EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Neumarkt (KVB), Cologne | Tourist Information


Neumarkt
Cologne, Germany 50667


Neumarkt is a Stadtbahn station in Innenstadt, Cologne. The station is divided in an overground part for low-floor trains and an underground part for high-floor trains. It is important as a junction between the low-floor east-western lines (1, 7, 9) and the high-floor lines (3, 4, 16, 18).Overground stationThe overground part consists mainly of two low-floor platforms on the Neumarkt square used by the East-western trains of lines, and. Although most of the trains don't terminate here in regular service, there is a loop surrounding the place. This loop, used for example by additional trains to the Stadium and by line 7 in the late evenings uses two additional platforms at the northern end of the Neumarkt. From the main platforms, there are stairs leading to the underground part of the station and to the HUGO-Passage.Adjacent to the station is also a bus stop. All bus lines terminate here, the stop for exit is near the main platforms, the entrance platform near the platforms in the loop.Underground stationThe underground station is used by the high-floor trains of lines, and. There are two side-platforms, but the station does not offer any operational infrastructure.When this station was opened, it also used low-floor platforms as also trams called here. When the platforms were elevated to allow step-free access to the trains, the escalators were not replaced, so from the platforms, a ramp was built to get to the level of the lower end of the escalators.HUGO-PassageThe HUGO-Passage is an underground concourse connecting both parts of the Station and the nearby Schildergasse. Inside, there are shops as well as a service center of the Kölner Verkehrs-Betriebe (Cologne Transport Authority).

Landmark Near Neumarkt (KVB)

Südstadion
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Vorgebirgstrasse
Cologne, 50969

0221 71616150

Das Südstadion ist ein Fußballstadion mit Leichtathletikanlage im Kölner Stadtteil Zollstock. Es ist die Heimspielstätte des Fußballdrittligisten SC Fortuna Köln und bietet 14.944 Plätze . Ab der Saison 2015/16 nutzen auch die Frauenmannschaften des 1. FC Köln die Anlage.GeschichteDas Südstadion wurde am 15. Januar 1978 eröffnet. Es wurde vor allem gebaut, um den Fußballvereinen der Kölner Südstadt (SC Fortuna Köln, Arminia 09 und Union 05) eine Spielstätte zu geben, die auch für die Zweite Bundesliga geeignet sein sollte.Der gesamte dazugehörige Jean-Löring-Sportpark trug zuvor die Bezeichnung Bezirkssportanlage Köln-Süd. 2014 wurde das Areal offiziell nach dem langjährigen Präsidenten der Fortuna, Jean Löring, benannt. Er umfasst nicht nur das eigentliche Stadion, sondern auch einen Komplex mit Umkleiden, Krafträumen und Sporthalle sowie zwei Trainingsrasen- und zwei Trainingstennenplätze. Nach dem Neubau des Rhein-Energie-Stadions ist es Kölns größtes Stadion mit Leichtathletikanlagen, die allerdings nur selten genutzt werden.NutzerSeit der Eröffnung ist das Stadion die Heimspielstätte des SC Fortuna Köln, eines langjährigen Fußballzweitligisten. Ebenso trug die zweite Mannschaft von Bayer 04 Leverkusen ihre Heimspiele in der Saison 2008/09 und 2009/10 im Südstadion aus, da die eigentliche Heimspielstätte, das Ulrich-Haberland-Stadion, im Zuge der Bauarbeiten an der Leverkusener Bayarena nicht bespielbar war. Vorher hatte bereits die zweite Mannschaft des 1. FC Köln (Amateure) bis 2005/06 ihre Spiele der Regional- und Oberliga im Südstadion ausgetragen, während ihre Heimspielstätte, das Franz-Kremer-Stadion, renoviert wurde. Für die Saison 2005/06 war das Südstadion die Heimat des damaligen Oberligisten PSI Yurdumspor Köln.

Südstadion
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Vorgebirgstrasse
Cologne, 50969

0221 71616150

Das Südstadion ist ein Fußballstadion mit Leichtathletikanlage im Kölner Stadtteil Zollstock. Es ist die Heimspielstätte des Fußballdrittligisten SC Fortuna Köln und bietet 14.944 Plätze . Ab der Saison 2015/16 nutzen auch die Frauenmannschaften des 1. FC Köln die Anlage.GeschichteDas Südstadion wurde am 15. Januar 1978 eröffnet. Es wurde vor allem gebaut, um den Fußballvereinen der Kölner Südstadt (SC Fortuna Köln, Arminia 09 und Union 05) eine Spielstätte zu geben, die auch für die Zweite Bundesliga geeignet sein sollte.Der gesamte dazugehörige Jean-Löring-Sportpark trug zuvor die Bezeichnung Bezirkssportanlage Köln-Süd. 2014 wurde das Areal offiziell nach dem langjährigen Präsidenten der Fortuna, Jean Löring, benannt. Er umfasst nicht nur das eigentliche Stadion, sondern auch einen Komplex mit Umkleiden, Krafträumen und Sporthalle sowie zwei Trainingsrasen- und zwei Trainingstennenplätze. Nach dem Neubau des Rhein-Energie-Stadions ist es Kölns größtes Stadion mit Leichtathletikanlagen, die allerdings nur selten genutzt werden.NutzerSeit der Eröffnung ist das Stadion die Heimspielstätte des SC Fortuna Köln, eines langjährigen Fußballzweitligisten. Ebenso trug die zweite Mannschaft von Bayer 04 Leverkusen ihre Heimspiele in der Saison 2008/09 und 2009/10 im Südstadion aus, da die eigentliche Heimspielstätte, das Ulrich-Haberland-Stadion, im Zuge der Bauarbeiten an der Leverkusener Bayarena nicht bespielbar war. Vorher hatte bereits die zweite Mannschaft des 1. FC Köln (Amateure) bis 2005/06 ihre Spiele der Regional- und Oberliga im Südstadion ausgetragen, während ihre Heimspielstätte, das Franz-Kremer-Stadion, renoviert wurde. Für die Saison 2005/06 war das Südstadion die Heimat des damaligen Oberligisten PSI Yurdumspor Köln.

Südstadion
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Vorgebirgstraße
Cologne, 50969

The Südstadion is a football stadium in Cologne, Germany with a 11,748 capacity including 1,863 covered seats.HistoryThe stadium was built in 1978 and renovated in 2012, adding a new stand roof, new floodlights, new sounds system, sanitary installations and also ticket booths. After SC Fortuna Köln promotion to 3. Liga, in 2014 it was renovated again by adding a partition between home and away fans, new emergency doors, wavebreakers, a video surveillance system and improvement of the security services. A plan to further renovate the stadium was projected for 2015.Other usesSC Fortuna Köln use this stadium for their home games. Cologne Falcons and 1. FC Köln II also use it sometimes for their home games.

Lutherkirche (Köln)
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Martin-Luther-Platz 2-4
Cologne, 50677

0221 384463

Die Lutherkirche ist eine evangelische Kirche in der Kölner Südstadt. Die Kirche bildet einen eigenen Bezirk in der Evangelischen Gemeinde Köln. Die Evangelische Gemeinde Köln gehört zum Evangelischen Kirchenkreis Köln-Mitte, der Teil des Evangelischen Kirchenverbands Köln und Region ist.GeschichteUm die Jahrhundertwende belief sich die Zahl der Evangelischen innerhalb der Stadtumwallung – trotz Ausgliederung der Vorortgemeinden – auf fast 50.000 Seelen. Das Presbyterium entschloss sich, neben der Antoniterkirche, Trinitatiskirche und Christuskirche eine vierte Kirche im Süden des stadtkölnischen Gebietes zu errichten. Zu diesem Zweck schrieb es im Jahr 1902 einen Architektenwettbewerb aus. Zur Ausführung kam der mit dem 1. Preis ausgezeichnete Entwurf der Berliner Architekten Johannes Vollmer und Heinrich Jassoy. Mit den Fundamentierungsarbeiten wurde im Januar 1904 begonnen. Am 8. Mai 1904 fand die feierliche Grundsteinlegung statt.Am 20. Mai 1906 erfolgte unter großer Anteilnahme der Gemeinde und in Anwesenheit des rheinischen Präses D. Hackenberg und vieler hoher Vertreter von Staat und Stadt die Einweihung.Diese erste Kirche auf dem Martin-Luther-Platz war im Renaissancestil gebaut. Die Sitzreihen waren konzentrisch um den Altar angeordnet. Etwa 800 Gemeindemitglieder fanden im Kirchenschiff und auf der Empore Platz. Die Mittelachse der Kirche war einerseits durch Kanzel und Altar, die organisch miteinander verbunden waren, und andererseits durch die Orgel, die sich auf der gegenüberliegenden Empore befand, wirkungsvoll zur Darstellung gebracht.

Severinstorburg
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Chlodwigplatz 2
Cologne, 50678

02215606095

Die Severinstorburg, im Mittelalter auch „Porta Severini“, später Severinsportz, Severinspforte, auf Kölsch Vringspooz oder einfach Severinstor genannt, ist eine von vier erhalten gebliebenen Stadttorburgen der mittelalterlichen Stadtmauer von Köln, sie ist neben St. Severin das Wahrzeichen des Severinsviertels in Köln und ein exzellentes Beispiel mittelalterlicher Befestigungsbaukunst.Aufbau und GeschichteEtwa in der ersten Hälfte des 13. Jahrhunderts wurde das Severinstor als schwere Turmtorburg mit asymmetrischem sechseckigem Turmaufbau mit zinnenbewerter Dachplattform aus Tuffsteinen errichtet. Der über der Grundmauer (rechteckiger Sockel mit Tordurchgang) vierstöckige Torturmaufbau schließt bündig mit dem Sockelbau stadtseitig ab, zwei Seiten weisen in Richtung Maueransätze, drei zur Feldseite. Über dem Portal existierte um den Hauptturm als Abschluss des Sockelbaus eine dreiseitig mit einer Zinnenmauer abgeschlossene Kampfplattform, die ein Überzimmer trug. Später wurde diese Plattform seitlich entfernt und feldseitig durch zwei kleine, zweistöckige Flankentürmen (Eckwarten) ersetzt, ursprünglich mit Zinnen, seit dem 17. Jahrhundert mit aufgesetzten Kegelhelmen versehen - vergleichbar mit dem Ehrentor. Sie dienten der direkten Verteidigung des Toreingangs. Es sicherte die wichtige Straße in den Süden des Reiches nach Bonn und galt als bedeutender strategischer Standpunkt, denn es schützte zudem mehrere Klöster.

Rautenstrauch-Joest Museum
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Cäcilienstraße 29-33
Cologne,

The Rautenstrauch-Joest Museum is an museum of ethnography in Cologne, Germany. It was reopened in 2010. The museum arose from a collection of over 3500 items belonging to ethnographer Wilhelm Joest. After his death in 1897, the collection was left to his sister Adele Rautenstrauch.

Köln Süd station
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Otto-Fischer-Str. 2
Cologne, 50674

0700 1068 1068

Köln Süd station is located in the southwestern edge of the Innenstadt of Cologne in the district of Neustadt-Süd in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. It is located between the streets of Luxemburger Straße and Zülpicher Straße. The station is a stop for regional services on the West Rhine Railway. The Cologne freight railway bypass branches off from the station over the South Bridge; it is also used as needed by passenger trains. The station has four platform tracks at two island platforms and two tracks without platforms, which are used by the intensive freight traffic. It is classified by Deutsche Bahn as a category 4 station.HistoryThe original section of the West Rhine Railway was opened in 1844 through the station as the Bonn-Cölner Eisenbahn on a direct approach to Cologne that ended at Cöln-Pantaleon station, which was then on the outskirts. With the opening of Central Station in 1859, a new line was put into operation, which diverged to the west from the existing line and ran to the Central Station on the inside of the inner ring of fortifications built by Prussia around the city in the 1880s. Beginning with the 1889 renovation of the Central Station, the feeder lines were rebuilt and raised by several metres. Because of the growth of Cologne the route was now in the middle of the city and the stations at Cologne South and Cologne West opened in 1891.

St. Pantaleon's Church, Cologne
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Am Pantaleonsberg 10a
Cologne, 50676

St. Pantaleon ist ein frühromanischer Kirchenbau in Köln im Bereich der südlichen Altstadt. Sie ist eine der zwölf großen romanischen Basiliken in der Altstadt Kölns, deren Erhalt vom Förderverein Romanische Kirchen Köln unterstützt wird. Die Kirche ist dem heiligen Pantaleon (lateinische Namensform) sowie Cosmas und Damian geweiht. Der griechische Originalname des spätantiken Märtyrers St. Pantaleon lautet Panteleímon (Παντελεήμων) und bedeutet Allerbarmer. Die Kirche diente Mönchen der gleichnamigen Benediktinerabtei bis zur Säkularisation des Klosters Ende des 18. Jahrhunderts als Abteikirche.GeschichteRömerzeitAuf eine römische Holzbauphase des 1. Jhs. folgt die Nutzung des Hügels, auf dem die heutige Kirche steht, durch eine villa suburbana. Reste der römischen Bebauung, die genauso wie alle Nachfolgebauten um 31 Grad von der Ostung abweicht, sind unter dem Chor und außerhalb von St. Pantaleon gefunden worden. Diese römische Villa im Südwesten Kölns bestand zwischen dem 2. und 4. Jh. Danach bricht die Nutzung des Geländes zunächst ab. Fritz Fremersdorf und zuletzt Sven Schütte nahmen eine Nutzung der Villa im Rahmen des christlichen Kultes an. Archäologische oder historische Indizien für eine solche Annahme fehlen jedoch vollkommen.

St. Pantaleon's Church, Cologne
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Am Pantaleonsberg 10a
Cologne, 50676

St. Pantaleon ist ein frühromanischer Kirchenbau in Köln im Bereich der südlichen Altstadt. Sie ist eine der zwölf großen romanischen Basiliken in der Altstadt Kölns, deren Erhalt vom Förderverein Romanische Kirchen Köln unterstützt wird. Die Kirche ist dem heiligen Pantaleon (lateinische Namensform) sowie Cosmas und Damian geweiht. Der griechische Originalname des spätantiken Märtyrers St. Pantaleon lautet Panteleímon (Παντελεήμων) und bedeutet Allerbarmer. Die Kirche diente Mönchen der gleichnamigen Benediktinerabtei bis zur Säkularisation des Klosters Ende des 18. Jahrhunderts als Abteikirche.GeschichteRömerzeitAuf eine römische Holzbauphase des 1. Jhs. folgt die Nutzung des Hügels, auf dem die heutige Kirche steht, durch eine villa suburbana. Reste der römischen Bebauung, die genauso wie alle Nachfolgebauten um 31 Grad von der Ostung abweicht, sind unter dem Chor und außerhalb von St. Pantaleon gefunden worden. Diese römische Villa im Südwesten Kölns bestand zwischen dem 2. und 4. Jh. Danach bricht die Nutzung des Geländes zunächst ab. Fritz Fremersdorf und zuletzt Sven Schütte nahmen eine Nutzung der Villa im Rahmen des christlichen Kultes an. Archäologische oder historische Indizien für eine solche Annahme fehlen jedoch vollkommen.

St. Pantaleon's Church, Cologne
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Am Pantaleonsberg 10a
Cologne, 50676

The Church of St. Pantaleon is an early Romanesque church in Cologne, Germany. The church dates back to the 10th century and is one the twelve Romanesque churches of Cologne. The former monastery church is consecrated to Saint Pantaleon and the Saints Cosmas and Damian and is the oldest church of the cult of Saint Pantaleon west of Byzantium. The empress Theophanu and the archbishop Bruno the Great are buried in the church, which also contains shrines of saints Alban, the first Christian martyr of Britain, and Maurinus of Cologne. Pope Benedict XVI visited the church in 2005.HistoryA Roman villa originally occupied the hill, just outside Roman Cologne, on which the church stands. Remains of this villa are still visible in the church crypt. The villa was replaced with a church around 870 and in 955, Archbishop Bruno the Great (brother of Emperor Otto the Great) added a Benedictine abbey. Here, Bruno was buried after his death. In 966, work was begun on a new church to go with the monastery. The church was consecrated in 980.

Schiefer Turm von Köln
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
An Zint Jan 1
Cologne, 50678

St. Johann Baptist ist eine katholische Kirche in Köln.GeschichteDie in der Severinstraße gelegene Kirche gehört zu den ältesten der Stadt; sie wurde 948 erstmals erwähnt und ist seit 1080 als Pfarrkirche bezeugt. Die Kirche wurde zwischen 1943 und 1945 fast gänzlich zerstört. Dabei wurde der Turm ganz und der Chor bis auf den Sockel vernichtet. Ein Teil der Seitenschiffe und das Mittelschiff blieben stehen. Letzteres wurde in den Jahren 1960–62 im Zuge des Neubaus mit einem Westturm aus Backstein ergänzt. Dieser umfasst das alte Mittelschiff und stellt den Bau als Ganzes im Stil einer Basilika dar.Die Kirche St. Johann Baptist gehört der Kirchengemeinde St. Severin, wird vom Förderverein Romanische Kirchen Köln betreut und beherbergt seit 2009 das jugendpastorale Zentrum des Erzbistums Köln, CRUX.Ausstattung Sitzmadonna Reliquienschrein der Hl. Antonina Taufbecken aus Messing Bronzene Adlerpulte Moderne ornamentale Farbverglasung von Willi Strauß OrgelDie Orgel wurde von dem Orgelbauer Romanus Seifert & Sohn (Kevelaer) erbaut. Das Instrument hat 25 Register auf zwei Manualen und Pedal. Die Spiel- und Registertrakturen sind mechanisch. Koppeln: II/I, I/P, II/PGlockenIm Turm hängen sechs Bronzeglocken. Im Jahre 1961 mussten einige Glocken nachträglich klangkorrigiert werden. Vor dem Krieg waren vier Glocken vorhanden, von denen die drei kleineren Barockglocken vernichtet wurden. Die größere, 700 kg schwere Glocke aus dem Jahre 1400 ist heute in Privatbesitz. Das Geläut ist auf das von St. Severin abgestimmt.

Imhoff-Schokoladenmuseum
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Am Schokoladenmuseum 1A
Cologne, 50678

+492219318880

The Imhoff-Schokoladenmuseum was opened by Hans Imhoff on 31 October 1993. It is situated in the Cologne quarter of Altstadt-Süd on the Rheinauhafen peninsula. The exhibits show the entire history of chocolate, from its beginnings with the Olmecs, Maya and Aztecs to contemporary products and production methods.With 5,000 guided tours and 675,000 visitors a year, the museum is in the Top Ten of German museums. The museum is entirely self-supporting, receiving no subsidy. It has its own marketing department and is used by the Schokoladenmuseum Gastronomie GmbH for events.OperatorThe museum is run by the Schokoladenmuseum Köln GmbH. Since March 2006, the Swiss chocolate manufacturer Lindt & Sprüngli has been its partner in producing exhibits. Prior to that the partner was the Cologne chocolate producer Stollwerck, and the museum was formerly known as the Imhoff-Stollwerck-Museum.

Imhoff-Schokoladenmuseum
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Am Schokoladenmuseum 1A
Cologne, 50678

+492219318880

The Imhoff-Schokoladenmuseum was opened by Hans Imhoff on 31 October 1993. It is situated in the Cologne quarter of Altstadt-Süd on the Rheinauhafen peninsula. The exhibits show the entire history of chocolate, from its beginnings with the Olmecs, Maya and Aztecs to contemporary products and production methods.With 5,000 guided tours and 675,000 visitors a year, the museum is in the Top Ten of German museums. The museum is entirely self-supporting, receiving no subsidy. It has its own marketing department and is used by the Schokoladenmuseum Gastronomie GmbH for events.OperatorThe museum is run by the Schokoladenmuseum Köln GmbH. Since March 2006, the Swiss chocolate manufacturer Lindt & Sprüngli has been its partner in producing exhibits. Prior to that the partner was the Cologne chocolate producer Stollwerck, and the museum was formerly known as the Imhoff-Stollwerck-Museum.

Rautenstrauch-Joest Museum
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Cäcilienstraße
Cologne, 50676

022122123620

Das Rautenstrauch-Joest-Museum – Kulturen der Welt in Köln ist das einzige städtische ethnologische Museum in Nordrhein-Westfalen und liegt in der Cäcilienstraße 29-33, Altstadt-Süd.Am 22. Oktober 2010 fand die Neueröffnung des Museums im Kulturquartier am Neumarkt statt. Museumsdirektor ist derzeit (2015) Klaus Schneider, zugleich Professor am Institut für Ethnologie der Universität zu Köln.Geschichte der SammlungenDas Museum besitzt eine der zehn größten und bedeutendsten ethnografischen Sammlungen Deutschlands. Die Sammlungen umfassen mehr als 65.000 Objekte aus Ozeanien, Afrika, Asien und Amerika.Den Grundstock der Sammlung bildet der Nachlass des Kölner Geografen und Völkerkundlers Wilhelm Joest (1852–1897). Zwei Jahre nach Joests frühem Tod auf einer Forschungsreise schenkte seine Schwester Adele Rautenstrauch gemeinsam mit ihrem Mann, dem Kaufmann Eugen von Rautenstrauch, die 3.400 Objekte umfassende Sammlung ihres Bruders der Stadt Köln. Sie förderte außerdem nach dem Tode ihres Mannes mit einer Spende von 250.000 Mark die Errichtung des Museums am Ubierring 45, das nach Plänen von Erwin Crones am 12. November 1906 eröffnet wurde. Das Museumsgebäude wurde nach einem Bombenvolltreffer am 28. Februar 1945 zerstört und erst am 7. Juli 1967 wiedereröffnet. Nach Umzug in das neu erbaute Kulturquartier an der Cäcilienstraße wurde das Museum am 22. Oktober 2010 wieder eröffnet.

Rautenstrauch-Joest Museum
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Cäcilienstraße
Cologne, 50676

022122123620

Das Rautenstrauch-Joest-Museum – Kulturen der Welt in Köln ist das einzige städtische ethnologische Museum in Nordrhein-Westfalen und liegt in der Cäcilienstraße 29-33, Altstadt-Süd.Am 22. Oktober 2010 fand die Neueröffnung des Museums im Kulturquartier am Neumarkt statt. Museumsdirektor ist derzeit (2015) Klaus Schneider, zugleich Professor am Institut für Ethnologie der Universität zu Köln.Geschichte der SammlungenDas Museum besitzt eine der zehn größten und bedeutendsten ethnografischen Sammlungen Deutschlands. Die Sammlungen umfassen mehr als 65.000 Objekte aus Ozeanien, Afrika, Asien und Amerika.Den Grundstock der Sammlung bildet der Nachlass des Kölner Geografen und Völkerkundlers Wilhelm Joest (1852–1897). Zwei Jahre nach Joests frühem Tod auf einer Forschungsreise schenkte seine Schwester Adele Rautenstrauch gemeinsam mit ihrem Mann, dem Kaufmann Eugen von Rautenstrauch, die 3.400 Objekte umfassende Sammlung ihres Bruders der Stadt Köln. Sie förderte außerdem nach dem Tode ihres Mannes mit einer Spende von 250.000 Mark die Errichtung des Museums am Ubierring 45, das nach Plänen von Erwin Crones am 12. November 1906 eröffnet wurde. Das Museumsgebäude wurde nach einem Bombenvolltreffer am 28. Februar 1945 zerstört und erst am 7. Juli 1967 wiedereröffnet. Nach Umzug in das neu erbaute Kulturquartier an der Cäcilienstraße wurde das Museum am 22. Oktober 2010 wieder eröffnet.

Heumarkt
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Heumarkt 47
Cologne, 50667

02 21/258 15 33

Heumarkt is a Stadtbahn interchange station in the historic Altstadt (old town) of Cologne, Western Germany. The station is an important hub between (low-floor) East-West and (high-floor) North-South connections.HistoryThe station is named after one of Cologne's busiest old-town squares, on which it is also located and − to a less favorable extent − whose build environment it has shaped for the last 40 years.Public transport at Heumarkt began in 1879, with several horsecar lines encircling the square. Connections were provided to Dome and Central Station to the North, Neumarkt and Ring to the West, and Rodenkirchen in the South. By 1902 lines throughout the city were upgraded to electric tram lines, with tram stops on Heumarkt's eastern and western sides. With completion of the Deutz Suspension Bridge in 1915, service was complemented with suburban rail connections into Cologne's left-Rhenish districts. Due to the square's proximity to the Rhine, a single station within the bridge's head was planned, but never realized.By 1950, the square was served by one tram station, with lines crossing the square midway. Service was restricted to East-West connections, while North-South connections were redirected along the Cologne Ring.

Wallraf-Richartz Museum
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Obenmarspforten
Cologne, 50667

+49 221 221 21119

The Wallraf-Richartz-Museum & Fondation Corboud is one of the three major museums in Cologne, Germany. It houses an art gallery with a collection of fine art from the medieval period to the early twentieth century.HistoryThe museum dates back to the year 1824, when the comprehensive collection of medieval art from Franz Ferdinand Wallraf came to the city of Cologne by inheritance. The first building was donated by Johann Heinrich Richartz, and the museum was opened in 1861.The collection was regularly expanded by donations, especially the collection Haubrich, containing contemporary art, in 1946. In 1976, on the occasion of the donation of Mr. and Mrs. Ludwig the collection was split. The new Museum Ludwig took over the art exhibiting of the 20th century works.The current building from 2001, near the Cologne City Hall, was designed by Oswald Mathias Ungers. Also in 2001, Swiss collector Gérard Corboud gave his comprehensive impressionist and postimpressionist collection as a permanent loan to the museum, which added “Fondation Corboud” to its name.CollectionsGothic collectionThe Madonna in the Rose Bower, shown at right, is among the Gothic paintings in the collection of the Wallraf-Richartz Museum. It was created by Stefan Lochner, who lived between 1410 and 1451 in Germany, mainly working in Cologne. He is considered a late Gothic painter. His work usually has a clean appearance, combining the Gothic attention toward long flowing lines with brilliant colors and a Flemish influence of realism and attention to detail. This painting is considered typical of his style. It was executed about 1450 and shows the Virgin and Child reposing in a blooming rose arbor that is attended by Lochner's characteristic, child angels.

Fragrance museum
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Obenmarspforten 21
Cologne, 50667

+49 221 3998994

Cologne City Hall
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Rathausplatz 1
Cologne, 50667

The City Hall is a historical building in Cologne, western Germany. It is located off Hohe Straße in the district of Innenstadt, and set between the two squares of Rathausplatz and Alter Markt. It houses part of the city government, including the city council and offices of the Lord Mayor. It is Germany's oldest city hall with a documented history spanning some 900 years. The history of its council during the 11th century is a prominent example for self-gained municipal autonomy of Medieval cities.Today's building complex consists of several structures, added successively in varying architectural styles: they include the 14th century historic town hall, the 15th century Gothic style tower, the 16th century Renaissance style loggia and cloister, and the 20th century Modern Movement atrium . The so-called Spanischer Bau is an extension on Rathausplatz but not directly connected with the main building.HistoryThe City Hall is located on the site of the former Ancient Roman Praetorium, which until the year 475 was seat of the Roman Governor of Germania Inferior. Merovingian kings are known to have used the praetorium as a regia until 754, however the building was ultimately destroyed by an earthquake in the late 8th century. Under Hildebold of Cologne, the city was elevated from a bishop's to an archbishop's see in 795, and the area around the former praetorium has become home to both a group of wealthy Patrician merchants and Cologne's Jewish community – many of whom under immunity of the king.

Groß St. Martin
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
An Groß St. Martin 9
Cologne, 50667

02212577924

Kolumba
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Kolumbastraße 4
Cologne, 50667

0049 221 933193-0

Kolumba es el museo de arte sacro de la arquidiócesis de Colonia, Alemania. Fue inaugurado el 14 de septiembre de 2007. El Museo es una edificación moderna construida por el arquitecto suizo Peter Zumthor.La ruina de la antigua Iglesia de Santa Columba fue integrada en el edificio. Es uno de los principales museos de la ciudad.Enlaces Sitio web del museo

Kolumba
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Kolumbastraße 4
Cologne, 50667

0049 221 933193-0

Kolumba es el museo de arte sacro de la arquidiócesis de Colonia, Alemania. Fue inaugurado el 14 de septiembre de 2007. El Museo es una edificación moderna construida por el arquitecto suizo Peter Zumthor.La ruina de la antigua Iglesia de Santa Columba fue integrada en el edificio. Es uno de los principales museos de la ciudad.Enlaces Sitio web del museo

Great St. Martin Church, Cologne
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
An Groß St. Martin 9
Cologne, 50667

02212577924

The Great Saint Martin Church is a Romanesque Catholic church in Cologne, Germany. Its foundations (circa 960 AD) rest on remnants of a Roman chapel, built on what was then an island in the Rhine. The church was later transformed into a Benedictine monastery. The current buildings, including a soaring crossing tower that is a landmark of Cologne's Old Town, were erected between 1150-1250. The architecture of its eastern end forms a triconch or trefoil plan, consisting of three apses around the crossing, similar to that at St. Maria im Kapitol. The church was badly damaged in World War II; restoration work was completed in 1985.As of 2009 Great Saint Martin is being used by a branch of the Monastic Fraternities of Jerusalem and is open for visits again.HistoryThe story of Great St. Martin is inextricably connected to that of the Benedictine abbey, located at the church for most of its history. A few documents from the time of the building have survived, and it is from these that knowledge of its founding comes. This information is also supported by archeological findings onsite and the study of the style of building and its ornamentation.Apocryphal historiesThe Cologne text Aedidius Gelenius, a catalogue of local saints, mentions in the 1645 edition a possible origin for the church in pre-Carolingian times. The missionaries Viro and Plechelmus, who later were affiliated with the Kaiserswerth cloister, are said to have come to the Rhine, to found monasteries and churches. They were said to be sponsored by Pippen and Plectrudis, situating their work during the years 752-768. It is possible that these two founded a church that would later become Great St. Martin.

St. Maria in der Kupfergasse
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Schwalbengasse 1
Cologne, 50667

St. Maria in der Kupfergasse is a Baroque church in Cologne, western Germany, in the district of Innenstadt. The pilgrimage church is dedicated to St. Mary, the Black Madonna. It was completed in 1715 and measures 37.20 meters in length and 17.30 metres in width.Sources Manfred Becker-Huberti, Günter A. Menne: Kölner Kirchen, die Kirchen der katholischen und evangelischen Gemeinden in Köln. J. P. Bachem Verlag, Köln 2004, ISBN 3-7616-1731-3. Stephanie Habeth-Allhorn: 175 Jahre Cellitinnen zur hl. Maria in der Kupfergasse, eine sozial-karitative Ordensgemeinschaft im Herzen von Köln. J. P. Bachem Verlag, Köln 2003, ISBN 3-7616-1768-2. Hugo Rahtgens: Die Kunstdenkmäler der Stadt Köln. Im Auftrage des Provinzialverbandes der Rheinprovinz und mit Unterstützung der Stadt Köln. Herausgegeben von Paul Clemen. 2. Band, I. Abteilung. Düsseldorf, Verlag L. Schwann 1911. Adam Wrede: Neuer kölnischer Sprachschatz. 1. Band, Greven Verlag, Köln, 9. Auflage 1984, S. 125, ISBN 3-7743-0155-7. Plenker, Werner: St. Maria in Der Kupfergasse Köln. Geschichte Und Beschreibund Der Kirche Und Gnadenkapelle St. Maria in Der Kupfergasse., Köln, 1975.

Koln Cathedral Spire
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, 50667

Köln Dom
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, 50667

0221 17940555

Hohenzollern Bridge
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Hohenzollernbrücke, 50667 Köln, Deutschland
Cologne, 51063

The Hohenzollern Bridge is a bridge crossing the river Rhine in the German city of Cologne . It crosses the Rhine at kilometre 688.5. Originally, the bridge was both a railway and street bridge, however, after its destruction in 1945 and its subsequent reconstruction, it was only accessible to rail and pedestrian traffic.It is the most heavily used railway bridge in Germany with more than 1200 trains daily, connecting the Köln Hauptbahnhof and Köln Messe/Deutz stations.HistoryThe bridge was constructed between 1907 and 1911 after the old bridge, the Cathedral Bridge (Dombrücke), was demolished. The Cathedral Bridge was unable to handle the increasing traffic in Cologne. The new bridge was named after the House of Hohenzollern.The President of the Railway Directorate Cologne, Paul von Breitenbach started planning the construction and handed over this work to his successor Rudolf Schmidt in 1906. The project was headed by the railway engineer Fritz Beer and under his direction the designs were worked out by Friedrich Dirksen. The construction of the Hohenzollern bridge took place from 1907 to 1911. Inauguration took place on May 22, 1911 by Kaiser Wilhelm II.The bridge consisted of three adjacent bridge parts, each with three iron truss arches (passage openings) in the longitudinal direction to accommodate four railroad tracks and a road. Although the location of the bridge and the railway station were already controversial in previous structures, the Hohenzollern bridge took over the orientation of the previous bridge on the central axis of the cathedral.

Kölner Dom
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, 50667

Der Kölner Dom ist eine katholische Kirche. Der Eintritt ist frei. Sie sind herzlich eingeladen zu Gottesdiensten und Andachten, Konzerten, geistlicher Musik und Orgelfeierstunden sowie zur persönlichen Andacht und Gebet. Sie können den Dom selbstständig erkunden oder an einer Führung teilnehmen. Auch eine Dombesteigung ist möglich. Eine Besichtigung der Kathedrale ist außerhalb der Gottesdienste möglich.

Excelsior Hotel Ernst
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Domplatz / Trankgasse 1-5
Cologne, 50667

The Excelsior Hotel Ernst with a view of Cologne Cathedral, the Dom, was built in 1863. Carl Ernst was the constructor and first owner of the hotel, which was formerly called "Hotel Ernst".HistoryEight years later, in 1871, Carl Ernst sold the hotel to Friedrich Kracht. Four years after buying the hotel, Kracht died and his wife and son, Carl Kracht, had to manage the Innenstadt hotel. Meanwhile, the hotel had become part of Cologne's better society, and in 1884, Carl Kracht was appointed Prince of the Cologne Carnival - a big honor in Cologne. From early times, the hotel had famous guests, such as German Emperor William I and American artist Andy Warhol.In 1889, Carl Kracht married Emma Pauline Baur of the Swiss Hoteliers family Baur, who owned both the famous Hotel Baur au Lac and the Savoy Baur en Ville. Carl Kracht and his family lived in Zurich and he managed the Hotel Baur au Lac. After his wedding, he appointed a general manager to take care of the Hotel Ernst's operations.From 1908 to 1910 the Hotel Ernst was rebuilt and re-opened as Grand-Hotel Excelsior Hotel Ernst with at the time unparalleled comfort: 100 rooms out of 250 had a private bathroom. In 1918, after World War I, the British Army moved into the hotel and used it as their headquarters during the occupation of the Rhineland. On 31 December 1926 Excelsior Hotel Ernst celebrated its second re-opening after the British army left. During World War II, a part of the hotel was damaged and the owner family was very concerned to rebuild it as soon as the war was over. So, another re-opening took place after the end of World War II.

Turbo Bao
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
On the Road
Cologne, 50000

0221 96233127

Local Business Near Neumarkt (KVB)

Highendsmoke Köln
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Severinstrasse 95b
Cologne, Germany 50678

022139754922

Herzlich willkommen bei Highendsmoke Köln. In der Kölner Südstadt findet Ihr bei uns alles rund um die E-Zigarette. Als spezialisierter Offline-Shop in Köln ist für uns fachkundige und kompetente Beratung genauso eine Selbstverständlichkeit wie eine freundliche Atmosphäre im Shop. Wir bieten eine große Auswahl an e-Liquids von German Liquids in den unterschiedlichsten Geschmacksrichtungen mit und ohne Nikotin an. Diese werden unter Einhaltung höchster Maßstäbe in Sachen Produktsicherheit und Qualität in Deutschland hergestellt. Zum Selbermischen erhaltet Ihr Basen mit 0, 6, 12 und 18 mg Nikotin und Aromen u.a von Twisted Flavors bei uns. Ein breitgefächertes Sortiment namhafter Hersteller, wie Aspire, Eleaf, Joyetech, Kangertech, SMOKtech, SmokerStore, SvoeMesto u.a., ermöglicht es uns nach ausführlicher Beratung, eure Lieblingskombination aus Akkuträger und Verdampfer zusammen zu stellen. Hier findet der Einsteiger und auch der ambitionierte Dampfer sein passendes Equipment bis hin zur Oberklasse. Darüberhinaus erhaltet Ihr natürlich auch jede Menge Zubehör und Verschleißteile, wie z.B. Akkus, Akkuladegeräte, Drip Tips, Edelstahlsieb, Kanthal- und Nickel 200 Draht, Power Banks, Verdampferköpfe, Watte, Werkzeug, Zubehör zum Selbermischen und so weiter. Schaut doch einfach mal rein, wir freuen uns auf Euch.

***KIOSK Em Veedel***
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Severinstraße 97
Cologne, Germany 50678

Von Australien bis Zypern - über Kenia, Schottland und Grönland - und sogar aus Bayern kommt es zu uns: Bier aus aller Herren Länder!

o2 Partner Shop Koeln Severinstr. 97
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Severinstr. 97
Cologne, Germany 50678

In unseren o2 Shops und Partnershops bekommt man Vertraege, Handys, Zubehoer und mehr.

Em Scheffge
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Severinstr. 104
Cologne, Germany 50678

+49-221-60603410

Deichmann
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Severinstraße 99 - 101
Cologne, Germany 50678

0221 9320331

von elegant bis extra trendy Frauen wissen es schon lang: Schuhe sind das i-Tüpfelchen eines jeden Outfits. Ob elegant, trendy oder lässig – jeder Style und modische Auftritt verlangt nach dem passenden Schuh – und das nicht nur farblich. Deichmann bietet eine große Auswahl an unterschiedlichen Modellen und Marken für Damen, Herren, Kinder sowie im Sportbereich.

Metzgerei Stürmer Catering GmbH
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Severinstraße 103
Cologne, Germany 50678

0221-313143

Metzgerei Stürmer
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Severinstr. 103
Cologne, Germany 50678

+49 (0) 2 21 / 31 31 43

La Vecchia Trattoria
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Severinstr. 108
Cologne, Germany 50678

0221-3318014

BackWerk Severinenstr.110
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Severinstr. 110
Cologne, Germany 50678

Humboldt Gymnasium Köln
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Kartäuserwall 40
Cologne, Germany

Gea
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Severinstr. 212
Cologne, Germany 50678

Für Haar und Seele
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Severinstrasse 109
Cologne, Germany 50678

0221 16 93 43 65

Homburger Papiermühle
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Homburger Papiermühle 1
Nümbrecht, Germany 51588

Dr. Peterke
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Severinstr. 132 -134
Cologne, Germany 50678

Haaralarm
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Luxemburgerstrasse 44
Cologne, Germany 50674

0221 35 65 98 7

Kyba Lounge
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Luxemburgerstr.41
Cologne, Germany 50674 Köln

Crashink
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Severinstr 133
Cologne, Germany 50678

022180167966

Es ist Sommerzeit! Und was sieht man überall? Viel nackte Haut. Viel nackte, bunte Haut! Das Tattoo bahnt sich seinen Weg durch die Bevölkerung. Doch woher weiß man, ob man für diesen Schritt bereit ist? Wir haben für Euch drei Entscheidungshilfen: Habe ich das passende Motiv gefunden? Ihr müsst von Eurem Tattoo absolut überzeugt sein. Wenn möglich zu 130 Prozent. Ihr tragt dieses Ding ein Leben lang mit Euch herum. Wählt die Stelle mit Bedacht! Mit Tinte unter der Haut ist es nicht anders als mit Mamas Schokokuchen: Nur ein kleines Weilchen genossen, aber für immer am Körper! Kann ich den Schmerz ertragen? Kinder, aufgepasst: Es tut weh. Je nach Körperstelle werdet ihr Euch wünschen, diesen Schritt niemals gewagt zu haben. Das ist kein Kindergarten! Wer schon die Spritze vom Hausarzt fürchtet, der nimmt lieber Abstand Habe ich das passende Studio gefunden? Ja Crashink Da bist du richtig. Sucht Euch den richtigen Tätowierer bei uns aus. Je nach Stil gibt es immer Spezialisten - nehmt Euch Zeit, und lasst Euch ausführlich beraten. Und nun? Alle Punkte abgehakt? Dann herzlichen Glückwunsch, Ihr seid bereit für ein Tattoo! Crashink Severinstr. 133 50678 Köln, Innenstadt E-Mail: [email protected] Internet: www.crashink.de

Herbert Steinsträsser Antiquitäten
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Salierring 26 a
Cologne, Germany 50677

Kamps Backshop
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Severinstr. 141
Cologne, Germany 50678

02219327569

Jerry Elliott Boxing Gym
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Trierer Straße 47-51
Cologne, Germany