L’église Saint-Augustin est une église du arrondissement de Paris construite entre 1860 et 1871.HistoireL’église a été construite entre 1860 et 1871, dans le quartier de la Petite Pologne, actuellement place Saint-Augustin dans le arrondissement de Paris. Au moment du Second Empire ce quartier change avec un afflux démographique entrainant une construction d’immeubles. Le préfet Haussmann va faire tracer de larges avenues rectilignes. Les carrefours appellent des édifices prestigieux.Au mois de janvier 1867, l'abbé Langénieux était transféré à la cure de l'Église Saint-Augustin. Ce quartier neuf de la capitale voyait s'élever sur ses larges boulevards, autour de l'église, de style original, alors en construction, les luxueuses demeures d'une société aristocratique. Il accélère la marche des travaux de l'église, fait construire le vaste presbytère où le curé et vingt vicaires trouvent une habitation simple, mais commode et bien aménagée.Napoléon III décida que la crypte de l'église abriterait les sépultures des princes de la famille impériale, celle des empereurs et impératrices devant demeurer en la basilique Saint-Denis.
The Église Saint-Augustin de Paris is a Catholic church located at 46 boulevard Malesherbes in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. The church was designed to provide a prominent vista at the end of the boulevard both of which were built during Haussmann's renovation of Paris under the Second French Empire. The closest métro station is Saint-Augustin 15px 15pxHistoryHaussmann's PlanDuring the reign of Napoleon III in the 1850s and 60s Paris experienced a dramatic transformation under the direction of Georges-Eugène Haussmann. Haussmann cut many boulevards through the crowded, medieval city placing prominent public buildings at the boulevard ends to provide impressive vistas. The boulevard Malesherbes was laid out cutting northwest from La Madeleine. Saint-Augustin, close to the spot where Haussmann was born, was built to provide a counterpoint to the famous columns of La Madeleine at the other end of the boulevard. It was also designed to be visible from the Arc de Triomphe down the avenue de Friedland. The chosen site, an odd shaped lot at the intersection of four streets, and the need for a dome of 200ft so as to be visible from the Arc de Triomphe, dictated unusual proportions for the building. The church was designed by Haussmann's fellow Protestant, architect Victor Baltard who also famously designed Les Halles markets. While Baltard's use of iron in Saint-Augustin's structure is praised for its inventiveness, at least one critic has described the church as, "an eyesore: ridiculously sited, without proportion, crushed beneath an outsized dome." The neighborhood around the church is now one of the most expensive in Paris.
The American Cathedral in Paris, formally known as the Cathedral Church of the Holy Trinity, is the gathering church for the Convocation of Episcopal Churches in Europe, and is part of the worldwide Anglican Communion. The church is located in central Paris between the Champs-Elysées and the River Seine at 23 avenue George V in the 8th arrondissement. The closest métro stations are Alma – Marceau 15px 15px and George V 15px 15pxHistoryThe origins of the American Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, an Episcopal church in Paris, date back to the 1830s when American Episcopalians began to meet together for services in the garden pavilion of the Hôtel Matignon, now the official residence of the French prime minister, then the home of American expatriate Colonel Herman Thorn (1783–1859). In 1859, the formal establishment of a parish took place and in 1864 the first church building was consecrated on Rue Bayard.It was in the 1870s that John B. Morgan, who was a cousin of J. P. Morgan, became the rector of Holy Trinity Parish. He decided that the congregation needed a larger church and began a fund-raising effort which was successful in raising the money needed. The site that was purchased for construction is on Avenue George V (then called Avenue d'Alma) and was originally part of the estate of the half-brother of Emperor Napoléon III, the Duc de Morny. The plans were approved in October, 1882 and construction was completed in less than four years. The church had its inaugural services in September, 1886.
La basilique Sainte-Clotilde-et-Sainte-Valère est une basilique de l'Église catholique romaine située 23 bis, rue Las Cases dans le arrondissement de Paris, l'une des cinq basiliques mineures de Paris, élevée au rang de basilique mineure par le pape Léon XIII en 1897.HistoireElle a été construite entre 1846 et 1857 par François-Christian Gau, puis par Théodore Ballu, l'architecte de la Trinité, après la mort du premier en 1853. L'église est dédiée à sainte Clotilde ainsi qu'à sainte Valérie (vierge et martyre de Limoges).En 1897, à l'occasion du quatorzième centenaire du baptême de Clovis (dont la deuxième femme fut sainte Clotilde), l'église a été élevée à la dignité de « basilique mineure » par le pape Léon XIII.
Madeleine is a station on lines 8, 12 and 14 of the Paris Métro in central Paris and the 8th arrondissement.The station was opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the original section of the Nord-Sud Company's line A between Porte de Versailles and Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. On 27 March 1931 line A became line 12 of the Métro. The line 8 platforms opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of the line between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) and Opéra. The line 14 platforms opened on 15 October 1998 as part of the original section of the line between Madeleine and Bibliothèque François Mitterrand. It was the north-western terminus of Line 14 until its extension to Saint-Lazare in 2003.It is named after the nearby Église de la Madeleine, which was dedicated to Sainte Madeleine in the 18th century. A small settlement had grown up in the district by the 6th century around a stronghold of the Bishop of Paris. It was known from an early date as la Ville-l’Évêque ("Town of the Bishop").
Paroisse Notre Dame de Grace de PassyDistance: 1.0 miTourist Information 10 Rue Annonciation Paris, France 75016
The Church of Saint-Roch is a late Baroque church in Paris, dedicated to Saint Roch. Located at 284 rue Saint-Honoré, in the 1st arrondissement, it was built between 1653 and 1740. The church is organized as a series of chapels. One of them is dedicated to Saint Susanna in memory of the church which used to stand in its place. Accordingly, there is a mural painting above the altar, showing Saint Susanna fleeing her attackers, and looking up to the heavens for the help of God. The Marquis de Sade was married in this church on May 17, 1763.HistoryIn 1521, the tradesman Jean Dinocheau had a chapel built on the outskirts of Paris, which he dedicated to Saint Susanna. In 1577, his nephew Etienne Dinocheau had it extended into a larger church. In 1629, it became the parish church and thereafter underwent further work. The first stone of the church of Saint-Roch was laid by Louis XIV in 1653, accompanied by his mother Anne of Austria. Originally designed by Jacques Lemercier, the building's construction was halted in 1660 and was resumed in 1701 under the direction of architect Jacques Hardouin-Mansart, brother of the better-known Jules Hardouin-Mansart. Work was finally completed in 1754.At the time of the French Revolution, the church of Saint-Roch was often at the centre of events and was the scene of many shootings which have left their mark on the façade. 13 Vendémiaire was one such occasion, this was pivotal in the rise of Napoleon. It was not only the outside of the church that was damaged. During the Revolution it was ransacked, and many works of art were stolen or destroyed. Amongst the missing paintings was one of Dinocheau, a generous donor, who built the first church on this spot. His portrait, which used to hang in a side chapel, has been found and is now in Italy, in the church of Santa Maria Maggiore in Piedmont. This portrait is currently misidentified as that of Paul Feminis.
Capela Da Medalha MilagrosaDistance: 1.2 miTourist Information 140 Rue du Bac Paris, France 75007
Eglise St Pierre De ChaillotDistance: 0.6 miTourist Information 31 Avenue Marceau Paris, France 75016
Sainte-Clotilde, ParisDistance: 0.8 miTourist Information 23 bis Rue las Cases Paris, France 75007
The Basilica of Saint Clotilde is a basilica church in Paris, located on the Rue Las Cases, in the area of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. It is best known for its imposing twin spires.HistoryConstruction of the church was first mooted by the Paris City Council on February 16, 1827. It was designed by architect F. C. Gau of Cologne in a neo-Gothic style. Work began in 1846, but Gau died in 1853, and the job was continued by Théodore Ballu who completed the church in 1857. It was opened on 30 November 1857 by Cardinal Morlot. The church was declared a minor basilica by Pope Leo XIII in 1896.The Pipe OrganSt. Clotilde is famous for the Aristide Cavaillé-Coll organ (1859, enlarged 1933 and electrified 1962) played by César Franck and the succession of famous composers who have been Organiste titulaire: César Franck 1859-1890 Gabriel Pierné 1890-1898 Charles Tournemire 1898-1939 Joseph-Ermend Bonnal 1942-1944 Jean Langlais 1945-1988 Pierre Cogen and Jacques Taddei 1987-1993 Jacques Taddei 1993-2012 Olivier Penin 2012-
Eglise St Jean Baptiste de GrenelleDistance: 1.2 miTourist Information place Etienne Pernet Paris, France 75015
Historical Place Near Cathedrale Notre Dame De Paris
Il y a tellement à voir et à faire à la tour Eiffel ! Flâner au 1er étage, contempler Paris au 2ème, et faire le plein de sensations au sommet.
Faites de votre expérience sur la Tour un instant unique à partager entre amis ou en famille !
Retrouvez nos suggestions pour enrichir votre visite sur notre site officiel : http://www.tour-eiffel.fr
Emportez toute la tour Eiffel dans votre smartphone grâce à notre guide de visite disponible sur :
- l'AppStore : https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/tour-eiffel-guide-officiel/id484086108
- Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.sete.Eiffel_fr
Réservez une table dans l'un des restaurants de la tour Eiffel : http://www.restaurants-toureiffel.com
There is so much to see and do at the Eiffel Tower! Wander on the 1st floor, contemplate Paris from the 2nd floor and experience new sensations at the top.
Make your experience on the Tower a unique moment to share with friends and family!
Find our suggestions to enhance your visit on our official website: http://www.tour-eiffel.fr
Take all the Eiffel Tower in your smartphone thanks to our visit guide available at:
- the App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/tour-eiffel-guide-officiel/id484086108
- Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=fr.sete.Eiffel_fr
Book a table in one of the restaurants of the Eiffel Tower: http://www.restaurants-toureiffel.com
All respective owners /artists have been contacted
images and graphics used, unless otherwise indicated, have been taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. This material is not presented as our own work, unless noted under the specific post. However, such matters are not always apparent in the free-wheeling world of Internet, in case there is a problem or error with copyrighted material, the breach of the said copyright is never intentional. The material in question will be removed at once upon request with presented proof. If you see any images which you feel should not be here, please private message us immediately and the offending material will be promptly removed.
Grand PalaisDistance: 0.7 miTourist Information 3 Avenue du Général Eisenhower Paris, France 75008
The Grand Palais des Champs-Élysées, commonly known as the Grand Palais, is a large historic site, exhibition hall and museum complex located at the Champs-Élysées in the 8th arrondissement of Paris, France. Construction of the Grand Palais began in 1897 following the demolition of the Palais de l'Industrie as part of the preparation works for the Universal Exposition of 1900, which also included the creation of the adjacent Petit Palais and Pont Alexandre III.The structure was built in the style of Beaux-Arts architecture as taught by the École des Beaux-Arts of Paris. The building reflects the movement's taste for ornate decoration through its stone facades, the formality of its floor planning and the use of techniques that were innovative at the time, such as its glass vault, its structure made of iron and light steel framing, and its use of reinforced concrete.HistoryOne of its pediments calls it a “monument dedicated by the Republic to the glory of French art”, reflecting its original purpose, that of housing the great artistic events of the city of Paris. The competition to choose the architect was fierce and controversial, and ultimately resulted in the contract being awarded to a group of four architects, Henri Deglane, Albert Louvet, Albert Thomas and Charles Girault, each with a separate area of responsibility.
The pont de Bir-Hakeim, formerly the pont de Passy, is a bridge that crosses the Seine River in Paris, France. It connects the city's 15th and 16th arrondissements, and passes through the île aux Cygnes.The bridge, made of steel, is the second to have stood at the site. It was constructed between 1903 and 1905, replacing an earlier bridge that had been erected in 1878. An arch bridge, it is 237 metres (777 ft) long and 24.7 metres (81 ft) wide.It was designed by the architect Jean-Camille Formigé, who also designed the Viaduc d'Austerlitz, the greenhouses of Auteuil, and the park below the Basilica of Sacré-Coeur, and restored the Roman amphitheater in Arles and the Roman theater in Orange.The bridge has two levels: one for motor vehicles and pedestrians, and a viaduct (the "viaduc de Passy") above, through which passes Line 6 of the Paris Métro. The railway viaduct is supported by metal colonnades, except where it passes over the île aux Cygnes, where it rests on a masonry arch. Many commemorative plates decorate the viaduct bridge, including several dedicated to soldiers fallen in Belgium during the Second World War.
Invalides is a Metro & RER station on lines 8 and 13 of the Paris Métro and on RER line C in the 7th arrondissement, located near and named after les Invalides.The metro station was opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of Line 8 between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) and Opéra. The line 13 platforms were opened on 20 December 1923 as part of the original section of line 10 between Invalides and Croix Rouge (a station east of Sèvres – Babylone, which was closed during World War II). On 27 July 1937 the section of line 10 between Invalides and Duroc was transferred to become the first section of old line 14, which was connected under the Seine and incorporated into line 13 on 9 November 1976.The Palais Bourbon, seat of the French National Assembly (the lower house of the French Parliament), is nearby.
La Motte-Picquet – GrenelleDistance: 0.7 miTourist Information Boulevard de Grenelle / Avenue de La Motte-Picquet Paris, France 75015
La Motte-Picquet - Grenelle est une station du métro de Paris sur les lignes 6, 8 et 10, dans le 15 arrondissement de Paris.La stationLes quais des stations des lignes 8 et 10 ne sont pas face-à-face, comme dans la majorité des stations. Cette particularité découle du rôle originel de la station, qui dessert à la fois la branche d'Auteuil et la branche de Balard. Le quai en direction de Balard se situe au-dessous, et légèrement décalé, du quai en direction de Créteil.Les couloirs de correspondance de la station sont décorés de plusieurs blasons de la famille de Toussaint-Guillaume Picquet de La Motte (d'azur à trois chevrons d'or, accompagnés de trois fers de lance d'argent en pal les pointes en haut). Une fresque représente la barrière de la Cunette, une des portes du mur des Fermiers généraux située autrefois en ce lieu.En 2011, sont entrés à cette station. Elle a vu entrer en 2013, ce qui la place à la des stations de métro pour sa fréquentation.HistoireLa station La Motte-Picquet de l'ancienne ligne 5 est ouverte en 1906. Elle rend hommage à l’amiral Toussaint-Guillaume Picquet de La Motte (1720-1791).Son nom sera changé en 1913 à l'occasion du prolongement de l'ancienne ligne 8 vers la station Beaugrenelle (aujourd'hui Charles Michels, sur la ligne 10). La commune de Grenelle fut annexée à Paris en 1860, trente ans à peine après sa création.
Boulevard Haussmann, long from the 8th to the 9th arrondissement, is one of the wide tree-lined boulevards created in Paris by Napoleon III, under the direction of his Prefect of the Seine, Baron Haussmann.The Boulevard Haussmann is mostly lined with apartment blocks, whose regulated cornice height gives a pleasing eyeline to the Boulevard. The department stores Galeries Lafayette and Au Printemps are sited on this street.From 1906 to 1919, the novelist Marcel Proust (1871–1922) lived at No. 102. There, in his cork-lined bedroom (now on display in the Carnavalet Museum), he wrote the major part of À la recherche du temps perdu. Alan Bates starred in 102 Boulevard Haussmann, a 1990 play written by Alan Bennett.At 158 there is the Musée Jacquemart-André.The Impressionist and patron of other artists Gustave Caillebotte (1848–1894) painted the Boulevard in many different lights as the days and seasons changed.Marks & Spencer, the British department store chain, opened a store on Boulevard Haussmann in 1975 when it opened its first overseas stores.
Bir-Hakeim is an elevated station of the Paris Métro serving line 6 in the Boulevard de Grenelle in the 15th arrondissement. It is situated on the left bank of the Bir-Hakeim bridge over the Seine. The name of both the bridge and the station commemorates the World War II battle of Bir Hakeim.The station is above the RER C line; the station Champ de Mars - Tour Eiffel is within walking distance.HistoryThe station opened as part of the former Line 2 South on 24 April 1906, when it was extended from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 Line 2 South was incorporated into Line 5. It was incorporated into line 6 on 12 October 1942. The station was called Quai de Grenelle until 1949, when it was renamed to commemorate the battle of Bir Hakeim. A commemorative panel is situated at the entrance of the platform for trains traveling towards Nation. The station was the location of the Barrière de la Cunette, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished in the nineteenth century.
Charles de Gaulle – ÉtoileDistance: 1.0 miTourist Information Place Charles de Gaulle Paris, France
Charles de Gaulle – Étoile is a station on Paris Métro Line 1 and of the RER urban rail network. It lies on the boundary of the 8th, 16th, and 17th arrondissements of Paris. Originally called simply Étoile, after its location at Place de l'Étoile, it took on the additional name of President Charles de Gaulle from 1970.The platforms are built beneath Place de l'Étoile, which is situated at the end of the Avenue des Champs-Élysées. The Arc de Triomphe is in the centre of the Place. Lines 1 and 2 have two side platforms each, while the terminus on Line 6 is a single track with two platforms situated in a loop; passengers alight on the left platform and board on the right. Trains depart immediately from this station and make a longer stop at Kléber.HistoryAlthough Line 1 had opened on 19 July 1900, Étoile station only opened on 1 September that year, being followed quickly by the Line 6 station and the line 2 station . The RER line A station, 30 m deeper, opened on 21 February 1970, initially as the terminus of a shuttle from La Défense. After the death of Charles de Gaulle on 13 November 1970, Place de l'Étoile was renamed Place Charles de Gaulle and the station was renamed as Charles de Gaulle – Étoile. The RER was extended to Auber on 23 November 1971.
Dupleix is an elevated station of the Paris Métro serving line 6 in the Boulevard de Grenelle in the 15th arrondissement. The track and station form an elevated viaduct in the centre of and above the Boulevard de Grenelle. There is an open street market under the station twice a week.The station opened as part of the former Line 2 South on 24 April 1906, when it was extended from Passy to Place d'Italie. On 14 October 1907 Line 2 South was incorporated into Line 5. It was incorporated into line 6 on 12 October 1942. It is named after the nearby Place Dupleix, a square commemorating Joseph François Dupleix, marquis of Landrecies and Paris, an administrator and colonizer of India. The station was the location of the Barrière de Grenelle, a gate built for the collection of taxation as part of the Wall of the Farmers-General; the gate was built between 1784 and 1788 and demolished in the nineteenth century.
Place de Breteuil, Paris 7èmeDistance: 1.0 miTourist Information Place de Breteuil Paris, France 75007
La Clinique de l’Alma est un établissement de santé privé situé au cœur de Paris, dans le 7ème arrondissement , à proximité de grands sites touristiques tels que les Invalides et la tour Eiffel.
Elle offre des soins spécialisés au sein d'un cadre hôtelier de grande qualité et de pôles d'excellence accessibles à tous.
Pour permettre une prise en charge à la hauteur de vos attentes, en matière de confort et de technicités des soins prodigués, la Clinique de l’Alma s’est engagée d’août 2008 à novembre 2013 dans un plan de modernisation complet de l’établissement.
La Clinique de l’Alma a souhaité conserver l’image d’un établissement à taille humaine, aux apparences d’hôtel particulier, où les techniques de soins les plus performantes et les meilleurs opérateurs vous sont proposés dans ses pôles de soins d’excellence.
Marathon De Paris ; Km 42 = ArriveeDistance: 1.1 miTourist Information 43rue sant ferdinand Paris, France 75000
Résidence de l' Ambassadeur de la République de SerbieDistance: 0.6 miTourist Information 1 boulevard Delessert Paris, France 75116
Avenue Émile Zola is a station on line 10 of the Paris Metro in the 15th arrondissement.The station was opened on 13 July 1913 as part of the original section of line 8 between Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels) and Opéra. On 29 July 1937 line 10 was extended from Duroc to La Motte-Picquet - Grenelle and the section of line 8 between La Motte-Picquet - Grenelle and Porte d'Auteuil, including Avenue Émile Zola was transferred to line 10. The station is named after a street commemorating Émile Zola.
Victor Hugo is a station on Paris Métro Line 2. It is named after the author Victor Hugo, and located directly underneath Place Victor Hugo in the 16th arrondissement of Paris.When first opened in 1900 as part of line 2 Nord, the platforms were built on the tight bend between Avenue Victor Hugo and Avenue Bugeaud. However, when new rolling stocks were introduced in 1931, the curve of the track was too tight for people to board and alight safely on these new trains. So, the station was rebuilt closer to Charles de Gaulle – Étoile (at the time named Étoile) on the straight stretch of track immediately after the curve.The original station is clearly visible from the end of the platforms, and remains accessible to staff. It still features some of the original flat tiles that were first in use on the network, and have now almost entirely disappeared.
Marché De L'avenue Du Président WilsonDistance: 0.4 miTourist Information Avenue du Président Wilson 75016 Paris Paris, France 75116
Local Business Near Cathedrale Notre Dame De Paris