EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Ebertplatz, Cologne | Tourist Information


Ebertplatz
Cologne, Germany 50670


Der U-Bahnhof Ebertplatz ist der größte unterirdische Knotenpunkt der Kölner Stadtbahn. Er ist als viergleisiger Kreuzungsbahnhof ausgelegt, der im Richtungsbetrieb befahren wird. Der Ebertplatz ist einer der wichtigsten Umsteigepunkte zwischen Hochflur- und Niederflurnetz und wird täglich von fast 35.000 Ein- und Aussteigern frequentiert.GeschichteDer Ebertplatz war bereits für die Kölner Straßenbahn ein bedeutender Knotenpunkt. Im Zuge der ersten Erweiterung des U-Straßenbahn-Netzes wurde der vollständige Knotenpunkt unter die Erde verlegt. Im Gegensatz zu den bisherigen Tunnelbauten wurde – auch aufgrund der erstmaligen Förderung durch Landesmittel – großer Wert auf die Leistungsfähigkeit der Anlage gelegt. Fast alle Fahrbeziehungen können befahren werden, ohne andere Relationen zu kreuzen. Dazu wurden unterirdisch höhenfreie Verzweigungen angelegt. Zusätzlich verfügt die Haltestellenanlage über eine unterirdische Wendeschleife.Die Station war ursprünglich für den Betrieb mit Einrichtungswagen ausgelegt. Neben der Wendeschleife zeugt davon auch der Umstand, dass ursprünglich rechts von jedem Gleis ein Seitenbahnsteig existierte, wobei die Außengleise ursprünglich sogar durch Absperrgitter von den Bahnsteigen der Innengleise getrennt waren. Die Bahnsteige lagen alle 35 cm über der Schienenoberkante. Eine spätere Erhöhung der Bahnsteige für Hochflur-Stadtbahnwagen war von Anfang an vorgesehen; insbesondere endeten alle Rolltreppen auf 90 cm und waren vom Bahnsteigniveau nur über Rampen zu erreichen.

Landmark Near Ebertplatz

Imhoff-Schokoladenmuseum
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Am Schokoladenmuseum 1A
Cologne, 50678

+492219318880

The Imhoff-Schokoladenmuseum was opened by Hans Imhoff on 31 October 1993. It is situated in the Cologne quarter of Altstadt-Süd on the Rheinauhafen peninsula. The exhibits show the entire history of chocolate, from its beginnings with the Olmecs, Maya and Aztecs to contemporary products and production methods.With 5,000 guided tours and 675,000 visitors a year, the museum is in the Top Ten of German museums. The museum is entirely self-supporting, receiving no subsidy. It has its own marketing department and is used by the Schokoladenmuseum Gastronomie GmbH for events.OperatorThe museum is run by the Schokoladenmuseum Köln GmbH. Since March 2006, the Swiss chocolate manufacturer Lindt & Sprüngli has been its partner in producing exhibits. Prior to that the partner was the Cologne chocolate producer Stollwerck, and the museum was formerly known as the Imhoff-Stollwerck-Museum.

Imhoff-Schokoladenmuseum
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Am Schokoladenmuseum 1A
Cologne, 50678

+492219318880

The Imhoff-Schokoladenmuseum was opened by Hans Imhoff on 31 October 1993. It is situated in the Cologne quarter of Altstadt-Süd on the Rheinauhafen peninsula. The exhibits show the entire history of chocolate, from its beginnings with the Olmecs, Maya and Aztecs to contemporary products and production methods.With 5,000 guided tours and 675,000 visitors a year, the museum is in the Top Ten of German museums. The museum is entirely self-supporting, receiving no subsidy. It has its own marketing department and is used by the Schokoladenmuseum Gastronomie GmbH for events.OperatorThe museum is run by the Schokoladenmuseum Köln GmbH. Since March 2006, the Swiss chocolate manufacturer Lindt & Sprüngli has been its partner in producing exhibits. Prior to that the partner was the Cologne chocolate producer Stollwerck, and the museum was formerly known as the Imhoff-Stollwerck-Museum.

Rautenstrauch-Joest Museum
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Cäcilienstraße
Cologne, 50676

022122123620

Das Rautenstrauch-Joest-Museum – Kulturen der Welt in Köln ist das einzige städtische ethnologische Museum in Nordrhein-Westfalen und liegt in der Cäcilienstraße 29-33, Altstadt-Süd.Am 22. Oktober 2010 fand die Neueröffnung des Museums im Kulturquartier am Neumarkt statt. Museumsdirektor ist derzeit (2015) Klaus Schneider, zugleich Professor am Institut für Ethnologie der Universität zu Köln.Geschichte der SammlungenDas Museum besitzt eine der zehn größten und bedeutendsten ethnografischen Sammlungen Deutschlands. Die Sammlungen umfassen mehr als 65.000 Objekte aus Ozeanien, Afrika, Asien und Amerika.Den Grundstock der Sammlung bildet der Nachlass des Kölner Geografen und Völkerkundlers Wilhelm Joest (1852–1897). Zwei Jahre nach Joests frühem Tod auf einer Forschungsreise schenkte seine Schwester Adele Rautenstrauch gemeinsam mit ihrem Mann, dem Kaufmann Eugen von Rautenstrauch, die 3.400 Objekte umfassende Sammlung ihres Bruders der Stadt Köln. Sie förderte außerdem nach dem Tode ihres Mannes mit einer Spende von 250.000 Mark die Errichtung des Museums am Ubierring 45, das nach Plänen von Erwin Crones am 12. November 1906 eröffnet wurde. Das Museumsgebäude wurde nach einem Bombenvolltreffer am 28. Februar 1945 zerstört und erst am 7. Juli 1967 wiedereröffnet. Nach Umzug in das neu erbaute Kulturquartier an der Cäcilienstraße wurde das Museum am 22. Oktober 2010 wieder eröffnet.

Rautenstrauch-Joest Museum
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
Cäcilienstraße
Cologne, 50676

022122123620

Das Rautenstrauch-Joest-Museum – Kulturen der Welt in Köln ist das einzige städtische ethnologische Museum in Nordrhein-Westfalen und liegt in der Cäcilienstraße 29-33, Altstadt-Süd.Am 22. Oktober 2010 fand die Neueröffnung des Museums im Kulturquartier am Neumarkt statt. Museumsdirektor ist derzeit (2015) Klaus Schneider, zugleich Professor am Institut für Ethnologie der Universität zu Köln.Geschichte der SammlungenDas Museum besitzt eine der zehn größten und bedeutendsten ethnografischen Sammlungen Deutschlands. Die Sammlungen umfassen mehr als 65.000 Objekte aus Ozeanien, Afrika, Asien und Amerika.Den Grundstock der Sammlung bildet der Nachlass des Kölner Geografen und Völkerkundlers Wilhelm Joest (1852–1897). Zwei Jahre nach Joests frühem Tod auf einer Forschungsreise schenkte seine Schwester Adele Rautenstrauch gemeinsam mit ihrem Mann, dem Kaufmann Eugen von Rautenstrauch, die 3.400 Objekte umfassende Sammlung ihres Bruders der Stadt Köln. Sie förderte außerdem nach dem Tode ihres Mannes mit einer Spende von 250.000 Mark die Errichtung des Museums am Ubierring 45, das nach Plänen von Erwin Crones am 12. November 1906 eröffnet wurde. Das Museumsgebäude wurde nach einem Bombenvolltreffer am 28. Februar 1945 zerstört und erst am 7. Juli 1967 wiedereröffnet. Nach Umzug in das neu erbaute Kulturquartier an der Cäcilienstraße wurde das Museum am 22. Oktober 2010 wieder eröffnet.

Heumarkt
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Heumarkt 47
Cologne, 50667

02 21/258 15 33

Heumarkt is a Stadtbahn interchange station in the historic Altstadt (old town) of Cologne, Western Germany. The station is an important hub between (low-floor) East-West and (high-floor) North-South connections.HistoryThe station is named after one of Cologne's busiest old-town squares, on which it is also located and − to a less favorable extent − whose build environment it has shaped for the last 40 years.Public transport at Heumarkt began in 1879, with several horsecar lines encircling the square. Connections were provided to Dome and Central Station to the North, Neumarkt and Ring to the West, and Rodenkirchen in the South. By 1902 lines throughout the city were upgraded to electric tram lines, with tram stops on Heumarkt's eastern and western sides. With completion of the Deutz Suspension Bridge in 1915, service was complemented with suburban rail connections into Cologne's left-Rhenish districts. Due to the square's proximity to the Rhine, a single station within the bridge's head was planned, but never realized.By 1950, the square was served by one tram station, with lines crossing the square midway. Service was restricted to East-West connections, while North-South connections were redirected along the Cologne Ring.

Neumarkt (KVB)
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Neumarkt
Cologne, 50667

Neumarkt is a Stadtbahn station in Innenstadt, Cologne. The station is divided in an overground part for low-floor trains and an underground part for high-floor trains. It is important as a junction between the low-floor east-western lines (1, 7, 9) and the high-floor lines (3, 4, 16, 18).Overground stationThe overground part consists mainly of two low-floor platforms on the Neumarkt square used by the East-western trains of lines, and. Although most of the trains don't terminate here in regular service, there is a loop surrounding the place. This loop, used for example by additional trains to the Stadium and by line 7 in the late evenings uses two additional platforms at the northern end of the Neumarkt. From the main platforms, there are stairs leading to the underground part of the station and to the HUGO-Passage.Adjacent to the station is also a bus stop. All bus lines terminate here, the stop for exit is near the main platforms, the entrance platform near the platforms in the loop.Underground stationThe underground station is used by the high-floor trains of lines, and. There are two side-platforms, but the station does not offer any operational infrastructure.When this station was opened, it also used low-floor platforms as also trams called here. When the platforms were elevated to allow step-free access to the trains, the escalators were not replaced, so from the platforms, a ramp was built to get to the level of the lower end of the escalators.HUGO-PassageThe HUGO-Passage is an underground concourse connecting both parts of the Station and the nearby Schildergasse. Inside, there are shops as well as a service center of the Kölner Verkehrs-Betriebe (Cologne Transport Authority).

Nana's castle
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Deutzer Freiheit xx
Cologne, 50679

01701234567

Nana's castle
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
Deutzer Freiheit xx
Cologne, 50679

01701234567

Wallraf-Richartz Museum
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Obenmarspforten
Cologne, 50667

+49 221 221 21119

The Wallraf-Richartz-Museum & Fondation Corboud is one of the three major museums in Cologne, Germany. It houses an art gallery with a collection of fine art from the medieval period to the early twentieth century.HistoryThe museum dates back to the year 1824, when the comprehensive collection of medieval art from Franz Ferdinand Wallraf came to the city of Cologne by inheritance. The first building was donated by Johann Heinrich Richartz, and the museum was opened in 1861.The collection was regularly expanded by donations, especially the collection Haubrich, containing contemporary art, in 1946. In 1976, on the occasion of the donation of Mr. and Mrs. Ludwig the collection was split. The new Museum Ludwig took over the art exhibiting of the 20th century works.The current building from 2001, near the Cologne City Hall, was designed by Oswald Mathias Ungers. Also in 2001, Swiss collector Gérard Corboud gave his comprehensive impressionist and postimpressionist collection as a permanent loan to the museum, which added “Fondation Corboud” to its name.CollectionsGothic collectionThe Madonna in the Rose Bower, shown at right, is among the Gothic paintings in the collection of the Wallraf-Richartz Museum. It was created by Stefan Lochner, who lived between 1410 and 1451 in Germany, mainly working in Cologne. He is considered a late Gothic painter. His work usually has a clean appearance, combining the Gothic attention toward long flowing lines with brilliant colors and a Flemish influence of realism and attention to detail. This painting is considered typical of his style. It was executed about 1450 and shows the Virgin and Child reposing in a blooming rose arbor that is attended by Lochner's characteristic, child angels.

Fragrance museum
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Obenmarspforten 21
Cologne, 50667

+49 221 3998994

Cologne City Hall
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Rathausplatz 1
Cologne, 50667

The City Hall is a historical building in Cologne, western Germany. It is located off Hohe Straße in the district of Innenstadt, and set between the two squares of Rathausplatz and Alter Markt. It houses part of the city government, including the city council and offices of the Lord Mayor. It is Germany's oldest city hall with a documented history spanning some 900 years. The history of its council during the 11th century is a prominent example for self-gained municipal autonomy of Medieval cities.Today's building complex consists of several structures, added successively in varying architectural styles: they include the 14th century historic town hall, the 15th century Gothic style tower, the 16th century Renaissance style loggia and cloister, and the 20th century Modern Movement atrium . The so-called Spanischer Bau is an extension on Rathausplatz but not directly connected with the main building.HistoryThe City Hall is located on the site of the former Ancient Roman Praetorium, which until the year 475 was seat of the Roman Governor of Germania Inferior. Merovingian kings are known to have used the praetorium as a regia until 754, however the building was ultimately destroyed by an earthquake in the late 8th century. Under Hildebold of Cologne, the city was elevated from a bishop's to an archbishop's see in 795, and the area around the former praetorium has become home to both a group of wealthy Patrician merchants and Cologne's Jewish community – many of whom under immunity of the king.

Groß St. Martin
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
An Groß St. Martin 9
Cologne, 50667

02212577924

Kolumba
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Kolumbastraße 4
Cologne, 50667

0049 221 933193-0

Kolumba es el museo de arte sacro de la arquidiócesis de Colonia, Alemania. Fue inaugurado el 14 de septiembre de 2007. El Museo es una edificación moderna construida por el arquitecto suizo Peter Zumthor.La ruina de la antigua Iglesia de Santa Columba fue integrada en el edificio. Es uno de los principales museos de la ciudad.Enlaces Sitio web del museo

Kolumba
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Kolumbastraße 4
Cologne, 50667

0049 221 933193-0

Kolumba es el museo de arte sacro de la arquidiócesis de Colonia, Alemania. Fue inaugurado el 14 de septiembre de 2007. El Museo es una edificación moderna construida por el arquitecto suizo Peter Zumthor.La ruina de la antigua Iglesia de Santa Columba fue integrada en el edificio. Es uno de los principales museos de la ciudad.Enlaces Sitio web del museo

Great St. Martin Church, Cologne
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
An Groß St. Martin 9
Cologne, 50667

02212577924

The Great Saint Martin Church is a Romanesque Catholic church in Cologne, Germany. Its foundations (circa 960 AD) rest on remnants of a Roman chapel, built on what was then an island in the Rhine. The church was later transformed into a Benedictine monastery. The current buildings, including a soaring crossing tower that is a landmark of Cologne's Old Town, were erected between 1150-1250. The architecture of its eastern end forms a triconch or trefoil plan, consisting of three apses around the crossing, similar to that at St. Maria im Kapitol. The church was badly damaged in World War II; restoration work was completed in 1985.As of 2009 Great Saint Martin is being used by a branch of the Monastic Fraternities of Jerusalem and is open for visits again.HistoryThe story of Great St. Martin is inextricably connected to that of the Benedictine abbey, located at the church for most of its history. A few documents from the time of the building have survived, and it is from these that knowledge of its founding comes. This information is also supported by archeological findings onsite and the study of the style of building and its ornamentation.Apocryphal historiesThe Cologne text Aedidius Gelenius, a catalogue of local saints, mentions in the 1645 edition a possible origin for the church in pre-Carolingian times. The missionaries Viro and Plechelmus, who later were affiliated with the Kaiserswerth cloister, are said to have come to the Rhine, to found monasteries and churches. They were said to be sponsored by Pippen and Plectrudis, situating their work during the years 752-768. It is possible that these two founded a church that would later become Great St. Martin.

St. Maria in der Kupfergasse
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Schwalbengasse 1
Cologne, 50667

St. Maria in der Kupfergasse is a Baroque church in Cologne, western Germany, in the district of Innenstadt. The pilgrimage church is dedicated to St. Mary, the Black Madonna. It was completed in 1715 and measures 37.20 meters in length and 17.30 metres in width.Sources Manfred Becker-Huberti, Günter A. Menne: Kölner Kirchen, die Kirchen der katholischen und evangelischen Gemeinden in Köln. J. P. Bachem Verlag, Köln 2004, ISBN 3-7616-1731-3. Stephanie Habeth-Allhorn: 175 Jahre Cellitinnen zur hl. Maria in der Kupfergasse, eine sozial-karitative Ordensgemeinschaft im Herzen von Köln. J. P. Bachem Verlag, Köln 2003, ISBN 3-7616-1768-2. Hugo Rahtgens: Die Kunstdenkmäler der Stadt Köln. Im Auftrage des Provinzialverbandes der Rheinprovinz und mit Unterstützung der Stadt Köln. Herausgegeben von Paul Clemen. 2. Band, I. Abteilung. Düsseldorf, Verlag L. Schwann 1911. Adam Wrede: Neuer kölnischer Sprachschatz. 1. Band, Greven Verlag, Köln, 9. Auflage 1984, S. 125, ISBN 3-7743-0155-7. Plenker, Werner: St. Maria in Der Kupfergasse Köln. Geschichte Und Beschreibund Der Kirche Und Gnadenkapelle St. Maria in Der Kupfergasse., Köln, 1975.

Koln Cathedral Spire
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, 50667

Köln Dom
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, 50667

0221 17940555

Hohenzollern Bridge
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Hohenzollernbrücke, 50667 Köln, Deutschland
Cologne, 51063

The Hohenzollern Bridge is a bridge crossing the river Rhine in the German city of Cologne . It crosses the Rhine at kilometre 688.5. Originally, the bridge was both a railway and street bridge, however, after its destruction in 1945 and its subsequent reconstruction, it was only accessible to rail and pedestrian traffic.It is the most heavily used railway bridge in Germany with more than 1200 trains daily, connecting the Köln Hauptbahnhof and Köln Messe/Deutz stations.HistoryThe bridge was constructed between 1907 and 1911 after the old bridge, the Cathedral Bridge (Dombrücke), was demolished. The Cathedral Bridge was unable to handle the increasing traffic in Cologne. The new bridge was named after the House of Hohenzollern.The President of the Railway Directorate Cologne, Paul von Breitenbach started planning the construction and handed over this work to his successor Rudolf Schmidt in 1906. The project was headed by the railway engineer Fritz Beer and under his direction the designs were worked out by Friedrich Dirksen. The construction of the Hohenzollern bridge took place from 1907 to 1911. Inauguration took place on May 22, 1911 by Kaiser Wilhelm II.The bridge consisted of three adjacent bridge parts, each with three iron truss arches (passage openings) in the longitudinal direction to accommodate four railroad tracks and a road. Although the location of the bridge and the railway station were already controversial in previous structures, the Hohenzollern bridge took over the orientation of the previous bridge on the central axis of the cathedral.

Kölner Dom
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, 50667

Der Kölner Dom ist eine katholische Kirche. Der Eintritt ist frei. Sie sind herzlich eingeladen zu Gottesdiensten und Andachten, Konzerten, geistlicher Musik und Orgelfeierstunden sowie zur persönlichen Andacht und Gebet. Sie können den Dom selbstständig erkunden oder an einer Führung teilnehmen. Auch eine Dombesteigung ist möglich. Eine Besichtigung der Kathedrale ist außerhalb der Gottesdienste möglich.

Excelsior Hotel Ernst
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Domplatz / Trankgasse 1-5
Cologne, 50667

The Excelsior Hotel Ernst with a view of Cologne Cathedral, the Dom, was built in 1863. Carl Ernst was the constructor and first owner of the hotel, which was formerly called "Hotel Ernst".HistoryEight years later, in 1871, Carl Ernst sold the hotel to Friedrich Kracht. Four years after buying the hotel, Kracht died and his wife and son, Carl Kracht, had to manage the Innenstadt hotel. Meanwhile, the hotel had become part of Cologne's better society, and in 1884, Carl Kracht was appointed Prince of the Cologne Carnival - a big honor in Cologne. From early times, the hotel had famous guests, such as German Emperor William I and American artist Andy Warhol.In 1889, Carl Kracht married Emma Pauline Baur of the Swiss Hoteliers family Baur, who owned both the famous Hotel Baur au Lac and the Savoy Baur en Ville. Carl Kracht and his family lived in Zurich and he managed the Hotel Baur au Lac. After his wedding, he appointed a general manager to take care of the Hotel Ernst's operations.From 1908 to 1910 the Hotel Ernst was rebuilt and re-opened as Grand-Hotel Excelsior Hotel Ernst with at the time unparalleled comfort: 100 rooms out of 250 had a private bathroom. In 1918, after World War I, the British Army moved into the hotel and used it as their headquarters during the occupation of the Rhineland. On 31 December 1926 Excelsior Hotel Ernst celebrated its second re-opening after the British army left. During World War II, a part of the hotel was damaged and the owner family was very concerned to rebuild it as soon as the war was over. So, another re-opening took place after the end of World War II.

Turbo Bao
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
On the Road
Cologne, 50000

0221 96233127

Disco Latina Exclusiva
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
Hohenzollernring 90
Cologne, 50672

0221 419947

Köln Hauptbahnhof
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Trankgasse 11
Cologne, 50667

01805 996633

Der Kölner Hauptbahnhof ist der wichtigste Eisenbahnknoten von Köln und liegt im Stadtzentrum neben dem Kölner Dom. Mit täglich etwa 280.000 Reisenden steht er nach Hamburg, München, Frankfurt (Main) und Berlin auf Platz fünf der meistfrequentierten Fernbahnhöfe der Deutschen Bahn. Der Durchgangsbahnhof mit seinen elf Gleisen gehört – zusammen mit dem auf der anderen Rheinseite gelegenen Bahnhof Köln Messe/Deutz – zu den 21 Bahnhöfen der höchsten Bahnhofskategorie 1 der DB Station&Service. Von seiner südöstlichen Ausfahrt führt die Bahntrasse in einer engen Kurve auf die Hohenzollernbrücke über den Rhein nach Deutz auf der rechtsrheinischen Seite.Der Hauptbahnhof ist Umsteigepunkt zwischen Personenfernverkehr (ICE, Thalys, IC/EC, HKX) und Personennahverkehr (Regionalbahn, Regional-Express sowie S-Bahnen Rhein-Sieg bzw. Köln und Rhein-Ruhr).

Bodyguard - Das Musical
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Goldgasse 1
Cologne, 50668

+49 621 10792-0

Erinnern Sie sich noch an das Kino-Highlight Bodyguard? Der fesselnde Blockbuster mit Superstar Whitney Houston und Frauenschwarm Kevin Costner machte eine Liebesgeschichte zur Legende, für die allein in Deutschland über 6 Millionen Romantik-Fans ihre Taschentücher zückten. Bodyguard – Das Musical bringt die packende Love-Story endlich live auf die große Bühne: noch glamouröser, noch spannender und noch romantischer. Und das Beste: Mit seinen überwältigenden 16 Songs, darunter die hochemotionale Ballade „I Will Always Love You“, bietet das angesagteste Musical Deutschlands noch mehr Welthits als der Film! Dieses grandiose Ereignis voll unvergesslicher Gänsehaut-Momente erleben Sie nur im Musical Dome Köln. #bodyguarddasmusical

St. Gereon's Basilica, Cologne
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Christophstr. 16
Cologne, 50670

St. Gereon's Basilica (Basilika Sankt Gereon) is a Roman Catholic church in Cologne, Germany, dedicated to Saint Gereon, and designated a minor basilica on June 25, 1920. The first mention of a church at the site, dedicated to St. Gereon, appears in 612. However, the building of the choir gallery, apse, and transepts occurred later, beginning under Archbishop Arnold II von Wied in 1151 and ending in 1227. It is one of twelve great churches in Cologne that were built in the Romanesque style.St. Gereon has a highly irregular plan, the nave being covered by a decagonal oval dome, 21.0 m long and 16.9 m wide, completed in 1227 on the remains of Roman walls, which are still visible. It is the largest dome built in the West between the erection of the Hagia Sophia in the 6th century and the Duomo of Florence in the 15th century.Ernst Seifert built an organ there in 1898. In the 20th century, the architect Andreas Dilthey worked on its interior.

U-Bahnhof Breslauer Platz/Hauptbahnhof
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Trankgasse 11
Cologne, 50667

Der U-Bahnhof Breslauer Platz/Hbf ist eine Station der Kölner Stadtbahn unterhalb des Breslauer Platzes an der Nordseite des Kölner Hauptbahnhofs. Die am 10. Dezember 2011 eröffnete Station ersetzt einen fünf Jahre zuvor abgerissenen gleichnamigen U-Bahnhof an gleicher Stelle.LageDer Breslauer Platz befindet sich auf der Nordostseite des Kölner Hauptbahnhofs, nur durch eine Häuserzeile und die Rheinuferstraße vom Rhein getrennt. Der Stadtbahntunnel verläuft unterhalb des Breslauer Platzes etwa parallel zum Hauptbahnhof. Am nördlichen Ende der Haltestelle schwenkt der Tunnel unter die Nord-Süd-Fahrt, nach dem südlichen Haltestellenende unterquert der Tunnel in einer 120-Grad-Kurve den Bahndamm zwischen Hauptbahnhof und Hohenzollernbrücke und führt dann in die dortige Haltestelle Dom/Hauptbahnhof.Alter U-BahnhofDer ursprüngliche U-Bahnhof war am 19. Oktober 1970 als Teil des Innenstadttunnels eröffnet worden, in Richtung Ebertplatz existierte kurzzeitig eine provisorische Rampe. Die Station war nach dem einfachen Standard der ersten Kölner U-Bahnhöfe gestaltet, die Wände waren gelb gekachelt.Der U-Bahnhof wurde wegen seiner einfachen Ausstattung mit niedrigen Bahnsteigen und der nicht wettergeschützten Verbindung zum Hauptbahnhof seiner Verkehrsbedeutung nicht gerecht. Im Zuge der Planungen zur Nord-Süd-Stadtbahn, die die Bedeutung der Station weiter steigern soll, wurde daher beschlossen, den U-Bahnhof Breslauer Platz/Hauptbahnhof durch einen Neubau zu ersetzen.

RTL Television
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Picassoplatz 1
Cologne, 50679

RTL Television, or simply RTL, is a German commercial television network distributed via cable and satellite, as well as via digital terrestrial in more highly populated areas. It is owned by the RTL Group and is, in terms of market share, Germany's largest private free-to-air broadcaster.The channel started broadcasting on 2 January 1984 at 17:27 from VHF channel E7 in Luxembourg. It only had a theoretical audience of approximately 200,000 until 1988, when it moved its headquarters to Cologne, Germany; prior to this it was considered a Luxembourg-based station.RTL, which began as a spin-off of the German version of Radio Luxembourg, started with a low budget, and many of the early hosts simply presented versions of their radio formats adapted for television. One early success was the quiz show "Ein Tag wie kein anderer", in which candidates were competing for a holiday.RTL plus was famous in its early years for showing low-budget films and American programmes. In 1988, it was the number 2 commercial broadcaster.All that changed when RTL moved to Cologne and, in return, received the right to broadcast on terrestrial frequencies. That same year, RTL acquired the first-run rights to the prestigious Fußball-Bundesliga. Deals with Cannon, which at the time was successful with films like Highlander and, one year later, with Universal Studios finally provided more high-profile films for the channel. In 2012, RTL made a deal with Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures to air films from Walt Disney Pictures, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm and DreamWorks Pictures .

TAG DES GARTENS
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Koelnmesse / Rheinpark
Cologne, 50679

+49 180 6145 514

Unter dem Titel TAG DES GARTENS haben der Industrieverband Garten (IVG) und die Koelnmesse ein Format erarbeitet, das am Samstag vor der internationalen Gartenmesse spoga+gafa und am Messesonntag auch Endverbrauchern Neuheiten aus der Gartenbranche in Köln präsentieren will. Wenn Sie Fragen zum TAG DES GARTENS haben, wenden Sie sich an unser Besucher-Hotline: +49 1806 145 514* * (0,20 EUR/Anruf aus dem dt. Festnetz; max. 0,60 EUR/Anruf aus dem Mobilfunknetz)

St. Kunibert's Church, Cologne
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Kunibertsklostergasse 2
Cologne, 50668

St. Kunibert is the last of the Cologne's twelve Romanesque churches to be built. It was consecrated 1247, one year before work on the Gothic Cologne Cathedral began.HistoryA small church located at a burial ground north of the Roman city was founded or renewed by Cunibert, ninth Bishop of Cologne. Cunibert was also buried there. After 690 the Two Ewalds were buried in the church as well.The church was originally dedicated to Saint Clement, but Cunibert was adored alongside him at least since the ninth century and a monastery Saint Kunibert was first mentioned in records 866. Around the middle of the eleventh century the direct predecessor of the current church was built. Later a parish with the dean as parson was allocated to the monastery. The church became a pilgrimage site after the Canonization of the Two Ewalds in 1074 and of Cunibert in 1168.Between 1210 and 1215 the erection of the current building started. The choir was finished 1226 and the church consecrated in 1247. Until 1261 a transept and a tower were added to the west.The monastery ceased to exist in 1802 as a result of the secularization under Napoleonic reign and the monastery buildings were eventually torn down in 1821. However the church remained in use by the local parish.The western spire collapsed during a storm in 1830 for static reasons, as this tower was not part of the original plan and the structure of the building was not designed for it. Tower and westwork were newly erected until 1860.

Local business Near Ebertplatz

Verwaltungsgericht Köln
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Appelhofplatz
Cologne, Germany 50667

Filmforum NRW
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Bischofsgartenstr. 1
Cologne, Germany 50667

0221-221-24498

Mit der Reihe „Filmgeschichten“ präsentiert das Filmforum regelmäßig filmhistorische Programme, in denen ausgewählte Themen und Motive in den Blick genommen und durch die Filmgeschichte verfolgt werden. In der Kombination von Klassikern und neuen Filmen unterschiedlicher Herkunft wird die Vielseitigkeit filmischen Erzählens erlebbar. Mit dem bundesweit einzigartigen Modell eines die Stadtgrenzen übergreifenden Forums bespielen seit Januar 2006 neun Partner das Kino im Museum Ludwig. Mitglieder des Filmforums sind derzeit: die Film- und Medienstiftung NRW, der Westdeutsche Rundfunk (WDR), die ifs internationale filmschule köln, die KölnMusik GmbH, der Verbund der freien Filmszene „KinoAktiv“ und das Museum Ludwig / Stadt Köln. Zahlreiche thematische Programmreihen, Filmfestivals und Premieren sowie Vorträge und Diskussionen haben im Filmforum einen Aufführungsort gefunden. Gemeinsam ist es den Partnern gelungen, das Filmforum als Ort für Filmgeschichte und zeitgenössische Filmkultur zu etablieren. Alle Veranstaltungen werden inhaltlich und finanziell von den einzelnen Partnern selbst verantwortet. Seit 2009 konzipieren die Mitglieder des Filmforums gemeinsam Film- und Vortragsreihen, bei denen international renommierte Filmschaffende und Medienwissenschaftler im Filmforum zu Gast sind (DIGITALE LEKTIONEN, DER KOMISCHE FILM u.v.m.)

Köln Philarmonie
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Bischofsgartenstraße 1
Cologne, Germany 50667

0221.20408-0

Kölner Domplatz
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
am dom
Cologne, Germany 50667

Museum Ludwig
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Heinrich-Böll-Platz
Cologne, Germany 50667

Museum Ludwig, located in Cologne, Germany, houses a collection of modern art. It includes works from Pop Art, Abstract and Surrealism, and has one of the largest Picasso collections in Europe. It also features many works by Andy Warhol and Roy Lichtenstein.Since November 2012 the museum's director has been Philipp Kaiser.HistoryThe museum emerged in 1976 as an independent institution from the Wallraf-Richartz Museum. That year the chocolate magnate Peter Ludwig agreed to endow 350 modern artworks—then valued at $45 million —and in return the City of Cologne committed itself to build a dedicated "Museum Ludwig" for works made after the year 1900. The recent building, which was designed by architects Peter Busmann and Godfrid Haberer opened in 1986 near the Cologne Cathedral. The new building first became home to both the Wallraf Richartz Museum as well as Museum Ludwig. In 1994, it was decided to separate the two institutions and to place the building on Bischofsgartenstrasse at the sole disposal of Museum Ludwig. In 1999 Steve Keene painted in the museum.The building is also home to the Kölner Philharmonic. The Heinrich-Böll-Platz, a public square designed by Dani Karavan, is above the concert hall at the north-east of the building. Unfortunately, during concerts people can't walk upon the square as it creates acoustic disturbances for the concert goers below.

Rheinklang
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Appellhofplatz 27
Cologne, Germany 50667

0221-302069

Bei uns erhalten Sie alle Agentur-Dienstleistungen, die Sie für eine gelungene Kommunikation mit den alten und neuen Medien benötigen. Im Audio-Bereich bieten wir Ihnen vom Hörfunk-Spot über Hörbücher und Podcasts alle Zutaten an. Wir haben Sprecher, Studios und Konzepte für Sie. Im Video-Bereich tischen wir Ihnen alles auf, was Ihr Auge begehrt: Dreh. Live-Übertragungen. Imagefilme. Vodcasts. Ideen. Im Internet wird alles hübsch angerichtet – wir programmieren Ihre Seiten und managen Sie auch. Damit das Menü perfekt schmeckt, servieren wir auch Beilagen wie DVD-Kopien und -Bedruckung, Umschnitte oder DVD-Authoring.

LOUIS VUITTON Köln
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 2
Cologne, Germany 50667

0221 2576828

Domforum
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 3
Cologne, Germany 50667

Dom Südturmzugang
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, Germany 50677

Köln Domplatz
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Domplatz
Cologne, Germany 50686

Dom Köln
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, Germany 50667

+49 221 17940300

Bimmelbahn Wolters, Rundfahrten in Köln
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Robert-Perthel-Str. 58-62
Cologne, Germany 50739

+49 (0) 221-709997-0

Finanzgericht Köln
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Appelhofplatz 1
Cologne, Germany 50667

Köln Hohenzollernbrücke
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Hohenzollernbrüche - Nähe Dom / Hauptbahnhof
Cologne, Germany 50667

Café Reichard
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Unter Fettenhennen 11
Cologne, Germany 50667

+49 221 2578542

Köln, Catedral De Colonia
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, Germany 50667

Köln Dom
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, Germany 50667

Köln Dom
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, Germany 50667

Koln Cathedral Spire
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, Germany 50667

Köln Cathedral
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
Domkloster 4
Cologne, Germany 50667