EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge, Paris | Tourist Information


Pont des Arts
Paris, France 75006


Bridge Near Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge

Pont des Arts
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, 75006

The Pont des Arts or Passerelle des Arts is a pedestrian bridge in Paris which crosses the River Seine. It links the Institut de France and the central square reported several deficiencies on the bridge. More specifically, he noted the damage that had been caused by two aerial bombardments sustained during World War I and World War II and the harm done from the multiple collisions caused by boats. The bridge would be closed to circulation in 1977 and, in 1979, suffered a 60-metre collapse after a barge rammed into it.The present bridge was built between 1981 and 1984 "identically" according to the plans of Louis Arretche, who had decided to reduce the number of arches from nine to seven, allowing the look of the old bridge to be preserved while realigning the new structure with the Pont Neuf. On 27 June 1984, the newly reconstructed bridge was inaugurated by Jacques Chirac, then the mayor of Paris.

Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, 75001

The Pont Neuf is the oldest standing bridge across the river Seine in Paris, France. Its name, which was given to distinguish it from older bridges that were lined on both sides with houses, has remained after all of those were replaced. It stands by the western (downstream) point of the Île de la Cité, the island in the middle of the river that was, between 250 and 225 BC, the birthplace of Paris, then known as Lutetia, and during the medieval period, the heart of the city.The bridge is composed of two separate spans, one of five arches joining the left bank to the Île de la Cité, another of seven joining the island to the right bank. Old engraved maps of Paris show how, when the bridge was built, it just grazed the downstream tip of the Île de la Cité; since then, the natural sandbar building of a mid-river island, aided by stone-faced embankments called quais, has extended the island. Today the tip of the island is the location of the Square du Vert-Galant, a small public park named in honour of Henry IV, nicknamed the "Green Gallant".ConstructionAs early as 1550, Henry II was asked to build a bridge here because the existing Pont Notre-Dame was overloaded, but the expense was too much at the time.In February 1578, the decision to build the bridge was made by Henry III who laid its first stone in 1578, the year when the foundations of four piers and one abutment were completed. Pierre des Isles, one of the builders, convinced the supervisory commission that the bridge, which was originally straight, would be more resistant to the river currents, if its two sections were built at a slight angle, a change they adopted in May 1578.

Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris, Paris

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Saint-Michel
Paris, 75005

Le pont Saint-Michel relie la place Saint-Michel (sur la rive gauche) au boulevard du Palais sur l'île de la Cité, à Paris. Il doit son nom au voisinage d'une chapelle consacrée à Saint-Michel qui existait dans le Palais royal.L'autre pont situé dans son prolongement vers le nord, reliant le boulevard du Palais au Châtelet sur la rive droite est le pont au Change.HistoireCe pont construit initialement en 1378 fut reconstruit plusieurs fois, en dernier lieu en 1857.Le pont en pierre de 1378La construction du pont en pierre fut décidée en 1353 par le parlement de Paris après accord avec le chapitre de la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris, le prévôt de Paris, ainsi que les bourgeois de la ville. Son emplacement fut fixé en aval du Petit-Pont, dans l'axe de la rue Saint-Denis, du Grand-Pont sur la rive droite et de la rue de la Harpe sur la rive gauche, ceci permettant une traversée directe de l'île de la Cité.

Pont Notre-Dame
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Pont Notre-Dame
Paris, 75004

The Pont Notre-Dame is a bridge that crosses the Seine in Paris, France linking the quai de Gesvres on the Rive Droite with the quai de la Corse on the Île de la Cité. The bridge is noted for being the "most ancient" in Paris, in the sense that, while the oldest bridge in Paris that is in its original state is undoubtedly the Pont Neuf, a bridge in some form has existed at the site of the Pont Notre-Dame since antiquity; nonetheless, it has been destroyed and reconstructed numerous times, a fact referred to in the Latin inscription on it to honor its Italian architect, Fra Giovanni Giocondo. (See below.) The bridge once was lined with approximately sixty houses, the weight of which caused a collapse in 1499.HistoryIt was on this spot that the first bridge of Paris, called the Grand-Pont, crossed the Seine from antiquity. In 886, during the siege of Paris and the Norman attacks, this structure was destroyed and replaced by a plank bridge, named the Pont des Planches de Milbray (Milbray plank bridge). This bridge was destroyed by the floods of 1406. On May 31, 1412, Charles VI of France ordered the construction of the first version of the bridge to be named "Notre-Dame". This structure was composed of solid wood and connected the Île de la Cité to the rue Saint-Martin. The bridge took seven years to build and had sixty houses atop it, thirty on each side. The houses were noted by Robert Gauguin as being "remarkable for their height, and the uniformity of construction" and was called the "handsomest in France." King Charles' wooden bridge collapsed on October 25, 1499 near 9 a.m., likely due to structural instabilities caused by the lack of repairs.

Pont Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue du pont st Michel
Paris, 75005

0630783801

Pont Saint-Michel is a bridge linking the Place Saint-Michel on the left bank of the river Seine to the Île de la Cité. It was named after the nearby chapel of Saint-Michel. It is near Sainte Chapelle and the Palais de Justice. The present 62-metre-long bridge dates to 1857.HistoryFirst constructed in 1378, it has been rebuilt several times, most recently in 1857.The medieval bridgeThe construction of a stone bridge was decided upon in 1378 by the Parlement de Paris after an accord with the chapter of the cathedral of Notre-Dame de Paris, the provost of Paris, and the city's merchants. A location downstream of Petit-Pont was chosen, on the line of Rue Saint-Denis, from the Grand-Pont on the right bank and of Rue de la Harpe on the left bank. This allowed for a direct route across Île de la Cité.The provost, Hugues Aubriot, was charged with overseeing the project, which was funded by the king. Construction lasted from 1379 to 1387. Once complete, the Parisians named the bridge Pont-Neuf (New Bridge, but it should not be confused with the present-day Pont-Neuf), Petit-Pont-Neuf (Little New Bridge) or Pont Saint-Michel dit le Pont-Neuf (St. Michael's Bridge, known as the 'New' Bridge).

Pont des Arts,Jardin du Louvre
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Passerelle Léopold Sédar Senghor
Paris, 75001

Ponte Dos Cadeados ( Pont Des Arts )
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts, 75006
Paris, 75006

Le Pont De Solférino
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Passerelle de Solférino
Paris, 75007

Pont Des Arts
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, 75006

Pont Royal
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Royal
Paris, 75007

Puente Del Amor, Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris,

Pont Royal
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Royal
Paris, 75007

The Pont Royal is a bridge crossing the river Seine in Paris. It is the third oldest bridge in Paris, after the Pont Neuf and the Pont Marie.LocationThe Pont Royal links the Right Bank by the Pavillon de Flore with the Left Bank of Paris between rue du Bac and the rue de Beaune. The bridge is constructed with five elliptical arches en plein cintre. A hydrographic ladder, indicating floods' highest level in Paris, is visible on the last pier nearest each bank.HistoryIn 1632, the entrepreneur Pierre Pidou directed the construction of a wooden toll-bridge which would be called Pont Sainte-Anne (in deference to Anne of Austria) or Pont Rouge (due to its color). It was designed to replace the Tuileries ferry upon which the rue du Bac (bac meaning ferry in French) owes its name. The ferry had been offering crossings since 1550. Fragile, this bridge of fifteen arches would be repaired for the first time in 1649, completely redone two years later, burnt in 1654, flooded in 1656, completely rebuilt in 1660, propped up in 1673 and finally carried away by a flood in February 1684. Madame de Sévigné reported that this last incident caused the loss of eight of the bridge's arches.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Paris, 75005

0143542381

Le Petit-Pont est un pont franchissant la Seine à Paris, dont l'édifice actuel fut construit en 1853. Il relie la rue de la Cité et le quai du Marché-Neuf, sur l'île de la Cité, à la place du Petit-Pont sur la rive gauche, entre le quai de Montebello et le quai Saint-Michel, prolongée par la rue du Petit-Pont, puis la rue Saint-Jacques.HistoireLe pont romainLe premier pont situé à cet endroit date de la période romaine de Lutèce où fut déjà construit un pont sous ce nom, qui provient du fait qu'il permettait de franchir le petit bras du fleuve, par opposition au « Grand-Pont », qui existait depuis l'Antiquité et qui traversait le grand bras de la Seine (ce dernier est devenu le pont Notre-Dame), cette appellation encore aujourd'hui justifiée par sa plus petite longueur de tous les ponts de Paris.Le Petit-Pont était à l'époque gallo-romaine le seul point de passage pour relier l'île de la Cité et, dans le prolongement du cardo maximus, la rive droite. Fait de bois, il était particulièrement exposé aux crues de la Seine et aux incendies. Charles le Chauve, pour protéger l'île des attaques normandes, fit édifier un ouvrage de protection à la tête du pont, en même temps qu'il renforçait les fortifications de la Cité. Les deux ponts de la Cité furent une fois encore détruits en 1111, par le comte Robert de Meulan. Le Grand-Pont fut rebâti plus à l'ouest alors que le Petit-Pont fut reconstruit au même emplacement, qu'il a conservé jusqu'à nos jours.

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Bisinchi, 75005

0495387464

The Petit Pont is a bridge crossing the River Seine in Paris, built in 1853, although a structure has crossed the river at this point since antiquity. The present bridge is a single stone arch linking the 4th arrondissement and the Île de la Cité, with the 5th arrondissement, between quai de Montebello and quai Saint-Michel. The Petit Pont is notable for having been destroyed, at least thirteen times since its original inception during Gallo-Roman times to the mid-19th century. It is served by the Metro station Saint-Michel.HistoryA bridge linking the Île de la Cité with the southern bank of the Seine has existed on this spot since early history. In the Roman predecessor to Paris, Lutetia Parisiorum, a bridge was built to utilize the convenient ford of the Seine, today's Île de la Cité. Often a victim of floods, the structure has been repeatedly rebuilt. The first known flood destroying this bridge was in 885 AD. The bridge subsequently was carried away by successive floods at least thirteen times between 885 and 1658, and at least eleven times before it was built in stone. In 1175, following yet another flood, the bishop of Paris Maurice de Sully gave his support for a new reconstruction, this time in stone. Further, after a flood destroyed the structure again in 1393, the construction of another stone bridge on the site was funded by a tax of 9,500 livres on the Jews living in Paris.

Pont du Carrousel
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont du Carrousel
Paris, 75001

The Pont du Carrousel is a bridge in Paris, which spans the River Seine between the Quai des Tuileries and the Quai Voltaire.HistoryBegun in 1831 in the prolongation of the rue des Saints-Pères on the Left Bank, the original bridge was known under that name until its inauguration, in 1834, when king Louis-Philippe named it Pont du Carrousel, because it opened on the Right Bank river frontage of the Palais du Louvre near the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel in front of the Tuileries.The bridge's architect, Antoine-Rémy Polonceau, succeeded in a design that was innovative in several aspects. For one thing, the new structure was an arch bridge, during a period when most bridge construction had turned to suspension bridges; the necessary towers and cables would have been considered unacceptable additions to the Parisian scenery. The structure combined the relatively new material of cast iron with timber. Its graduated cast-iron circular supports were quickly dubbed "napkin rings" (ronds de serviette). At each corner of the bridge were erected classic style stone allegorical sculptures by Louis Petitot, which remain in situ. They represent Industry, Abundance, The City of Paris and The Seine.

Alexander Bridge
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Quai Voltaire
Paris,

Paris Rivoli
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Rue de Rivoli
Paris, 75001

Padlock Bridge
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, 75001

Pont Neuf Bridge
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris,

Pont du Carroussel du Louvre
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Pont du Carrousel
Paris,

Pont Royal
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Royal 75007 Paris
Paris, 75007

+33-1-42 84 70 00

Le pont Royal est un pont français situé à Paris et traversant la Seine. C'est le troisième plus ancien pont de la ville, après le pont Neuf et le pont Marie. Ce monument fait l’objet d’un classement au titre des monuments historiques depuis le.SituationIl relie la rive droite au niveau du pavillon de Flore à la rive gauche entre la rue du Bac et la rue de Beaune. Il a pour voisins, en amont, le pont du Carrousel, et en aval, la passerelle Léopold-Sédar-Senghor.Ce site est desservi par la station de métro Tuileries.HistoireUn bac pour traverser la Seine est autorisé par lettres patentes par le roi Henri II le.Après avoir assisté à un accident du bac qui traversait la Seine dans le prolongement de la rue du Bac au cours d'une promenade, Louis XIII décida la construction d'un pont à cet emplacement.Pont Rouge en 1632En 1632, Pierre Pidou, secrétaire de la Chambre du roi et premier commis de Louis Le Barbier, a entrepris la réalisation d'un pont en bois à péage sur cet emplacement, qui sera appelé pont Sainte-Anne (en référence à Anne d'Autriche), pont Rouge (en raison de sa couleur) ou pont Barbier (du nom du financier qui a été le premier promoteur immobilier de Paris qui l'avait fait construire).

Lovelock Bridge Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris,

Pont D'art
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Louvre Paris Paris, France
Paris, 75000

+33 1 42 34 82 34

Pont d'Arcole
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Pont d'Arcole
Paris, 75004

Pont d'Arcole – most w Paryżu. Od średniowiecza do 1828 na miejscu mostu funkcjonowała jedynie sześciometrowa przeprawa piesza pod nazwą Passelerie de Grève, wzniesiona przez Marca Séguina. W 1828 obiekt został zastąpiony szerszym mostem, a w 1854, w związku ze zmianami w układzie urbanistycznym miasta wzniesiono nowy most według projektu Cadiata, żelazny, pierwszy most na tym miejscu, który pozwalał zarówno na ruch pieszy, jak i kołowy. Był to zarazem pierwszy żelazny most w Paryżu, który wiódł przez całą szerokość rzeki nie przebiegając przez jedną z wysp. Błąd konstrukcyjny sprawił, że w 1888 most nieoczekiwanie obsunął się o 20 cm i musiał być gruntownie wyremontowany. Ponowną renowację przeszedł w latach 1994-1995. W 1944 to przez ten most do ratusza paryskiego weszła dywizja generała Leclerca w dniu wyzwolenia miasta.Nie jest konkretnie ustalone pochodzenie nazwy mostu. Może on nosić imię słynnej bitwy stoczonej przez Bonapartego, jak również nazwisko jednej z ofiar rewolucji lipcowej - młodego republikanina, który zginął na moście, niosąc na czele pochodu trójkolorowy sztandar.Most ma 80 metrów długości, 20 szerokości. Jest to most jednołukowy.Linki zewnętrzne Informacja o moście na stronach Paryża

Passerelle Léopold-Sédar-Senghor
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Passerelle Léopold-Sédar-Senghor
Paris, 75007

Passerelle Léopold Sédar Senghor, – most w Paryżu przeznaczony wyłącznie dla ruchu pieszego, łączący 1 i 7 okręg paryski.Pierwszy most na tym miejscu powstał w 1861. Był to żeliwny most przeznaczony zarówno dla pieszych, jak i dla pojazdów, zbudowany przez inżynierów Gallochera de Lagalisserie oraz Savarina. Jego nazwa upamiętniała zwycięstwo spod Solferino w 1859. Liczne wypadki z udziałem barek poważnie nadwątliły konstrukcję, która w 1961, jako grożąca zawaleniem, została rozebrana i zastąpiona stalowym mostem zarezerwowanym dla pieszych. I ten most przestał spełniać wymogi bezpieczeństwa i został rozebrany w 1992.Obecną 106-metrową przeprawę zbudował w latach 1997-1999 Marc Mimram. Żeliwna konstrukcja została pokryta egzotycznym drewnem sprowadzanym z Brazylii. Most jest łukowy, oparty na masywnych betonowych filarach. W 1999 architekt mostu otrzymał za niego nagrodę Srebrnej Ekierki.Obecną nazwę przeprawa otrzymała w 2006, w setną rocznicę urodzin Léopolda Sédara Senghora.Bibliografia Na oficjalnej stronie Paryżą

Petit Pont
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
1 Rue Petit Pont
Paris, 20235

01 46 33 03 81

Petit Pont – most łączący IV okręg paryski z Île de la Cité wybudowany w 1853 na miejscu wcześniejszego.HistoriaJuż w starożytności na miejscu dzisiejszego mostu znajdowała się przeprawa przez rzekę. Wiadomo, że już w rzymskiej osadzie Lutecja właśnie na tym miejscu, wykorzystując niewielką odległość między wyspą a stałym lądem oraz spokojniejszy bieg rzeki, przebiegał most łączący Cité z lewym brzegiem Sekwany. Obiekt był wielokrotnie niszczony przez rzekę w czasie kolejnych niekontrolowanych powodzi. W samym średniowieczu most był niszczony jedenastokrotnie. Środki finansowe pochodziły z różnych, niekiedy niecodziennych źródeł: w 1175 budowa pierwszego całkowicie kamiennego mostu została opłacona przez biskupa Paryża, natomiast w 1393 zmuszono paryską społeczność żydowską do wpłacenia 9500 liwrów na kolejną odbudowę. Od nazwy mostu pochodzi przydomek Adama Parvipontanusa (XII w.), uczącego w znajdującej się przy nim szkole.W czasie rządów Karola VI Szalonego nowy most wybudował włoski mnich Giovanni Giocondo, wówczas po raz pierwszy na Petit Pont pojawiły się domy. Most ten przetrwał dwa stulecia, jednak już w XVII wieku Petit Pont zawalał się i był budowany na nowo w latach 1649, 1651, 1658 i 1659. Ta ostatnia odbudowa była również najbardziej kosztowna, jednak nie spełniła oczekiwań, a most, kamienno-drewniany, zawalił się w 1718 w niecodziennych okolicznościach. W czasie gdy pod mostem bezskutecznie usiłowały przepłynąć dwie wyładowane barki, nieznana z nazwiska kobieta wypłynęła na Sekwanę, by odnaleźć ciało jej dziecka, które w niej utonęło. Miała w rękach zapaloną pochodnię i gdy wskutek wypadku jej łódź zderzyła się z jedną z barek, powstał ogromny pożar, od którego zajął się cały most. Rok później most został odbudowany, już bez zabudowy mieszkalnej.

Pont Royal
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Royal 75007 Paris
Paris, 75007

+33-1-42 84 70 00

Pont Royal – most w Paryżu łączący oba brzegi Sekwany, pomiędzy pawilonem de Flore i ulicą du Bac.Pierwszy drewniany most na tym miejscu powstał w 1632 na zamówienie finansisty Barbiera według projektu Pierre’a Pidou. Nazwano go Pont Rouge, od koloru farby, lub Św. Anny, na cześć królowej Anny Austriaczki. Ten piętnastołukowy most okazał się wyjątkowo nietrwały w codziennej eksploatacji i w 1649 musiał zostać wyremontowany, a dwa lata później rozebrany i postawiony na nowo. W 1654 ten odbudowany most padł ofiarą pożaru, a pod kolejnej odbudowie w 1656 został zniesiony przez wezbranie rzeki. Kolejną zrekonstruowaną przeprawę spotkał w 1684 ten sam los, kiedy rzeka zniszczyła osiem łuków mostu.Rok później drewniany most został zastąpiony konstrukcją z kamienia, sfinansowaną przez Ludwika XIV, który zamówił projekt u Jacques’a Gabriela, Jules’a Mansarta i François Romaina. Powstały most był nie tylko przeprawą, ale i miejscem wielu miejskich zabaw i festynów. w 1792 Konwent Narodowy w ramach wielkiej akcji zmiany kojarzących się z monarchią nazw zmienił nazwę mostu na „Pont National”, a następnie Pont des Tuileries. Oryginalną nazwę przywróciła Restauracja Burbonów.W 1850 most został uznany za solidny na tyle, by w odróżnieniu od kilku innych zabytkowych przepraw przez rzekę nie zostać zburzonym, lecz jedynie wzmocnionym. Od 1939 posiada status szczególnie cennego zabytku jako jeden z trzech paryskich mostów .

Pont au Change
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Au Change
Paris, 75013

Pont au Change là một cây cầu bắc qua sông Seine ở trung tâm thủ đô Paris của Pháp. Cây cầu này nối liền Conciergerie trên île de la Cité với quảng trường Châtelet ở bờ phải sông Seine. Đây cũng là ranh giới giữa quận 1 và quận 4 của Paris.Lịch sửPont au Change gốc được xây dựng từ thế kỷ 9 dưới thời Charles le Chauve, cùng thời điểm Conciergerie bắt đầu được mở rộng để trở thành cung điện của Hoàng gia Pháp. Tên của cây cầu (Change - Đổi chác, hối đoái) xuất phát từ việc trên cầu có rất nhiều cửa tiệm của những người đổi tiền và thợ kim hoàn, các cửa hiệu sát nhau tới mức người ta không thể nhìn thấy sông Seine khi đứng trên cầu.Cây cầu hiện nay được xây dựng từ năm 1858 đến năm 1860, đó là một cầu vòm gạch gồm 3 nhịp vòm dài 103 m, rộng 30 m.Hình ảnhLiên kết ngoài Lịch sử Pont au Change trên Insecula.com

Historical Place Near Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge

Musée du Louvre
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, 75001

0033 (0) 1 40 20 53 17

Le musée du Louvre est fermé tous les mardis, le 1er janvier, le 1er mai et le 25 décembre. Trente-cinq mille œuvres à voir et à revoir, une dizaine d’expositions, des ateliers, des visites, des conférences, des rencontres, des films, des lectures, de la musique, des spectacles… Une invitation à la découverte et à la connaissance pour tous les publics. Le Louvre et Vous : http://crm.e-deal.net/gerico/louvre_profile_edit.fl Gérez vos abonnements aux lettres électroniques du musée du Louvre et recevez de l'information en fonction de vos centres d'intérêt.

Pont des Arts
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, 75006

The Pont des Arts or Passerelle des Arts is a pedestrian bridge in Paris which crosses the River Seine. It links the Institut de France and the central square reported several deficiencies on the bridge. More specifically, he noted the damage that had been caused by two aerial bombardments sustained during World War I and World War II and the harm done from the multiple collisions caused by boats. The bridge would be closed to circulation in 1977 and, in 1979, suffered a 60-metre collapse after a barge rammed into it.The present bridge was built between 1981 and 1984 "identically" according to the plans of Louis Arretche, who had decided to reduce the number of arches from nine to seven, allowing the look of the old bridge to be preserved while realigning the new structure with the Pont Neuf. On 27 June 1984, the newly reconstructed bridge was inaugurated by Jacques Chirac, then the mayor of Paris.

Sainte-Chapelle
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
4 boulevard du Palais
Paris, 75001

01 53 73 58 51

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
The Louvre
Paris, 75001

+33 (0)1 40 20 53 17

La pyramide du Louvre est une pyramide constituée de verre et de métal, située au milieu de la cour Napoléon du musée du Louvre à Paris, où se situe le hall d’accueil.Commandée par le président de la République François Mitterrand en 1983, la pyramide a été conçue par l'architecte sino-américain Ieoh Ming Pei. La structure, qui a été entièrement construite en métal, s'élève à sur une base carrée de de côté et pèse environ. La pyramide est composée de 603 losanges et 70 triangles en verre. Elle a été inaugurée le et ouverte au public le. Elle est la première grande construction à avoir été réalisée en verre feuilleté.Bien que la pyramide ait suscité une grande controverse lors de la présentation de son projet en 1984, elle est devenue au début du la troisième œuvre du Louvre la plus appréciée après La Joconde et la Vénus de Milo.

Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Paris
Paris, 75001

The Pont Neuf is the oldest standing bridge across the river Seine in Paris, France. Its name, which was given to distinguish it from older bridges that were lined on both sides with houses, has remained after all of those were replaced. It stands by the western (downstream) point of the Île de la Cité, the island in the middle of the river that was, between 250 and 225 BC, the birthplace of Paris, then known as Lutetia, and during the medieval period, the heart of the city.The bridge is composed of two separate spans, one of five arches joining the left bank to the Île de la Cité, another of seven joining the island to the right bank. Old engraved maps of Paris show how, when the bridge was built, it just grazed the downstream tip of the Île de la Cité; since then, the natural sandbar building of a mid-river island, aided by stone-faced embankments called quais, has extended the island. Today the tip of the island is the location of the Square du Vert-Galant, a small public park named in honour of Henry IV, nicknamed the "Green Gallant".ConstructionAs early as 1550, Henry II was asked to build a bridge here because the existing Pont Notre-Dame was overloaded, but the expense was too much at the time.In February 1578, the decision to build the bridge was made by Henry III who laid its first stone in 1578, the year when the foundations of four piers and one abutment were completed. Pierre des Isles, one of the builders, convinced the supervisory commission that the bridge, which was originally straight, would be more resistant to the river currents, if its two sections were built at a slight angle, a change they adopted in May 1578.

Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
99 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, 75001

The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris, located in the Place du Carrousel. It was built between 1806 and 1808 to commemorate Napoleon's military victories of the previous year. The more famous Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, across from the Champs Élysées, was designed in the same year; it is about twice the size and was not completed until 1836. It is also an example of Corinthian style architecture.

Les Arts Décoratifs
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
107 rue de Rivoli
Paris, 75001

01.44.55.57.50

Institution originale et plurielle, Les Arts Décoratifs entretiennent « en France la culture des arts qui poursuivent la réalisation du beau dans l’utile » et maintiennent des liens étroits avec le monde industriel, établissant de nombreux partenariats avec des entreprises exerçant leurs activités dans des domaines variés. Les différentes composantes des Arts Décoratifs sont réparties sur trois sites à Paris : - au 107 rue de Rivoli, les ailes de Rohan et de Marsan du palais du Louvre abritent le musée des Arts décoratifs possède une collection unique d'objets d'art de mode et de publicité, qui témoignent de l'art de vivre du Moyen Age jusqu'à nos jours - au 63 rue de Monceau, l’hôtel Camondo accueille le musée Nissim de Camondo - au 266 boulevard Raspail est installée en 1988 l’école Camondo (appellation née d’une implantation antérieure dans les communs de l’hôtel Camondo), spécialisée dans le design et l’architecture intérieure. Les Ateliers du Carrousel, ateliers de pratique artistique, sont présents sur ces trois sites.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, 75006

Palais de Justice de Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
4, boulevard du Palais
Paris, 37100

0644783382

Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
8 rue de Montpensier
Paris, 75001

+639174190541

The Palais-Royal, originally called the Palais-Cardinal, is a palace located in the 1st arrondissement of Paris. The screened entrance court faces the Place du Palais-Royal, opposite the Louvre. The larger inner courtyard, the Cour d'Honneur, has since 1986 contained Daniel Buren's site-specific art piece Les Deux Plateaux, known as Les Colonnes de Buren. In 1830 the Cour d'Honneur was enclosed to the north by what was probably the most famous of Paris's covered arcades, the Galerie d'Orléans. Demolished in the 1930s, its flanking rows of columns still stand between the Cour d'Honneur and the popular Palais-Royal Gardens.HistoryPalais-CardinalOriginally called the Palais-Cardinal, the palace was the personal residence of Cardinal Richelieu. The architect Jacques Lemercier began his design in 1629; construction commenced in 1633 and was completed in 1639. Upon Richelieu's death in 1642 the palace became the property of the King and acquired the new name Palais-Royal.After Louis XIII died the following year, it became the home of the Queen Mother Anne of Austria and her young sons Louis XIV and Philippe, duc d'Anjou, along with her advisor Cardinal Mazarin. From 1649, the palace was the residence of the exiled Henrietta Maria and Henrietta Anne Stuart, wife and daughter of the deposed King Charles I of England. The two had escaped England in the midst of the English Civil War and were sheltered by Henrietta Maria's nephew, King Louis XIV.

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
The Louvre
Paris, 75001

+33 (0)1 40 20 53 17

La Pirámide del Museo del Louvre es una obra situada en el patio del Museo del Louvre, en París, que da acceso al edificio. Fue diseñada por el arquitecto Ieoh Ming Pei. De estilo internacional, esta pirámide de vidrio y aluminio fue inaugurada en el año 1989 por el entonces presidente francés, François Mitterrand.DescripciónTiene una altura de 20,1 m. y un total de 673 paneles de vidrio laminado transparente divididos en 603 rombos y 70 triángulos, aunque algunas fuentes señalan que existen 666 rombos debido a una intención de darle un sentido esotérico a la construcción. El peso total de la estructura es de 180 toneladas. La inclinación de sus paredes, al igual que ocurre con las pirámides egipcias, es de 51 grados.Su centro de gravedad coincide con el de los tres pabellones del museo, Richelieu al norte, Denon al sur y Sully al este. Siendo esta la principal y más grande de las pirámides de cristal del museo, que incluye, a nivel subterráneo, otra pirámide pero invertida. Antes de construirse la pirámide, la entrada al Louvre tenía unas largas colas. Con su construcción, además de solucionarse el problema, se aumenta el espacio de exposición del museo.ControversiaDesde su construcción, la pirámide ha estado sujeta a polémicas, debido al contraste de estilos entre la modernidad del vidrio y el clasicismo del museo, si bien ha servido de inspiración para las ampliaciones de muchos otros museos. Ha sido descrita por algunos detractores como parte del "complejo de faraón" de Mitterrand. Otros alaban la yuxtaposición del contraste entre estilos arquitectónicos como una exitosa combinación entre lo antiguo y lo nuevo, lo clásico y lo ultramoderno.

Place Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Michel
Paris, 75005

La place Saint-Michel est une voie située dans le quartier de la Sorbonne et le quartier de la Monnaie des 5 et arrondissements à Paris, en France.HistoireLa place a été créée lors de la percée du boulevard Saint-Michel, en 1855 sous Napoléon III. Le pont Saint-Michel construit au, a été refait à la même période que la place.En août 1944, de vifs combats y opposèrent les étudiants de la Résistance aux Allemands.

Fontaine Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place St Michel
Paris, 75006

The Fontaine Saint-Michel is a monumental fountain located in Place Saint-Michel in the 5th arrondissement in Paris. It was constructed in 1858–1860 during the French Second Empire by the architect Gabriel Davioud.HistoryThe fontaine Saint-Michel was part of the great project for the reconstruction of Paris overseen by Baron Haussmann during the French Second Empire. In 1855 Haussmann completed an enormous new boulevard, originally called boulevard de Sébastopol-rive-gauche, now called Boulevard Saint-Michel, which opened up the small place Pont-Saint-Michel into a much larger space. Haussmann asked the architect of the service of promenades and plantations of the prefecture, Gabriel Davioud, to design a fountain which would be appropriate in scale to the new square. As the architect of the prefecture, he was able to design not only the fountain but also the facades of the new buildings around it, giving coherence to the square, but he also had to deal with the demands of the prefet and city administration, which was paying for the project.Davioud's original project was for a fountain dedicated to peace, located in the center of the square. The prefect authorities rejected this idea and asked him instead to build a fountain to hide the end wall of the building at the corner of boulevard Saint-Michel and Saint-André des Arts. This forced Davioud to adapt his plan to the proportions of that building.

The Eiffel Tower
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Parc du Champs de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Torcy, 75007

0 892 70 12 39

Château De Versailles
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue De L'échelle
Versailles, 78000

+33 1 30 83 78 00

Place du Châtelet
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place du Châtelet
Paris, 75001

The Place du Châtelet is a public square in Paris, on the right bank of the river Seine, on the borderline between the 1st and 4th arrondissements. It lies at the north end of the Pont au Change, a bridge that connects the Île de la Cité, near the Palais de Justice and the Conciergerie, to the right bank. The closest métro station is Châtelet 15px 15px 15px 15px 15px 15pxFeaturesThe name "Châtelet" refers to the stronghold, the Grand Châtelet, that guarded the northern end of the Pont au Change, containing the offices of the prévôt de Paris and a number of prisons, until it was demolished from 1802-10.At the square's center is the Fontaine du Palmier, designed in 1806 by architect and engineer François-Jean Bralle (1750-1832) to celebrate French victories in battle. It has a circular basin, 6m in diameter, from which a column rises in the form of a palm tree's trunk 18m tall. The palm trunk is surmounted by a gilded figure of the goddess, Victory, holding a laurel wreath in each upraised hand; the goddess figure stands on a base ornamented with bas-relief eagles. The gilded finial is by sculptor Louis-Simon Boizot.

Conciergerie
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
2 Boulevard du Palais
Paris, 75001

01 53 40 60 80

The Conciergerie is a building in Paris, France, located on the west of the Île de la Cité (literally "Island of the City"), formerly a prison but presently used mostly for law courts. It was part of the former royal palace, the Palais de la Cité, which consisted of the Conciergerie, Palais de Justice and the Sainte-Chapelle. Hundreds of prisoners during the French Revolution were taken from the Conciergerie to be executed by guillotine at a number of locations around Paris.The Middle AgesThe west part of the island was originally the site of a Merovingian palace, and was known initially as the Palais de la Cité. From the 10th to the 14th centuries it was the main palace of the medieval Kings of France. During the reigns of Louis IX (Saint Louis) (1214–1270) and Philippe IV (Philip the Fair) (1284–1314) the Merovingian palace was extended and fortified more extensively.Louis IX added the Sainte-Chapelle and associated galleries, while Philippe IV created the towered facade on the Seine river side and a large hall. Both are excellent examples of French religious and secular architecture of the period. The Sainte-Chapelle was built in the French royal style to house the crown of thorns that was brought back from the Crusades and to serve as a royal chapel. The "Grande Salle" (Great Hall) was one of the largest in Europe, and its lower story, known as "La Salle des Gens d'Armes" (The Hall of the Soldiers) survives at 64m long, 27.5m wide and 8.5m high. It was used as a dining room for the 2,000 staff members who worked in the palace. It was heated with four large fireplaces and lit by many windows, now blocked. It was also used for royal banquets and judicial proceedings. The neighboring Salle des Gardes was used as an antechamber to the Great Hall immediately above, where the king held his lit de justice (a session of parliament in the king's presence).

Monnaie de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
11 quai de Conti
Paris, 75006

01 40 46 56 66

Place Saint-Sulpice
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint-Sulpice
Paris, 75006

La place Saint-Sulpice est une place du arrondissement de Paris.HistoireLors de la construction de la façade actuelle de l'église Saint-Sulpice au, l'architecte Giovanni Niccolo Servandoni prévoit la création d'une place monumentale en demi-cercle, de de large sur de long. Ce projet n'est pas réalisé mais un espace prolongeant le parvis est débuté en 1757. En 1767, un emprunt est souscrit par la ville après autorisation du roi pour entreprendre les expropriations et les travaux d'aménagement.Au, plusieurs plans sont proposés pour achever la place. Un plan adopté par le ministre de l'Intérieur le 26 thermidor An VIII (14 août 1800), confirmé par un arrêté des consuls du 16 vendémiaire an IX (8 octobre 1800) prévoit une place semi-circulaire qui doit être réalisé dans un délai de six ans. Un arrêté du 25 juin 1806 annule ce plan et prévoit cette fois une place rectangulaire dont le plan est approuvé par le ministre de l'intérieur le 19 octobre 1806. Un nouveau plan, prévoyant une place rectangulaire aux dimensions plus importantes, est adopté le 19 juillet 1808. Une décision ministérielle du 20 décembre 1810 prévoit que la place Saint-Sulpice soit portée jusqu'à la rue du Pot-de-Fer (actuelle rue Bonaparte). Un décret du 24 février 1811 ordonne l'achèvement de cette place dans le courant de la même année. Les dispositions arrêtées en 1810 ont été confirmées par une décision ministérielle du 9 mai 1812. La place est en partie aménagée à l'emplacement de l'ancien séminaire Saint-Sulpice, construit au.En 1838, la place est nivelée et plantée d'arbres. De 1843 à 1848, la fontaine Saint-Sulpice est érigée au centre de la place par l'architecte Louis Visconti.

Les Colonnes De Buren
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
15 Rue du Colonel Driant
Paris, 75001

Louvre Palace
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Musée du Louvre
Paris, 75058

(0)1 40 20 53 17

Le palais du Louvre est un ancien palais royal situé à Paris sur la rive droite de la Seine, entre le jardin des Tuileries et l'église Saint-Germain-l'Auxerrois. S'étendant sur une surface bâtie de plus de, le palais du Louvre est le plus grand palais européen, et le second plus grand bâtiment du continent après le palais du Parlement roumain. Il abrite aujourd'hui le musée du Louvre.La construction du Louvre est indissociable de l'histoire de Paris. Elle s'étend sur plus de, bien que le plan général du palais ait été imaginé dès la Renaissance. Charles V y établit sa résidence, donnant au palais un statut qu'il a conservé jusqu'au règne de Louis XIV.Avec 8,9 millions de visiteurs annuels en 2011, c'est le site culturel le plus visité en France devant la tour Eiffel, la cathédrale Notre-Dame de Paris étant en tête des monuments à l'accès libre avec de visiteurs estimés.Origine du nomLa première forteresse du Louvre, sous Philippe Auguste, a été bâtie sur un lieu-dit nommé en bas-latin Lupara, terme désignant une louverie, lieu abritant les équipages employés à chasser le loup (en latin lupus signifie « loup »). Étymologie pouvant se rapprocher d'ailleurs de celle du village de Louvres dans le Val-d'Oise.

Les Caves du Louvre
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
52 rue de l'arbre sec
Paris, 75001

01 40 28 13 11

Tuileries Palace
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Right Bank
Paris, 75001

The Tuileries Palace was a royal and imperial palace in Paris which stood on the right bank of the River Seine. It was the usual Parisian residence of most French monarchs, from Henry IV to Napoleon III, until it was burned by the Paris Commune in 1871.Built in 1564, it was gradually extended until it closed off the western end of the Louvre courtyard and displayed an immense façade of 266 metres. Since the destruction of the Tuileries, the Louvre courtyard has remained open and the site is now the location of the eastern end of the Tuileries Garden, forming an elevated terrace between the Place du Carrousel and the gardens proper.HistoryAfter the accidental death of Henry II of France in 1559, his widow Catherine de' Medici (1519–1589) planned a new palace. She sold the medieval Hôtel des Tournelles, where her husband had died, and began building the palace of Tuileries in 1564, using architect Philibert de l'Orme. The name derives from the tile kilns or tuileries which had previously occupied the site. The palace was formed by a range of long, narrow buildings. During the reign of Henry IV (1589–1610), the building was enlarged to the south, so it joined the long riverside gallery, the Grande Galerie, which ran all the way to the older Louvre Palace in the east.

Cour de Cassation
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
5 Quai de l'Horloge
Paris, 75001

01 44 32 95 95

Place Joachim-du-Bellay
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Joachim du Bellay
Paris, 75001

La place Joachim-du-Bellay est une voie du 1er arrondissement de Paris de Paris, en France.HistoireLa place Joachim-du-Bellay occupe l'emplacement de l'ancien cimetière des Innocents, le principal cimetière à l'intérieur de la ville de Paris du Moyen Âge jusqu'à la fin du. Après le déménagement de la majorité des ossements aux catacombes en 1786, le site devient la « place du marché des Innocents », au milieu duquel est installée la Fontaine des Innocents. Finalement, en 1856 le marché devient un square.AccèsLes stations et gare les plus proches sont : Châtelet - Les Halles ; Les Halles ; Châtelet.

Monnaie de Paris
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
11 quai de Conti
Paris, 75006

01 40 46 56 66

As doyenne of French institutions, Monnaie de Paris performs its public service mission of minting common currency at its Pessac manufacturing site (Gironde), including French euros and other currencies from Europe and around the world. Chaired by Christophe Beaux since April 2007, Monnaie de Paris is an Établissement Public Industriel et Commercial (a Public Industrial and Commercial Institution, EPIC), reporting to the French Ministry of Economy and Finance. In addition to preserving the lofty tradition of metalcraft, the institution’s other mission is to produce commemorative art objects: collectable coins, medals, ornaments, decorative castings, and jewellery, at the historic Quai de Conti site (Paris, 6th arrondissment). For that reason, it is a member of the Comité Colbert (Colbert Committee), an association of French luxury brands. Monnaie de Paris supports contemporary artistic creation, organising exhibitions of contemporary artists from France and abroad (David LaChapelle, Daniel Buren, Julien Berthier, Willy Ronis, Jean Prouvé) and participating in recurring events in conjunction with other cultural institutions (Photoquai and Parcours des Mondes celebrating tribal art). It is also a cultural actor in the city, participating in collective events by forming partnerships (Fête de la Musique, Nuit des Musées, Nuit Blanche, European Heritage Days) and engaging in charitable initiatives on behalf of CARE and the Institut Curie, etc.

Jardin De Tulerie
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, 75001

Réfectoire des Cordeliers
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'école de médecine
Paris, 75006

Cordeliers Convent
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de l'Ecole-de-Médecine
Paris, 75006

01 40 51 10 00

The Cordeliers Convent was a convent in Paris, France.It gave its name to the Club of the Cordeliers, which held its first meetings there during the French Revolution.Cordeliers was the name given in France to the Franciscan Observantists.The building now houses the Dupuytren Museum of anatomy in connection with the school of medicine.Burials at the conventMarie of Brabant, Queen of FranceArthur II, Duke of BrittanyBlanche of France, Infanta of Castile

Pablos Cuban Cocktail Cavern
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
10 Bis Rue des Lombards (au sous-sol du O'Sullivans Rebel Bar)
Paris, 75004

+33 0142714272

Tourist Attraction Near Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge

Pont des Arts
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, 75006

The Pont des Arts or Passerelle des Arts is a pedestrian bridge in Paris which crosses the River Seine. It links the Institut de France and the central square reported several deficiencies on the bridge. More specifically, he noted the damage that had been caused by two aerial bombardments sustained during World War I and World War II and the harm done from the multiple collisions caused by boats. The bridge would be closed to circulation in 1977 and, in 1979, suffered a 60-metre collapse after a barge rammed into it.The present bridge was built between 1981 and 1984 "identically" according to the plans of Louis Arretche, who had decided to reduce the number of arches from nine to seven, allowing the look of the old bridge to be preserved while realigning the new structure with the Pont Neuf. On 27 June 1984, the newly reconstructed bridge was inaugurated by Jacques Chirac, then the mayor of Paris.

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
The Louvre
Paris, 75001

+33 (0)1 40 20 53 17

La pyramide du Louvre est une pyramide constituée de verre et de métal, située au milieu de la cour Napoléon du musée du Louvre à Paris, où se situe le hall d’accueil.Commandée par le président de la République François Mitterrand en 1983, la pyramide a été conçue par l'architecte sino-américain Ieoh Ming Pei. La structure, qui a été entièrement construite en métal, s'élève à sur une base carrée de de côté et pèse environ. La pyramide est composée de 603 losanges et 70 triangles en verre. Elle a été inaugurée le et ouverte au public le. Elle est la première grande construction à avoir été réalisée en verre feuilleté.Bien que la pyramide ait suscité une grande controverse lors de la présentation de son projet en 1984, elle est devenue au début du la troisième œuvre du Louvre la plus appréciée après La Joconde et la Vénus de Milo.

La Seine
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Quai Voltaire
Paris, 75007 Paris

Notre Dame de Paris
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
6 Parvis Notre-Dame - Place Jean-Paul II
Paris, 75004

Notre-Dame de Paris, also known as Notre-Dame Cathedral or simply Notre-Dame, is a medieval Catholic cathedral on the Île de la Cité in the fourth arrondissement of Paris, France. The cathedral is widely considered to be one of the finest examples of French Gothic architecture, and is among the largest and most well-known church buildings in the world. The naturalism of its sculptures and stained glass are in contrast with earlier Romanesque architecture.As the cathedral of the Archdiocese of Paris, Notre-Dame contains the cathedra of the Archbishop of Paris, currently Cardinal André Vingt-Trois. The cathedral treasury contains a reliquary which houses some of Catholicism's most important relics, including the purported Crown of Thorns, a fragment of the True Cross, and one of the Holy Nails.

Effil Tower
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
champ de mars , avenue antole france
Paris, 75007

Louvre Pyramid
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
The Louvre
Paris, 75001

+33 (0)1 40 20 53 17

La Pirámide del Museo del Louvre es una obra situada en el patio del Museo del Louvre, en París, que da acceso al edificio. Fue diseñada por el arquitecto Ieoh Ming Pei. De estilo internacional, esta pirámide de vidrio y aluminio fue inaugurada en el año 1989 por el entonces presidente francés, François Mitterrand.DescripciónTiene una altura de 20,1 m. y un total de 673 paneles de vidrio laminado transparente divididos en 603 rombos y 70 triángulos, aunque algunas fuentes señalan que existen 666 rombos debido a una intención de darle un sentido esotérico a la construcción. El peso total de la estructura es de 180 toneladas. La inclinación de sus paredes, al igual que ocurre con las pirámides egipcias, es de 51 grados.Su centro de gravedad coincide con el de los tres pabellones del museo, Richelieu al norte, Denon al sur y Sully al este. Siendo esta la principal y más grande de las pirámides de cristal del museo, que incluye, a nivel subterráneo, otra pirámide pero invertida. Antes de construirse la pirámide, la entrada al Louvre tenía unas largas colas. Con su construcción, además de solucionarse el problema, se aumenta el espacio de exposición del museo.ControversiaDesde su construcción, la pirámide ha estado sujeta a polémicas, debido al contraste de estilos entre la modernidad del vidrio y el clasicismo del museo, si bien ha servido de inspiración para las ampliaciones de muchos otros museos. Ha sido descrita por algunos detractores como parte del "complejo de faraón" de Mitterrand. Otros alaban la yuxtaposición del contraste entre estilos arquitectónicos como una exitosa combinación entre lo antiguo y lo nuevo, lo clásico y lo ultramoderno.

Musée des Arts Décoratifs, Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
107, rue de Rivoli, 75001 Paris
Paris, 75001

01 44 55 57 50

Musée des Arts Décoratifs, a museum of the decorative arts and design, located in the Palais du Louvre's western wing, known as the Pavillon de Marsan, at 107 rue de Rivoli, in the 1st arrondissement of Paris, France. It is one of three museum locations of Les Arts Décoratifs.The museum also hosts exhibitions of fashion, advertising and graphic art from its collections from the formerly separate but now defunct Musée de la Publicité and Musée de la mode et du textile.DisplaysThe museum collection was originally founded in 1905 by members of the Union des Arts Décoratifs. The architect was Gaston Redon. It houses and displays furniture, interior design, altar pieces, religious paintings, objets d'arts, tapestries, wallpaper, ceramics and glassware, plus toys from the Middle Ages to the present day.The collection is primarily composed of French furniture, tableware, carpets such as those from Aubusson, porcelain such as that by the Manufacture nationale de Sèvres, and a large number of glass pieces by René Lalique, Émile Gallé and many others. It includes numerous works in the Art Nouveau and Art Déco styles and modern examples by designers like Eileen Gray and Charlotte Perriand. However, the museum's deep holdings range back to 13th-century Europe.

Les Vedettes du Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Square du Vert-Galant
Paris, 75001

+33 (0) 1 46 33 98 38

Du Musée du Louvre jusqu’à la Cathédral Notre-Dame, en passant par la Tour Eiffel, découvrez les plus beaux monuments de Paris à bord de nos bateaux. La croisière d’une heure, qui démarre et se termine au Pont-Neuf, est commentée en français et en anglais par l’un de nos guides touristiques.

Les Colonnes De Buren
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
15 Rue du Colonel Driant
Paris, 75001

Quai Saint-Michel
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Quai Saint-Michel
Paris,

Pont Des Arts
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Pont des Arts
Paris, 75006

Pont Royal
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Royal
Paris, 75007

Ifle Tower Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Paris, France
Paris, 75007

Rue Saint-Martin
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Martin
Paris, 75003

Discover Walks Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
1 rue Thérèse
Paris, 75001

(+33) 0 970 449 724

We started Discover Walks to give visitors to Paris something exciting, something special, to remember when they returned home. We want to give visitors a couple of special hours being with a real Parisian walking around Paris. The kind of experience you would have if you had a good friend who was a Paris native. Fun, informative and most of all, personal to you and your guide.

Sénat-Palais du Luxembourg
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
15 rue de Vaugirard
Paris, 75006

Musée National du Moyen Âge
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
6 place Paul Painlevé
Paris, 75005

Medici Fountain
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Jardin du Luxembourg
Paris, 75006

The Medici Fountain is a monumental fountain in the Jardin du Luxembourg in the 6th arrondissement in Paris. It was built in about 1630 by Marie de' Medici, the widow of King Henry IV of France and regent of King Louis XIII of France. It was moved to its present location and extensively rebuilt in 1864-66.The Italian Influence in Paris in the 17th centuryThe period between the regency of Catherine de' Medici in France (1559–1589) and that of Marie de' Medici (1610–1642) saw a great flourishing of the Italian mannerist style in France, A community of artists from Florence, including the sculptor Francesco Bordoni, who helped design the statue of King Henry IV of France built on the Pont Neuf, and fountain technician Thomas Francini, who had worked on fountains in the new gardens of the Medici villas in Florence and Rome, found eager royal patrons in France. Soon features of the Italian Renaissance garden, such as elaborate fountains and the grotto, a simulated cave decorated with sculpture, appeared in the first Gardens of the French Renaissance at Fontainebleau and other royal residences.

Parc du Louvre
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
113 Rue de Rivoli
Paris, 75001

Alexander Bridge
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Quai Voltaire
Paris,

Tonic Hotel du Louvre
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
12, rue du Roule
Paris, 75001

+33142330071

Le Tonic Hôtel du Louvre est un Hôtel de Charme parisien typique, idéalement situé en plein cœur de la Capitale, à quelques minutes du Louvre. Vous pourrez aller à pied jusqu'aux principaux centre d'intérêt Touristiques et Culturels ; le Louvre bien-sûr, mais aussi les Tuileries, le Musée d'Orsay, le Musée d'Art Moderne du centre Georges Pompidou. A 10 minutes, en traversant le Pont-Neuf vous vous retrouverez sur la Rive-Gauche, au cœur du Quartier Latin. Vous rejoindrez la Cathédrale de Notre-Dame-de Paris après 10 minutes d'une charmante promenade. Nous sommes également entourés du très populaire quartier des Halles avec ses boutiques du centre commercial, sa Vidéothèque, sa piscine, la rue Montorgueil à 2 pas, la rue de Rivoli au coin. 8 lignes de métro desservent la station de Chatelet les Halles: vous avez une ligne directe vers chaque principale Gare et vers les 2 aéroports. Concept dynamique réussi, le Tonic Hôtel Louvre excelle à cultiver l'art du bien-être. Le cadre, élégant, mêle tradition et modernité. Les chambres, vastes et lumineuses, proposent un confort aussi fonctionnel que raffiné The Tonic is a Parisian “Hotel de Charme” situated in the very centre of Paris, just by the Louvre, at walking distance from most of the major Touristic and Cultural points of interest. You will be able to walk easily to the Louvre of course, but also to the Tuilleries Garden, to the Orsay Museum, to The Pompidou Centre and its Modern Art Museum. Just across the River, walking 10 minutes, you will find yourself in Rive-Gauche, in the heart of the Quartier Latin. The Notre Dame Church is also at 10mn of a very nice walk. We also are in middle of the very popular shopping area of Rivoli Street, the shops of Rivoli and the Commercial Centre of Les Halles. There are 8 lines of subway going through the nearest Metro station of Chatelet-Les Halles; the main train stations as well as the 2 airports are direct from it.

Musée national Eugène Delacroix
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
6, rue de Furstenberg
Paris, 75006

0033 (0)1 44 41 86 50

Le Musée national Eugène-Delacroix est un musée qui a été fondé à la fin des années 1920 par la Société des Amis d’Eugène Delacroix. Il a ouvert pour la première fois en juin 1932, avec une première exposition dédiée au peintre et à ses proches, Delacroix et ses amis.Installé dans le dernier appartement et le dernier atelier du peintre, où il vécut de décembre 1857 à sa mort, le 13 août 1863, le musée a été créé, plus de soixante ans après le décès de Delacroix, par des peintres, des collectionneurs, des conservateurs, réunis en association pour sauver les lieux, menacés de destruction. Présidée par Maurice Denis, dont l’implication pour le musée fut sans failles, la Société des Amis d’Eugène Delacroix rassemblait aussi Henri Matisse, Paul Signac, Édouard Vuillard, George Desvallières, notamment.Le musée Eugène-Delacroix est un musée ainsi conçu en hommage à Eugène Delacroix, peintre, dessinateur, graveur et écrivain. Sa collection propre, singulière, est la seule au monde à présenter la diversité des talents du grand artiste et à souligner l’influence insigne que son œuvre exerça sur la création artistique, jusqu’à maintenant.Histoire du musée Eugène DelacroixEugène Delacroix s’installa 6 rue de Furstenberg, le 28 décembre 1857, abandonnant l’atelier de la rue Notre-Dame-de-Lorette qu’il louait depuis 1844 et qui était trop éloigné de l’église Saint-Sulpice dont il devait, dès 1847, décorer la chapelle. Souffrant depuis plusieurs années, l’artiste souhaitait finir à tout prix son œuvre, mais il n’était plus en mesure de faire chaque jour un long  trajet depuis la rive droite. Aussi fut-il heureux de trouver par l’intermédiaire de son ami, le marchand de couleurs et restaurateur de tableaux Étienne Haro (1827-1897), un logement calme et aéré, entre cour et jardin, situé au premier étage d’un immeuble relativement proche de Saint-Sulpice et faisant partie des anciens communs du palais abbatial de Saint-Germain-des-Prés. Delacroix obtint un bail de quinze ans, avec autorisation pour construire un atelier dans le jardin, à condition d’en soumettre au préalable les plans.

Cafe des Beaux Arts
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
7 Quai Malaquais
Paris, 75006

+33 1 43 54 08 55

An École des Beaux-Arts is one of a number of influential art schools in France. The most famous is the École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts, now located on the left bank in Paris, across the Seine from the Louvre, at 14 rue Bonaparte (in the 6th arrondissement). The school has a history spanning more than 350 years, training many of the great artists in Europe. Beaux Arts style was modeled on classical "antiquities", preserving these idealized forms and passing the style on to future generations.HistoryThe origins of the school go back to 1648 when the Académie des Beaux-Arts was founded by Cardinal Mazarin to educate the most talented students in drawing, painting, sculpture, engraving, architecture and other media. Louis XIV was known to select graduates from the school to decorate the royal apartments at Versailles, and in 1863 Napoleon III granted the school independence from the government, changing the name to "L'École des Beaux-Arts". Women were admitted beginning in 1897. In October 1898 after her third try, Julia Morgan of San Francisco, California, was accepted as the first woman to be enrolled in the Architecture Department.

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint Sulpice 2 rue Palatine
Paris,

La iglesia de San Sulpicio es una destacada iglesia barroca francesa situada en la plaza de Saint-Sulpice de París, construida en honor a Sulpicio Pío, que alberga en su interior un sistema para la determinación astronómica de los equinoccios diseñado por Henry Sully.La iglesia, orientada en el sentido usual O-E, es una edificación imponente de de largo, de ancho, de altura bajo la bóveda central; es después de Notre Dame, la iglesia más grande de la ciudad.HistoriaErigida sobre los cimientos de un antiguo templo románico del siglo XIII, que sufrió sucesivas ampliaciones hasta 1631. En 1646, el sacerdote parisino Jean-Jacques Olier encargó la construcción de un nuevo edificio, que se alargó durante más de un siglo. El resultado fue un edificio sencillo, de dos plantas, con una fachada oeste formada por dos filas de elegantes columnas. La armonía del conjunto sólo la rompen las torres de los extremos, que no son parejas.Unas enormes ventanas llenan el interior de luz. Las dos conchas que hay junto a la entrada fueron un regalo de la República de Venecia a Francisco I. La base de piedra sobre la que se encuentran fue realizada por Jean-Baptiste Pigalle.

Musée en Herbe
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
21, rue HEROLD 75001
Paris, 75001

0140679766

The Musée en Herbe is an art museum for children, located at 21 rue Hérold and also in the Jardin d'Acclimatation, Bois de Boulogne, Paris, France. It is open daily; an admission fee is charged.The museum was established in 1975 by Sylvie Girardet and Claire Merleau-Ponty. It presents a series of art exhibits and workshops for children, based on the works of artists such as Marc Chagall, Pablo Picasso, and Niki de Saint Phalle.

Paris Eifel
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
19 place Saint-Michel
Paris, 75005

Paris Plages the DanceFloor
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
PONT-NEUF / SAMARITAINE
Paris, 75001

06 16 23 28 66

Musée des Lettres et Manuscrits
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
222, boulevard Saint-Germain
Paris, 75007

01 42 22 48 48

The Musée des Lettres et Manuscrits was a museum of letters and manuscripts located at 222 Boulevard Saint-Germain in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, France. It closed in 2014 after its owner Gérard Lhéritier, and his company Aristophil were investigated for allegedly running the museum as an illegal Ponzi scheme.HistoryGérard Lhéritier founded Aristophil in Nice in 1990, to buy historical manuscripts, letters and other documents, and then to sell shares in these items to investors. The museum was established in 2004 in a townhouse dating to 1608 at 8 Rue de Nesle; it reopened at the Boulevard Saint-Germain location in 2010.In November 2014 the museum was closed and its contents impounded after Lhéritier and Aristophil came under investigation for allegedly running the company as an illegal Ponzi scheme. In March 2015, Lhéritier was held in police custody in Paris, and released after posting bail of €2 million., the fraud was alleged to involve €850–900 million and more than 18,000 investors.CollectionsThe museum contained nearly 136,000 original manuscripts and letters, including the cease-fire order signed by Dwight D. Eisenhower on May 7, 1945, poems of Paul Éluard, and a love-letter by Théodore Géricault.

Musée du Barreau de Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
25 rue du Jour
Paris, 75001

0144324748

Situé non loin de l’église Saint Eustache en plein cœur de Paris, l’Hôtel de la Porte, splendide bâtisse du XVème siècle, abrite dans ses caves voûtées les collections du musée du Barreau de Paris. Maître Emmanuel Pierrat, Membre du Conseil de l’Ordre, assure en sa qualité de conservateur, la gestion et la préservation de ce patrimoine exceptionnel. Il a succédé à Maître François Gibault, qui occupe aujourd’hui la fonction de conservateur honoraire, après avoir lui-même été conservateur du musée pendant trente et une années. De multiples œuvres d’art et documents originaux recueillis et conservés par Monsieur Yves Ozanam, archiviste de l’Ordre des avocats, avec le concours de Madame Cindy Geraci, permettent de faire revivre par le texte et par l’image le Palais de Justice d’autrefois, les magistrats et les avocats de l’Ancien Régime ainsi que les procès révolutionnaires (Louis XVI, Marie-Antoinette). Le musée met en valeur des destins d’exception d’avocats qui jouèrent les premiers rôles sur la scène politique comme Léon Gambetta et Raymond Poincaré. Il rappelle de célèbres épisodes de notre histoire judiciaire, au premier rang desquels figurent l’affaire Dreyfus et le procès de Zola à la suite du célèbre « J’accuse ! ». Les dernières vitrines du musée présentent les lettres d’adieu d’avocats tragiquement disparus pendant la Deuxième guerre mondiale, la Résistance au Palais durant l’Occupation et les notes de plaidoirie de Jacques Isorni pour la défense de Robert Brasillach puis du Maréchal Pétain. L’ensemble de ces documents permet de constater à quel point l’histoire des avocats et de la Justice appartient à notre mémoire collective. Le visiteur peut ainsi considérer le musée comme un livre très illustré ou comme un album d’images abondamment légendées. Il appartient à chacun d’y découvrir ou redécouvrir les hommes et les faits du passé, avec peut être la tentation de se substituer à tel ou tel avocat dans les multiples causes présentées, voire de réformer les jugements d’hier à la lumière des enseignements de l’Histoire. Le musée est situé 25 rue du Jour à Paris dans le 1er arrondissement. Il est ouvert aux visites groupées sur réservation. Pour vos réservations ou pour toute information contactez Madame Cindy Geraci : - Par téléphone : 01 44 32 47 48 - Par courriel : [email protected] A défaut vous pouvez contacter le 01 53 63 89 40 / [email protected]

Tour Eiffel Inn Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Champ de Mars, 5 Avenue Anatole France
Paris,

0 892 70 12 39

Public Places Near Pont des Amoureux - Love Lock Bridge

Quai du Louvre
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Quai du Louvre
Paris, France 75001

Pont Neuf
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Pont Neuf
Paris, France Paris

Times of Our lives
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
France
Paris, France

Tout le monde ,petits et grands, peuvent avoir des talents .. écrire des histoires ,des poèmes ,des chansons ,Raconter des infos ,des choses .. *Cette Page est votre Monde , vous Pouvez faire tout ce que vous voulez . ---'Soyez les bienvenues Dans votre Monde , Votre page . Merci'---

Watiboutique
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
paris
Paris, France

Rue Dauphine
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Rue Dauphine
Paris, France 75006 Paris

Place du Palais-Royal
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Place du Palais-Royal
Paris, France 75001

Rue Saint-Honoré
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Honoré
Paris, France Paris

Pont Royal
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Pont Royal
Paris, France 75007

Rue Coquillière
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rue Coquillière
Paris, France

Wati Boutique
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
29 rue de la Ferronnerie
Paris, France 75001

Jardins du Palais Royal
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Jardins du Palais Royal
Paris, France Paris

Jardin des Tuileries
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Jardin des Tuileries
Paris, France 75001 Paris

Rue des Saints-Pères
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Rue des Saints-Pères
Paris, France Paris