EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Arco di Costantino, Rome | Tourist Information


it.wikipedia.org/wiki/arco_di_costantino

Via di San Gregorio
Rome, Italy 00186


L'arco di Costantino è un arco trionfale a tre fornici, situato a Roma, a breve distanza dal Colosseo. Oltre alla notevole importanza storica come monumento, l'Arco può essere considerato come un vero e proprio museo di scultura romana ufficiale, straordinario per ricchezza e importanza. Le dimensioni generali del prospetto sono di 21 m di altezza, 25,9 metri di larghezza e 7,4 m di profondità.

Historical Place Near Arco di Costantino

Colosseum
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Colosseo, Roma
Rome, Italy 00184

+39 0677400922

The Colosseum or Coliseum, also known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, is an oval amphitheatre in the centre of the city of Rome, Italy. Built of concrete and sand, it is the largest amphitheatre ever built. The Colosseum is situated just east of the Roman Forum. Construction began under the emperor Vespasian in AD 72, and was completed in AD 80 under his successor and heir Titus. Further modifications were made during the reign of Domitian (81–96). These three emperors are known as the Flavian dynasty, and the amphitheatre was named in Latin for its association with their family name (Flavius).The Colosseum could hold, it is estimated, between 50,000 and 80,000 spectators, having an average audience of some 65,000; it was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles such as mock sea battles (for only a short time as the hypogeum was soon filled in with mechanisms to support the other activities), animal hunts, executions, re-enactments of famous battles, and dramas based on Classical mythology. The building ceased to be used for entertainment in the early medieval era. It was later reused for such purposes as housing, workshops, quarters for a religious order, a fortress, a quarry, and a Christian shrine.

Colosseo
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Colosseo
Rome, Italy 00184

ROMA: La Capitale
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
piazza del Campidoglio
Rome, Italy 00186

063330863

Circo Massimo
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Via del Circo Massimo
Rome, Italy 00153

Piazza Venezia
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Piazza Venezia
Rome, Italy 00187

<>

Piazza Venezia is the central hub of Rome, Italy, in which several thoroughfares intersect, including the Via dei Fori Imperiali and the Via del Corso. It takes its name from the Palazzo Venezia, built by the Venetian Cardinal, Pietro Barbo (later Pope Paul II) alongside the church of Saint Mark, the patron saint of Venice. The Palazzo Venezia served as the embassy of the Republic of Venice in Rome.One side of the Piazza is the site of Italy's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in the Altare della Patria, part of the imposing Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II, first king of Italy.The piazza or square is at the foot of the Capitoline Hill and next to Trajan's Forum. The main artery, the Viale di Fori Imperiali begins there and leads past the Roman Forum to the Colosseum.In 2009, during excavations in the middle of the square for the construction of the Rome C Metro Line, remains of the emperor Hadrian's Athenaeum were unearthed.

Piazza Del Campidoglio
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Campidoglio
Rome, Italy 00186

Roman Forum and Palantine Hill
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Via di San Gregorio,
Rome, Italy 00193

+39 06 0608

Terme Di Caracalla
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Via delle Terme di Caracalla, 52
Rome, Italy 00153

Circus Maximus
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Via Ogliastra 34
Rome, Italy 00186

Il Circo Massimo è un antico circo romano, dedicato alle corse di cavalli, costruito a Roma. Situato nella valle tra il Palatino e l'Aventino, è ricordato come sede di giochi sin dagli inizi della storia della città: nella valle sarebbe avvenuto il mitico episodio del ratto delle Sabine, in occasione dei giochi indetti da Romolo in onore del dio Consus. Di certo l'ampio spazio pianeggiante e la sua prossimità all'approdo del Tevere dove dall'antichità più remota si svolgevano gli scambi commerciali, fecero sì che il luogo costituisse fin dalla fondazione della città lo spazio elettivo in cui condurre attività di mercato e di scambi con altre popolazioni, e – di conseguenza – anche le connesse attività rituali (si pensi all'Ara massima di Ercole) e di socializzazione, come giochi e gare.Con i suoi 600 metri di lunghezza e 140 di larghezza, è considerata la più grande struttura per spettacoli costruita dall'uomo.StoriaLe prime installazioni in legno, probabilmente in gran parte mobili, risalirebbero all'epoca di Tarquinio Prisco, nella prima metà del VI secolo a.C. La costruzione di primi impianti stabili risalirebbe al 329 a.C., quando furono edificati i primi carceres. Le prime strutture in muratura, soprattutto legate alle attrezzature per le gare, si ebbero probabilmente solo nel II secolo a.C. e fu Gaio Giulio Cesare a costruire i primi sedili in muratura e a dare la forma definitiva all'edificio, a partire dal 46 a.C.

The Colloseum, Rome Italy
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
crr
Rome, Italy 00184

Palatine Hill
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Via di San Gregorio
Rome, Italy 00186

<>

The Palatine Hill is the centermost of the Seven Hills of Rome and is one of the most ancient parts of the city. It stands 40 metres above the Roman Forum, looking down upon it on one side, and upon the Circus Maximus on the other.It is the etymological origin of the word palace and its cognates in other languages (Italian palazzo, French palais, German Palast, Czech palác, etc.).EtymologyAccording to Livy (59 BC - AD 17) the Palatine hill got its name from the Arcadian settlement of Pallantium. More likely, it is derived from the noun palātum "palate"; Ennius uses it once for the "heaven", and it may be connected with the Etruscan word for sky, falad.The term palace itself stems from Palatium.MythologyAccording to Roman mythology, the Palatine Hill was the location of the cave, known as the Lupercal, where Romulus and Remus were found by the she-wolf Lupa that kept them alive. According to this legend, the shepherd Faustulus thereafter found the infants, and with his wife Acca Larentia raised the children. When they were older, the boys killed their great-uncle (who seized the throne from their grandfather), and they both decided to build a new city of their own on the banks of the River Tiber.

Altare della Patria
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Piazza Venezia
Rome, Italy 00186

The Altare della Patria, also known as the Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II or Il Vittoriano, is a monument built in honour of Victor Emmanuel, the first king of a unified Italy, located in Rome, Italy. It occupies a site between the Piazza Venezia and the Capitoline Hill.The eclectic structure was designed by Giuseppe Sacconi in 1885; sculpture for it was parceled out to established sculptors all over Italy, such as Leonardo Bistolfi and Angelo Zanelli. It was inaugurated in 1911 and completed in 1925.The Vittoriano features stairways, Corinthian columns, fountains, an equestrian sculpture of Victor Emmanuel and two statues of the goddess Victoria riding on quadrigas. The structure is 135m wide and 70m high. If the quadrigae and winged victories are included, the height reaches 81m. It has a total area of 17,000 square metres.The base of the structure houses the museum of Italian Unification. In 2007, a panoramic lift was added to the structure, allowing visitors to ride up to the roof for 360 degree views of Rome.

Fori Imperiali Colosseo - Roma
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Via dei Fori Imperiali
Rome, Italy 00186

<>

Arch of Constantine
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Colosseo
Rome, Italy 00184

The Arch of Constantine is a triumphal arch in Rome, situated between the Colosseum and the Palatine Hill. It was erected by the Roman Senate to commemorate Constantine I's victory over Maxentius at the Battle of Milvian Bridge in 312. Dedicated in 315, it is the largest Roman triumphal arch. The arch spans the Via triumphalis, the way taken by the emperors when they entered the city in triumph.Though dedicated to Constantine, much of the decorative material incorporated earlier work from the time of the emperors Trajan, Hadrian and Marcus Aurelius, and is thus a collage. The last of the existing triumphal arches in Rome, it is also the only one to make extensive use of spolia, reusing several major reliefs from 2nd century imperial monuments, which give a striking and famous stylistic contrast to the sculpture newly created for the arch. This earned it the derisive nickname of Cornacchia di Esopo Aesop's Crow.The arch is 21 m high, 25.9 m wide and 7.4 m deep. It has three archways, the central one being 11.5 m high and 6.5 m wide and the lateral archways 7.4 m by 3.4 m each. Above the archways is placed the attic, composed of brickwork reveted with marble. A staircase within the arch is entered from a door at some height from the ground, on the west side, facing the Palatine Hill. The general design with a main part structured by detached columns and an attic with the main inscription above is modelled after the example of the Arch of Septimius Severus on the Roman Forum.

Quirinale
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Quirinale 1
Rome, Italy 00187

3348166150

Colosseo di Roma
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Colosseo, 1
Rome, Italy 00198

0559757007

Palazzo Grazioli
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Via del Plebiscito, 102
Rome, Italy 00186

Tiber Island
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Piazza di San Bartolomeo all'isola, 22
Rome, Italy 00153

<>

The Tiber Island is the only island in the Tiber river which runs through Rome. Tiber island is located in the southern bend of the Tiber.The island is boat-shaped, approximately 270m long and 67m wide, and has been connected with bridges to both sides of the river since antiquity. Being a seat of the ancient temple of Asclepius and later a hospital, the island is associated with medicine and healing.HistoryThe island has been linked to the rest of Rome by two bridges since antiquity, and was once called Insula Inter-Duos-Pontes which means "the island between the two bridges". The Ponte Fabricio, the only original bridge in Rome, connects the island from the northeast to the Field of Mars in the rione Sant'Angelo (left bank). The Ponte Cestio, of which only some original parts survived, connects the island to Trastevere on the south (right bank).There is a legend which says that after the fall of the hated tyrant Tarquinius Superbus (510 BC), the angry Romans threw his body into the Tiber. His body then settled onto the bottom where dirt and silt accumulated around it and eventually formed Tiber Island. Another version of the legend says that the people gathered up the wheat and grain of their despised ruler and threw it into the Tiber, where it eventually became the foundation of the island.

Mouth Of Truth
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Piazza della Bocca della Verita 18
Rome, Italy 00186

+39 06 678 7759

Piazza Santi Apostoli Roma
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Piazza dei Santi Apostoli
Rome, Italy 00187

<>

Monument Near Arco di Costantino

Colosseum
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Colosseo, Roma
Rome, Italy 00184

+39 0677400922

The Colosseum or Coliseum, also known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, is an oval amphitheatre in the centre of the city of Rome, Italy. Built of concrete and sand, it is the largest amphitheatre ever built. The Colosseum is situated just east of the Roman Forum. Construction began under the emperor Vespasian in AD 72, and was completed in AD 80 under his successor and heir Titus. Further modifications were made during the reign of Domitian (81–96). These three emperors are known as the Flavian dynasty, and the amphitheatre was named in Latin for its association with their family name (Flavius).The Colosseum could hold, it is estimated, between 50,000 and 80,000 spectators, having an average audience of some 65,000; it was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles such as mock sea battles (for only a short time as the hypogeum was soon filled in with mechanisms to support the other activities), animal hunts, executions, re-enactments of famous battles, and dramas based on Classical mythology. The building ceased to be used for entertainment in the early medieval era. It was later reused for such purposes as housing, workshops, quarters for a religious order, a fortress, a quarry, and a Christian shrine.

Colosseo
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Colosseo
Rome, Italy 00184

Pantheon
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Piazza della Rotonda
Rome, Italy 00186

0698875854

Appena entrate alzate gli occhi al cielo, un fascio di sole catturerà la vostra attenzione, uno spettacolare raggio di luce filtra obliquo attraverso l’oculus, l’apertura circolare larga 9 m sulla sommità della cupola, illuminando l’intero edificio. In caso di pioggia riparatevi e osservate l’acqua che cade giù prima di sparire nei 22 fori quasi invisibili del pavimento. Dedicato al culto di tutti gli dei (Pan- tutti Theon- divinità), il Pantheon fu costruito dall’imperatore Adriano tra il 118 e il 125 d.c. sui resti di un precedente tempio del 27 a.c. di cui porta ancora l’iscrizione e consacrato come chiesa cristiana nel 609 con il nome di Santa Maria ad Martyres. Nel 1870 è divenuto sacrario dei re d’Italia, e accoglie, le spoglie di Vittorio Emanuele II, Umberto I e Margherita di Savoia. Vi è anche sepolto il sommo artista rinascimentale Raffaello Sanzio.

Piazza Venezia
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Piazza Venezia
Rome, Italy 00187

<>

Piazza Venezia is the central hub of Rome, Italy, in which several thoroughfares intersect, including the Via dei Fori Imperiali and the Via del Corso. It takes its name from the Palazzo Venezia, built by the Venetian Cardinal, Pietro Barbo (later Pope Paul II) alongside the church of Saint Mark, the patron saint of Venice. The Palazzo Venezia served as the embassy of the Republic of Venice in Rome.One side of the Piazza is the site of Italy's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in the Altare della Patria, part of the imposing Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II, first king of Italy.The piazza or square is at the foot of the Capitoline Hill and next to Trajan's Forum. The main artery, the Viale di Fori Imperiali begins there and leads past the Roman Forum to the Colosseum.In 2009, during excavations in the middle of the square for the construction of the Rome C Metro Line, remains of the emperor Hadrian's Athenaeum were unearthed.

Castel Sant'Angelo
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
Lungotevere Castello, 50
Rome, Italy 00193

The Mausoleum of Hadrian, usually known as Castel Sant'Angelo, is a towering cylindrical building in Parco Adriano, Rome, Italy. It was initially commissioned by the Roman Emperor Hadrian as a mausoleum for himself and his family. The building was later used by the popes as a fortress and castle, and is now a museum. The Castle was once the tallest building in Rome.Hadrian's tombThe tomb of the Roman emperor Hadrian, also called Hadrian's mole, was erected on the right bank of the Tiber, between 134 and 139 AD. Originally the mausoleum was a decorated cylinder, with a garden top and golden quadriga. Hadrian's ashes were placed here a year after his death in Baiae in 138, together with those of his wife Sabina, and his first adopted son, Lucius Aelius, who also died in 138. Following this, the remains of succeeding emperors were also placed here, the last recorded deposition being Caracalla in 217. The urns containing these ashes were probably placed in what is now known as the Treasury room deep within the building. Hadrian also built the Pons Aelius facing straight onto the mausoleum – it still provides a scenic approach from the center of Rome and the left bank of the Tiber, and is renowned for the Baroque additions of statues of angels holding aloft elements of the Passion of Christ.

Basilica di San Pietro (Saint Peter's Basilica)
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Piazza San Pietro
Rome, Italy 00120

+ 39.06 69 88 23 50

Palatine Hill
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Via di San Gregorio
Rome, Italy 00186

<>

The Palatine Hill is the centermost of the Seven Hills of Rome and is one of the most ancient parts of the city. It stands 40 metres above the Roman Forum, looking down upon it on one side, and upon the Circus Maximus on the other.It is the etymological origin of the word palace and its cognates in other languages (Italian palazzo, French palais, German Palast, Czech palác, etc.).EtymologyAccording to Livy (59 BC - AD 17) the Palatine hill got its name from the Arcadian settlement of Pallantium. More likely, it is derived from the noun palātum "palate"; Ennius uses it once for the "heaven", and it may be connected with the Etruscan word for sky, falad.The term palace itself stems from Palatium.MythologyAccording to Roman mythology, the Palatine Hill was the location of the cave, known as the Lupercal, where Romulus and Remus were found by the she-wolf Lupa that kept them alive. According to this legend, the shepherd Faustulus thereafter found the infants, and with his wife Acca Larentia raised the children. When they were older, the boys killed their great-uncle (who seized the throne from their grandfather), and they both decided to build a new city of their own on the banks of the River Tiber.

Palazzo del Quirinale
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Quirinale
Rome, Italy 00187

3348166150

Altare della Patria
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Piazza Venezia
Rome, Italy 00186

The Altare della Patria, also known as the Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II or Il Vittoriano, is a monument built in honour of Victor Emmanuel, the first king of a unified Italy, located in Rome, Italy. It occupies a site between the Piazza Venezia and the Capitoline Hill.The eclectic structure was designed by Giuseppe Sacconi in 1885; sculpture for it was parceled out to established sculptors all over Italy, such as Leonardo Bistolfi and Angelo Zanelli. It was inaugurated in 1911 and completed in 1925.The Vittoriano features stairways, Corinthian columns, fountains, an equestrian sculpture of Victor Emmanuel and two statues of the goddess Victoria riding on quadrigas. The structure is 135m wide and 70m high. If the quadrigae and winged victories are included, the height reaches 81m. It has a total area of 17,000 square metres.The base of the structure houses the museum of Italian Unification. In 2007, a panoramic lift was added to the structure, allowing visitors to ride up to the roof for 360 degree views of Rome.

Restauro Fontana di Trevi
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Fontana di Trevi
Rome, Italy 00100

Alla Fontana di Trevi e al suo restauro sono dedicati un sito web e un'app smartphone per iPhone e dispositivi Android. Il sito web sarà raggiungibile agli indirizzi www.restaurofontanaditrevi.it e www.trevifountain.it . L’app smartphone Fontana di Trevi sarà, invece, scaricabile gratuitamente su App store o Google Play. La navigazione interattiva con Timeline Il sito web e l’app contengono una sezione tematica che illustra il progetto di RESTAURO e che consentirà al pubblico di seguire l'andamento dei lavori. Una specifica area tematica è, inoltre, dedicata alla Fontana, di cui l'utente potrà ripercorrere la STORIA e le fasi della COSTRUZIONE. La sezione IMMAGINARIO, infine, propone una selezione di contenuti fotografici e audio/video che mostra come Fontana di Trevi sia divenuta nel tempo uno dei monumenti più celebri al mondo. Caratteristica del sito è la navigazione in modalità Timeline, che consente al visitatore di visualizzare i contenuti sulla base di una linea temporale grafica. Scatta il tuo SELFIE! L’app smatphone Fontana di Trevi consentirà a tutti i visitatori della fontana (entro una distanza georeferenziata di 200 metri) di scattare un selfie con l’apposito tasto “Scatta il Tuo Selfie”. Le foto scattate dai visitatori saranno raccolte in un’area del sito web, mentre ogni utente, che invierà il selfie, riceverà via mail un poster della Fontana di Trevi personalizzato con la propria foto. Il lancio della MONETINA Sempre tramite l’applicazione smartphone, sarà possibile lanciare nella fontana una monetina virtuale e celebrare così il gesto che, secondo la nota tradizione, esprime il desiderio di ogni turista di ritornare un giorno a Roma.

Vittoriano, piazza Venezia
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
piazza Venezia
Rome, Italy

Ponte Sant'Angelo
Distance: 1.5 mi Tourist Information
Ponte Sant'Angelo
Rome, Italy 00186

Ponte Sant'Angelo, once the Aelian Bridge or Pons Aelius, meaning the Bridge of Hadrian, is a Roman bridge in Rome, Italy, completed in 134 AD by Roman Emperor Hadrian, to span the Tiber, from the city center to his newly constructed mausoleum, now the towering Castel Sant'Angelo. The bridge is faced with travertine marble and spans the Tiber with five arches, three of which are Roman; it was approached by means of ramp from the river. The bridge is now solely pedestrian, and provides a photogenic vista of the Castel Sant'Angelo. It links the rioni of Ponte (which was named after the bridge itself), and Borgo, to whom the bridge administratively belongs.HistoryStarting with the early Middle Ages, the original name went forgotten: after the ruin of the Nero's Bridge, pilgrims were forced to use this bridge to reach St Peter's Basilica, hence it was known also with the name of "bridge of Saint Peter" (pons Sancti Petri). In the sixth century, under Pope Gregory I, both the castle and the bridge took on the name Sant'Angelo, explained by a legend that an angel appeared on the roof of the castle to announce the end of the plague. Dante writes in his Comedy that during the jubilee of 1300, due to the large number of pilgrims going and coming from Saint Peter, two separate lanes were arranged on the bridge. During the 1450 jubilee, balustrades of the bridge yielded, due to the great crowds of the pilgrims, and many drowned in the river. In response, some houses at the head of the bridge as well as a Roman triumphal arch were pulled down in order to widen the route for pilgrims.

Quirinale
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Quirinale 1
Rome, Italy 00187

3348166150

Bocca della Verità
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Via della Greca, 4
Rome, Italy 00186

La Bocca della Verità is an image, carved from Pavonazzo marble, of a man-like face, located in the portico of the church of Santa Maria in Cosmedin in Rome, Italy. The sculpture is thought to be part of a first-century ancient Roman fountain, or perhaps a manhole cover, portraying one of several possible pagan gods, probably Oceanus. Most Romans believe that the 'Bocca' represents the ancient god of the river Tiber.The most famous characteristic of the Mouth, however, is its role as a lie detector. Starting from the Middle Ages, it was believed that if one told a lie with one's hand in the mouth of the sculpture, it would be bitten off. There was also a medieval legend, wrongly believed to originate with the Roman poet Virgil, of an adulterous empress who managed to deceive her husband in a trial using the Mouth. This is an infrequent subject in medieval and Renaissance art, forming part of the Power of Women literary topos. The piece was placed in the portico of the Santa Maria in Cosmedin in the 17th century. This church is also home to the relics of Saint Valentine.

Colosseo di Roma
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Colosseo, 1
Rome, Italy 00198

0559757007

Phanteon Roma
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Piazza della Rotonda
Rome, Italy

Gazometro
Distance: 1.6 mi Tourist Information
via del Commercio
Rome, Italy 00154

Tempio di Adriano - Roma
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Piazza di Pietra
Rome, Italy 00186

+ 39 06 6789345

Casa dell'Architettura
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Piazza Manfredo Fanti 47
Rome, Italy 00185

Tel. +39 06 97604580 Fax +39 06 97604581

gli eventi della Casa dell'Architettura piazza Manfredo Fanti 47, 00185 Roma

Teatro dell'Opera di Roma
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Piazza Beniamino Gigli, 1, 00184 - Roma
Rome, Italy 00184

The Teatro dell'Opera di Roma is an opera house in Rome, Italy. Originally opened in November 1880 as the 2,212 seat Costanzi Theatre, it has undergone several changes of name as well modifications and improvements. The present house seats 1,600.The original Teatro Costanzi: 1880 to 1926The Teatro dell'Opera was originally known as the Teatro Costanzi after the contractor who built it, Domenico Costanzi (1810-1898). It was financed by Costanzi, who commissioned the Milanese architect Achille Sfondrini (1836-1900), a specialist in the building and renovation of theatres. The opera house was built in eighteen months, on the site where the house of Heliogabalus stood in ancient times, and was inaugurated on 27 November 1880 with a performance of Semiramide by Gioachino Rossini.Designing the theatre, Sfondrini paid particular attention to the acoustics, conceiving the interior structure as a "resonance chamber", as is evident from the horseshoe shape in particular. With a seating capacity of 2,212, the house had three tiers of boxes, an amphitheatre and two separate galleries, surmounted by a dome adorned with splendid frescoes by Annibale Brugnoli.Costanzi was obliged to manage the theater himself. Under his direction, and despite financial problems, the opera house held many world premieres of operas, including Cavalleria rusticana by Pietro Mascagni on 17 May 1890. For a brief period the theatre was managed by Costanzi's son, Enrico, who gained renown by organizing another great premiere, that of Tosca by Giacomo Puccini on 14 January 1900.

Tourist Attraction Near Arco di Costantino

Colosseo
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Colosseo
Rome, Italy 00184

Fontana Di Trevi-Roma
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Piazza di Trevi
Rome, Italy 00187

0698875854

Pantheon
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Piazza della Rotonda
Rome, Italy 00186

0698875854

Appena entrate alzate gli occhi al cielo, un fascio di sole catturerà la vostra attenzione, uno spettacolare raggio di luce filtra obliquo attraverso l’oculus, l’apertura circolare larga 9 m sulla sommità della cupola, illuminando l’intero edificio. In caso di pioggia riparatevi e osservate l’acqua che cade giù prima di sparire nei 22 fori quasi invisibili del pavimento. Dedicato al culto di tutti gli dei (Pan- tutti Theon- divinità), il Pantheon fu costruito dall’imperatore Adriano tra il 118 e il 125 d.c. sui resti di un precedente tempio del 27 a.c. di cui porta ancora l’iscrizione e consacrato come chiesa cristiana nel 609 con il nome di Santa Maria ad Martyres. Nel 1870 è divenuto sacrario dei re d’Italia, e accoglie, le spoglie di Vittorio Emanuele II, Umberto I e Margherita di Savoia. Vi è anche sepolto il sommo artista rinascimentale Raffaello Sanzio.

Pantheon, Rome
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Piazza della Rotonda 00186 Rome, Italy
San Cesareo, Italy 00186

The Pantheon is a former Roman temple, now a church, in Rome, Italy, on the site of an earlier temple commissioned by Marcus Agrippa during the reign of Augustus (27 BC – 14 AD). The present building was completed by the emperor Hadrian and probably dedicated about 126 AD. He retained Agrippa's original inscription, which has confused its date of construction.The building is circular with a portico of large granite Corinthian columns (eight in the first rank and two groups of four behind) under a pediment. A rectangular vestibule links the porch to the rotunda, which is under a coffered concrete dome, with a central opening (oculus) to the sky. Almost two thousand years after it was built, the Pantheon's dome is still the world's largest unreinforced concrete dome. The height to the oculus and the diameter of the interior circle are the same, 43.3metres.It is one of the best-preserved of all Ancient Roman buildings, in large part because it has been in continuous use throughout its history, and since the 7th century, the Pantheon has been used as a church dedicated to "St. Mary and the Martyrs" (Santa Maria ad Martyres) but informally known as "Santa Maria Rotonda". The square in front of the Pantheon is called Piazza della Rotonda. The Pantheon is a state property, ruled by Italy's Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities and Tourism through the Polo Museale del Lazio; in 2013 it was visited by over 6 million people.

Piazza Venezia
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Piazza Venezia
Rome, Italy 00187

<>

Piazza Venezia is the central hub of Rome, Italy, in which several thoroughfares intersect, including the Via dei Fori Imperiali and the Via del Corso. It takes its name from the Palazzo Venezia, built by the Venetian Cardinal, Pietro Barbo (later Pope Paul II) alongside the church of Saint Mark, the patron saint of Venice. The Palazzo Venezia served as the embassy of the Republic of Venice in Rome.One side of the Piazza is the site of Italy's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in the Altare della Patria, part of the imposing Monument to Vittorio Emanuele II, first king of Italy.The piazza or square is at the foot of the Capitoline Hill and next to Trajan's Forum. The main artery, the Viale di Fori Imperiali begins there and leads past the Roman Forum to the Colosseum.In 2009, during excavations in the middle of the square for the construction of the Rome C Metro Line, remains of the emperor Hadrian's Athenaeum were unearthed.

Roman Forum and Palantine Hill
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Via di San Gregorio,
Rome, Italy 00193

+39 06 0608

Circus Maximus
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Via Ogliastra 34
Rome, Italy 00186

Il Circo Massimo è un antico circo romano, dedicato alle corse di cavalli, costruito a Roma. Situato nella valle tra il Palatino e l'Aventino, è ricordato come sede di giochi sin dagli inizi della storia della città: nella valle sarebbe avvenuto il mitico episodio del ratto delle Sabine, in occasione dei giochi indetti da Romolo in onore del dio Consus. Di certo l'ampio spazio pianeggiante e la sua prossimità all'approdo del Tevere dove dall'antichità più remota si svolgevano gli scambi commerciali, fecero sì che il luogo costituisse fin dalla fondazione della città lo spazio elettivo in cui condurre attività di mercato e di scambi con altre popolazioni, e – di conseguenza – anche le connesse attività rituali (si pensi all'Ara massima di Ercole) e di socializzazione, come giochi e gare.Con i suoi 600 metri di lunghezza e 140 di larghezza, è considerata la più grande struttura per spettacoli costruita dall'uomo.StoriaLe prime installazioni in legno, probabilmente in gran parte mobili, risalirebbero all'epoca di Tarquinio Prisco, nella prima metà del VI secolo a.C. La costruzione di primi impianti stabili risalirebbe al 329 a.C., quando furono edificati i primi carceres. Le prime strutture in muratura, soprattutto legate alle attrezzature per le gare, si ebbero probabilmente solo nel II secolo a.C. e fu Gaio Giulio Cesare a costruire i primi sedili in muratura e a dare la forma definitiva all'edificio, a partire dal 46 a.C.

Palazzo del Quirinale
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Quirinale
Rome, Italy 00187

3348166150

Fori Imperiali Colosseo - Roma
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Via dei Fori Imperiali
Rome, Italy 00186

<>

Foro Romano E Palatino
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
via sacra
Rome, Italy

Capitoline Hill
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Campidoglio
Rome, Italy 00186

<>

The Capitoline Hill, between the Forum and the Campus Martius, is one of the Seven Hills of Rome. It was the citadel (equivalent of the ancient Greek acropolis) of the earliest Romans. The name capitol seems to have meant "dominant height", although ancient tradition places its origin in caput ("skull": a specific skull found while laying the Temple of Jupiter foundation). By the 16th century, Capitolinus had become Capitolino in Italian, with the alternative Campidoglio stemming from Capitolium, one of the three major spurs of the Capitolinus (the others being Arx and Tarpeius). The Capitoline contains few ancient ground-level ruins, as they are almost entirely covered up by Medieval and Renaissance palaces (now housing the Capitoline Museums) that surround a piazza, a significant urban plan designed by Michelangelo.The English word capitol derives from Capitoline. Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C. is widely assumed to be named after the Capitoline Hill, but the causation is not crystal clear.

Bocca della Verità
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Via della Greca, 4
Rome, Italy 00186

La Bocca della Verità is an image, carved from Pavonazzo marble, of a man-like face, located in the portico of the church of Santa Maria in Cosmedin in Rome, Italy. The sculpture is thought to be part of a first-century ancient Roman fountain, or perhaps a manhole cover, portraying one of several possible pagan gods, probably Oceanus. Most Romans believe that the 'Bocca' represents the ancient god of the river Tiber.The most famous characteristic of the Mouth, however, is its role as a lie detector. Starting from the Middle Ages, it was believed that if one told a lie with one's hand in the mouth of the sculpture, it would be bitten off. There was also a medieval legend, wrongly believed to originate with the Roman poet Virgil, of an adulterous empress who managed to deceive her husband in a trial using the Mouth. This is an infrequent subject in medieval and Renaissance art, forming part of the Power of Women literary topos. The piece was placed in the portico of the Santa Maria in Cosmedin in the 17th century. This church is also home to the relics of Saint Valentine.

Basilica di San Pietro in Vincoli
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Piazza di San Pietro in Vincoli, 4a
Rome, Italy 00184

0697844950

Altare Della Patria
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Piazza Venezia
Rome, Italy 00187

Mouth Of Truth
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Piazza della Bocca della Verita 18
Rome, Italy 00186

+39 06 678 7759

Via Del Tritone
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Via del Tritone
Rome, Italy 00187

<>

Victor Emmanuel Monument, Rome
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Piazza Venezia, 00186 Roma, Italy
Rome, Italy 00186

+39 06 678 0664

Palazzo Ferrajoli
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Piazza Colonna
Rome, Italy 00186

<>

Palazzo Barberini
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Via delle Quattro Fontane, 13
Rome, Italy 00186

+39064814591

Palazzo Barberini is a palace in Rome, facing the Piazza Barberini in Rione Trevi. It houses the Galleria Nazionale d'Arte Antica.HistoryThe sloping site had formerly been occupied by a garden-vineyard of the Sforza family, in which a palazzetto had been built in 1549. The sloping site passed from one cardinal to another during the sixteenth century, with no project fully getting off the ground.When Cardinal Alessandro Sforza met financial hardships, the still semi-urban site was purchased in 1625 by Maffeo Barberini, of the Barberini family, who became Pope Urban VIII.Three great architects worked to create the Palazzo, each contributing his own style and character to the building. Carlo Maderno, then at work extending the nave of St Peter's, was commissioned to enclose the Villa Sforza within a vast Renaissance block along the lines of Palazzo Farnese; however, the design quickly evolved into a precedent-setting combination of an urban seat of princely power combined with a garden front that had the nature of a suburban villa with a semi-enclosed garden.Maderno began in 1627, assisted by his nephew Francesco Borromini. When Maderno died in 1629, Borromini was passed over and the commission was awarded to Bernini, a young prodigy then better known as a sculptor. Borromini stayed on regardless and the two architects worked together, albeit briefly, on this project and at the Palazzo Spada. Works were completed by Bernini in 1633.

Coliseu De Roma
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Itália
Rome, Italy

<>

Local Business Near Arco di Costantino

Arch of Constantine
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Colosseo
Rome, Italy 00184

The Arch of Constantine is a triumphal arch in Rome, situated between the Colosseum and the Palatine Hill. It was erected by the Roman Senate to commemorate Constantine I's victory over Maxentius at the Battle of Milvian Bridge in 312. Dedicated in 315, it is the largest Roman triumphal arch. The arch spans the Via triumphalis, the way taken by the emperors when they entered the city in triumph.Though dedicated to Constantine, much of the decorative material incorporated earlier work from the time of the emperors Trajan, Hadrian and Marcus Aurelius, and is thus a collage. The last of the existing triumphal arches in Rome, it is also the only one to make extensive use of spolia, reusing several major reliefs from 2nd century imperial monuments, which give a striking and famous stylistic contrast to the sculpture newly created for the arch. This earned it the derisive nickname of Cornacchia di Esopo Aesop's Crow.The arch is 21 m high, 25.9 m wide and 7.4 m deep. It has three archways, the central one being 11.5 m high and 6.5 m wide and the lateral archways 7.4 m by 3.4 m each. Above the archways is placed the attic, composed of brickwork reveted with marble. A staircase within the arch is entered from a door at some height from the ground, on the west side, facing the Palatine Hill. The general design with a main part structured by detached columns and an attic with the main inscription above is modelled after the example of the Arch of Septimius Severus on the Roman Forum.

MagnaRoma
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
piazza del colosseo
Rome, Italy 00100

Colosseum
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Colosseo, Roma
Rome, Italy 00184

+39 0677400922

The Colosseum or Coliseum, also known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, is an oval amphitheatre in the centre of the city of Rome, Italy. Built of concrete and sand, it is the largest amphitheatre ever built. The Colosseum is situated just east of the Roman Forum. Construction began under the emperor Vespasian in AD 72, and was completed in AD 80 under his successor and heir Titus. Further modifications were made during the reign of Domitian (81–96). These three emperors are known as the Flavian dynasty, and the amphitheatre was named in Latin for its association with their family name (Flavius).The Colosseum could hold, it is estimated, between 50,000 and 80,000 spectators, having an average audience of some 65,000; it was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles such as mock sea battles (for only a short time as the hypogeum was soon filled in with mechanisms to support the other activities), animal hunts, executions, re-enactments of famous battles, and dramas based on Classical mythology. The building ceased to be used for entertainment in the early medieval era. It was later reused for such purposes as housing, workshops, quarters for a religious order, a fortress, a quarry, and a Christian shrine.

Fori Imperiali Colosseo - Roma
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Via dei Fori Imperiali
Rome, Italy 00186

<>

Temple of Venus and Roma
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Piazza del Colosseo Roma
Rome, Italy

The Temple of Venus and Roma Latin: Templum Veneris et Romae is thought to have been the largest temple in Ancient Rome. Located on the Velian Hill, between the eastern edge of the Forum Romanum and the Colosseum, it was dedicated to the goddesses Venus Felix ("Venus the Bringer of Good Fortune") and Roma Aeterna ("Eternal Rome"). The architect was the emperor Hadrian and construction began in 121. It was officially inaugurated by Hadrian in 135, and finished in 141 under Antoninus Pius. Damaged by fire in 307, it was restored with alterations by the emperor Maxentius.HistoryIn order to build the temple, erected on the remnants of the porticoed vestibule to Emperor Nero's Domus Aurea, the Colossus of Nero was moved and placed near the amphitheatre, which shortly afterwards became known as the Colosseum. Unimpressed by his emperor's architectural skills, Hadrian's most brilliant architect, Apollodorus, made a scornful remark on the size of the seated statues within the cellae, saying that they would surely hurt their heads if they tried to stand up from their thrones. Apollodorus was banished and executed not long after this.

Facoltà di Ingegneria Civile e Industriale, Sapienza Università di Roma
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Via Eudossiana, 18
Rome, Italy 00184

The Colloseum, Rome Italy
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
crr
Rome, Italy 00184

Metro Colosseo
Distance: 0.1 mi Tourist Information
Via dei Fori Imperiali
Rome, Italy 00186

<>

Via Dei Presepi, San Gregorio Armeno - Napoli
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Via San Gregorio Armeno
Rome, Italy

348 702 7734

Vista Club by Eventi Bolla
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Via di San Gregorio
Rome, Italy 00184

3460116807

Roma
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Roma/112163328795888
Rome, Italy 00100

060608

Palatine Hill
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
Via di San Gregorio
Rome, Italy 00186

<>

The Palatine Hill is the centermost of the Seven Hills of Rome and is one of the most ancient parts of the city. It stands 40 metres above the Roman Forum, looking down upon it on one side, and upon the Circus Maximus on the other.It is the etymological origin of the word palace and its cognates in other languages (Italian palazzo, French palais, German Palast, Czech palác, etc.).EtymologyAccording to Livy (59 BC - AD 17) the Palatine hill got its name from the Arcadian settlement of Pallantium. More likely, it is derived from the noun palātum "palate"; Ennius uses it once for the "heaven", and it may be connected with the Etruscan word for sky, falad.The term palace itself stems from Palatium.MythologyAccording to Roman mythology, the Palatine Hill was the location of the cave, known as the Lupercal, where Romulus and Remus were found by the she-wolf Lupa that kept them alive. According to this legend, the shepherd Faustulus thereafter found the infants, and with his wife Acca Larentia raised the children. When they were older, the boys killed their great-uncle (who seized the throne from their grandfather), and they both decided to build a new city of their own on the banks of the River Tiber.

Foro Romano E Palatino
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
via sacra
Rome, Italy

Studi Mediaset "Palatino"
Distance: 0.2 mi Tourist Information
P.zza SS.Giovanni e Paolo, 8
Rome, Italy 00184

Agadez Negozio
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Via San Giovanni in Laterano,52
Rome, Italy 00184

067009516

dal 1999 un artigiano tuareg e una designer italiana creano e producono gioielli in argento e complementi d'arredo.

GERUNDIO
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Vicolo del Buon Consiglio, 27
Rome, Italy 00184

0039 06 9761 6151

In più di 10 anni di creatività abbiamo lavorato con tante aziende diverse, da alcune abbiamo imparato molto ad altre abbiamo insegnato qualcosa. Tutte ci hanno portato dove siamo. Oggi siamo in grado di misurarci su mercati diversi, prendendoci cura di marchi e prodotti provenienti dai più disparati settori merceologici.

Facoltà Di Ingegneria San Pietro In Vincoli
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Via Eudossiana 18
Rome, Italy 00184

Roman Forum and Palantine Hill
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Via di San Gregorio,
Rome, Italy 00193

+39 06 0608

Roma Parco Del Colle Oppio, viale Della Domus Aurea
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Viale Della Domus Aurea
Rome, Italy

INFO Personal Computer
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Via
Rome, Italy 00184

3386881315