; admission is free.The museum was originally started by prefect Louis Lépine (1846-1933) for the Exposition Universelle (1900), and has gradually grown through subsequent years. It now contains evidence, photographs, letters, memorabilia, and drawings that reflect major events in the history of France (including conspiracies and arrests), famous criminal cases and characters, prisons, and daily life in the capital such as traffic and hygiene. Exhibits include a guillotine, uniforms, the pistol used in the assassination of Paul Doumer, and relics of the World War II occupation including German machine guns and insignias worn by Jews.

École spéciale des travaux publics
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
28 avenue du Président Wilson, Cachan
Paris, France 75005

01 44 41 11 18

L'École spéciale des travaux publics, du bâtiment et de l'industrie est l'une des plus prestigieuses écoles d'ingenieurs en France, et l'une des plus réputées dans le domaine du génie civil. Elle fait partie des 210 écoles d'ingénieurs françaises capables de délivrer un diplôme d'ingénieur.La durée de la scolarité ingénieur est de trois ans après le cursus de classes préparatoires aux grandes écoles ou par admission sur titre. Elle a été fondée en 1891 à Paris dans le arrondissement, entre la rue Thénard et le boulevard Saint-Germain, au cœur du Quartier latin.Le campus de Cachan, érigé en 1905 pour accueillir les laboratoires, est désormais le seul site de l'école depuis la rentrée 2011 à accueillir les élèves en formation d'ingénieur et de techniciens spécialisés « conducteurs de travaux. »L'ESTP Paris forme également des techniciens supérieurs dans le domaine des travaux publics et du bâtiment. L'école, membre du G16+ ainsi que du Pôle Universitaire Paris-Est, est rattachée depuis 1999 à Arts et Métiers Paristech.Fondation de l'écoleNé à Tulle dans un milieu modeste, Léon Eyrolles est reçu en 1882 conducteur des ponts et chaussées. Tout en exerçant ses fonctions dans l’administration, il aide quelques collègues à préparer le concours de conducteur des Ponts et chaussées. L’École des ponts et chaussées est pratiquement le seul établissement d’enseignement supérieur dans le domaine des travaux publics alors que l’époque est aux grands travaux sollicités par la révolution technique (avènement de l'électricité, du téléphone, naissance de l’architecture métallique, du béton armé etc.)

Hôtel de Cluny
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
6, place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France

L'Hôtel de Cluny, situé dans le V arrondissement de Paris (France), au cœur du Quartier latin, est dès le le lieu de résidence des abbés de l'ordre de Cluny enseignant au Collège de Cluny. À partir du, et jusqu'à la Révolution française, il abrite des nonces apostoliques ainsi que des particuliers. En 1843, l'État en fait un musée devenu aujourd'hui le Musée national du Moyen Âge, ou Musée de Cluny.Histoire de l'hôtelL'hôtel des Abbés de ClunyLes bâtiments accueillaient les abbés de l'ordre de Cluny en Bourgogne dès le. À la fin du, le bâtiment construit par Jean III de Bourbon et a été agrandi par Jacques d'Amboise, abbé de Cluny (1485-1510). Les armes d'Amboise, « trois pals alternés d'or et de gueules », ornent les lucarnes ouvragées de la façade ainsi que les gâbles des fenêtres hautes.L'hôtel accueille régulièrement les abbés de Cluny et certains dignitaires importants.La jeune Marie d'Angleterre y est enfermée pendant 40 jours en janvier 1515 pour s'assurer qu'elle ne porte pas d'héritier à la mort de son mari le roi Louis XII de France, ainsi la couronne passe à son cousin, le futur roi François . Le 3 mars 1515, Marie y épouse secrètement et sans le consentement de son frère le roi Henri VIII, son favori, Charles Brandon, duc de Suffolk.

Cordeliers Convent
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'Ecole-de-Médecine
Paris, France 75006

01 40 51 10 00

The Cordeliers Convent was a convent in Paris, France.It gave its name to the Club of the Cordeliers, which held its first meetings there during the French Revolution.Cordeliers was the name given in France to the Franciscan Observantists.The building now houses the Dupuytren Museum of anatomy in connection with the school of medicine.Burials at the conventMarie of Brabant, Queen of FranceArthur II, Duke of BrittanyBlanche of France, Infanta of Castile

Musée National du Moyen Âge
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, France 75005

Place Saint-Sulpice
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Sulpice
Paris, France 75006

La place Saint-Sulpice est une place du arrondissement de Paris.HistoireLors de la construction de la façade actuelle de l'église Saint-Sulpice au, l'architecte Giovanni Niccolo Servandoni prévoit la création d'une place monumentale en demi-cercle, de de large sur de long. Ce projet n'est pas réalisé mais un espace prolongeant le parvis est débuté en 1757. En 1767, un emprunt est souscrit par la ville après autorisation du roi pour entreprendre les expropriations et les travaux d'aménagement.Au, plusieurs plans sont proposés pour achever la place. Un plan adopté par le ministre de l'Intérieur le 26 thermidor An VIII (14 août 1800), confirmé par un arrêté des consuls du 16 vendémiaire an IX (8 octobre 1800) prévoit une place semi-circulaire qui doit être réalisé dans un délai de six ans. Un arrêté du 25 juin 1806 annule ce plan et prévoit cette fois une place rectangulaire dont le plan est approuvé par le ministre de l'intérieur le 19 octobre 1806. Un nouveau plan, prévoyant une place rectangulaire aux dimensions plus importantes, est adopté le 19 juillet 1808. Une décision ministérielle du 20 décembre 1810 prévoit que la place Saint-Sulpice soit portée jusqu'à la rue du Pot-de-Fer (actuelle rue Bonaparte). Un décret du 24 février 1811 ordonne l'achèvement de cette place dans le courant de la même année. Les dispositions arrêtées en 1810 ont été confirmées par une décision ministérielle du 9 mai 1812. La place est en partie aménagée à l'emplacement de l'ancien séminaire Saint-Sulpice, construit au.En 1838, la place est nivelée et plantée d'arbres. De 1843 à 1848, la fontaine Saint-Sulpice est érigée au centre de la place par l'architecte Louis Visconti.