EuroZoid
Discover The Most Popular Places In Europe

Saint-Séverin, Paris, Paris | Tourist Information


Rue Saint-Séverin
Paris, France 75005


The Church of Saint-Séverin is a Roman Catholic church in the Latin Quarter of Paris, located on the lively tourist street Rue Saint-Séverin. It is one of the oldest churches that remains standing on the Left Bank, and it continues in use as a place of worship.HistorySéverin of Paris, a devout hermit, lived on the banks of the River Seine during the first half of the fifth century. The oratory which was built over his tomb became the site of a small Romanesque church which was built around the eleventh century. As a result of the rapidly expanding community on the Left Bank, it was decided a larger church was required. The new structure, built at the beginning of the thirteenth century in the Gothic style, had a nave with lateral aisles. An additional aisle on the south side was built in the early 14th century to accommodate the growing congregations from the nearby university.After the church was seriously damaged by fire in 1448 during the Hundred Years' War, the archpriest Guillaume d'Estouteville rebuilt the church in the Late-Gothic style, adding a new aisle to the north. In 1489, a semi-circular apse was added at the eastern end with an ambulatory complete with columns including the strangely coiled central pillar. Additional space was provided by constructing chapels along the outer aisles. After their completion in 1520, the church took on the general appearance it still has today. In 1643, a second sacristy was added and in 1673, the royal architect Jules Hardouin-Mansart built the Communion chapel on the church's southeast corner. In 1684, the decorator Charles le Brun modified the design of the choir, removing the rood screen and providing the apse columns with marble facing.

Catholic Church Near Saint-Séverin, Paris

Église Saint-Marcel
Distance: 1.2 mi Tourist Information
82 boulevard de l’Hôpital
Paris, 75013

01 47 07 27 43

Eglise Saint-Médard
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
141 Rue Mouffetard
Paris, 75005

01 44 08 87 00

파리한인성당
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
15 BOSSONADE 75014 PARIS
Paris, 75014

+33 1 43 20 37 94

Paroisse Saint Médard - Paris
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
141 rue Mouffetard
Paris, 75005

+33 (0)144088700

L'église construite entre le XIIIe siècle (clocher) et le XVIIIème siècle. Elle a été classée "monument historique" en 1906. http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%89glise_Saint-M%C3%A9dard_de_Paris

Centre Catholique Japonais de Paris
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
4, Bld Edgar-Quinet
Paris, 75014

09 53 86 74 29

パリ日本人カトリックセンターは、パリのカトリック教会に属する機関です。1973年の創立以来、担当司祭またはシスターを置き、カトリック信者のみならず広く一般の皆様に、情報交換・親睦の場としてご利用いただいております。 お茶が飲みたいとき・本を借りに・日本語で話したい・暇なので・・・etc.、 どうぞご遠慮なくお立ち寄りください。意外な出会いや発見があるかも知れません。 また、当センターは以下のような活動も行っています。活動はすべてボランティアによる運営で、どなたでも無料で参加できますし申し込みの必要もありません。まずはちょっとのぞいてみませんか。 

Val-de-Grâce (church)
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
1 Place Alphonse Laveran
Paris, 75005

Notre-Dame du Val-de-Grâce, connue populairement comme l'église du Val-de-Grâce, est une église de style classique baroque français originellement destinée à être l'église de l'abbaye royale du Val-de-Grâce située dans le arrondissement de Paris, place Alphonse Laveran.Les bâtiments de l'ancienne abbaye accueillent aujourd'hui le musée du service de santé des armées, la bibliothèque centrale du Service de santé des armées, et l'École du Val-de-Grâce, anciennement École d'Application du Service de Santé des Armées (EASSA). Le même îlot militaire comprend l'hôpital d'instruction des armées du Val-de-Grâce, situé sur l'ancien potager de l'abbaye.

Paris International Seventh Day Adventist Church
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
24 rue Pierre Nicole
Paris, 75005

Eglise Notre Dame Des Champs
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
187 boul.iberville
Paris, 75006

Paroisse Notre-Dame des Champs, Église catholique
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
91 Boulevard du Montparnasse
Paris, 75006

01 40 64 19 64

Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
252 rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, 75005

The Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas is a church in Paris, France in the 5th Arrondissement at the corner of Rue Saint-Jacques and the Rue de l'Abbé de l'Épée. The church has been registered as a historical monument since 4 June 1957.OriginsThe land on which the church is built was obtained oround 1180 by Hospitaller brothers originating from Altopascio, near Lucca, Italy. In 1360 the brothers built a simple chapel. Despite the suppression of their order by Pope Pius II in 1459, some brothers decided to remain. At that time the land around them was fields and meadows with a few low peasant houses and some religious institutions.In 1572 Catherine de' Medici decided to use the site as home for a group of Benedictine monks who had been expelled from their abbey of Saint-Magloire. The relics of St. Magloire of Dol and his disciples had been transported to Paris by Hugh Capet in 923, when the Normans attacked Brittany. The relics were transferred to the hospital, which became a monastery. In 1620, the seminary of the Oratorians under Pierre de Bérulle, the first seminar in France, replaced the Benedictines. It was known as the seminary of Saint-Magloire. Jean de La Fontaine stayed there as a novice.Initial constructionThe surrounding population increased and the faithful became accustomed to pray in the chapel of the Benedictines. The monks found themselves inconvenienced and demanded the departure of the lay people. In 1582 the bishop then gave permission for construction of a church adjoining the monastery of Saint-Magloire. A small church was built in 1584, serving the parishes of Saint-Hippolyte, Saint-Benoît and Saint-Médard. In this church the choir was oriented eastward, backing onto the rue Saint-Jacques. The church was entered through the monastery cemetery. A cemetery was opened in 1584 beside the original chapel, along today's rue de l’Abbé-de-l’Épée. It was closed in 1790. The original gallery organ was made by Vincent Coupeau, an organist of the parish, and was installed in 1628.

Lycée Notre Dame de Sion
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
61 Rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs
Paris, 75006

01 44 32 06 70

Paroisse Notre Dame du Liban à PARIS
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
15-17 rue d'Ulm
Paris, 75005

+33 1 43 29 47 60

Historique Le culte maronite a été autorisé en France par arrêté du 1e septembre 1892. Dès lors, la chapelle du petit Luxembourg est mise à la disposition de la communauté maronite en Île-de-France. Jusqu'en 1915, les autorités françaises et le représentant du patriarche recherchent de concert un lieu de culte adapté aux besoins de la communauté. Dans le sillage de la séparation de l'Église et de l'État arrêtée en 1905, les pères jésuites de l'école Sainte Geneviève à Paris ont dû abandonner la chapelle de leur école et toute leur structure éducative s'était ensuite établie à Versailles rue des postes (Ginette). En 1915, l'ancienne chapelle de l'école Sainte Geneviève des pères jésuites à Paris est affectée au culte maronite. Elle est inaugurée le 16 juillet de cette même année sous le patronage de Notre Dame du Liban. Construite par le célèbre architecte ASTRUC dans un style néogothique, la chapelle est dotée d'une série de vitraux œuvre du maître verrier Émile HIRSCH. Les huit verrières du fond et la rosace restent cependant en verre losangé. Elle est inaugurée le 13 mai 1894, veille de la Pentecôte. En 1937, le gouvernement français et le patriarcat créent autour de l'église la fondation du foyer franco-libanais. Le 8 décembre 1963, le patriarche MEOUCHI inaugure les nouveaux locaux du foyer franco-libanais. Le 25 octobre 1990, commencent la réfection de la toiture et le projet de rénovation de l'église dont la majeure partie sera réalisée entre octobre 1991 et mai 1993. Les huit verrières du fond et la rosace sont garnies de vitraux. Les verrières ont été exécutées par les maîtres verriers Christiane et Philippe ANDRIEUX et la rosace, inspirée de Notre-Dame de Kannoubine, est l'œuvre de Marie-Jo et Yves GUEYEL. Entre 2010 et 2011, la fondation met à neuf les quatre façades extérieures, les chéneaux, la charpente et les vitraux.

Église Notre Dame Du Liban À Paris
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
17 rue d'Ulm
Paris, 75005

Academia Christiana
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
14, rue Gay-Lussac
Paris, 75005

+33640389614

Nos valeurs : • Honnêteté intellectuelle • Recherche de la vérité • Combativité • Esthétique • Soucis d’être compris • Apostolat • Cohérence • Soucis de l’âme • Convivialité

Panthéon
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place du Panthéon
Paris, 75005

01 44 32 18 00

The Panthéon is a building in the Latin Quarter in Paris. It was originally built as a church dedicated to St. Genevieve and to house the reliquary châsse containing her relics but, after many changes, now functions as a secular mausoleum containing the remains of distinguished French citizens. It is an early example of neoclassicism, with a façade modeled on the Pantheon in Rome, surmounted by a dome that owes some of its character to Bramante's Tempietto. Located in the 5th arrondissement on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, the Panthéon looks out over all of Paris. Designer Jacques-Germain Soufflot had the intention of combining the lightness and brightness of the Gothic cathedral with classical principles, but its role as a mausoleum required the great Gothic windows to be blocked.HistoryKing Louis XV vowed in 1744 that if he recovered from his illness he would replace the ruined church of the Abbey of St Genevieve with an edifice worthy of the patron saint of Paris. He did recover, and entrusted Abel-François Poisson, marquis de Marigny with the fulfillment of his vow. In 1755, Marigny commissioned Jacques-Germain Soufflot to design the church, with construction beginning two years later.

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, 75005

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of Saint Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.HistoryThe church of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont originated in the abbey of Sainte-Genevieve, where the eponymous saint had been buried in the 6th century. Devoted to the Virgin Mary, then to St. John the Apostle, the place was too small to accommodate all the faithful. In 1222, Pope Honorius III authorized the establishment of an autonomous church, which was devoted this time to St Etienne, then the patron saint of the old cathedral of Paris.

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, 75005

L'église Saint-Étienne-du-Mont est une église située sur la montagne Sainte-Geneviève, dans le 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, à proximité du lycée Henri-IV et du Panthéon.Remplaçant un édifice du XIIIe siècle, elle est construite à partir de la fin du XVe siècle, et sert de paroisse aux habitants du quartier situé autour de l'abbaye Sainte-Geneviève. Le chantier, commencé par le chevet et le clocher en 1491, est achevé par la façade en 1624.Après avoir été brièvement transformée en temple de la Piété filiale sous la Révolution française, elle est rendue à ses fonctions d'église paroissiale en 1801 et n'a pas changé d'affectation depuis.La châsse de sainte Geneviève, vide de ses reliques depuis la Révolution française, y est conservée. L'église abrite également un orgue dont les origines et le buffet remontent aux années 1630. Elle est la dernière église parisienne où l'on peut encore voir un jubé.

Paroisse Saint-Etienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
Rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, 75005

Eglise Saint-Ephrem Concerts musique classique Paris
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
17 rue des Carmes
Paris, 75005

0142509618

Située dans le Centre Historique de Paris, l'église Catholique Syriaque Saint-Ephrem (Chrétiens d'Orient) dont l'acoustique est remarquable, accueille régulièrement des concerts dans le but de promouvoir de jeunes musiciens talentueux en début de carrière. Tous ces artistes sont diplômés du Conservatoire National Supérieur de Musique de Paris ou de grandes écoles européennes. Parmi eux, nombreux sont lauréats de concours nationaux ou internationaux. Réservations : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php English : Church St-Ephrem Between the Boulevard Saint Germain and the Pantheon. Located in the historical heart of Paris, the Church of saint Ephrem with its outstanding acoustics is a regular venue for concerts of classical music. Recitals are given by talented young musicians, all from the National Conservatory of Music of Paris. Concerts by Candlelight. Booking : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php Deutsch : Kirche St-Ephrem Zwischen Boulevard Saint Germain und Pantheon. Die im historischen Stadtzentrum von Paris gelegene, Kirche Saint-Ephrem mit ihrer hervorragenden Akustik, veranstaltet regelmässig Konzerte klassischer Musik. Diese werden von jungen Talenten der Pariser Musikhochschule gegeben. Konzerte bei Kerzenlicht. Reservierung : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php Español : Iglesia St-Ephrem Entre el Bulevar Saint Germain y el Pantheon. Situada en el Casco Historico de Paris, la iglesia St Ephrem cuya acustica llama la atencion, acoge regularmente conciertos de musica clasica. Los recitales los dan Jovenes Talentos que provienen todos del Conservatorio Nacional Superior de Musica de Paris. Conciertos a las candelas. Reservas : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php Italiano : Chiesa St-Ephrem Tra il Boulevard Saint Germain ed il Pantheon. Situata nel Centro Storico di Parigi la Chiesa Saint Ephrem dotata di un’ eccelente acustica accoglie regolarmente concerti di musica classica. I recital sono eseguiti da Giovani Talenti tutti provenienti dal Conservatorio Nazionale Superiore di Musica di Parigi. Concerti alle candele. Prenotazioni : http://www.ampconcerts.com/concerts/index.php

Eglise Saint Ephrem Le Syriaque
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
17 Rue des Carmes
Paris, 75005

Eglise Saint Ignace
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
33 rue de Sèvres, 75006 PARIS
Paris,

Eglise de St Sulpice
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Chemin du Crêt
Paris,

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place Saint Sulpice 2 rue Palatine
Paris,

La iglesia de San Sulpicio es una destacada iglesia barroca francesa situada en la plaza de Saint-Sulpice de París, construida en honor a Sulpicio Pío, que alberga en su interior un sistema para la determinación astronómica de los equinoccios diseñado por Henry Sully.La iglesia, orientada en el sentido usual O-E, es una edificación imponente de de largo, de ancho, de altura bajo la bóveda central; es después de Notre Dame, la iglesia más grande de la ciudad.HistoriaErigida sobre los cimientos de un antiguo templo románico del siglo XIII, que sufrió sucesivas ampliaciones hasta 1631. En 1646, el sacerdote parisino Jean-Jacques Olier encargó la construcción de un nuevo edificio, que se alargó durante más de un siglo. El resultado fue un edificio sencillo, de dos plantas, con una fachada oeste formada por dos filas de elegantes columnas. La armonía del conjunto sólo la rompen las torres de los extremos, que no son parejas.Unas enormes ventanas llenan el interior de luz. Las dos conchas que hay junto a la entrada fueron un regalo de la República de Venecia a Francisco I. La base de piedra sobre la que se encuentran fue realizada por Jean-Baptiste Pigalle.

Church of Saint-Sulpice, Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
Place St. Sulpice
Paris, 75006

Saint-Sulpice is a Roman Catholic church in Paris, France, on the east side of the Place Saint-Sulpice within the rue Bonaparte, in the Luxembourg Quarter of the 6th arrondissement. At 113 metres long, 58 metres in width and 34 metres tall, it is only slightly smaller than Notre-Dame and thus the second largest church in the city. It is dedicated to Sulpitius the Pious. Construction of the present building, the second church on the site, began in 1646. During the 18th century, an elaborate gnomon, the Gnomon of Saint-Sulpice, was constructed in the church.HistoryThe present church is the second building on the site, erected over a Romanesque church originally constructed during the 13th century. Additions were made over the centuries, up to 1631. The new building was founded in 1646 by parish priest Jean-Jacques Olier (1608–1657) who had established the Society of Saint-Sulpice, a clerical congregation, and a seminary attached to the church. Anne of Austria laid the first stone.Construction began in 1646 to designs which had been created in 1636 by Christophe Gamard, but the Fronde interfered, and only the Lady Chapel had been built by 1660, when Daniel Gittard provided a new general design for most of the church. Gittard completed the sanctuary, ambulatory, apsidal chapels, transept, and north portal (1670–1678), after which construction was halted for lack of funds.

Saint-Louis-en-l'Île
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
19 Rue Saint Louis en l'Ile
Paris, 75004

L’église Saint-Louis-en-l’Île est une église française située dans l'actuel 4e arrondissement de Paris, sur l’île Saint-Louis. L’église se trouve à l'intersection de la rue Saint-Louis-en-l’Île et de la rue Poulletier. Cet édifice a été construit en plusieurs étapes de 1624 à 1726. Son saint patron est Saint Louis de France qui régna sous le nom de Louis IX.La paroisse est actuellement une des plus petites du diocèse de Paris. Elle couvre la moitié de l’île de la Cité, l’île Saint-Louis en elle-même et l'ancienne île Louviers (la partie entre l’actuel boulevard Morland et la Seine).Origine du nomL’église est dédiée à Louis IX qui régna sur la France de 1226 à 1270 et qui serait venu prier sur l’île aux Vaches, incorporée dans l’île Saint-Louis au moment du lotissement des lieux. Ce serait sur cet îlot qu'il prit la croix en 1269 avant de partir assiéger Tunis.Il racheta à l'empereur de Constantinople, Baudouin II, la relique de la couronne d'épines du Christ. L'imagerie populaire montre souvent le saint roi en possession de ces reliques pour lesquelles il fit bâtir la Sainte Chapelle. Louis IX a été canonisé en 1297 par le pape Boniface VIII sous le nom de saint Louis de France.

Saint-Louis-en-l'Île
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
19 Rue Saint Louis en l'Ile
Paris, 75004

The Saint-Louis-en-l'Île Church, is a Catholic church located on Île Saint-Louis in the 4th arrondissement of Paris, France.HistoryConstruction of the church began in 1664. It replaced an earlier church which was built in 1622, and the church was completed in 1675.

Saint-Louis-en-l'Île
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
19 Rue Saint Louis en l'Ile
Paris, 75004

De Église Saint-Louis-en-l'Île is een rooms-katholieke kerk in de Franse hoofdstad Parijs, gesitueerd in het 4e arrondissement van de stad, op het Île Saint-Louis. De kerk is ontworpen door vier architecten, waaronder François Le Vau, de niet-erkende broer van Louis Le Vau, architect van het kasteel van Versailles. De schutspatroon van de kerk is Lodewijk IX de Heilige van Frankrijk.Het gebouwDe Saint-Louis-en-l'Île is gebouwd tussen 1664 en 1726, tijdens het bewind van Lodewijk XIII. Het verving een andere kerk, die daar vanaf 1622 had gestaan. De belangrijkste redenen dat de bouw zo lang duurde waren het gebrek aan geld en goede arbeidskrachten.Het gebouw wordt gekenmerkt door de opengewerkte klokkentoren en de atypische smeedijzeren klok. Het geheel, gebouwd in jezuïtische stijl, wordt vooral gekenschetst door de barokke architectuur van die periode. De Saint-Louis is opgebouw uit drie beuken, en staat bekend om de grote hoeveelheid (blad)goud, emaillewerk en marmer. Een andere bijzonderheid is het feit dat de kerk is opgenomen in de huizenrij, en dat er dus enkel een vrij bescheiden façade te zien is vanaf de hoofdstraat.

Église De Saint Louis En L'Ile
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
rue Saint-Louis-en-l’Île
Paris, 75004

Saint-Séverin, Paris
Distance: 0.0 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Séverin
Paris, 75005

L'église Saint-Séverin est une église du Quartier latin de Paris, située rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin dans le quartier de la Sorbonne dans le 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris.L'ensemble formé par l'église, la « maison paroissiale - presbytère », le square André-Lefèbvre et le cloître est délimité par la rue des Prêtres-Saint-Séverin, la rue de la Parcheminerie, la rue Saint-Jacques et la rue Saint-Séverin.Elle est de facto l'unique l'église paroissiale de la paroisse Saint-Séverin-Saint-Nicolas (les deux paroisses ayant été fusionnées en 1968). En effet, depuis 1977, l'église Saint-Nicolas-du-Chardonnet est occupée par des fidèles de la Fraternité sacerdotale Saint-Pie-X.

Landmark Near Saint-Séverin, Paris

Laboratory of biomechanics
Distance: 1.4 mi Tourist Information
151 boulevard de l'Hopital
Paris, France

The Laboratory of biomechanics, also known as the LBM, is a French laboratory of research located in Paris. It is under the authority of Arts et Métiers ParisTech. It is part of the Carnot Institute ARTS and currently employs more than 50 persons. It is officially recognized by the CNRS as a host research team .Teaching and research topicsThe main part of the research is focused on the following lines :Modeling of bones and muscle mechanical behaviorImproving of safety systemsanalysis of nervous system/moves interactionsResearch teamsThe laboratory is divided in five research teams, which have their own field of research :team 1 : mechanical behavior of body and clinical researchteam 2 : biomechanics of shocks, confort and safety in transportationteam 3 : biomechanics of tissuesteam 4 : biomechanics, sports and healthteam 5 : biomechanics and nervous systemProjectsThe LBM is working either with academic or industrial scientific partners. On the European scale, the laboratory is enrolled in 3 initiatives such as the CRAFT-Devaspim project which aims to develop a new kind of vertebral implants. The laboratory is also behind the invention of the EOS imaging system in partnership with the Nobel Prize Georges Charpak.Facilities and equipmentThe laboratory has many "high-tech" apparatuses, especially in the field of medical imaging. Among them, the EOS system that it developed and improved recently. It also have access to special equipment of the Hospital Henri Mondor, which includes a test platform for moves and walk.

La Santé Prison
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
42 rue de la Santé
Paris, France 75014

La Santé Prison is a prison operated by the Ministry of Justice located in the east of the Montparnasse district of the 14th arrondissement in Paris, France at 42 Rue de la Santé. It is one of the most famous prisons in France, with both VIP and high security wings.Along with the Fleury-Mérogis Prison and the Fresnes Prison, both located in the southern suburbs, La Santé is one of the three main prisons of the Paris area.HistoryThe architect Joseph Auguste Émile Vaudremer built the prison, which was inaugurated on 20 August 1867.The prison is located on the site of a former "Coal market" and replaced the Madelonnettes Convent in the 3rd Arrondissement which had been used as a prison since the Revolution. Previously, on the same site, was a "maison de la santé" (House of health), built on the orders' of Anne of Austria and transferred in 1651 to what is now the Sainte-Anne Hospital (in the south).Initially, there were 500 cells which was increased to 1,000 in 1900 following the closure of the Paris Grande Roquette prison in 1899. The cells are 4 metres long, 2.5m wide and 3m high. The prison has a total capacity of up to 2,000 prisoners divided into 14 divisions.In 1899, following the closure and demolition of the Grande Roquette prison the convicts were transferred to La Santé to await transfer to prison in Guyana or execution.

Paris Observatory
Distance: 1.1 mi Tourist Information
61 avenue de l'Observatoire
Paris, France 75014

01 40 51 22 21

The Paris Observatory is the foremost astronomical observatory of France, and one of the largest astronomical centers in the world. Its historic building is to be found on the Left Bank of the Seine in central Paris, but most of the staff works on a satellite campus in the Meudon suburb of Paris.ConstitutionAdministratively, it is a grand établissement of the French Ministry of National Education, with a status close to that of a public university. Its missions include: research in astronomy and astrophysics; education (four graduate programs, Ph.D. studies); diffusion of knowledge to the public. It maintains a solar observatory at Meudon and a radio astronomy observatory at Nançay. It was also the home to the International Time Bureau until its dissolution in 1987.HistoryIts foundation lies in the ambitions of Jean-Baptiste Colbert to extend France's maritime power and international trade in the 17th century. Louis XIV promoted its construction, which was started in 1667 and completed in 1671. It thus predates by a few years the Royal Greenwich Observatory in England, which was founded in 1675. The architect of the Paris Observatory was Claude Perrault whose brother, Charles, was secretary to Colbert and superintendent of public works. Optical instruments were supplied by Giuseppe Campani. The buildings were extended in 1730, 1810, 1834, 1850, and 1951. The last extension incorporates the spectacular Meridian Room designed by Jean Prouvé.

Montparnasse Cemetery
Distance: 1.3 mi Tourist Information
Cimetière de Montparnasse
Paris, France 75014

Le cimetière du Montparnasse est un cimetière parisien situé dans le arrondissement.VoirieLe cimetière du Montparnasse est délimité par la rue Froidevaux au Sud, la rue Victor-Schœlcher à l'Est, le boulevard Edgar-Quinet au Nord, le boulevard Raspail au Nord-Est, et la rue de la Gaîté à l'Ouest. Le cimetière est en outre traversé du Nord au Sud, dans la partie Est, par la rue Émile-Richard.HistoireLe cimetière du Montparnasse a été créé au début du, dans le sud de la capitale, en même temps que plusieurs autres cimetières situés à l'époque en dehors des limites de la ville : le cimetière de Passy, à l'ouest de la ville, le cimetière de Montmartre au nord et le cimetière du Père-Lachaise à l'est.L'emplacement était autrefois occupé par trois anciennes fermes, mais au, ce terrain devint la nécropole privée des religieux de Saint-Jean-de-Dieu. Au début du Nicolas Frochot, préfet de la Seine, fit acheter les terrains de la ville pour y ouvrir l'un des trois cimetières extra-muros de Paris. La première inhumation eut lieu le.

Cabinet D'hypnose Ericksonienne
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
131-133, rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

0613505828

Bonjour, J'ai le plaisir de vous annoncer l'ouverture de mon cabinet d'Hypnose Eriksonienne début septembre, au 131-133, rue Mouffetard PARIS 5ème, sur rendez-vous uniquement. Je suis Diplômé PRATICIEN en HYPNOSE ERICKSONIENNE et PRATICIEN en Programmation Neuro-Linguistique de L'IFHE, Institut Français d'Hypnose Ericksonienne à Paris. Chaque individu est unique. Durant une séance d'hypnose le patient reste le principal acteur de son changement. Le nombre de séance varie d'une personne à l'autre, pour certains une à deux séances suffisent pour d'autres plus. Chaque séance dure entre une heure et une heure trente. L'hypnose permet de développer la confiance en soi, retrouver ses valeurs profondes et vivre avec elles, affirmer sa personnalité dans toute son authenticité. C'est un outil efficace qui permet avant tout de donner à votre vie une dynamique positive, dans la direction que vous souhaitez prendre. L'hypnose est une source infinie de changements et de transformations. Afin d'optimiser ses ressources, changer certains comportements (arrêt du tabac) développer ses capacités, reprendre de l'énergie, améliorer son sommeil, développer sa concentration, augmenter ses performances sportives, mieux gérer le stress, diminuer la douleur, être plus épanoui, perdre du poids, vous libérer de vos blessures, être totalement vous même et avancer dans la vie avec plus de liberté, de confort et de maitrise. Je me ferai un plaisir de vous accompagner. Alexandre Boussat Bolla / 06 13 50 58 28

Rue Poliveau
Distance: 1.0 mi Tourist Information
39 bis rue poliveau
Paris, France

La rue Poliveau est une voie située dans le quartier du Jardin-des-Plantes du arrondissement de Paris.HistoireCette voie existait en 1243, sous le nom de rue de la Cendrée, elle a été dénommée, au, rue des Carrières, rue des Saussaies, rue de la Voirie, plus tard, rue du Pont-Livaut, rue Pouliveau ou rue Poliveau.Le nom de Poliveau provient de la corruption de rue du Pont Livaut. Ce premier nom lui serait venu d'un petit pont traversant la Bièvre.Sites particuliersUne fontaine Wallace classée, face à la rue de l'Essai. AnecdoteDans le film La Traversée de Paris (1956, avec Gabin, de Funès et Bourvil), ce sont six kilomètres (huit selon Grangil), de la rue Poliveau à la rue Lepic, via le Jardin des Plantes, le pont Sully, la rue de Turenne, la rue Montmartre et la rue Saint-Georges, que parcourent, avec leur chargement de cochon, les deux larrons durant une nuit de 1943. Extrait du dialogue : Grandgil (Jean Gabin) :

Val-de-Grâce (church)
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
1 Place Alphonse Laveran
Paris, France 75005

Notre-Dame du Val-de-Grâce, connue populairement comme l'église du Val-de-Grâce, est une église de style classique baroque français originellement destinée à être l'église de l'abbaye royale du Val-de-Grâce située dans le arrondissement de Paris, place Alphonse Laveran.Les bâtiments de l'ancienne abbaye accueillent aujourd'hui le musée du service de santé des armées, la bibliothèque centrale du Service de santé des armées, et l'École du Val-de-Grâce, anciennement École d'Application du Service de Santé des Armées (EASSA). Le même îlot militaire comprend l'hôpital d'instruction des armées du Val-de-Grâce, situé sur l'ancien potager de l'abbaye.

Rue Mouffetard
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
Rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

Rue Mouffetard is a street in the 5th arrondissement of Paris, France.Situated in the fifth (cinquième) arrondissement of Paris, Rue Mouffetard is one of Paris's oldest and liveliest neighbourhoods. These days the area has many restaurants, shops, and cafés, and a regular open market. It is centered on the Place de la Contrescarpe, at the junction of the rue Mouffetard and the rue de Lacepede. Its southern terminus is at the Square Saint-Médard where there is a permanent open-air market. At its northern terminus, it becomes the rue Descartes at the crossing of the rue Thouin. It is closed to normal motor traffic much of the week, and is predominantly a pedestrian avenue.Origin of the nameThe rue Mouffetard runs along a flank of the mont Sainte-Geneviève hill that was called "mont Cétarius" or "mont Cetardus" from Roman times; many historians consider "Mouffetard" to be a derivation of this early name. Over the centuries the rue Mouffetard has appeared as rue Montfétard, Maufetard, Mofetard, Moufetard, Mouflard, Moufetard, Moftard, Mostard, and also rue Saint-Marcel, rue du Faubourg Saint-Marceau ("street of the suburb Saint-Marceau") and rue de la Vieille Ville Saint-Marcel ("street of the Old Village Saint-Marcel").HistoryThe origins of this thoroughfare are ancient, dating back to Neolithic times. As with today's rue Galande, rue Lagrange, rue de la Montagne Sainte-Geneviève and rue Descartes, it was a Roman road running from the Roman Rive Gauche city south to Italy.

Grande Galerie de l'Évolution du Muséum national d'Histoire naturelle
Distance: 0.8 mi Tourist Information
Jardin des Plantes - 36, rue Geoffroy Saint Hilaire 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

01 40 79 56 01

La Grande Galerie de l'èvolution fa parte del Muséum national d'histoire naturelle dal 1889. È situata nella parte nord del Jardin des Plantes nel V arrondissement di Parigi in Francia. Chiamata anticamente Galerie de Zoologie, la Grande Galerie diventa nel 1994 uno spazio espositivo permanente che mostra e mette in scena la diversità degli esseri viventi e l'evoluzione della vita attraverso una importante collezione di esemplari naturalizzati.Storia della GalleriaLa Galleria di zoologiaNel Muséum national d'histoire naturelle esisteva, lungo rue Geoffroy St-Hilaire, un Cabinet d'histoire naturelle che aveva rimpiazzato, agli inizi del XIX secolo, l'Antica galerie situata lungo rue Cuvier, il cui edificio è ancora visibile tra la sede della Societé des Amis du Museum, il ristorante della Balena e l'anfiteatro Roulle. Questo Cabinet non poteva più accogliere le collezioni che non cessavano di aumentare. Allora l'architetto Louis-Jules André con il sostegno del presidente Adolphe Thiers, costruì nel 1872 la Galerie di Zoologie per esporre tutte le collezioni zoologiche, circa un milione di esemplari. Nel luglio 1889, qualche mese dopo l'inaugurazione della Torre Eiffel, la Galeria de zoologie fu inaugurata e aperta al pubblico dal ministro Armand Fallières.

Théâtre Mouffetard
Distance: 0.7 mi Tourist Information
73 rue Mouffetard
Paris, France 75005

01 43 31 11 99

Le Théâtre Mouffetard, situé au 73 rue Mouffetard dans le 5e arrondissement de Paris de Paris, était un théâtre municipal subventionné par la Ville de Paris. Depuis novembre 2013, il héberge le théâtre de la marionnette à Paris, devenant ainsi la première salle à être consacrée exclusivement à cette discipline, dans la capitale française. Il se nomme désormais Le Mouffetard - Théâtre des arts de la marionnette.Dirigé par Isabelle Bertola, le Mouffetard-Théâtre des arts de la marionnette a pour enjeu de défendre et promouvoir 'les formes contemporaines de théâtre de marionnettes auprès du plus large public possible. Il pense et porte ce théâtre comme un art exigeant, tout à la fois singulier et éclectique du point de vue des techniques : ombres, objets, images, marionnettes à gaine, à fil, anthropomorphes ou formes abstraites, symboliques... Il soutient également l’idée que cette discipline concerne tant les adultes que les plus jeunes.'De la Maison pour tous au Théâtre Mouffetard 1906-1919 : naissance de l'"Université populaire" au 76 rue Mouffetard (emplacement de l'actuelle bibliothèque Mouffetard). 1919 : naissance de la "Maison pour Tous" (même endroit). Lieu de quartier, son champ d'action est l'éducation populaire et culturelle. 1930 : la "Maison pour Tous" est reconnue d'utilité publique. 1950-1978 : la salle polyvalente Mouffetard prend le nom de « Théâtre Mouffetard »" sous la direction de Georges Bilbille. 1980 : ouverture du « Nouveau Théâtre Mouffetard » au 73 rue Mouffetard (emplacement actuel du théâtre). Il est inauguré en 1984. 1983-1992 : direction Anny Murvil 1992-1997 : direction Jean-José Grammond 1997-2003 : direction Armand Blondeau 2003-2012 : avec l'arrivée de Pierre Santini à sa direction, le « Nouveau Théâtre Mouffetard » redevient le « Théâtre Mouffetard ». Novembre 2013 : en partie remis à neuf, il accueille le Théâtre de la marionnette à Paris et devient Le Mouffetard - Théâtre des arts de la marionnettes.

Rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
Rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs
Paris, France 75006

Die Rue Notre-Dame-des-Champs ist eine 1.010 Meter lange und 11,70 Meter breite Straße im 6. Arrondissement von Paris. Sie beginnt bei Nummer 125 der Rue de Rennes und endet bei Nummer 18 der Avenue de l’Observatoire.GeschichteDie Straße wurde ursprünglich als Weg zur Kapelle Notre-Dame des Champs angelegt und bezieht hieraus ihren heutigen Namen. Der Weg existierte nachweislich bereits im 14. Jahrhundert und war ursprünglich unter der Bezeichnung Chemin Herbu bekannt. Später firmierte die Straße als Rue du Barc, Chemin de Coupe Gorge (1670), Rue Neuve Notre-Dame des Champs und während der Revolution als Rue de la Montagne des Champs.VerkehrsanbindungIn unmittelbarer Nähe ihres Anfangs befindet sich die Station Saint-Placide, die von der Linie 4 der Pariser Métro bedient wird. Gut 200 Meter nach dem Beginn der Straße befindet sich an der Kreuzung zum Boulevard Raspail die zur Linie 12 der Pariser Métro gehörende Station Notre-Dame-des-Champs und in unmittelbarer Nähe ihres Endes die zur Linie B des Pariser Schnellbahnnetzes RER gehörende Station Port Royal.

Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
252 rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, France 75005

The Église Saint-Jacques-du-Haut-Pas is a church in Paris, France in the 5th Arrondissement at the corner of Rue Saint-Jacques and the Rue de l'Abbé de l'Épée. The church has been registered as a historical monument since 4 June 1957.OriginsThe land on which the church is built was obtained oround 1180 by Hospitaller brothers originating from Altopascio, near Lucca, Italy. In 1360 the brothers built a simple chapel. Despite the suppression of their order by Pope Pius II in 1459, some brothers decided to remain. At that time the land around them was fields and meadows with a few low peasant houses and some religious institutions.In 1572 Catherine de' Medici decided to use the site as home for a group of Benedictine monks who had been expelled from their abbey of Saint-Magloire. The relics of St. Magloire of Dol and his disciples had been transported to Paris by Hugh Capet in 923, when the Normans attacked Brittany. The relics were transferred to the hospital, which became a monastery. In 1620, the seminary of the Oratorians under Pierre de Bérulle, the first seminar in France, replaced the Benedictines. It was known as the seminary of Saint-Magloire. Jean de La Fontaine stayed there as a novice.Initial constructionThe surrounding population increased and the faithful became accustomed to pray in the chapel of the Benedictines. The monks found themselves inconvenienced and demanded the departure of the lay people. In 1582 the bishop then gave permission for construction of a church adjoining the monastery of Saint-Magloire. A small church was built in 1584, serving the parishes of Saint-Hippolyte, Saint-Benoît and Saint-Médard. In this church the choir was oriented eastward, backing onto the rue Saint-Jacques. The church was entered through the monastery cemetery. A cemetery was opened in 1584 beside the original chapel, along today's rue de l’Abbé-de-l’Épée. It was closed in 1790. The original gallery organ was made by Vincent Coupeau, an organist of the parish, and was installed in 1628.

Chimie ParisTech
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
11 rue Pierre et Marie Curie
Paris, France 75005

01 44 27 67 12

Chimie ParisTech is an elite chemical science and engineering college founded in 1896, located in the 5th arrondissement of Paris. It is one of the founding members of ParisTech, and Paris Sciences et Lettres – Quartier latin. The students enter the school after highly competitive exams known as the Concours Communs Polytechniques, following at least two years of classes préparatoires. The school is known as France's most selective chemical engineering collegeThe school is a research center hosting nine laboratories which conduct high level research in various fields of chemistry.HistoryThe École nationale supérieure de chimie de Paris was founded in 1896 by Charles Friedel, a chemist and mineralogist who headed the school until 1899. At the time, the school was called the Laboratoire de chimie pratique et industrielle. It was located in the 6th arrondissement (rue Michelet), where it stayed until 1923.After the death of Friedel, Henri Moissan took the reins of the school. He was awarded the Nobel Prize for chemistry in 1906, while he was director. Moissan made student admission subject to competitive exams and renamed the school Institut de chimie appliquée (Institute of Applied Chemistry).

Institut océanographique de Paris
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
195 Rue Saint Jacques
Paris, France 75005

+33 1 44 32 10 80

L’Institut océanographique de Paris, rebaptisé Maison des océans et de la biodiversité en 2011, est une institution fondée en 1906 par Albert , prince de Monaco, qui comprend également le Musée océanographique de Monaco.HistoireLe siège de l’Institut océanographique à Paris fut officiellement inauguré le, par le prince Albert et par le président de la république française, Armand Fallières. Le bâtiment de l’Institut est inscrit aux monuments historiques depuis un arrêté du.Il se situe dans le arrondissement de Paris, aux abords du Quartier latin, au croisement des rues Saint-Jacques et rue Gay-Lussac, dans le « Campus Curie » qui regroupe d’autres institutions scientifiques, ancien domaine du couvent des Dames de Saint Michel, acquis par l’université de Paris avec le concours de l’État, de la ville de Paris et de SAS le prince Albert de Monaco, à qui l’université en l’inscrivant en tant que membre bienfaiteur lui céda un terrain de pour y bâtir le siège de la Fondation « Institut océanographique ».Pionnier de l’océanographie, Albert, veut, selon ses propres termes, en être le « propagateur ». Au retour de chacune de ses campagnes, le Prince Albert en présente les principaux résultats aux auditoires les plus qualifiés : Académie des sciences de Paris, dont il est élu membre, Société de biologie, Société zoologique de France, sociétés de géographie qui connaissent alors leur âge d’or dans toute l’Europe… et les universités populaires l’accueillent à plusieurs reprises.

Arènes de Lutèce
Distance: 0.6 mi Tourist Information
49 Rue Monge 75005 Paris
Paris, France 75005

The Arènes de Lutèce are among the most important remains from the Gallo-Roman era in Paris (known in antiquity as Lutetia, or Lutèce in French), together with the Thermes de Cluny. Lying in what is now the Quartier Latin, this amphitheater could once seat 15,000 people, and was used to present gladiatorial combats.Constructed in the 1st century AD, this amphitheater is considered the longest of its kind constructed by the Romans. The sunken arena of the amphitheater was surrounded by the wall of a podium 2.5 m (8.2 feet) high, surmounted by a parapet. The presence of a 41.2-m- (135-foot-) long stage allowed scenes to alternate between theatrical productions and combat. A series of nine niches aided in improving the acoustics. Five cubbyholes were situated beneath the lower terraces, of which there appear to have been animal cages that opened directly into the arena. Historians believe that the terraces, which surrounded more than half of the arena's circumference, could accommodate as many as 17,000 spectators.Slaves, the poor, and women were relegated to the higher tiers — while the lower seating areas were reserved for Roman male citizens. For comfort, a linen awning sheltered spectators from the hot sun. Circus acts showcased wild animals. From its vantage point, the amphitheater also afforded a spectacular view of the Bièvre and Seine rivers.When Lutèce was sacked during the barbarian invasions of 280 A.D., some of the structure's stone work was carted off to reinforce the city's defences around the Île de la Cité. Subsequently, the amphitheater became a cemetery, and then it was filled in completely following the construction of wall of Philippe Auguste (ca. 1210).

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Place Sainte-Geneviève
Paris, France 75005

Saint-Étienne-du-Mont is a church in Paris, France, located on the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève in the 5th arrondissement, near the Panthéon. It contains the shrine of St. Geneviève, the patron saint of Paris. The church also contains the tombs of Blaise Pascal and Jean Racine. Jean-Paul Marat is buried in the church's cemetery.The sculpted tympanum, the The Stoning of Saint Stephen, is the work of French sculptor Gabriel-Jules Thomas.Renowned organist, composer, and improviser Maurice Duruflé held the post of Titular Organist at Saint-Étienne-du-Mont from 1929 until his death in 1986.HistoryThe church of Saint-Etienne-du-Mont originated in the abbey of Sainte-Genevieve, where the eponymous saint had been buried in the 6th century. Devoted to the Virgin Mary, then to St. John the Apostle, the place was too small to accommodate all the faithful. In 1222, Pope Honorius III authorized the establishment of an autonomous church, which was devoted this time to St Etienne, then the patron saint of the old cathedral of Paris.

Rue Saint-Jacques, Paris
Distance: 0.4 mi Tourist Information
Rue Saint-Jacques
Paris, France 75005

0601020304

The Rue Saint-Jacques is a street in the Latin Quarter of Paris which lies along the cardo of Roman Lutetia. The Boulevard Saint-Michel, driven through this old quarter of Paris by Baron Haussmann, relegated the roughly parallel rue Saint-Jacques to a backstreet, but it was a main axial road of medieval Paris, as the buildings that still front it attest. It was the starting point for pilgrims leaving Paris to make their way along the chemin de St-Jacques that led eventually to Santiago de Compostela. The Paris base of the Dominican Order was established in 1218 under the leadership of Pierre Seila in the Chapelle Saint-Jacques, close to the Porte Saint-Jacques, on this street; this is why the Dominicans were called Jacobins in Paris. Johann Heynlin and Guillaume Fichet established the first printing press in France, briefly at the Sorbonne and then on this street, in the 1470s. The second printers in Paris were Peter Kayser and Johann Stohl at the sign of the Soleil d'Or in the Rue Saint-Jacques, from 1473. The proximity of the Sorbonne led many later booksellers and printers to set up shop here also.

THE GAME - Escape if you can
Distance: 0.5 mi Tourist Information
51 Rue du Cardinal Lemoine
Paris, France 75005

01 43 29 26 21

Des décors saisissants, des énigmes, des passages secrets et une mission à réaliser en équipe en moins d'une heure ! Enfin, si vous êtes à la hauteur !

Colorova
Distance: 0.9 mi Tourist Information
47 rue de l'Abbé-Grégoire
Paris, France 75006

0145446756

En quête de sensations visuelles et culinaires ? Colorova Néo- Salon de thé, pâtisserie, restaurant, lieu multi-couleur, multi-culturel, vous propose du mardi au vendredi ses formules incontournables: Petit déjeuner 9h-11h30 Déjeuner 12h15 jusqu'à 16h Tea time jusqu'à 18h Les Samedi et Dimanche : Brunch (réservation préférable) 11h jusqu'à 17h00 Tous les jours : Nos boissons chaudes (café MALANGO, sélection de Thés THEODOR Bio, chocolat maison..) et Fraîches (Thé glacé Maison, Jus frais, Citronnade, Limonade, lattés et frappés..) Notre signature : Les pâtisseries fines à consommer sur place ou à emporter La nouveauté : La formule à emporter Meatball Sandwich (A partir de septembre) Aux manettes du laboratoire de la rue de l’Abbé Grégoire le créatif Guillaume Gil, ancien pâtissier au Plaza Athénée sous la houlette de Christophe Michalak et à la Maison Blanche des frères Pourcel et son associée Charlotte Siles au service. Tous deux formés dans la prestigieuse école hôtelière Ferrandi, leur passion commune est de satisfaire vos papilles avec des produits frais, de qualité supérieure et de vous offrir un agréable moment dans leur univers atypique et chaleureux. Une invitation au voyage sensoriel..

Law school
Distance: 0.3 mi Tourist Information
12 place du Panthéon
Paris, France 75005

+33144783310

A law school is an institution specializing in legal education, usually involved as part of a process for becoming a lawyer within a given jurisdiction.